PDA

View Full Version : Neil McCann

Northernhibee
25-01-2018, 07:52 AM
What a roaster.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcsportscotland/videos/2013562965326249/

He was delighted to stick in the boot on the cup final coverage, started reeling off his achievements at Hearts and Rangers.

GIRUY.

JimBHibees
25-01-2018, 07:53 AM
What a roaster.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcsportscotland/videos/2013562965326249/

He was delighted to stick in the boot on the cup final coverage, started reeling off his achievements at Hearts and Rangers.

GIRUY.

Is it true he said last night that they dominated the game and deserved to win. If true hasnt got a clue.

IGRIGI
25-01-2018, 07:58 AM
"It takes all of your restraint not to go over the edge"

The boy's threatening a square go 😂

Northernhibee
25-01-2018, 08:01 AM
There were moments in that interview that he was in danger of going full "Been places, done things" :greengrin

IGRIGI
25-01-2018, 08:08 AM
"Ahv hud a look oan the laptop to see if Ahm wrong...and Ahm no wrong"

Set Seethe phasers to maximum 😂

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Is he right. Should it have been a second yellow? I wasn't there and haven't seen it so what's the opinion of folk who were there?

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Is he right. Should it have been a second yellow? I wasn't there and haven't seen it so what's the opinion of folk who were there?

I watched it online, and for me it was a second yellow.

Yes his booking was soft but that is irrelevant. He had a booking, and therefore should have gone. I thought NL might have taken him off after that but he was key to us seeing the game out.

We'd be fuming if it was against us and NL would get a 10 game touchline ban

Fife-Hibee
25-01-2018, 08:27 AM

Looked like a second yellow to me! We got away with one there 😉

IGRIGI
25-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Aye he'd took a swipe as he lost the guy, after the amount of dodgy decisions against us this season though I'll take it

Callum_62
25-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Definite 2nd booking

His first was barely a foul let alone a booking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael
25-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Based on that clip he doesn't say too much wrong.

Allant1981
25-01-2018, 08:53 AM
mcginn should have been off, if that had been a dundee player then lennon would have been saying the exact same thing

CB_NO3
25-01-2018, 08:54 AM
McGinn should have been off. Would say we dominated the game but. Barker missed two one on ones. Murray missed a sitter from one yard out. Rocky did pull of a wonder save tbf and they probably should have scored a header at the end.

One Day Soon
25-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Not seeing too much wrong with that.

He's having a go at the referee, not us. He's not even particularly critical of McGinn - just says they were fouls. We've been in exactly the same position and if his criticism is that refereeing is of a poor standard and inconsistent then he's not far wrong.

heretoday
25-01-2018, 09:07 AM
McCann's OK. There's been worse.

calumhibee1
25-01-2018, 09:11 AM
He's right in what he says to be fair. Still though, I'll take it, we've not had much go for us this season.

jijihibby
25-01-2018, 09:21 AM
It's not really a matter of whether or not it was a second yellow for John McGinn - it was that repulsive little toad's reaction and comments. Hibs get more decisions than most against us. Who does he think he is?

Wheat Hound
25-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Watching the highlights again on ALBA, McCann is moaning like hell to the ref at half time too, before any of SJMs bookings. He, like most managers, is just trying to deflect from his own and his side's deficiencies. Plus he is a jambohun 😁

Firestarter
25-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Didn't they get a soft penalty in the first match at Dens?

JimboHibs
25-01-2018, 09:30 AM
It's not really a matter of whether or not it was a second yellow for John McGinn - it was that repulsive little toad's reaction and comments. Hibs get more decisions than most against us. Who does he think he is?

Storm in a tea cup.

CMac1988
25-01-2018, 09:31 AM
McGinn should have been off. Would say we dominated the game but. Barker missed two one on ones. Murray missed a sitter from one yard out. Rocky did pull of a wonder save tbf and they probably should have scored a header at the end.

This, this, this, this, this and this.

What I will add though is that after the amount of fouls on McGinn and a fair few going unpunished early doors, McGinn's first yellow was nothing more than a free kick for me. There was a foul the first couple of minutes in where McGinn was held back for which a free kick was given but with it being the start of the game it wasn't deemed a booking.

Green Badger
25-01-2018, 09:34 AM
It probably was a yellow card, however how often do you see a referee take a more lenient attitude to those already on a yellow. If he hadn't been booked already, you can bet he probably would have.

Also, the first McGinn yellow did look a bit soft.

JimBHibees
25-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Definite 2nd booking

His first was barely a foul let alone a booking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes first wasnt a foul never mind a booking even more bizarre given the fouls SJM has been dealt with this season with barely a card being shown. The second one was 50 50 and could easily have been second yellow.

seven nowt
25-01-2018, 09:52 AM
He must have forgot the blatant dive in the box by Rory Deacon in the first game against them. Wasn't calling the ref a disgrace then.

And McGinns first booking wasn't a free kick, let alone a booking. Don't think he has any grounds to complain.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2018, 09:54 AM
The list of less popular people than Neil McCann in Scottish football is a short one.

Rattler
25-01-2018, 09:58 AM
BBC have it on here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42812785

Stevie Reid
25-01-2018, 10:02 AM
First booking soft, but McGinn should've gone for the second foul. Stroke of luck with that, and the late sitter missed by them. We deserved it though, and have been on the end of some bad decisions ourselves this season.

Geo_1875
25-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Having watched most of Hibs games this season I thought referees weren't allowed to book players twice. In fact. for most of our opponents a booking is an open invitation to continue kicking Hibs players.

McCann should reserve his anger for his players who cost his team more points than any referee will.

snooky
25-01-2018, 10:20 AM
First booking soft, but McGinn should've gone for the second foul. Stroke of luck with that, and the late sitter missed by them. We deserved it though, and have been on the end of some bad decisions ourselves this season.

Saw the foul on BBC highlights. Probably a booking fair enough. I must say I was surprised to see it included as the BBC usually edit out incidents that are controversial.
Maybe it was because this bad call was AGAINST our opponents? :dunno:

Paranoid, yes. With good reason, yes.

Northernhibee
25-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Didn't they get a soft penalty in the first match at Dens?

Scott Allan also handled in the box.

Craig_HFC
25-01-2018, 10:26 AM
It was a booking & he probably should have been off but I reckon the ref knew that his 1st booking was extremely soft so let him away with it.

McCann is probably justified to be annoyed by it but all he is doing is trying to deflect the attention away from his team's poor performance. We dominated the game and should have won a lot more comfortably. McCann is an expert at deflection tactics and he finds something to moan about every week to explain why his team didn't win.

He is a world class fud.

mjhibby
25-01-2018, 10:43 AM
He wasn't that bad a pundit but he should wait till he hasn't had a goal given that was over the line in a derby before moaning. I can see why the ref didn't send mcginn off but a lot would have. Wanting another player sent off is a sign of desperation by him. If anything his side isn't dirty enough like a certain team is. Plus of course his memory has gone as he's forgotten all the decisions he got while at the rangers. 😀

Scorrie
25-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Imagine if Dundee don’t get a goal awarded when it goes over the line in a couple of derbies. McCann would explode and then would have grounds for complaining that things don’t go their way!

hibbyfraelibby
25-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Alba put the camera on him regularly. Petulent child springs to mind. Wee Kylie the standside assistant ref slapped him down with one comment if my lip reading is up to scratch.

brog
25-01-2018, 12:38 PM
A serious question. Just how many bookings has SJM picked up this season & how many in say the last 5 games? He seems to be booked every game right now. Unless I missed it John was booked for his 1st foul last night & could have been sent off for his 2nd. Meanwhile I counted 5 or 6 fouls against him before he committed his 1st. I actually thought Robertson ( ref ) was ok last night. I thought he was very courteous in going over to McCann & giving him a detailed explanation as to why he did not red card John. Our managers always complain our refs don't explain their decisions. This time the ref did just that & guess what, McCann complained! Can't believe I'm sticking up for a Scottish ref!

vuefrom1875
25-01-2018, 12:53 PM

Brilliant 😀

JimBHibees
25-01-2018, 12:54 PM
A serious question. Just how many bookings has SJM picked up this season & how many in say the last 5 games? He seems to be booked every game right now. Unless I missed it John was booked for his 1st foul last night & could have been sent off for his 2nd. Meanwhile I counted 5 or 6 fouls against him before he committed his 1st. I actually thought Robertson ( ref ) was ok last night. I thought he was very courteous in going over to McCann & giving him a detailed explanation as to why he did not red card John. Our managers always complain our refs don't explain their decisions. This time the ref did just that & guess what, McCann complained! Can't believe I'm sticking up for a Scottish ref!

His bookings both in the derby and last night were a joke even allowing for he probably dodged a bullet with the possible second yellow.

danhibees1875
25-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Mcginn's yellow was ridiculous - as said already, wasn't even a foul. He then should have been sent off though for his later foul if he's already on a booking.

I can understand McCann's frustrations overall as Dundee seem to have some decent players and on that showing (after the first 20 mins) they played well and only their wastefulness in front of goal meant they got nothing and probably sit lower in the league than they should.

danhibees1875
25-01-2018, 01:04 PM

To add to this. There was one point early on where various Dundee players had taken kicks at Mcginn and Boyle. Each player had only done one each so there wasn't a case for individual consistent fouling, but instead of letting it go as would usually happen he called over their captain and told him to get his team to calm down. I thought that was a good bit of common sense. :agree:

Heisenberg
25-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Didn’t see McCann complaining when they got a penalty for what was a blatant dive in the first game at Dens. Get it up him.

Oscar T Grouch
25-01-2018, 01:23 PM
As we are constantly told when we don't get these sort of decisions, they even themselves up, so we have still to get quite a few more decisions like that before the balance is restored. McGinn should have gone for that foul but he really shouldn't have been booked when he was.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Referee got it right, maybe thinking that the first yellow was harsh and quickly weighed it up.

Tell you what he also got right - pulling up the Dundee skipper early doors to tell him that the repeated fouling of the first 15 wasn't on and that the next would be a booking. And it was. I'd appreciate this in a Derby or a game against the Sheep who are particularly agile at spreading the crime count.

Edit: As already pointed out above by Dan.

CMurdoch
25-01-2018, 04:12 PM
McGinn was foolish. As soon as I saw the tackle I thought he was gone. Would be painful given there was still a quarter of the match to go.
He seems to have had loads of bookings recently and is becoming a bit of a gob***** to referees during games. Needs to reign it in a wee bit. Must be close to a suspension.

Beefster
25-01-2018, 04:24 PM

Take a bow. I’ve been guffawing away for a couple of minutes now!

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 04:26 PM
McGinn was foolish. As soon as I saw the tackle I thought he was gone. Would be painful given there was still a quarter of the match to go.
He seems to have had loads of bookings recently and is becoming a bit of a gob***** to referees during games. Needs to reign it in a wee bit. Must be close to a suspension.

We need to remind referees. Naismith was in the refs face after 4 mins in on Sunday, it looked the sole purpose for him being on the pitch as the game progressed.

McGinn has a tough shift and is far more wronged than wrongdoer. I don't think there was a red card in anything he did last night. He's certainly not a foolish gob*****. He is our main man.

iwasthere1972
25-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Same old same old. He was bitter in his interview after we played them at home recently. He can't get over us brushing his beloved The Rangers aside at Hampden and for our supporters running on the pitch with the only intentions of kicking hell out the huns whereby they all needed hospitalised. Oh and he's a Jambos as well. Hope they get a man sent off in their next match.