PDA

View Full Version : player ratings

AugustaHibs
24-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Couldn't make it tonight - anyone who was there got ratings?

Lancs Harp
24-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Hang on half of us are still watching it on Alba. :wink:

R'Albin
24-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Marciano - 8

Ambrose - 6
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 8 (MOTM)
McGeouch - 5
McGinn - 7

Boyle - 5
Murray - 3
Barker - 6 (tough one because he was threatening but missed absolute sitters)

21sMay
24-01-2018, 11:29 PM
marciano-8....done everything asked of him and produced a great save .
lewis-7...decent, defended well and tried to bomb forward
McGregor-7.5... solid
hanlon-7.5...solid
ambrose-8...very good game
mcgeough-7...decent game,kept thing ticking over
mcginn-7.5... good goal and was decent
slivka-8...good game tonight and defo a player there
boyle-6...not great, tried his best but nothing came off
barker-7...great runs at time but finishing let him down
murray-6...tried and tried but wasn't Good enough

subs
swanson-7 couple of great touches
McLaren-6..not enough time

overall decent performance.

Hiber-nation
24-01-2018, 11:45 PM
Marciano - 8

Ambrose - 6
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 8 (MOTM)
McGeouch - 5
McGinn - 7

Boyle - 5
Murray - 3

Murray 3... whaaaaat?? Should have scored I know but did lots of good stuff tonight.

I thought Boyle was our poorest player. Slivka very good tonight.

R'Albin
24-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Murray 3... whaaaaat?? Should have scored I know but did lots of good stuff tonight.

I thought Boyle was our poorest player. Slivka very good tonight.

I thought Boyle started well but then completely fell out of the game and was ineffectual.

Murray was dire tonight IMO. Hardly involved and when he was his touch was poor. He finally made a good run and then ended up missing a sitter.

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 11:54 PM
I thought Boyle started well but then completely fell out of the game and was ineffectual.

Murray was dire tonight IMO. Hardly involved and when he was his touch was poor. He finally made a good run and then ended up missing a sitter.

Agree, Murray was very poor. I actually thought McGinn was ineffectual as well, surprised he got MOTM. The back four all played well, Ambrose recovered from his Derby nightmare.

Tornadoes70
24-01-2018, 11:57 PM

I agree with the comments re Boyle who didn't have one of his better games but Murray put in a shift of work-rate and on another game would have scored at least one. Bit harsh for me but its all each to their own opinions I suppose.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

FifeHibs
25-01-2018, 12:01 AM
I don't think Murray put in the same work rate as he did earlier on in the season. Boyle has been poor for a few weeks now.

Unseen work
25-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Marciano - 7 - Wasn’t needed much but made a good save

Ambrose - 6 - he’s just quite an odd player isn’t he? Never sure what he will do next
Hanlon - 7 - solid
McGregor - 7 - solid
Stevenson - 6 - ok but some poor delivery

Mcgeocuh - 6 - very quiet tonight
Mcginn - 9 - completely bossed the midfield and seemed to get in the box more
Slivka - 8 - his best performance by far. Had it all tonight - skill, vision and great control. His part in the goal was outstanding. On another night would have 2 assists

Boyle - 6 - got fouled a lot but was relatively quiet
Murray - 7 - actually thought he player really well tonight in terms of hold up play etc. Couple of poor misses
Barker - 6 - very frustrating player at times as you can see what he’s capable of. Needs to improve his finishing.

Swanson - 7 - Not on for long but he showed the undoubted ability he has. I’m a big fan of him and hope he pushes on.

Dundee

Have some very good players and I’m surprised they’re doing so poorly, think they’re similar to us in certain ways as in missing the final edge.

Scott Allan
Glen Kamara
Jack Hendry
Fassal El Bakhouti
Mark Ohara

Are all good players who can influence games by scoring and creating chances and tbh would take them at Hibs.

Scott Allan - absolutely no coincidence as soon as he came on they became on top, couple of fantastic passes and bits of skill to create chances.

danhibees1875
25-01-2018, 01:11 AM
I thought we missed Bartley tonight/ a defensive midfield presence. Dundee seemed to find a bit of space behind our middle 3 and focused on this on most of their attacks.
I also thought we looked knackered after 60 minutes and begging for a sub - was surprised it took Lennon 20 minutes from there.

Rocky - 7 done what he had to well and mostly good distribution

Ambrose - 6 sometimes brilliant, but the odd efe moment
McGregor - 7 solid
Hanlon - 8 some player
Stevenson - 7 solid

Mcginn - 7 got kicked within 1 minute and a few more times, got a cheap booking and then got away with a couple after that. Looked tired towards the end.
McGeoch - 7 thought he controlled the game well, a couple of sloppy moments. Also looked tired for the last 20 minutes.
Slivka - 8 a good performance with some neat touches and passes.

Barker - 7 I'm a big fan, he can carry the ball half the park but needs to work on his shooting.
Boyle - 7 started brightly but didn't make much happen.
Murray - 7 had some chances that he should have done better with. One instance where a Dundee player had a tricky clearance to make and Murray needlessly fouls him sticks out.

Swanson - great contribution for the time he had on the pitch
McLaren - worked hard for what little time he had
Shaw - no time but good positioning for his chance.

Lennon - thought he was a bit slow to make changes when we looked to have a lot of tired players and needed freshened up. Also thought we looked a bit weak in defensive mid, but not sure what the solution would have been and we got the benefits of forward thinking midfielders which we've been calling out for.
But they're just little criticisms alongside what was a well won 3 points by Lennon and the team.

SirDavidsNapper
25-01-2018, 06:24 AM
Marciano - 8

Ambrose - 6
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 6

Slivka - 8 (MOTM)
McGeouch - 5
McGinn - 7

Boyle - 5
Murray - 3

Ambrose strolled it. At least an 8

cabbage_88
25-01-2018, 06:49 AM
Can't believe some of the ratings for Murray! He did miss a sitter but he still put in a really good shift last night, his touch and link up play were a lot better than usual. His corners were 100x more dangerous than any of the other ones we took as well.

Giving him a 3 is embarassing!

Allant1981
25-01-2018, 07:00 AM
some strange ratings, ambrose had a good game but some give a 6, and murray was no where near a 3

jax67
25-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Great to see Slivka getting good marks.
Good player with two good feet, when played in the middle could do well for us. IMHO.

SMAXXA
25-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Think we need to give Murray a bit of slack here. That’s his first competitive start for a wee while isn’t it, it sometimes isn’t easy coming in and look at the lad when he was getting a run of games he was flying. I say stick with him for 3-4 games get him back upto speed

Saying that I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he ended up going to turkey and we cashed in, stranger things have happened.

Brightside
25-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Can't believe some of the ratings for Murray! He did miss a sitter but he still put in a really good shift last night, his touch and link up play were a lot better than usual. His corners were 100x more dangerous than any of the other ones we took as well.

Giving him a 3 is embarassing!
He’s the next boo boy. Barker had a chance to just roll the ball to Murray and instead smashed it past the post. He also missed another chance. Murray work d hard but it just wasn’t his night.

overdrive
25-01-2018, 07:28 AM
The comments about Boyle are interesting. The commentators on the radio had Boyle as our most dangerous player and said he was better than Barker.

Paloschi
25-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Marciano 8 - Has the ability to make amazing saves and a deserved clean sheet.

Ambrose 8 - Saved a certain goal, defended well and got forward. His use of the ball in the final third was excellent.
McGregor 6 - Solid at times but not at his best.
Hanlon 7 - Dominant and reads the game so well.
Stevenson 7 - Great engine and touch. Lacks the final ball but few better left backs in Scotland.

McGeouch 7 - Deeper role in the second half and plays better when he is allowed to dictate tempo. Some great balls out to the wingers.
McGinn 8 - Battled, created, drove the team and scored. My MOM.
Slivka 7 - much better. Very accomplished with the ball and ran at Dundee. Better when played in a cm position but able to roam forward.

Boyle 6 - His very presence on the pitch causes havoc with defences. Was quiet tonight but defended well.
Murray 6 - Under pressure but looks better than Shaw as the lone front man. Played a key role at the goal.
Barker 7 - Was our main threat and should have scored two. His pace, skill and determination are evident but his final ball or finish is missing. He is still key for us and is a fine footballer.

Subs: Swanson looked great when he came on. McLaren hardly a sniff and Shaw almost hit a late goal.

Special mention: Scott Allan was by far and away Dundee's best player. His passing and vision caused us problems. He's a great player to watch and plays the beautiful game. He won't be back at Hibs but I always enjoy watching him.

hibsbollah
25-01-2018, 09:19 AM
I must be getting grumpy in my old age but I think we need to be aiming higher than last nights performance and some ratings are spectacularly generous. We didn't play any better than Sunday IMO.

Rocky 7

Lewis 7
Hanlon 7
Daz 7
Ambrose 8 MOTM.

Slivka 7
McGinn 6 tired very noticeably after 65
McGeouch 6
Barker 7 great at what he does, shooting practice required.

Murray 4
Boyle 4

I thought both strikers were woeful.

Peevemor
25-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Having just seen these highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A5f0UVXeDQ it looks to me that Murray's "miss of the century" wasn't as bad as is being made out. By the time he had finshed wrestling with the Dundee defender to get the position at the far post, he didn't leave himself enough time to set himself up to take the ball. I'm not saying he shouldn't have done better, just that he had work to do beforehand.

calumhibee1
25-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Hang on half of us are still watching it on Alba. :wink:

I'd say:

Rocky - 7

Efe - 6
Daz - 7
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 7

McGeough - 7
McGinn - 7
Slivka - 9

Boyle - 7
Murray - 5
Barker - 7

Thought everyone was good enough with Slivka being the stand out. Swanson done very well off the bench, Shaw got a decent shot away but didn't do much else in the limited time he had and didn't see enough of Maclaren although he made a good run to open up the space for Swansons shot. A deserved win.

calumhibee1
25-01-2018, 10:10 AM
He’s the next boo boy. Barker had a chance to just roll the ball to Murray and instead smashed it past the post. He also missed another chance. Murray work d hard but it just wasn’t his night.

The problem is with Murray that for the last few months what you've said could probably describe him. Worked hard but wasn't his day etc. He's been a half decent singing but IMO he's a squad player.

The_Horde
25-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Having just seen these highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A5f0UVXeDQ it looks to me that Murray's "miss of the century" wasn't as bad as is being made out. By the time he had finshed wrestling with the Dundee defender to get the position at the far post, he didn't leave himself enough time to set himself up to take the ball. I'm not saying he shouldn't have done better, just that he had work to do beforehand.

That's the wrong chance. It's towards the end of the highlights when set up by swanson.

Peevemor
25-01-2018, 10:28 AM
That's the wrong chance. It's towards the end of the highlights when set up by swanson.

I see that now (I'm at work so I'm watching on the sly).

Yeah - he should have made contact if nothing else.

snooky
25-01-2018, 10:31 AM
The problem is with Murray that for the last few months what you've said could probably describe him. Worked hard but wasn't his day etc. He's been a half decent singing but IMO he's a squad player.

When he first arrived it seemed he was scoring for fun. Now he can't buy a goal.
Odd.

cmcd
25-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Some people keep mentioning Stevenson's lack of a final ball .Watching last night's game I thought he crossed over a few great balls but there was no one bursting a gut to get in the box.Not criticising just an observation

hibsbollah
25-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Some people keep mentioning Stevenson's lack of a final ball .Watching last night's game I thought he crossed over a few great balls but there was no one bursting a gut to get in the box.Not criticising just an observation

Yes he did,you're right. He played well.

KWJ
25-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Hanlon was fantastic last night. Scouts up to see Hendry and McGinn will have been writing about Paul. 9 or 10/10 from me. Won everything and didnt give it away.

KWJ
25-01-2018, 12:38 PM

I was critical of barker on his thread but he does give Stevenson a bit more freedom.

overdrive
25-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Dundee

Have some very good players and I’m surprised they’re doing so poorly, think they’re similar to us in certain ways as in missing the final edge.

Scott Allan
Glen Kamara
Jack Hendry
Fassal El Bakhouti
Mark Ohara

Are all good players who can influence games by scoring and creating chances and tbh would take them at Hibs.

Scott Allan - absolutely no coincidence as soon as he came on they became on top, couple of fantastic passes and bits of skill to create chances.

I sit opposite a Dundee season ticket holder at work. She was saying today that it annoys her that the media portray El Bakhtoui as one of their best players. She says he is woeful and only occasionally turns it on for the cameras. She also said Allan has done nothing all season and looks a poor player 99% of the time.

She was also saying that there was some sort of fight between El Bakhtoui and McGowan during the match (one headbutted the other apparently). She re-watched the part of the match it happened in on Alba and said they didn't show it. I listened to the game on the radio and they didn't mention either. Did anyone notice this at the match?

superfurryhibby
25-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Should have scored both chances, the last one, a great ball from Swanson and all it needed was a touch.

Some good saves from Marciano and plenty of chances at both ends of the pitch.

IWasThere2016
25-01-2018, 01:15 PM
I sit opposite a Dundee season ticket holder at work. She was saying today that it annoys her that the media portray El Bakhtoui as one of their best players. She says he is woeful and only occasionally turns it on for the cameras. She also said Allan has done nothing all season and looks a poor player 99% of the time.

She was also saying that there was some sort of fight between El Bakhtoui and McGowan during the match (one headbutted the other apparently). She re-watched the part of the match it happened in on Alba and said they didn't show it. I listened to the game on the radio and they didn't mention either. Did anyone notice this at the match?

My Dees' pals - several have STs - say the same...

Allan isn't fit.. but is their "best" player - from a player and Board member in separate convos. I'd have him back at ER..

Only watched to an hour on Alba - didn't see any 'fight'

KWJ
25-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Watched the game on Alba

Marciano - 8 - 2 more fine saves following that wonder save on Saturday. Did nothing wrong.

Ambrose - 8 - always an option down the right, some nice footwork and a couple of FFS EFE moments! Great defensive header at back stick from a corner.
McGregor - 7 - decent, did he lose his man for that later header?
Hanlon - 9 - Got everything absolutely spot on.
Steventson - 7 - Good game forward and back.

Barker - 6 - Had to score. Gave the ball away too easily at times.
McGinn - 8 - Scored the goal, won the ball back quite a bit and was fouled about 6 times. His first yellow was never a card but McCann had a case to argue for a 2nd.
McGeough - 7 - Wasn't bad but I'd like to see him do a bit more. He was like Scott Brown with the anchor short passing but he doesn't have SB's work rate and tenacity to only do this.
Slivka - 7 - Good going forward, average at the back. Dunno why he wasn't in box for corners. Great bit of play for the goal. Needs to get the ball more in forward positions.
Boyle - 7 - He was decent and caused them problems but there was room for improvement.

Murray - 5 - Missed an absolute sitter, took a daft booking and generally didn't do enough to keep his place.

Subs - Swanson - I'd start him in place of Barker or giving Boyle a rest.

MacLaren - not on long enough.
Shaw - not on long enough but had a good shot on target.

Lago
25-01-2018, 01:25 PM
I wasn't at the game and didn't watch on Alba si it was interesting to read this thread to get an idea as to how the individuals played. Well one things for sure everybody had a different opinion from who was MotM to how hard Murray tried, and so on. It made for an interesting read.