PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Dundee 0-1 Hibernian (McGinn)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stevie Reid
24-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Only Celtic have lost less games than us now. This is some crisis, likes.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2018, 09:38 PM
ooooh Hibs v Murrawell on Alba as well

Stevie Reid
24-01-2018, 09:38 PM
ooooh Hibs v Murrawell on Alba as well

What's the score in that one? Could be a great six points for us the night.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2018, 09:39 PM
What's the score in that one?

2-1 the homesters

oops....you added :(

monktonharp
24-01-2018, 09:43 PM
I think we need to concentrate on being the 4th best team in the league and forget about being the 2nd best.I,d settle for that until we get to the top six play offs.

brog
24-01-2018, 09:47 PM
If we'd taken even half the additional points that we should've this season, we'd be second.
We've actually won more points against the other 10 clubs than Aberdeen have & only Celtc have more away clean sheets than we have. Would be nice to put a team away comfortably though!

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2018, 09:48 PM
To be fair we would have won far more easily had Stokes been in the starting eleven.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Wonder what the pricetag is on Jack Hendry. Thought he was MotM.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Wonder what the pricetag is on Jack Hendry. Thought he was MotM.

Think Celtc are in for him

Shore Thing
24-01-2018, 09:51 PM
This could go either way. Hibs are holding their shape well. I think we could win this one

Stevie Reid
24-01-2018, 09:51 PM
We've actually won more points against the other 10 clubs than Aberdeen have & only Celtc have more away clean sheets than we have. Would be nice to put a team away comfortably though!

Yeah I was thinking how interesting the dynamics at the top are. Aberdeen are level on points with Rangers and have lost nine points to them.

As you say, Aberdeen's two wins over us pretty much what separates us and them.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2018, 09:52 PM
can't see dundee scoring here, having said that i can't see us scoring either :( sjm should be taken off for that absolutely appalling corner after 2 mins

Sammy7nil
24-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Same old same old I can see us losing this one we need a striker. Com'n Hibs
Dundee will nick this if we are not careful

24-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Wtf is going on

Ronniekirk
24-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Started watching on Alba and then needed to know the result full of dread. Very pleasantly surprised brilliant three points. Mon the Hibees!!'

Am watching second half only So i can watch all those misses knowing we still won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shore Thing
24-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Wtf is going on

Haha! The longest midweek game ever

Shore Thing
24-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I can see this finishing Dundee 6 hibs 6

Keyser Sauzee
24-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Brutal? Being played out of his position he was signed as a left midfielder never gets played in that position. Swanson is the best technical player at Easter road he’s looking fit just needs match time.

Stokes, Barker, McGeough, McGinn. All better technically that’s swanson, I like Danny but some fans get misty eyed about him cause he’s a hibs fan.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Midfield looks a lot more threatening with Slivka in for Bartley.

-Jonesy-
24-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Savvy touch and turn for slivka under pressure in the box to open up the chance for the goal

24-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Savvy touch and turn for slivka under pressure in the box to open up the chance for the goal

Slivka put a cracking ball through for Barkers second chance. If Boyle and Barker could finish we’d have some team.

iwasthere1972
24-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Barker needs to stop shooting. Just pass the ball.

GreenCastle
24-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Decent well taken goal - good pass Efe and then Slivka then SJM finishing

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:18 PM
It's been dreadful entertainment, let's be fair. Happy with the win but we're not playing well. Ambrose and Slivka the exceptions.

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Petrie dressed like paw Broon.

Ronniekirk
24-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Bunnet and chewing gum

iwasthere1972
24-01-2018, 10:23 PM

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Midfield looks a lot more threatening with Slivka in for Bartley.

Wow, careful, you almost complemented a Neil Lennon signing there.

hibee1875
24-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Scott Alan takes crap corners too

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Brandon should have had a hat trick by now

jacomo
24-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Brutal? Being played out of his position he was signed as a left midfielder never gets played in that position. Swanson is the best technical player at Easter road he’s looking fit just needs match time.

Even when played on the left at St J he used to drift infield a lot.

Surely he can play in the middle too?

Nakedmanoncrack
24-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Only found out the score an hour ago, wasn't optimistic to be honest so pleasantly surprised and delighted. Needed that win with harder games on the horizon.

Stevie Reid
24-01-2018, 10:35 PM
It's been dreadful entertainment, let's be fair. Happy with the win but we're not playing well. Ambrose and Slivka the exceptions.

Pretty harsh IMO. Decent performance and several good chances created. Rocky playing a big part again too.

Zoro
24-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Stokes, Barker, McGeough, McGinn. All better technically that’s swanson, I like Danny but some fans get misty eyed about him cause he’s a hibs fan.

You are joking eh. Barker and Mcginn I’m talking technical ablity Swanson can make that decisive pass put a decent free kick in and corner I think it’s tge other way about you look at players like McGinn a good player at that but very average last six games. The only reason Swanson is not firing on all cylinders is bcos he’s being played out of position and not getting any match time. He came on tonight made the keeper make a great save and sneaky two assist but we can’t finish.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2018, 10:36 PM
hibs v aberdeen game on alba as well....me thinks alba lurves us

Zoro
24-01-2018, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Zoro;5292415]You are joking eh. Barker and Mcginn I’m talking technical ablity Swanson can make that decisive pass put a decent free kick in and corner I think it’s tge other way about you look at players like McGinn a good player at that but very average last six games. The only reason Swanson is not firing on all cylinders is bcos he’s being played out of position and not getting any match time. He came on tonight made the keeper make a great save and sneaky two assist but we can’t finish.dont know what you mean about misty eyed I give Swanson Criticism and he gets allot from the fans but like I said earlier he doesn’t get enough game time.

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Pretty harsh IMO. Decent performance and several good chances created. Rocky playing a big part again too.

I'll take the win. Pleasing on the eye, it's not.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2018, 10:39 PM
looks like danny has lost a little weight, which he needed to do imo

ehf
24-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Slivka put a cracking ball through for Barkers second chance. If Boyle and Barker could finish we’d have some team.

If Boyle and Barker could finish they wouldn't be here.

Stevie Reid
24-01-2018, 10:40 PM
I'll take the win. Pleasing on the eye, it's not.

Not vintage. Played some nice stuff at times.

Shore Thing
24-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Swanson hit the bye line well there

poolman
24-01-2018, 10:44 PM
We need to get the corners and free kicks sorted, they're pretty abysmal

Oh for a Zitelli whipping in these corner kicks, and a Henderson of course :greengrin

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Danny definitely has found his mojo,even for the last 15 minutes. Good to see.

Stevie Reid
24-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Danny definitely has found his mojo,even for the last 15 minutes. Good to see.

I was really excited by him in the league cup games I saw him play. No doubting his ability.

monktonharp
25-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Yeah I was thinking how interesting the dynamics at the top are. Aberdeen are level on points with Rangers and have lost nine points to them.

As you say, Aberdeen's two wins over us pretty much what separates us and them.I'd add to that the first game at Dens where we should have taken 3 not one point, also the Hamilton away game. there were others I'm sure but those were 4 points lost , badly. we could have closed down the game at Celtic Park too.

Allant1981
25-01-2018, 06:20 AM
What a struggle by the sounds of it. Still, important 3 points and another clean sheet. Get McLaren on from the start at Darkheid.

not a struggle, thought we controlled most of the match last night

Stevie Reid
25-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Bizarrely, BBC Football is making a huge deal of Murray's miss, with a bespoke video on the main page with the caption 'How did he miss? A howler from Hibs' Murray'

I think this is incredibly unfair, yes he should've made contact with it, but even if he had, the keeper was right at his feet, so even if he got a touch, there's no guarantee it goes in. Add to that the fact that he was in front of the near post, and he had just slipped in the build up.

A good chance missed, no more than that - not as if it was an open goal or anything. FWIW, I thought Boye's at Tynie was far, far worse. Bizarre stuff from the BBC.

G B Young
25-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Bizarrely, BBC Football is making a huge deal of Murray's miss, with a bespoke video on the main page with the caption 'How did he miss? A howler from Hibs' Murray'

I think this is incredibly unfair, yes he should've made contact with it, but even if he had, the keeper was right at his feet, so even if he got a touch, there's no guarantee it goes in. Add to that the fact that he was in front of the near post, and he had just slipped in the build up.

A good chance missed, no more than that - not as if it was an open goal or anything. FWIW, I thought Boye's at Tynie was far, far worse. Bizarre stuff from the BBC.

Indeed. Hardly the 'open goal' being claimed. Nowhere near as bad as Cummings' miss at Raith a couple of seasons back.

bingo70
25-01-2018, 04:10 PM

I listened to the game on the radio and I was expecting much much worse when I saw it.

He clearly should have scored but don’t think it warranted Willie Miller and Steven Thompson pishing themselves laughing the way they did.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Indeed. Hardly the 'open goal' being claimed. Nowhere near as bad as Cummings' miss at Raith a couple of seasons back.

I listened to the game on the radio and I was expecting much much worse when I saw it.

He clearly should have scored but don’t think it warranted Willie Miller and Steven Thompson pishing themselves laughing the way they did.

:agree:

I would imagine that anyone clicking into that would be rather underwhelmed by it, especially given the caption. The video next to it is a goalkeeper scoring from his own half, yet Murray gets top billing just for failing to connect with a cross.

mjhibby
25-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Bizarre and worrying that are getting as obsessed with us at the pbs mob. Better strikers have missed easier chances and while he probably should have scored he didn't realise how much pace was on the ball. BTW barkers two chances were not gimmes either as was reported.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Opinions are funny I suppose. All the Dee boys at my work today said that we were positive and played well and deserved to give them a skelping.