PDA

View Full Version : Lennon for Scotland job ....... according to .......

Jim44
24-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Jackie McNamara. Just saw on Twitter. Jackie McNamara is backing Neil Lennon for the Scottish boss. Who rattled his cage?

Firestarter
24-01-2018, 04:15 PM
I could see him doing a very good job and would tick a lot of boxes.

HoboHarry
24-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Jackie McNamara. Just saw on Twitter. Jackie McNamara is backing Neil Lennon for the Scottish boss. Who rattled his cage?
Don't know but I hope his Dad rattles his baws for suggesting it....... :greengrin

JimboHibs
24-01-2018, 04:17 PM
I could see him doing a very good job and would tick a lot of boxes.

Definitely tick alot if boxes ...though don't think he would take it if offered.

Firestarter
24-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Definitely tick alot if boxes ...though don't think he would take it if offered.

I think he would.

andybev1
24-01-2018, 04:24 PM
He was asked in the latest pre match and said he is happy where he is. :aok:

hibbysam
24-01-2018, 04:28 PM
I think he would.

It wouldn’t suit NL’s style IMO. He craves his day to day work and wouldn’t enjoy sitting doing heehaw for months at a time.

silverhibee
24-01-2018, 04:47 PM

And yet Lennon said yesterday he was happy at Hibs and that the Scotland job isn't for him.

Dad or son McNamara ?

WoreTheGreen
24-01-2018, 04:53 PM
And yet Lennon said yesterday he was happy at Hibs and that the Scotland job isn't for him.

Dad or son McNamara ?

Son a reminder i am stil here

Jim44
24-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Yes. I think he was seeking a bit of attention for himself rather than actually making a profound statement.

Firestarter
24-01-2018, 04:58 PM
It wouldn’t suit NL’s style IMO. He craves his day to day work and wouldn’t enjoy sitting doing heehaw for months at a time.

Again it may be he would prefer the golf and the punditry he could be allowed as a national manager.

madhatter
24-01-2018, 05:03 PM
I think he'd take it if offered.

Vini1875
24-01-2018, 05:06 PM
...nobody ever. At least it should say. Jackie Mac jnr isn't weighted down with brains.

Jim44
24-01-2018, 05:06 PM
I think they should give Levein a second chance now that he has a major scalp under his hat. :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
24-01-2018, 05:10 PM
I think they should give Levein a second chance now that he has a major scalp under his hat. :greengrin

Only if he gets a potoloo in the dugoot

SeanWilson
24-01-2018, 05:11 PM
He could do both, if we'd allow it.

plhibs
24-01-2018, 05:13 PM
I think he'd take it if offered.

I don't think he would because of the grief he would get from certain teams supporters.

Forza Fred
24-01-2018, 06:46 PM
I have no doubt he would take it.

Probably. Viewed as too controversial by the blazers.

bigwheel
24-01-2018, 06:51 PM

After hearing him talk about it at the pre match press conference ....I'm sure he would take it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silverhibee
24-01-2018, 07:52 PM

:aok:

Still being hated in York.

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2018, 07:59 PM

That's exactly it from the horses mouth. Also said he could never understand younger managers taking international jobs so early in their careers.

SirDavidsNapper
24-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Celtic fans wouldn't like him managing a foreign team

Greenworld
25-01-2018, 07:56 AM
I think that high profile job of Scotland manager and with his love of TV work would suit him.
If approached hopefully hibs would get a few quid and another good manager in .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mca
25-01-2018, 10:01 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-great-fit-for-scotland-manager-job-brendan-rodgers-1-4672727

:cb

Capt Mainwaring
25-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Listened to NL being interviewed on TalkSport Scotland coming back from the development game tonight. Ally McCoist put the Scotland Manager position to him.

NL dismissed his interest saying he was too young and it needed a more experienced manager at Club and International level to take the reigns

ancient hibee
25-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Wonder when we next play Celtic?

snooky
25-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Wonder when we next play Celtic?

I'm really sick to death of all the devious mind games being played against us.
Stick to playing football on the field ya bams and STFU, Brendan, Potter, et al. :grr:

SRHibs
25-01-2018, 10:30 PM
I think that high profile job of Scotland manager and with his love of TV work would suit him.
If approached hopefully hibs would get a few quid and another good manager in .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think the large amounts of downtime compared to club football wouldn’t suit anyone with depression. Although if he’s filling that time with media work I guess it wouldn’t be so bad.

jacomo
25-01-2018, 10:33 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-great-fit-for-scotland-manager-job-brendan-rodgers-1-4672727

:cb

Silly season.

andybev1
25-01-2018, 10:50 PM
I hear Rogers is up for patronising prick of the year - good chance of winning it apparently.

Hi Heid Yin
25-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Listening to Neil Lennon talking about the Scotland job the other day I detected a twinkle in his eye and, of course, he gave the standard reply of a manager in that he is happy where he is - knowing that the world is watching, including Leeann Dempster and co. Stranger things have happened in the football manager merry-go-round.

snooky
25-01-2018, 10:58 PM
I hear Rogers is up for patronising prick of the year - good chance of winning it apparently.

Surely that makes HIM the perfect fit for the Scotland job. :hmmm:

Jim44
25-01-2018, 11:04 PM

Not to mention totally unprofessional conduct in commenting on the business of a fellow manager. It was bad enough for a nonentity like McNamara to set the ball rolling on this one but Rogers’ involvement beggars belief.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2018, 11:23 PM
How about Brendan Rodgers sticks to talking about his own team?

Firestarter
25-01-2018, 11:26 PM

Would love Lennon to say so. But he won't.

Jim44
25-01-2018, 11:51 PM

His pre-match conference touched on the International situation. Does he have a vested interest in getting a Celtic minded Scottish National coach?

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has expressed concern about the possible impact Scotland's post-season friendlies could have on the Hoops' Champions League hopes and the rest of Scottish football.

The Scottish Football Association, still searching for a national team boss to replace Gordon Strachan after Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill rejected the opportunity, have arranged four matches in the meantime including a trip to Peru on May 29 before taking on Mexico away on June 2.

The Parkhead club have recently provided Scotland and Hoops captain Scott Brown, Craig Gordon, Kieran Tierney, Stuart Armstrong, Callum McGregor, James Forrest and Leigh Griffiths to the national squad.

Celtic, in the likelihood of them winning the Ladbrokes Premiership title again, will begin their Champions League qualification campaign on July 10 or 11 and Rodgers, hoping his side make the William Hill Scottish Cup final on May 19, pointed out the implications of a short summer break.

"We hope to make it through to the Scottish Cup final which takes you through to May 19, if you then have eight of your players at least going on a friendly tour to South America, I don't think it is helpful for Celtic, ''said the Northern Irishman, who will be looking for a "sensible decision'' to be made by whoever becomes Strachan's successor.

"Players will play 60 games plus, plus international games so that makes it extremely difficult, especially for the young players like Kieran Tierney who are starting out on their careers and have made great starts.

"You don't want them to be broken and burnt out too early in their career because of the number of games.

"Footballers are not machines, they are human beings and they need that mental and physical recovery at times.

"But I also think it is for the wider scope of Scottish football.

"The team has the opportunity to qualify for the Champions League, they need every chance they can to qualify.

"One: for the national game, to show we can put a team into the elite club competition in European football, but also two: financially.

"The financial implications the last couple of years qualifying for the Champions League is that each of the other clubs get a substantial amount of money for that and sometimes that is the most revenue that they get.

"So it is not just for Celtic. Of course, you look firstly within your club and the players but you also have to take into consideration Scottish football when you bring on a friendly campaign that far away at that time of the season.

"Some of these players had six days (off) last year, some had 10, the maximum the non-internationals had was three weeks, so to do that again, you are not giving yourself an opportunity.'

Aim Here
26-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Not to mention totally unprofessional conduct in commenting on the business of a fellow manager. It was bad enough for a nonentity like McNamara to set the ball rolling on this one but Rogers’ involvement beggars belief.

The media is a funny bugger. There's a pretty good possibility that Neil put Rogers and/or McNamara up to making the 'speculation' as a roundabout way of announcing he was interested in the job - it'd be far from the first time that feelers would have been sent out this way by managers hunting for jobs, and Lennon certainly didn't do anything to shut down the speculation when they pressed him at the press conference.

Jim44
26-01-2018, 02:58 PM
The media is a funny bugger. There's a pretty good possibility that Neil put Rogers and/or McNamara up to making the 'speculation' as a roundabout way of announcing he was interested in the job - it'd be far from the first time that feelers would have been sent out this way by managers hunting for jobs, and Lennon certainly didn't do anything to shut down the speculation when they pressed him at the press conference.

Interesting observation but I’d be surprised and disappointed if true.

Kojock
26-01-2018, 03:00 PM
At least he'd have plenty free time to attend all the Celtic gigs lol

Onion
26-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Scotland job is a road to nowhere for Lennon but perhaps the best he could hope as England will no touch him. Be disappointed to see him leave, but ultimately everyone chucks it at Hibs unlesss they think they'll be supported to take the team to a higher level.

adhibs
26-01-2018, 03:14 PM
The news article does it make it seem like he woyld be interested. He possibly could just be pushing hibs to give him a bit cash to spend though

silverhibee
26-01-2018, 03:19 PM
No chance Lennon will ever manage the Scottish national team,nFFS he has enough on his plate with the media for him to start getting asked about this nonsense, it ain't happening.

where'stheslope
26-01-2018, 03:32 PM
No chance Lennon will ever manage the Scottish national team,nFFS he has enough on his plate with the media for him to start getting asked about this nonsense, it ain't happening.

Correct!!!!!

But we are playing Celtic at the weekend, so a wee bit of confusion goes a long way in the media!!!!!!!

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Neil Lennon would be an excellent Scotland manager imo

He won't ever even be approached for it because half the country genuinely hate him for one reason or another

Since90+2
26-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Lennon would never be offered (or take) the Scotland job. He is detested by a large proportion of the countries fans so he would be on a hiding to nothing.

HoboHarry
26-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Neil Lennon would be an excellent Scotland manager imo

He won't ever even be approached for it because half the country genuinely hate him for one reason or another
Don't recall much of a love in for Craig Levein and he still got it......

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Don't recall much of a love in for Craig Levein and he still got it......

The job he done at Dundee United was pretty well rec'd throughout the media at the time.

He may be hated by hibs fans Levein, but Lennon is genuinely despised by rangers/hearts fans and dislikes by many others. I'd say about 60% football fans in this country has a sever disliking for him.

Which suits me, he's ours

Diclonius
26-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Scotland would be mad to appoint Lennon. A number of Rangers fans would find it very difficult to support Scotland with him in charge.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Scotland would be mad to appoint Lennon. A number of Rangers fans would find it very difficult to support Scotland with him in charge.

No change from the norm there then.

Wait till we play Israel....

LancsHibs
26-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Rogers is a 🛎🔚 of the highest order, is a poor football manager hiding at Celtic and best ignored. I hope the fans going tomorrow let him know what we think of him

LancsHibs
26-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Serious question. Is there a large % of rangers fans in the tartan army? I would have thought the pro Scotland anti union sentiment displayed at Scotland games would make it difficult for them to support the national team in great numbers anyway?

hibs#1
26-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Serious question. Is there a large % of rangers fans in the tartan army? I would have thought the pro Scotland anti union sentiment displayed at Scotland games would make it difficult for them to support the national team in great numbers anyway?

Probably not. But they would still release a statement,protest,make death threats etc etc. Just because it would be an affront to them to have a 'fenian'in charge of the national team.especially if it was Lennon.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Surely that makes HIM the perfect fit for the Scotland job. :hmmm:I'm sure the job profile said something about only highly polished mahogany faced sycophants need apply so he's got to be in with a shout.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
26-01-2018, 05:32 PM

Dick

Sir David Gray
26-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Dick

Excuse me? :confused:

SteveHFC
26-01-2018, 10:05 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2148182/neil-lennon-hibs-sfa-scotland-job-celtic-gordon-strachan/

Jim44
26-01-2018, 10:21 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2148182/neil-lennon-hibs-sfa-scotland-job-celtic-gordon-strachan/

This whole thing might be a load of tosh, but it appears his head has been turned a bit and this doesn’t fit well with his and the players’ frame of mind with the big game coming up. Is it a coincidence that the flames are being fanned by Celtic folk?

RossScott1991
26-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Said many times this season to my mates, lennon will leave at end of the season and Stubbs/Doolan will be back in charge. Just my prediction

Tornadoes70
26-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Excuse me? :confused:

Think he was agreeing with you and insulting Rodgers.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

bingo70
26-01-2018, 10:49 PM
He’s said a few times he’s too young for the Job and he sees it as a role for an older manager, those quotes in the sunnatr pretty damning though so it sounds like he’s maybe changed his mind.

To get round his unpopularity with half of the country he’d probably just appoint McCoist or someone else rangers minded to the coaching staff.

FWIW I think he’d be the perfect fit for the job and a great appointment for the exact same reasons Rodgers gave.

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 10:50 PM
He wants out. The posters saying Lennon is the best manager ever etc are disgraces. He couldn't care less about Hibernian. He really couldn't.

The_Horde
26-01-2018, 10:53 PM
He’s said a few times he’s too young for the Job and he sees it as a role for an older manager, those quotes in the sunnatr pretty damning though so it sounds like he’s maybe changed his mind.

To get round his unpopularity with half of the country he’d probably just appoint McCoist or someone else rangers minded to the coaching staff.

FWIW I think he’d be the perfect fit for the job and a great appointment for the exact same reasons Rodgers gave.

If you watch the interview on hibs tv it's not quite the "please approach me now" the papers have made it out as.

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Said many times this season to my mates, lennon will leave at end of the season and Stubbs/Doolan will be back in charge. Just my prediction

Offer John Doolan what he wants. He won't try to sign Emile Heskey.

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2018, 10:54 PM
If you watch the interview on hibs tv it's not quite the "please approach me now" the papers have made it out as.

Exactly this. Complete non story.

To suggest that he wants out is nonsense. He can walk away any time he wants.

Firestarter
26-01-2018, 10:57 PM

Brendan Rodgers is his mate. It's being played out for a reason. A very well respected and established poster on her (not me I'm irrelevant) said last week this whole thing won't end well. Neil Lennon I'll say it will be gone by June at the latest and I'm willing to bet anyone £100 into Leithlinks it's the case.

Tornadoes70
26-01-2018, 11:01 PM

Fake news stoking up negativity regarding our club from a largely Jabba controlled Scottish media that stinks like a hunyam piggery. Who'd have thunk it eh?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2018, 11:06 PM

Exactly. Anyone who has watched his interview on Hibs TV would not interpret that as him saying that he wants the Scotland job.

Pete
26-01-2018, 11:08 PM
He wants out. The posters saying Lennon is the best manager ever etc are disgraces. He couldn't care less about Hibernian. He really couldn't.

Starting fires again?

😉

Weir07
26-01-2018, 11:48 PM

That same thought crossed my mind, didn't pay much attention to McNamara but when Rodgers came out with his statement backing Lennon for the Scotland job, it must have been with Lennon's knowledge, he didn't exactly extinguish the possibility in his BBC interview, quote below.

"If an approach comes, and it's a huge if, then we will deal with it accordingly but until then there's no further comment," the Hibs boss added.

"It's very flattering from someone of Brendan's stature in the game and I appreciate the sentiment, but I am the Hibs manager."

Heisenberg
26-01-2018, 11:57 PM

Hibs fans supporting their manager...well I for one am outraged.

Zazu62
27-01-2018, 12:00 AM

That’s a belter of post.

SideBurns
27-01-2018, 12:08 AM

Couldn't care less about Hibs to the extent that: we won the league last season, had our most comprehensive win over Hearts in years, reached the SC semi-final; and then this season: beat Rangers at Ibrox, drawn twice with Celtic, beat Hearts again, reached the League Cup semi-final, has us 4th in the league (5 points off 2nd place). He sticks up for the club on every occasion it is necessary.

If he leaves Hibs for the Scotland job then so be it, but don't pretend he disnae give a fiddler's fart about us while he's here just because it suits your very obvious agenda against Lennon. In any event, you'll be delighted if he leaves. Let's see what happens.

Callum_62
27-01-2018, 12:11 AM

here fishy fishy fishy

snooky
27-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Brendan Rodgers is his mate. It's being played out for a reason. A very well respected and established poster on her (not me I'm irrelevant) said last week this whole thing won't end well. Neil Lennon I'll say it will be gone by June at the latest and I'm willing to bet anyone £100 into Leithlinks it's the case.

The £100 bet has got me thinking it's something you're relatively confident about. I've certainly never picked up any vibes that suggests to me he "wants out" as you put it. In fact I would say it's the opposite. I thought Neil was happy here.
He's obviously ticked of with the events in Portugal and his trip to the Celtc gig was, let's say, unfortunately timed.
If it's true that there's something going on backstage that us punters are unaware of, it comes as a surprise to me and it's very disappointing.

Bottom line, if Lennon doesn't want to be here, it's better for all that he goes. The same applies to anyone at ER - player, manager, director or otherwise. They've all come and gone in the past and Hibs are still here. Who knows what's round the corner, it might be the birth of a new dynasty. :cool2:
Time will tell.

Callum_62
27-01-2018, 12:20 AM
The £100 bet has got me thinking it's something you're relatively confident about. I've certainly never picked up any vibes that suggests to me he "wants out" as you put it. In fact I would say it's the opposite. I thought Neil was happy here.
He's obviously ticked of with the events in Portugal and his trip to the Celtc gig was, let's say, unfortunately timed.
If it's true that there's something going on backstage that us punters are unaware of, it comes as a surprise to me and it's very disappointing.

Bottom line, if Lennon doesn't want to be here, it's better for all that he goes. The same applies to anyone at ER - player, manager, director or otherwise. They've all come and gone in the past and Hibs are still here. Who knows what's round the corner, it might be the birth of a new dynasty. :cool2:
Time will tell.

didnt he just sign a new deal a very short while ago?

Doesnt ever give any impression that he wants out. Obviously there are bigger, better jobs out there than us....and if he gets one of them, then its only because he has done a bloody good job

SideBurns
27-01-2018, 12:30 AM

Doesnt ever give any impression that he wants out. Obviously there are bigger, better jobs out there than us....and if he gets one of them, then its only because he has done a bloody good job

Aye. If he leaves Hibs for pastures new then he's no different to McLeish, Mowbray or Stubbs in that respect.

snooky
27-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Aye. If he leaves Hibs for pastures new then he's no different to McLeish, Mowbray or Stubbs in that respect.

One things for sure, as a manager, you either leave because you're good or you get sacked because you're not. Either way, every manager - past, present and future - will only be with us for a spell.

murray26
27-01-2018, 12:42 AM
One things for sure, as a manager, you either leave because you're good or you get sacked because you're not. Either way, every manager - past, present and future - will only be with us for a spell.

Good post.. for the record I think Lennon is one of the best managers we’ve had in a while and that’s from someone who wasn’t to thrilled when we hired him.. definitely won me over and we’re lucky to have him.

we are hibs
27-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Not bothered if he goes.

Johnny_Leith
27-01-2018, 04:05 AM
From a Scotland perspective, he knows our game, our players and would command respect from the squad. I also think he'd be proactive in blooding some much needed youth, and we have an exciting crop coming through.

From a Hibs perspective, I'm very happy with Lennon as our manager and I don't want that to change any time soon, and don't believe it will.

Rodgers is touting Lennon primarily because he wants an ally in the Scotland position.

truehibernian
27-01-2018, 04:26 AM
Not bothered if he goes.

First time in his tenure I've heard Lennon even court the idea which in itself annoyed me.

Stubbs would be immediately be welcomed back into the fold if he did move on to the national job - 100% - dare I say many of the players would welcome that too.

I really like Neil Lennon and personally would be really disappointed if he thought that the Scotland job was for him. Can think of many reasons it's not, mostly reasons relating to The Rangers and SFA backroom staff - think it would be a real poisoned chalice, dare I say worse than the Celtic job.

I'm baffled how the media have suddenly latched onto the fact he may be interested given he distanced himself last week.............maybe worth looking at a link to the SFA and Hibs in a media sense...........The Scottish Sun now running with it...............just saying :cb

It stinks :aok:

Onion
27-01-2018, 04:52 AM
Whether Lennon's interested in the job or not, this is just the latest negative / corrosive story the MSM is developing about Hibs. They are on a mission to unravel this Hibs bubble and restore the "natural order" of Yam / Hun domination.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 05:06 AM
Whether Lennon's interested in the job or not, this is just the latest negative / corrosive story the MSM is developing about Hibs. They are on a mission to unravel this Hibs bubble and restore the "natural order" of Yam / Hun domination.

adhibs
27-01-2018, 05:08 AM

You mustve been raging on Wednesday.

Your one man hate campaign against the manager is whats a disgrace.

FilipinoHibs
27-01-2018, 05:11 AM
First time in his tenure I've heard Lennon even court the idea which in itself annoyed me.

Stubbs would be immediately be welcomed back into the fold if he did move on to the national job - 100% - dare I say many of the players would welcome that too.

I really like Neil Lennon and personally would be really disappointed if he thought that the Scotland job was for him. Can think of many reasons it's not, mostly reasons relating to The Rangers and SFA backroom staff - think it would be a real poisoned chalice, dare I say worse than the Celtic job.

I'm baffled how the media have suddenly latched onto the fact he may be interested given he distanced himself last week.............maybe worth looking at a link to the SFA and Hibs in a media sense...........The Scottish Sun now running with it...............just saying :cb

It stinks :aok:

Think this era is over. Clearly looking for next up move. Who is going to sign for us with this uncertainty around the manager. Players will want to go to or maybe not. Stubbs and To plan can hold the ship and club together.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 05:39 AM
Daily record articles on this contadicting each other.
Don’t click thru to that other “paper” so if direct quotes from Lennon (I’d be surprised on the eve of a big game)

Clear to see that on the days running up to a match against Celtic that good old SMSM are doing their finest. Prior to the Hearts thumping, Brendan’s thorn in the side was Hibs he hadn’t the beating of us in the league. It’s interesting therefore to se him joining the calls.

Edit: well looks from the comments in The Scotsman he’s left things open so media will speculate. Foolish to get drawn - contrast with Clarke who played it with a short straight bat.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Hibs fans supporting their manager...well I for one am outraged.

Makes you wonder.

heretoday
27-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Lennon strikes me as a guy who likes to be involved every day in football i.e. a club boss. Sitting in the stand watching other mens' teams wouldn't suit him. I could be wrong!

Scooter
27-01-2018, 06:18 AM
There's no smoke without fire.

I think there's something in it

bingo70
27-01-2018, 06:23 AM

On a football forum there’s plenty smoke without fire.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 06:35 AM
On a football forum there’s plenty smoke without fire.

We even have a resident (twisted?) Firestarter :)

Scooter
27-01-2018, 06:35 AM

Judge-Judy
27-01-2018, 06:48 AM

I think Lennon is in the media way too often for all the wrong reasons. It should be about Hibs and the players. I've never known a manager of Hibs to be in the media so much and I don't think it's doing us any favours.

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Don’t make you’re mind up by reading the quotes in the papers, watch the video of his press conference.

The words may be the same but context and the way he talks tell a different story.

Absolutely zero chance that he will be the next Scotland manager.

JimBHibees
27-01-2018, 08:47 AM

You seem to have a bizarre hatred for our manager, wonder why that is.

JimBHibees
27-01-2018, 08:48 AM

Yes saw it was met with bemusement by Neil.

SirDavidsNapper
27-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Rodgers trying to unsettle Hibs before playing us as he knows we've given them a fright. Nothing to see here really.

JimBHibees
27-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Totally agree yet another thing jumped on by same people. Bizarre.

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 08:51 AM

Come on Fire...count to ten before you post stuff like this...you go from my favourite poster to madman in minutes [emoji3][emoji106]

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-01-2018, 09:22 AM
The amount of people on this forum or in other forms of social media, ready and waiting to stick the boot in to hibs and our manager is a ****ing disgrace imo. It's been doomsday since last Sunday. Can we really not handle losing to hearts?

We are sitting 4th. FOURTH in the top flight after we tried and failed TWICE to get out the championship. Our manager had us on an unbeaten run earlier in the season where folk were saying we'd be challenging for 2nd. We've hit a bit of a blip and it's life jacket on cause we're in for some choppy water ala the period between 2008-2013. It's ****ing embarrassing. The way some hibs fans **** their pants at the mere thought of everything not being perfect. One minute some fans think we're running this city the next their back to wetting the bed and thinking hearts are gonna destroy us.

Some people will never take to our manager yet absolutely adore the fact that Griffiths plays for the best team in the country and loves us. Double standards to me that.

The job Lennon has done to date has been excellent. Job done last season but reaching the league cup semi, unbeaten vs hearts in the league and unbeaten in glasgow in the league is exactly why I want the man to remain our manager for as long as possible

bigwheel
27-01-2018, 09:25 AM
The amount of people on this forum or in other forms of social media, ready and waiting to stick the boot in to hibs and our manager is a ****ing disgrace imo. It's been doomsday since last Sunday. Can we really not handle losing to hearts?

We are sitting 4th. FOURTH in the top flight after we tried and failed TWICE to get out the championship. Our manager had us on an unbeaten run earlier in the season where folk were saying we'd be challenging for 2nd. We've hit a bit of a blip and it's life jacket on cause we're in for some choppy water ala the period between 2008-2013. It's ****ing embarrassing. The way some hibs fans **** their pants at the mere thought of everything not being perfect. One minute some fans think we're running this city the next their back to wetting the bed and thinking hearts are gonna destroy us.

Some people will never take to our manager yet absolutely adore the fact that Griffiths plays for the best team in the country and loves us. Double standards to me that.

The job Lennon has done to date has been excellent. Job done last season but reaching the league cup semi, unbeaten vs hearts in the league and unbeaten in glasgow in the league is exactly why I want the man to remain our manager for as long as possible

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106]

JimBHibees
27-01-2018, 09:27 AM

Totally agree. :not worth

SideBurns
27-01-2018, 09:32 AM

100%. Some Hibbies (thankfully a minority, I'm sure) will never accept the man, and any praise will be afforded grudgingly.

147lothian
27-01-2018, 09:40 AM

What a good post!

Allant1981
27-01-2018, 09:49 AM

you really are getting boring now

Ronniekirk
27-01-2018, 10:01 AM
He hasn't categorically ruled it out the way Steve Clarke has but he made it clear he is happy at Hibs and still has work to do here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Horde
27-01-2018, 10:08 AM

The truth in this is unbelievable. It's amazing though, when hearts are bumping creditors left right and centre and going through it all it was all 'poor hearts' similar scenario with the sticky buns but as soon as there's a sniff of a crisis at hibs the media are on it and pouring petrol on the flames.

The Green Goblin
27-01-2018, 10:12 AM

He did, yes, which surely means Hibs can demand significant compensation if NL wants to go.

Sioux
27-01-2018, 10:15 AM
The truth in this is unbelievable. It's amazing though, when hearts are bumping creditors left right and centre and going through it all it was all 'poor hearts' similar scenario with the sticky buns but as soon as there's a sniff of a crisis at hibs the media are on it and pouring petrol on the flames.

And too many of the 'hard of thinking' brigade on here.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 10:18 AM
You mustve been raging on Wednesday.

Your one man hate campaign against the manager is whats a disgrace.

I was delighted on Wednesday to be honest.

Hate campaign aye? I don't hate anyone. I don't rate our uncommitted manager though.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Come on Fire...count to ten before you post stuff like this...you go from my favourite poster to madman in minutes [emoji3][emoji106]

Fair point. I do think he cares on reflection. I don't think he rates the job as highly as he would elsewhere though. I'm also sticking to what I believe is he wants out. My £100 offer still stands too. In fact, no need for a bet, I'll give £100 directly to Suzy if Neil Lennon is still our manager at the end of the World Cup in the summer. If I don't I will ask or request just now to be removed from this board. Win win for some.

JimboHibs
27-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Fair point. I do think he cares on reflection. I don't think he rates the job as highly as he would elsewhere though. I'm also sticking to what I believe is he wants out. My £100 offer still stands too. In fact, no need for a bet, I'll give £100 directly to Suzy if Neil Lennon is still our manager at the end of the World Cup in the summer. If I don't I will ask or request just now to be removed from this board. Win win for some.

Why would you ask to be removed from .Net LOL

It aint real life....

IGRIGI
27-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Can never understand the desperation of some to boot out Lennon and get Stubbs back in.

4th in the SPFL or 3rd behind Falkirk in the Championship?

'kin mental.

Tornadoes70
27-01-2018, 10:45 AM
This thread is fast becoming yet another negatory stick for some to beat our club with. Some of the comments are pathetic.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

147lothian
27-01-2018, 10:45 AM

yawn!

DarlingtonHibee
27-01-2018, 10:50 AM

Hate campaign aye? I don't hate anyone. I don't rate our uncommitted manager though.

I spoke to him at the AGM, he is happy at Hibs, he will move on eventually, but he has put a bit of steel in the team. Why not get behind the manager?

SirDavidsNapper
27-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Can never understand the desperation of some to boot out Lennon and get Stubbs back in.

4th in the SPFL or 3rd behind Falkirk in the Championship?

'kin mental.

This. Don't want another Stubbs v Lennon debate but im happy where we are. 5 points off 2nd in our first season back is good going.

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 11:10 AM
I think Lennon is in the media way too often for all the wrong reasons. It should be about Hibs and the players. I've never known a manager of Hibs to be in the media so much and I don't think it's doing us any favours.

Perhaps you think he should spend more time at home polishing the Rover?

BullsCloseHibs
27-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Neil Lennon would be utterly mad, to accept the post of Scotland manager.

He'd feel the same wrath & poison from the various factions who don't like him because of his background :agree:

I don't think there are many Rangers fans who attend national games but there are some and there are many Hearts ones and others who would just love to stick the boot in when things go bad :agree:

You'd be mad to move Neil. Honestly.

Stay where you are loved and wanted :agree::not worth:not worth:not worth:flag:

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 11:14 AM

You really are an actual disgrace. If you had any class at all you would apologise.

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2018, 11:15 AM

Hate campaign aye? I don't hate anyone. I don't rate our uncommitted manager though.Why would an uncommitted manager sign a new contract?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 11:17 AM
This is thread is honking. It stinks maroon. Just speculative negative pi5h backed up by eff all. Gutter rags write crap and then credulous .netters (or worse) pick it up and repeat it.

Absolutely reeking of Yams as are some other threads.

If I was an admin prick I'd close this one in a heartbeat.

JimBHibees
27-01-2018, 11:28 AM
This is thread is honking. It stinks maroon. Just speculative negative pi5h backed up by eff all. Gutter rags write crap and then credulous .netters (or worse) pick it up and repeat it.

Totally agree absolutely honking.

Ronniekirk
27-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Why would an uncommitted manager sign a new contract?

He is re building his reputation and found a City he can stay in thats away from the Sectarian nonsense of Glasgow
He knew he was coming to a Club on the up and suspect he has been pleasantly surprised by the Crowds we are currently attracting
He has the backing of the Board

So it was a. no brainer to sign a new contract snd get more money in the process

I have no idea what clauses are in his contract but i would be disappointed if he was offered the Scotland job and took it at this juncture
I assumed he would still be here till the end of the Season and think that will be the case
If he keeps us fourth i think he will be wanted elsewhere and he will be ambitious so it wouldn't be a surprise if he moved on then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRHibs
27-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Why would you ask to be removed from .Net LOL

It aint real life....

Is removing yourself from real life a standard reaction to losing a bet?

bingo70
27-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Why would an uncommitted manager sign a new contract?

Not saying I agree with the poster you’ve quoted but the simple answer to your question is money.

bingo70
27-01-2018, 11:36 AM

Just watched the interview and not sure I’m as convinced as you are.

I don’t think Scotland will approach him though, he’s too unpopular a figure.

--------
27-01-2018, 11:39 AM

I'm beginning to think there are more yams registered on this forum than genuine Hibees.

I'm all in favour of free speech, but there are a lot of posts on this thread (and many others) that should be removed.

Posters as well.

There'd be a lot to be said for a Night of the Long Knives ....

Threads like this do absolutely nothing to support or benefit the team or the club.

JimBHibees
27-01-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm beginning to think there are more yams registered on this forum than genuine Hibees.

I'm all in favour of free speech, but there are a lot of posts on this thread (and many others) that should be removed.

Posters as well.

Threads like this do absolutely nothing to support or benefit the team or the club.

Agree very good win during the week yet some determined to jump on anything remotely negative.

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Not saying I agree with the poster you’ve quoted but the simple answer to your question is money.My point, of course [emoji16], is that signing a new contract is commitment in itself.

Sioux
27-01-2018, 11:48 AM

Posters as well.

Spot on. This place used to different to the hertz mob's slavers. Now it's on a par and getting worse by the day. Far too many saddos that won't be heard in real society, but think they are the top of the food chain on an anonymous platform.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 11:51 AM
here fishy fishy fishy

The fishers of the internet must be hilarious in real life - channeling the ghost of Jeremy Beadle.

flash
27-01-2018, 11:53 AM
I don’t think Scotland will approach him though, he’s too unpopular a figure.

Particularly on here sadly.

Eaststand
27-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Posters as well.

Agreed Doddie.
Some of the attention seeking garbage posted in the last week is unbelievable.
The same 3 or 4 posters regularly write snidey wee digs at our Club, our Players, Manager, Rod, Leanne etc etc. Surely there has to be some level of sensible post acceptance ?

GGTTH

FilipinoHibs
27-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Agreed Doddie.
Some of the attention seeking garbage posted in the last week is unbelievable.
The same 3 or 4 posters regularly write snidey wee digs at our Club, our Players, Manager, Rod, Leanne etc etc. Surely there has to be some level of sensible post acceptance ?

GGTTH

Yes and we could rename it to North Korean Hibs Net.

green day
27-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Richard Gordon just said he thought NL would make a great Scotland manager, but;

He didnt think it was the right time in NL career / he was too young - so it wouldnt happen

Also, noted that any of the "negative stuff" against NL being Scotland manager should be totally ignored.

Very sensible stuff from RG - perhaps worth noting in no way was he "touting" NL for the role.

bingo70
27-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Richard Gordon just said he thought NL would make a great Scotland manager, but;

He didnt think it was the right time in NL career / he was too young - so it wouldnt happen

Also, noted that any of the "negative stuff" against NL being Scotland manager should be totally ignored.

Very sensible stuff from RG - perhaps worth noting in no way was he "touting" NL for the role.

Yeah I heard that too.

Thought RG came across very sensible and presented a decent case for him getting the job. Hope none of the bigwigs at the SFA were listening.

OsloHibs
27-01-2018, 12:20 PM

My thinking too.

FilipinoHibs
27-01-2018, 12:23 PM
My thinking too.

Lennon has thrown his hat in the ring. Fact.

andybev1
27-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Totally agree, what and who does this thread serve.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Ah the secret of great comedy.

green day
27-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Yeah I heard that too.

Thought RG came across very sensible and presented a decent case for him getting the job. Hope none of the bigwigs at the SFA were listening.

Too busy munching prawn sannies.

I dont think there is an earthly of Lennon being asked.

It would be a sensible move by the SFA, but after the Michael ONeill fiasco I think they wont say diddly squat until they have a man in place.

And that man will probably be Malky Mackay as he wont say no !!

Iggy Pope
27-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Yeah I heard that too.

Wonder if he'd be so decent if it was McInnes being touted for the Scotland job by Celtic's head coach?

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Where? When?

I think some people get confused about what theyr'e hearing and thinking while they're polishing their Rovers.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Get your hard hat ready.

green day
27-01-2018, 01:32 PM
He said he hasn't, and it's all hypothetical.

Fact.....

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 01:32 PM
You really are an actual disgrace. If you had any class at all you would apologise.

I'll apologise when you do for calling me a disgrace for my opinion I already stated was ott, Neil. Enjoy your day in paradise today. Pop into a few clubs afterwards 👍

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Car crash in slow mo.
If folks throw out a line tho...

stantonhibby
27-01-2018, 01:52 PM
I'll apologise when you do for calling me a disgrace for my opinion I already stated was ott, Neil. Enjoy your day in paradise today. Pop into a few clubs afterwards 👍

Bore off

greenpaper55
27-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Lennon just said the headlines are misleading and he is happy at Hibs.

Hi Heid Yin
27-01-2018, 03:00 PM

:top marks

Hi Heid Yin
27-01-2018, 03:01 PM

Posters as well.

:top marks

Famous Fiver
27-01-2018, 03:10 PM
I think his Celtic connections will stop the SFA from offering him the job.

I think his appointment would be seen as potentially controversial and this is something the SFA will want to avoid.

Just my opinion, fwiw.

One Day Soon
27-01-2018, 03:27 PM

How's Edinburgh's wee stadium today?

Beefster
27-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Best ignored tbh.

I sometimes think some of these cretins are Hearts fans but I think it’s just more likely to be a symptom of the ‘look at me, look at me’ nature of the internet nowadays. Any public forum, be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Hibs.net, has a sizeable proportion whose only aim is to get some sort of attention, however transient.

ancient hibee
27-01-2018, 04:08 PM
I think his Celtic connections will stop the SFA from offering him the job.

I think his appointment would be seen as potentially controversial and this is something the SFA will want to avoid.

Just my opinion, fwiw.
Didn’t stop them appointing Jock Stein or Gordon Strachan or Malky McKay.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:02 PM
How's Edinburgh's wee stadium today?

I would guess a tip, the same as every other day of the week. You going midweek? Would be good to put a face to a name 👍 I'll be in the west with my wee one.

Firestarter
27-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Best ignored tbh.

I sometimes think some of these cretins are Hearts fans but I think it’s just more likely to be a symptom of the ‘look at me, look at me’ nature of the internet nowadays. Any public forum, be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Hibs.net, has a sizeable proportion whose only aim is to get some sort of attention, however transient.
Or perhaps they just have a difference of opinion. Cretins. Classy.

SideBurns
27-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Didn’t stop them appointing Jock Stein or Gordon Strachan or Malky McKay.

True Ancient, but none of the aforementioned are/were Irish Catholics who have been attacked, or been sent bombs and bullets through the post, by Huns and their sugar-free cousins.

jacomo
28-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Disappointing if you ask me. Lenny could have shut this down but is letting it run.

Paisley Hibby
28-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Jings, this thread is hysterical.

I think the SFA will appoint Scot Gemmill as the next manager. No inside info, just my opinion after reading a good piece in today's Sunday Times (no doubt fed to them). It points out that Gemmill would be following the same route to the job that Craig Brown and Andy Roxburgh took. The SFA would also not need to find cash for compensation.

So FWIW, I hope Neil Lennon stays with us, we're lucky to have him. But if he is wanting to move I'd imagine it'd be to a much better job than the Scotland manager. If he's been deliberately ambiguous in his public response to the Scotland job speculation I'd bet that's about a different agenda altogether.

bingo70
28-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Sky sports scotland reporting SFA keen on promoting Scott Gemmil to the managers position.

Seems to have done a really good job with the younger sides and remember reading a really impressive interview with him when he was linked with the hibs job (not that that means anything right enough). Wouldn’t have been my first pick but I’d much rather have him than someone like Lambert, Moyes or McLeish.

Albanian Hibs
28-01-2018, 05:10 PM

How are you still getting away with posting this ***** on here?

Iggy Pope
28-01-2018, 05:14 PM
I would guess a tip, the same as every other day of the week. You going midweek? Would be good to put a face to a name 👍 I'll be in the west with my wee one.

Poor Mrs Firestarter.

LustForLeith
28-01-2018, 06:17 PM
So is it true Gemmills first name is actually Scotland or is it a wind up on Wikipedia?

Nakedmanoncrack
28-01-2018, 06:33 PM
So is it true Gemmills first name is actually Scotland or is it a wind up on Wikipedia?

It's true.

bingo70
28-01-2018, 06:37 PM

You follow mcbookie on twitter as well then?!

If Gemmil genuinely has a lot of support within the SFA why wasn’t he given the caretaker job instead of Malky Mackay?

overdrive
28-01-2018, 07:22 PM

If Gemmil genuinely has a lot of support within the SFA why wasn’t he given the caretaker job instead of Malky Mackay?

Probably because Mackay is his boss and was more experienced. I don’t think Mackay wants the job permanently.

ancient hibee
28-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Perhaps Gemmill was involved with one of his own teams?

angus hibby
28-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Let’s be honest, Lennon isn’t liked in Scotland. Only Celtic and Hibs fans like him and if we’re being honest, Hibs fans didn’t like him when he played for/managed Celtic. I think it’s too much of a controversial choice for the SFA to appoint him so can’t see it happening.

They’ll go for a “safe pair of hands/non controversial manager”. Steve Clarke would be a good appt.

Haymaker
28-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Gemmil wouldn't be a bad shout, he'd hopefully try bring through the future, build something.

Lago
28-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Gemmil wouldn't be a bad shout, he'd hopefully try bring through the future, build something.
It would get the SFA out of a hole of their own making.

Haymaker
28-01-2018, 09:40 PM
It would get the SFA out of a hole of their own making.

Very true

JK Rolling
28-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Let’s be honest, Lennon isn’t liked in Scotland. Only Celtic and Hibs fans like him and if we’re being honest, Hibs fans didn’t like him when he played for/managed Celtic. I think it’s too much of a controversial choice for the SFA to appoint him so can’t see it happening.

They’ll go for a “safe pair of hands/non controversial manager”. Steve Clarke would be a good appt.

You speak the truth my friend.

I will admit that i wasn't happy when he took over at the helm as I saw him as potentially being very divisive. He is. However, when he's in your corner and fully committed to you then you're really glad he's there.

I think along the same lines as Angus that he would be too controversial an appointment. Also, far too many media types and a sizeable proportion of Scotland fans would idiotically be desperate for him to fail.

It's a poison chalice Neil - Avoid it.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 01:03 AM
How are you still getting away with posting this ***** on here?

Apologies if I've upset you.

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 01:03 AM
Poor Mrs Firestarter.

Far too personal. Poor show.

Lago
29-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Far too personal. Poor show.
Best ignore them:aok:

Springbank
29-01-2018, 12:04 PM
The Scot Gemmill thing brings to mind when Italy were managed by Cesare Maldini, and he had as his captain his son Paolo Maldini.

Maybe if Scot gets the Scotland job he can do things in reverse, and bring back his old man in the attacking mid role...

worcesterhibby
29-01-2018, 12:15 PM
If Gemmill did get the job, it would be similar to England giving the National job to Southgate. Admittedly Southgate had more club management experience, but he would have been nowhere near the job on the basis of his club CV. He was appointed 'from within' because of his record with the England U21's.

WeAreHibs
29-01-2018, 12:37 PM

Time will tell.

Agreed!

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-01-2018, 01:04 PM
If Gemmill did get the job, it would be similar to England giving the National job to Southgate. Admittedly Southgate had more club management experience, but he would have been nowhere near the job on the basis of his club CV. He was appointed 'from within' because of his record with the England U21's.

Didn't GS do a decent enough job with England U21s though? get them to the Euros finals and at least regularly qualifying for latter stages of tournaments?

Our young lads have just lost at home to Ukraine and needed a last minute dodgy pen to scrape a draw vs Latvia (also at HOME).

Very uninspiring

CropleyWasGod
29-01-2018, 06:25 PM
If Gemmill did get the job, it would be similar to England giving the National job to Southgate. Admittedly Southgate had more club management experience, but he would have been nowhere near the job on the basis of his club CV. He was appointed 'from within' because of his record with the England U21's.It's similar to the Roxburgh/Brown situation, where they came through with the players they'd coached.

I thought they did pretty well, perhaps better than they were entitled to expect.

HoboHarry
29-01-2018, 06:28 PM
It's similar to the Roxburgh/Brown situation, where they came through with the players they'd coached.

I thought they did pretty well, perhaps better than they were entitled to expext.

Roxburgh got very little credit but was light years ahead in his thinking. I attended a meeting that he led prior to him becoming national boss and he pretty much predicted the international malaise that Scotland is in now.