PDA

View Full Version : Rherras - hibs play proper football, hearts don’t.

Cletus
23-01-2018, 11:50 PM
“Hearts long ball style didn’t suit me” 😂

https://twitter.com/ccp_sport/status/955945812122656768

23-01-2018, 11:57 PM
Off to a good start before he's kicked a ball.

hibsbollah
23-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Rherras in 'Pub Team' Slur.

California-Hibs
24-01-2018, 12:15 AM
I like em 👍 Rherras knows. Welcome to the good side. Higher up in the table, bigger stadium and as you’ve rightly pointed out sir, by far and away the better fans. I don’t blame the library not being for you.

Firestarter
24-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Feeling the love with him big time. Benji style celebration imminent.

Johnny_Leith
24-01-2018, 12:24 AM
I'm a football purist, I make no apologies about that. I'm happiest watching hibs when we are attempting a swashbuckling, enterprising style of play.

For the most part we attempt that now, it's not quite 2007 vintage but we don't have the same calibre of player unfortunately.

However, we lack the effectiveness of a Craig Levein/Sam allardyce style, where your defensive side of the game is the priority and your side is so well drilled and disciplined that the attacking players freedom to create is essentially sacrificed, the entertainment value is nil.

Hopefully rherras, if given the chance, can contribute both defensively and going forward as we are lacking at RB without SDG/SW.

Unseen work
24-01-2018, 02:02 AM
I’m starting to like him, genuinely seems delighted to be here and with a massive point to prove.

Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too that I like.

Seems quite a big athletic lad so hopefully he can come in and do a good job.

heretoday
24-01-2018, 05:47 AM
Rherras - Hibs legend.........

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2018, 05:50 AM
Aw I hope tbe Hrrtz fans and management don't get upset by his comments.

Not In The Know
24-01-2018, 07:19 AM
What was the reason he left them? Genuine question not a wind up😀

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-01-2018, 07:55 AM
I hope he isnt suggesting that this is the natural order of things...😈

In all seriousness, id rather we just never spoke about them except when we play them.

Stuart93
24-01-2018, 08:15 AM
Was he sitting with his eyes closed at tynecastle the other night 🙄 I didn't see us playing much football.

Mikey09
24-01-2018, 08:54 AM

Going by my jambo friend, she's a season ticket holder, his opinion of the way Levein interfered in the dressing room was a factor, and that Cathro didn't have a clue about very much.

Colr
24-01-2018, 09:09 AM
I'm a football purist, I make no apologies about that. I'm happiest watching hibs when we are attempting a swashbuckling, enterprising style of play.

For the most part we attempt that now, it's not quite 2007 vintage but we don't have the same calibre of player unfortunately.

However, we lack the effectiveness of a Craig Levein/Sam allardyce style, where your defensive side of the game is the priority and your side is so well drilled and disciplined that the attacking players freedom to create is essentially sacrificed, the entertainment value is nil.

Hopefully rherras, if given the chance, can contribute both defensively and going forward as we are lacking at RB without SDG/SW.

Levein’s style is difficult to play against and they take there chances when they get them (and we don’t).

If you can press them deep in line and look after your own defence, it requires some tricky forwards who can get in and make clever moves in the box to disrupt them and make space for others. Delli Ali is very good at this.

Colr
24-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Going by my jambo friend, she's a season ticket holder, his opinion of the way Levein interfered in the dressing room was a factor, and that Cathro didn't have a clue about very much.

So Hearts players get interfered with in the dressing room?

And Beckham had the audacity to complain about “the hairdryer”.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2018, 09:27 AM
We were deservedly beaten by them at the weekend. Best just to keep quiet until we can reverse that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
24-01-2018, 09:37 AM
We were deservedly beaten by them at the weekend. Best just to keep quiet until we can reverse that.

This.

jacomo
24-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Good lad.

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 09:42 AM

You did hear Levein saying Cochrane was a 'handsome young man' at his interview?

Mikey09
24-01-2018, 09:50 AM

:agree:

Tornadoes70
24-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Well said Faycal.

Many would say we beat ourselves with the build up to last weekend against a mediocre yam side.

We're still the better footballing team than that weirdo Potter's. He is a one flaky strange character who is completely obsessed with us.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Hibbyradge
24-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Was he sitting with his eyes closed at tynecastle the other night 🙄 I didn't see us playing much football.

Exactly :boo hoo:

Cat Stanton
24-01-2018, 09:59 AM
“Hearts long ball style didn’t suit me” 😂

https://twitter.com/ccp_sport/status/955945812122656768

in case anyone has problems with the link (as I had), try this:
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/01/23/i-think-they-are-a-better-team-than-hearts-they-try-to-play-football-faycal-rherras-delighted-to-join-hibs/

Souter96Mac
24-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Just seen he's had one cap for Morocco, now our 9th player with a international cap to their name.

lyonhibs
24-01-2018, 11:25 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

Less blah blah blah, more win win win please.

From everyone at Hibs when approached by the press, not just Rherras. No need to mention them, especially as they've just dumped out out the cup.

flash
24-01-2018, 11:40 AM
The boy backs his new club and slates the puddle drinkers. He gets it tight on Kickback but the punters on Hibs.net are happy to hear him get ripped into Hertz.
Well all true except the last bit as that would be too much to ask.

One Day Soon
24-01-2018, 12:57 PM

I'd say he's pretty well qualified to know what kind of football Hearts routinely play, wouldn't you? And that's an entirely different proposition to us in one game against them on their potato field.

If he's glad to have escaped the Pub Team to have gotten to a footballing side who can blame him?

Elephant Stone
24-01-2018, 01:08 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

Less blah blah blah, more win win win please.

From everyone at Hibs when approached by the press, not just Rherras. No need to mention them, especially as they've just dumped out out the cup.

This has got nothing to do with the derby. It's him talking about signing for Hibs and introducing himself to the fans.

Loved every word of it.

Welcome mate :thumbsup:

Diclonius
24-01-2018, 01:13 PM
You can tell we've just lost to Hearts when the paper chat is about how we play better football.

CMurdoch
24-01-2018, 01:19 PM
The last sentence is a bit cringy

One Day Soon
24-01-2018, 01:21 PM
You can tell we've just lost to Hearts when the paper chat is about how we play better football.

We do.

We'd have beaten them in the last league match if either the referee or linesman had been properly up with play to award the goal and we lost on Sunday by one goal in a game we could just as easily have drawn or won.

We are better than them and the league table proves it.

Lancs Harp
24-01-2018, 01:21 PM

He couldn't get used to the oval shaped ball.

LancsHibs
24-01-2018, 02:08 PM
I like this lad already and he hasn’t even kicked a ball yet:greengrin

Diclonius
24-01-2018, 02:43 PM
We do.

We'd have beaten them in the last league match if either the referee or linesman had been properly up with play to award the goal and we lost on Sunday by one goal in a game we could just as easily have drawn or won.

We are better than them and the league table proves it.

Fair enough, but I'd rather our manager and players stop talking about Hearts until the next game we play against them. They're not our focus any more.

Firestarter
24-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Fair enough, but I'd rather our manager and players stop talking about Hearts until the next game we play against them. They're not our focus any more.

A poor night at the office tonight and they will be a concern alright.

lyonhibs
24-01-2018, 03:41 PM
This has got nothing to do with the derby. It's him talking about signing for Hibs and introducing himself to the fans.

Loved every word of it.

Welcome mate :thumbsup:

The timing of it I mean.

I know the interview was about Rherras signing for Hibs etc but a wee bit of savvy would have determined that saying that we play better football than them a couple of days after we turned in an abysmal performance and got dumped out the cup by them isn't particularly clever.

Jim44
24-01-2018, 06:03 PM
The timing of it I mean.

I know the interview was about Rherras signing for Hibs etc but a wee bit of savvy would have determined that saying that we play better football than them a couple of days after we turned in an abysmal performance and got dumped out the cup by them isn't particularly clever.

:agree: Let’s face it though, very few players, joining a new club, make significant or well considered statements. At least, I haven’t heard him refer to us as a ‘massive’ club. :rolleyes: