PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Police start another witch hunt against Hibs fans.

silverhibee
23-01-2018, 09:36 PM
In the Sun but can't post a link, but some bad Hibs fans let off some flares and fireworks as they walked to the ground and the polis are blaming Since 1875 for the 2nd crime of the century regarding Hibs fans.

My first thought was where is the outcry from when this happens through in Glasgow when the 2 horrible clubs from the West get together.

CallumLaidlaw
23-01-2018, 09:43 PM
In the Sun but can't post a link, but some bad Hibs fans let off some flares and fireworks as they walked to the ground and the polis are blaming Since 1875 for the 2nd crime of the century regarding Hibs fans.

My first thought was where is the outcry from when this happens through in Glasgow when the 2 horrible clubs from the West get together.

In fairness there was a dozen or so coppers present throughout and done nothing but watch on. Through walking behind the match, they were only interested in making sure folk weren’t carrying glass bottles and weren’t starting out onto the other side of the road. Seemed sensible policing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stantons Angel
23-01-2018, 09:50 PM

This last wee while the Glasgow based media has been so anti Hibs its been a bit hard to take really.

They try to make such an issue out of the least wee thing connected with us, i just wonder what this is all leading up too.

The Sun and the Record especially are always showing the least wee thing they can scrape up to get people to read their papers.

The idiots with the flares in a confined space such as a tunnel showed little regard for safety or for the ban on such pyrotechnics. So its obviously going to be picked up and added to by the media and Hibs will be reprimanded not them.

Just wish Rangers and Celtic had their share of bad press through there!

Rattler
23-01-2018, 10:08 PM

In both the Sun and Record, both with the same YouTube or Twitter footage of the corteo under the bridge.

Think it’s just a matter of time before a knock on the door for the main boy with the flare. Some good still photos are in existence I’m lead to believe.

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 10:11 PM
The police won't be happy until there's 0 atmosphere at football games. They want fans to leave their house, go straight to the stadium, sit in their seats, leave at full time & go straight back home again. Up them.

we are hibs
23-01-2018, 10:13 PM
This last wee while the Glasgow based media has been so anti Hibs its been a bit hard to take really.

They try to make such an issue out of the least wee thing connected with us, i just wonder what this is all leading up too.

The Sun and the Record especially are always showing the least wee thing they can scrape up to get people to read their papers.

The idiots with the flares in a confined space such as a tunnel showed little regard for safety or for the ban on such pyrotechnics. So its obviously going to be picked up and added to by the media and Hibs will be reprimanded not them.

nah, hibs would rather invite a paper who spouted slanderous lies about their own fans into the training centre for a wee day out :rolleyes:

HTD1875
23-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Funny that Celtic do a similar corteo at some of their home games, never seen this outcry before.

K.Marx
23-01-2018, 10:16 PM

Is setting off pyrotechnics in public even illegal?

Rattler
23-01-2018, 10:17 PM
The police won't be happy until there's 0 atmosphere at football games. They want fans to leave their house, go straight to the stadium, sit in their seats, leave at full time & go straight back home again. Up them.

Really?

I would say that they were pretty lenient on Sunday and didn’t get involved unless required.

I’d also say that the safety of the public and supporters is a primary concern and is what they are paid to do.

I’m all for the corteo with regards to noise and atmosphere but maybe just a wee bit more common sense wouldn’t go amiss...not that they weren’t warned about the consequences of pyrotechnics 🙄

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Really?

I would say that they were pretty lenient on Sunday and didn’t get involved unless required.

I’d also say that the safety of the public and supporters is a primary concern and is what they are paid to do.

I’m all for the corteo with regards to noise and atmosphere but maybe just a wee bit more common sense wouldn’t go amiss...not that they weren’t warned about the consequences of pyrotechnics 🙄

As someone's said above Celtic fans do this before nearly every Celtic home game, pyro the lot yet absolutely nothing gets said about it, nothing in the media, nothing from the police. But a different story when it's us?

snooky
23-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Funny that Celtic do a similar corteo at some of their home games, never seen this outcry before.

I saw Celtc fans throw a flare at the top of ER one game. Cops watching and did nothing.
Daily Record obviously not interested as it was just the norm for them however, when ..... :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
23-01-2018, 10:22 PM
I followed the march, I thought the police looked quite relaxed and in good banter with the lads.

Rattler

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q625.htm

MyJo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VSHn57V_c

How many headlines did this generate?

Hermit Crab
23-01-2018, 10:25 PM

I would say no as you're allowed to set off fireworks...

23-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Still bitter at our support since the cup final.

hibsboy69
23-01-2018, 10:29 PM
I followed the march, I thought the police looked quite relaxed and in good banter with the lads.

I was in the march and I agree - it was sensibly policed

SouthMoroccoStu
23-01-2018, 10:32 PM
The Daily Ranger has a similar article

Very much along the lines of Helen Lovejoy from The Simpsons

“WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?”

silverhibee
23-01-2018, 10:33 PM

It seems like the press from the West just can't wait to have us on the front pages for the crappiest of things, I doubt it will change either.

Can't quote but your bit about flares and fireworks being banned, only to football fans, why, I see flares getting set of at music festivals indoor concerts marches & demonstrations and it all seems acceptable by the police, but do it near a football ground on match day and possibly get a police record is a joke, this picking on football fans for stupid things and allowing it to happen at other events is a joke.

NadeAteMyLunch!
Police were absolutely brand new on the march. Weegie papers can bolt

wookie70
Police investigate after an offence has been committed shocker!

BegbieHSC
23-01-2018, 10:36 PM
From what I understand, after seeing the video, the RECORD made an enquiry to the Police about what was being done to investigate illegal activities.

Lee Wallace has obviously made it to editorial now.

silverhibee
23-01-2018, 10:37 PM

The papers did run about it, the headline was something like "Green Brigade turn Glasgow green" as if it was a great spectacular thing to see, no mention of witch hunt for the folk letting them off though from the papers.

silverhibee
23-01-2018, 10:39 PM

Only if you are a football supporter attending a game, if not it seems you can set them off where ever you want and the police won't bat a eyelid.

Walter
23-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Get the header of this thread changed. West coast media maybe. Op have a word with yerself.

BegbieHSC
23-01-2018, 10:41 PM
From what I understand, after seeing the video, the RECORD made an enquiry to the Police about what was being done to investigate illegal activities.

Lee Wallace has obviously made it to editorial now.

Incidentally, here is the Record's headline: "NEWS
Watch as Hibs fans let off illegal flares in busy street on way to Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle."

Absolutely ****ing hilarious - the seethe is real!

Stantons Angel
23-01-2018, 10:46 PM
nah, hibs would rather invite a paper who spouted slanderous lies about their own fans into the training centre for a wee day out :rolleyes:

i know what you are trying to say but Hibs were doing the sensible thing in trying to make peace with the glasgow media even although they had no need to IMHO.

this over coverage of all things Hibs only goes some way to creating yet another gulf between club and weegieland! its just typical of the west coast culture.

givescotlandfreedom
23-01-2018, 10:52 PM
I still can't believe we let the Record into East Mains for an exclusive piece. They detest out club. No club in the UK should even acknowledge the S*n IMO.

silverhibee
23-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Get the header of this thread changed. West coast media maybe. Op have a word with yerself.

Are the police investigating? nae problems :aok:

Aim Here
23-01-2018, 11:27 PM

Seems to be. The polis did lift some guy for chucking out a flare at an anti-fascist counterprotest on the Royal Mile last summer.

Jones28
23-01-2018, 11:31 PM
Still bitter at our support since the cup final.
Fishing 🎣

Haymaker
23-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Seems to be. The polis did lift some guy for chucking out a flare at an anti-fascist counterprotest on the Royal Mile last summer.

I guess if you're throwing it at some one then that is an offence?

I was always under the impression that it was the colour of the flare - red smoke is a danger sign for sailors and airmen

calumhibee1
24-01-2018, 12:00 AM
“Watch Liverpool fans spectacular show of support ahead of Europa League clash with Villarreal”

“Anfield and surrounding areas was turned into a sea of red smoke, banners and noise ahead of tonight’s huge match”

Was how the Daily Record described it when Liverpool done it.

Hibs do it and it’s illegal etc. Fannies.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-liverpool-fans-spectacular-show-7906627

Aim Here
24-01-2018, 12:06 AM
I guess if you're throwing it at some one then that is an offence?

I was always under the impression that it was the colour of the flare - red smoke is a danger sign for sailors and airmen
Wasn't the case here. There was a huge pile of empty no man's land between the fascists and us, and the flare was just chucked into the middle of the street with no chance of hitting anybody, if I recall.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2018, 12:13 AM

exactly :agree:

Haymaker
24-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Wasn't the case here. There was a huge pile of empty no man's land between the fascists and us, and the flare was just chucked into the middle of the street with no chance of hitting anybody, if I recall.

Fair enough mate!

matty_f
24-01-2018, 12:51 AM
It's disturbing how readily the police criminalise football fans. We get treated like animals, herded into ****ty wee spaces, told we can't go into certain streets...

I'm not a big fan of the pyro stuff but it's easy to see why folk have them, the video shows a load of Hibs fans in good spirit doing no harm to anyone.

You'd think there was no serious crime for the police to sort out

hibbiedon
24-01-2018, 06:07 AM
I stopped buying the record when Alex Cameron backed the Mercer take over, not that I’m one to bear a grudge lol. Both the sun & record are vile rags that fans of all clubs should stop buying

hibIBZ
24-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Having read the article, I think the Police are more concerned about it being an unplanned march that blocked up streets, held up traffic, etc. Than the use of any pyro. The daily record are desperate to make it seem like mass criminal activity was taking place and were also having a passing shot at the police for standing watching and not dragging people out. For me the policing looks calm and sensible.

Since90+2
24-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Daily Record should be ****ing banned from Easter Road and East Mains , no inviting them in for a exclusive behind the scenes access all areas tour. Whoever allowed that should have a word with themselves.

Wheat Hound
24-01-2018, 09:28 AM
It's disturbing how readily the police criminalise football fans. We get treated like animals, herded into ****ty wee spaces, told we can't go into certain streets...

I'm not a big fan of the pyro stuff but it's easy to see why folk have them, the video shows a load of Hibs fans in good spirit doing no harm to anyone.

You'd think there was no serious crime for the police to sort out

It's the Daily Record that's the problem here not the police.

Elephant Stone
24-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Thousands of fans sing bigoted bile (be it Ibrox or tiny Ibrox): "we would like to thank supporters for their good behaviour during the match"

A group of fans walk to the stadium together and sing football songs: get in jail now.

Ronniekirk
24-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Someone will have complained Police stood by and
Let Hibs fans block the road and let off flares no doubt hence they now have to seem to be doing something about it ,would be my take on it
Probably a jealous Hearts fan

Aldo
24-01-2018, 10:22 AM
The DR ran this made it something that it’s not. Did they run the Celtic one where bottles etc were thrown ..... eh naw!

Carheenlea
24-01-2018, 10:37 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/mljvo2.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2s98toz.jpg

It's actually to be more laughed at rather than get angry about. You would think it's a fanzine style spoof rather than real. I bought 6 newspapers after the 2016 Cup final on the Sunday/Monday, and won't have bought 6 since.

eezyrider
24-01-2018, 10:44 AM

Yes it is:

"It is an offence to:

- throw or cast or fire any firework in or into any highway, street, thoroughfare or public space (this would include throwing or firing from a private place into a public place, street, highway etc);"

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q625.htm

EZ

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:47 AM

It's actually to be more laughed at rather than get angry about. You would think it's a fanzine style spoof rather than real. I bought 6 newspapers after the 2016 Cup final on the Sunday/Monday, and won't have bought 6 since.

That says it all. Joke paper.

Danny_Hibee
Are the police investigating? nae problems :aok:

Don’t believe everything you read, that’s all I would say.

Bostonhibby
It's the Daily Record that's the problem here not the police.Yep, we beat their team in spectacular style in a final and we had a peaceful non old firm style pitch invasion to exuberantly celebrate until all those west of Scotland FC, Scottish Cup supporters and Belfast bellends invaded the pitch.

The only axe police Glasgow have to grind with us is that they all thought they were going to a party at ibrox and some were on their way when they were caught with their pants down when we wiped out Sevco's lead and won the cup.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

matty_f
24-01-2018, 12:30 PM
That says it all. Joke paper.

Reminds me of a joke:

A guys is walking through the park and sees a dog attacking a small child, he rushes over and fights off the dog - saving the child from serious harm.
A passer-by approaches the guy and explains he's a reporter.
"Are you a Rangers fan?" the reporter asks "It's just I can see the headline - Bear Saves Boy".
"No" says the guy.
"How about Celtic - that would be even better 'Bhoy Saves Boy'"
"No".
"Falkirk? Could have 'Bairn Saves Bairn'"
"No, I'm a Hibby."
"Oh" Says the reporter, "I'll have a think, watch out for the Record tomorrow".
The guy gets up the next day and heads to the newsagent. On the front page of the Record is the headline:
"Vile Hibs Fan Savages Family Pet".

Elephant Stone
24-01-2018, 12:46 PM

:faf:

Stokesy's on fire
24-01-2018, 12:46 PM
A waste of tax payers money from those clowns yet again! Bullys