PDA

View Full Version : Is Big Davie staying....

bill_reed
23-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Read that the only reason big Davie was not in the squad for the hearts game was due to him having a knee knock... has big Davie decided to stay and fight for his game time... if so then it says a lot for him rather than just shipping out, think he could be of use in the remain games this season...

Allant1981
23-01-2018, 04:59 PM
pretty sure someone on here said he had a club lined up and was off, strange he is still here if true

Smartie
23-01-2018, 05:16 PM
The last few times he's got on he's done ok, albeit that only consisted of winning the odd header in the latter stages of games.

Souter96Mac
23-01-2018, 05:18 PM
I put a link on the hibs transfer rumour thread that said it seems he is still part of the plans, and was only ruled out due to injury. Weird he's not been given a proper chance, just the odd 5/10 mins here and there.

Diclonius
23-01-2018, 05:18 PM
We could have used the big man on Sunday.

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Very weird just how little he has played.

Must have something about him.

beensaidbefore
23-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Must be worth a start too see what hea all about. Can't be much worse than the last few weeks. Let's hope he has just taken a bit time to adjust...

Pretty Boy
23-01-2018, 06:40 PM
The last few times he's got on he's done ok, albeit that only consisted of winning the odd header in the latter stages of games.

I agree. He played a part in our late equaliser v St Johnstone before the defence conspired to throw it away and he also won a few headers against Kilmarnock.

It's not much but he had 9 and 5 minutes respectively in those matches which isn't much time for any player.

Gmack7
23-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Lets give him a run on wednesday

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 08:47 PM
I feel.a bit sorry for the guy just not had a crack of the whip at all...not 1 single start. Granted he may not be impressing in training or development games but it's just bizarre when Lennon claims to have tracked him for ages when he signed him...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
23-01-2018, 09:09 PM
He's maybe staying cause he will miss slivka to much

jacomo
23-01-2018, 10:01 PM
pretty sure someone on here said he had a club lined up and was off, strange he is still here if true

‘Someone on here’...

Quality sauce like!

Shockingly, not all info posted on Hibs.net is 100% accurate.

Thecat23
23-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Yeah that was me, he did. I’m assuming his injury has meant it’s a no go. Can’t see any other reason why the deal would fall through.

Thecat23
23-01-2018, 10:22 PM
‘Someone on here’...

Quality sauce like!

Shockingly, not all info posted on Hibs.net is 100% accurate.

This was/is true. Ask any of the coaching staff or player himself. Big man and Hibs happy that he was heading out for all parties sake.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Hope not. Massive waste of a wage and terrible signing.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 10:27 PM

He's utter pap. Genuinely have no idea why we signed up. Lennon tracked him for a year too, aye right.

Smartie
23-01-2018, 10:39 PM
He's utter pap. Genuinely have no idea why we signed up. Lennon tracked him for a year too, aye right.

That's what I used to think.

I saw nothing whatsoever in his first few appearances that suggested he knew how to play football.

But he helped us close out the win over Hearts at Easter Road, and the last few times he's got on he's won a few headers, in spite of only getting a few minutes on the pitch.

To begin with he didn't look like he deserved much more of a chance. The last few appearances suggest at least he might be worth a look.

I'm not entirely convinced though.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 10:45 PM
That's what I used to think.

I saw nothing whatsoever in his first few appearances that suggested he knew how to play football.

But he helped us close out the win over Hearts at Easter Road, and the last few times he's got on he's won a few headers, in spite of only getting a few minutes on the pitch.

To begin with he didn't look like he deserved much more of a chance. The last few appearances suggest at least he might be worth a look.

I'm not entirely convinced though.

If he comes good mate I'll be delighted and you can take a bow. Let's hope he has something in that locker if he stays.

shetlandhibee
23-01-2018, 11:13 PM
it could be to do with money,he maybe cant get a team (anywhere) that will give him as much( not that hes one off the high earners( but still be on decent wage)and he wants to stick it out till summer when he,ll get more offers, in the mean time try and get more game time. just a thought?

kaimendhibs
24-01-2018, 01:12 AM
He looked decent when he came on against Motherwell away. Mibbe there is a player lurking in there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2018, 04:57 AM
Maybe give him a start rather than five or ten minutes. Surely must be more to him than we've witnessed so far.

hibbiedon
24-01-2018, 05:02 AM
I have not seen him play enough to decide on him, I would really like to see him on from the start for 3 or 4 games then decide

flash
24-01-2018, 06:13 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if his injury clears up on 1st February.