PDA

View Full Version : has sundays result put you off going 2moro ?

Babyshamble
23-01-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm heading up from fife with a few boys.they need our support.BRING IT ON.GLORY GLORY.

Monktonhall 7
23-01-2018, 04:10 PM
I'm heading up from fife with a few boys.they need our support.BRING IT ON.GLORY GLORY.

If I hadn't already bought tickets, it may have. A good reason for selling tickets 2 weeks before the game!

Mainstandman
23-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Nope I'm an eternal optimist

Sprouleflyer
23-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Not if Stokes is back 😄

Scottie
23-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Not if Stokes is back 😄
The boy will be on fire. Couple of quid on him scoring a double tomorrow night :fire::fire::fire::hyper:wink:

Billy Whizz
23-01-2018, 04:52 PM
No, but it looks like it’s puttting off around 2,500 or so from going

I’m HC’s deputy😎

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Avoiding the score and watching on alba. A very expensive month at the worst time possible. No danger I can justify Dundee 3 days before my first pay in 6 weeks.

frazeHFC
23-01-2018, 04:58 PM
I'm certainly not looking forward to it as much as I was when I bought a ticket. Just hope we turn up as it's a massive game for us!

S4uzee
23-01-2018, 05:04 PM
The toothless derby performance made my decision ... out

greenlex
23-01-2018, 05:08 PM
No

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2018, 05:08 PM
The toothless derby performance made my decision ... out:faf:

Bit of irony right there.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 05:11 PM
I can't understand why any result would affect your attendance at a subsequent game.

I've never got my head around that.

S4uzee
23-01-2018, 05:15 PM
I can't understand why any result would affect your attendance at a subsequent game.

I've never got my head around that.

That performance on Sunday was like watching us at tynecastle years ago.
Not scored there since Hanlons equaliser

B.H.F.C
23-01-2018, 05:16 PM
No. Looking forward to it to get Sunday out the system. So god knows how I'll feel if we get beat!

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Why would that put you off going tomorrow?

If you were considering it before Sunday, I honestly don't see why you wouldn't consider it now. It's what being a supporter is all about.

wookie70
23-01-2018, 05:26 PM
My attendance is based around money, child care and can I get extra value from the trip, for me that's some photography. I wish my mate hadn't mentioned it was on Alba as that makes the decision harder. Hibs have been pish most of my 45 years supporting so a Derby turnover isn't a factor.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Had no bearing. I can't afford it and that's irrespective of what the result was on Sunday.

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 05:33 PM
Avoiding the score and watching on alba. A very expensive month at the worst time possible. No danger I can justify Dundee 3 days before my first pay in 6 weeks.Me too mate got paid the Friday b4 Xmas and not paid till 31st ...just can't afford £26 plus travel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
23-01-2018, 05:34 PM
It won't put too many off. Even if we had won on Sunday we would have been looking at maybe 1300 odds for a midweek trip to Tayside, but it looks like it'll be 7-800 max.

silverhibee
23-01-2018, 06:39 PM
No, but it looks like it’s puttting off around 2,500 or so from going

I’m HC’s deputy😎

You been bad Billy to earn that title :greengrin

danhibees1875
23-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Avoiding the score and watching on alba. A very expensive month at the worst time possible. No danger I can justify Dundee 3 days before my first pay in 6 weeks.

When is it on alba? I didn't realise that!

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 06:45 PM
When is it on alba? I didn't realise that!

9:55pm

danhibees1875
23-01-2018, 06:46 PM
9:55pm

That could be an option - I've never tried to avoid the score before...

G B Young
23-01-2018, 06:57 PM

Apart from the eight we scored against Bonnyrigg :wink:

We've only played Hearts at Tynecastle twice since Hanlon's leveller and the first time we secured the draw which paved the way for us gubbing them 3-1 going on 6-1 in the replay.

I do agree, though, that Sunday was like a derby from the bad old days when 1-0 to Hearts in an utterly forgettable game was a common occurrence.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Apart from the eight we scored against Bonnyrigg :wink:

We've only played Hearts at Tynecastle twice since Hanlon's leveller and the first time we secured the draw which paved the way for us gubbing them 3-1 going on 6-1 in the replay.

I do agree, though, that Sunday was like a derby from the bad old days when 1-0 to Hearts in an utterly forgettable game was a common occurrence.

We've played Hearts 3 times at Tynecastle since the 2-2 game.

We drew 0-0 last year in the cup, 0-0 last month in the league and the 1-0 defeat on Sunday.

scoopyboy
23-01-2018, 07:19 PM
I'm going but can understand why many don't.

Dundee away, Celtic away and rangers away within 10 days is a nonsense and poor planning by the fixtures computer.:greengrin

The game at Tynecastle made it even worse, four away games in a fortnight is a costly game.

FifeHibs
23-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Win tomorrow and maybe 5 points off second place

Billy Whizz
23-01-2018, 07:45 PM
I'm going but can understand why many don't.

Dundee away, Celtic away and rangers away within 10 days is a nonsense and poor planning by the fixtures computer.:greengrin

The game at Tynecastle made it even worse, four away games in a fortnight is a costly game.

It’s been an expensive month for Hibs fans, fixtures haven’t been kind to us

ShinyFantastic
23-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Of course it has. But I'll be there as usual as always.

Lago
23-01-2018, 07:46 PM
If anything puts people of it's January, mid week and the weather is crap.

Stantons Angel
23-01-2018, 08:08 PM
my thing from Sunday's game is that there were two teams playing and in my opinion Hearts were worse than us!

Thats what rankles with me....... being beaten by a team worse than ourselves. It was a non event as a game and a spectacle, it was just awful from start to finish.

I just hope they have got it out of their system now and we can go on and get the results most of our play this season has deserved.

One bad game should not put anyone off watching Hibs, yes i know it is a particularly expensive time getting our footballing fix, but if you are anything like me you will find a way to find the money for the ticket and your transport and get along to support your team!

Just remember their reaction to beating us is like they have won the world cup themselves, Ive a lot of Heart supporting pals that i have not heard a lot from in a while but after Sunday they have all come out of the woodwork just to say hello.......... Strange breed dont you think?

Albanian Hibs
23-01-2018, 08:10 PM
I will be there which means my Mum will be babysitting on her birthday 🙊

ehf
23-01-2018, 08:22 PM

We scored there on 27.12.17; Olly Shaw.

givescotlandfreedom
23-01-2018, 08:26 PM
I'll be there. Not expecting much but Hibs have a tendency to deliver when least expected.

Hibeewilly
23-01-2018, 08:39 PM
my thing from Sunday's game is that there were two teams playing and in my opinion Hearts were worse than us!

Thats what rankles with me....... being beaten by a team worse than ourselves. It was a non event as a game and a spectacle, it was just awful from start to finish.

I just hope they have got it out of their system now and we can go on and get the results most of our play this season has deserved.

One bad game should not put anyone off watching Hibs, yes i know it is a particularly expensive time getting our footballing fix, but if you are anything like me you will find a way to find the money for the ticket and your transport and get along to support your team!

Just remember their reaction to beating us is like they have won the world cup themselves, Ive a lot of Heart supporting pals that i have not heard a lot from in a while but after Sunday they have all come out of the woodwork just to say hello.......... Strange breed dont you think?
You must have been at a different game to ne SA...we were shocking and definitely second best. However in answer to the OP's question. .....NEVER...see you all in Dundee! !

G B Young
23-01-2018, 08:52 PM
We've played Hearts 3 times at Tynecastle since the 2-2 game.

We drew 0-0 last year in the cup, 0-0 last month in the league and the 1-0 defeat on Sunday.

Thanks for the correction. And of course we did actually 'score' in the 0-0 league game!

AgentDaleCooper
23-01-2018, 09:00 PM

To be fair, they have only scored 1, and shaw DID score...we've also put 5 past them at ER since then. Just hope you weren't one of the lucky buggers tgat got a ticket for the game :aok:

Sammy7nil
23-01-2018, 09:59 PM

We were comfortably second best.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Me too mate got paid the Friday b4 Xmas and not paid till 31st ...just can't afford £26 plus travel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Exact same. 👍 Good on everyone going up tomorrow mind. I might be a right miserable bassa love the Hibs all the same. I forgot how it feels to lose to that shower.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 10:43 PM
We were comfortably second best.

Second half yes. We brought Barker on who was unfit and ruined our shape. First half we controlled the match.

Sammy7nil
23-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Second half yes. We brought Barker on who was unfit and ruined our shape. First half we controlled the match.

was that before or after Naismith and Isma both missed open goals

FitbaFolkKen
23-01-2018, 11:12 PM
I can’t go because of work but I think we will see a backlash tonight.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
23-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Thousands wont be going tonight, not just because of Sundays game, some because they cant be arsed and they'll just watch the delayed transmission on Alba. Some because its not a big enough game.

Then theres other reasons like work, its a school night and its away.

kaimendhibs
24-01-2018, 01:10 AM
Cant wait

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aaron
24-01-2018, 01:34 AM
I'm there. Keep the faith. GGTTH :flag:

Carheenlea
24-01-2018, 06:35 AM
Thousands wont be going tonight, not just because of Sundays game, some because they cant be arsed and they'll just watch the delayed transmission on Alba. Some because its not a big enough game.

Then theres other reasons like work, its a school night and its away.

Thousands wouldn't be going to Dundee midweek in January anyway even if we had won 5-0 on Sunday. Our travelling support, Tynecastle apart, is pretty consistent numbers wise, and tonight will see a drop of a couple of hundred or so from what it might otherwise have been for reasons given above.

3pm
24-01-2018, 06:49 AM
Think we took 920 to Killie back in October for a midweek fixture.

Don’t think it’ll be that high. 750 would be OK?