PDA

View Full Version : Stokes in squad for Dundee

Lee Marvin
23-01-2018, 01:55 PM
What is going on!?!

Jones28
23-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Last chance saloon, hopefully he has come back with renewed vigour and determination to prove himself. Maybe being left out of the Derby squad has made him realise he isn't un-droppable

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Ffs.

Will this be a final, final warning then?

MacGruber
23-01-2018, 02:05 PM
He better not be. Don't want to see him in a Hibs too again.
Thanks for the memories but enough now.

Our biggest game of the season was last Sunday. As another poster said if he missed it and we got beat there would be no way back with some fans. That's where I am.

Always be a legend but it's time to part ways

bingo70
23-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Negotiating stance possibly?

If he’s surplus to requirements it’d be harder for us to try and negotiate a fee if someone is interested.

Hibeewilly
We'll never get a replacement even close to him so come on Stokesy toe the line now mate!!

Lee Marvin
Ffs.

I reckon it is as we can't offload him. Clusterf#ck of a situation

Peevemor
23-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Maybe the hate/aggression is misplaced - we don't know why he wasn't around this weekend.

we are hibs
23-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Where's this coming from?

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Good, we were ****ing hopeless up front without him.

ancient hibee
23-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Suspect employment law coming into play.He will have received the maximum sanction from the club which will run from the date of the offence.

Jim44
23-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Give the impression all is hunky dory and hope that we can attract interest.

Peevemor
23-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Suspect employment law coming into play.He will have received the maximum sanction from the club which will run from the date of the offence.

There's no law which states he has to be in the squad.

Pete
23-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Steady on people. Nobody knows for certain what has went on, what has been said and what the club have done in relation to any alleged incidents.

He’s back, he’s a legend so let’s give him an extra big cheer because we need goals.

BlackSheep
23-01-2018, 02:14 PM
I dont allude to bing in ITK but one thing i do know is he was definitely in Dublin last week, as a friend saw him on the flight back to edinburgh on friday/saturday...

I think whatever is going on with him and hibs isnt as simple as a disciplinary issue... it seems more like something personal to Stokes, which the club cannot comment on until its resolved.

I think folk are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 with the previous stories about Portugal.

The press are making most of their stories up from speculation on here or other gossip sources!

Peevemor
23-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Steady on people. Nobody knows for certain what has went on, what has been said and what the club have done in relation to any alleged incidents.

He’s back, he’s a legend so let’s give him an extra big cheer because we need goals.

I dont allude to bing in ITK but one thing i do know is he was definitely in Dublin last week, as a friend saw him on the flight back to edinburgh on friday/saturday...

I think whatever is going on with him and hibs isnt as simple as a disciplinary issue... it seems more like something personal to Stokes, which the club cannot comment on until its resolved.

I think folk are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 with the previous stories about Portugal.

The press are making most of their stories up from speculation on here or other gossip sources!

:agree:

Pretty Boy
23-01-2018, 02:17 PM
If he's in the squad I trust it's not a decision the manager has taken lightly. Hopefully he's fired up and puts on a show.

ancient hibee
23-01-2018, 02:18 PM
There's no law which states he has to be in the squad.

You've seen his contract?

lucky
23-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Glad he’s in the squad as I just want our best players on the pitch. Stokes on his game is one of the best players in Scotland.

Geo_1875
23-01-2018, 02:21 PM

I'll wait until something official comes from the club before I condemn him (or anybody). I was surprised that the club kept quiet about Stokes, Swanson and Boyle and their alleged indiscretions in Portugal as they were pronounced guilty on social media in the build up to the game but I'm sure it will come out eventually.

Not In The Know
23-01-2018, 02:23 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15891200.Neil_Lennon_says__the_gloves_are_off__wit h_Hearts_manager_Craig_Levein_following__derogator y__remarks_about_Hibernian/

Lennon also calling Potter out for what he is.

JDHibs
23-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Some fans really are pathetic.

Berating a player when they have no idea whats going on? Nobody has any concrete evidence that anything is going on other than he missed a curfew in Portugal.

He is still a Hibs player, if hes on that pitch i will support him as always!

Peevemor
23-01-2018, 02:24 PM

Do you think Hibs are obliged to have him in the squad if fit? It's possible but I'd be surprised.

Tornadoes70
23-01-2018, 02:25 PM
If he's in the squad I trust it's not a decision the manager has taken lightly. Hopefully he's fired up and puts on a show.

Absolutely.

Would be very nice if we could take as many supporters up to Dens as possible and give the team on the pitch our usual loud vocal backing.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

HoboHarry
23-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Have you?

Eaststandee
23-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Surely if it wasn't as terrible as was being made out, one of the fans reps could have gave a "Calm down, it's not that bad" type post to kill some of the speculation, especially before the derby.

Captain Trips
23-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Well I really hope he plays and does a job because he is no use to us at home due to childish antics.

IberianHibernian
23-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Good news . We`ve noone to replace him and are unlikely to find someone of his quality this month or even in summer . IF we don`t want him to stay will be much easier to get rid of him if he`s playing .

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Ya beauty!!!!😂😂😂😂😂

A couple of poster's will be extremely disappointed more to do with the fact their ikn reputation will o down like the Titanic.

Stokes is on 🔥

Iain G
23-01-2018, 02:30 PM
What is going on!?!

Why is he in the Dundee squad? :wink::greengrin

Newcastlehibby
23-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Where is it reported that he is in the squad for Dundee?

snooky
23-01-2018, 02:34 PM
What is going on!?!

:wtf: You been talking to the trees again, Lee? :greengrin

Eaststandee
23-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Where is it reported that he is in the squad for Dundee?

He said: "We are looking to bring an attacking player in if we can. Anthony is back training and will be in contention for the squad on Wednesday (against Dundee (http://www.heraldscotland.com/search/?search=Dundee&topic_id=8766)).
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15891200.Neil_Lennon_says__the_gloves_are_off__wit h_Hearts_manager_Craig_Levein_following__derogator y__remarks_about_Hibernian/

Diclonius
23-01-2018, 02:38 PM
If he wasn't out the door then why the **** wasn't he in the squad for our biggest game of the season?

Lago
23-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Ffs.

Nono, now remember it has to be final Writen warning, maybe gorgot to write it:greengrin

But if true great news in my opinion.

HoboHarry
23-01-2018, 02:39 PM
If he wasn't out the door then why the **** wasn't he in the squad for our biggest game of the season?
If you look at the link provided you will see that NL stated that Stokes asked for time off. NL also state earlier that his head wasn't in the game......

Newcastlehibby
23-01-2018, 02:39 PM
He said: "We are looking to bring an attacking player in if we can. Anthony is back training and will be in contention for the squad on Wednesday (against Dundee (http://www.heraldscotland.com/search/?search=Dundee&topic_id=8766)).

So he's in contention for the squad, not actually in the squad.

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 02:40 PM

This is what I don't get..

Iggy Pope
23-01-2018, 02:41 PM
So he's in contention for the squad, not actually in the squad.

And I would suggest that criteria probably applies to the lot of them.

Onion
23-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Cannot be true. If it is, then it's a crazy piece of mis-management by Hibs. What's changed between Sun and Tues that makes Stokes worthy of a place, when not deemed fit to play in a game with ££££ resting on the outcome ?

J-C
23-01-2018, 02:44 PM
If you look at the link provided you will see that NL stated that Stokes asked for time off. NL also state earlier that his head wasn't in the game......

This is the 1st we've heard that Stokes asked for time off, Lennon did mention prior to the game about his head not being in the right place, it was obvious that most people would would jump on the speculation about his imminent departure rather than Stokes having personal matters to attend to. A lot of this nonsense could've been avoided if Hibs had made a statement re Stokes having a personal issue and then all the paper gossip would not be there.

Bostonhibby
23-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Surely if it wasn't as terrible as was being made out, one of the fans reps could have gave a "Calm down, it's not that bad" type post to kill some of the speculation, especially before the derby.We have fans reps to proactively communicate with the wider fan base on issues that are getting all the attention from fans?

Whoda thunk it?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Newcastlehibby
23-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Cannot be true. If it is, then it's a crazy piece of mis-management by Hibs. What's changed between Sun and Tues that makes Stokes worthy of a place, when not deemed fit to play in a game with ££££ resting on the outcome ?

Lennon says, in the Herald article, "He (Stokes) asked for time off, he got it and is back in training".

Perhaps a mountain is being made out of a molehill?

Lago
23-01-2018, 02:47 PM
For me I'm more than happy if he he's back. Anyone who says he wasn't missed on Sunday is deluded, he is a quality player and we need quality players.
None of us really knows whats gone on or been said, it's all pure speculation. Time it was put to bed once and for all.

HoboHarry
23-01-2018, 02:48 PM
This is the 1st we've heard that Stokes asked for time off, Lennon did mention prior to the game about his head not being in the right place, it was obvious that most people would would jump on the speculation about his imminent departure rather than Stokes having personal matters to attend to. A lot of this nonsense could've been avoided if Hibs had made a statement re Stokes having a personal issue and then all the paper gossip would not be there.
A lot of this nonsense could also have been avoided by posters on here not making up s***e and claiming to be ITK.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Nono, now remember it has to be final Writen warning, maybe gorgot to write it:greengrin

But if true great news in my opinion.

Its great news if everything has been sorted. But something bout this, and lenny's comments dont smell right.

If this was a nothing incident, the club would habe come out and said so. That they didnt tells us everything imo.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Lennon says, in the Herald article, "He (Stokes) asked for time off, he got it and is back in training".

Perhaps a mountain is being made out of a molehill?

And rigjt underneath that he talks about players being repeatedly unprofessional...

merseyhibs
23-01-2018, 02:52 PM
For me I'm more than happy if he he's back. Anyone who says he wasn't missed on Sunday is deluded, he is a quality player and we need quality players.
None of us really knows whats gone on or been said, it's all pure speculation. Time it was put to bed once and for all.

Well said. Let’s rally round support the club and Lenny and get our place in Europe. It’s still a great season. [emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
23-01-2018, 02:53 PM
For NL to allow Stokes time off and miss an important cup tie (especially after the Portugal escapade), it must have been serious. That being the case, best not to speculate and take it that whatever it is, it is being handled in the best way possible by the club.

Golden Bear
23-01-2018, 02:54 PM
False news or wishful thinking? That is the question.

BlackSheep
23-01-2018, 02:57 PM
And rigjt underneath that he talks about players being repeatedly unprofessional...

I think this alludes to the Portugal incident... I think Stokes' recent absence is nothing to do with all that.... or perhaps Lennon didn't feel the reason for Stokes needing time off was appropriate/professional.

I've stated on other threads and here that i think this forum has drawn and quartered Stokes before anyone even knows whats going on, and to me it all sounds like a non footballing personal issue that kept him out of the Hearts game squad... I don't want to speculate but could be a death in the family or something to that effect. Would anyone not want time off work to deal with that, regardless of what you were working on? I know I would.

staunchhibby
23-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Time for the stokesy we know to do his job

matty_f
23-01-2018, 03:01 PM
'Mon Stokesey - bang a couple of goals in!

J-C
23-01-2018, 03:02 PM
A lot of this nonsense could also have been avoided by posters on here not making up s***e and claiming to be ITK.

Nothing was made up though as something did happen in Portugal, the problem thereafter is the lack of communication from Hibs which then caused all the gossip, as yet we are still in the dark as to why Stokes was allowed to go back to Dublin and miss a very important game for us, the timing of all this wasn't great. I noticed Lennon have a wee dig about professionalism and players needing to accept what happens due to their actions.

SeanWilson
23-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Having just watched NL press conference can't see any future for AS at hibs bar some miracle. NL clearly not happy and when asked if Stokes had a future at hibs he said that's something that'll have to be looked at over the next few weeks. When asked about him he said he was back in training and very nearly went for the standard in contention to start before correcting and saying contention for the squad.

JohnMcM
23-01-2018, 03:04 PM

This, this, this.

I know Lennon said pre-match that Stokes' head wasn't in the right place, (No! before you start with the funnies, it was on his shoulders as usual). Lennon was referring to his mental approach.

If he is in the squad and indeed plays, then fine, but I like to think someone at the club is asking Lennon what exactly his team selection was about.

Talking of someone at the club, is it just me or has Leanne been very quiet recently?

Onion
23-01-2018, 03:08 PM

Will always love the guy for what he did in May 2016, but Stokes should be nowhere near ER. Sun was easily our most important game of the season re potential income, huge for the fans and even bigger for Hearts. Not only have we lost out on cup run revenue, and chance of silverware, it could impact the rest of our season and take up of STs next year.

But hey, that's ok. Anthony feels a bit better now :rolleyes:

Jim44
23-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Having just watched NL press conference can't see any future for AS at hibs bar some miracle. NL clearly not happy and when asked if Stokes had a future at hibs he said that's something that'll have to be looked at over the next few weeks. When asked about him he said he was back in training and very nearly went for the standard in contention to start before correcting and saying contention for the squad.

Do we have the luxury of ‘weeks’ to look at the matter? If there’s a chance he is on his way out, would it not be better to be tidied up before the transfer window closes? :dunno:

Lee Marvin
23-01-2018, 03:09 PM

I think he would love to get rid of him, but is not completly shutting the door incase there are no takers (which is very likely).

Also, the harder lennon is on him the bigger lesson it gives stokes whilst sending out a stong message to the squad!

I'd be amazed if he does play on Wednesday.

SeanWilson
23-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Do we have the luxury of ‘weeks’ to look at the matter? If there’s a chance he is on his way out, would it not be better to be tidied up before the transfer window closes? :dunno:

Completely agree. He's obviously crossed the line and hibs are struggling to offload easily.

BegbieHSC
23-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Yep :agree::agree:

Hi Heid Yin
23-01-2018, 03:12 PM
It would appear that Stokes was/is going through a major personal crisis and thus Neil Lennon's : "Stokes' head is not in the right place"
And maybe, just maybe, his crisis has absolutely nothing to do with Portugal or recent high profile indicretions.
Maybe, now, he is at a better place within and eager to prove a point to the club that pays his wages, that he wants to knuckle down and commit and see out his contract.
It has been, without question, a frustrating time for our club with two senior players "heads elsewhere". Swanson being the other.
Good money is being paid out for a limited return from Stokes and next to nothing from Swanson.
Time will tell what becomes of both of these "quality" players.

Iggy Pope
23-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Christ. It can't be long before this one gets closed too. The supposition and perception is starting all over again.

SeanWilson
It would appear that Stokes was/is going through a major personal crisis and thus Neil Lennon's : "Stokes' head is not in the right place"
And maybe, just maybe, his crisis has absolutely nothing to do with Portugal or recent high profile indicretions.
Maybe, now, he is at a better place within and eager to prove a point to the club that pays his wages, that he wants to knuckle down and commit and see out his contract.
It has been, without question, a frustrating time for our club with two senior players "heads elsewhere". Swanson being the other.
Good money is being paid out for a limited return from Stokes and next to nothing from Swanson.
Time will tell what becomes of both of these "quality" players.
Nah - wait till u see the press conference. It's more along the lines of Stokes has taken the huff, left us in the lurch for the derby and Lennon is furious.

lapsedhibee

andybev1
23-01-2018, 03:15 PM
He says all of this in his pre match interview now showing on hibs tv. Reading between the lines he us saying that stokes coat is on a shaky peg but is up to him to act professionally, as it is with the rest of the squad.

He also said the gloves are off (exact quote) with him and Levien. Levein said this morning that he was just having a laugh, Lenon said he did not find it funny or words to that effect.

Iggy Pope
23-01-2018, 03:16 PM

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2018, 03:16 PM

Barely kicked a ball for Blackburn in all the time he was there because of off field issues which meant his head wasn't in the game. You don't grant a guy who is supposed to be a vital player time off resulting in him missing a game which has a fortune in cash riding on it, never mind the other stuff like bragging rights, unless you are convinced those reasons are so drastic its unavoidable.

To me then this just doesn't appear to be a case of Lennon dropping him over Portugal, there's more to it than that. If its the same issues that dogged his time at Blackburn then I just cant see what value he can bring to the team for the rest of the season. WTF these 'issues' are is Anthony Stokes business, not mine.

But what is my business is that I pay a fortune ( for me ) to follow Hibs and for that money I expect at the very least to see a player giving everything for the club. I can understand a player suddenly hit with an off field crisis which affects his contribution, Danny Swanson being a case in point. But surely, and I mean SURELY the first thing on the agenda when Neil Lennon and Hibs entered talks with Stokes in the summer was a discussion about these 'off field issues' and an assurance sought that they were behind him and would not affect his time at Hibs the way they did at Blackburn.

If Stokes did assure Hibs that these issues were behind him, or at least far more manageable, its becoming pretty clear that he was at best mistaken and at worst lied to Lennon and the club.

Whatever the case, if he is in the squad for Dundee its time he screwed the nut and proved he is willing to give everything for the club who pay his wages, the manager whose trust he is disrespecting and most of all for the fans who go to the effort that ensures folk like him can make a living from football.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Great news.

BlackSheep
23-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Nah - wait till u see the press conference. It's more along the lines of Stokes has taken the huff, left us in the lurch for the derby and Lennon is furious.

I don't read it that way... especially if its a personal non footballing matter, if thats the case then Lennon is paying his cards right in regard to answering the question.

HibbyAndy
23-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Fantastic news , By far the best striker at the club.

calumhibee1
23-01-2018, 03:19 PM
I wonder if he’s been away to rehab or something along those lines? I’ve no idea how these things work so just total guesswork on my part.

RoxburghHibs
23-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Fantastic news , By far the best striker at the club.

:top marks

Souter96Mac
23-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Cmon Stokesy, score a hattrick tomorrow and show everyone what you can do.

Not In The Know
23-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Just watched the press conference. Yep, Stokes can do one! He left us high and dry.

I reckon Hibs are playing the whole thing down so they can try and punt him.

AgentDaleCooper
23-01-2018, 03:25 PM
If stokes is playing in a hibs top, he has my unwavering support, end of story.

SeanWilson
23-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Just watched the press conference. Yep, Stokes can do one! He left us high and dry.

I reckon Hibs are playing the whole thing down so they can try and punt him.

Glad it's not just me 😳

Lago
23-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Its great news if everything has been sorted. But something bout this, and lenny's comments dont smell right.

If this was a nothing incident, the club would habe come out and said so. That they didnt tells us everything imo.
more speculation

IWasThere2016
23-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Whatever has gone on - it has to be last chance saloon for him.

We cannot afford passengers and he has to shape up or ship out.

Hibeewilly
23-01-2018, 03:31 PM

Well said AGD

Golden Bear
23-01-2018, 03:33 PM
I wonder if he’s been away to rehab or something along those lines? I’ve no idea how these things work so just total guesswork on my part.

I'll guess as well ---------- Stokes is playing the old "personal problem" card as he realises that the not so golden boot is just around the corner.

wookie70
23-01-2018, 03:34 PM

That sounds possible and I would hope Hibs were a good employer in terms of employees with issues. The problem comes with team spirit, questions of favouritism and togetherness and these situations are difficult enough to deal with in an office never mind a ego heavy football squad. The manager's role will be critical in how this situation pans out. Not sure the ability to deal with this type of situation as one of Lennon's strengths. Time will tell.

we are hibs
23-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Shame the same can't be said for some others. You just know if he features tomorrow, one misplaced pass and There will be clowns getting on his back.

Lago
23-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Christ. It can't be long before this one gets closed too. The supposition and perception is starting all over again.
Correct. And what disappoints me is that some on here give me the impression that they are going to be upset if it turns out he isn't going.
Already we have more conjecture and speculation building around the announcement that Stokes is training and underconsideration for tomorrow, the whole situation is growing arms and legs on nothing more than unsubstantiated rumours.

Iggy Pope
23-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Shame the same can't be said for some others. You just know if he features tomorrow, one misplaced pass and There will be clowns getting on his back.

Doubtful, very doubtful, that there will be many there tomorrow with that sort of agenda really.

Eaststandee
23-01-2018, 03:41 PM

This will be FACT in a few hours

SeanWilson
23-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Correct. And what disappoints me is that some on here give me the impression that they are going to be upset if it turns out he isn't going.
Already we have more conjecture and speculation building around the announcement that Stokes is training and underconsideration for tomorrow, the whole situation is growing arms and legs on nothing more than unsubstantiated rumours.

Nah, people are aloud a differing opinion mate. If Stokes had done FA wrong then we'd have known about it by now. If Stokes has taken the piss out the club once again... he can GTF. Don't care how good he is on his day and whether we'll never get in someone close to replacing him.

Keith_M
23-01-2018, 03:44 PM

Lennon also calling Potter out for what he is.

"He asked for time off, he got it and is back in training."

Lago
23-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Nah, people are aloud a differing opinion mate. If Stokes had done FA wrong then we'd have known about it by now. If Stokes has taken the piss out the club once again... he can GTF. Don't care how good he is on his day and whether we'll never get in someone close to replacing him.

We are all allowed our opinion, but some of the stuff being said and hung on Stokes is scandalous. I don't know what has gone and neither do you.

ancient hibee
23-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Do you think Hibs are obliged to have him in the squad if fit? It's possible but I'd be surprised.
I’m thinking more of appearance/squad payments if fit.

Not In The Know
23-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Yep its pretty obvious he hasn't been to Rehab or has a serious personal issue. If it was the club would take a completely different stance and would certainly be standing up for/by him. Thats not happening. Management are Cleary done with him.

He wont be in the team tomorrow. How many star players get quoted by the manager as "in contention for a squad place"?

They are keeping his misdemeanours as quiet as possible so we can flog him.

Iggy Pope
23-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Nah, aye, bollox. It's more of the same fanciful sweetiewifery that it was a week ago. Let it sort itself.

FA. Nice analogy :wink:

Col2
23-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Great to hear he is back.

Don’t know what happened offfiled but it’s absolutely last chance saloon for him.

However that being said looking forward to him banging in some goals and getting re-focused for next few weeks and months. We have some big games coming up. And then March derby will be revenge x 100z

Bostonhibby
23-01-2018, 03:56 PM
If there's a genuine problem that the club believed had to be managed over the last week and Stokes believes he can and will now be 100% focussed on being the player he is and can be again for Hibs then I'd back him one last time.

We won't buy better than a focussed Stokes, warts and all. My only serious post on the whole affair.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sioux
23-01-2018, 04:12 PM
I think this alludes to the Portugal incident... I think Stokes' recent absence is nothing to do with all that.... or perhaps Lennon didn't feel the reason for Stokes needing time off was appropriate/professional.

I've stated on other threads and here that i think this forum has drawn and quartered Stokes before anyone even knows whats going on, and to me it all sounds like a non footballing personal issue that kept him out of the Hearts game squad... I don't want to speculate but could be a death in the family or something to that effect. Would anyone not want time off work to deal with that, regardless of what you were working on? I know I would.

You don't want to speculate?

CRAZYHIBBY
23-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Best news ive heard today.......welcome back stokesy

Stonewall
23-01-2018, 04:19 PM

I think the club's disciplinary procedures would be of more importance.

shetlandhibee
23-01-2018, 04:21 PM
:agree:

The press are making most of their stories up from speculation on here or other gossip sources!:agree:

Jim44
23-01-2018, 04:25 PM

.......... aye, there’s something fishy about all this. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2018, 04:28 PM
We can be as sanctimonious as we like, but the economics of the game dictates that only way we get Stokes (or Riordan, O'Connor etc) at Hibs these days, are if the player has some kind of personality/behavioural flaw, which makes them risky for the smaller clubs with bigger money. You can go back to Willie Hamilton and George Best and argue t'was always the case.

Point is, give me them before Hurtado, Vine etc any day of the week. That's the level we should get on SPL (outside Celtic) wages, so I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth for the sake of seeing some actual quality once in a while.

Yes, there has to be a cut off point where those individuals are just such a pain and disruptive influence that they need cut loose, but I'll always go with Lennon's judgement of where that is, before that of the amateur FBI behavioural sciences unit on this board.

So I'm not being sentimental about cup final heroics. We saw on Sunday where that lack of quality and guile in the final third got us. Simple pragmatism dictates this is probably a decent call by Lennon.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 04:28 PM
He either gives 100% now or I hope he is gone. I can accept some personal stuff going on but I think he's been mediocre since the start. Its the culmination of off field nonsense plus mediocre performances. If this is true, he must be on final warning.

eastcoasthibby
23-01-2018, 04:29 PM
If he asked for time off why wasn't it communicated as such, because the mass hysteria around this has not been healthy in my view .. Plenty of players have asked for this at different times for their own reasons ... Don't think this has been well managed in all respects ..but we need to move on and hopefully lessons learned in moving forward, cos we need the togetherness that has got us as far as we are again on and off the pitch..honesty is best policy overall.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 04:31 PM
more speculation

The speculation already exists - i am just discussing it on a message board.

But come on, if it was bullcrap then lenny would have said so. That he chose to not publically back his player, tells us he is very annoyed with him. Who knows what that will result in...?

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 04:32 PM
Completely agree. He's obviously crossed the line and hibs are struggling to offload easily.

This comment would be better suited in the hearts forum.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 04:33 PM
We can be as sanctimonious as we like, but the economics of the game dictates that only way we get Stokes (or Riordan, O'Connor etc) at Hibs these days, are if the player has some kind of personality/behavioural flaw, which makes them risky for the smaller clubs with bigger money. You can go back to Willie Hamilton and George Best and argue t'was always the case.

Point is, give me them before Hurtado, Vine etc any day of the week. That's the level we should get on SPL (outside Celtic) wages, so I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth for the sake of seeing some actual quality once in a while.

Yes, there has to be a cut off point where those individuals are just such a pain and disruptive influence that they need cut loose, but I'll always go with Lennon's judgement of where that is, before that of the amateur FBI behavioural sciences unit on this board.

So I'm not being sentimental about cup final heroics. We saw on Sunday where that lack of quality and guile in the final third got us. Simple pragmatism dictates this is probably a decent call by Lennon.

Agree with this but referring to Sunday is not right, we can't know what impact Stokes would've had. Stokes has played in Derbies before and did very little. Holt had a bigger impact in the Derby. I'd argue a big guy upfront would've had more of an impact especially up against Berra. Let's see if Stokes starts showing his quality (if he is indeed back in the mix).

greenlex
23-01-2018, 04:36 PM
He has to be gone for the sake of squad harmony. If I wasn’t playing so he could waltz back in yet again I’d be fuming. If I’d bust a gut to get a result at the weekend in our biggest game of the season whilst he has a bit time off for whatever reason I’d be fuming. Hibs have to make a stance on this.

Famous Fiver
23-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Looks like NL is doing what it says on the tin - Managing.

Hasn'y half caused a stooshie on here though!

cmcd
23-01-2018, 04:39 PM

The only thing certain is that some humble pie will be eaten in the next few days one way or another

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 04:46 PM

He’s back, he’s a legend so let’s give him an extra big cheer because we need goals.None of us know as the silence as usual is deafening from Hibs. Lennon told us post match on Sunday it would all be sorted this week - we r still waiting to hear. Honest feel like Hibs treat us fans with sheer contempt sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 04:47 PM
If he wasn't out the door then why the **** wasn't he in the squad for our biggest game of the season?Exactly this??

Lago
23-01-2018, 04:49 PM

Would you add Mickie Edwards to your list. Police knocking on his door and he was out the bathroom window onto Pitreavie Golf course, classic and a fact.

KWJ
23-01-2018, 04:50 PM
He's not in the squad - he's "in contention for the squad".

madhatter
23-01-2018, 04:55 PM
I think we can be certain that Hibs will listen to any offers for Stokes. Pre-match conference for Dundee and Lennon still couldn't say if its 100% resolved.

ancient hibee
23-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Not many card players on here are there.The idea that the club should be making statements on what’s going on behind the scenes with players in the lead up to a big game and handing the advantage of knowing who is defintely out to them just so people on websites can avoid mass hysteria is ludicrous.

jacomo
23-01-2018, 04:58 PM
None of us know as the silence as usual is deafening from Hibs. Lennon told us post match on Sunday it would all be sorted this week - we r still waiting to hear. Honest feel like Hibs treat us fans with sheer contempt sometimes.

Hibs have been much more proactive about communicating with the fans since Leeann came in. Our manager likes to talk to the media.

I don’t think it’s a wild leap of faith to think that something has gone seriously wrong behind the scenes.

greenpaper55
23-01-2018, 04:58 PM
It would be great if he came back and scored the winner against Hearts in the next derby, natural order resumed !

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Hibs have been much more proactive about communicating with the fans since Leeann came in. Our manager likes to talk to the media.

I don’t think it’s a wild leap of faith to think that something has gone seriously wrong behind the scenes.They have been mate sure but I do feel its regressed back a bit of late

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Sounds a bit @nky but “situation management” can prevent managers from jumping to conclusions and consequently selecting the wrong course of action as a response.

Ever been a bit out of sorts and out of character?
For example (not saying this applies to Stokes) If we claim to take mental health issues seriously we need to listen, try to understand and take appropriate action.
There’s been enlightened debate on such matters on this very forum. Amidst the recent furore worthy of a thought.

ALF TUPPER
23-01-2018, 05:07 PM
I hope we are all on here tomorrow waxing lyrical about Stokesy's magnificent hat_trick.

😂

WeeRussell
23-01-2018, 05:17 PM
An awful lot of “certain” and “clearly” type words being used across these 4 pages when, once again, nobody has a clue what’s going on.

Hopefully he starts tomorrow.

ivan03
23-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Sorry to put a dampener on this lads but this info isn’t true, he will not be involved tomorrow.

WeeRussell
23-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Sorry to put a dampener on this lads but this info isn’t true, he will not be involved tomorrow.

The “info” that was quoted directly from a Lennon interview?

Lennon is lying?

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 05:20 PM
What Lennon said is that he trained and is contention for the squad.

Not that he is in the squad.

Heisenberg
23-01-2018, 05:21 PM
He's not in the squad - he's "in contention for the squad".

Exactly. Lennon said something similar before the Derby.

jacomo
23-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Not many card players on here are there.The idea that the club should be making statements on what’s going on behind the scenes with players in the lead up to a big game and handing the advantage of knowing who is defintely out to them just so people on websites can avoid mass hysteria is ludicrous.

Well that worked. The impression was of a club in turmoil and a management team not in charge of events.

The ‘crisis’ talk is overblown but it’s not been our finest week.

Borderlands
23-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Why is he in the Dundee squad? :wink::greengrin

Quote Lennon
"He asked for time off, he got it and is back in training."
Lennon appeared to have a dig at Stokes' professionalism following reports the striker broke curfew during a warm weather training camp in Portugal.
"For every player, it is the same premise: it is your livelihood and what you are paid to do and you have to act accordingly," he said.

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2018, 05:44 PM
For me Stokes and McGeouch are the most gifted footballers we have in the squad. We will be seriously weakened if even 1 of them leaves.

highland hibbee
23-01-2018, 05:52 PM

Are people also forgetting that there were issues with Griffiths too. Sure he was booked for his reaction to some zhibs fans and didn’t him and Fenlon have run ins. ?

SeanWilson
23-01-2018, 06:03 PM

🤔

Beefster
23-01-2018, 06:14 PM
What is going on!?!

You’re making stuff up. Do I win a prize?

lapsedhibee
23-01-2018, 06:19 PM
None of us know as the silence as usual is deafening from Hibs. Lennon told us post match on Sunday it would all be sorted this week - we r still waiting to hear. Honest feel like Hibs treat us fans with sheer contempt sometimes.

What kind of weird cult are you a member of, where a week starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday? :confused:

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 06:30 PM
What kind of weird cult are you a member of, where a week starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday? :confused:In case u forgotten we have 2 important league matches this week...the longer this rumbles on the worst the impact ithas on the squad. It needs resolving 1 way or another as soon as possible. I'm disappointed after Sunday that we are still no further forward in knowing what's going on??

Sammy7nil
23-01-2018, 06:37 PM

Behave the law is he has to be paid not in the squad

WeeRussell
23-01-2018, 06:37 PM
In case u forgotten we have 2 important league matches this week...the longer this rumbles on the worst the impact ithas on the squad. It needs resolving 1 way or another as soon as possible. I'm disappointed after Sunday that we are still no further forward in knowing what's going on??

I don’t think he’s forgotten that. He’s merely pointing out that you’re unhappy with lennon telling us it will be sorted within the next week, and it not been done by 6pm on the Tuesday.

Also.. he said “the next week or so” if I recall correctly.

scoopyboy
23-01-2018, 06:38 PM
I will buy his book, should be interesting.

snooky
23-01-2018, 07:32 PM

Words of wisdom from DBS.

Paisley Hibby
23-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Some fans really are pathetic.

Berating a player when they have no idea whats going on? Nobody has any concrete evidence that anything is going on other than he missed a curfew in Portugal.

He is still a Hibs player, if hes on that pitch i will support him as always!

Exactly! Much of the stuff posted about Stokes on here has been embarrassing.

Stantons Angel
23-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Glad he’s in the squad as I just want our best players on the pitch. Stokes on his game is one of the best players in Scotland.

As has been said before we dont know what is going on in his life at the moment. He obviously has problems out side his footballing life and may find these too much to handle.

We have all been there ourselves BUT in having apathy with him its hurting his team and his teamates.

On his game he is a mercurial player of immense talent and yet continually blots his copy book with stupid off the field incidents. Any manager would try and put our his strongest team in all games. He let his team, his manager and us the supporters down for the Sunday game.

This may be his last chance in that green and white jersey, the manager knows how to handle him and he himself must know that the only way to make the headlines next day will be to hit the back of that net tomorrow and remind them all just what he is all about.

So lets see it Stoke and put this crap to bed once and for all!!!

Lago
23-01-2018, 09:07 PM
As has been said before we dont know what is going on in his life at the moment. He obviously has problems out side his footballing life and may find these too much to handle.

We have all been there ourselves BUT in having apathy with him its hurting his team and his teamates.

On his game he is a mercurial player of immense talent and yet continually blots his copy book with stupid off the field incidents. Any manager would try and put our his strongest team in all games. He let his team, his manager and us the supporters down for the Sunday game.

This may be his last chance in that green and white jersey, the manager knows how to handle him and he himself must know that the only way to make the headlines next day will be to hit the back of that net tomorrow and remind them all just what he is all about.

So lets see it Stoke and put this crap to bed once and for all!!!
Empathy? :greengrin

jacomo
23-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Empathy? :greengrin

If he plays i wouldn’t give him apathy or empathy.

I’ve give a massive Booooooooo and hope he gets raging.

He let his club down. Time to shape up.

kaimendhibs
24-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Walking round Russell Road to Tynie I bet there are a fair few who wouldnt like the boss at work to see or hear the behaviour. Im no angel either. But its scary how many want rid of Stokesy for being a diddy, but would go radge if they got emptied from thier job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

heretoday
24-01-2018, 05:25 AM
Time for a glorious comeback by Stokesy!

Heisenberg
24-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Latest update from Lennon. Hardly sounds like he’s going to walk back into the side.

Meanwhile, Lennon, who insisted there had been no movement on a possible loan return to St Johnstone for Danny Swanson, has revealed Anthony Stokes could come back in from the cold for Wednesday night’s trip to Dundee.

The former Celtic striker was left out of the squad for Sunday’s derby – and looked set to be off-loaded this month – after being disciplined for breaking a curfew on a night out during the club’s winter training camp in Portugal.

But the 29-year-old trained with his team-mates on Tuesday and Lennon has urged his fellow Irishman to finally learn from his mistakes after years of wayward behaviour.

Lennon commented: “He’s been in training so he might be in contention to get in the squad.

“I think everyone will be looking for a bit of payback – if he plays. He owes everybody something.

“Eventually, whether I pick him or not, he has to have a good look at himself.

“I’ve been saying this for a long time, the penny either drops or it doesn’t and eventually the game moves on and I have other players to consider as well.

“There has been no more interest in him but that might change over the next 10 days.”

Callum_62
24-01-2018, 07:13 AM
be very very surprised if he starts.....not so much on the bench

guess it now depends on Stokes actions wether he continues with us or not

Sounds like hes crossed the line too many times in a short space of time

Colr
24-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Good, we were ****ing hopeless up front without him.

We might have to play him until we get someone else. He needs to be in the shop window so it may be something we have to put up with for now.

KWJ
24-01-2018, 10:14 AM
We might have to play him until we get someone else. He needs to be in the shop window so it may be something we have to put up with for now.

That's assuming he'd play well. He could play himself out of a move.

If he's not busting a gut in training and showing a clear indication of giving his all to play for the team then Shaw, Murray, MacLaren and big Dave are ahead of him.

Ronniekirk
24-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Lennon has already said Shaw will lead the line tonight

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 10:22 AM

Agree with that. And id also add that its very common for the best players to have challenging behaviour, more so than for ordinary run of the mill players. How many of us at various levels in the game, from ten year old up, have noticed that its the boy who glides effortlessly past defender after defender before smashing it into the top corner, is the first one to be smartmouthed with the coaches or get into fights with his teammates? The 'diva' gene. The ones who have had to work harder to get where they are seem often to be more grateful to be where they are. And the way players movement has gone in the last twenty years, the skill of a modern coach is increasingly more about making the rebellious types feel at home in the club theyre at.

Allant1981
24-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Lennon has already said Shaw will lead the line tonight

he must have been talking rubish then

heidtheba
24-01-2018, 06:20 PM
We don't know what happened. We don't know what was said by him. We don't know what Lennon said. We don't know his contract. We don't know if there's a psychological ploy being used here by the club.
We know jack all tbh.
IF this IS some kind of 'last chance to repay Lennon for sticking with him' thing then I hope he does. Stokes hasn't been the smartest or most team spirited, from what I've worked out on here in the past, but we all want the best players available to play for the club with the best frame of mind.
If Lennon's happy with him, and he doesn't strike me as the warm and fuzzy let bygones be bygones type, then that's good enough for me. I also hope that whatever's happened has been fully understood and that the rest of the squad are equally understanding.
Me? I don't understand what happened and I don't know what happened so I'll trust the boss.

Heisenberg
24-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Sun journo Derek McGregor on Twitter.

“I understand @HibsOfficial have told Anthony Stokes to find another club pronto. Missing again from 18 tonight.#Binned“

Who will actually go for Stokes? He’s been chucked from his last couple of clubs. We could be left with him rotting in the stands on a high wage.

snooky
24-01-2018, 06:28 PM

“I understand @HibsOfficial have told Anthony Stokes to find another club pronto. Missing again from 18 tonight.#Binned“

Who will actually go for Stokes? He’s been chucked from his last couple of clubs. We could be left with him rotting in the stands on a high wage.
Falkirk, where it all started?

Colr
24-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Murray and Boyle up front.

WoreTheGreen
24-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Pished @ 2 30 am pished and the alarms go off is he looking to be binned and do the same at the next club . Looking for a last pay day ifso sad

Ronniekirk
24-01-2018, 06:39 PM
he must have been talking rubish then

Yes i see its Murray Just throwing the opposition a Red Herring

guthrie01
24-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Falkirk, where it all started?

No chance Stokes will want to be playing for a Championship team fighting relegation

Northernhibee
24-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Murray and Boyle up front.

Is that for definite?

snooky
24-01-2018, 06:42 PM
No chance Stokes will want to be playing for a Championship team fighting relegation

Might be Hobson's choice? :dunno:

bingo70
24-01-2018, 06:42 PM

If there’s a club willing to pay £600k for that donkey that plays up front for Hearts surely there’s a team from India/China/Uzbekistan willing to take him for free from us?!

Onion
24-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Craig Levein :offski: