PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Murray

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 06:28 PM
What’s happened to the young man? He’s barely featured this season.

I really like the look of him and he is the sort of midfielder that gets forward and wants to score, something that we are missing right now.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2018, 06:37 PM
What’s happened to the young man? He’s barely featured this season.

I really like the look of him and he is the sort of midfielder that gets forward and wants to score, something that we are missing right now.

Been playing for the 20’s regularly, so keeping up his fitness as and when required

Smartie
22-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Of the youngsters who got a run in the League Cup, I thought Porteous looked closest to being ready for first team action, then Murray, with Shaw miles behind.

Interesting then that Shaw has grabbed his chance with both hands and made the biggest impact on the first team.

The team looks like it do with a player like Murray right now - good at finding pockets of space, a decent final ball and a composed finish.

Lennon has shown with Shaw that if a youngster grabs his chance then he's prepared to persevere with a youngster over players of higher reputation.

Murray can't be far from getting a chance. Our midfield lacks depth, particularly in the attacking sense.

He deserves a chance.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Of the youngsters who got a run in the League Cup, I thought Porteous looked closest to being ready for first team action, then Murray, with Shaw miles behind.

Interesting then that Shaw has grabbed his chance with both hands and made the biggest impact on the first team.

The team looks like it do with a player like Murray right now - good at finding pockets of space, a decent final ball and a composed finish.

Lennon has shown with Shaw that if a youngster grabs his chance then he's prepared to persevere with a youngster over players of higher reputation.

Murray can't be far from getting a chance. Our midfield lacks depth, particularly in the attacking sense.

He deserves a chance.

Agreed.

Billychaotic182
22-01-2018, 07:13 PM

He deserves a chance.

Also agreed

Bostonhibby
22-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Agreed.Yep, this window I'd rather give this impressive youngster a chance rather than take a risk on what is likely to be available.

We need to give the better prospects a run some time. Especially as it sounds like Murray is one of those midfielders who likes a shot at goals.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
22-01-2018, 07:19 PM
So let me get this right. 22 times capped Slivka shouldn't get game time to see if he is a player but Fraser Murray who is largely untried except against lower league opposition should be in the team. I have nothing against Murray and he could be a player but honestly sometimes this place is mental especially when we have had a bad result.

Billychaotic182
22-01-2018, 07:24 PM
So let me get this right. 22 times capped Slivka shouldn't get game time to see if he is a player but Fraser Murray who is largely untried except against lower league opposition should be in the team. I have nothing against Murray and he could be a player but honestly sometimes this place is mental especially when we have had a bad result.

Did you not read anything anyone on here has said. No one is moaning about the team or saying he should be in the team. They are questioning why a player who has had a good preseason and cup run hasn’t featured much. Considering we are missing that goal scoring midfielder type. No one is having a go at Slivka or any other player for that matter, we are just talking about giving a youngster a chance. Can’t see how this makes it mental.

CMac1988
22-01-2018, 07:25 PM

I'm with you in regards Slivka getting more game time. I'd give it to him at the expense of McGinn also. At least for a couple of games.
Equally though I'd like to see Fraser get a few games of the bench at the 70 minute mark or so. Both he and Slivka offer movement beyond the oppositions defense which is something neither McGeouch or McGinn are capable of attempting.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2018, 07:26 PM
So let me get this right. 22 times capped Slivka shouldn't get game time to see if he is a player but Fraser Murray who is largely untried except against lower league opposition should be in the team. I have nothing against Murray and he could be a player but honestly sometimes this place is mental especially when we have had a bad result.Can make a case for both. Slivka needs a run in the right position as I rate him as well.

With our own youngsters we need to start somewhere otherwise what's the point when they are outstanding at development level?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
22-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Did you not read anything anyone on here has said. No one is moaning about the team or saying he should be in the team. They are questioning why a player who has had a good preseason and cup run hasn’t featured much. Considering we are missing that goal scoring midfielder type. No one is having a go at Slivka or any other player for that matter, we are just talking about giving a youngster a chance. Can’t see how this makes it mental.
There are four posts out of 8 in this thread that folk say he should get a chance, then go and look at the Slivka thread where folk are saying he shouldn't get game time and you will see why it's mental.

weecounty hibby
22-01-2018, 07:33 PM
You know what, **** it maybe he should get a game. The jam is have chucked in a couple of come rely I tried 16 year olds and it's worked out for them. Cockring in particular has been a success so maybe we should do it too and keep the fingers crossed

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 07:37 PM

He has 22 caps for Lithuania ffs! This is not a good argument alone for saying he should start!

Smartie
22-01-2018, 08:08 PM
I think Slivka should get more of an opportunity too.

The midfield haven't done as well as they should. Whilst on their day they are as good as anyone, there have been too many days when they've not dominated like they should.

I don't think the midfield is the first department that needs looked at, but if we have other options available we should be considering what we can do to improve it.

Lennon needs to know when to drop any of Bartley, McGinn and McGeouch. All these 3 are excellent players, and they've put in many notable performances together, but it hasn't always worked for them and they don't threaten enough in the attacking sense.

Slivka and Murray both deserve an opportunity to see whether or not they can improve our fortunes.

Brooster
22-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Time to play Porteous and Murray more. They can only get better whilst others will not get better.

Jones28
22-01-2018, 08:10 PM

He deserves a chance.

Well said, I wonder if it would be worth bringing him in to play wide left and push Barker to the tip of a diamond.

FifeHibs
22-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Fraser Murray looked very good in preseason although when he came on at Dens park against Dundee he looked intimidated.
Nothing like gaining experience though and should be given more time which will give confidence and hopefully allow the player to fulfill the great potential he has.

500miles
23-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Fraser should go out on loan, and Innes should be recalled, as he seems to make an impact when played at Stenny.

The_Exile
23-01-2018, 09:18 AM
You know what, **** it maybe he should get a game. The jam is have chucked in a couple of come rely I tried 16 year olds and it's worked out for them. Cockring in particular has been a success so maybe we should do it too and keep the fingers crossed

I think the real question here we all want to know is why is the word 'cockring' in your auto correct dictionary. The Hibee Nation demand answers.

JimboHibs
23-01-2018, 09:22 AM
I think the real question here we all want to know is why is the word 'cockring' in your auto correct dictionary. The Hibee Nation demand answers.

Haha brilliant 😂😂😂😂😊

Golden Bear
23-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Time to play Porteous and Murray more. They can only get better whilst others will not get better.

Totally agree, these guys will have something to prove.

The Modfather
23-01-2018, 09:40 AM

Definitely agree. My worry is Lennon and if he has a general reluctance to play youngsters. With Shaw being the obvious exception and sure I read Lennon saying he would have featured last season if he hadn’t been on loan.

The consensus last season seemed to be that it wasn’t the season to blood youngsters and we had to go up at all costs. I now worry Murray & Porteous won’t get the game time needed as we need to try and hang on to 4th/halt the run we’re on.

Brightside
23-01-2018, 09:54 AM
Fraser should go out on loan, and Innes should be recalled, as he seems to make an impact when played at Stenny.

Innes is nowhere near the level of Fraser.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2018, 10:10 AM
The trouble Hibs have is that we are in a good position in the league, but its still not clear if we can progress from that position and fight for 3rd or if our recent inability to pick up 3 points from games will turn into a slide back the way. In a situation like that managers tend to go 'conservative' and I don't see NL bucking that trend.

We have a defence which is on a par with pretty well everybody bar Celtic and the ultra defensive Yams .... their problem is switching off once or twice a game.

Our midfield can compete with anybody on their day ... the obvious problem being they don't score anything like enough goals.

Our forward players aren't too bad at getting in and around the opposition ... with the obvious problem being they don't convert enough of the chances they create.

My point being that comparisons with Hearts are a bit pointless .... when you are looking over your shoulder at the bottom two and have a set of players who have been dross for most of the season its a lot more tempting to chuck in a couple of promising youngsters to see if they can perform better than the players who have continually let you down .... especially when there's a good chunk of the season to go.

So far as Fraser Murray goes from what I've seen of him he possesses the one attribute that none of our midfield have and that is a desire to get into the box and when he does he isn't a bad finisher ... Considering we don't carry a threat from midfield and opposition managers know it, that enables them to concentrate on our forwards ... a threat from midfield might even free up our forwards a bit and for that more than any other reason Murray would be worth a shot, especially at Easter Road.

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Came on against Willem II. Always impresses me, and is not afraid to have a shot from outside the box.

Would like to see him get more 1st team game time.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2018, 10:30 AM
I think a wee freshen up won't do any harm and Murray would certainly be in my thoughts in the next few weeks.

He's keen to get forward and likes to be in and around the box, something we lack from central midfield currently

Dunfyhibee
23-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Would also like to see murray get more game time, looked decent whenever I've seen him and looks to drive with the ball, something we are currently lacking.

BSEJVT
23-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Fraser Murray is a tidy footballer, with a good touch and vision and not afraid to have a pop at goal.

I have previously thought that he was to physically fragile at this stage of his career for SPL football and still fear this to be the case.

However our central midfield is so sterile and in the absence of Stokes's linking up with the forwards (or trying to!) I don't think we have anything to lose by at least giving Fraser the odd opportunity.

One of the big problems of our lack of goals, even in games we have been dominant in, is that it doesn't afford Lennon the chance to blood players like Fraser or Ryan easily, when the result is still in doubt