PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Stewart Sportsound

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Mikey giving Tom English it tight as he supports everything and anything Hearts and Harry Potter.
Never really noticed how biased English is until now.

PeeKay
22-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Tom English is particularly obnoxious tonight, but he has had his tongue up Budgie's @rse for a while now.

DavidDavidGray
22-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Tom English is particularly obnoxious tonight, but he has had his tongue up Budgie's @rse for a while now.

That’s an image I didn’t want in my head

Spike Mandela
22-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Billy Dodds said English was a Hearts supporter a couple of weeks back.

He’s a rugby man so it makes sense.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327349-Tom-English-one-of-them&highlight=English+Hearts

weecounty hibby
22-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Billy Dodds said English was a Hearts supporter a couple of weeks back.

He’s a rugby man so it makes sense.

Oi you!! Some of us who like rugby can also love the Hibs. And hate hearts

Spike Mandela
22-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Oi you!! Some of us who like rugby can also love the Hibs. And hate hearts

You must have had yer heid bumped in a scrum.😂

Stick
22-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Usually like Tom English, but tonight he came across as a right prat. Defended Potter against all criticism, says his statements were banter and the incident with boiler was a bit off fun. Hearts love in methinks.

WoreTheGreen
22-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Usually like Tom English, but tonight he came across as a right prat. Defended Potter against all criticism, says his statements were banter and the incident with boiler was a bit off fun. Hearts love in methinks.

Maybe likes there songs choices

Firestarter
22-01-2018, 07:41 PM
English has turned full blown ********. Used to be alright but a ****er now. His boss is a jambo so isn't a surprise. Journo no more.

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Stewart was just as bad in the piece about the Scotland job. Constantly talking over English and looking for an argument that wasn’t really there.

Painful listening when 2 or 3 people talk at the same time. They could all learn some basic manners.

Thecat23
22-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Mans an arse.

calumb
22-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Heard English on Irish radio just after the rugby world cup draw was made, he was taking the absolute mick out of Scotland, said the whole rugby setup from top to bottom was woeful and that Scotland had absolutely no up and coming talent coming through, he reckoned that Ireland and Japan had absolutely nothing to worry about Scotland being in the same group.

However when you read how much he bigs Scotland up when he covers them for the BBC you realise what type of character he is.

Firestarter
22-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Stewart was just as bad in the piece about the Scotland job. Constantly talking over English and looking for an argument that wasn’t really there.

Painful listening when 2 or 3 people talk at the same time. They could all learn some basic manners.

Michael Stewart clamped him big time. Commons backs him up too. English is a prick with his "you know nothing" ****.

yonder1875
22-01-2018, 10:51 PM
On the contrary, Michael Stewart seems a decent bloke.

The Harp
22-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Sickening hearing English sucking up to that excuse for a man, Levein.
Well done Michael Stewart for taking the opposite view. It was getting quite heated for a while ... I know who my money would've been on.:-)

s2hart
22-01-2018, 11:47 PM
My impression is that Michael Stewart hates Potter and English knows that and has goaded him in the past about it. So a lot of it would be to wind Stewart up, I've yet to listen to the podcast but hey that's my take on it!

hibbytam
23-01-2018, 12:14 AM

That seems to happen a lot on sportsound, whole chunks of shows that are mess of overlapping voices, and no-one actually listening to what the other people are saying. Just shows how amateur the whole thing is

Greenfly
23-01-2018, 12:21 AM

I got totally different impression from that. It was English doing the ranting and constantly trying to belittle Stewart - talking to him like he was some naughty servant boy daring to disagree with his Lordship. He came over as a right arrogant pillock tonight and was obviously wanting to rip into Stewart from the start. I fully agree with your point about folk shouting over each other but I've grown to like Stewart's honesty (and pretty decent analysis sometimes) despite not wanting to. English has gone the other way for me - was a fairly interesting journalist who now increasingly behaves like some spoiled D-list celeb who's incapable of coping sensibly or courteously with an opposite viewpoint.

lord bunberry
23-01-2018, 02:01 AM
Mans an arse.
:agree: Nothing more needs to be said.

23-01-2018, 02:09 AM
Mans an arse.

A lot of Jambos hate him and he hates Levein so he can't be all bad.

Tyler Durden
23-01-2018, 06:46 AM
English has always favoured the Hearts. He commented previously on their fans being more resilient than ours, something along those lines. He shows no interest in questioning anything they do.

Who the ***** is he anyway? I've no idea why anyone would put any stock in his opinion on football matters. A non-entity

cleanyman
23-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Out of general interest, why is Tom English the head football and rugby journalist at the BBC ?

Where is the Scottish talent or are we mince at that as well ?

oneone73
23-01-2018, 09:24 AM
That seems to happen a lot on sportsound, whole chunks of shows that are mess of overlapping voices, and no-one actually listening to what the other people are saying. Just shows how amateur the whole thing is

Agreed. Compare it to its 5Live equivalent.

Carheenlea
23-01-2018, 10:48 AM
That was nust awful radio. Just a platform for English & Stewart's ego's to do battle. Bore off the pair of you. At least Commons had some manners and a pleasant demeanour. Rarely listen to Sportsound now unless there is Hibs interest.

California-Hibs
23-01-2018, 10:50 AM
I really enjoy Sportsound and I’m an avid listener to the podcasts when I’m out driving. This one in particular was great listening. Michael Stewart is a fantastic pundit, and as much as I quite enjoy Tom’s input usually too, Stewart was bang on the money with his points raised.

We love a kick at Scottish football. Sportsound though in my opinion does very well at covering our game In a good light and insightful manner.

Carheenlea
23-01-2018, 10:58 AM
I really enjoy Sportsound and I’m an avid listener to the podcasts when I’m out driving. This one in particular was great listening. Michael Stewart is a fantastic pundit, and as much as I quite enjoy Tom’s input usually too, Stewart was bang on the money with his points raised.

We love a kick at Scottish football. Sportsound though in my opinion does very well at covering our game In a good light and insightful manner.

For all Stewart and English's noise, I didn't learn any more than I knew at the start of the show. Personally I didn't enjoy it.

Spike Mandela
23-01-2018, 11:07 AM

Really????? Try asking them a question about EBT's, LNS commission or SFA 's failure to hold an independent inquiry about Rangers scandal requested by SPFL.

Kenny McIntyre happy to have a procession of EBT recipients on to discuss the 'good old days' though.��

California-Hibs
23-01-2018, 11:08 AM
For all Stewart and English's noise, I didn't learn any more than I knew at the start of the show. Personally I didn't enjoy it.

To each their own 👍

wearehibernian
23-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Tom English is clearly frustrated that his previous 'crown' has been seized by a far superior pundit in Michael Stewart. I used to quite like Tom English but he doesn't come across well on this at all.

.Sean.
23-01-2018, 12:49 PM
He's absolutely battered Levein in his column in the paper today too.

Going against the grain here but since his retirement I've quite liked Michael Stewart. Not scared to give the Old Firm both barrels, or speak his opinion on the dinosaurs of the game, for example when he tore Billy Brown a new ********, and he's often fair or even quite complimentary about Hibs. For a Jambo he's one of the decent ones.

Brizo
23-01-2018, 01:14 PM

:agree: Sportsound is fast becoming Talksport without the adverts. Polarised opinions and obvious petty personal agendas played out on air.

Bob Crampsey would be spinning in his grave.

Rightly or wrongly I expect more of the BBC but obviously the dumbing down approach works well.

givescotlandfreedom
23-01-2018, 02:36 PM
He's absolutely battered Levein in his column in the paper today too.

Going against the grain here but since his retirement I've quite liked Michael Stewart. Not scared to give the Old Firm both barrels, or speak his opinion on the dinosaurs of the game, for example when he tore Billy Brown a new ********, and he's often fair or even quite complimentary about Hibs. For a Jambo he's one of the decent ones.

Do you have a link to his column today please? I can't find it online.

.Sean.
23-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Do you have a link to his column today please? I can't find it online.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2128082/hearts-craig-levein-michael-stewart/amp/

Big L
23-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Good piece, got it spot on re Levein.

johncrobertson@
23-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Excellent column by Michael Stewart - spot on!

Brunswickbill
23-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Excellent column by Michael Stewart - spot on!

All good except for his statement in second last paragraph “the Vladimir Romanov years when the Jambos spent sums of money that nowadays would be outwith their limits. “ He should have told the truth that it was money that belonged to other people. Pity he didn’t tell it straight.

gillythehibby
23-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Well done Mikey Stewart. An excellent piece. Must be yams out these hating him right now. Truth hurts

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2018, 12:01 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2128082/hearts-craig-levein-michael-stewart/amp/

Thank you

hibsbollah
24-01-2018, 12:04 AM

It really doesn't. It's ****ing horrendous. Name any sport in any country that is so poorly served by its national broadcaster and you win a coconut.