PDA

View Full Version : We go again

Souter96Mac
22-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Alright, yesterday was a poor display and result, but the season is far from over. We've got a tough run of fixtures to come, Lenny and the lads will know this, but we have every bit of chance to get through them and finish as high up in the league as we can. We still need one or two quality attack minded players to come in and give us the difference, but there's no reason we can't kick on this half of the season and fight our way further into the top 4. A couple years ago, if you had told me we would be sitting 4th in the league, unbeaten at both Ibrox and Celtic Park, with only one away defeat all season, I wouldve probably laughed. The club has come some distance since relegation, and has reconnected with the fans. But we've not peaked yet. There's still Europe to fight for this season, which will progress the club even further on. We've got a good group of young players slowly but surely coming into the team. One bad result doesn't change all of this, it should only give us a kick up the backside to push on for the rest of the season.

SideBurns
22-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Alright, yesterday was a poor display and result, but the season is far from over. We've got a tough run of fixtures to come, Lenny and the lads will know this, but we have every bit of chance to get through them and finish as high up in the league as we can. We still need one or two quality attack minded players to come in and give us the difference, but there's no reason we can't kick on this half of the season and fight our way further into the top 4. A couple years ago, if you had told me we would be sitting 4th in the league, unbeaten at both Ibrox and Celtic Park, with only one away defeat all season, I wouldve probably laughed. The club has come some distance since relegation, and has reconnected with the fans. But we've not peaked yet. There's still Europe to fight for this season, which will progress the club even further on. We've got a good group of young players slowly but surely coming into the team. One bad result doesn't change all of this, it should only give us a kick up the backside to push on for the rest of the season.

A much needed, positive and sensible post. The players who have given Celtic 3 hard games this season are still capable of keeping us in the top 6 and in the hunt for a European spot. I don't think Lennon knows what his best team or formation is yet, but in our first season back in the Premier there has been a lot to enjoy and there's no reason why the next 4 months can't remain positive. A first derby defeat since 2014 is always going to feel sore but it had to happen eventually!

SeanWilson
22-01-2018, 11:27 AM
We desperately need some final third creativity and goals - no idea where this comes from and losing Stokes certainly doesn't help either of these.

JimBHibees
22-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Yep 4 games coming thick and fast. Really need to get back at it. Our squad looks a bit light to be honest. Hopefully get one or two in pronto. Would play Rherras on Wednesday however dont see it happening.

Beefster
22-01-2018, 11:55 AM
This is probably irrational but the cliche ‘We go again’ gets right on my tits.