PDA

View Full Version : slivka

21sMay
22-01-2018, 09:50 AM
I for one think he has had unfair criticism after yesterday's match. he was the one midfielder who got forward and found space in the hearts box, if Boyle gets his head up and squares it then slivka probably scores . I think if we kept the ball better and passed well , slivka would have had a big say on the game. but the fact we were useless in possession and kept lumping aimless balls forward it kind of passed him by.
I feel if we play like we did in the first half of the season and he is played in a similar role as to yesterday we would see a very good player.

Stevie Reid
22-01-2018, 09:51 AM
I for one think he has had unfair criticism after yesterday's match. he was the one midfielder who got forward and found space in the hearts box, if Boyle gets his head up and squares it then slivka probably scores . I think if we kept the ball better and passed well , slivka would have had a big say on the game. but the fact we were useless in possession and kept lumping aimless balls forward it kind of passed him by.
I feel if we play like we did in the first half of the season and he is played in a similar role as to yesterday we would see a very good player.

Agree, I'd like to see more of him.

GreenCastle
22-01-2018, 09:54 AM
When he played against The Huns and we won - did he not play more centrally ?

For me he is more effective there and adds muscle to the middle.

Feel he’s getting a tough deal being played out of position.

Just Jimmy
22-01-2018, 09:55 AM
it was totally unfair to hardly play him then chuck him into a derby. we started with 4 central midfielders yesterday.

lennon blew that selection big time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
22-01-2018, 09:55 AM

Needs a run of games to judge him properly but his touch and passing yesterday were terrible. Needs to start taking his chances in the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Good player by all accounts. He gets a hard time on here. Needs to start on Wednesday, he needs a run of games in the team, not sporadic appearances from the bench, I also think NL will start McClaren and Rherras (sp) as Ambrose should be nowhere near RB and Shaw is isolated up top on his own.

mentalhibee
22-01-2018, 09:58 AM
I think he done ok, definitely needs a run of games and seems to have something different to our other midfielders. We need a target man this window especially if Stokes is leaving.

Tyler Durden
22-01-2018, 10:02 AM

I'm certainly not writing the guy off but he was awful yesterday and doesn't deserve any credit for getting forward - he was playing in an advanced role.

Lennon has done him no favours so far however. Playing a 3-5-2 yesterday and dropping Bartley would've been much smarter and had balance instead of having 3 players out of position. Those being Boyle, Ambrose and Slivka

Back to basics time

Zazu62
22-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Thought he was alright. We need someone to hold the ball up Shaw can’t do that

we are hibs
22-01-2018, 10:05 AM
it was totally unfair to hardly play him then chuck him into a derby. we started with 4 central midfielders yesterday.

lennon blew that selection big time.

I agree. Lennon should take the blame for hanging young Shaw out to dry too. Upfront on his own with zero support in a Derby and launching long balls to him.

SeanWilson
22-01-2018, 10:07 AM
I'm certainly not writing the guy off but he was awful yesterday and doesn't deserve any credit for getting forward - he was playing in an advanced role.

Lennon has done him no favours so far however. Playing a 3-5-2 yesterday and dropping Bartley would've been much smarter and had balance instead of having 3 players out of position. Those being Boyle, Ambrose and Slivka

Back to basics time

Bartley is first name on the sheet against that mob - no way he drops out

Tyler Durden
22-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Bartley is first name on the sheet against that mob - no way he drops out

Bartley has been great against Hearts but the team was all wrong yesterday. With no fit right back we are better in a 3-5-2 and that's not a formation that can accommodate Bartley - that's my point.

Can unpick it all now but bottom line is Lennon got the team badly wrong for the 2nd derby in a row.

hibsbollah
22-01-2018, 10:18 AM
I can't see why folk can't see it. Thoughtful player who can offer something different from McGinn but from a similar deep position. If he's fit I'd have him in every week.

bingo70
22-01-2018, 10:20 AM
I was quite disappointed with how the game passed Slivka by and it did cross my mind he’s struggling to adapt to the pace of the Scottish game.

That said though looking back it was refreshing seeing a midfielder in the opposition box, that never happens with Mcginn, Mcgeouch or Bartley. I appreciate he was in a more advance role however it was still good to see.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Looked a player when he arrived but hasn't been given a run to see if he can establish himself. Nows potentially the time.

His football brain yesterday looked a bit ahead of a few others as he got into positions but we never found him. Notably Boyle half ersed shot when a quick look up and a pass to slivka might have been better. Boyle was a headless chicken yesterday.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
22-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Looked at player when he arrived but hasn't been given a run to see if he can establish himself. Nows potentially the time.

His football brain yesterday looked a bit ahead of a few others as he got into positions but we never found him. Notably Boyle half ersed shot when a quick look up and a pass to slivka might have been better. Boyle was a headless chicken yesterday.

Slivka was no better when the ball twice fell to him in the box first half

Agree re Boyle though. Albeit he has been terrific on the right wing so why change it? It didn't work in Decembet against Hearts and yet Lennon did exact same again

CMurdoch
22-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Glad others feel the way I do about this guy.
An athlete and technically gifted international player.
He had good habits before he arrived at Hibs but at 22 he has suffered by being played in the wrong position and far too sporadically.
Should be a starter and given a free role against bottom 7 clubs to get a run of games.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Slivka was no better when the ball twice fell to him in the box first half

Agree re Boyle though. Albeit he has been terrific on the right wing so why change it? It didn't work in Decembet against Hearts and yet Lennon did exact same againI'm thinking team selection and the absence of any discernible tactics played a part as well

Pretty Boy
22-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Thought he was well off the pace and caught in possesion or beaten to the ball a lot. No doubting his effort and his performance was about what I expected from a guy who has barely played being thrown in at the deep end.

Bayern Bru
22-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Slivka set up Boyle with two great passes; one in the first half that Boyle should have put away, and another early in the second half that a proper striker (as opposed to a winger) would have at least connected with IMO.

Think people maybe forget Slivka is still only 22, has already made 22 international appearances and only played a handful of top flight games prior to coming to Hibs. I think he'll come good.

hibsbollah
22-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Thought he was well off the pace and caught in possesion or beaten to the ball a lot. No doubting his effort and his performance was about what I expected from a guy who has barely played being thrown in at the deep end.

I've been having a lot of fun mocking the yams excitement about Super Cochrane the Redeemer but to be fair he was very impressive. He seems to have a great engine and a nice pass and Slivka lost a few battles with him yesterday.

Souter96Mac
22-01-2018, 10:59 AM
I thought he played quite well in the first half, got stuck in.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2018, 11:03 AM
I've been having a lot of fun mocking the yams excitement about Super Cochrane the Redeemer but to be fair he was very impressive. He seems to have a great engine and a nice pass and Slivka lost a few battles with him yesterday.

Cochrane played well and he is also a lot better at corners than McGinn.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2018, 11:12 AM
I thought Slivka looked like a wee boy lost yesterday and I wasn't surprised in the least when he was hooked.

He must have something to offer given his "pedigree" ( if that's the appropriate term), but I've yet to spot it.

BSEJVT
22-01-2018, 11:15 AM

That's my view of Slivka also I am afraid

He looks a bit to languid for me to prosper in the SPL

Everything looks to be done at 70% of the speed required

thebausburst
22-01-2018, 11:38 AM
The guy is just bang average end of

chookyembra
22-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Completely agree with you

Pretty Boy
22-01-2018, 12:13 PM
I'd add that I think the Juventus connection is being held against him a bit unfairly. The top European clubs have a ridiculous number of players on their books; Juventus currently have 7 goalkeepers alone out on loan to other clubs and a total of 51 players overall. That's just on loan away from them and not including players under contract and playing within one of their senior or youth squads.

Clubs like Juventus have the fnancial clout that allows them the luxury of hoovering up young talent if they believe they have 'something', if they fail to develop it's no real loss. Slivka signed for them at 17 so probably falls into that bracket.

lucky
22-01-2018, 12:28 PM
I don’t care how many caps he’s got or where he came from yesterday he just never turned up. The game passed him by most of the time the rest he lost the ball. Overall he was just awful. Not seen enough of him to think he’s good enough for Hibs but on yesterday’s performance the answer is no

wookie70
22-01-2018, 12:31 PM
I think he did ok yesterday and at least makes the effort to get up to the front man. If Boyle had any vision Slivka could have been a very important player yesterday. As it was all his efforts counted for nothing as Boyle ran up one dead end after another. Difficult to know what he will be like as he doesn't get more than a game here or there and rarely plays his favourite position. He looks very good in the centre for his national side.

It isn't working with SJM, Dylan and Marv so maybe it is time to give Slivka a run in the team. Lennon needs to think about a formation that works with players in positions they are comfortable in rather than just shoehorning who he thinks his best players are.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Agree, I'd like to see more of him.

This cant be based on his performances to date ?

Needs a run of games to judge him properly but his touch and passing yesterday were terrible. Needs to start taking his chances in the first team.

I think he needs to show more before he gets a start or a run of games.

I can't see why folk can't see it. Thoughtful player who can offer something different from McGinn but from a similar deep position. If he's fit I'd have him in every week.

I cant see what you see if he is thoughtful he needs to be more active.

The problem Slivka has is a large number of people on here were hailing him as the second coming after only 2 cameo's and one 90 mins at Ibrox. Some people hyped him too much and so far he has proved he is not worth the hype. He appears to be imho a reasonable squad player who needs to do much more when he gets his chance to break in to the team.

Nicho87
22-01-2018, 12:53 PM
No from me

jacomo
22-01-2018, 01:38 PM
The problem Slivka has is a large number of people on here were hailing him as the second coming after only 2 cameo's and one 90 mins at Ibrox. Some people hyped him too much and so far he has proved he is not worth the hype. He appears to be imho a reasonable squad player who needs to do much more when he gets his chance to break in to the team.

Not every day we sign a player from Juve.

Weir07
22-01-2018, 01:50 PM
That's my view of Slivka also I am afraid

He looks a bit to languid for me to prosper in the SPL

Everything looks to be done at 70% of the speed required

Think that's it in a nutshell, not equipped for the Scottish game, about 90% certain that he won't be a regular starter and will be away in the summer.

hibee_girl
22-01-2018, 01:54 PM

:agree: I totally agree, I really like him

Broken Gnome
22-01-2018, 02:02 PM
He seems, possibly, the type that we'd write off as ineffective if being kind, pish if being unkind, if he played for another club. And once they'd granted him a season to adapt, he'd be a total standout in season two.

For that potential alone, persevere.

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Think that's it in a nutshell, not equipped for the Scottish game, about 90% certain that he won't be a regular starter and will be away in the summer.

Agree unfortuneatly.

Genuinely have no idea what people are seeing in him. He lacks pace and energy, has created very little in his time here, plays safe yet unispiring passes, caught constantly in the first half yesterday giving posession away. Just looks like he is never going to make an impact.

Apparently he is in the wrong position, not playing a role that suits him?

He has played out wide, played in centre mid and also at the tip of the diamond. So if its not any of these, where is his mythical position that will see him suddenly flourish?

There is a "player in there somewhere of course", must be cause he was at Juventus. Just like Alan O Brien was at Newcastle and Colin Murdoch was at Man United. Players in there somewhere waiting to shine.

Fraser Murray has shown more in his brief time on the pitch.

sean04
22-01-2018, 02:35 PM
The game was 100mph, ball was getting bashed from end to end like a tennis rally. Slivka is a good footballer but yesterday it was hard for anybody to make a great impression. Thought he done ok, hopefully gets a run in the team

Jones28
22-01-2018, 02:50 PM
The guy is just bang average end of

Hardly had the chance to show what he can do has he? 2 starts in 3 months?

Stokesy's on fire
22-01-2018, 02:58 PM
I don’t care how many caps he’s got or where he came from yesterday he just never turned up. The game passed him by most of the time the rest he lost the ball. Overall he was just awful. Not seen enough of him to think he’s good enough for Hibs but on yesterday’s performance the answer is no

I thought the same Slivka was posted missing yesterday.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 02:59 PM
He played well at Ibrox in a midfield 3 just being box to box. As well as showing up well in some cameo appearances.

But he's started games out wide, not his position. Then yesterday, started at the top of a diamond, not his position.

He's had a couple of chances which he hasn't fully taken but it's hard to judge someone when they've not had a proper run in their actual position.

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Imo he was very poor yesterday, think for his first start in months he couldn’t adapt to the tempo and the pitch.

Hopefully he is still in the side on Wednesday and plays the same position as yesterday (in behind the striker) and this time proves what he can do.

Saying all the above, if Boyle released him when he was through this thread could be completely different.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Hardly had the chance to show what he can do has he? 2 starts in 3 months?

Which shows just how poor an acquisition he's been to date.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Not every day we sign a player from Juve.

It is almost everyday Juve discard players that don't make it.
Big clubs now use a scatter gun approach 100's more don't make it than do. You could argue Slivka has made it as he is being paid to play football. More than he did atJuve were I believe he played next to no football.

bigwheel
22-01-2018, 07:00 PM
It is almost everyday Juve discard players that don't make it.
Big clubs now use a scatter gun approach 100's more don't make it than do. You could argue Slivka has made it as he is being paid to play football. More than he did atJuve were I believe he played next to no football.

come on now...they may hire a lot of players, but you don't get a three year deal at Juve without talent. he also has 22 International caps at such a young age....he obviously is a decent player.

Elephant Stone
22-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Until he's had a fair amount of time in his natural position I don't know how anyone can be writing him off. He's had scraps of time here and there and has been played out of position - how is he meant to adapt to the speed and physicality of the game? Having McGinn and McGeouch to compete with for CM places has made it impossible to get enough game time to judge him on.

I reckon he's shown glimpses of being a talented player, I hope he gets a decent chance to show what he can do. If it doesn't work out after that then so be it - but at the moment I don't think anyone can really say for sure he's not gonna make it.

bigwheel
22-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Until he's had a fair amount of time in his natural position I don't know how anyone can be writing him off. He's had scraps of time here and there and has been played out of position - how is he meant to adapt to the speed and physicality of the game? Having McGinn and McGeouch to compete with for CM places has made it impossible to get enough game time to judge him on.

I reckon he's shown glimpses of being a talented player, I hope he gets a decent chance to show what he can do. If it doesn't work out after that then so be it - but at the moment I don't think anyone can really say for sure he's not gonna make it.

you won't get far on here with good analysis and logic :wink: :top marks

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 07:05 PM
come on now...they may hire a lot of players, but you don't get a three year deal at Juve without talent. he also has 22 International caps at such a young age....he obviously is a decent player.

Colin Murdoch got a three year deal at Man U and earned over 30 caps for a better national side than Lithuania. Didn't make him a decent player at the top level in Scotland.

bigwheel
22-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Colin Murdoch got a three year deal at Man U and earned over 30 caps for a better national side than Lithuania. Didn't make him a decent player at the top level of Scotland.

you've hit my weak point there...always thought him as one of the worst CH's we have ever had....interestingly though, players that played with him talk fairly highly of him...

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 07:08 PM

As far as I am aware he never played for Juve and Hibs is the highest level he has played at. I think he is still trying to find his level and that may be a lower level than hibs. Not writing him off but he has it all to prove.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2018, 07:19 PM

I agree he obviously has talent, and has shown plenty glimpses of it, but as I said earlier in the thread Juventus currently have 51 players out on loan. They have a youth system and 'reserve'squad with a number of players bordering on insanity.

I'm not sure his Juventus past should be used as a positive or negative indicator of his ability. I'd like to see more of him in a Hibs shirt to make a judgement.

weecounty hibby
22-01-2018, 07:31 PM
I thought he played ok yesterday and his lack of game time recently showed. Unfortunately too many were either ok or even below ok. I would like to see him getting more starts.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Slivka had not started a match for months, he was thrown in yesterday into Scottish cup derby match. He did ok but he will need a run of games to show what he can really do and I don’t think he’ll be dropped for Dundee on Wednesday.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 07:39 PM
I thought he played ok yesterday and his lack of game time recently showed. Unfortunately too many were either ok or even below ok. I would like to see him getting more starts.

Slivka had not started a match for months, he was thrown in yesterday into Scottish cup derby match. He did ok but he will need a run of games to show what he can really do and I don’t think he’ll be dropped for Dundee on Wednesday.

Based on his performances I don't think he merits a start.
McGinn McGeoch Bartley Boyle Barclay and Fraser Murray all ahead of him.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2018, 07:40 PM

I’d persevere with him

bigwheel
22-01-2018, 07:50 PM

Think you are being harsh. People underestimate how hard it is to make an impact when you don’t get a run of games . He deserves a set of games in his natural position..then he can be properly judged

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Think you are being harsh. People underestimate how hard it is to make an impact when you don’t get a run of games . He deserves a set of games in his natural position..then he can be properly judged

We will have to disagree I think you get a chance and you grab it if you don't someone is always waiting to take your place. Slivka has IMHO never kicked on from the Ibrox game and never shown enough when given an opportunity limited or not. The only positive noted from yesterday that I have read or seen is he made a run into the box and Boyle did not see him. Nothing about creativity breaking up play or rolling his sleeves up winning his battle nothing positive in fact. For someone trying to break in to the team the least I would expect is 100% effort I did not see that.

So for that reason I will disagree and but out.

EastCalderHibby
22-01-2018, 08:01 PM
I thought the same Slivka was posted missing yesterday.

who wasn't

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 08:07 PM
who wasn't

McGeoch, Rocky , Hanlon, McGregor, Barker and Bartley maybe not very good but never posted missing

Northernhibee
22-01-2018, 08:08 PM
If Boyle had looked up he could have had a goal or two.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 08:15 PM
That is my point his only positive contribution was Boyle didn't see him.

neil7908
22-01-2018, 08:21 PM
I think there is definitely a player in there but I don't think he's had a proper run of games.

We simply have far too many similar midfield players. One of my biggest concerns with Lennon is linked to that - what's our best formation and starting 11?

Sometimes it doesn't feel like the manager knows exactly what he wants and we end up with 3 right backs, 4 central midfielders and now 4 forwards but not one established pairing.

erin go bragh
22-01-2018, 08:21 PM
He got caught out a few times , while waiting on the ball , rather than going towards the ball . Hearts players were nipping in front of him and getting the ball .

shetlandhibee
22-01-2018, 08:22 PM
If Boyle had looked up he could have had a goal or two. IMO slivka needs a bit more game time, if boyle had finished the 2 through balls from slivka(especialy the one where he just needed to side foot it in the open goal with his left foot!)this thread wouldnt be here:agree:

hibsbollah
22-01-2018, 08:41 PM
I'd also like Slivka and players like him to be given five or six games to establish themselves without being judged as pish after an occasional dodgy performance by the management and the fans. We need to take the long view.

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 08:46 PM
IMO slivka needs a bit more game time, if boyle had finished the 2 through balls from slivka(especialy the one where he just needed to side foot it in the open goal with his left foot!)this thread wouldnt be here:agree:

Boyle's great 1st half chance was not a through ball from Slivka....Shaw put it in the box and Slivka took a wild fresh air swipe at shooting before it ended up at Boyle!

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 08:52 PM
I'd also like Slivka and players like him to be given five or six games to establish themselves without being judged as pish after an occasional dodgy performance by the management and the fans. We need to take the long view.

I agree with you about run of games before saying he is pish but at the same time how are people so sure he is quality when he has shown so little?

Murray and Swanson for me have more of a shout for a run of games based on creating goals this season, albeit Murray's good work came in the League cup.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 09:54 PM

The same McGinn who has been anything but super in the last few months yet he gets a start despite poor performances. Fraser Murray ahead of Slivka? You're having a laugh! He's had even less game time than Slivka.

Whos Barclay? :confused:

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 10:26 PM
The same McGinn who has been anything but super in the last few months yet he gets a start despite poor performances. Fraser Murray ahead of Slivka? You're having a laugh! He's had even less game time than Slivka.

Whos Barclay? :confused:

Murray came in and had an impact in nearly all the games he featured in Slivka has not and don't embarrass yourself by suggesting he should start ahead of McGinn.

Barclay as you know is Marvin spell check is a terrible thing.

Apart of the performance and the goal at Ibrox what qualities have you seen in Slivka to suggest he should start ahead of the players I have named? Please don't say he needs game time he needs to prove himself when he gets the opportunity and unfortunately to date he has failed to do so. As I have said (hate to repeat myself) a reasonable squad player that needs to show far more before he gets a regular start.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Murray came in and had an impact in nearly all the games he featured in Slivka has not and don't embarrass yourself by suggesting he should start ahead of McGinn.

Barclay as you know is Marvin spell check is a terrible thing.

Apart of the performance and the goal at Ibrox what qualities have you seen in Slivka to suggest he should start ahead of the players I have named? Please don't say he needs game time he needs to prove himself when he gets the opportunity and unfortunately to date he has failed to do so. As I have said (hate to repeat myself) a reasonable squad player that needs to show far more before he gets a regular start.

Slivka played well away to Partick when Mcginn was suspended. A number of sub appearances this season he's done well.

Mcginn has been pish of late, lets not deny that now! Yet he starts every game? Is he exempt from a spell on the sidelines?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Slivka played well away to Partick when Mcginn was suspended. A number of sub appearances this season he's done well.

Mcginn has been pish of late, lets not deny that now! Yet he starts every game? Is he exempt from a spell on the sidelines?

If you are suggesting Slivka is ready to replace McGinn I think you need a break :greengrin Slivka has shown next to nothing to suggest he is ready for that role the games pass him by. No McGinn is not exempt from criticism however I also feel he is not ready for a seat on the bench based on the quality we have to take his place.

greenlex
22-01-2018, 10:41 PM

I like Slivka and I think we will see him flourish in time. He did not play well away to Patrick so stop making it up. I was really disappointed he didn’t grasp his chance with McGinn out.

greenlex
22-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Boyle's great 1st half chance was not a through ball from Slivka....Shaw put it in the box and Slivka took a wild fresh air swipe at shooting before it ended up at Boyle!
That time he dummied it to set Boyle up?

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 10:44 PM

Don’t kid yourself, that was anything but a dummy.

greenlex
22-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Don’t kid yourself, that was anything but a dummy. Yes it was he never even attempted to kick it. Perfect dummy.

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Yes it was he never even attempted to kick it. Perfect dummy.

He did try and actually ended up getting something on it as well which put it in Boyle’s path

greenlex
22-01-2018, 10:58 PM
He did try and actually ended up getting something on it as well which put it in Boyle’s path
You should watch it again. I think he’s sold you a dummy too. :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
22-01-2018, 11:57 PM
boys a player just lacking games

Hermit Crab
23-01-2018, 12:10 AM
boys a player just lacking games

:agree:

LaMotta
23-01-2018, 12:14 AM

Don’t kid yourself, that was anything but a dummy.

Yes it was he never even attempted to kick it. Perfect dummy.

Ah come on your pulling our legs here lexo, surely?? :greengrin

The_Horde
23-01-2018, 12:17 AM

No way that was a shot. He's deliberately helped it on. Very clever and instinctual.

LaMotta
23-01-2018, 12:32 AM
No way that was a shot. He's deliberately helped it on. Very clever and instinctual.

Nah, it was a dummy.:greengrin

The_Horde
23-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Nah, it was a dummy.:greengrin

That explains the lack of movement then..

basehibby
23-01-2018, 01:15 AM

Really? No worse than most on that pitch I would say. Slivka has not exactly set the heather on fire so far but he's done nothing much wrong either that I can remember - and scored a cracker against der hun earlier in the season IIRC. He's generally good at keeping posession but would like to see a bit more going forward - he's being kept out of the side by two very good midfielders in McGeouch and McGinn and I hope he raises his game to meet that challenge

Eaststandee
23-01-2018, 03:13 AM
He was dropped the game after he scored the screamer at Ibrox, so I would be surprised if he was picked on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-01-2018, 03:26 AM
If he was signed as SJM's replacement then maybe we won't see the best of him until McGinn leaves?

greenlex
23-01-2018, 06:41 AM
Ah come on your pulling our legs here lexo, surely?? :greengrin

Course I am. Point is it wasn’t a wild swipe but more of a nick as he tried to guide it in. Have to make allowances for the tattie field.

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Keep hearing that Sivka will come good, has pedigree, is being played out of position.Hardly seen anything from him to convince me to be honest.

Sammy7nil
23-01-2018, 07:50 AM
If he was signed as SJM's replacement then maybe we won't see the best of him until McGinn leaves?

If he was signed as SMc replacement we are in trouble :greengrin

Tollhouse Hibee
23-01-2018, 07:54 AM

agree 100%

LaMotta
23-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Course I am. Point is it wasn’t a wild swipe but more of a nick as he tried to guide it in. Have to make allowances for the tattie field.

One thing for sure is that there is no way it was a glorious clever through ball for Boyle.

greenlex
23-01-2018, 12:32 PM
One thing for sure is that there is no way it was a glorious clever through ball for Boyle.

Dunno about that.😁

LaMotta
23-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Dunno about that.😁

:tee hee:

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Dunno about that.😁

Slivka, you never had the best game. It’s fine, it’s done now we can all move on.

There’s no need for you to come on and try convince us you did.

Sammy7nil
24-01-2018, 06:45 PM
I hope Slivka proves me wrong tonight Com'n the Cabbage:aok:

Gmack7
24-01-2018, 10:47 PM
seems to have played well tonight in his preferred central position.

cabbage_88
24-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Thought he was outstanding tonight. Hopefully he can kick on from here and get some consistency and good game time in that central position.

Keep that up big man!

calumhibee1
24-01-2018, 10:56 PM
MOTM for me. Swanson also looked very good when he came on.

GreenOnions
24-01-2018, 10:59 PM
MOTM for me. Swanson also looked very good when he came on.

Both of these are excellent news for us :agree: Good to hear.

GreenCastle
24-01-2018, 11:01 PM
seems to have played well tonight in his preferred central position.

Posted earlier in this thread.

Play him central and he will do well!

He’s not a right midfielder !

Well done Slivka!

CL0762
24-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Done well in the run up to the goal.

I really like him and think he could become a superb player for us.

Mikey09
24-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Classy player. Needs a run of games beside McGinn and McGeouch.

21sMay
24-01-2018, 11:30 PM
was good tonight . he will get goals from midfield in time . well done tonight

neil7908
25-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Best player on the pitch tonight. Made me feel a lot happier about the state of our midfield if/when McGeough and McGinn leave

Stevie Reid
25-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Really impressed (and not at all surprised) at his performance tonight. Quality.

Unseen work
25-01-2018, 12:09 AM
Very good.

His close control and crisp passes are fantastic to see, the most pleasant thing to me though is his forward runs. He seems to really want to get into the opposition penalty box

Brilliant skill for the goal.

Ozyhibby
25-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Excellent performance. Gave us something extra going forward.

The_Horde
25-01-2018, 12:20 AM
He was good tonight. Don't think he's capable of stepping into the role of Dylan or John though, see him as more of an icing on the cake type of player.. A number 10.

Still want to see him take on people and have a dig more often.

Hermit Crab
25-01-2018, 12:24 AM
My MOTM tonight by a country mile! Great player.

Capt Mainwaring
25-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Much much better performance from Slivka tonight. Covered a load of ground, helped out defence and made good forward runs. Much better in a central role 👍

Big L
25-01-2018, 12:29 AM

Agree, thought he was really good tonight. Needs game time in the position he played tonight and lets face it, you don't get 22 caps at his age if you don't have real talent.

Tornadoes70
25-01-2018, 12:32 AM
Certainly one of a number of candidates for motm tonight. He had a very good game with intelligent link up play between the midfield and forwards. Ambrose was another candidate who oozed class virtually the whole match. Overall a thoroughly very good all round team performance. A well deserved win.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Hermit Crab
25-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Certainly one of a number of candidates for motm tonight. He had a very good game with intelligent link up play between the midfield and forwards. Ambrose was another candidate who oozed class virtually the whole match. Overall a thoroughly very good all round team performance. A well deserved win.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Nah, he had one or two hairy moments and I worry about him playing on Saturday, he's far too casual at times.

Tornadoes70
25-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Nah, he had one or two hairy moments and I worry about him playing on Saturday, he's far too casual at times.

I thought he was excellent tonight.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Sir David Gray
25-01-2018, 12:43 AM

I thought he played well in the second half. First half was a bit iffy at times.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2018, 12:56 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Ambrose was truly excellent tonight. I would have given him MOM before McGinn who was lucky to stay on the park, although apart from that, he did have a decent game.

There's a lot of confirmation bias going on when it comes to Ambrose. People watch him and wait for a misplaced pass or a lost tackle in order to confirm their negative opinion of him.

I recorded the game and I'm going to watch it again tomorrow, firstly to confirm that Effect was awesome, but also to look at Slivka again as I didn't see him in the same glowing light that others did.

Captain Trips
25-01-2018, 12:58 AM
Very good tonight will get better. We have a good one here

The Harp
25-01-2018, 01:36 AM
Was very impressed with Slivka's performance tonight, great to see. Thought Swanson did well too when he came on, hope this ends all the speculation of him going out on loan.

JimBHibees
25-01-2018, 07:34 AM

A good performance I would say but needs to be more commanding and improve but promising performance.

essexhibee
25-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Finally played through the middle where he is best! There is a real player there....just not out wide on a wing with his lack of pace. :aok:

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-01-2018, 08:03 AM
It's no surprise to me that Slivka played well on the big pitch last night with more time and freedom. Personally I was amazed we chucked him in to the starting line up on Sunday on the tight pitch playing at 100 MPH

He's not had a great deal of game time and he's spent time out on the right of midfield which he clearly isn't comfortable playing. Put SJM out there and see how great he does. But he does have some nice touches.

We created a lot of chances last night and 2 or 3 of them came from his through balls so I'd like to see him given a chance over the next few games.

Foreign players can take time to settle to a new league particularly the rigours of Scottish football.

Give him a chance. Not 6 months playing little football or out of your natural position

Paloschi
25-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Pleased for him. We must keep that midfield three as it had everything. Slivka makes us much more positive and needs a run in the team.

calumhibee1
25-01-2018, 09:17 AM
It's no surprise to me that Slivka played well on the big pitch last night with more time and freedom. Personally I was amazed we chucked him in to the starting line up on Sunday on the tight pitch playing at 100 MPH

He's not had a great deal of game time and he's spent time out on the right of midfield which he clearly isn't comfortable playing. Put SJM out there and see how great he does. But he does have some nice touches.

We created a lot of chances last night and 2 or 3 of them came from his through balls so I'd like to see him given a chance over the next few games.

Foreign players can take time to settle to a new league particularly the rigours of Scottish football.

Give him a chance. Not 6 months playing little football or out of your natural position

His ball through to Barker for a one on one on his left foot was outstanding.

Lee Marvin
25-01-2018, 09:19 AM

Mcginn aside, he was the best player on the park the last time we played at parkhead! (Albeit in his natural position)

Captain Trips
25-01-2018, 09:30 AM
His ball through to Barker for a one on one on his left foot was outstanding.

Pass of the night and deserved finished.

BSEJVT
25-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Slivka is a fine footballer who over the piece did well enough last night.

Has a good eye for a pass and most of the time a good weight of pass

It would be unfair to judge him on that one performance but the amount of times he made a half hearted job of closing a player down without either preventing the pass or better still putting in a tackle wasn't good.

Perfectly prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt of not being match fit and off the pace but IMO he will need to improve in those areas

FWIW I expect he will.

I would like to see him get a run in the team to show what he can do over a sustained period.

J-C
25-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Watched the game on Alba last night and was very impressed by Slivka, I've been wanting him in the team far more as I feel the midfield is better balanced with him there, he likes to get forward and has good feet with crisp passing.

Smartie
25-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Slivka is a fine footballer who over the piece did well enough last night.

Has a good eye for a pass and most of the time a good weight of pass

It would be unfair to judge him on that one performance but the amount of times he made a half hearted job of closing a player down without either preventing the pass or better still putting in a tackle wasn't good.

Perfectly prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt of not being match fit and off the pace but IMO he will need to improve in those areas

FWIW I expect he will.

I would like to see him get a run in the team to show what he can do over a sustained period.

The thing I always think about Slivka is that he can improve - that's not a criticism, it is a compliment.

There are players that have found their level, that won't get any better.

Slivka needs to be playing every week to improve.

He's not the finished article but he's worthy of a place in the team.

Bartley is a very useful player but I wouldn't play him every week. I thought the balance in midfield was better last night with Slivka providing a greater attacking threat.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2018, 11:33 AM
The thing I always think about Slivka is that he can improve - that's not a criticism, it is a compliment.

There are players that have found their level, that won't get any better.

Slivka needs to be playing every week to improve.

He's not the finished article but he's worthy of a place in the team.

Bartley is a very useful player but I wouldn't play him every week. I thought the balance in midfield was better last night with Slivka providing a greater attacking threat.

:agree:

Always looked to get forward, always looked to play the ball forward when in possession, and took up some really good advanced positions when making himself available for a pass.

Only 22 as well.

Stonewall
25-01-2018, 11:37 AM
I thought Silvia had a quiet first half but was excellent in the second half. Not sure he put in a tackle all night though and his closing down lacked conviction. First time I've seen him impose himself on a game.

Any word on Dylan. He was struggling at the end of the game and looked to be feeling his groin. Nothing too serious I hope.

rossevenil
25-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Watched on ALBA last night and though first half he looked to play safe to often or was it because of lack of attacking options? Always seemed to look for the "Safe" pass,second half however he looked
like a completely different player,suddenly looked full of confidence,taking the ball and keeping it before making some great passes!
Hopefully he will find his confidence coming back now as looks a very decent player when he shows up.

hibbyfraelibby
25-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Any word on Dylan. He was struggling at the end of the game and looked to be feeling his groin. Nothing too serious I hope.

Dylan is always holding his groin...dont panic.😁

Smartie
25-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Dylan is always holding his groin...dont panic.😁

As long as he's not holding his groin because he's spotted a sheep then we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Sammy7nil
25-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Ambrose was truly excellent tonight. I would have given him MOM before McGinn who was lucky to stay on the park, although apart from that, he did have a decent game.

There's a lot of confirmation bias going on when it comes to Ambrose. People watch him and wait for a misplaced pass or a lost tackle in order to confirm their negative opinion of him.

I recorded the game and I'm going to watch it again tomorrow, firstly to confirm that Effect was awesome, but also to look at Slivka again as I didn't see him in the same glowing light that others did.

I tend to agree I thought he was good but some of the comments "Excellent" "Outstanding" "Very Impressed" don't fit with what I saw. He was good last night and certainly much better than his last 4 or 5 performances I hope he continues to improve.

I still think there are quite a few on here that are too quick to offer lavish praise or totally dismiss players based on one or two games lets just give Slivka time.

KWJ
25-01-2018, 12:36 PM
His play in the buildup to the goal alone merits he keeps his place. He was good going forward, not the best defensively. No idea why he wasnt in the box for corners.

Heisenberg
25-01-2018, 01:16 PM
I’d keep Slivka in the team ahead of Bartley for the foreseeable.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Last night's MOM for me. Showed great energy and purpose, has a nice touch and can pass. Glad he is here.

scoopyboy
25-01-2018, 01:47 PM
I thought Slivka was excellent last night.

Has the beating of a player and good with distribution.

On another note, from behind the goals the Dens Park pitch looked very wide and I've never noticed that before.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2018, 02:21 PM
I’d keep Slivka in the team ahead of Bartley for the foreseeable.

I thought we missed Bartley.

Dundee had far more freedom in the last third than they would have had if Marvin was playing.

Not In The Know
25-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Just about every Chelsea fan slated Drogba in his first season for them. The rest is history.

Slivka has has been decent so far. I reckon he will get even better. He just needs time to adjust. His touch last night to set up space for the cross to SJM was different class.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Dundee had far more freedom in the last third than they would have had if Marvin was playing.

Also true. Lack of cover any time the back lot got dragged out of position. The McGowan header in the first half being an example of Darren McGregor being sucked elsewhere, no one to block a pass or stop the cross. Luckily he shut his eyes and missed it, the scrote.

Sammy7nil
25-01-2018, 03:05 PM

We missed him when he went off in the Derby the break leading to the corner they scored from would imho have been broken up by Marv.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2018, 03:10 PM
We missed him when he went off in the Derby the break leading to the corner they scored from would imho have been broken up by Marv.

Yep, annoying. Hearts should've been a man down after the challenge on Marv - instead, we lost him to injury.

J-C
25-01-2018, 04:26 PM

If you want to be more expansive you have to either give more space in the middle or find a player with Bartley's strength but also has the passing range of McGeouch, not many of those players knocking about I'm afraid.

I'm happy to not play Bartley against teams like Dundee as it allows us to play a more attacking way.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 04:33 PM
If you want to be more expansive you have to either give more space in the middle or find a player with Bartley's strength but also has the passing range of McGeouch, not many of those players knocking about I'm afraid.

I'm happy to not play Bartley against teams like Dundee as it allows us to play a more attacking way.

Take a gamble you mean? We were caught out a couple of times last night.

Smartie
25-01-2018, 04:36 PM
If we'd played Bartley instead of Slivka, I reckon we'd have looked more solid and been more comfortable but drawn 0-0.

Sometimes we need to take a gamble and not play Bartley. Not playing a player as effective as Bartley IS a gamble, but sometimes a gamble worth taking.

On certain other occasions Bartley is 100% the man to play.

McGinn or McGeouch should never be missing a game through choice.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 04:51 PM
If we'd played Bartley instead of Slivka, I reckon we'd have looked more solid and been more comfortable but drawn 0-0.

Sometimes we need to take a gamble and not play Bartley. Not playing a player as effective as Bartley IS a gamble, but sometimes a gamble worth taking.

On certain other occasions Bartley is 100% the man to play.

McGinn or McGeouch should never be missing a game through choice.

Not spoiling for an argument, but do we really need to take a gamble when facing bottom 6 sides halfway into the season? We've got plenty creativity when they all do their jobs.
I like a settled 11 with options on the bench.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Not spoiling for an argument, but do we really need to take a gamble when facing bottom 6 sides halfway into the season? We've got plenty creativity when they all do their jobs.

This is my view.

I'm not going to suggest that I know exactly how to set the team up, but being solid at the back would be a priority.

Do we need to play 2 wingers? Couldn't we keep one on the bench and add to the midfield strength?

If we'd played Bartley instead of say Boyle, that would have allowed McGinn and Slivka even more freedom to go forward whilst stopping Dundee.

As I said, I don't have a panacea, but despite all the possession we had, Dundee looked as likely to score, if not more so and I don't like that.

Smartie
25-01-2018, 05:12 PM

I think we've struggled for creativity at times. Not sure why, but we have, and I wonder if the balance in centre mid has been part of it?

I like Bartley, McGinn and McGeouch individually, but I do think that we struggle to create at times when we play all three.

Facing bottom 6 sides halfway into the season is exactly when I'd take the gamble.

Never would I go into a game with Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen or Hearts without Bartley though, and as I said I would never want to leave out McGinn or McGeouch.

Playing them all has generally worked quite well against the bigger teams in the bigger games. We've struggled a bit with them against the other teams.

From the bit of the game I saw, I'll admit that we looked more open than usual though.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 06:02 PM
I think we've struggled for creativity at times. Not sure why, but we have, and I wonder if the balance in centre mid has been part of it?

I like Bartley, McGinn and McGeouch individually, but I do think that we struggle to create at times when we play all three.

Facing bottom 6 sides halfway into the season is exactly when I'd take the gamble.

Never would I go into a game with Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen or Hearts without Bartley though, and as I said I would never want to leave out McGinn or McGeouch.

Playing them all has generally worked quite well against the bigger teams in the bigger games. We've struggled a bit with them against the other teams.

From the bit of the game I saw, I'll admit that we looked more open than usual though.

Slivka was excellent at Ibrox and very good at Parkhead and we got very good results so we are kind of losing the thread.
I'd take each game the same. Get a settled 11 and let the players play on merit. If Bartley, only for example, can play well against Celtic, then Hamilton should not trouble him. Neither should St Johnstone, Killie, Dundee or Hearts. Squad game though and Neil's the boss.

Clerie Green
25-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Of the subject , but the news reporter on STV has just stated that
the streets around Easter Road will be thronging with supporters
when Hibs take on Celtic here on Saturday.
Anybody want to buy my Celtic Park tickets ?

kaimendhibs
25-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Anybody want to buy my Celtic Park tickets ?Saw that. Lazy journalism

Broken Gnome
25-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Saw that. Lazy journalism

Sportscene's Saturday preview says the same. You'd almost think they were all useless.

Wilson
25-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Anybody want to buy my Celtic Park tickets ?

He said "hoaching". Seems he is not the only one capable of dodgy reporting ;)

Great word that - hoaching.

Scooter
27-01-2018, 05:08 PM
He was fantastic again today. I really really like the look of him as a footballer. Personally potentially the best at the club

Cod Boy
27-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Lucky not to be sent off today

Hibee Mac
27-01-2018, 05:10 PM
I agree, he needs game time in the starting lineup, good player with composure which we lack in the rest of the side.

Mikey
27-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Lucky not to be sent off today

Can't believe he escaped a booking when he caught the ball.

Otherwise he was very good.

Mikey09
27-01-2018, 05:24 PM
Said it numerous times. He needs a run in the team and in his correct position. Top player.

inglisavhibs
27-01-2018, 05:26 PM
He was fantastic again today. I really really like the look of him as a footballer. Personally potentially the best at the club
More often than not it takes overseas players a while to get used to Scottish football. Hopefully be a big player for us, especially next season. Needs to believe in himself a bit more.

Scooter
27-01-2018, 05:38 PM
I actually think that selling Mcginn and slotting slivka in his place would work out well for us. This is nothing against John Hes a super player undropable but I think slivka would have more attacking threat

Sir David Gray
27-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Definitely fortunate not to be sent off today.

He was lucky not to be booked when he caught the ball before it went out for a throw in, I have no idea what went through his mind there. He then was booked and then afterwards he threw the ball down onto the ground in frustration as Celtic were awarded a free kick. If he hadn't already been on a booking then I'm sure he would have been booked for doing that.

Vini1875
27-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Don't get it with this guy. OK he shows some nice touches every now and then, but he is chicken hearted. There are long periods in games where he does nothing or just passes the ball away anywhere rather than take any type of responsibilty. For me he is another in a very long list of almost decent players who never made the transition from potential to talent.

sean04
27-01-2018, 06:07 PM
O think he's doing well, only going to get better

SChibs
27-01-2018, 06:10 PM
His run through the middle first half is what wee have been missing of late. Somehow the ref didn't book the player that fouled him on the the though. I can sorta understand his frustration when he threw the ball down cause it was a clear booking for the Celtic player for that too

madhatter
27-01-2018, 06:17 PM
He needs time. He came from Juventus but clearly wasn't close to being a starter there. No clear indication how much first team football he has played in last 18 months. How many starts has he actually had for us? I'd guess only around 10...at most. Obviously came on as sub more but that doesn't mean much.

He is looking better week by week, time will tell but I think he looks a good player.

Juventus to Hibs...we weren't going to get Dybala so I think time is least we can give him, he is only 22 as well.

22 Caps for Lithuania and 22 years old but fans think he is average...fans forget Rowan Vine and players like that?

hibsbollah
27-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Don't get it with this guy. OK he shows some nice touches every now and then, but he is chicken hearted. There are long periods in games where he does nothing or just passes the ball away anywhere rather than take any type of responsibilty. For me he is another in a very long list of almost decent players who never made the transition from potential to talent.

I think what you're describing is him staying in position and not chasing the ball everywhere SPL style. He's settling in to a regular place and doing fine imo.

Hiber-nation
27-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Decent second half today. Needs to demand the ball more.

Cammy
27-01-2018, 07:35 PM

I couldn’t disagree more. The more game time he’s getting the more influential he is becoming. He also looks like he wants to get involved in more attacks than any of our other central midfielders. Looks a good player to me.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Best game in a Hibs shirt so far today.

EL Green
27-01-2018, 10:04 PM
As many have said, the more game time he gets the better he is going to become.

vuefrom1875
27-01-2018, 10:41 PM
As many have said, the more game time he gets the better he is going to become.

Had a good game, improving all the time.And a bit of passion.

Unseen work
28-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Only saw the second half today and he was playing deeper in the midfield. Not the same position as Wednesday.

I thought he was quite quiet and done ok, a couple of really nice passes.

I just wish he demanded the ball more and played more forward passes as he 100% has the ability to do it with either foot.

MagicSwirlingShip
28-01-2018, 04:35 AM
I think we all need to remember that Slivka is a young player, in a foreign country, still adapting to our style of play, the Scottish League, his team mates, and being played mostly out of position.

In my opinion this lad has all the raw ingredients to be a very big player for us over the next few years. Patience.

hibbyfraelibby
28-01-2018, 08:20 PM
I think Lennon is managing Vicky intelligently. He has come from Italian football into the Scottish game like moving off Mogadon and on to Speed. He has been on the bench most of the season but when he gets a chance he shows he has the goods. Now he is getting more game time and starts you can see him adapting to our game. He is a 3 year project not to rushed.