PDA

View Full Version : Ross County 7th April

BS44
22-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Drunkenly I've made a shambles of our group's train tickets to Inverness. So, luckily for one of you lot I now have a spare train ticket on the Saturday morning from Edinburgh to Inversneckie for the huge amount of five pounds. Anyone who wants it just give me a holler

Train leaves Edinburgh at 05.30 Saturday morning :whistle:

NthCarolinaHibs
22-01-2018, 05:59 AM
Trains coming back are brutal...have to change at Perth an Dundee..😞

Albanian Hibs
22-01-2018, 08:06 AM
Trains coming back are brutal...have to change at Perth an Dundee..😞

Went by train the last time. Changed at Stirling. Good day out.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Drunkenly I've made a shambles of our group's train tickets to Inverness. So, luckily for one of you lot I now have a spare train ticket on the Saturday morning from Edinburgh to Inversneckie for the huge amount of five pounds. Anyone who wants it just give me a holler

Train leaves Edinburgh at 05.30 Saturday morning :whistle:

There is no 05:30 to Inverness, there is a 05:30 to Aberdeen though. Its then another 2 hours 30 minutes from Aberdeen across to Inverness.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Engineering works that weekend means there are no direct trains from Edinburgh to Inverness. You have to go via Aberdeen, if you don't get the 07:30 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen you wont make the game as you need to make the connection at Aberdeen for Inverness. Coming back on the Sunday involves buses depending on what time you travel.

NthCarolinaHibs
22-01-2018, 08:44 AM
We're driving to Perth then train from there 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬🍷

BS44
22-01-2018, 01:43 PM
There is no 05:30 to Inverness, there is a 05:30 to Aberdeen though. Its then another 2 hours 30 minutes from Aberdeen across to Inverness.

That is how we are doing it and it only cost a very reasonable £11.80, the train gets us into Inverness at roughly 10.30. Coming back the same route and it's a fiver from Inverness to Aberdeen, and another fiver from Aberdeen back down the road.

The spare ticket I have is the same 0530 train but you get off Dundee, then a bus to Perth, and finally back on the choo-choo to Inverness, and gets you in at 1030 also. Guess the bus bit must be for the engineering works you mentioned