PDA

View Full Version : Their Goal

Real Emerald
21-01-2018, 11:17 PM
It was a tight game in bad conditions on a terrible pitch. We didn’t play well and on balance probably deserved nothing from the game but the breaks they continually seem to get against us are unreal.

Last game we hit the underside of the bar, ball hits the ground behind the goal line, spins out and we are denied a perfectly good goal. Today we block a header on the line, ball goes away from the goal and without anyone else touching it spins back over the line to about the exact same spot where our non goal landed. We also had McGinn on his arse unable to clear it. Someday these breaks will go our way.

green is good
21-01-2018, 11:20 PM
The amount of luck they seem to carry in the derby is just insane.

BS44
21-01-2018, 11:20 PM
It was a tight game in bad conditions on a terrible pitch. We didn’t play well and on balance probably deserved nothing from the game but the breaks they continually seem to get against us are unreal.

Last game we hit the underside of the bar, ball hits the ground behind the goal line, spins out and we are denied a perfectly good goal. Today we block a header on the line, ball goes away from the goal and without anyone else touching it spins back over the line to about the exact same spot where our non goal landed. We also had McGinn on his arse unable to clear it. Someday these breaks will go our way.

Pitch was fine, a little greasy but otherwise okay.

Remember that two teams played on the terrible pitch, it's not and can't be a excuse for that shambles today

stonewaller1875
21-01-2018, 11:22 PM

Remember that two teams played on the terrible pitchThey play on it week in week out its suits their hoofball not our football

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
21-01-2018, 11:33 PM
They scored, we never, in fact we never looked like scoring, we can have no complaints. Got what we deserved, hee haw!!

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 11:35 PM
They scored, we never, i fact we never looked like scoring, we can have no complaints. Got what we deserved, hee haw!!

We did look like scoring on a couple of occasions, unfortunately those chances fell to Boyle.

gaz1875
21-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Bad luck and even worse defending.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2018, 11:37 PM
We did look like scoring on a couple of occasions, unfortunately those chances fell to Boyle.

Powederpuff upfront!

lapsedhibee
21-01-2018, 11:37 PM
One of which he struck excellently and was very well saved.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2018, 11:44 PM
One of which he struck excellently and was very well saved.

One forced save in 90 minutes! Laughable!

BS44
21-01-2018, 11:52 PM
They play on it week in week out its suits their hoofball not our football

Horses for courses

We played the long ball much more than that lot today

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Horses for courses

We played the long ball much more than that lot today

because we simply had to :dunno:

wookie70
22-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Just watched the goal on Hibs TV.

Berra has his hands all over the back of Hanlon. What was our plan at that corner. Murray totally leaves Naismith to wander into a goal scoring position, McGeogh yet again ball watches and moves away from Cowie who ends up scoring, McGinn isn't marking at any point and runs back to get on the near post thereby playing the scorer and Naismith onside and making it difficult to defend the post.

Our defending is absolutely brutal at times and Dylan really lets himself down quite often not tracking back and now ball watching. Even after all that I have no idea how Rocky or McGinn managed to allow the ball to cross the line. If McGinn had simply marked the near post that was never going to be a goal.

I think we would get more wins if we just concentrated on doing the basics right. We are simply a mess when it comes to defending and attacking set pieces.

BS44
22-01-2018, 12:19 AM
because we simply had to :dunno:,

Okay, why?

Don't blame the pitch

truehibernian
22-01-2018, 12:25 AM

Berra has his hands all over the back of Hanlon. What was our plan at that corner. Murray totally leaves Naismith to wander into a goal scoring position, McGeogh yet again ball watches and moves away from Cowie who ends up scoring, McGinn isn't marking at any point and runs back to get on the near post thereby playing the scorer and Naismith onside and making it difficult to defend the post.

Our defending is absolutely brutal at times and Dylan really lets himself down quite often not tracking back and now ball watching. Even after all that I have no idea how Rocky or McGinn managed to allow the ball to cross the line. If McGinn had simply marked the near post that was never going to be a goal.

I think we would get more wins if we just concentrated on doing the basics right. We are simply a mess when it comes to defending and attacking set pieces.

I'm old school, have players hugging each post, ball is cleared. To be fair we usually do have at least Lewy on a post.

We lost by a set piece - my disappointment is we don't work keepers or have the same luck from the multitude of corners we have. Needs addressed and we need to be more physical at corners - and take McGinn off them :aok:

eastcoasthibby
22-01-2018, 12:27 AM
They scored, we never, in fact we never looked like scoring, we can have no complaints. Got what we deserved, hee haw!!

In quite a few games recently we have created very little and not taking good chances when they do appear is a massive.problem ...hope MCLaren makes a difference ..if not we are going into the bottom 6 !!

BS44
22-01-2018, 12:36 AM
I'm old school, have players hugging each post, ball is cleared. To be fair we usually do have at least Lewy on a post.

We lost by a set piece - my disappointment is we don't work keepers or have the same luck from the multitude of corners we have. Needs addressed and we need to be more physical at corners - and take McGinn off them :aok:

We only managed one corner today.

Set pieces can be crucial in games where teams are pretty much as good or as bad as each other. That lot's corners and free kicks were much better than ours today, but just about everyone we've played this this season have been more effective than us from corners/freekicks

truehibernian
22-01-2018, 12:44 AM
We only managed one corner today.

Set pieces can be crucial in games where teams are pretty much as good or as bad as each other. That lot's corners and free kicks were much better than ours today, but just about everyone we've played this this season have been more effective than us from corners/freekicks

True bud, I was also meaning taking SJM off free kicks when I said set pieces. I've yet to see him really fizz one in and they generally are floated into the keeper's arms. The other thing I hate seeing is this kick off where he kicks it right, more often than not into touch. Keep possession and stay composed. We have yet to profit from any long hoof to the sidelines after a kick off. When you become that predictable, you become easy to defend against. Just keep the ball.

wookie70
22-01-2018, 12:59 AM
True bud, I was also meaning taking SJM off free kicks when I said set pieces. I've yet to see him really fizz one in and they generally are floated into the keeper's arms. The other thing I hate seeing is this kick off where he kicks it right, more often than not into touch. Keep possession and stay composed. We have yet to profit from any long hoof to the sidelines after a kick off. When you become that predictable, you become easy to defend against. Just keep the ball.

I seem to remember is getting a throw in once from Korea. I expect SJM under hit it

BS44
22-01-2018, 01:01 AM
True bud, I was also meaning taking SJM off free kicks when I said set pieces. I've yet to see him really fizz one in and they generally are floated into the keeper's arms. The other thing I hate seeing is this kick off where he kicks it right, more often than not into touch. Keep possession and stay composed. We have yet to profit from any long hoof to the sidelines after a kick off. When you become that predictable, you become easy to defend against. Just keep the ball. The first five minutes of the second half was a absolute shambles from Hibs today, and it all started from McGinn taking kick-off and punting it directly out the park, if that's our tactic when taking centre at least do it properly and punt it out somewhere near the corner flag and not as - as today - somewhere between the halfway line and in line with their penalty box.

McGinn did fizz in the corner which led upto Hnalon's equaliser a couple of year ago at Tynecastle. The rest as they say is history :flag:

ozwoody
22-01-2018, 01:16 AM
My concern is that when Berra headed the ball towards goal, there were 2 hearts players in the 6 yard box unmarked waiting for the knockdown.tracking of those runners and ball watching is defending 101.

JimBHibees
22-01-2018, 07:04 AM

Remember that two teams played on the terrible pitch, it's not and can't be a excuse for that shambles today

Pitch was awful players constantly slipping on it. They haven't had a game on it for about a month why was it so bad.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2018, 07:10 AM
because we simply had to :dunno:

How did they manage to knock it about then?

Jones28
22-01-2018, 07:28 AM

Tbf I don't think anyone can describe what we played today as football.

MB62
22-01-2018, 09:55 AM
How did they manage to knock it about then?

Did they?

Two poor teams playing on a poor surface in poor conditions. The less worst team won but nothing to get excited about on either side.

KWJ
22-01-2018, 11:28 AM

This. I don't really think it was a foul by Berra, we'd be raging if it went the other way. He just got up above Hanlon. What's everyone else doing though - shocking, schoolboy stuff.

SeanWilson
22-01-2018, 11:31 AM
This. I don't really think it was a foul by Berra, we'd be raging if it went the other way. He just got up above Hanlon. What's everyone else doing though - shocking, schoolboy stuff.

Absolutely criminal to have two opposition players on the 6 yard line with no one on them 😱 I disagree re McGinn - he's the only one doing his job.

broondog
22-01-2018, 11:38 AM
said it many times before but they are the luckiest team on the planet both on and off the field. You´ve got to think it will swing our way eventually. That´s twice in recent seasons we have scored legitimate goals against them that haven´t counted! both of those decisions have lost us 4 points, disgrace!

Colr
22-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Whe Wolves won the old English First Division, they would deliberately soak their pitch to tunr it into a mudbath before every home game. They were used to the attrocious conditions so it gave them an advantage.

We should never have got rid of the slope.

Firestarter
22-01-2018, 11:56 AM

What footbal??

Keith_M
22-01-2018, 12:02 PM

:agree:

Just not good enough.

emerald green
22-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Spot on. Hibs defending of corners and/or high balls into the box is poor and weak at times, and it cost us our place in the cup yesterday.

The challenge (from Hanlon I think?) on Berra looked weak. Then Cowie and Naismith find themselves without a Hibs player near them on the 6 yard line. Three minutes from the end of a Scottish Cup tie with the score at 0-0!

A mis-hit powder puff "shot" then isn't cleared by McGinn, nor Marciano. To cap it all, the ball somehow spins back across the goal line. Yet Shaw's shot the other week crosses the line then spins back out. With luck (and defending) like that you don't need to be very good.