PDA

View Full Version : efe

we are hibs
21-01-2018, 06:59 PM
When he's good he's good but when he's bad he's awful. His positional sense today was shocking. They kept getting in behind us and he was clearly being targeted by hearts. Out of position and McGregor and mcgeouch having to clear up after him. Zero urgency, I get he's laidback but Jesus, there are players running at him at 100mph and he's thinking he's got all the Time in the world. To be fair to him Boyle didn't help much defensively but it Really is scandalous he wasn't subbed, I get being loyal to players but it Was obvious he was really struggling. You could clearly see Marciano, McGregor, Hanlon and Lennon all screaming at him and getting very agitated with him at times because of him making mistakes but it just doesn't seem to go in at all

And before anyone starts I like Efe and think he's a very good footballer but performances like today aren't on especially seeing as he was making the same mistakes as in Aberdeen a month ago. And I realise he wasn't the only one who was bad today.

greenlex
21-01-2018, 07:02 PM
He not a right back. I’ll bet the new boy starts wed.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2018, 07:07 PM
I like Efe, but today was the worst, of the worst side of him, just waiting for a calamity every time he got the ball.

21-01-2018, 07:08 PM
When he's good he's excellent, when he's bad he's an absolute nightmare. Pretty much sums it up for me.

I like Efe but God Almighty he had an absolute stinker today. Looked so uncomfortable every time he was on the ball. I appreciate right back is not his natural position but some of the stuff today was just inexcusable.

adhibs
21-01-2018, 07:12 PM
The new boy has to start against Dundee, cant decide if it should be at ambrose or stevensons expense though.

flash
21-01-2018, 07:18 PM
The new boy has to start against Dundee, cant decide if it should be at ambrose or stevensons expense though.

They both need replaced. Modern football requires full backs who get forward and create. Neither of them is remotely capable of that.

GillyHibee
21-01-2018, 07:18 PM
The frustrating thing is, he can do the hard stuff so easy, and the easy stuff is difficult! Like today, dispossessed some Yam with a perfectly timed tackle, and then passes it across the edge of the box and loses it!

Bomb scare is an understatement. I think a couple matches on the side lines may sort it - more comfortable with Daz and Paul at CB than Ambrose. Don't get me wrong on his day, he is great, but today was not one of those days. :dunno:

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 07:19 PM
He was efe bad the day

we are hibs
21-01-2018, 07:22 PM

Thought stevenson was okay today but didn't have much to do cause they went down our right and targeted Ambrose.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:24 PM
If he starts against Dundee through the week at RB then I’m thinking he’s got naked pics of Lennon blackmailing him. Big man is never a right back in his life!!

GillyHibee
21-01-2018, 07:26 PM
If he starts against Dundee through the week at RB then I’m thinking he’s got naked pics of Lennon blackmailing him. Big man is never a right back in his life!!

If thats the case i hope he does continue at RB, couldnt face those images!!

pacoluna
21-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Thought stevenson was okay today but didn't have much to do cause they went down our right and targeted Ambrose.

A part from the fact when we are on the break and he has the chance to whip the ball into the box or take a man on he always decides to cut back and play the easy pass. offensively he is very innefective.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:32 PM
A part from the fact when we are on the break and he has the chance to whip the ball into the box or take a man on he always decides to cut back and play the easy pass. offensively he is very innefective.

I don’t often agree with you and I’m a huge fan of Lewis but that is exactly what he kept doing today was really frustrating. Could have done better with the ball on more than a couple of occasions.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2018, 07:35 PM

He wasn’t bought to play RB, we’ve been so unlucky in that position this season.

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 07:37 PM
What I heard tonight, and I must add I 100% don’t believe it! But, apparently it’s in his contract that if he’s fit he has to start? Surely that isn’t even stipulation.

jacomo
21-01-2018, 07:40 PM
What I heard tonight, and I must add I 100% don’t believe it! But, apparently it’s in his contract that if he’s fit he has to start? Surely that isn’t even stipulation.

Any club would be foolish to sign a contract with that clause.

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Any club would be foolish to sign a contract with that clause.

Definitely! And I don’t want to start a .net myth with that! Just heard it from a mate tonight.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:43 PM
He wasn’t bought to play RB, we’ve been so unlucky in that position this season.

That’s what I’m saying, he’s a CB, shouldn’t be playing RB if we now have a proper one ready to play there. I think personally Gray could be done and Whitty is nothing like a RB these days.

Scottie
21-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Definitely! And I don’t want to start a .net myth with that! Just heard it from a mate tonight.
How many has your mate had tonight then ? :cheers:

Lang Toun hibby
21-01-2018, 07:45 PM

The guy was a bomb scare at Aberdeen and against Hearts andis never a right back. With that in mind the new boy should have been in there.If not at the start certainly at the start of the second half. I would have subbed Silvka and put Efe inmidfield. Later on I would have subbed Oli with the Aussie. When Bartley wasinjured then Swanson should have been on.

snooky
21-01-2018, 07:47 PM
I don’t often agree with you and I’m a huge fan of Lewis but that is exactly what he kept doing today was really frustrating. Could have done better with the ball on more than a couple of occasions.

I've always liked Lewis as a player however, the one part of his game that drives me nuts is how often he checks his run and plays the easy ball back, especially when there's nae need. :grr:

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 07:48 PM
How many has your mate had tonight then ? :cheers:

Haha none at the time to be fair to him. Probably a good few after the result tonight though.

Scottie
21-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Haha none at the time to be fair to him. Probably a good few after the result tonight though.
:aok: Only way to forget a display like that today.

IGRIGI
21-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Bad performance but he shouldn't be used at RB, for me he's been left hung out to dry by Lennon.

He's excellent at CB and if we didn't want to play the new boy we should've went 352.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I've always liked Lewis as a player however, the one part of his game that drives me nuts is how often he checks his run and plays the easy ball back, especially when there's nae need. :grr:

Must be a confidence thing. He’s fired in a few good balls this season when he has pushed on so he can do it. Maybe feeling under the pressure with it being a derby, but he was frustrating today going forward.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 08:19 PM
That’s what I’m saying, he’s a CB, shouldn’t be playing RB if we now have a proper one ready to play there. I think personally Gray could be done and Whitty is nothing like a RB these days.

sure gray was going for a scan either last monday or monday coning so should get some news pretty soon, unless there has been already and ive missed it

Smartie
21-01-2018, 08:26 PM
He was a shambles.

He actually did ok at Tynecastle the last time, which astonished me.

I'd said before that game that I wouldn't play him at Tynecastle. A derby, on a diabolical pitch, against a team that press like Hearts do is not the place for Efe Ambrose. You're hanging him out to dry by playing him because he just can't help himself.

He's a good player, and has his uses, but we should be selective about when to play him.

I'd have started almost anyone ahead of him. He was a liability and an accident waiting to happen.

We nearly got away with it too.

Conj
21-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Well it clearly can't be true when he was a sub away to Dundee earlier in the season and only came on at half-time when Daz's knee went.

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 07:37 AM
They both need replaced. Modern football requires full backs who get forward and create. Neither of them is remotely capable of that.

I've been saying this for months. If your full backs don't have pace - and ours don't - you are simultaneously exposed in defence and much weaker in attack. These should be the priority positions for us to strengthen before even thinking about strikers.

Efe is an outstanding player if he's played in the right position, well beyond anything we would normally be able to afford. Play him out of position and you're using a Ferrari to plough a field. Would people here be surprised if we played Marciano as a winger or Barker as a defender and they weren't that good?