PDA

View Full Version : Souttar

kaimendhibs
21-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Dirty barsteward. Thought he could easily have seen red for that assault on Marv.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bingo70
21-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Dirty barsteward. Thought he could easily have seen red for that assault on Marv.

I agree, shocking challenge.

No attempt to get the ball and only interest was to hurt the hibs player. Bartley isn’t exactly quick either so he can’t use that as an excuse.

Absolute cowards challenge.

Crab apple
21-01-2018, 06:55 PM

Hope Daz gets to take him out early in March.

21-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Disgraceful tackle. His gaffer will be so proud!

Pete
21-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Definitely yellow. Would’ve been a harsh red.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:59 PM
It's exactly the type of challenge I'd want a Hibs player to make and exactly why they have kept clean sheets - they foul well and in the right areas, and it galvanises their crowd at home. We'd be crowing if it was Marv on him, or Daz on Cowie, etc.

Scottish football, blood and snotters, it's never ever evolved much. Marv getting up and brushing himself down for more was the main thing :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2018, 07:00 PM
he's beefed himself up...on the thuggery scale, hertz fans will probably look at that bit of thuggery as the defining moment of the match

kaimendhibs
21-01-2018, 07:02 PM
It's exactly the type of challenge I'd want a Hibs player to make and exactly why they have kept clean sheets - they foul well and in the right areas, and it galvanises their crowd at home. We'd be crowing if it was Marv on him, or Daz on Cowie, etc.

Scottish football, blood and snotters, it's never ever evolved much. Marv getting up and brushing himself down for more was the main thing :aok:Doesnt mean its not a red. Only my opinion but not only did he hurt Marv who didnt exactly dust himself down but had to go off soon after, it also stopped a very promising break away.

greenlex
21-01-2018, 07:04 PM
He was late but hardly made contact as Marv jumped him. I think Narv was hurt as he landed.

GillyHibee
21-01-2018, 07:07 PM
he's beefed himself up...on the thuggery scale, hertz fans will probably look at that bit of thuggery as the defining moment of the match

could be classed as the defining moment of the match - once he went off, there was no-one to hold the midfield and put in a solid tackle if needed. They swept forward with so much ease in they 15 mins after he went off.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Blatant red card for me.

You can't blame him completely though as that tackle would have been exactly what his manager instructed him to do.

He's probably agreeing the pay rise as we speak.

Leith Green
21-01-2018, 07:10 PM

A red card? I know football has gone soft but i dont think it was anywhere near a red card

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Hearts foul in the 'right' areas of the pitch to disrupt the flow of the game. Today we fouled in the absolute wrong areas of the pitch second half which allowed them good set piece opportunities and momentum.

There is a reason Levein has made them solid - he was that type of player, in a similar team himself - if you cannot win the ball, take the player, but read the game and where you are on the pitch. They are also very regimented and quickly get back into a 5 at the back when they lose the ball. You have to give credit where it's due defensively and he has them well drilled. With Efe at right back, and Bartley not knowing if he's going to the shops or coming back with the change at times, we looked all over the place when we lost possession especially in the middle of the park. And we lost it far far too many times in dangerous areas when the simple thing to do was launch it.

Basics weren't done either - may have it wrong, but Efe at one point in the first half did well to turn his body against the attacker and win the ball - yet passed into the edge of the box and I think Djoum ended up getting a shot away. Clueless defending and you simply cannot justify it. As I posted earlier, Darren was livid with Efe the whole game and rightly so - maybe he needs to be sidelined - or get into training on time and work on his defending :cb

kaimendhibs
21-01-2018, 07:11 PM
A red card? I know football has gone soft but i dont think it was anywhere near a red cardHave you seen any of Marvins red cards?

HoboHarry
21-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Have you seen any of Marvins red cards?

And were rescinded no?

Leith Green
21-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Have you seen any of Marvins red cards?

Yeah of course I have , a couple of them were a complete joke. But that makes the ref that sent Bartley off an incompetent twat. It doesnt make the foul today on Bartley a red

kaimendhibs
21-01-2018, 07:16 PM
And were rescinded no?Yes. BUT, he was sent off weakening us in the process. That was a wild swipe. Anyhow, just my opinion from row 27. If others are happy for our team to be fouled like that, cool

Aldo
21-01-2018, 07:38 PM
As I said at the time I thought it should have been a straight red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
21-01-2018, 07:43 PM
At the time I thought it looked quite high as opposed to just being a cynical trip. But if a Hibs player got sent off for something like that you'd no be happy.

As another poster said, Hearts have players who will stop attacks at any cost and it's working for them. It's a shame none of our players did something similar when they broke from OUR corner allowing them to win a corner at the other end of the pitch leading to the goal.

WeeRussell
21-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Very bad derby day challenge. But not even close to a red card.

Cochrane’s challenge in the last Easter Road derby is the only one worthy of a red card in our games against them this season, in my opinion.

Johnny Clash
21-01-2018, 07:50 PM
A lot of Jambos seem to be overjoyed at soutar’s brutish tackle and Leveins cowardly shoving of Boyle. The same Jambos that got all upset when JOhn Collins correctly called them a pub team!

kevinc
21-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Souttar has spent a fair amount of time out injured, based on his performance today this is likely to be a common occurrence and deserved.

eastcoasthibby
21-01-2018, 11:42 PM
Every game they are getting away with these challenges especially with us, match officials are inconsistent and incompetent blinkered and with never wrong ego's that ruin games all over Scotland every week ....some of our players need wise up and get a bit.of attitude about them we are the nice boys of the league ...dont need.to be dirty but need a bit of grit about our game.

MacGruber
22-01-2018, 06:14 AM
I understand people saying it's not a red. It's so cynical though would show the red myself for when it's so blatantly not playing the ball. Late is one thing but the just cynically taking out the player. It's high too. Bartley either hurdles or ends up risking injury. As it happens he gets injured from it anyway.

Bartley breaks up the play in the middle when they break corner to corner but he's not there. A little reward for their dirty cynicism that leads to Beers climbing on Hanlons shoulders and the ball spinning from away from goal to in the goal as our luck always goes with these things.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2018, 06:30 AM
A lot of Jambos seem to be overjoyed at soutar’s brutish tackle and Leveins cowardly shoving of Boyle. The same Jambos that got all upset when JOhn Collins correctly called them a pub team!
I never watched/listened to the game. I've read a couple of times about this incident with Boyle/levein. What happened?