PDA

View Full Version : Team for Dundee on Wednesday

greenpaper55
21-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Time to move on, a tricky midweek game coming up against Dundee. Lennon has to pick the players up after todays result and gat them spot on for this game, not sure if he has many options regards changing the team, just to cheer you up we are at Parkhead next weekend as well !

Cod Boy
21-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Going to parkhead will cheer Lennon up.

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Rocky
Rherras Daz Hanlon Stevenson
Barker McGinn Bartley Boyle
Shaw Murray

DarlingtonHibee
21-01-2018, 06:46 PM

Any need for that?

Borderhibbie76
21-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Time to move on, a tricky midweek game coming up against Dundee. Lennon has to pick the players up after todays result and gat them spot on for this game, not sure if he has many options regards changing the team, just to cheer you up we are at Parkhead next weekend as well !We have a pretty horrific run of games coming up so he better pick them up coz if we play like we did today I don't see where the points are coming from tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Rocky
Shaw Murray

Hope Bartley will be fit after that assault from Souttar.

GreenArmy1875
21-01-2018, 06:53 PM
I would like to see Mclaren start

greenpaper55
21-01-2018, 06:56 PM
We played dismally against Aberdeen and we bounced back from that without setting the heather on fire, a wee test of character coming up so interesting to see how we shape up in a month we have tended to do badly in recent years. Our record against celtic is not to shabby-unbeaten in the league against them so far so thats how good we can be.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Rocky
Shaw Murray

McGeoch likely to be the first name non the team sheet

Jones28
21-01-2018, 06:59 PM

**** off wi that

Billy Whizz
21-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Rocky
Shaw Murray

Shaw and Murray can’t play together

Jones28
21-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Rocky

Back 3 of Ambrose - Hanlon - McGregor

Wing backs Boyle and Rherras

Middle 2 of Slivka and McGinn

Front 3 of Barker - McLaren - Murray

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Shaw and Murray can’t play together

They both league tied or something? ;) haha.

I get what you mean man. Just think it’s worth trying. Shaw has shown he’s good at holding the ball up and I think Murray makes great runs it’s just that our midfield often see them too late so by then he’s offsides.

Eaststandee
21-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Marciano

Rherras Hanlon McGregorStevenson

McGinn McGeouch

Boyle Barker

MacLaren Murray

weecounty hibby
21-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Not sure what team I would play but was there really any point signing Maclaren and Rherras and not playing them? Really need to pick up three points from this game

GreenCastle
21-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Slivka in the middle

Stop playing him wide

S4uzee
21-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Marciano

Rherras
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mcgeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
MacLaren
Barker

MacGruber
21-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Why is McLaren better for Dundee but not good enough for Hearts

Eaststandee
21-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Why is McLaren better for Dundee but not good enough for Hearts

I suppose only Lennon could answer that..

calumhibee1
21-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Rocky

Rherras
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeough
Bartley

Boyle
Any of Shaw (who I feel sorry for, he's been thrown in at the deep end)/Murray/McLaren
Barker

Barker needs to start IMO.

Diclonius
21-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Marciano

Rherras McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Swanson Bartley McGeouch

Boyle Macdonald Barker

Ambrose at right back isn't working - we need a right back who is actually a right back. McGinn needs dropped; his head is elsewhere. And none of our strikers can score so might as well play the one we haven't tried yet.

BigT-Hibeez
Rocky

Ambrose Hanlon McGregor

Boyle McGinn McGeouch Stevenson

Barker

Murray
McLaren

BoomtownHibees
Marciano

Swanson Bartley McGeouch

Boyle Macdonald Barker

Ambrose at right back isn't working - we need a right back who is actually a right back. McGinn needs dropped; his head is elsewhere. And none of our strikers can score so might as well play the one we haven't tried yet.

Signing a new striker?

Elephant Stone
21-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Rocky

Bartley

McGeoch McGinn Barker

Murray Maclaren

Shaw hasn't done anything to merit being dropped but I'm keen to see what Maclaren is like.

Billychaotic182
21-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Marciano

Swanson Bartley McGeouch

Boyle Macdonald Barker

MacDonald??

DavidDavidGray
21-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Marciano

Rherras
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mcgeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
MacLaren
Barker

This

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Marciano

Efe- because he's Lennon's man
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcgeough
Slivka

Boyle
McLaren
Murray

IGRIGI
21-01-2018, 08:02 PM
..........Marciano........

...Ambrose Hanlon McGregor

......McGinn...McGeouch........

...Boyle....Swanson...Slivka...

.....Maclaren....Murray....

Quite frankly I don't even know what the f this formation would be but if I see Boyle on the wing waiting to cross with just one striker in the box with the rest of the midfield 50 yards back casually jogging forward even just one more time I won't be responsible for my actions, therefore Swanson and Slivka have to start just to save my mental health.

Lago
21-01-2018, 08:18 PM
We have a pretty horrific run of games coming up so he better pick them up coz if we play like we did today I don't see where the points are coming from tbh

Worrying times

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 08:23 PM
marciano
rherras
mcgregor
hanlon
stevenson
mcgeouch
mcginn
swanson
murray
maclaren
boyle

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Slivka in the middle

Stop playing him wide

Could drop McGinn and play him :aok: SJM has been really poor and was totally off it today. I like Slivka, but he really needs to up the work rate.

Slivka could actually do the Bartley role v Dundee (holding) - maybe a chance to play Swanson ahead of him too if he's sober :greengrin:cb

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 02:17 AM
..........Marciano......

..Rherras...McGregor...Hanlon...Stevenson

Boyle......Mcgeouch....Mcginn.....Barker

......................Swanson.......

..........................Shaw...........

Hibeesmad
22-01-2018, 03:40 AM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeough
McGinn
Bartley
Stevenson

MacLaren
Murray

3-5-2

The Baldmans Comb
22-01-2018, 04:35 AM
Not sure what team I would play but was there really any point signing Maclaren and Rherras and not playing them? Really need to pick up three points from this game

Rherras was signed the day before and had a 1 hour training session and McLaren was recovering from a groin strain injury.

I get your point though as that was Sunday and Dundee is Wednesday so you would hope McLaren is a certainty and Rherras a probable.

HH81
22-01-2018, 05:36 AM
So many teams with McGinn in it when yesterday he played like his head had been turned.

Dreadful performance from his standards. May be gone by Wednesday?

SeanWilson
22-01-2018, 05:48 AM
So many teams with McGinn in it when yesterday he played like his head had been turned.

I'd give Slivka a go in his position and give John the game off.

greenpaper55
22-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Another who is a big miss is Whitaker, he has been struggling with a hip injury and i think his presence on the field makes a big difference to the team, Lennon spoke before the game and it sounded like he could be out for a while.

flash
22-01-2018, 08:04 AM
I would go for

Rocky

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Barker

Murray
Mclaren.

Since90+2
22-01-2018, 08:06 AM
I would mix it up abit and give McLaren a start and also potentially Frazer Murray as well.

MacGruber
22-01-2018, 08:09 AM
The kid Shaw isolated up top on his own
4 centre mids and Ambrose at right back
1 winger to support but play on the wrong side.
Let's go strong bench and quality in the stands again

..... sorry, still pissed off about yesterday to get up for Dundee game

JDHibs
22-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Bain

Lewy
Hanlon
McGregor
Rherras

Barker
McGeough
McGinn
Boyle

Murray
MacLaren

Our best formation and play our best in this set up. Efe isnt a RB, Rherras is, simple. Give Bain a chance. Let Murray run ragged and do the dirty work and leave MacLaren to poach.

lord bunberry
22-01-2018, 08:46 AM

He’s earned the right to have a bad game. Dropping him would be ridiculous. We need to go with our best players. I wouldn’t mind young Fraser Murray getting a start if Marv isn’t fit. McGeoch can be the sitting midfielder.

flash
22-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Bain

Lewy
Hanlon
McGregor
Rherras

Barker
McGeough
McGinn
Boyle

Murray
MacLaren

Our best formation and play our best in this set up. Efe isnt a RB, Rherras is, simple. Give Bain a chance. Let Murray run ragged and do the dirty work and leave MacLaren to poach.

Why would you give Bain a chance?

JDHibs
22-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Why would you give Bain a chance?

Hes a good solid keeper who knows the league.

Rockys communication isnt good enough. Looks shakey at times and flaps at corners. Theres a reason he was dropped for Laidlaw earlier in the season and the only reason he got back in was because Laidlaw was poor vs Celtic in the semi.

Stuart93
22-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Marciano

Rherras
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mcgeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
MacLaren
Barker

Maybe swap Bartley and try slivka through the middle see if it makes a difference. But this

Brightside
22-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Rocky

Rherras Daz Hanlon Lewis

Boyle JM Dylan Barker

Fraser Murray

Simon Murray

K.Marx
22-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Bain

Lewy
Hanlon
McGregor
Rherras

Barker
McGeough
McGinn
Boyle

Murray
MacLaren

Don’t agree 4-4-2 with wide players is our best set up. Middle 2 get over run as a lot of teams play 3 central midfielders. I think we’ve played our best in a 4-3-3 system and would hope we go with this on Wednesday. Front 3 of Boyle, Barker and McLaren.

Speedway
22-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Play to strengths

Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon

Boyle
Bartley
Dylan
McGinn
Lewis

Swanson
McLaren

Ozyhibby
22-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Marciano

Rherras - I doubt he’s that good but he is a fullback.
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeogh
McGinn
Fraser Murray or Slivka

Boyle
Barker
McLaren

—————-
McGregor and Bartley can consider themselves unlucky but we need to change the shape. Bartley and McGeogh both want to play DM so one has to drop out. Ambrose and McGregor both right centre half’s so one has to drop out and I don’t see Lennon dropping Ambrose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Rockys communication isnt good enough. Looks shakey at times and flaps at corners. Theres a reason he was dropped for Laidlaw earlier in the season and the only reason he got back in was because Laidlaw was poor vs Celtic in the semi.

Bain is on loan from Dundee so won't be available tomorrow.

Marciano was one of the few players to come out of yesterday with pass marks IMO so shouldn't be dropped in any case.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 09:13 AM
Marciano

Rherras - I doubt he’s that good but he is a fullback.
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeogh
McGinn
Fraser Murray or Slivka

Boyle
Barker
McLaren

—————-
McGregor and Bartley can consider themselves unlucky but we need to change the shape. Bartley and McGeogh both want to play DM so one has to drop out. Ambrose and McGregor both right centre half’s so one has to drop out and I don’t see Lennon dropping Ambrose.

McGregor won't be dropped. Head and shoulders our best player yesterday.

I agree on Ambrose though, he's bulletproof with Lennon so I think it's more likely we'll go to a back 3. In saying that, the one time Ambrose was dropped this year was up at Dundee.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2018, 09:20 AM
McGregor won't be dropped. Head and shoulders our best player yesterday.

I agree on Ambrose though, he's bulletproof with Lennon so I think it's more likely we'll go to a back 3. In saying that, the one time Ambrose was dropped this year was up at Dundee.

I agree with that it I just don’t see him dropping Ambrose.
I don’t think we can go with a back three either though. If you have McGregor, Ambrose, Hanlon with Rherras and Stevenson then it’s effectively a back five which then has Bartley and McGeogh sitting 5 feet in front of it. That’s 7 defensive players. No wonder we don’t score goals.
If McGregor is in then Ambrose has to drop out and if Bartley is in then McGeogh has to drop out. IMO.

we are hibs
22-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Marciano

Rherras
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

boyle
mcgeouch
mcginn
barker

Maclaren
Shaw

back to basics with a 4-4-2

flash
22-01-2018, 09:25 AM
I agree with that it I just don’t see him dropping Ambrose.
I don’t think we can go with a back three either though. If you have McGregor, Ambrose, Hanlon with Rherras and Stevenson then it’s effectively a back five which then has Bartley and McGeogh sitting 5 feet in front of it. That’s 7 defensive players. No wonder we don’t score goals.
If McGregor is in then Ambrose has to drop out and if Bartley is in then McGeogh has to drop out. IMO.

Or you play the back 3 with Boyle and Barker as the wide men.

J-C
22-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Rocky

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Rherras
Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

McLaren
Shaw

Ozyhibby
22-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Or you play the back 3 with Boyle and Barker as the wide men.

Worth a try as well but Barker especially would struggle tracking back. He’s not the industrious type.

flash
22-01-2018, 09:37 AM
I know but you would still have Bartley covering. No point playing Stevenson as a wide midfielder as he offers so little going forward.

Lee Marvin
22-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Marciano

Mcgregor efe hanlon

Rherras Mcgeouch mcginn Stevenson

Boyle barker

Maclaren

Lee Marvin
22-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Could Barker be a direct replacement for stokes? I think he potentially could play that role

bigwheel
22-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Could Barker be a direct replacement for stokes? I think he potentially could play that role

I don’t see it. Not at that level and doesn’t play the same role - And as far as I know he has yet to score a senior professional goal

Albanian Hibs
22-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Yawn

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Slivka played through the middle yesterday and was poor?

Don’t see why people think we should drop Mcginn for him.

overdrive
22-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Marciano

Rherras
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGinn
McGeough
Barker

Murray
MacLean

Elephant Stone
22-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Marciano

Rherras
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGinn
McGeough
Barker

Murray
MacLean

That's the one. I'd probably stick Maclaren or Shaw in for MacLean though :greengrin

Scooter
22-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Marciano

Rherras
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Dylan
Mcginn
Barker

Swanson

Murray or ozzy guy

500miles
22-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Shaw looks like our best finisher. I've no idea why people would drop him.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Rocky in goals

McGreggor, Hanlon and Porteus as a back 3 with Boyle and Lewis as wing backs.

McGeough sitting deep as a quarterback type, McGinn in the middle with Slivka playing just in front of him.

Murray and MacLaren up top.

lord bunberry
22-01-2018, 05:12 PM
I take it that it’s pay at the gate for this one.

Elephant Stone
22-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Rocky in goals

McGreggor, Hanlon and Porteus as a back 3 with Boyle and Lewis as wing backs.

McGeough sitting deep as a quarterback type, McGinn in the middle with Slivka playing just in front of him.

Murray and MacLaren up top.

That looks alright but has a serious lack of width. Boyle and Barker are two of our biggest threats, they should be on the wings I reckon. If Boyle is at wing back then he's gonna be compromised in terms of attacking. Can he even defend?

Firestarter
22-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Any need for that?

It's factual. He loves a wee trip to his club.

andybev1
22-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Marciano

Rherras
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Dylan
Mcginn
Barker

Swanson

Murray or ozzy guy

Interesting - I think it might just work, allowing swanson space to use some imaginatiion/creativity we desperayely need.

andybev1
22-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Shaw looks like our best finisher. I've no idea why people would drop him.

I think he needs to be eased into games, due to his age - we will spoil him pychologically by putting so much pressure on him if he is not up to that.

lord bunberry
22-01-2018, 05:44 PM
I think he needs to be eased into games, due to his age - we will spoil him pychologically by putting so much pressure on him if he is not up to that.
I think he is ready. He didn’t do anything wrong yesterday, he was winning balls in the air and he put the ball in for Boyle’s sitter. What we need is a decent striker to play with him. We’ve got one, but he’s out the picture right now.

andy1875
22-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Rocky

Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Fraser Murray
Barker

Shaw
McLaren

bigwheel
22-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Rocky

Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Fraser Murray
Barker

Shaw
McLaren

would certainly freshen things up....

Famous Fiver
22-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Whoever plays, it is going to be an interesting selection.

Does NL stick to his tried and tested line up and stick with the players he has repeatedly picked, or does he freshen things up?

Porteous, McLaren, Rherras, Swanson, Murray must all be in contention for starting places. Don't forget Bain, the other Murray and rumoured new signing.

Interesting.

Lago
22-01-2018, 06:23 PM
I think he is ready. He didn’t do anything wrong yesterday, he was winning balls in the air and he put the ball in for Boyle’s sitter. What we need is a decent striker to play with him. We’ve got one, but he’s out the picture right now.
He was winning balls in the air, unfortunately our midfield, as someone pointed out, are playing ing their comfort zone and running past the forwards to pick up the second ball.

guthrie01
22-01-2018, 06:28 PM

:hilarious

Ken
22-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Rocky

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

BoyleMcGeouchMcGinnSlivkaBarker

McLaren Murray

Dominate the centre midfield, with Barker and Boyle bombing up and down the wings. We’ll create plenty chances from wide areas and with having 3 in centre midfielders, at least one should have the freedom to push forward to help the strikers whenever we are attacking

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 07:21 PM
I've no idea what changes I'd make exactly, but things need freshened up in some way. Be it shape, personnel or whatever.

We've been toiling for a whil and it's pretty boring and predictable. Need to get some energy in to the team.

SRHibs
22-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Wish he’d play Slivka through the middle.

Brightside
22-01-2018, 07:31 PM
We need to start creating chances. People keep asking for a new striker etc but we simply aren't creating enough decent chances for a striker.

BlackSheep
22-01-2018, 07:35 PM
I would go for

Rocky

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Barker

Murray
Mclaren.

This except Slivka or Fraser Murray in for McGinn.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Is Batley going to be fit for Wednesday anyway?
Was he substituted or go off injured yesterday?

JimBHibees
22-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Definitely looked like an injury possible hammy don't think he will play

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 07:51 PM

Was an odd sub yesterday if he wasn't injured. If he'd still been on the pitch the break away from our corner (leading to the corner for their winner) would have been stopped at the half way line one way or another.

That said, I'd leave him out on Wednesday regardless. We've been too negative lately and it hasn't been working. Need to go a bit more positive in there.

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 07:55 PM

100 percent injured....watching him at the game off the ball he was really struggling after the challenge.

As someone else pointed out earlier, I dont think they get their corner that they score from if he is on the pitch.

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Wish he’d play Slivka through the middle.

He did yesterday

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 08:05 PM
He did yesterday

In fairness though, it still wasn't his natural position. He's certainly not a number 10 that's for sure.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Rocky

Rherras
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

McGinn
Slivka
McGeouch

Boyle
Murray
Barker

Billy Whizz
22-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Was an odd sub yesterday if he wasn't injured. If he'd still been on the pitch the break away from our corner (leading to the corner for their winner) would have been stopped at the half way line one way or another.

That said, I'd leave him out on Wednesday regardless. We've been too negative lately and it hasn't been working. Need to go a bit more positive in there.

Too far away for me to see, but thought he was subbed due to injury

LaMotta
22-01-2018, 08:56 PM
In fairness though, it still wasn't his natural position. He's certainly not a number 10 that's for sure.

What is his natural position that everyone goes on about and if indeed he is so good there, why does Neil Lennon not play him in this so called natural position? As far as i can see he is a midfielder and has played in a variety of midfield positions to very little effect.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2018, 09:00 PM

Subbed through injury after the cowardly assault by Souttar a few minutes earlier.

He tried to play on but he was clearly struggling after that.

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Whoever plays, it is going to be an interesting selection.

Does NL stick to his tried and tested line up and stick with the players he has repeatedly picked, or does he freshen things up?

Porteous, McLaren, Rherras, Swanson, Murray must all be in contention for starting places. Don't forget Bain, the other Murray and rumoured new signing.

Interesting.Why the clamour for Bain...Rocky done nothing wrong yesterday. We have enough problems without changing our Keeper for no reason whatsoever

Cod Boy
22-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Why the clamour for Bain...Rocky done nothing wrong yesterday. We have enough problems without changing our Keeper for no reason whatsoever

Bain isn't available anyway against his parent club.

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Bain isn't available anyway against his parent club.Even if he was...Why would Rocky be dropped??

Cod Boy
22-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Even if he was...Why would Rocky be dropped??

I never said he should.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2018, 09:07 PM
What is his natural position that everyone goes on about and if indeed he is so good there, why does Neil Lennon not play him in this so called natural position? As far as i can see he is a midfielder and has played in a variety of midfield positions to very little effect.

Just looks like an out and out central midfield player to me who will get about the pitch.

He's played wide and been ok but not much better. Obviously Lennon knows him better than me but I would never have imagined him playing in the position he did yesterday.

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2018, 09:08 PM
I never said he should.Sorry not you mate but a few other posters on this thread

Pretty Boy
22-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Why the clamour for Bain...Rocky done nothing wrong yesterday. We have enough problems without changing our Keeper for no reason whatsoever

Dropping Rocky after his performance yesterday would br crazy. No way will it happen.

Andy JR
22-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Marciano

McGregor Ambrose Hanlon

McGeouch McGinn

Boyle Slivka/Swanson Barker

Murray Maclaren

22-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Marciano

Rherras
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

boyle
mcgeouch
mcginn
barker

Maclaren
Shaw

back to basics with a 4-4-2

I'd start with line up too.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 06:21 AM
Back to basics imo...

Back four usual with rherras in at right back.

Midfield five of boyle and barker wide, bartley (if fit), mcginn amd mcgeouch as a tight central three, murray or shaw up top.

However i suspect he will go with a back three, with rherras in at rwb and, same tight midfield three and shaw and the new boy up top (mclaren?)

col02
23-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Marciano

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Rherras

McGeoch
McGinn

Barker
Murray(Fraser)
Boyle

Shaw

Allant1981
23-01-2018, 06:31 AM

im pretty sure it was agreed he wouldnt play for a few games due to some religious thing(may be wrong), dont think it was a case of being dropped for laidlaw

duffers
23-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Not going to happen but...

Rocky
McGeouch Slivka McGinn
Boyle Maclaren Barker

MyJo
23-01-2018, 08:20 AM
_________________Marciano
Rherras_____Ambrose_____Hanlon____Stevenson
__________________Bartley
_______McGeouch___________McGinn
Boyle______________________________Barker
_________________MacLaren

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-01-2018, 08:26 AM
_________________Marciano
Rherras_____Ambrose_____Hanlon____Stevenson
__________________Bartley
_______McGeouch___________McGinn
Boyle______________________________Barker
_________________MacLaren

Drop the man of the match?

Rocky
Daz. Efe. Paul

Rherras mcgeoch mcginn Lewis

Boyle. Murray barker

3,4,3 for me. We have three great cb’s, use them.

hibsbollah
23-01-2018, 08:28 AM
Not going to happen but...

Rocky
McGeouch Slivka McGinn
Boyle Maclaren Barker

I like the look of that.

MyJo
23-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Drop the man of the match?

Rocky
Daz. Efe. Paul

Rherras mcgeoch mcginn Lewis

Boyle. Murray barker

3,4,3 for me. We have three great cb’s, use them.

I think McGregor is the better option in defence if we are going for a midfield without Bartley in it.

Ambrose, for all his faults, isn't half bad with the ball at his feet, can drive forward and hold a higher defensive line with Bartley sitting in front of them, allowing the fullbacks to push forward.

McGregor isn't as mobile as Ambrose or Hanlon but he is much more aggressive and sits deeper making tackles and winning headers. If McGregor is in defence I would swap out Bartley for an attacking midfielder sitting behind Maclaren, someone like Swanson or Slivka, but given the form Bartley has been in it seems unfair to drop him which is why I would go for Ambrose in defence.

Jones28
23-01-2018, 09:18 AM
It's factual. He loves a wee trip to his club.

Stop attention seeking

Albanian Hibs
23-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Stop attention seeking

I know. It's getting really boring.

Souter96Mac
23-01-2018, 06:01 PM
According to Lenny on his Hibs TV interview, big Marv is struggling for tomorrow. Could see Slivka starting again.

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 06:13 PM
According to Lenny on his Hibs TV interview, big Marv is struggling for tomorrow. Could see Slivka starting again.

I'd like to see slivka slip into bartleys position (that's not innuendo). Think that's his natural position.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2018, 06:17 PM
I'd like to see slivka slip into bartleys position (that's not innuendo). Think that's his natural position.

Slivka is an attacking midfielder