PDA

View Full Version : A matter of time

21sMay
21-01-2018, 07:06 PM
unfortunately due to our poor form of late, it was just a matter of time before they beat us this season.
we have been poor for a few months now and the team is certainly missing something. in my opinion we need a minimum of 3 new players coming in before the end of the window.
1. A striker who can get us something out of nothing
2. A midfielder who will allow mcgeough and mcginn to concentrate on running the midfield, someone who can create chances
3. A leader who will rip Into into the players around them when needed. we are severely lack someone who will set an example and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

This won't be easy and I understand it's easy for me to sit at home and say we need this and that but I just feel our season has slowly but surely started nosediving and unless we do something it will end up a below average one.

on the plus side .....hearts were probably at the best they have been against us for a long time , yet they struggled to beat us at our worst.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2018, 07:09 PM
So long as Lennon doesn't sign them we'll be fine.

Sioux
21-01-2018, 07:11 PM

This place is full of Diks

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 07:14 PM
unfortunately due to our poor form of late, it was just a matter of time before they beat us this season.
we have been poor for a few months now and the team is certainly missing something. in my opinion we need a minimum of 3 new players coming in before the end of the window.
1. A striker who can get us something out of nothing
2. A midfielder who will allow mcgeough and mcginn to concentrate on running the midfield, someone who can create chances
3. A leader who will rip Into into the players around them when needed. we are severely lack someone who will set an example and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

This won't be easy and I understand it's easy for me to sit at home and say we need this and that but I just feel our season has slowly but surely started nosediving and unless we do something it will end up a below average one.

on the plus side .....hearts were probably at the best they have been against us for a long time , yet they struggled to beat us at our worst.

1. We signed McLaren but he didn’t get a chance today.
2. We could sign De Bruyne and that wouldn’t make McGinn or McGeouch any more attacking. They don’t have it in them unfortunately and McGinn in particular is better when we don’t solely rely on him.
3. We had that today. McGregor was outstanding and let rip into a few players throughout.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:15 PM
We badly need new players who are either as good or better than what we have. Oli Shaw up front with Boyle was never causing them problems. Shaw for what it’s worth tried but wasn’t much in the game.

Our midfield was very poor today as well. Guys like Swanson, Whitty, Big Dave, Stokes, Slivka, etc for me can go. They won’t improve this side Stokes is gone anyway by sounds of it so let’s use that money wisely.

Lennon has to do better with his signings as he’s not got many good ones in. The team is doing ok, but we can do better so with new players it could really boost the team morale as well.

21sMay
21-01-2018, 07:54 PM
We badly need new players who are either as good or better than what we have. Oli Shaw up front with Boyle was never causing them problems. Shaw for what it’s worth tried but wasn’t much in the game.

Our midfield was very poor today as well. Guys like Swanson, Whitty, Big Dave, Stokes, Slivka, etc for me can go. They won’t improve this side Stokes is gone anyway by sounds of it so let’s use that money wisely.

Lennon has to do better with his signings as he’s not got many good ones in. The team is doing ok, but we can do better so with new players it could really boost the team morale as well.

totally agree . when i said we needed an attacking midfielder I meant to allow mcginn and mcgeough to do what they do best and dictate the game .
we badly need to add some quality to the team

DarlingtonHibee
21-01-2018, 08:04 PM

Do you actually support hibs?