PDA

View Full Version : I would like to thank

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 06:05 PM
All the players involved in any shenanigans over the last week regardless big or small in the build up to one of the biggest if not biggest game this season.

I'm sure it all helped the cause and focus for everyone. ****ing selfish idiots.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 06:08 PM
The players had enough time to get over it unfortunately the players on pitch were not good enough today.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:11 PM
The players had enough time to get over it unfortunately the players on pitch were not good enough today.

They contributed to negative press, created unnecessary player selection issues, and as such unsettled things - OP has a very valid point and those concerned need a long, hard look at themselves - it's the SPFL, not La Liga, and they need to start acting professionally when on a training camp.

Hearts signing Naismith had them upbeat and positive going into proceedings - first question our manager is asked at the presser and today is about indiscipline - says it all.

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 06:14 PM
They contributed to negative press, created unnecessary player selection issues, and as such unsettled things - OP has a very valid point and those concerned need a long, hard look at themselves - it's the SPFL, not La Liga, and they need to start acting professionally when on a training camp.

Hearts signing Naismith had them upbeat and positive going into proceedings - first question our manager is asked at the presser and today is about indiscipline - says it all.

Agreed

Sprouleflyer
21-01-2018, 06:15 PM
All the players involved in any shenanigans over the last week regardless big or small in the build up to one of the biggest if not biggest game this season.

I'm sure it all helped the cause and focus for everyone. ****ing selfish idiots.

Agree

lord bunberry
21-01-2018, 06:16 PM

Well said. The club takes them away for a bit of warm weather training and they can’t behave themselves. Selfish *******s.

HIBEETILLIDIE
21-01-2018, 06:18 PM
totally agree, negative vibes all week and I’m sure there would have been a bit resentment from those who could behave themselves.
A big performance required on Wednesday now otherwise we could be in trouble, given the forthcoming games

snooky
21-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Spot on.
We're not talking about daft wee laddies in their teens here.
If you've not 'grown up' by your mid twenties, chances are you never will.

21-01-2018, 06:22 PM
The feel good press stories and momentum was with hearts going into this one having just signed Naismith where as for us this week has been all rumours and stories about our main striker getting involved in yet more off-field nonsense and getting punted. Not what we needed at all.

I agree with the OP. Some players need to have a long hard look at themselves. I'm glad Lennon has bit the bullet and told Stokes he can leave. No player, Scottish cup winning hero or not, is bigger than the club and if they want to act the "big time Charlie" and piss about then it won't be stood for and they can get their coat. Thank you for everything you did on 21.05.16 Stokes but unfortunately you've let your time at hibs end on a bit of a sour note, time to have a word with yourself about your attitude.

Over the years I think it's fair to say we as a club have had more than our fair share of players getting involved in off-field nonsense. Let's hope we don't start going back down that road again and players use the Stokes situation as a wake up call.

Sammy7nil

I don't disagree but it is the players on the pitch that were not good enough. If they have not recovered from an incident that happened over a week ago i worry for them. There is only one person deserving of stick that is Stokes it is simply once too many.

He may have made a difference today who knows ? Perhaps he all one day apologise to the club and the fans.

Lago
Well said. The club takes them away for a bit of warm weather training and they can’t behave themselves. Selfish *******s.
There maybe a rethink next year.

Steve20
21-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Maybe our manager should also decide if he prefers being Hibs manager or someone who wants to do the rounds doing ex Celtic player gigs.

Neil Lennon cost us that today. Make no mistake.

horseflesh
21-01-2018, 06:27 PM
The second Boyle missed his sitter I thought, “would have scored that if he wasn’t out on the sauce”
Totally irrational but he’s left himself wide open to that thinking

Famous Fiver
21-01-2018, 06:29 PM
I know it's a forum to air opinions and discuss matters including failure.

There's a fair bit of bile about though.

Now is the time to get together, back our club and get tore in the next time.

Might make the whiners feel better but, in my opinion, achieves zero.

Keep the arguments for the pub, not on a public forum to give our sectarian neighbours a chance to gloat.

Just my opinion.

Cod Boy
21-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Also I would like the club to justify the cost of going away to Portugal. Why not just stay here and train in the weather we get in Scotland instead of swanning about in the sun.

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2018, 06:31 PM
What happened would have been wrong at any time ..... To do it before a derby and then to go on and lose that derby makes it ten times worse. The fans of this club have given it fantastic backing over the last 3 and a half seasons, especially in the big games. This is not the way to repay them. It cant happen again.

DarlingtonHibee
21-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Maybe our manager should also decide if he prefers being Hibs manager or someone who wants to do the rounds doing ex Celtic player gigs.

I honestly can't believe that comment, especially given your private member status. We are lucky him. Who else would we have that would give us some backbone? We lost today could have gone either way, yes we are short up front, but we don't have £10K a week to pay naismith or similar.

21-01-2018, 06:37 PM

I'd put a stop to abroad training camps. Nothing good ever really seems to come out of them. Thats where all the John Collins saga began, we were away on one before the 2016 league cup final and now most recently we've had some players get involved in disrespectful, selfish acts of nonsense.

Clearly some players think these trips are a holiday and see it as an opportunity to piss about so why should the club keep paying for them to go. Some players really are so immature and don't have the brains to realise just how lucky they are to have such things like expensive training camp trips abroad. Well it has to stop now, keep them at East Mains where there are no distractions as clearly some individuals can't be trusted to behave like professionals.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:37 PM
I don't disagree but it is the players on the pitch that were not good enough. If they have not recovered from an incident that happened over a week ago i worry for them. There is only one person deserving of stick that is Stokes it is simply once too many.

He may have made a difference today who knows ? Perhaps he all one day apologise to the club and the fans.

The squad is good enough to beat Hearts - we were on 9 unbeaten. What Stokes and others did however was create a managerial headache in the sense that decisions had to be made for the greater good and not put individuals first to create even more disharmony.

Stokes could have made a difference. Who knows, maybe not - but it's the Scottish Cup, away at Tynie, and he has already 'god like' status in this competition for us - stage was set for him - he ruined it (again). Boy is on self-destruct and needs to go, end of story. Personally I posted I would have played him (days ago), but clearly his actions are a lot worse over time and manager and club have had enough. Club always comes first. Stokes goes under a cloud and I honestly don't know who would touch the boy in the UK after all his chances.

TelaStella
21-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Everything on Sky today was about them and occasionally Rangers given the Naismith move and hardly nothing about Hibs, found it rather odd. However on the subject of the Portugal incident I don't think it actually had much to do with today. It's only forced Stokes out the squad which lets be honest doesn't change much as sometimes it's like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch. The players put out there today should of had enough between them to get the win and we had our chances but hearts just got lucky, nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EH6 Hibby
21-01-2018, 07:12 PM

In the 10 years I’ve been posting on here, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you say something positive about Hibs. You must be delighted today.

Zazu62
21-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Yeah it’s pretty poor tbh. We all like a drink now and then but they are professional footballers who are on good doe

hibs4life
21-01-2018, 07:22 PM

Dearie me. Whiff of a wee agenda here. Hibs in below par performance shocker!
Hoping for some perspective after a derby defeat on a fans forum is perhaps too big an ask....

ronaldo7
21-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Gullane sands.

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Naw maybe players need to grow up and not force our manager to have to discipline them for utter pish. Martin Boyle maybe needs to put all his efforts into finishing practice than doing stuff that gets him a row.

Johnny Clash
21-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Gullane sands.

Was there last week with the dug - hardly any sand dunes left sadly.

rotherhamrob
21-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Also I would like the club to justify the cost of going away to Portugal. Why not just stay here and train in the weather we get in Scotland instead of swanning about in the sun.

I couldn't agree with this.
We as fans had to put up with years of sh** teams to get our infrastructure sorted,so why, when it is, do we have to go abroad to train?

JimBHibees
21-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I couldn't agree with this.
We as fans had to put up with years of sh** teams to get our infrastructure sorted,so why, when it is, do we have to go abroad to train?

You seen the weather in the last week.

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2018, 07:45 PM
They certainly didn't do us any favours in the run up to this game, all because they had to go on the piss that bit longer. Cheers guys.

Johnny Clash
21-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Gullane sands.

ancient hibee
21-01-2018, 07:48 PM

Quite right.I distinctly saw him miss a sitter that a school kid could have put away.

Firestarter
21-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Well when the story broke about Lennon and his trip to his Celtic love in it was "let's wait and see how the players react" the it was "let's see how it turns out in the biggest match of the season"

If we've not got a manager who is 100% committed then why would the players be?shambles all round and it's cost the club a fortune to Portugal and out the cup.

Firestarter
21-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Quite right.I distinctly saw him miss a sitter that a school kid could have put away.

He picked the player who was on the opposite side of the pitch from where he is meant to be because no **** was down the left.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 07:52 PM

Turn it on it's head Jim, see the weather today ? Play the conditions - pitch was poor, weather was terrible - for both sides - so why train in fair weather ? Tynecastle was always going to be a poor surface - why go away anyway ?

It's two weeks - give the lads time off with their families, work on core fitness, less chance of these indiscretions. When incidents like this happens, the club are then left to 'fire fight' why they went and justify the expense. I'd rather my money I pay into the club goes on players, not in a small way contribute towards unearned jollies. Fourth in the league is good - doesn't mean they deserved a trip away and especially when the manager saunters off half way through it.

Firestarter
21-01-2018, 07:52 PM

Expect pelters but you're spot on. For some reason this board loves Lennon though and him giving us second thought to all things Celtic doesn't bother people.

silverhibee
21-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Pretty sure what will be annoying to The Club is that they gave the players a week off before whipping them away to Portugal, they had a whole week to get pished do what they wanted to a extent and get a rest as well before they jetted away to the training camp, hate to say it but there shouldn't have been any drinking at the training camp, it never ends well when the manager allows them to have a few beers,Lennon was wrong to allow them a drink at the hotel after giving them a week off to do as they pleased, some went holidays and others spent time with family and should have all realised how good the club had been to them giving them the 1st week off.

rotherhamrob
21-01-2018, 07:54 PM

I have and in some respect you may have a point however I've not seen 1 of these jaunts help us in the last few years.
I'd like to know just out of curiosity what it is we work on when we're away,at the end of the day these are professional footballers who can't even take a throw in let alone a set piece.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure what will be annoying to The Club is that they gave the players a week off before whipping them away to Portugal, they had a whole week to get pished do what they wanted to a extent and get a rest as well before they jetted away to the training camp, hate to say it but there shouldn't have been any drinking at the training camp, it never ends well when the manager allows them to have a few beers,Lennon was wrong to allow them a drink at the hotel after giving them a week off to do as they pleased, some went holidays and others spent time with family and should have all realised how good the club had been to them giving them the 1st week off.

And this post should end the thread :aok: perfectly put SH :agree:

Should actually be posted in the dressing room - the club at the moment might charge us for it though :greengrin

Biggie
21-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Yep, all rather annoying. They are supposed to be professional athletes.....deary ****ing me they play for hibs, not Barcelona, they had a lot to work on.
They should have been shattered at night, having worked on their wrong/weaker foot, or throw ins.....how about movement off the ball....
I'd sell the 3 of them as an example if you want to play for hibs we expect you to be professional at all times to make the most of your career.
Today's standard was truly awful

21-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Expect pelters but you're spot on. For some reason this board loves Lennon though and him giving us second thought to all things Celtic doesn't bother people.

As much as I rather he didn't, I actually don't mind Lennon attending the odd celtic event. He's a very highly regarded ex-player and manager of theirs and he's also a fan . However, not if it involves leaving us to do it. If it's in his spare time then fair enough, he can do what he wants but when he's away at a trainign camp with us or such like his full focus must be us and only us. Leaving our training camp that hibs have paid a lot of money for in preparation for a Scottish Cup derby, a game that means a lot for our season and means a lot to the fans is not acceptable IMO.

However, Lennon being absent is no excuse for players taking liberties. They aren't children that need to be watched all hours of the day. Sad state of affairs if grown men can't be trusted to behave when the managers back is turned.

Callum_62
21-01-2018, 08:05 PM
As much as I rather he didn't, I actually don't mind Lennon attending the odd celtic event. He's a very highly regarded ex-player and manager of theirs and he's also a fan . However, not if it involves leaving us to do it. If it's in his spare time then fair enough, he can do what he wants but when he's away at a trainign camp with us or such like his full focus must be us and only us. Leaving our training camp that hibs have paid a lot of money for in preparation for a Scottish Cup derby, a game that means a lot for our season and means a lot to the fans is not acceptable IMO.

However, Lennon being absent is no excuse for players taking liberties. They aren't children that need to be watched all hours of the day. Sad state of affairs if grown men can't be trusted to behave when the managers back is turned.

I thought they had some time off.....presumably Neil too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Yep, all rather annoying. They are supposed to be professional athletes.....deary ****ing me they play for hibs, not Barcelona, they had a lot to work on.
They should have been shattered at night, having worked on their wrong/weaker foot, or throw ins.....how about movement off the ball....
I'd sell the 3 of them as an example if you want to play for hibs we expect you to be professional at all times to make the most of your career.
Today's standard was truly awful

A wee aside and an anecdote, but a friend of mine (sadly departed) told me that when the Barca players were staying in St Andrews they phoned a local cab firm (my mates) for taxis into town. They duly provided said taxis and were then instructed by the players to 'take them to get sweets' :faf: my late friend didn't know if this was 'code' for something more sinister and asked them to explain - apparently Guardiola didn't even allow sweets and confectionery on their training camps, so my mate and a couple of other cabbies had to take them to all-night garages to stock up on sweets and bloody haribo :greengrin

That's the kind of 'misbehaviour' on a training camp that I like hearing about :greengrin

flash
21-01-2018, 08:14 PM

Football supporters like their own teams manager. Whatever next.

ronaldo7
21-01-2018, 08:15 PM

We only need one. I'm sure we could manufacture hell hill again. :greengrin

ionahibby
21-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Surprised Boyle is avoiding all this. If Lennon wants to be consistent and fair with punishment he really should have been dropped as well imo.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Surprised Boyle is avoiding all this. If Lennon wants to be consistent and fair with punishment he really should have been dropped as well imo.

When he got done drink driving he should have been punted for me - but that's a personal and emotive thing.

silverhibee
21-01-2018, 08:42 PM
And this post should end the thread :aok: perfectly put SH :agree:

Should actually be posted in the dressing room - the club at the moment might charge us for it though :greengrin

There is obviously benefits for the players going to training camps and getting to train in the hot weather, but pretty pointless saying to the players, a few beers then up to your rooms after it, " training camp" should mean just that and Lennon should have known Stokes would kick the arse out of it, he has previous under Lennon.

They would have been getting hot chocolate before bed time and be grateful for that. :greengrin

tamig
21-01-2018, 08:46 PM
When he got done drink driving he should have been punted for me - but that's a personal and emotive thing.

Why should he have been punted? The court dealt with him.

Biggie
21-01-2018, 08:53 PM

You think it's a-ok for hibs to employ convicted drink drivers ?
Not to mention he's on a pedastal for many young easily influenced males

jacomo
21-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Why? What’s happened to them?

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:56 PM

Because as I stressed in my post it's a personal thing with me - absolutely open to folk disagreeing however I have my own (emotive) reasons. It's a despicable thing to do and 'chance it'. Enough reason for me to show the door to someone.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:57 PM
There is obviously benefits for the players going to training camps and getting to train in the hot weather, but pretty pointless saying to the players, a few beers then up to your rooms after it, " training camp" should mean just that and Lennon should have known Stokes would kick the arse out of it, he has previous under Lennon.

They would have been getting hot chocolate before bed time and be grateful for that. :greengrin

Cadbury's or Bourneville ? :greengrin

tamig
21-01-2018, 08:58 PM

Yes I do. Not many employers will automatically dismiss you if you’re convicted. I have no problem with that.

tamig
21-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Because as I stressed in my post it's a personal thing with me - absolutely open to folk disagreeing however I have my own (emotive) reasons. It's a despicable thing to do and 'chance it'. Enough reason for me to show the door to someone.

Fair enough. I don’t agree with that stance though but respect your view.

guthrie01
21-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Sure it would be the moral thing to do but he would just end up at one of our rivals as soon as we punted him

snooky
21-01-2018, 09:01 PM
We only need one. I'm sure we could manufacture hell hill again. :greengrin

There are (or were?) two 'training' hills at EM that "Six-pack" had built and have never been used (as far as I know).

silverhibee
21-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Cadbury's or Bourneville ? :greengrin

Cadburys, with boiled milk. :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
21-01-2018, 09:04 PM
:agree: They weren’t in Portugal for a holiday. As you say they all had a week off before they went to Portugal.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Cadburys, with boiled milk. :thumbsup:

We have a winner :greengrin brightens up a bad day SH :aok:

Deansy
21-01-2018, 09:14 PM
The second Boyle missed his sitter I thought, “would have scored that if he wasn’t out on the sauce”
Totally irrational but he’s left himself wide open to that thinking

I really like Boyle, he looks a player that's enjoying his football, he plays with a smile on his face - but the number of one-on-one's he's missed this season is ridiculous !. Everyone can see his problem is he's one-footed so why isn't this being worked on in training ??. Even if he was just average with his left-foot he would've scored today !

21-01-2018, 09:17 PM

In hindsight yes it was a bad idea but tbh you can forgive Lennon for thinking at the time that a group of grown adults, professional sportsmen could be trusted to have a couple of beers and be sensible. His trust was totally abused by players who clearly couldn't handle being given a bit of responsibility. Not Lennons fault IMO but i'm sure he's now learned that in future it's just better to have a complete ban on it altogether.

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 09:22 PM
It's not a bad idea to give them night off it's ****ing ridiculous the night cannot end on a decent and normal note, these guys are adults ffs no excuses at all. Disgrace the lot of them involved.

The Pointer
21-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Why is it so-called professional footballers can't behave in a mature fashion? You'd think that by the time they got to playing for the first team with all the back room staff, physios, fitness coaches, nutritionists et al they'd be worried about the calorie count in a pint of lager and their ability to train the following day.

Another question is, Lennon can't have been the only member of the management team over there so where were the other coaches and why didn't they sort things out?

WeeRussell
21-01-2018, 09:41 PM

Do La Liga clubs go on the skite during training camps? I don’t get the reference...

21-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Why is it so-called professional footballers can't behave in a mature fashion? You'd think that by the time they got to playing for the first team with all the back room staff, physios, fitness coaches, nutritionists et al they'd be worried about the calorie count in a pint of lager and their ability to train the following day.

Another question is, Lennon can't have been the only member of the management team over there so where were the other coaches and why didn't they sort things out?

Because presumably they didn't feel they had to tag along and babsit a group of grown men. Much like Lennon they understandably assumed that proffessional sportsmen who are at a training camp to prepare for one of the biggest games of the season could be mature enough to handle just going out for 1 or 2 and not make a mockery of the club.

MoscowHibs
21-01-2018, 09:46 PM

He isnae the bus driver, he doesnt need his driving licence to run about the pitch. I respect yer views but it's hardly the crime of the century. If he injured someone whist drink driving then yeah, punt him, but he didnae.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Do La Liga clubs go on the skite during training camps? I don’t get the reference...

Nope, but if you read other posts of mine you'll see that they get taxis to all-night garages to buy sweets :greengrin

My point was that our lads, only some of them, think they are in the 'La Liga' bracket of footballers - when in all reality many are just very average footballers who are lucky to even be where they are and earn what they do. In Scottish football you get more from work rate, desire and giving it your all. I think we have a few in our side who still think you can train, play and bevvy. You simply can't anymore. It's called making sacrifices - a couple in our squad can't make them and as such their career will suffer and fizzle out.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 10:38 PM
He isnae the bus driver, he doesnt need his driving licence to run about the pitch. I respect yer views but it's hardly the crime of the century. If he injured someone whist drink driving then yeah, punt him, but he didnae.

Fortunately for other road users he was caught before he did injure someone and commit a 'crime of the century'.

He's an arse, end of story - and very lucky the club supported him AND offered him continued (improved) employment for another few years. I'm not wishing to take any moral high ground believe me (and I agree, maybe my own issues with the subject cloud it), but for a player who has already been all over social media drinking on four day benders and receiving plaudits for it (after a cup win), to then get caught drink driving and them last week have an impromptu bevvy session on a professional training camp as part of his job - that all rings alarm bells and tells me it's a guy who really doesn't give a sook when it comes to his career and maybe, just maybe, thinks alcohol doesn't impair athleticism. I think it does and always has done.

Very short career, not asking them to live like monks, but purely to be professional throughout an 9 month season of football :aok: oh and not drink drive :agree:

McD
21-01-2018, 10:40 PM
You wonder, how much the flights, the accommodation, the training facilities, the food, transportation, organisation, etc all cost for this trip to Portugal. Could that money have been spent on wages for a potential recruit.

and the sad thing is, the majority of the squad appear to have not taken the piss and treated it as a professional trip (albeit not showing their true mettle today). They have acted as we would want them to.

the 3 who haven’t, who have flung back what appears to be a pretty good perk of an already attractive job in the face of the club, really have let themselves down. Stokes in particular has only just weeks ago had his arse kicked for indiscretions, amongst continued rumours of lateness and other negative aspects, you’d think they could appreciate what they’ve got, but no.

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Fortunately for other road users he was caught before he did injure someone and commit a 'crime of the century'.

He's an arse, end of story - and very lucky the club supported him AND offered him continued (improved) employment for another few years. I'm not wishing to take any moral high ground believe me (and I agree, maybe my own issues with the subject cloud it), but for a player who has already been all over social media drinking on four day benders and receiving plaudits for it (after a cup win), to then get caught drink driving and them last week have an impromptu bevvy session on a professional training camp as part of his job - that all rings alarm bells and tells me it's a guy who really doesn't give a sook when it comes to his career and maybe, just maybe, thinks alcohol doesn't impair athleticism. I think it does and always has done.

Very short career, not asking them to live like monks, but purely to be professional throughout an 9 month season of football :aok: oh and not drink drive :agree:

Good post IMO. I think he needs to have a serious word with himself in regard to drinking if he can't turn the tap off. He got a second chance and he's blown that too.

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 10:44 PM
The whole affair is absolutely pathetic it really is, I hope it was all worth it for them.

McD
21-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Nope, but if you read other posts of mine you'll see that they get taxis to all-night garages to buy sweets :greengrin

My point was that our lads, only some of them, think they are in the 'La Liga' bracket of footballers - when in all reality many are just very average footballers who are lucky to even be where they are and earn what they do. In Scottish football you get more from work rate, desire and giving it your all. I think we have a few in our side who still think you can train, play and bevvy. You simply can't anymore. It's called making sacrifices - a couple in our squad can't make them and as such their career will suffer and fizzle out.

Im friendly with someone who was a young pro at top Scottish club, on the fringes of the first team, who did the ‘drinking whenever it suited, no one can tell I’m still drunk at training’ routine, and now is very open about regretting that and not applying himself and throwing his opportunity away.

he was in his late teens and early twenties. We have players who are older and should be wiser, who are making the same mistakes. How many more chances does stokes think he’ll get? Does Boyle expect another pay rise if he keeps on acting this way? Swanson has had a very rough year and had nothing but full support from the club, despite indifferent performances when he has been fit and available, the club put his personal situation above all else, and this is how he responds? its really quite sad, and probably an insight into why Scottish football (stokes being Irish of course) is sinking lower and lower.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Im friendly with someone who was a young pro at top Scottish club, on the fringes of the first team, who did the ‘drinking whenever it suited, no one can tell I’m still drunk at training’ routine, and now is very open about regretting that and not applying himself and throwing his opportunity away.

he was in his late teens and early twenties. We have players who are older and should be wiser, who are making the same mistakes. How many more chances does stokes think he’ll get? Does Boyle expect another pay rise if he keeps on acting this way? Swanson has had a very rough year and had nothing but full support from the club, despite indifferent performances when he has been fit and available, the club put his personal situation above all else, and this is how he responds? its really quite sad, and probably an insight into why Scottish football (stokes being Irish of course) is sinking lower and lower.

Good post and I also don't think it's a Scottish problem - we have a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol full stop.

Sorry that your friend didn't make it but more encouraged that he realised why :aok:

Other footballing nations have overtaken us because in the main they have adopted a professional approach and see sports science as the way forward. Of course you'll get players at the lash and the few that party a lot. Important aspect of sport and being successful however is being disciplined and training properly - some of our lads clearly can't do that and take the ****. The one thing Hibs has at present is a tight unit and core of players who won't accept anyone doing that. It would appear that the vast majority of players are (rightly) forcing Lennon's hand and I absolutely agree they should. Can't have rules for one or two and others for the rest. That's why I'm surprised Boyle has 'survived' the cull that's about to come. His only saving grace is his recently announced deal as that would make the club look foolish.

Forza Fred
21-01-2018, 11:36 PM
We lose 1-0 to our city rivals, after having gone 9 games unbeaten against them, and it seems for some, the world is about to end!

We were dug stuff today, as were our opponents.

At some point Hearts we’re going to beat us.

They did today with a spawns goal in the last few minutes of a forgettable performance by both sides.

Learn from it and move on.

Personally, if we only lose to Hearts every tenth game, then I’m quite comfortable with that in the bigger picture.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2018, 11:44 PM

that event should have been a wake-up call for him, then the training camp episode shortly after his driving ban......if he loses his speed then he will be in a bit of a pickle with his footballing career...imo of course

eastcoasthibby
22-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Hopefully Swanson,Boyle and Stokes have been hammered with fines ....Stokes without having any real evidence is a problem and his antics.during.his career point to his professionalism being very questionable. Boyle just got a new contract maybe he thinks he is a couple of notches up the pecking order after another missed sitter dont think so ! Swanson for being a Hibs fan has done nothing to exert that fact in his time with us instwad.joins the.other.two.in taking taking the £iss .....those left here to play, need.to repay the club and fans big style ...getting any thanks for their efforts will be a long way off if it ever happens.
And while.we are a, it Efe needs.to get his act.together as well cos it.seems.he is another.taking the £iss with his wanders.back.home late for training and whatever else ...the rules and.expectations are for the whole.team no more billy big shots its a team that wins matches !

ismisebigo
22-01-2018, 12:26 AM
fortunately for other road users he was caught before he did injure someone and commit a 'crime of the century'.

He's an arse, end of story - and very lucky the club supported him and offered him continued (improved) employment for another few years. I'm not wishing to take any moral high ground believe me (and i agree, maybe my own issues with the subject cloud it), but for a player who has already been all over social media drinking on four day benders and receiving plaudits for it (after a cup win), to then get caught drink driving and them last week have an impromptu bevvy session on a professional training camp as part of his job - that all rings alarm bells and tells me it's a guy who really doesn't give a sook when it comes to his career and maybe, just maybe, thinks alcohol doesn't impair athleticism. I think it does and always has done.

Very short career, not asking them to live like monks, but purely to be professional throughout an 9 month season of football :aok: Oh and not drink drive :agree:

when was stokes ever convicted of drink driving ???

truehibernian
22-01-2018, 12:39 AM

Eh I think if you read the posts I am referring to Martin Boyle :aok: keep up :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2018, 12:41 AM
lol

truehibernian
22-01-2018, 12:44 AM
lol

I should have put (legal) in bold just so they got the point I was making Cabbage :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2018, 12:44 AM

stokes tucks a hip flask down his shorts, well...i think it's a hip flask(non-legal)

:)

BS44
22-01-2018, 01:16 AM

And as it turns out it was two can dan Boyle who set off the fire alarm at the hotel in Portugal

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2018, 01:42 AM
i just googled martin boyle and it comes up that he's 53kg in weight :confused: surely getting mixed up with the weight of his carryoot bag(s)

:)

JimBHibees
22-01-2018, 06:11 AM

It certainly seems to bother you you seem a bit obsessed about Lennon and his Celtic connections. Sounds like an agenda

MoscowHibs
22-01-2018, 08:13 AM

I totally get where you are coming from, and agree with you to a degree. I think there are other options rather than sacking him, counseling, curfew, I don’t know, I’m no expert in the matter. My nephew went to school with squirrel and says he is a bit of an arse, and being a father now you would think he would screw the nut. I came back from Easter road last year and squirrel came mincing past me on Dundee Kingsway, and I would think doing twice the speed limit, so it might be he has issues and getting hammered is the answer, wrongly, in his eyes.

SquashedFrogg
22-01-2018, 08:26 AM

Garbage. Players unable to pass to a team mate cost us. Error strewn 2nd half after a semi decent first was to blame. Boyle missing another golden chance. Poor marking etc.

If your manager at work is out the office for a short period of time do you just sack it?

Team on the pitch to blame for yesterday IMO.

SeanWilson
22-01-2018, 08:27 AM
I totally get where you are coming from, and agree with you to a degree. I think there are other options rather than sacking him, counseling, curfew, I don’t know, I’m no expert in the matter. My nephew went to school with squirrel and says he is a bit of an arse, and being a father now you would think he would screw the nut. I came back from Easter road last year and squirrel came mincing past me on Dundee Kingsway, and I would think doing twice the speed limit, so it might be he has issues and getting hammered is the answer, wrongly, in his eyes.
Comes across as quite immature but I don't think he's a dad?

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 08:29 AM

What. Is. This. Utter. Pi5h?

Captain Trips
22-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Perhaps today certain individuals can stay on today and do a bit extra training maybe practice not hitting shots right at GK or wide from 2 yards.

Liam978
22-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Totally agree CT, brings back unhappy memories when our build up to a cup final against Celtic imploded thanks to one Russel Latapy.