PDA

View Full Version : Incident at the goal

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Utter **** whoever decided to throw a broken glass bottle into the Hibs stand from the Wheatfield stand during the celebration of their goal. Fortunately I don't think anyone was hurt but it landed just a few feet along from me on the wheelchair platform.

The consequences could have been disastrous for anyone it may have struck.

The police and stewards were aware of it so hopefully the culprit is picked up on CCTV.

Absolutely shameful behaviour.

Kaff
21-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Yeah, unbelievable madness. Very lucky it didn't cause serious injury. Can't have missed you by much?

iwasthere1972
21-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Utter **** whoever decided to throw a broken glass bottle into the Hibs stand from the Wheatfield stand during the celebration of their goal. Fortunately I don't think anyone was hurt but it landed just a few feet along from me on the wheelchair platform.

The police and stewards were aware of it so hopefully the culprit is picked up on CCTV.

That's shocking. Really hope that the person responsible for this stupid and cowardly act is caught and gets a suitable punishment.

Kaff
21-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Tbh jail is the only suitable punishment, it flew past my eye line at some speed, that wasn't 'lobbed' over

kaimendhibs
21-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mentalhibee
21-01-2018, 05:42 PM
They are absolute ****bags.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Yeah, unbelievable madness. Very lucky it didn't cause serious injury. Can't have missed you by much?

It landed about 10ft away from me. I actually moved along just before kick off. If I had stayed in my original space, it would have probably hit me.

Kaff
21-01-2018, 06:26 PM
It landed about 10ft away from me. I actually moved along just before kick off. If I had stayed in my original space, it would have probably hit me.

Glad to hear you are ok

21-01-2018, 06:28 PM
****bags. Glad to hear it didn't hit anyone but if it had that would have been very nasty indeed.

Franck Stanton
21-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Watched game on TV as am in Spain just now. Now I may be wrong but was sure I saw a banana thrown from the new stand area towards Bartley, down near corner with our fans. May be wrong but certainly looked that way to me and the guys (neutrals) in the pub

greenlex
21-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Watched game on TV as am in Spain just now. Now I may be wrong but was sure I saw a banana thrown from the new stand area towards Bartley, down near corner with our fans. May be wrong but certainly looked that way to me and the guys (neutrals) in the pub
Don’t think it was. Something was thrown at Malinkovic just after he had squared up to Marv.

wookie70
21-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Don’t think it was. Something was thrown at Malinkovic just after he had squared up to Marv. Think it was a pie and it came from a brain dead Hibs fan. throwing bottles is something far more serious and I agree should bea court case and a severe penalty. Mindless acts like throwing a bottle can have life changing consequences if someone is hit.

WeeRussell
21-01-2018, 06:50 PM

That’s terrible! When you say broken, you mean it was broken prior to being thrown at the hibs fans? (Know it maybe doesn’t make a great deal of difference would just seen more pre-meditated)

Hibby70
21-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Shocking - but let's not think for a minute that we don't have the same element of Neanderthal in our support.

The vast majority however in both supports are relatively decent folk as seen and heard on 30 minutes.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 06:52 PM
I was speaking to Policeman I know said he was hit by a coin thrown from the Hibs end and both sets of fans were throwing coins. (He is a Hibby so no agenda)

Certainly there are idiots on both sides however I agree if the bottle thrower is identified they should be jailed.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Think it was a pie and it came from a brain dead Hibs fan. throwing bottles is something far more serious and I agree should bea court case and a severe penalty. Mindless acts like throwing a bottle can have life changing consequences if someone is hit.

Definitely a pie, was thrown from near me.

Didn't know about the bottle incident, seriously unpleasant.

My experience today was of crowd generally very subdued, and better behaved than usual. Worst thing I saw all day was the huge amount of vandalism on the route from Roseburn, presumably the graffiti was sprayed under the cover of the "corteo".

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 06:58 PM
That’s terrible! When you say broken, you mean it was broken prior to being thrown at the hibs fans? (Know it maybe doesn’t make a great deal of difference would just seen more pre-meditated)

I believe so, I can't be certain but I didn't see it smash or anything. I just saw the top of a bottle lying on the wheelchair platform, a wee boy in tears as he was frightened and several people going mental trying to report it to the police and stewards.

21-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Idiots throwing coins and pies on both sides. No excuse for that whatsoever but a glass bottle is a whole different level of idiocy, that could have caused a very serious injury and possibly even blinded someone if they got glass shattered in their eye.

Bizarre way to celebrate your team scoring anyway :confused: Moronic, cowardly act of the highest order.

Aim Here
21-01-2018, 07:01 PM

My experience today was of crowd generally very subdued, and better behaved than usual. Worst thing I saw all day was the huge amount of vandalism on the route from Roseburn, presumably the graffiti was sprayed under the cover of the "corteo".

Not today's 'corteo'. I was ahead of the procession and the graffiti was already there. Maybe it was placed there during an earlier derby.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Not today's 'corteo'. I was ahead of the procession and the graffiti was already there. Maybe it was placed there during an earlier derby.

I walked back that way after the last one and it wasn't there then, looked freshly done, could have been done earlier this morning I suppose but would have taken a lot of people a lot of time to do that volume of spraying.

Blaster
21-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Bottle was thrown first as soon as they scored. Then for a few minutes coins were thrown by both sets of fans. Folks need to get a grip. Hate each other for 90 mins without resorting to that

The bottle being thrown is a disgrace but both are an act of cowardice

murray26
21-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Nothing unusual from them.. my first Tynecastle memory is of a golf ball flying over my head as they scored.. ass holes

calumhibee1
21-01-2018, 07:12 PM
I believe so, I can't be certain but I didn't see it smash or anything. I just saw the top of a bottle lying on the wheelchair platform, a wee boy in tears as he was frightened and several people going mental trying to report it to the police and stewards.

There was paramedics over beside the wee boy apparently so he may well have been struck by it. Absolute ****bags. There was also a lot of coins thrown unfortunately by both sets of fans but a glass bottle is a lot more likely to cause serious/permanent damage. There was also a steward who was lying sparkled out on his back in front of the area where the bottle came from. I don't know if he slipped or if somebody floored him but he was down for a good few seconds and he didn't look to sure about getting back up.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 07:16 PM
There was paramedics over beside the wee boy apparently so he may well have been struck by it. Absolute ****bags. There was also a lot of coins thrown unfortunately by both sets of fans but a glass bottle is a lot more likely to cause serious/permanent damage. There was also a steward who was lying sparkled out on his back in front of the area where the bottle came from. I don't know if he slipped or if somebody floored him but he was down for a good few seconds and he didn't look to sure about getting back up.

If it's the same wee boy I'm talking about (front row of the "upper tier") then thankfully he just got a fright as the woman he was with said that to the steward who was checking on him.

fishybeaver
21-01-2018, 07:23 PM
I was right behind a small kid when this happened, if it hadn't have been for a small metal bar, he was taking it full on in the face, both off us and a few others were showered in glass, how now one got hurt was just pure luck, nothing else.
I will be contacting the police tomorrow to ask.if they will be following this is up. The bottle came in like a missile, not lobbed etc.
I don't hold hearts responsible for an obvious idiots behaviour but how on earth do you get in with a 750ml bottle of buckfast and not get spotted.
It really could have been so much worse, frightening to be honest to think that a child could have been seriously injured due to an individual's behaviour at a football match.

calumhibee1
21-01-2018, 07:32 PM
If it's the same wee boy I'm talking about (front row of the "upper tier") then thankfully he just got a fright as the woman he was with said that to the steward who was checking on him.

It would have been. Good news that he wasn't hurt. :agree:

calumhibee1
21-01-2018, 07:35 PM
I was right behind a small kid when this happened, if it hadn't have been for a small metal bar, he was taking it full on in the face, both off us and a few others were showered in glass, how now one got hurt was just pure luck, nothing else.
I will be contacting the police tomorrow to ask.if they will be following this is up. The bottle came in like a missile, not lobbed etc.
I don't hold hearts responsible for an obvious idiots behaviour but how on earth do you get in with a 750ml bottle of buckfast and not get spotted.
It really could have been so much worse, frightening to be honest to think that a child could have been seriously injured due to an individual's behaviour at a football match.

To be fair, I don't think anyone can be blamed for someone getting in with it. Short of stopping and patting down every single person going into the stadium it's impossible to spot someone concealing one, especially at this time of year. With the amount of clothes I had on today and the fact I didn't get searched I probably could have snuck 5 or 6 bottles in. As you said though, that bottle hits someone in the face at the speed that it came in and there's a decent chance whoever it hit would be blind and permanently disfigured.

fishybeaver
21-01-2018, 07:36 PM
It would have been. Good news that he wasn't hurt. :agree:
It was him, today was his lucky day!!

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 07:39 PM

As the home team, Hearts are responsible for the stewarding though and if it had been more serious then that's what would have played out in court if it had got that far. They would have been liable.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the person responsible. Who celebrates a late derby goal by deciding to chuck a glass bottle into the opposition fans?

BullsCloseHibs
21-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Plenty coins for them to collect to keep their team going then.
Don't you just hate that manky mob. Utter trash they are. Hope they die. Again.

21-01-2018, 08:11 PM

Unfortunately quite easily I would imagine. None of the people I went with today got searched and we all had big jackets on so if we had wanted to I imagine we could have quite easily got through with a bottle stuffed inside our jackets. In fairness to the stewards/police, thats pretty hard to stop unless your going to rub down search every single person who goes in which is totally impractical.

murray26
21-01-2018, 08:15 PM
It’s quite easy.. the key is not to embarrass your club and lob it onto the park when it’s empty 👍

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Some photos of a smashed Buckfast bottle on Twitter, don't know if its the same one, Jambos suggesting this one was dropped rather than thrown.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2018, 10:29 PM
What is this? Point scoring? He said she said!! Our fans are idiots too, did nobody see the clown that jumped the hordings and tried to attach the hearts fans in section G?

EastCalderHibby
21-01-2018, 10:50 PM
they are absolute ****bags.

total **** of the earth diet huns

calumhibee1
21-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Some photos of a smashed Buckfast bottle on Twitter, don't know if its the same one, Jambos suggesting this one was dropped rather than thrown.

Dropped from the Wheatfield into the Hibs end at speed. No bother Jambos. Plenty around me seen it. I’m not even going to generalise all hearts fans and call them ****bags for it, because I know the vast majority wouldn’t dream of doing that. But the guy that done it is the **** of the earth.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 11:12 PM
What is this? Point scoring? He said she said!! Our fans are idiots too, did nobody see the clown that jumped the hordings and tried to attach the hearts fans in section G?

No-one's saying we don't have idiots in our support.

I would suggest that chucking a glass bottle into a crowded area is FAR more dangerous and FAR more serious than some headcase jumping over hoardings and running towards the Hearts fans.

calumhibee1
22-01-2018, 06:32 AM
No-one's saying we don't have idiots in our support.

I would suggest that chucking a glass bottle into a crowded area is FAR more dangerous and FAR more serious than some headcase jumping over hoardings and running towards the Hearts fans.

Exactly. Whoever threw it was trying to maim a Hibs fan. And not even a particular Hibs fan, just any Hibs fan. A child was almost the victim.

WeeRussell
22-01-2018, 11:26 AM

Are you suggesting that a glass bottle being thrown into a crowd and almost pelting a young child in the face isn't worthy of bringing up, because we have some ar*ehole fans like every other club :confused:

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2018, 11:32 AM

Ah good old whataboutery.

CropleyWasGod
22-01-2018, 11:47 AM

Doubt it's the same one. The one on Twatter looks like it was taken on a sunny day.

HarpyHibby
22-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Doubt it's the same one. The one on Twatter looks like it was taken on a sunny day.

Nonsense. The ground is lit by floodlights. The stands aren't darkened caves. It landed in the top row of the lower tier, Section H.

I was standing about 5 rows down and 10 seats to the right. The bottle came straight over from Section G seconds after they scored. It was a miracle it never hit anyone.

I heard at work today the ******** who threw it was aiming for the guy in the front row with the tri-colour. The alleged culprit and the intended victim are both from Tranent. Hopefully it was caught on CCTV. Section N and Section G seem to attract people from the total doldrums of society.

CropleyWasGod
22-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Nonsense. The ground is lit by floodlights. The stands aren't darkened caves. It landed in the top row of the lower tier, Section H.

I was standing about 5 rows down and 10 seats to the right. The bottle came straight over from Section G seconds after they scored. It was a miracle it never hit anyone.

I heard at work today the ******** who threw it was aiming for the guy in the front row with the tri-colour. The alleged culprit and the intended victim are both from Tranent. Hopefully it was caught on CCTV. Section N and Section G seem to attract people from the total doldrums of society.

Think you've misread my post. I was commenting on the photo on Twitter, nothing else. Looks like a sunny day to me.

HarpyHibby
22-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Think you've misread my post. I was commenting on the photo on Twitter, nothing else. Looks like a sunny day to me.

Sorry mate, only the first part of my post was to you. I think the floodlights are giving the impression that its a sunny day. Someone on Twitter also questioned where the snow was.. the roof covering the stand being the obvious reason for its absence.

CropleyWasGod
22-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Sorry mate, only the first part of my post was to you. I think the floodlights are giving the impression that its a sunny day. Someone on Twitter also questioned where the snow was.. the roof covering the stand being the obvious reason for its absence.

Fair enough.

:greengrin at the snow

Nakedmanoncrack
22-01-2018, 03:45 PM
The one on twitter does look from the stains on the guys trousers to have been dropped rather than thrown as per the incident being talked about.

The Modfather
22-01-2018, 03:54 PM
The Derby brings out the worst in both supports. I was in the front row behind the goals and and someone threw an empty Vodka bottle into the 6 yard box. The Hearts keeper wasn’t there so wasn’t thrown at him but what’s the point?!

There was also a Hibee in the queue to the turnstiles having a right go at the Police with some bizarre rant about working class v upper class. The police woman took it in good spirits and was joking that she was quite chuffed to be called upper class. He kept up the rant for about 5 minutes.

CropleyWasGod
22-01-2018, 03:56 PM
The Derby brings out the worst in both supports. I was in the front row behind the goals and and someone threw an empty Vodka bottle into the 6 yard box. The Hearts keeper wasn’t there so wasn’t thrown at him but what’s the point?!

There was also a Hibee in the queue to the turnstiles having a right go at the Police with some bizarre rant about working class v upper class. The police woman took it in good spirits and was joking that she was quite chuffed to be called upper class. He kept up the rant for about 5 minutes.

The window is still open. Sign him up to take our throw-ins.

The Modfather
22-01-2018, 03:59 PM
The window is still open. Sign him up to take our throw-ins.

Thought you were advocating signing me until I read your post properly 😢

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Are you suggesting that a glass bottle being thrown into a crowd and almost pelting a young child in the face isn't worthy of bringing up, because we have some ar*ehole fans like every other club :confused:

No I’m saying that both sets fans are bad as each other. Objects were thrown at the hearts keeper from our end and the Hibs fan who jumped the barrier to “square go” the numpties in section G. Incredibly he was not lifted just put back into the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
22-01-2018, 04:19 PM
No I’m saying that both sets fans are bad as each other. Objects were thrown at the hearts keeper from our end and the Hibs fan who jumped the barrier to “square go” the numpties in section G. Incredibly he was not lifted just put back into the crowd.

You’re correct - idiots the right term for all those involved in the above. If a thread was started on any of them I’d condemn them too (regardless of which side). I’ve only been to one game against them at tynecastle and it did seem to back-up the idea that it brings out the worst in both sets of fans!

This glass bottle incident is another level though.

givescotlandfreedom
22-01-2018, 04:28 PM

I must have been next to you. That bloke was an idiot even had a go at folk in the front row sitting down so a young child behind could see. Whilst he had his kid with him.

RamYer1902
22-01-2018, 10:48 PM

I loved it to be honest :dunno:

Sir David Gray
22-01-2018, 11:02 PM

This was your original post on this thread;

That suggested that you were trying to make out that highlighting the bottle incident was somehow sensationalising things and being petty just because we have a few bad eggs in our support.

This incident was at the extreme end of the scale for the potential for serious injury to have occurred and it's only through sheer luck that that didn't happen. God forbid if this is reciprocated at the next derby by Hibs fans throwing a bottle into the Hearts end then I'll repeat my condemnation of that too.

These type of incidents need to be dealt with in their own right. The throwing of glass bottles is on a whole different level from the usual unruly behaviour that is seen at almost every derby match and needs to be highlighted and condemned by every right thinking person, regardless of which team they support.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 11:07 PM
This was your original post on this thread;

That suggested that you were trying to make out that highlighting the bottle incident was somehow sensationalising things and being petty just because we have a few bad eggs in our support.

This incident was at the extreme end of the scale for the potential for serious injury to have occurred and it's only through sheer luck that that didn't happen. God forbid if this is reciprocated at the next derby by Hibs fans throwing a bottle into the Hearts end then I'll repeat my condemnation of that too.

These type of incidents need to be dealt with in their own right. The throwing of glass bottles is on a whole different level from the usual unruly behaviour that is seen at almost every derby match and needs to be highlighted and condemned by every right thinking person, regardless of which team they support.

Blame lies with the stewards and Hearts here! We were searched on entry to the stadium, were the home fans? Surely this will have been captured on cctv.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2018, 11:13 PM
Blame lies with the stewards and Hearts here! We were searched on entry to the stadium, were the home fans?

I don't think it's practical to search almost 20,000 people to be honest, it would take hours to get everyone into the stadium. The only way around that would be for everyone to go through an airport style body scanner which is never likely to happen any time soon. The blame will always rest with the home team though, rightly or wrongly. As I said earlier in the thread, if an injury had occurred at the game, Hearts would have been held responsible if it had been taken to court.

Hermit Crab
22-01-2018, 11:24 PM
I don't think it's practical to search almost 20,000 people to be honest, it would take hours to get everyone into the stadium. The only way around that would be for everyone to go through an airport style body scanner which is never likely to happen any time soon. The blame will always rest with the home team though, rightly or wrongly. As I said earlier in the thread, if an injury had occurred at the game, Hearts would have been held responsible if it had been taken to court.

Theres a tweet and a picture claiming it did cause injury?? Is this not the case?

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Theres a tweet and a picture claiming it did cause injury?? Is this not the case?

I didn't see anything at the time but I wouldn't be surprised if someone was injured. I hope whoever it is, is alright.

Kaff
23-01-2018, 10:11 AM
The only thing that saved the idiot who threw the bottle was the area that separates the lower and upper seats. He maybe aimed it to land in there but i can't honestly accept that, imagine if that was into a general area of the crowd? There would have been no way someone wouldnt have been struck.
I didnt see it land but i saw the trajectory and it was coming in straight from a powerful 'javelin' like throw, it wasn't lobbed over and landed safely in an unoccupied area. Someone above says it hit the railing in front of the yound child and that must have been very frightening even without the potential of broken glass showering him. I'm assuming it was a boy as a father was going mental about it to a copper and the stewards, there wasn't enough concern being shown about the severity of the incident imo although all the other coppers were occupied at the front of the Wheatfield of course.
I know you have the reputation for this sort of stance and whether its intended as wind up or not youre totally wrong Hermit. By all means deride our support for pitch invasion etc but I don't think it should be used to try and dilute this incident as it has to be isolated and dealt with as the serious attempt to injure that it is and not soom mindless act of hooligan bravado.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 12:55 PM
The only thing that saved the idiot who threw the bottle was the area that separates the lower and upper seats. He maybe aimed it to land in there but i can't honestly accept that, imagine if that was into a general area of the crowd? There would have been no way someone wouldnt have been struck.
I didnt see it land but i saw the trajectory and it was coming in straight from a powerful 'javelin' like throw, it wasn't lobbed over and landed safely in an unoccupied area. Someone above says it hit the railing in front of the yound child and that must have been very frightening even without the potential of broken glass showering him. I'm assuming it was a boy as a father was going mental about it to a copper and the stewards, there wasn't enough concern being shown about the severity of the incident imo although all the other coppers were occupied at the front of the Wheatfield of course.
I know you have the reputation for this sort of stance and whether its intended as wind up or not youre totally wrong Hermit. By all means deride our support for pitch invasion etc but I don't think it should be used to try and dilute this incident as it has to be isolated and dealt with as the serious attempt to injure that it is and not soom mindless act of hooligan bravado.

Correct, well said.

That area you refer to between the upper and lower section of the stand is the wheelchair platform. It's simply good fortune that the area the bottle landed in wasn't occupied by a wheelchair user and their carer. As I said earlier, I initially sat there when I first arrived at the ground on Sunday and only moved along just before kick off.

The consequences of that hitting someone in the face or neck really don't bear thinking about.

Kaff
23-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Correct, well said.

That area you refer to between the upper and lower section of the stand is the wheelchair platform. It's simply good fortune that the area the bottle landed in wasn't occupied by a wheelchair user and their carer. As I said earlier, I initially sat there when I first arrived at the ground on Sunday and only moved along just before kick off.

The consequences of that hitting someone in the face or neck really don't bear thinking about.

Yes as you say it is an area for the wheelchair users so no excuse for any object to be thrown there as it was being legitimately occupied by you and, i assume, your carer. Where it landed was right beside the space i saw you at earlier in the game right enough

Hermit Crab
23-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Correct, well said.

Well if this is where the bottle landed then the twitter picture posted by a well known hibs fan is false it shows a broken bottle between the rows of seats and not the wheelchair area.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Well if this is where the bottle landed then the twitter picture posted by a well known hibs fan is false it shows a broken bottle between the rows of seats and not the wheelchair area.

The bits I saw were certainly on the wheelchair platform, whether other parts of the bottle were between rows of seats further back, I cannot confirm or deny.

fat freddy
23-01-2018, 07:07 PM
I dont want to start a new thread so I'll stick this in here...
What was the official attendance on Sunday? I've done a wee search but can't find it. Cheers

Hermit Crab
23-01-2018, 07:20 PM
I dont want to start a new thread so I'll stick this in here...
What was the official attendance on Sunday? I've done a wee search but can't find it. Cheers

19,xxx or something, I heard Scott Wilson on the PA on my way out...

Kaff
23-01-2018, 07:30 PM

Not entirely sure why you're fixating on the picture on twitter. There was quite big piece of the bottle lying two rows back when we went out, the skinny copper wearing glasses picked up the neck and cap of the bottle after putting on protective gloves from the area right next to disabled carer seat and the pieces I saw were directly behind this, obvious that a bottle thrown at that speed would break further away than direct vicinity

Aldo
23-01-2018, 07:33 PM
19,xxx or something, I heard Scott Wilson on the PA on my way out...

18,500 ish is is what I have seen!

Lancs Harp
23-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Gate was 18,709

fishybeaver
23-01-2018, 08:32 PM

I am not a well known Hibs fan, but can confirm his photos are 100% spot on, trust me this fired into the crowd at a rate off knots just missed the platform where the wheel chairs were and smash off the rail just above where the wheel chairs were on the front row.
This isn't about a Hibs hearts point scoring exercise, it's about how some clowns reckless behaviour could have injured a small child. It's way beyond football rivalry!!