PDA

View Full Version : Learning?

ArmadaleHibs
21-01-2018, 05:24 PM
What do new players bring to your team. A keenness to impress, a chance to shine, a willingness to show they are worthy of coming to the club. They can many times offer more on their debut than most of the players that play week in week out. I think this was the case for hear7s today. Their two new lads stuck out today more than most and possibley pushed them forward more than others would have.

My issue is this, if you bring in new players you must think, as manager, that they can improve the team. So why at no point today did we not throw our two or at least one of the new lads to see if they could enthuse what was at times a very lack lustre hibs performance. WHY did Lennon not try something different rather than the tried and tested same old same old that has let us down on a handful of occasions already.

The fact we are happy to hit the same nail on the head every week and hope that it is good enough every time shows a lack of moving forward. Have we improved as a club since we’ve came up. Yes of course we have but we still seem to fall into the same trap every now and then that has let us down in the past. Same wrong decisions. Same substitutes, same mistakes costing us. I really don’t think we learn from errors in judgement we make.

I think what I’m trying to say is if you bring guys in to improve the team, then effing give it a go. Give them the chance to change something that guys in the team already can’t. I’m guessing these two new guys are in to make up the numbers rather than to dazzle. If this is the case it’s very disappointing.

Someone said on an other thread that we are left looking in the bargain bins for players. You very rarely get good players in the bargain bin. If you do it’s shear luck. We have record crowds, record shirt sales, record season tickets yet we are still buying players to bolster rather than change.

Will this EVER change . Will we ever learn

indiejak1413
21-01-2018, 06:16 PM
What do new players bring to your team. A keenness to impress, a chance to shine, a willingness to show they are worthy of coming to the club. They can many times offer more on their debut than most of the players that play week in week out. I think this was the case for hear7s today. Their two new lads stuck out today more than most and possibley pushed them forward more than others would have.

My issue is this, if you bring in new players you must think, as manager, that they can improve the team. So why at no point today did we not throw our two or at least one of the new lads to see if they could enthuse what was at times a very lack lustre hibs performance. WHY did Lennon not try something different rather than the tried and tested same old same old that has let us down on a handful of occasions already.

The fact we are happy to hit the same nail on the head every week and hope that it is good enough every time shows a lack of moving forward. Have we improved as a club since we’ve came up. Yes of course we have but we still seem to fall into the same trap every now and then that has let us down in the past. Same wrong decisions. Same substitutes, same mistakes costing us. I really don’t think we learn from errors in judgement we make.

I think what I’m trying to say is if you bring guys in to improve the team, then effing give it a go. Give them the chance to change something that guys in the team already can’t. I’m guessing these two new guys are in to make up the numbers rather than to dazzle. If this is the case it’s very disappointing.

Someone said on an other thread that we are left looking in the bargain bins for players. You very rarely get good players in the bargain bin. If you do it’s shear luck. We have record crowds, record shirt sales, record season tickets yet we are still buying players to bolster rather than change.

Will this EVER change . Will we ever learnI totally agree with you. I've said on this forum for a while about young players should be given more of a chance. I believe there is a philosophy at the club that certain players have to play no matter who comes in whether it's a new signing or a young player. Personally I don't think it's the management's fault.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

seanoheimhin
21-01-2018, 06:24 PM
It always gives me a sour taste to admit it, especially on a day like today, but I do wish we were giving youngsters more of a blooding earlier in their careers like the yams. We saw the promise Porteous, Murray and Shaw had at the start of the season and yet we’ve seen very little of the first two.

A bit more ambition in this area would stand us in good stead in years to come, and would maybe take the edge off a lack of success with many of our recent signings

Joe6-2
21-01-2018, 06:26 PM

Will this EVER change . Will we ever learn

Spot on

Northernhibee
21-01-2018, 06:31 PM
I don't understand why when Hearts scored the goal we didn't take a defender off and throw on the new striker. Nothing to lose and yet we did nothing to change it. Absolutely baffling.

WoreTheGreen
21-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Got 3 guys watching dvd s at E M ffs it’s not working signings been poor

ArmadaleHibs
22-01-2018, 12:56 AM
It does make you wonder

flash
22-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Yet again we sign players either not good enough or not fit enough to get in the team.
Hertz pitch their new boys right in and both stroll through the game.
This has been going on for years we keep signing people who are no better than what we have.
This is why Stevenson,for example, never gets dropped no matter how badly he is playing. We have nobody we trust to bring in.
Allied to hardly any young players being produced of the required standard it's not difficult to see why we are so up and down.

Forza Fred
22-01-2018, 07:26 AM
I don't understand why when Hearts scored the goal we didn't take a defender off and throw on the new striker. Nothing to lose and yet we did nothing to change it. Absolutely baffling.

Maybe he's not performed as good on the training ground than the video suggested he would?

pacoluna
22-01-2018, 07:30 AM

McGregor and Hanlon both went up top effectively leaving Ambrose and Stevenson as a two at the back.

greenlex
22-01-2018, 07:46 AM

Apart from leaving Efe at the back on his own land throw Hanlon and McGregor up top you’re right. Nothing.