PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings vs Hearts

leithsansiro
21-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Actually, not going to give actual numbers, but rather just general thoughts.

Marciano - some great stops from Berra and Isma, I reckon that the signing of Bain will be good to keep him on his toes
Ambrose - never looked comfortable at right back and his decision making was questionable a few times. Have their full back far too much room on occasions
Stevenson - got forward reasonably well, without offering anything
Hanlon - coped well with what was coming at him, poked reasonably comfortable
McGregor - like Hanlon, he performed well. Coped well when Isma went through and did well not to bring him dow I reckoned
Bartley - not his best game in terms of anticipating and breaking play up. Seemed to be dragged left and right rather than acting as a shield
Slivka - looked a bit rusty, though put a few good touches in. Not certain he offered any real creativity behind the forwards
McGinn - not at the races at all and tried too many Hollywood passes that didn't come off. Needs Togo back to basics and stop trying to overdo things
McGeogh - worked hard and produced some probing passes, but had little up top to hit
Shaw - looked a bit too isolated up front and needed midfield runners closer to him
Boyle - should've had us a goal ahead if he had a left foot. Gave their full back a hard first half and then looked anonymous in the second

Barker - looked lively when he came on and should've started
Murray - didn't really do anything of note and looks a different player from September sadly

Lennon - second game running against Hearts when we've looked the better team in the first half and then fallen away badly. Needs to go back to the drawing board and look at where we actually make chances from.

Oh, and sort out our throw ins please.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:02 PM
marciano - 7
ambrose - 6
Mcgregor - 7
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 6
boyle - 6
Mcgeouch - 7.5
mcginn - 6
bartley - 7
slivka - 6
shaw - 6

calumhibee1
21-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Marciano - 8

Ambrose - 3
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 6

McGinn- 5
McGeough - 6
Bartley - 6
Slivka - 5

Boyle - 6
Shaw- 6

BSEJVT
21-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Marciano - 8

Ambrose - 3
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 5

McGinn- 4
McGeough - 6
Bartley - 4
Slivka - 4

Boyle - 4
Shaw- 6

But only if these are marks out of 100 :-)

21-01-2018, 04:12 PM
marciano - 7
ambrose - 6
Mcgregor - 7
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 6
boyle - 6
Mcgeouch - 7.5
mcginn - 6
bartley - 7
slivka - 6
shaw - 6

Very generous for Ambrose. I thought he had an absolute shocker!

B.H.F.C
21-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Marciano, McGregor and Hanlon pass marks. The rest were murder.

Since90+2
21-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Hanlon and McGregor were our best players by an absolute mile, that probably says a lot about how the game went.

Hiber-nation

One of the worst defensive performances by a Hibs player I've seen in years. God knows what Rherras was thinking watching that.

Marciano for that save, Hanlon and McGregor were good. Nothing much else.

I'm_cabbaged
Don’t know about the slagging that Slivka seems to be getting on the other threads. The game clearly went all hertz after he was subbed.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Rocky, Hanlon and Daz 7
McGeough 6

Rest 2s and 3s.

murray26
21-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Mcgregor was our best player.. Rocky nearly earned us a replay apart from that the rest were poor or average..

Elephant Stone
21-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Don’t know about the slagging that Slivka seems to be getting on the other threads. The game clearly went all hertz after he was subbed.

I like the look of him. He's got ability, no doubt about it. Needs to play with more aggression/passion and get involved more, though.

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 04:22 PM

He was lost. Would love to see his stats as he probably lost the ball 80% of the time. I actually blame Lennon, why throw the guy in out of position?

But saying that he still lost the majority of his battles with a 16 year old

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:23 PM

aye i think i have probably been generous with a few of them to be fair

heretoday
21-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Marciano was excellent. Maybe the Bain signing has made him up his game

Maybe not.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 04:26 PM
marciano - 7 Between him and McGinn they could have done better for the goal otherwise very good.
ambrose - 6 does not work as a RB
Mcgregor - 8 very solid
Hanlon - 7 did not nothing wrong
Stevenson - 6 okay
boyle - 5 missed two good chances
Mcgeouch - 8 probably best player
mcginn - 5 way below his best could have stopped the goal
bartley - 7 missed when he went off
slivka - 4 nearly a man short
shaw - 5 no service

LaMotta
21-01-2018, 04:31 PM
I like the look of him. He's got ability, no doubt about it. Needs to play with more aggression/passion and get involved more, though.

How many times am I going to read this after yet another performance where he has done absolutely NOTHING!!

It's bonkers.

Drewster
21-01-2018, 04:33 PM
He was lost. Would love to see his stats as he probably lost the ball 80% of the time. I actually blame Lennon, why throw the guy in out of position?

Totally disagree - he was our best mid fielder in the 1st half, and if Boyle
had passed to him he would probably have opened the scoring!
We totally lost the midfield 2nd half, so Lennon takes off Bartley and puts on another striker - not the one we’ve just loaned!!?
We desperately needed a spark in the middle of the park, but no game for Swanson again.......Lennon is clueless!!?

Beefster
21-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Marciano - 9

Ambrose - 3
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 5

McGinn - 4
McGeough - 6
Bartley - 5
Slivka - 3

Boyle - 5
Shaw- 3

Jones28
21-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Marciano, Hanlon and Mcgregor were good today.

Dylan was the best in midfield, showed some good touches and is good at anticipating things, Mcginn was nowhere and Bartley was ineffective.

Boyle should score but for a great save and complete flap at it for the first chance. His decision making at times was so so poor.

Shaw wasnt in the game and was isolated at times, though his movement was good.

Barker should start for me, a 5-3-2 would have been ideal for that game. Anything to keep Abrose from playing RB.

Lennon left it too late to make changes which is a common theme with him.

Hearts deserved to win.

LancsHibs
21-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Rocky, Hanlon and Daz 7
McGeough 6

Rest 2s and 3s.

A simple summary and 100% spot on

Iain G
21-01-2018, 04:39 PM
How many times am I going to read this after yet another performance where he has done absolutely NOTHING!!

It's bonkers.

You must have been watching a different first half from me as I thought he did well once he got up to speed, linked well with Shaw and got into good positions and got himself into the box unlike the rest of the midfield, found yards of space and Boyle just needed to look up and pass to him...

LaMotta
21-01-2018, 04:39 PM

:agree:

Totally disagree - he was our best mid fielder in the 1st half, and if Boyle
had passed to him he would probably have opened the scoring!
We totally lost the midfield 2nd half, so Lennon takes off Bartley and puts on another striker - not the one we’ve just loaned!!?
We desperately needed a spark in the middle of the park, but no game for Swanson again.......Lennon is clueless!!?

So much wrong with this post. If you thought Slivka was better than McGeouch then I'll suggest you've been on the bevvy this morning.

You do also realise Bartley was injured hence the sub?

danhibees1875
21-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Rocky - 8 some great saves
Ambrose - 5 not good today
McGregor - 7 solid
Hanlon - 7 solid
Stevenson - 7 decent game
Bartley - 7 good - Was he injured?
McGeoch - 8 thought he played well. Please give him a contract.
Mcginn - 6 usual
Slivka - 5 poor
Shaw - 5.5 isolated
Boyle - 5.5 created chances, subsequently wasted them.

Aldo
21-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Rocky -7
Efe -3
Hanlon - 7
MacGregor - 7
Lewis - 6

Marv - 5
Dylan -7
McGinn - 4
Slivka -4

Boyle - 5
Shaw - 6

Subs:

Barker - 5
Murray - 4

Pretty sure tbh with McGinn and Slivka between them doing very very little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
21-01-2018, 04:41 PM
It was all hearts before he went off. We weren’t in the game in the second half. I’m not saying that’s his fault as he was just as garbage as the rest of them.

The Pointer
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM

It's bonkers.

He's been here long enough to understand derbies and as you suggest lacks aggression and speed and an ability to take players on.

Having said that we played like Hearts normally do hoofing away, while unlike recent derbies defended too deep. Our passing was awful so I don't know what we were doing in Portugal (apart from bevvying).

Since90+2
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Stokes -10

Today was a game where we needed our best players to give us that bit of magic to avoid Hearts eventually grinding us down and getting a winner from a set piece which was their only real threat to goal.

Our top earner , and talisman, is sitting on his arse somewhere in Ireland because he couldn't behave on a pre season trip to Portugal.

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2018, 04:45 PM
From the telly .... As usual I give way to anybody who was there and disagrees.

Marciano ..... 6 ..... One good save, one brilliant save. But he was poor with the ball at his feet at times and not quick enough off his line for me.

Ambrose ..... 6 ..... He isn't a right back and it showed, but he was involved as much as any Hibs player on the park.

Hanlon .... 7 .... I thought he played pretty well and made some excellent interceptions, beaten by Berra at their goal.

McGregor .... 9 ..... I thought he was absolutely ****ing immense. If we had won I would have given him a 10

Stevenson ...... 6 ..... Did OK but a few times he was in a position to get the ball into the box and didn't.

Bartley ..... 6 .... I thought he did OK but wasn't allowed to boss it the way he usually does there.

Slivka ..... 5 ..... He looked off the pace and contributed very little going forward.

McGinn .... 5 ..... Made little or no impact on the game and his passes were continually intercepted.

McGeouch ..... 6 .... Tried to get involved and did OK but same as McGinn and Slivka he made nothing happen in the final 3rd.

Boyle ..... 6 ..... At least he got into some decent positions, missed a great chance, but was unlucky to be denied by a very good save at the end. Enraged me by shooting when he had Slivka in acres of space in the box and failed to pass to him.

Shaw ...... 6 ..... Tried his best and got into some good positions, but we failed time and again to get in an early delivery from good positions so he had very few chances.

SUBS:

Barker .... 7 .... Played well when he came on and had the running of their defence .. should have been on sooner.

Murray .... 3 ..... Nothing of note.

Lennon.

As somebody else pointed out we seem to fall out of derby matches in the 2nd half and its something he has to address. I don't know why he would sign a poacher and then not give him a good 20 minutes in place of either Boyle or Shaw, especially after bringing Barker on. I also don't understand why with two or three minutes of injury time left we didn't get Ambrose to launch a throw in we were awarded level with their 18 yard box, even if he would have been on the wrong side of the park ... instead it was left to Stevenson and allowed them to stifle us from the throw, as they had been doing all afternoon ... apart from when Ambrose took them.

This wasn't an terrible performance from Hibs, at the end of the day one goal might well have settled it for us and not them ... but where it mattered, in the middle of the park, for the umpteenth time we were toothless in the final third .... we need an attacking midfield player with goals in him so badly it hurts.

NOTE ..... I do not blame Stokes in any way for today, his efforts in big games this season mean his absence hardly mattered. But from Lennon's comments, or lack of them, when asked before and after the game about him its pretty clear he is gone.

Drewster
21-01-2018, 04:49 PM
:agree:

So much wrong with this post. If you thought Slivka was better than McGeouch then I'll suggest you've been on the bevvy this morning.

You do also realise Bartley was injured hence the sub?

Probably the poorest i’ve seen Dylan today - and why not bring on a midfielder if Bartley is injured. Slivka has never really had a chance from Lennon in his preferred position - but he did well 1st half.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Probably the poorest i’ve seen Dylan today - and why not bring on a midfielder if Bartley is injured. Slivka has never really had a chance from Lennon in his preferred position - but he did well 1st half.

we only had about 13 minutes left when bartley went off injured, was the right call to bring on a striker to try nick a goal

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Rocky, Hanlon and Daz 7
McGeough 6

Rest 2s and 3s.

Yip 100% agree.

Cod Boy
21-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Mcginn was terrible and has been for weeks .

Hiber-nation
21-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Ambrose ..... 6 ..... He isn't a right back and it showed, but he was involved as much as any Hibs player on the park.

I'm not sure how much difference watching it on the telly made but believe me he would be lucky to get a 3 for that today. Totally unacceptable.

Slim Shady
21-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Ambrose performance today is one of the worst I’ve seen in a Hibs strip for over 20 years!!

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Ambrose performance today is one of the worst I’ve seen in a Hibs strip for over 20 years!!

Steady.

I think i'll take a break from here for a while. Depending on the score on Wednesday night, I might be back on Thursday!

wookie70
21-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Don’t know about the slagging that Slivka seems to be getting on the other threads. The game clearly went all hertz after he was subbed. I'm the same. I thought he did ok and if Boyle made better decision Slivka could have had a couple of opportunities in the first half. He actually makes runs from midfield and for that reason I would maybe give him a run in the team

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2018, 05:36 PM

:faf: ....... Get a grip !!!

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 05:39 PM

LOL you need to see more games IMHO that is a massive exaggeration

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 05:40 PM
I'm the same. I thought he did ok and if Boyle made better decision Slivka could have had a couple of opportunities in the first half. He actually makes runs from midfield and for that reason I would maybe give him a run in the team

He simply does not do enough I thought he was like a man short. Opinions eh !

overdrive
21-01-2018, 05:50 PM

Don’t know about that but it was definitely the worst performance by a Hibs defender at Tynecastle since Mark Dempsie in the De Vries derby.

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 05:55 PM
What is with the love in for McGeough on here?! He was just as bad as anyone else today and I'm struggling to think of a more negative player than him.

Lost count of the amount of time he get's the ball in an attacking position but slows play down then passes back.

If I was a forward I'd be raging.

wookie70
21-01-2018, 05:57 PM
He simply does not do enough I thought he was like a man short. Opinions eh ! Plenty on here tonight and no issue with respectively disagreeing as we are. I would agree he should be more involved by there were a good few worse than him today and we definitely didn't get better when he was hooked.

cleanyman
21-01-2018, 06:00 PM
What is with the love in for McGeough on here?! He was just as bad as anyone else today and I'm struggling to think of a more negative player than him.

Lost count of the amount of time he get's the ball in an attacking position but slows play down then passes back.

If I was a forward I'd be raging.

I don't get it either

Poor

MyJo
21-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Rocky - 8 - top drawer save from the volley and pretty solid throughout, unlucky with the goal.

Ambrose - 6 - I like efe but he is a disaster waiting to happen at right back, passing and distribution today was poor as were his throw ins.

McGregor - 8 - solid, if a bit wild at times when battling for the ball.

Hanlon - 8 - MOTM for me

Stevenson - 7 - a bit anonymous for most of the match, didn't seem to push forward as much as usual but kept milinkovich pretty quiet.

Bartley - 7 - does what he is there to do and did it well. had he not been injured by that thug souttar I think we would have held on for a draw, big loss to the team when he had to go off.

McGinn - 6 - as poor a performance as I've seen from him, struggled on the tattie field pitch and little composure when on the ball

McGeouch - 7 - not his best performance by a long shot but still bossed the midfield, sitting too deep to help us attacking.

Slivka - 6 - there is definitely a player in there, tried to bridge the gap between midfield and attack and got in some good attacking positions but crowded out by hearts and was sacrificed for Barker which was harsh IMO. Would benefit from a decent run in the team.

Boyle - 7 - worked non-stop and was our main threat throughout the game but could make the breakthrough. A better striker to target or a midfielder pushing forward to give him options at the bye line would have made all the difference

Shaw - 5 - totally anonymous and easily dealt with by Berra. 1 decent cross isn't enough from our main striker in a match like this.

Murray - 3 - don't remember seeing him after he came on

Barker - 6 - played well when given the chance but a lot of what he tried didn't come off

overdrive
21-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Marciano - 8

Ambrose - 2
McGregor - 7
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 6

Boyle - 5
McGinn - 5
Bartley - 5
Slivka - 5
McGeough - 5

Shaw - 6 (edit: 5... anything good he did happened pretty much at the half way line)

Murray - 3
Barker - 6

BegbieHSC
21-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Most of the players get pass marks for me. Ambrose, Stevenson, Dylan and Shaw are the only ones I felt could have done better.

The problem was our tactics tbh.

Jones28
21-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Stokes -10

Today was a game where we needed our best players to give us that bit of magic to avoid Hearts eventually grinding us down and getting a winner from a set piece which was their only real threat to goal.

Our top earner , and talisman, is sitting on his arse somewhere in Ireland because he couldn't behave on a pre season trip to Portugal.

Good point

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Ofir, Paul and big Daz - would have hurt Darren being at the end of a defeat today especially. Thought he was immense today. As others have said though, big Ofir has come in for some stick but he pulled off a couple of vital saves and in the main was solid.

Team of 11 Darren McGregor's would suit me just fine :aok: attitude, bravery, and discipline - worth the arm band in my opinion.

BigT-Hibeez
21-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Marciano ..... 7 ..... Great save and seemed comfortable today for a change

Ambrose ..... 5 ..... Out of position and a few clangers

Hanlon .... 6.5 .... Solid mostly, but did get his jump wrong for Berra to rise above him for the goal

McGregor .... 9 ..... Solid

Stevenson ...... 6 ..... Few terrible first touches, no influence on the game whatsoever

Bartley ..... 4 .... Shocker of a game, love to see his pass completion stats today

Slivka ..... 5 ..... Another shocker of a game, expected much more from him today

McGinn .... 5 ..... Worst i've seen from him yet

McGeouch ..... 6 .... Not his usual self, and we needed his normal game today in midfield to give us time on the ball etc

Boyle ..... 5 ..... Barker should have started instead, missed a sitter to put us in the lead

Shaw ...... 5 ..... His lack of physicality was apparent today, not the kind of game that suits him
SUBS:

Barker .... 7 .... Showed his class a few times just coasting past players, not enough possession to let him have time on the ball or could've been a game changer

Murray .... 4 ..... Maybe should've started instead of Shaw, with Shaw coming on later.. Never got a sniff

Since90+2
21-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Marciano ..... 7 ..... Great save and seemed comfortable today for a change

Ambrose ..... 5 ..... Out of position and a few clangers

Hanlon .... 6.5 .... Solid mostly, but did get his jump wrong for Berra to rise above him for the goal

McGregor .... 9 ..... Solid

Stevenson ...... 6 ..... Few terrible first touches, no influence on the game whatsoever

Bartley ..... 4 .... Shocker of a game, love to see his pass completion stats today

Slivka ..... 5 ..... Another shocker of a game, expected much more from him today

McGinn .... 5 ..... Worst i've seen from him yet

McGeouch ..... 6 .... Not his usual self, and we needed his normal game today in midfield to give us time on the ball etc

Boyle ..... 5 ..... Barker should have started instead, missed a sitter to put us in the lead

Shaw ...... 5 ..... His lack of physicality was apparent today, not the kind of game that suits him
SUBS:

Barker .... 7 .... Showed his class a few times just coasting past players, not enough possession to let him have time on the ball or could've been a game changer

Murray .... 4 ..... Maybe should've started instead of Shaw, with Shaw coming on later.. Never got a sniff

Hanlon was immense.

BigT-Hibeez
21-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Hanlon was immense.

Ok, 8 then..? :)

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 06:38 PM

there has been some crap posted here today

murray26
21-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Ok, 8 then..? :)

Hanlon wasn’t immense but he wasn’t bad..

JohnM1875
21-01-2018, 06:40 PM
there has been some crap posted here today

Haha he was grim though. But I agree. Overreaction.

crash
21-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Hanlon was immense.

He was poor for the goal, massive weakness is his aerial ability.

we are hibs
21-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Marciano 8

ambrose 2
mcgregor 6
hanlon 6

boyle 5
mcginn 6
mcgeouch 7
bartley 5
stevenson 6
Slivka 5

shaw 5

Brightside
22-01-2018, 06:46 AM
Rocky and the 2 CBs get a 7. No one else would get pass marks. The manager would get 3 for settling by the team up so poorly.

flash
22-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Rocky 8- one fantastic save no chance with goal.
Ambrose 3- being out of position is no excuse for that car crash
McGregor 9- a warrior
Hanlon 7- mostly sound but too easily outmuscled for goal
Stevenson 5- defensively fine but nowhere near enough going forward
Bartley 6- worked hard victim of a bad challenge. They wouldn't have got the corner they scored from with him still on.
McGinn 6- battled manfully but not hitting previous heights
McGeouch 6- the only one who gets on the ball and holds on to it
Boyle 6- should have scored not enough end product
Slivka 5- started ok but not involved enough
Shaw 5- tried his best but given a hopeless task

Barker 7- sparked us into life
Murray 5- not much time to make his mark

Lennon 4- should have went 3 at the back of adjusted to make it that

Zoro
22-01-2018, 08:11 AM
rocky-7 great save second half, distribution not good enough

Ambrose-3 Terrible put us under pressure every time wen he had the ball, cant believe he stayed on the park.

McGregor-8 solid at the back won everything, got to remember had to babysit Ambrose the whole game.

Hanlon-7 decent game on majority of tussles and tackles

Stevenson-6 did ok concentration went a few times and passing was not great either.

Bartley-5 -won a few tackles his opposite number got the better of him not good enough as he can do better.

Mcginn-5 - worst game I've seen him paly, gave a fouls too much and didn't create anything going forward.

mcgeogh-5 did ok at times but we need him to do more in the final 3rd

boyle-6- tried his hardest and was up from it 2 chances one of them shod have hit net but has not got a left foot.

slivka-4-not good enough. bullied at times with his size he should be winning more challenges and headers not suited to Scottish football.

shaw-6- Tried to hold the ball up and create but once again to big a game for him to be playing as a lone striker

Lennon: He has to take the blame for that performance, keeping Ambrose on was criminal the game was crying out for an attacker midfielder to come on and he has Swanson on the bench the subs he put on were to similar to what we had on the park already. now I know Swanson hasn't set the world a light but he loves games like this and did enough against Kilmarnock I the first half to see he's a threat going forward. obv the Portugal incident went against him but if that's the case how did boyle get a start. Lennon I feel has no tactical knowledge and thinks he's bigger than the club and is looking to step up in management from hibs but got found out today from a dire team.

Sioux
22-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Hanlon, as on too many occasions, was bullied. If he was more aggressive we'd still be in the cup. Poor poor defending against Berra for the goal and that wasn't the only time. When he ventured up front Berra bullied him again.

hibbymick
22-01-2018, 08:18 AM

That was my words exactly.

JDHibs
22-01-2018, 08:19 AM
McGeough/Hanlon/McGregor - 7
Rocky 6

Rest? Poor.

hibs#1
22-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Slivka wasn't great but he was the only midfielder that got forward and actually in the box at times. Which is something we greatly lack at times. Boyles lack of game intelligence and awareness of his surroundings was so frustrating I think he hit a shot 5 times when we were in good positions from 20/25 yards and hit the 1st hearts defender which resulted in us losing possession. Think most players were very poor at retaining the ball far too many slack passes.and I do think Lennon got the tactics wrong should matched them up with 3-5-2.ambrose would have been a lot more comfortable at centre back and it would have given the lad Mitchell less room seemed to have the freedom of park at times yesterday(he also looks a decent signing for the btw.)

Brightside
22-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Hanlon, as on too many occasions, was bullied. If he was more aggressive we'd still be in the cup. Poor poor defending against Berra for the goal and that wasn't the only time. When he ventured up front Berra bullied him again.

Aye just ignore his 27 interceptions or winning headers.

LeithMike
22-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Aye just ignore his 27 interceptions or winning headers.

Totally agree. I thought Hanlon had an excellent match. Was always in the right position at the right time and I thought he was really dominant. There is only so much your centre-halves can do though when the ball is getting into your box from the wide areas a bit too easy. For me, Hibs lost the game in the wide areas where it was regularly two against one in favour of Hearts due to the narrow formation. It also made it difficult for our full-backs to find an outball as whenever in possession there was no possible pass down the line and they either had to pass it into the congested middle of the park or go long, which meant out possession regularly broke down.

I also thought Shaw had a really good game. His movement was excellent and he won more headers than any other Hibs player I've seen at Tynecastle in some time. It's just a shame he had no one to link up with.

For me, there were a number of below average performances but certainly not Hanlon and I think much of those can be attributed to the lack of width and positivity in the set-up. From what I could see, Hibs went there to stifle the game and nick a goal on the break (probably because of the pitch). We nearly got a draw as Hearts are poor but Hibs just weren't positive enough for me which is disappointing.

J-C
22-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Rocky 7

Ambrose 4
McGregor 7
Hanlon 7
Stevenson 6

Slivka 5
McGeouch 6
Bartley 5
McGinn 5

Boyle 5
Shaw 5

Lennon 3 Poor team selection, looked like he played for a draw which was poor.

chookyembra
22-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Rocky - 8 Outstanding save, could have done better with the goal

Ambrose-7 Thought he had a decent game, too many on here have him as an easy target booboy.

McGregor-7 Thought he did well in the air but suspect on the ground.

Hanlon-7 Same as Mcgregor

Stevenson-5 Seemed a bit nervous and didn't settle, poor distribution.

Bartley-8 Was doing well and we lost our shape when he went off, turning point in game for me.

Mcginn-3 - Dreadful, embarrassing performance outplayed by a wee boy and gave away far too many fouls

Mcgeogh-7 Did well, got stuck in but had to do Mcginns work which held him back

Boyle-5- Huffed and puffed but missed a sitter, not good enough for us at this level

Slivka-7 Thought he was doing quite well, was unsettling them and used his strength.

Shaw-5 Should never have started on his own up front, no physical presence and too big a game for him

Lennon- 4 Got to take the majority of the blame for the team selection and subsequent performance. Stokes would have made a difference and Lennon's management of him has been poor. An attacking Swanson in midfield against the team he hates the most would have worked, but again his management of Swanson is poor. Barker did well when he came on but it was too little too late. Lennon I feel is poor tactically, his management of the players and team is suspect - we should not have had the Portugal incidents. His heart is with Celtic and not with us and his flaunting of this irritates the hell out of me. He thinks he's bigger than the club we all love and he really isn't.

flash
22-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Jeezo I thought my eyes were painted on.

Zoro
22-01-2018, 11:05 AM

Ambrose-7 Thought he had a decent game, too many on here have him as an easy target booboy.

Bartley-8 Was doing well and we lost our shape when he went off, turning point in game for me.

Mcginn-3 - Dreadful, embarrassing performance outplayed by a wee boy and gave away far too many fouls

Boyle-5- Huffed and puffed but missed a sitter, not good enough for us at this level

Slivka-7 Thought he was doing quite well, was unsettling them and used his strength.

Shaw-5 Should never have started on his own up front, no physical presence and too big a game for him

Lennon- 4 Got to take the majority of the blame for the team selection and subsequent performance. Stokes would have made a difference and Lennon's management of him has been poor. An attacking Swanson in midfield against the team he hates the most would have worked, but again his management of Swanson is poor. Barker did well when he came on but it was too little too late. Lennon I feel is poor tactically, his management of the players and team is suspect - we should not have had the Portugal incidents. His heart is with Celtic and not with us and his flaunting of this irritates the hell out of me. He thinks he's bigger than the club we all love and he really isn't.

spot on! apart from slivka

flash
22-01-2018, 11:12 AM
spot on! apart from slivka

Including Ambrose?

Zoro
22-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Including Ambrose?

missed that a SEVEN more like -7 (3 at best) how Lennon could watch him make mistake after mistake is beyond me porteus must be thinking what o I have to do to get a game.

wookie70
22-01-2018, 11:19 AM

How you can pick up Stevenson's poor distribution and not mention Ambrose in that department is beyond me. Ambrose was woeful yesterday. His hoofing wasn't even good, he was flat footed and was getting beaten easily when one on one, positionally he is all over the place at right back and offers zero going forward. He's been a good signing in the centre but he is not a right back. Lewis was poor too yesterday but a good deal better than Ambrose. Shaw did really well considering the poor set up of the team and the terrible service. McGinn wasn't great on the ball but he was decent off it and was never a 3. The only player that was close to a 3 was Efe.

Zoro
22-01-2018, 11:22 AM
How you can pick up Stevenson's poor distribution and not mention Ambrose in that department is beyond me. Ambrose was woeful yesterday. His hoofing wasn't even good, he was flat footed and was getting beaten easily when one on one, positionally he is all over the place at right back and offers zero going forward. He's been a good signing in the centre but he is not a right back. Lewis was poor too yesterday but a good deal better than Ambrose. Shaw did really well considering the poor set up of the team and the terrible service. McGinn wasn't great on the ball but he was decent off it and was never a 3. The only player that was close to a 3 was Efe.

poor distribution goes with ambrose every game, but you're right Stevenson's wasn't much better

Hiber-nation
22-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Not even remotely funny.

RamYer1902
22-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Marciano (7) - Made a few good stops. Particularly the one from Mitchell in 2nd half. Potentially could have done better for the goal?

Ambrose (3) - Didn’t look comfortable at all yesterday. Poor in possession and switched off allowing runners in behind. Out of position.

McGregor (8) - Hibs best performer for me yesterday. Strong in the tackle and won his battles.

Hanlon (7) - Similar to McGregor. He had a good game. However, beaten too easily by Berra in the air for the winner in my opinion.

Stevenson (5.5) - Didn’t have an awful lot to do but never had his best game. Didn’t get forward enough and made some slack passes.

Bartley (5) - Usually a man made for these games but was poor yesterday. Hopefully nothing too serious after naughty challenge from Souttar.

McGeouch (6) - Our best midfielder yesterday. Admittedly doesn’t say much but a few classy touches and tried to get us forward.

McGinn (5) - Plenty of endeavour but surprising lack of quality on the ball. Got dragged down to their level and lost his composure.

Slivka (4.5) - Wasn’t in the game at all for me. A lot of that not his own doing because I think the role he was played in does not suit him at all.

Boyle (5) - Our only real threat yesterday in my opinion which saves his rating. His miss in the 1st half was criminal.

Shaw (5.5) - Marking him up slightly. Didn’t offer much in an attacking sense but was starved off any decent service and put Berra and Souttar under some pressure.

Subs:

Barker (6) - Thought he done well when he came on. Quality operator but just needs to polish up on his end product.

Murray (4) - Wasn’t really in the game after his introduction.

Other ratings:

Lennon (3) - Love the man to bits but got it wrong yesterday. Team selection was strange. Still can’t understand why at 0-0 away to our rivals in the cup that he subbed a holding midfielder for a striker with prospect of a replay in store.

Fans (7.5) - Great atmosphere at Murrayfield pre match. Also good in the stadium for most of the game too but team didn’t do anywhere near enough to get us going. 10/10 to everyone in the stadium for the tribute to Shaun Woodburn however which was absolutely tremendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoro
22-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Not even remotely funny.

I rate him but yesterday h was shocking, you would be a barrel of laughs to go for a pint with