PDA

View Full Version : Season over...?

Charliemurdhibs
21-01-2018, 04:31 PM
So after today’s performance, we are out the Scottish cup and also out the league cup.

Effectively our season is over, I don’t see us challenging for third place, and even then I wouldn’t expect us too because it’s our first season back up...

So what now 😭

Regarding today’s performance.... annoyingly I never made it due to a problem with my car!!!! Couldn’t abandon it and by the time I got it sorted it was 1410, phoned tynecastle who said they shut the turnstiles 15-20 mins after kick off so I’d never make it anyway. Gutted, however not so gutted after watching it on tv.

Boyle infuriated me today. Absolute greed with some of the balls when there was 2/3 better options.

Marciano for me made some decent saves, well one that stands out, but however felt he was a bit shaky at times

Thought maybe barker could have made a difference, deffo has the pace, but why couldn’t we staff him, there were certain points in the first half where I think his speed into the box would have been beneficial from boyles and shaw cross.

Call me unoptomistic, but for me the season is finished 😭 just give us some good wins the next few weeks and I’m looking forward to our spring trip up to Dingwall! And ****dee on Wednesday. The ugly sisters I’m not looong forward to at all, after today lacklustre performance we will get torn a new arse hole.

GGTTH

SRHibs
21-01-2018, 04:32 PM
No.

Pete
21-01-2018, 04:32 PM
No

Jones28
21-01-2018, 04:33 PM
No, ffs what a thing to say in January.

IGRIGI
Heartsesque speak, all to play for in the league dependent on our bouncebackability.

One Day Soon
So after today’s performance, we are out the Scottish cup and also out the league cup.

Effectively our season is over, I don’t see us challenging for third place, and even then I wouldn’t expect us too because it’s our first season back up...

So what now 😭

Regarding today’s performance.... annoyingly I never made it due to a problem with my car!!!! Couldn’t abandon it and by the time I got it sorted it was 1410, phoned tynecastle who said they shut the turnstiles 15-20 mins after kick off so I’d never make it anyway. Gutted, however not so gutted after watching it on tv.

Boyle infuriated me today. Absolute greed with some of the balls when there was 2/3 better options.

Marciano for me made some decent saves, well one that stands out, but however felt he was a bit shaky at times

Thought maybe barker could have made a difference, deffo has the pace, but why couldn’t we staff him, there were certain points in the first half where I think his speed into the box would have been beneficial from boyles and shaw cross.

Call me unoptomistic, but for me the season is finished 😭 just give us some good wins the next few weeks and I’m looking forward to our spring trip up to Dingwall! And ****dee on Wednesday. The ugly sisters I’m not looong forward to at all, after today lacklustre performance we will get torn a new arse hole.

GGTTH

Bye :bye:

ShinyFantastic
Agree completely. The season is over. Nothing to look forward to at all now.

Hibbyradge
Marciano was shaky at times?

Which times?

matty_f
Aye right :faf:

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:34 PM
you spent time actually typing that

matty_f
This thread could be easy pickings for us admins. :greengrin

GillyHibee
would be a bit too soon to call that. Yes, like you said, we are out of the Scottish and League cup, but we still have a chance to finish *ahem* second, third or fourth, which are European places.

murray26
21-01-2018, 04:35 PM
To be fair to the OP I don’t hold much optimism for the rest of the season.. happy to be proved wrong

GillyHibee
21-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Marciano was shaky at times?

Which times?

if that performance was shakey, I cant wait to see him when he's inform.

Thecat23
**** off 😂😂

Admins this has to be the worst troll in a long time.

One Day Soon
Anyone know how to get the stench of Yam out of your nostrils? Asking for a friend...

GreenCastle
Realistically most teams seasons are over once knocked out the cups as Celtic win the league every year.

We all seem to play for 2nd /3rd and the occasional cup run. Not a great state of affairs for Scottish Football.

Hearts won’t win the cup - so it’s really how high we finish in the league and I still feel we will finish above them and probably 4th or 5th.

Already looking forward to the next derby at Easter Road.

Good fishing from the original poster..

Babyshamble

So what now 😭

GGTTH
Haha wtf ? LTYF

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Saying our season is over after losing a Derby in the cup is such a Hearts thing to do. Plenty still to play for.

MyJo
What a load of s**te.

We are fighting for a European place so our season is far from over just because we are out of the cup.

The problem now is that our main rivals for that European place have all significantly strengthened their squads with some really good signings while we have signed some players who may or may not turn out good we need to wait and see while we are getting rid of our best player with no guarantee of being able to replace him.

darwenhibby

So what now 😭
No we do what we can to push for a place in Europe
The next

GGTTH
No we push for Europe
This is the next stage for Hibs to go forward
Eventually do what other Scottish teams can’t and get to the group stages of the Europa League
This starts Wednesday away to Dundee

Lendo
🙄

Dinkydoo
**** off. Naismith was ***** for the cash he's on btw.

We struggled with their high pressing game second half but in the end it cpuld have went either way. We dust ourselves off, learn and move on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nickwhibs
Season over? Haha you must be joking! What very jambo thing to say.

Diclonius
Goodness me.

AL-Qaholik
21-01-2018, 04:38 PM
would be a bit too soon to call that. Yes, like you said, we are out of the Scottish and League cup, but we still have a chance to finish *ahem* second, third or fourth, which are European places.

Isn’t 4th only a Euro place if one of top 3 win the cup?
Highly likely one of them will, mind you - but not guaranteed.
Right now we NEED to be shooting for 3rd, but sadly that means showing far more ambition in the transfer market than I think we’re willing to.

Steve20
Our season is about finishing top half. That is not a top four side. Useless in the final third.

Charliemurdhibs
I always forget how touchy half our support are 😂
Okay guys tell me how our season is not over? There is no way we will finish third as much as I want us too.

ShinyFantastic
21-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Sorry I forgot the be all and end all of our season was finishing 3rd or maybe 4th to enter the Europa League Pre-preliminary 1st Qualifying Round only to get beat by a team no one has ever heard of and knocked out in early July. Would much rather that than a run in the Scottish Cup of course.

Malthibby
I think there are another 16 games or so to go so pretty sure the season isn't over.
Today was sore and too many players were well off form but it happens, although handing over cup run revenue to them is a bummer.
Need to remember that the last few seasons of extended multiple cup runs is pretty unusual, we should enjoy that instead of acting as if it should be the norm.
We do need to look at our shape on the pitch because it isn't working as well as it should given the players we have.
Trust in Lennon.
We have to.
GG

MyJo
I always forget how touchy half our support are 😂
Okay guys tell me how our season is not over? There is no way we will finish third as much as I want us too.

If Celtic win the Scottish cup 4th place will get into Europe.

The higher up the league we finish the better the prize money, giving up now and slipping into the bottom 6 would cost us significantly compared to continuing to fight in the league and finishing 3rd or 4th which we should be capable of

GillyHibee
21-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Isn’t 4th only a Euro place if one of top 3 win the cup?
Highly likely one of them will, mind you - but not guaranteed.
Right now we NEED to be shooting for 3rd, but sadly that means showing far more ambition in the transfer market than I think we’re willing to.

Gambling on Aberdeen/Rankers/Celtic winning at least one of the cups. But exactly like you said, these next few days will be crucial to the rest of the season.

Charliemurdhibs
21-01-2018, 04:42 PM
**** off 😂😂

Admins this has to be the worst troll in a long time.

Haha troll? For speaking my feelings of our current season? Shut up you clown 😂

SON OF PADDY
21-01-2018, 04:43 PM
WTF are you smoking ! 🤔🤡
I'm saving for European trip. 😁 🍻🥃

Allant1981
Haha troll? For speaking my feelings of our current season? Shut up you clown 😂

should you not be out celebrating and not on here with hibs fans

tamig

So what now 😭

GGTTH

Just back in the boozer after the game. Get a grip ffs.

Crab apple
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM
If we measure success by ending the season above the ****bos then that’s fine as I’m confident we will be above them season end. However we’ve definitely underperformed in the cups and Lennon has some big decisions to make over the next 10 days. Sort out the Stokes situation one way or another. Replace big Dave. Decide on your number 1 keeper. If SJM is staying get him to show consistently his star quality as a means to securing the big move his talents deserve.

SChibs
21-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Worst thread of th3 season so far. We are 4th in the league with an improving team behind us with big games against rangers, Aberdeen and hearts again coming up. But our season is over..

stantonsboots
Agree completely. The season is over. Nothing to look forward to at all now.theres always santa? only 48 weeks till Christmas?

green day

So what now 😭

GGTTH

I am sure we will have a lot of emotional posts after such a crap performance, but how can you possibly make the statement in bold?

I cant say what I want to as I will be temporarily binned, but perhaps you need to stop trolling.

SRHibs
21-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Sorry I forgot the be all and end all of our season was finishing 3rd or maybe 4th to enter the Europa League Pre-preliminary 1st Qualifying Round only to get beat by a team no one has ever heard of and knocked out in early July. Would much rather that than a run in the Scottish Cup of course.

You seriously think a good Scottish Cup run is more important than placing high in the league and qualifying for Europe? Hmm.🤔

One Day Soon
21-01-2018, 04:49 PM
should you not be out celebrating and not on here with hibs fans

That's quite a question.

james62
21-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Ridiculous thread, we’re currently in 4th place which will almost likely be good enough for a place in the Europa League qualifiers, we’ve had a bad day today but we will have good days and bad days, as will every other team in the league Bar Celtic. There’s still a lot to play for this season and I’d far rather be where we are today than where we were this time last season.

Charliemurdhibs
21-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Haha I sit in the famous five so deffo not a troll guys, don’t worry I look forward to bringing this thread back up at the end of the season when all you’s Whiney bitches complain how this was ‘one of the defining moments’ of the season, I only joined .net after years of reading on it, and I can assure you it’s the same drivel every year 😁 I’ve supported hibs since I was a wee boy, so call me a troll all you’s want but I go home and away which is probably more than half of you’s.

I can define my own expectations for the season and for me it’s done, I still go home and away, but surely as a club of our size we should have a decent run at least

Jim44
21-01-2018, 04:54 PM
If you realistically expected us to be challenging for top four, the season could well be over. However, we might very well still achieve that. If, like me, your season’s expectations were to consolidate our return to the Premiership, without flirting in any way with relegation and even getting a top six finish, the season is far from over. Mind you, Lennon’s going to have to get the team geed up pronto to start winning games.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 04:55 PM
“Whinny bitches.”

😂😂 Bolt!

nellio
21-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Ludicrous thread!

One Day Soon
21-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Haha I sit in the famous five so deffo not a troll guys, don’t worry I look forward to bringing this thread back up at the end of the season when all you’s Whiney bitches complain how this was ‘one of the defining moments’ of the season, I only joined .net after years of reading on it, and I can assure you it’s the same drivel every year 😁 I’ve supported hibs since I was a wee boy, so call me a troll all you’s want but I go home and away which is probably more than half of you’s.

I can define my own expectations for the season and for me it’s done, I still go home and away, but surely as a club of our size we should have a decent run at least

It isn't the same drivel every year any longer because now your drivel has been added to it.

Phil MaGlass
21-01-2018, 04:59 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

no, yam

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Aye this is total hearts pish

Jones28
21-01-2018, 05:00 PM

Tough tits, we've had a ****ing good go of it the last few years, I think winning sandwiched by 2 semi final appearances isn't too bad.

greenpaper55
21-01-2018, 05:05 PM
This time last year you would have bitten your hand off to be in the position we are in right now, this year was always going to about consolidating our league position and i'm sure if we maintain that then the quality of our players will improve as well, Rome not built in a day and all that .

stonewaller1875
21-01-2018, 05:06 PM

So what now [emoji24]

Call me unoptomistic, but for me the season is finished [emoji24] just give us some good wins the next few weeks and I’m looking forward to our spring trip up to Dingwall! And ****dee on Wednesday. The ugly sisters I’m not looong forward to at all, after today lacklustre performance we will get torn a new arse hole.

GGTTHUtter garbage

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Eaststandee
21-01-2018, 05:07 PM
WTF is this absolute garbage?

stantonsboots
21-01-2018, 05:08 PM
This time last year you would have bitten your hand off to be in the position we are in right now, this year was always going to about consolidating our league position and i'm sure if we maintain that then the quality of our players will improve as well, Rome not built in a day and all that . or Leith for that matter!

Keith_M
21-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Nonsense.

We're 4th in the league and challenging for a European place.

Every league game is a challenge and we could yet see some new arrivals to fix the deficiencies we see in the team.

mcfly
21-01-2018, 05:11 PM
No but it’s up to the board to get a marquee signing in to make us smile again

Cause we ain’t smiling tonight.

Today was dire

Keith_M
21-01-2018, 05:11 PM
p.s.

L-T-Y-F

hhibs
21-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Worst thread of th3 season so far. We are 4th in the league with an improving team behind us with big games against rangers, Aberdeen and hearts again coming up. But our season is over..

Where,exactly is this improving team of which you speak ?

Aldo
21-01-2018, 05:14 PM

So what now [emoji24]

Call me unoptomistic, but for me the season is finished [emoji24] just give us some good wins the next few weeks and I’m looking forward to our spring trip up to Dingwall! And ****dee on Wednesday. The ugly sisters I’m not looong forward to at all, after today lacklustre performance we will get torn a new arse hole.

GGTTH

We are 4th and plenty to play for! Season far from over but seems over for you from your post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
21-01-2018, 05:24 PM
No we push for Europe
This is the next stage for Hibs to go forward
Eventually do what other Scottish teams can’t and get to the group stages of the Europa League
This starts Wednesday away to Dundee
:aok:

California-Hibs
21-01-2018, 05:25 PM
We’re 4th in the bloody league. Close this thread down, what absolute pish.

TheHarpy76
21-01-2018, 05:34 PM
******* hell.
A bad and admittedly tough to take result and people start howling at the moon.

Our season is far from over.

Deansy
21-01-2018, 05:46 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

Unlike 'Charity Thieves FC' our season DOESN'T revolve around beating our local rivals - now we concentrate on finishing as high up the league as possible and preparing for Europe next season !

stonewaller1875
21-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Unlike 'Charity Thieves FC' our season DOESN'T revolve around beating our local rivals - now we concentrate on finishing as high up the league as possible and preparing for Europe next season ![emoji122]

Joe Baker2
21-01-2018, 05:52 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

Get a grip with this *****

broondog
21-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Not over as we are still in a decent league position but we have been ***** for 2-3 months now and if we don’t bring in quality we will struggle

Joe Baker2
21-01-2018, 05:53 PM
[emoji122]

...and if we finish higher than the gunts then a bonus too!

lord bunberry
21-01-2018, 05:54 PM
The thing about the season that I look forward to the most is over. We still have a Euro place to go for, but losing today has taken the wind out of our sails imo.

Onion
21-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Far from over. This is our first season back in the Prem and Lennon has only had 1 full summer to bring in his own players. Hibs is a work in progress and the rest of the season can be used to bring on the likes of Shaw (will he make it ?) and give others more experience of top flight footie.

Lennon is still a top manager, and should be trusted to build an even better side for next season. Just hope the great crowds we've had at ER stick with him !

judas
21-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Season certainly isn't over for me.

Our aim has to be to remain above hearts. I would also point out that we have two more games against them.

matty_f
21-01-2018, 06:06 PM

If you want to keep posting here then I suggest you wind your neck in with the insults. If you want to come on slagging off the sure then maybe try and remember that nobody is forcing you to visit.

joe t
21-01-2018, 06:06 PM
1sr win in 10 against their superior city rivals and this guy is lubing himself up over the keyboard instead of celebrating down the boozer with his ‘mates’. The fudliest of Jambo fuds. 😂😂

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Season certainly isn't over for me.

Our aim has to be to remain above hearts. I would also point out that we have two more games against them.

Any feel good feeling has gone. Hearts will get a bounce from this result and I am sure Lafferty and Naismith will score more than what ever strike force we put out for the rest of the season.

I anticipate that our season will slowly unravel and we will end up battling to make the top six.

I hope I am wrong.

lyonhibs
21-01-2018, 06:16 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

These millennial Yam infiltrators don't even try these days.

What a thing to say in January Ffs!!

Every point is there to be won and Lennon and the squad need to make sure that starts happening more often ASAP.

iwasthere1972
21-01-2018, 06:16 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

So you managed to get a ticket after having to sell yours? Did you get one for your uncle too?

iwasthere1972
21-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Haha I sit in the famous five so deffo not a troll guys, don’t worry I look forward to bringing this thread back up at the end of the season when all you’s Whiney bitches complain how this was ‘one of the defining moments’ of the season, I only joined .net after years of reading on it, and I can assure you it’s the same drivel every year �� I’ve supported hibs since I was a wee boy, so call me a troll all you’s want but I go home and away which is probably more than half of you’s.

You've posted on here for a week and nothing you say convinces me that you go to any games let alone home and away matches. Coming over as an uber fan as well.

Hope admin bin you soon. :agree:

snooky
21-01-2018, 06:26 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

From where I'm sitting - poor effort. :coffee:

Carheenlea
21-01-2018, 06:27 PM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

Good luck in the next round. Home tie so you can't complain.

tamig
21-01-2018, 08:06 PM

If you’re still going home and away what’s the point if you’re giving up on the season? You’ve got a strange outlook if you genuinely are a Hibs fan.

percy veer
21-01-2018, 09:15 PM
What an absolute bed wetter. Get a grip

Ronniekirk
21-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Any feel good feeling has gone. Hearts will get a bounce from this result and I am sure Lafferty and Naismith will score more than what ever strike force we put out for the rest of the season.

I anticipate that our season will slowly unravel and we will end up battling to make the top six.

I hope I am wrong.

Geeze i hope your wrong as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingFranck
21-01-2018, 10:03 PM
How about concentrating on finishing above that mob ? There's something to play for - imagine we get to Europe and they don't :flag::flag::flag:

Keyser Sauzee
21-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Did Hamilton just beat us on penalties today................

SideBurns
21-01-2018, 10:45 PM
This is classic Jambo stuff. It is they who decided their season was over when we dumped them out the cup last year, and of course on our way to glory in 2016. Thankfully, unlike our paranoid rivals we don't define ourselves by one result in the cup, and will continue to support our team. GGTTH - forever and ever.

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Was just wondering, does the OP of this thread still think our season ended in January after the cup defeat? or was he actually referring to hearts who have barely put in one decent performance since that day? :greengrin

Wasnt just him either, some right pish talked by many around that time. Granted no one could have predicted our superb form in the following three months but my god football fans don’t half like to lose the plot over one bad result

H18 SFR
30-04-2018, 06:13 AM
What a topper of a thread to bump lol.

worcesterhibby
30-04-2018, 06:19 AM

just wanted to make sure everyone re-read this bit. You look very stupid now you Hearts troll.

Pretty Boy
30-04-2018, 06:22 AM
I'm sttuggling to see the point in this.

It's one post then 3 pages of pretty much universal disagreement with the odd exception.

Pete
30-04-2018, 06:24 AM

So what now 😭

GGTTH

😭

Hibrandenburg
30-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Was just wondering, does the OP of this thread still think our season ended in January after the cup defeat? or was he actually referring to hearts who have barely put in one decent performance since that day? :greengrin

Wasnt just him either, some right pish talked by many around that time. Granted no one could have predicted our superb form in the following three months but my god football fans don’t half like to lose the plot over one bad result

There's Yam all over that thread.

FilipinoHibs
30-04-2018, 06:58 AM
There's Yam all over that thread.

Yes and there club never mind season is finished!