PDA

View Full Version : Lennon.

Pages : [1] 2

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 03:19 PM
We’ve all been fully behind him since he’s come in, but today he got it all wrong. We looked second to everything today and this whole Stokes crap hasn’t helped and I hope he never plays for us again. Lennon letting certain players off with discipline issues doesn’t help either.

Pressure on to bring in players who can do a job as we could throw away what could have been a good season.

Lennon must now look at himself and the team selection.

CathroMustStay
21-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Lennon has been fantastic as Hibs manager and will continue to be so.

He will be more disappointed than anyone that we didn't achieve 10 consecutive derby games without losing, but that's life sometimes.

Onwards and upwards.

Scottie
21-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Just said doesn't know if anymore signings coming in :confused:

mcfly
21-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Agree he’s under pressure now.

That was not good enough - the winter trip has backfired on us.

It should not happen again

Stevie Reid
21-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Delighted he's our manager.

Keyser Sauzee
Just said doesn't know if anymore coming in :confused:

Did u expect him to rattle off a list of the players he wants in?? People look far too much into what is said in the media, it’s all just lip service.

staunchhibby
Just wish the club would clear the air re what the hell has went on.I think there is more to this than what we know

bingo70
21-01-2018, 03:23 PM

If Stokes leaves we’ve got problems then.

keep the faith
He was not his usual animated self on the touchline today as far as I could see. Was that the case?

Northernhibee
Lennon has been fantastic as Hibs manager and will continue to be so.

He will be more disappointed than anyone that we didn't achieve 10 consecutive derby games without losing, but that's life sometimes.

Onwards and upwards.

Can't agree with that at all. Today was another big game where the set up and/or selection was wrong. Aberdeen in the Semi, Celtic in the semi, Aberdeen at Pittodrie, 3-1 vs Hamilton.

The performances have been above average, the transfer signings have been below average.

He needs to improve. He's not been bad, but he's not been even close to fantastic.

EH54
This isnt the first time either i love Lennon but his selections at times makes you scratch your head. Not only that but he doesn't seem to want to change it until it's too late hopefully this result will make him 're think and sort it out

Reaper
I don't think the aloofness in the interview helped his cause. We need answers now. Damage is done and if Lennon doesn't acknowledge how bad that performance was today then he's burying his head in the sand.

HH81
21-01-2018, 03:24 PM
He said in his interview, nice to see the linesman in line with play.

Think you could tell from his voice he knew he got it wrong today.

lyonhibs
Happy with him as our manager but there needs to be a marked and immediate improvement in performances and results or watch a couple of thousand fans slowly ebb away over the next year or so.

Stevie Reid

Seriously? The Yams turned against Neilson when they were guaranteed
3rd in the SPL after skoosking the Championship for going out of the Scottish Cup to us. You've seen how that worked out for them.

We are sitting in 4th with a good season so far. Let's not make the same mistake.

Joe6-2
Just wish the club would clear the air re what the hell has went on.I think there is more to this than what we know

Yep, I’ve bad feeling about the the dressing room just now

Disco Dave
Not posted in around 3 years but felt compelled to today with the amount of overreacting going on, there was a baw hairs difference in the game today, it could have went either way. Everyone need to settle the **** down.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2018, 03:25 PM
We played sheite in the 2nd half, it happens. Now we need to get rid of everyone and the managers clueless. :faf:

hibee_girl
21-01-2018, 03:25 PM
This isnt the first time either i love Lennon but his selections at times makes you scratch your head. Not only that but he doesn't seem to want to change it until it's too late hopefully this result will make him 're think and sort it out

We used to say the same about Stubbs and others before him. Lennon isn't the first manager who'll leave you wondering what they're doing with the team selection.

I doubt we'll see the same kind of performance again from us on Wednesday at Dundee or on Saturday at Celtic, if we do then is the time to question Lennon.

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 03:26 PM

He said before we signed Rherras he was hoping to get one more signing in, but wasn’t worried if it didn’t happen. We’ve now signed him so that makes sense. We badly need another striker and attacking midfield player though.

Thecat23
Dons game, this game, 70 mins of Celtic game the big games I think we haven’t really turned up like we know we can.

Btw In no way I’m I saying he should be booted or that. I do think he needs to take a look at his set up.

SunshineOnLeith
He's been getting an easy ride off the fans for a lot of sketchy performances and results because we've turned up for big games under him. Well, we didn't turn up today, so it's completely fair to point the finger in his direction and ask "why not?"

One Day Soon
Not posted in around 3 years but felt compelled to today with the amount of overreacting going on, there was a baw hairs difference in the game today, it could have went either way. Everyone need to settle the **** down.

Absolutely spot on.

Disco Dave
21-01-2018, 03:27 PM
We played sheite in the 2nd half, it happens. Now we need to get rid of everyone and the managers clueless. :faf:

Exactly the reason I've hardly posted on here in years, it's embarrassing.

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Lennon got it all wrong today. He's done a very good job overall but today was totally unacceptable

One Day Soon
21-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Dons game, this game, 70 mins of Celtic game the big games I think we haven’t really turned up like we know we can.

Btw In no way I’m I saying he should be booted or that. I do think he needs to take a look at his set up.

He's been getting an easy ride off the fans for a lot of sketchy performances and results because we've turned up for big games under him. Well, we didn't turn up today, so it's completely fair to point the finger in his direction and ask "why not?"

Which is it lads?

mcfly

To be fair we’ve played poorly for a number of games.

The managers signings haven’t been great. I think people are right to question what’s going on.

They pay good money and will easily drift away again if the football is poor

Sammy7nil

I agree, well maybe not everyone just about ten of them :greengrin

weecounty hibby
21-01-2018, 03:29 PM
We are 4th in the league and just been put out of the cup at what is a very difficult away fixture. He is doing fine but we definitely need to get in another couple of QUALITY players who will get into the starting XI.

J-C
21-01-2018, 03:29 PM
We’ve all been fully behind him since he’s come in, but today he got it all wrong. We looked second to everything today and this whole Stokes crap hasn’t helped and I hope he never plays for us again. Lennon letting certain players off with discipline issues doesn’t help either.

Pressure on to bring in players who can do a job as we could throw away what could have been a good season.

Totally agree, we seem to have lost that spirit we had when we won the cup, I'm not convinced Lennon knows exactly what he wants re players, the signing policy seems all over the place at times.

This Stokes nonsense is partly his fault also, Stokes causes squad disharmony wherever he's been and also allowing Efe to come and go as he pleases doesn't help either.

Ardenttwo
21-01-2018, 03:30 PM
He said before we signed Rherras he was hoping to get one more signing in, but wasn’t worried if it didn’t happen. We’ve now signed him so that makes sense. We badly need another striker and attacking midfield player though.

I am actually more worried about Dylan going out the door and to Aberdeen which will be worse of it happens

Thecat23
Lennon got it all wrong today. He's done a very good job overall but today was totally unacceptable

Exactly.

Smartie
3rd in the SPL after skoosking the Championship for going out of the Scottish Cup to us. You've seen how that worked out for them.

We are sitting in 4th with a good season so far. Let's not make the same mistake.

Excellent post.

Well worth remembering.

One Day Soon
21-01-2018, 03:31 PM
We are 4th in the league and just been put out of the cup at what is a very difficult away fixture. He is doing fine but we definitely need to get in another couple of QUALITY players who will get into the starting XI.

Balanced, sane and rational. You'll never last here.

Firestarter
21-01-2018, 03:31 PM
What's Alan Stubbs up to?

Done fantastic? No hes no.

JK Rolling
21-01-2018, 03:32 PM

This, seriously folks get a grip.

I will admit however, that Levein in their dugout is a serious game changer. He's not the thicko Locke guns blazing up and at em, he's a clever, calculated assassin. His record against us says it all.

Not impressed that NL has just stated on Sky that we're not looking at any further signing in the window. The Yams are breathing down our necks and have momentum. We need to switch on big time.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 03:32 PM
not sure what else lennon could have done with that team today, possibly play murray instead of shaw(folk would still complain) possibly play 3 at the back but we dont have wing backs so maybe not a good idea, that team was good enough to play better today, they just didnt turn up

matty_f
21-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Is it ok to really like Lennon and still think he got it wrong today? It's just that's where I am with things.

EH54

Baw hair we were over run in the second half there was only one winner today we weren't up to the races

gaz1875
Only listened on the radio, was the Bartley substitution the correct thing with 15 minutes to go? I thought it was strange at the time because everyone seemed to be praising him.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Is it ok to really like Lennon and still think he got it wrong today? It's just that's where I am with things.

Not according to some 😁 That is exactly where I am. Really like him but he ****ed up today.

Sorry if that offends anyone!!!!!

Coco Bryce
21-01-2018, 03:34 PM

How many 'trips' away have backfired on us? I've just had deja vu.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2018, 03:35 PM

The managers signings haven’t been great. I think people are right to question what’s going on.

I remember when we were poor, we got relegated and flirted with relegation for a few years. What we have now is good, when we stop punching our weight, that's when i will start voicing my concern.

What all those moaning seem to forget after a derby defeat, our first in 10 games, is we are building a team, and its the start of that build in its first season in 4 in the top division.

I'm obviously disappointed today, but FFS lets have some level headed thinking here.

Nakedmanoncrack
Happy with him as our manager but there needs to be a marked and immediate improvement in performances and results or watch a couple of thousand fans slowly ebb away over the next year or so.

I don't think anyone is calling for him to be replaced, but of course questions need to be asked, anybody who thinks that display today was acceptable is seriously deluded.

Northernhibee

I fear that we lose both McGeouch and McGinn in the summer. Considering he's brought in Whittaker (on a 3yr deal), Slivka, Swanson, Stokes, Big Dave and there are a couple of other signings for him who the jury are out on I don't hold much faith in him to identify suitable replacements.

We need to finish top four this season because if not the pressure will seriously be on.

Steve20
21-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Lennon fantastic? Really? He decided in a derby to send a team that had no goals written all over it and empty a 20 goal a season striker. Oh aye, he’s fantastic right enough.

Maybe he can explain his decision at the next Celtic supporters gig he does. So sometime this week probably.

banchoryhibs
21-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Frankly we were second best all over the park today. We had a brief spell in the second half when we turned the pressure on but apart from that they wanted it much more and it showed.

One decent shot on target; one corner - that was it.

Too often we play a square ball in midfield, or channel it back then pass it square across the pitch - the only real urgency is the long diagonal ball to Boyle that results in a ball across the box that is inevitably missed 90% of the time.

Lennon sets out our game plan - I don't want him out but he really does need to introduce a more positive style to our game.

We were not good enough today and it's not just the player's fault.

mcfly
21-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Yes seriously.

Tell me what signings made this season have been a success.?

I’ll give you barker, but Slivka, dave , Swanson, Whitaker - none has done anything. 3 will prob be moved on.

We’ve been crying out for a striker all season - the amount of missed chances this season is crazy.

As I’ve asked before the fans are turning up
in big numbers - the money must be there or where is it?

weecounty hibby
21-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Balanced, sane and rational. You'll never last here.

Three words you would not be using if you had been near me watching the game. I am livid at how we played and the fact we are out the cup to those *******s in particular but we need to be careful not to ignore where we have come from and where we are

mcfly
21-01-2018, 03:39 PM
I remember when we were poor, we got relegated and flirted with relegation for a few years. What we have now is good, when we stop punching our weight, that's when i will start voicing my concern.

What all those moaning seem to forget after a derby defeat, our first in 10 games, is we are building a team, and its the start of that build in its first season in 4 in the top division.

I'm obviously disappointed today, but FFS lets have some level headed thinking here.

I get what your saying but building a team with players that aren’t any better isn’t going to get us anywhere

Lennon has signed about 7 players this season. Can you name the regulars who start every week? There isn’t many

DarlingtonHibee
21-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Lennon fantastic? Really? He decided in a derby to send a team that had no goals written all over it and empty a 20 goal a season striker. Oh aye, he’s fantastic right enough.

Maybe he can explain his decision at the next Celtic supporters gig he does. So sometime this week probably.
Very sad

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 03:40 PM

He emptied said striker because he was taking the piss for too long and enough was enough. Did Stokes play in the last derby we won??

Northernhibee
21-01-2018, 03:41 PM

We're not punching above our weight - IMO 4th is the bare minimum with the squad he'd taken over.

Betty Boop
21-01-2018, 03:42 PM
He came across quite blase in his assessment of the game, I thought he would have been really angry.

SunshineOnLeith
Which is it lads?

Aberdeen game, yes we were poor but that was down more to McInnes totally outdoing Lennon tactically than us not turning up, in my opinion.

Celtic game, I had to miss due to family commitments and haven't watched but we clearly showed spirit and fight to get back into it and it would be harsh not to give credit for that.

Today was every bit as bad as a Terry Butcher team going to Tynecastle.

If we were winning our routine home games in the league I'd be more forgiving but we've been a disgrace at Easter Road in the league this season against a backdrop of incredible support turning up. Thus far in his time as Hibs manager, that's just the price we've had to pay for a team that will turn up "when it counts" - if we're losing that edge then he needs to turn us into a team capable of winning our routine home games.

Aberdeen rarely turn up for big games, yet are the second best team in the country, because they're consistent in the other games. McInnes is a much better manager at this level so maybe it's an unfair comparison but I wouldn't mind the odd derby defeat or meek loss to Celtic/Rangers quite so much if we were regularly winning otherwise.

mcfly
How many 'trips' away have backfired on us? I've just had deja vu.

I said trip not trips.

I think this one was enough don’t you?

Togs91
Lennons had a bad day, yes. But im still glad he is our manager. One bad day doesnt do it for me, he will have a tough time ahead of him with the unexpected end of transfer window dismissal of stokes.He will have to prepare for a tough second half of the season to come but he will keep us safe, after a rise to the top flight in scotland.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2018, 03:43 PM
He emptied said striker because he was taking the piss for too long and enough was enough. Did Stokes play in the last derby we won??

He also signed him, he can't walk away from the responsibility.

Onion
21-01-2018, 03:44 PM
If Stokes leaves we’ve got problems then.

Stokes has gone. If he’s drop for a match like that, he’s finished at Hibs. Lennon needs to replace this window.

Heisenberg
He also signed him, he can't walk away from the responsibility.

I didn’t say he could. The poster I quoted was blaming today on Stokes not playing. I simply pointed out that this was nonesense.

DelcyRodriguez

I think a couple of your remarks are uncalled for and in bad taste.

Neil has been wonderful for us and it’s hardly his fault what went on at the training camp.

Maybe people should calm down a little bit.

Sorry if I sound offensive but I try to be rational.

allmodcons
21-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Knee jerk reaction on the back of a poor defeat. Granted we were poor 2nd half, but your response is a little over the top.

Blaster

Me too

One Day Soon

This is exactly right.

blackpoolhibs
We're not punching above our weight - IMO 4th is the bare minimum with the squad he'd taken over.

Who said we were?

C Feeney-Seale
21-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Only listened on the radio, was the Bartley substitution the correct thing with 15 minutes to go? I thought it was strange at the time because everyone seemed to be praising him.

They hacked him down and he looked like he took a bad knock sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffers
21-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Ultimately his signings have been nowhere near good enough. The only one I'd say who has actually improved us is Marciano.

One Day Soon

Not a Hibs class post.

DelcyRodriguez

I couldn’t agree more with your post!

DarlingtonHibee

I will admit however, that Levein in their dugout is a serious game changer. He's not the thicko Locke guns blazing up and at em, he's a clever, calculated assassin. His record against us says it all.

Not impressed that NL has just stated on Sky that we're not looking at any further signing in the window. The Yams are breathing down our necks and have momentum. We need to switch on big time.

Make your cheque payable to Hibs.

allmodcons
21-01-2018, 03:48 PM

:agree: The voice of reason.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Knee jerk reaction on the back of a poor defeat. Granted we were poor 2nd half, but your response is a little over the top.

What part is “knee jerk.” We didn’t turn up and he got it all wrong today. Not asking for him to be sacked or anything but I am allowed to question that performance no?

Zazu62
What’s the point in signing a full back then playing Ambrose at right back. Why didn’t we play 3 at the back?

berwickhibee

Aberdeen and celtic have better players than us.

greenlex
21-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Can someone explain exactly what Lennon got wrong today? I’m struggling. Thepitch is poor. They scored a fluky goal that spun in at post off someone’s knee with both Rocky and SJM helpless. Boyle scores with one of his efforts we draw or even win if they don’t carry the luck. I thought we were poor second half and still unlucky not to be back at ER a week on wed. Lennon?What he do wrong?

gillythehibby
21-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Fk all wrong with the manager. Scrappy game and a gash pitch we got beat. So what. We move on. i would have played Murray from the start as he gives us great movenent and threat. Part from that we had to play the conditions and it looked a draw all day.

Golden Bear
21-01-2018, 03:53 PM
I'm not one for "Club Statements" but in view of recent events I really think that us fans are entitled to know the facts of what may or may not has been going on. It's imperative that the air is cleared as soon as possible and a joint bulletin is issued which has the backing of The Board, the Manager and the Club Captain.
Get it done Hibs!

berwickhibee
21-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Jesus#!! Never thought you would ever post the most sensible reply on a silly thread. Spot on gary,we well remember many ***** teams,this one isnt.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 03:57 PM
What part is “knee jerk.” We didn’t turn up and he got it all wrong today. Not asking for him to be sacked or anything but I am allowed to question that performance no?

with the players available i dont think there is much he could have changed today, apart from shaw maybe starting on the bench i thought it was a decent enough first 11

greenlex
21-01-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm not one for "Club Statements" but in view of recent events I really think that us fans are entitled to know the facts of what may or may not has been going on. It's imperative that the air is cleared as soon as possible and a joint bulletin is issued which has the backing of The Board, the Manager and the Club Captain.
Get it done Hibs!
No statement needed. Just a Stokes is available for free transfer would do.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Can someone explain exactly what Lennon got wrong today? I’m struggling. Thepitch is poor. They scored a fluky goal that spun in at post off someone’s knee with both Rocky and SJM helpless. Boyle scores with one of his efforts we draw or even win if they don’t carry the luck. I thought we were poor second half and still unlucky not to be back at ER a week on wed. Lennon?What he do wrong?

:agree: We never played very well, probably herts shaved it but we were 3 minutes away from another replay. Its a derby defeat, we need a new team and manager, folk are slitting their throats.

carnoustiehibee
21-01-2018, 04:01 PM

Poor pitch but play Boyle and shaw? Why don’t play it off big Davie with barker or mclaren beside him. Why play a tight midfield 4 but have no full backs who can get past the half way line.

Roxyhibee
21-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Well i like Lennon and the last thing I want is for him to go. However, the players did look a bit off today and Dylan and SJM weren't their usual selves either, and that's crucial for us in any game.

But, i was bewildered why he allowed the problems in our right back area to continue into that second half unchanged. Efe was having an absolute nightmare down that side to the extent that the constant opportunities and threats we allowed them had a huge effect on us getting going for the second 45. It was glaring, and if he had just taken Slivka off on the hour and replaced him with Rherras, I think our control of the game would have improved instantly.

Lennon knows more about the game than us all put together, but for whatever reason, he did not change something which was very fixable and that caused us grief time and time again down one side and affected the whole team. Baffling.

Oh, and if we ever considered if Efe (who is a good player) is good enough to play there in big games - he definitely is not. Woeful today and clearly needed help as the game wore on.

One Day Soon
21-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Get it done Hibs!

Whatever else does or doesn't happen in the next few days and weeks the one thing that definitely must not happen is a club statement.

If there are any problems going on at the club they should be dealt with behind closed doors by the manager and the CE. Washing linen in public is not a good idea - washing fantasy linen in public is even worse.

GillyHibee
21-01-2018, 04:03 PM

Understatement, that horrible jambo ****er nailed him, like he did Barker before.

Pretty Boy
Our last 10 games is 2 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats. That's form that has fans asking questions of any manager.

gaz1875

Thanks radio suggested it was a tactical switch, personally I would have packed the midfield and settled for the draw on that tattie field.

Iain G
21-01-2018, 04:04 PM
with the players available i dont think there is much he could have changed today, apart from shaw maybe starting on the bench i thought it was a decent enough first 11

Could have given Shaw some support up front, could have been better with his substitutions to change the game. He got it wrong today and didn't put it right in time.

Phil MaGlass
21-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Thing is, and its too much to look back, but, how many times have we said, it was Lennons fault the way he set up the team, he has to take the blame some time, today was a ridiculous set up and he has been responsible for poor judgement many a time this season, wtf is goin on with him. Its certainly not the quality of player we have, Abrose was all over the f,n place today, McGinn was non existant, the list is endless, atleast we can now focus on the league and fighting for a place in Europe, oh and why the hell did Lennon not play any of his new signings, especially the striker to give Shaw help up front. Ah well next time eh.

GreenCastle
21-01-2018, 04:06 PM
I’m still fully behind Lennon.

He’s knows we are short and the discipline issues haven’t helped him or the team.

Regroup and go again - plus add some bodies before the window shuts.

allmodcons
21-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Read your opening post and have a look at what it has spawned.

Lennon is doing a good job and on the back of a defeat you're saying he needs to take a look at himself which I expect he does after any defeat.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Simon Murray came on to partner Shaw with 15 mins to go, and was anonymous. It also left us short in midfield, so he did change things to make us more offensive as a lot on here wanted.

In my opinion it weakened us, and contributed to their goal.

We were poor today, sheite happens.

matty_f
21-01-2018, 04:08 PM
We needed more in the middle of the pitch imho. Failing that, a better out ball up front.

You need to play to your strengths in these games and I don't think we did that at all.

Golden Bear
21-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Whatever else does or doesn't happen in the next few days and weeks the one thing that definitely must not happen is a club statement.

If there are any problems going on at the club they should be dealt with behind closed doors by the manager and the CE. Washing linen in public is not a good idea - washing fantasy linen in public is even worse.

Nope, it needs to be done and dusted once for all. Look at the divisions it's caused amongst the fan base for a start.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Read your opening post and have a look at what it has spawned.

Lennon is doing a good job and on the back of a defeat you're saying he needs to take a look at himself which I expect he does after any defeat.

He does need to take a look at himself, that was a poor performance I thought it wasn’t the best set up either. If folk take my post out of context that’s their fault not mine.

Waxy
21-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Well i’d like to thank everyone at Hibs for the undefeated run against them. Not good today but that was anyones match and they sneaked it.I’d take one loss in ten against them every time. Time to find some unity.

Hibs90
21-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Saints at home - Lost
Hamilton away - Draw
Thistle away - Win
Celtic home - Draw
Rangers home - Lost
Aberdeen away - Lost
Ross County Home - Win
Hearts away - Draw
Killie home - Draw
Hearts away - Lost

Horrific form. Not good enough.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Saints at home - Lost
Hamilton away - Draw
Thistle away - Win
Celtic home - Draw
Rangers home - Lost
Aberdeen away - Lost
Ross County Home - Win
Hearts away - Draw
Killie home - Draw
Hearts away - Lost

Relegation form on the face of it.

We're not going to be relegated before anyone starts but that form is horrific reading.

GreenCastle
21-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Well i’d like to thank everyone at Hibs for the undefeated run against them. Not good today but that was anyones match and they sneaked it.I’d take one loss in ten against them every time. Time to find some unity.

Fully agree

greenlex
21-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Poor pitch but play Boyle and shaw? Why don’t play it off big Davie with barker or mclaren beside him. Why play a tight midfield 4 but have no full backs who can get past the half way line.

Big Dave has never done it in any game never mind a game like this. Boyle has more about him than Barker full stop again never mind a game like this. Personally I’d have played Murray before Shaw but would it really have made that much difference? McLaren is a tough e as I’ve not seen him play. It’s Lennons call. He sees them day in day out. Again I don’t think that would have made much difference. Maybe but we will never know.
In case you didn’t know Stevenson was overlapping most the game and was in their half plenty.
I’ll give you Efe isn’t a full back and the new boy might have done better st Right Back but he only signed a day or two ago. Is this the right game for him to get his first game?
We werepoir the second half but I’m not sure that could be laidat Oennons door..
I hope Stokes is shown the door as his disruptive influence is going to turn a decent first season in the top light to an average one.

Hibs90
21-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Relegation form on the face of it.

We're not going to be relegated before anyone starts but that form is horrific reading.

Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting anything by any means here, but serious questions need to be asked. Pressure is on Lennon to change it.

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 04:15 PM
I may be alone but I liked the team when I saw it.
It seems like a lot of hindsight going on. We got beat in a tight game. A sore one but let's move on.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 04:16 PM
It seems like a lot of hindsight going on. We got beat in a tight game. A sore one but let's move on.

I didn’t, what did you like about it? Not being funny btw I just thought it lacked pace and creativity.

col02
21-01-2018, 04:17 PM
The over reaction to a Derby defeat in the cup was inevitable. I don't think there was much between the two teams today. It stings that we lost the match late on but I think a bit perspective is required! Hearts are on a good run with a solid defence. They've added a guy with a strong pedigree in an attacking sense who will help influence others. Hibs on the other hand started with an academy graduate up top as our marquee signing decided to act like a tool when on a training camp and looks finished at the club. We will recover from this and hopefully finish top four in the league.

guthrie01
21-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Saints at home - Lost
Hamilton away - Draw
Thistle away - Win
Celtic home - Draw
Rangers home - Lost
Aberdeen away - Lost
Ross County Home - Win
Hearts away - Draw
Killie home - Draw
Hearts away - Lost

4 Games in the next 2 weeks with the OF away...

Lennon needs to sort it out quickly or we could slip away down the table

Paisley Hibby
21-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Well said.

neil7908
21-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Saints at home - Lost
Hamilton away - Draw
Thistle away - Win
Celtic home - Draw
Rangers home - Lost
Aberdeen away - Lost
Ross County Home - Win
Hearts away - Draw
Killie home - Draw
Hearts away - Lost

So two wins in 10? That's not good.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2018, 04:21 PM
I wonder if folk are posting positively on this thread because they're bothered about yams looking in. We were rubbish against an anti-fitba team. We've punched below our weight for weeks (and the same last season). Simply not good enough. Next few weeks have to see an improvement.

heretoday
21-01-2018, 04:22 PM
The over reaction to a Derby defeat in the cup was inevitable. I don't think there was much between the two teams today. It stings that we lost the match late on but I think a bit perspective is required! Hearts are on a good run with a solid defence. They've added a guy with a strong pedigree in an attacking sense who will help influence others. Hibs on the other hand started with an academy graduate up top as our marquee signing decided to act like a tool when on a training camp and looks finished at the club. We will recover from this and hopefully finish top four in the league.
Fair summing up.

allmodcons
21-01-2018, 04:24 PM
He downs need to take a look at himself, that was a poor performance I thought it wasn’t the best set up either. If folk take my post out of context that’s their fault not mine.

I haven't taken your post out of context. Do you not think that NL takes a good look at himself every time Hibs lose a match.

Given his menality, I expect he's fairly hard on himself after a setback.

With regards to set up, hindsight is a great thing. We were a few minutes away from taking them back to ER. IMO if the game had finished 0v0 there'd be few complaints. Football is all about fine lines.

Real Emerald
21-01-2018, 04:26 PM

You are quite right that there wasn’t much in it today on a bad pitch that was decided by a scrappy goal. The problem I have is we have gone backwards since our previous derby and the line up was worrying. Ambrose struggled, Bartley had to go off but he still didn’t put a newly signed full back on to shore it up. There appeared a lack of fitness in the second half that is also worrying. If we had won it would have been undeserved and a draw would have been a get out of jail card. That’s a huge turn around from recent meetings and doesn’t bode well.

zolliehibs
21-01-2018, 04:28 PM

A refreshing viewpoint and one I agree with wholeheartedly.

Hiber-nation
21-01-2018, 04:28 PM
I wonder if folk are posting positively on this thread because they're bothered about yams looking in. We were rubbish against an anti-fitba team. We've punched below our weight for weeks (and the same last season). Simply not good enough. Next few weeks have to see an improvement.

They played more fitba than us today and that's the first time in ages. Not good.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 04:29 PM
I haven't taken your post out of context. Do you not think that NL takes a good look at himself every time Hibs lose a match.

Given his menality, I expect he's fairly hard on himself after a setback.

With regards to set up, hindsight is a great thing. We were a few minutes away from taking them back to ER. IMO if the game had finished 0v0 there'd be few complaints. Football is all about fine lines.

I thought we were very lucky not to have conceded before we did. They outplayed us the whole second half. Not sure either why he didn’t throw MacLaren on either.

I’d hope he looks at himself but if you look at our form last ten games it’s pretty brutal. So he must improve and improve soon. We have played poor In to many games this season as well, but to lose to Hearts by putting in one of the worst performances in years isn’t good enough.

Not In The Know
21-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Correct.

GoalsMcGinley
21-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Lightweight up front, serious lack of pace, no creativity or goals coming from midfield and shipping to many goals. We’ve had a decent 1st half of the season considering it’s our 1st season back in the league but any one who can accept 2 wins in 10 games needs to have a serious word with themselves.

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 04:31 PM
I didn’t, what did you like about it? Not being funny btw I just thought it lacked pace and creativity.

Back 4 picked itself, I like Slivka in there,Bartley McGeogh McGinn are automatics and Boyle has the pace and Shaw is obviously good enough although still learning. Barker will have been disappointed but his pace is a good asset off the bench, and it was.

When you lose a game, it's easy to say he got the tactics wrong. Well in away he did, because we didn't win! But were their any glaring 'Kevin McCann at Centre Half' type tactical disasters? Not to my eyes.

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 04:33 PM
They outplayed us the whole second half

They really didn't.

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 04:35 PM
They really didn't.

I thought they did as well. We had a wee spell but it was all Hearts from what I was watching.

JCHibby
21-01-2018, 04:35 PM
They really didn't.

Yes they did

Concern is : Dylan is not sure where he is. SJM, will go down south, vety poor up top. Shaw will be good but unfair to expect so much now. We should have hit Cochrane hard early take the yellow and then dictate the game. Bad day - there left back looks very very good

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2018, 04:36 PM
They really didn't.

Exactly, drama queenary at its best, they were slightly better than us, but outplayed, give me ****in strength. :faf:

It was a sheite game played by two very poor teams on the day.

Hiber-nation
Back 4 picked itself, I like Slivka in there,Bartley McGeogh McGinn are automatics and Boyle has the pace and Shaw is obviously good enough although still learning. Barker will have been disappointed but his pace is a good asset off the bench, and it was.

When you lose a game, it's easy to say he got the tactics wrong. Well in away he did, because we didn't win! But were their any glaring 'Kevin McCann at Centre Half' type tactical disasters? Not to my eyes.

Not taking Ambrose off was a criminal offence in my opinion.

Thecat23
They really didn't.

Opinions eh! Commons and Boyd both said Hearts deserved the win with a much better second half performance than us. Not sure how anyone could say they didn’t outplay that half.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Biggest overreaction I've read so far. Which is no easy feat.

We are all gutted but as Blackpool pointed out, we were poor 2nd half. It happens.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-01-2018, 04:37 PM

The curse of the Hibs manager... if we capture a wayward “genius” or bit of a player. This will always be a bit of a balancing act and we’ve seen it down the years - Best through to Bamba and Stokes.

greenlex
21-01-2018, 04:38 PM
They really didn't.

Other than the last ten minutes they were by far the better team in the second half.

mcfly
21-01-2018, 04:39 PM

We are all gutted but as Blackpool pointed out, we were poor 2nd half. It happens.

Really 2 wins in 10 is that an over reaction?

Get a grip we’ve been poor for weeks or do
u not go very often?

mcfly
21-01-2018, 04:40 PM

In addition what signings have been great?

Please tell me I’m all ears

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Other than the last ten minutes they were by far the better team in the second half.

So you agree then? I was responding to cat saying we were outplayed for the whole second half. We were also pummelling them just before the goal when their keeper made a great save.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM

marciano, ambrose, barker, murray have all been good signings so far, Stokes has scored a few goals so i suppose has done what a striker is paid to do, never going to be great every week lets be honest, the rest have all been either injured to often or just average/poor

My old man
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM

We’re doomed captain manwering doomed

.Sean.
21-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Why is he always so reluctant to make a change when we're not getting beat? Not being behind in the game isn't an indication all is going well and a sub isn't needed. Slivka should've been off even before half time and the game was screaming out for us to go with another striker.

How he thought punts into Shaw when you look at the size of him in comparison to the two centre halfs he was up against was the answer rather than trying to play the channels with the pace available to us up top is beyond me.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Why is he always so reluctant to make a change when we're not getting beat? Not being behind in the game isn't an indication all is going well and a sub isn't needed. Slivka should've been off even before half time and the game was screaming out for us to go with another striker.

How he thought punts into Shaw when you look at the size of him in comparison to the two centre halfs he was up against was the answer rather than trying to play the channels with the pace available to us up top is beyond me.

didnt he bring on barker when it was 0-0?

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 04:47 PM
So you agree then? I was responding to cat saying we were outplayed for the whole second half. We were also pummelling them just before the goal when their keeper made a great save.

We lost the game from kick off second half bollah when we allowed them two easy corners to galvanise them and get the crowd behind them (I think around 46 minutes). Really don't get our 'kick off' thing too - McGinn launching a hopeful ball up the end of the pitch with no one to really battle for it - just retain possession easily and don't give it up cheaply. Thereafter, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch gave away needless free kicks which again galvanises them - as for Efe, I'm sorry, Levein got his tactics spot in second half and basically told his left back to press higher, have belief and get at him - he was all over the shop defending second half.

Two really poor sides today, however Hearts completely edged it with desire and work rate second half. No complaints losing to them today, nowt to do with luck or bad luck - quite simply it was work rate and being solid and winning battles and doing the absolute basics like clearing lines and not waltzing around the ball wanting three touches. We may mock their 'hoof' style - know what, would have eased a lot of pressure if we had adopted such an approach second half because our midfield lost us that game.

.Sean.
21-01-2018, 04:51 PM
didnt he bring on barker when it was 0-0?
I maybe should've worded that better. An early second half change or a change at half time would've been nice. Everyone in the stadium could see Slivka was like a man down the whole time he was on the park but he still got an extra 15 minutes after the break, heart of a mouse

allmodcons
21-01-2018, 04:52 PM
I thought we were very lucky not to have conceded before we did. They outplayed us the whole second half. Not sure either why he didn’t throw MacLaren on either.

I’d hope he looks at himself but if you look at our form last ten games it’s pretty brutal. So he must improve and improve soon. We have played poor In to many games this season as well, but to lose to Hearts by putting in one of the worst performances in years isn’t good enough.

League table doesn't lie. We're in a decent place. What were you're expectations when we got promoted?

The bit in bold is just nonsense. We were poor for the first 30 minutes of the second half and, if truth be told, lost a goal when we were having a decent spell.

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 04:53 PM
We lost the game from kick off second half bollah when we allowed them two easy corners to galvanise them and get the crowd behind them (I think around 46 minutes). Really don't get our 'kick off' thing too - McGinn launching a hopeful ball up the end of the pitch with no one to really battle for it - just retain possession easily and don't give it up cheaply. Thereafter, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch gave away needless free kicks which again galvanises them - as for Efe, I'm sorry, Levein got his tactics spot in second half and basically told his left back to press higher, have belief and get at him - he was all over the shop defending second half.

Two really poor sides today, however Hearts completely edged it with desire and work rate second half. No complaints losing to them today, nowt to do with luck or bad luck - quite simply it was work rate and being solid and winning battles and doing the absolute basics like clearing lines and not waltzing around the ball wanting three touches. We may mock their 'hoof' style - know what, would have eased a lot of pressure if we had adopted such an approach second half because our midfield lost us that game.

I don't disagree with much of that, but you're describing what happened when the players rolled up the sleeves and got ready for their individual battles... And came up short.

There's nothing in your post thats evidence of Lennon making a massive baws up tactically or in terms of personnel. Slivka didn't set the heather alight today but he's been good in training by all accounts and lots of posts on here asking for him to get more of a role... Again, hindsight wonderful after the event.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 04:56 PM
League table doesn't lie. We're in a decent place. What were you're expectations when we got promoted?

The bit in bold is just nonsense. We were poor for the first 30 minutes of the second half and, if truth be told, lost a goal when we were having a decent spell.

I’m delighted we are fourth, in fact we should prob be doing better if we had a striker. You don’t think that was one of the worst Hibs performances in a few years in a derby? When have we played as bad as that? Must be Fenlon or Butcher days?

We must bring in more players though this window, some of this team aren’t good enough.

K.Marx
21-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Just wish we wouldn’t sacrifice our width every time we go to Tynecastle. I know the pitch is narrower but it plays into their hands when we pack everyone in the centre of the park. Maybe explains why our record there is so abysmal.

Moody Blues
21-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Well said mcfly. I totally agree with you, most of Lennon's signings have been crap,

greenlex
21-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Agree we were outplayed? No not really. They were better but hardly outplayed.

mcfly
21-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Well said mcfly. I totally agree with you, most of Lennon's signings have been crap,

Apparently I’ve over reacted though

Some people appear happy with 2 wins in 10

I’m not

wookie70
21-01-2018, 05:06 PM

McGinn doesn't need a big move, he must be cleaning up at the bookies with his opposition first throw in bets. I said on the match thread that Levein had realised our diamond was making us easy to attack wide and that wasn't helped as Ambrose looked like he played blindfolded most of the game. Lewis was blowing out his arse down the other side as he was playing the whole length of the park on his own most of the game.

As for Lennon I think "fine" would describe his Hibs career so far. I think he has lived on the back of the superb team spirit and very good team he inherited from Stubbs. I don't think we have improved that much, if at all, player for player despite huge revenue from a Cup win and 17K gates and we look like we will be considerably worse after the window that we were before. I'm not sure we would spend money wisely even if we did bring someone in.

The team selection didn't work today and I thought our subs, as is often the case, made us poorer. No idea why he didn't try and tighten things up when Marv went off as Hearts were the stronger side at that point and it would have made sense to try and keep someone in the holding midfield spot and get them back to ER. That was very evident when they broke from our corner to win the corner they scored from. We are in fourth and if we stay their then Lennon will have done his job. Top six is fine too but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we finish outside the top six. We are on a very poor run, rarely keep a clean sheet and don't score many. We only have the league left and after 22 games I still have no idea what Lennon thinks our best team or formation is.

SMAXXA
21-01-2018, 05:06 PM

What a lot of ***** he’s under pressure. The man signs a player like stokes that everyone assicisated with Hibs would want how’s he to know how that would turn out. We lost today yes it’s pish but was always going to happen sometime we take it on the chin and move on

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 05:07 PM

I’m not

I’m happy that we are 4th. I’ll start to panic if we slide down the league.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Really 2 wins in 10 is that an over reaction?

Get a grip we’ve been poor for weeks or do
u not go very often?

Yes I do thanks for asking. ST holder for years.

Can I ask how long you've watched Hibs?

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 05:09 PM
I don't disagree with much of that, but you're describing what happened when the players rolled up the sleeves and got ready for their individual battles... And came up short.

There's nothing in your post thats evidence of Lennon making a massive baws up tactically or in terms of personnel. Slivka didn't set the heather alight today but he's been good in training by all accounts and lots of posts on here asking for him to get more of a role... Again, hindsight wonderful after the event.

The game was tight B, wasn't criticising your post match thoughts either mate :aok: First half we edged things but they also had two decent chances themselves. We then allowed their left back, who wasn't any great shakes, loads of room and time on that flank - we invited them on to us, yet when play broke up, there was again very very little in the final third.

My main angst is 'why bring in a striker and not play him in a huge game like this where he may thrive' ? Seems utterly bizarre and especially when all the fuss was about Naismith, yet they lost out on one we got (MacLaren) - these games are made for a wee 'Roy of the Rovers' type appearance.

Like you say, hindsight and all that. When all unravelled, we were undone by a set piece. Fine margins - but we have done well to have 9 unbeaten, knocking them out in two cup runs, and here's hoping another wee run starts again in March bud :agree:

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Agree we were outplayed? No not really. They were better but hardly outplayed.

:agree: I'll take the defeat, accept they beat us in a tight game but this chat that we were somehow overwhelmed today is just baws. They still look a very limited side to me, one that is rightly behind us in the league.

mcfly
21-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Yes I do thanks for asking. ST holder for years.

Can I ask how long you've watched Hibs?
Season ticket holder many many years

Hibrandenburg
:agree: The voice of reason.

Brexit
Trump President
Blackpool Hibs the voice of reason

I've woke up in a parallel universe.

Moody Blues

I’m not

Watch yourself mcfly. you will be accused of being a Jambo next for speaking your mind and having a opinion :greengrin

mcfly
21-01-2018, 05:13 PM
What a lot of ***** he’s under pressure. The man signs a player like stokes that everyone assicisated with Hibs would want how’s he to know how that would turn out. We lost today yes it’s pish but was always going to happen sometime we take it on the chin and move on

Course he’s under pressure - the signings haven’t been good enough when we rely on a young lad on his own up front.

I’m sorry but I think Lennon has to shoulder the blame

We create loads of chances but don’t score enough
Midfielders included.

heretoday
:agree: I'll take the defeat, accept they beat us in a tight game but this chat that we were somehow overwhelmed today is just baws. They still look a very limited side to me, one that is rightly behind us in the league.

If course we weren't overwhelmed. We were doing most of the attacking in the first half. Second half they got the upper hand but Boyle nearly scored at the end. Both sides looked poor to be honest and the game was a terrible advert etc etc.

mcfly
Watch yourself mcfly. you will be accused of being a Jambo next for speaking your mind and having a opinion :greengrin

😂😂😂

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 05:14 PM
The game was tight B, wasn't criticising your post match thoughts either mate :aok: First half we edged things but they also had two decent chances themselves. We then allowed their left back, who wasn't any great shakes, loads of room and time on that flank - we invited them on to us, yet when play broke up, there was again very very little in the final third.

My main angst is 'why bring in a striker and not play him in a huge game like this where he may thrive' ? Seems utterly bizarre and especially when all the fuss was about Naismith, yet they lost out on one we got (MacLaren) - these games are made for a wee 'Roy of the Rovers' type appearance.

Like you say, hindsight and all that. When all unravelled, we were undone by a set piece. Fine margins - but we have done well to have 9 unbeaten, knocking them out in two cup runs, and here's hoping another wee run starts again in March bud :agree:

:agree: its not long to wait. Hopefully we still have some nice transfer business to do before then too :aok:

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Wonder why Jamie MacLaren never got any game time?

ScottB
As it stands, we’re 4th in our first season back in the top flight, behind an all but unbeatable Celtic team, an Aberdeen side that have been solidly second best for years and Rangers, who probably have a budget at least 3 or 4 times the size of ours.

Theres’s nothing bad about the season as a whole so far. Would I have hoped to be more in the mix for second, sure, am I going to call for a managers head because we aren’t? No. A decent run in the Scottish Cup would have been good, but an away Derby tie is always going to be a lottery, though it’s an obvious disappointment, again, it’s not a sackable offense.

Though if we end up struggling to make the top 6, then the question of his management becomes a serious one to have.

lapsedhibee
washing fantasy linen in public

That should be a whole separate sub-forum. Neil Lennon spends more time at Celtc supporters functions than he does at East Mains, and that's why we're oot the cup.

carnoustiehibee
Big Dave has never done it in any game never mind a game like this. Boyle has more about him than Barker full stop again never mind a game like this. Personally I’d have played Murray before Shaw but would it really have made that much difference? McLaren is a tough e as I’ve not seen him play. It’s Lennons call. He sees them day in day out. Again I don’t think that would have made much difference. Maybe but we will never know.
In case you didn’t know Stevenson was overlapping most the game and was in their half plenty.
I’ll give you Efe isn’t a full back and the new boy might have done better st Right Back but he only signed a day or two ago. Is this the right game for him to get his first game?
We werepoir the second half but I’m not sure that could be laidat Oennons door..
I hope Stokes is shown the door as his disruptive influence is going to turn a decent first season in the top light to an average one.

Big dave has never had a chance, thinking Boyle has more to offer the barker is just mental.

IlDiavola
21-01-2018, 05:16 PM

Spot on mate.

Absolutely hate losing to that mob but it is one game. Admittedly, NL made a couple of dodgy decisions and has this bad habit of not changing things as early as we would all like but to suggest that people will start staying away from our games is quite frankly ludicrous.

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 05:18 PM
I would like to thank the various players involved in putting NL in any sort of position other than picking players and tactics. Well done guys thanks.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Season ticket holder many many years

Glad to hear. I guess my stance is that I've seen a hell of a lot worse than this.

Each to their own and all that, but after all I've seen and endured in the past, I don't see the need for overreacting at this time.

I'll continue to look at the bigger picture.

Borderhibbie76
21-01-2018, 05:19 PM
No happy with his post match comments tbh...the comment about the linesman is poor and reeks of a bad loser...just find it embarrassing. If have more respect for him of he admitted he ballsed up the team selection which we all.know he did. Why does Boyle get to start after his part in the Algarve 3 as Well?? For me Lennon has too many favourites in that team who appear undroppable. Got it all badly wrong today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
21-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Whilst I think being an anti-fitba team is an accusation you could readily level against them most times, I don't think you could this time.

IMO they played tried to play far more football than we did.

WTF is it that makes us think that the only way of retaining the ball there is to try and play stupid passes up the touchline to a player who is standing hard against it with his opponent virtually holding his hand

Today at least IMO we hoofed it far more than they did, they had far more of the play in attacking areas than we did and retained the ball far better.

That was as bad a Hibs performance as I have seen since the days of Butcher, awful and completely lacking in the intensity required to win a derby

Zazu62
21-01-2018, 05:36 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1406638-lennon-hits-back-at-disrespectful-levein-statement/

Lennon not pleased

supermcginn
21-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Big dave has never had a chance, thinking Boyle has more to offer the barker is just mental.

Boyle has nowhere near the ability Barker's got, 0 assists all season and struggles finishing wise big time. Barker will go on to have a good career.

wookie70
21-01-2018, 05:43 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1406638-lennon-hits-back-at-disrespectful-levein-statement/

Lennon not pleased

Happy with his reply on the "natural order" question. Levein is a classless prick. If we continue our run of form we may not have two more games against Hearts.

greenlex
21-01-2018, 05:43 PM
It’s not really. In a 50-50 tackle I know which one would be the most committed. He would be intheteam before Barker every time in these games.

seanoheimhin
21-01-2018, 05:44 PM
As it stands, we’re 4th in our first season back in the top flight, behind an all but unbeatable Celtic team, an Aberdeen side that have been solidly second best for years and Rangers, who probably have a budget at least 3 or 4 times the size of ours.

Try 10 times or more

erin go bragh
21-01-2018, 05:46 PM
As poor as we were second half , we had our best spell in the last 10 mins . Boyle should have had two but it was not to be . One defeat in ten against them . First time since the 60s that they have beat us at the PBS in the Scottish cup . Wtf does that cheap corrugated iron look like on the inside of all their stands .

One Day Soon
21-01-2018, 05:49 PM
That should be a whole separate sub-forum. Neil Lennon spends more time at Celtc supporters functions than he does at East Mains, and that's why we're oot the cup.

This IS a spoof post right?

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Some amount of over reaction on this thread and on here tonight. Calm the **** down.

mcfly
21-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear. I guess my stance is that I've seen a hell of a lot worse than this.

Each to their own and all that, but after all I've seen and endured in the past, I don't see the need for overreacting at this time.

I'll continue to look at the bigger picture.

You know I agree with you re calderwood/butcher years

Maybe we just expect more nowadays.

Still at least we’ve all seen us win the cup 😃😃

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Amen.

Made worse by the fact we tried this last time out and it was proved not to work. It's like Lennon thought we were playing at the Pitz rather than a marginally smaller park than normal

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Just wish we wouldn’t sacrifice our width every time we go to Tynecastle. I know the pitch is narrower but it plays into their hands when we pack everyone in the centre of the park. Maybe explains why our record there is so abysmal.

In a nutshell this is why we lost.

Their left back looked good, but in the 10 mins or so when we actually went with width and a 4-3-3 we got some joy and Boyle was past hI'm.

Boyle is our biggest threat and we decide to change his position and play him against Berra and Souttar. Awful tactics by Lennon

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Amen.

Made worse by the fact we tried this last time out and it was proved not to work. It's like Lennon thought we were playing at the Pitz rather than a marginally smaller park than normal

When Bartley went off the game was crying out for someone with a bit of pace and energy like Swanson (in the middle of the park). We were too quick to play it out wide on a narrow pitch, rather than drive forward centrally and give their centre halves decisions to make.

It was a really combative game which could have went either way, like many derbies - on this occasion we fell short - however I honestly don't think the Portugal situation helped matters and clearly it would have affected the squad and possible team selection. Stokes et al need to all hang heads in shame for me - they have had a major off field contribution to today for their lack of professionalism. The media pendulum swung in their favour this last week and that can (and did) affect players I think.

guthrie01
21-01-2018, 06:01 PM

Lennon not pleased

Good comments from the boss, not sure about the “we deserved to win” though.

Hopefully take them back to ER and show them how football is supposed to be played. That “pitch” at Tynie was a disgrace, although it suited Leveins tactics just perfect and they got what they wanted, a scrappy 1 goal win.

Speedway
21-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Wonder why Jamie MacLaren never got any game time?

You’re fishing but I’ll bite.

Probably because he’s rank.

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Hopefully take them back to ER and show them how football is supposed to be played. That “pitch” at Tynie was a disgrace, although it suited Leveins tactics just perfect and they got what they wanted, a scrappy 1 goal win.

Hearts played football today, we didn't. Thought the pitch looked a lot better today as well.

SquashedFrogg
21-01-2018, 06:06 PM
You know I agree with you re calderwood/butcher years

Maybe we just expect more nowadays.

Still at least we’ve all seen us win the cup 😃😃

I know. Expectations are certainly up which I guess does make results like today a bit harder.

Onwards and upwards ☺

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 06:07 PM
You’re fishing but I’ll bite.

Probably because he’s rank.

Yep most likely. Hearts sign two players on loan straight in the team. We sign 3 on loan and every single one of them are on the bench, what happened to quality over quantity

BegbieHSC
21-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Lenny got his tactics ALL WRONG today, but those implying that he should be for the chop soon are just radges tbh.

We're in really bad form atm, but if anyone is going to dig us out of it, it is gonna be Lenny!

lapsedhibee
21-01-2018, 06:13 PM

Absolutely top interview there. He was referring to the league game when he said we should have won 'here'.

familyman
21-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Yes we were 2nd to the ball and passing was well off pace,so much for a break in Portugal.
This was a cup tie and this time around the passion from the team was absent and the rust evident.
McGinn seemed not his usual self ,when he is off the team is off sadly.
We need though to see how the new players fit in,but today I would have had a different right back but whether new singing was ready we will never know.
An important game yes but it is just one game so see if we can get another player or two in before deadline so we can stay in top 3/4
Danny Swanston is he ever going to get a game or will he just be sent back to Perth, today I think he could have helped especially with AS letting us all down badly.

I believe Lennon makes mistakes but who does not ,today yes his selection was wrong in at least two positions.
We can forget it and move on quickly.

MacGruber
21-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Appreciate that but it doesn't seem like we are building or improving. it feels like we are going into decline.

Lennon has proven himself to be a great man manager and at times good tactician (Not today though)

As for signings though it feels like we aren't getting value for money and the successes we have enjoyed to date are still due to having the majority of the team Stubbs built.
The building job from here on in as the team changes is suspect.

If I was a board member I would be concerned about the amount of money spent on Big Davey, Whittaker, Swanson, Slicks for so far very little return. Probably the 2 biggest earners by all accounts in Stokes and Ambrose are having a detrimental affect on the squad (allegedly). Now Rherras is signed for cover at full.back and he isn't playing when the full backs are injured. Ambrose at RB was horrible today (& I like Ambrose in the main at CB). The new striker is already what - 4th choice. What was the point in that

Lago
21-01-2018, 06:40 PM

I don't think he should be booted either ,but looking at him today he just looked totally fed up. Wouldn't surprise me if it continues as is he decides to jack it.

MacGruber
21-01-2018, 06:41 PM

He played Ambrose at right back instead of going a back 3 or signing an adequate full back.

Set Boyle up on the wrong side

Played Shaw upfront on his own ahead of the more experienced Murray or international McLaren

Put Murray on for Bartley

Never put on McLaren

Signing McLaren and already deeming him not good enough even for 5 mins

Poor signings that haven't taken us further forward

All IMO

Greenwich_Hibby
21-01-2018, 06:46 PM
He played Ambrose at right back instead of going a back 3 or signing an adequate full back.

Played Shaw upfront on his own ahead of the more experienced Murray or international McLaren

Never put on McLaren

All IMO

This.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Appreciate that but it doesn't seem like we are building or improving. it feels like we are going into decline.

Lennon has proven himself to be a great man manager and at times good tactician (Not today though)

As for signings though it feels like we aren't getting value for money and the successes we have enjoyed to date are still due to having the majority of the team Stubbs built.
The building job from here on in as the team changes is suspect.

If I was a board member I would be concerned about the amount of money spent on Big Davey, Whittaker, Swanson, Slicks for so far very little return. Probably the 2 biggest earners by all accounts in Stokes and Ambrose are having a detrimental affect on the squad (allegedly). Now Rherras is signed for cover at full.back and he isn't playing when the full backs are injured. Ambrose at RB was horrible today (& I like Ambrose in the main at CB). The new striker is already what - 4th choice. What was the point in that

Kinda agree with that. I have always had questions about Lennon I never liked him before he arrived but his record in the important games and the fact he speaks very well meant he deserved a lot of slack. I thought we struggled last year in a weak league but got over the line with a few big performances in the games that mattered and the cup runs were good so nothing to complain about. Yet I remained unconvinced, now is the time for NL to earn his cash we need a centre forward a right back and a replacement for McGinn and we need to hold on to 4th place let's see what he delivers.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:50 PM

Never put on McLaren

All IMO

I think once the dust has settled and he has a real think about things, he'll know that many of the points you highlight should have been addressed. Totally with you on MacLaren - a debut in a game like this, with all the stuff over the transfer, would have been the most obvious thing to do. Really really can't understand why he never got minutes - but the most baffling was the Bartley substitution (Murray). Body language from Lennon really disappointed me today too - you puff out your chest in away games and you give it laldy - being slumped in his seat most of the second half isn't a good look at all. I'm not for one minute advocating being a tasmanian devil on the sidelines but he had no 'ooomph' about him today - I honestly think this Portugal thing has scunnered him by the looks of things.

Famous Fiver
Sammy, where's the cash coming from for this recruitment drive you crave?

We lost today.

Must impact on our income for the rest of the season, and reduce scope for the type of surgery you are advocating?

Ken
Another sh*t and completely needless thread.

We’ve played really well in most games this season bar about 3 or 4 and we’d have a lot more points on the board if we had a goalscorer, which we signed 2 weeks ago

Borderhibbie76
21-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Yes we were 2nd to the ball and passing was well off pace,so much for a break in Portugal.
This was a cup tie and this time around the passion from the team was absent and the rust evident.
McGinn seemed not his usual self ,when he is off the team is off sadly.
We need though to see how the new players fit in,but today I would have had a different right back but whether new singing was ready we will never know.
An important game yes but it is just one game so see if we can get another player or two in before deadline so we can stay in top 3/4
Danny Swanston is he ever going to get a game or will he just be sent back to Perth, today I think he could have helped especially with AS letting us all down badly.

I believe Lennon makes mistakes but who does not ,today yes his selection was wrong in at least two positions.
We can forget it and move on quickly.Sorry it's not as easy as that ...losing a derby esp in the cup hurts and that team put out today was a bit of a shambles. It's not the 1st time Lennon has lost us a big match with his over negative tactics...it's happened in the last 2 cup semi finals too. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and his signings to date have been pretty poor. We have a rough run of games again...3 of next 5 are the top 3. If we don't pick up points he is gonna quickly find himself under severe pressure from the fans

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Sorry it's not as easy as that ...losing a derby esp in the cup hurts and that team put out today was a bit of a shambles. It's not the 1st time Lennon has lost us a big match with his over negative tactics...it's happened in the last 2 cup semi finals too. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and his signings to date have been pretty poor. We have a rough run of games again...3 of next 5 are the top 3. If we don't pick up points he is gonna quickly find himself under severe pressure from the fans

With Stubbs still out of a job too................................:cb only joking and no I don't think Lennon is under pressure, far from it. Could have won today, could have drawn - we didn't - we move on to the next one :agree:

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Sammy, where's the cash coming from for this recruitment drive you crave?

We lost today.

Must impact on our income for the rest of the season, and reduce scope for the type of surgery you are advocating?

When (and if) Davie McGinn and Stokes go that must free up cash

Borderhibbie76
21-01-2018, 06:57 PM
With Stubbs still out of a job too................................:cb only joking and no I don't think Lennon is under pressure, far from it. Could have won today, could have drawn - we didn't - we move on to the next one :agree:I didn't mean now but we have a very tough run of games coming up and performances like today won t cut it. 2 wins in 10 is not good form...regardless of how many times we've dominated. He needs to fix this and fast

greenlex
21-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Never put on McLaren

P

All IMO
Opinions eh?
I don’t think three at the back would have worked any. betterdefensively. Naismith was always playing alongside Concalves. I f they had played one up top I would agree with three at the back. Playing with two wing backs and width on the narrow pitch. Not for me.
Boyle over Barker for me in a physical game. They are poor at left back and have been fora while. Boyle on the left made sense to me.
Damned whioever he played up top. My preference would have been Murray but I thought Shaw did well first half. Mclaren May If May not have been a better option. As I’ve not seen him I’ll leave that up to Lennon. Maybe the pitch influenced it.
Bartley was injured and there was t much on the bench to replace him. I think Lennons band was forced to be more forward thinking. We looked like creating more but unfortunately couldn’t keep the clean sheet.
The signings are the signings. We’re a work in progress.

MacGruber
21-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Opinions eh?
I don’t think three at the back would have worked any. betterdefensively. Naismith was always playing alongside Concalves. I f they had played one up top I would agree with three at the back. Playing with two wing backs and width on the narrow pitch. Not for me.
Boyle over Barker for me in a physical game. They are poor at left back and have been fora while. Boyle on the left made sense to me.
Damned whioever he played up top. My preference would have been Murray but I thought Shaw did well first half. Mclaren May If May not have been a better option. As I’ve not seen him I’ll leave that up to Lennon. Maybe the pitch influenced it.
Bartley was injured and there was t much on the bench to replace him. I think Lennons band was forced to be more forward thinking. We looked like creating more but unfortunately couldn’t keep the clean sheet.
The signings are the signings. We’re a work in progress.

Opinions indeed and I don't agree
You have however made me consider a few of the points with a well balanced counter. Maybe there was more logic to decisions than met the eye.

On signings though... both clubs were in a similar position

We both needed a full back and a striker.

We both signed exactly that. Hearts signings making a big impact - ours made zero.

Stokes was our main man upfront. He was missing self inflicted. Murray is our top scorer and the lad we signed a full internationalist.
I like Shaw. He has a big future. He done well up top with Stokes last time out but to ask him to play the line striker was folly for me.

As for McLaren - I remain utterly baffled. Pity Hearts didn't bench Naismith!

BoomtownHibees
21-01-2018, 07:15 PM
When (and if) Davie McGinn and Stokes go that must free up cash

Is Davie the brother of John?

pacoluna
21-01-2018, 07:19 PM

I was the opposite. As much as I think Shaw will be great for us I don't think we should be relying on him for goals. As much as I also rate mcgeough and sjm they aren't penetrative enough for my liking in the final 3rd. We lack creativity,only when barker came on did we look threatening

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:20 PM
I don't think he should be booted either ,but looking at him today he just looked totally fed up. Wouldn't surprise me if it continues as is he decides to jack it.

Funny you should say that, I thought he looked totally drained in the interview he gave on Friday for STV. He just looked totally shattered and fed up.

I’d hope he wouldn’t jack it and don’t think he will, maybe frustrated at lack of funds in the window for players or fed up with players who he can’t shift out the club.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Funny you should say that, I thought he looked totally drained in the interview he gave on Friday for STV. He just looked totally shattered and fed up.

I’d hope he wouldn’t jack it and don’t think he will, maybe frustrated at lack of funds in the window for players or fed up with players who he can’t shift out the club.

His reaction to the Levein comments post match was his most animated and stoic - totally agree though, for me TC, writing was on the wall this week after all the negative press and the Naismith 'love in' - club and squad let it get to them I think.

Onwards and upwards though :agree: Tell you what though, George and Co. better have a couple of signings lined up because this side will need refreshed for a top 6 push.

Lago
21-01-2018, 07:29 PM
:greengrin
Is Davie the brother of John?

Lago
21-01-2018, 07:30 PM
:aok:

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 07:30 PM
His reaction to the Levein comments post match was his most animated and stoic - totally agree though, for me TC, writing was on the wall this week after all the negative press and the Naismith 'love in' - club and squad let it get to them I think.

Onwards and upwards though :agree: Tell you what though, George and Co. better have a couple of signings lined up because this side will need refreshed for a top 6 push.

Yep, Hearts got a real boost with Naismith yet we didn’t even play MacLaren or Rherras which I found odd. This is now turned into a huge window for us now for players moving and coming in.

Sitting forth is fantastic, but that won’t last with this squad as it is. Couple good players in Mallan for one would be brilliant and the lift we need.

ronaldo7
21-01-2018, 07:34 PM
They set up the way we should have today. A back 5, with Efe alongside Darren and Paul, with the new signing and Lewis. His stance on keeping, Shaw, on for the whole match beggars belief. We needed to give him some help against a matured back 3.

The set up was wrong. We could see that in the boozer.

We need to freshen things up for the run in.

flash
21-01-2018, 07:40 PM

Aye we are forever in the top four right enough.

bongo'd
21-01-2018, 07:59 PM
I think once the dust has settled and he has a real think about things, he'll know that many of the points you highlight should have been addressed. Totally with you on MacLaren - a debut in a game like this, with all the stuff over the transfer, would have been the most obvious thing to do. Really really can't understand why he never got minutes - but the most baffling was the Bartley substitution (Murray). Body language from Lennon really disappointed me today too - you puff out your chest in away games and you give it laldy - being slumped in his seat most of the second half isn't a good look at all. I'm not for one minute advocating being a tasmanian devil on the sidelines but he had no 'ooomph' about him today - I honestly think this Portugal thing has scunnered him by the looks of things.

Got to disagree about McLaren getting a shot today. If there wasn't a time for a new signing to get flung in at the deep end it was today. Especially as Lennon has already stated we shouldn't expect much from him outside the 18 yard box. We barely got in to their penalty area so rendering him useless!!!

The sooner Lennon or Hibs come out and clarify what has went on in Portugal the better IMO but probably easier said than done if we are trying to offload one of players involved

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 08:01 PM
They set up the way we should have today. A back 5, with Efe alongside Darren and Paul, with the new signing and Lewis. His stance on keeping, Shaw, on for the whole match beggars belief. We needed to give him some help against a matured back 3.

The set up was wrong. We could see that in the boozer.

We need to freshen things up for the run in.

This 👍🏼

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Got to disagree about McLaren getting a shot today. If there wasn't a time for a new signing to get flung in at the deep end it was today. Especially as Lennon has already stated we shouldn't expect much from him outside the 18 yard box. We barely got in to their penalty area so rendering him useless!!!

The sooner Lennon or Hibs come out and clarify what has went on in Portugal the better IMO but probably easier said than done if we are trying to offload one of players involved

At 0-0, in a cup tie away, against our rivals, when it's nip and tuck all the way for up to 80 odd minutes - cannot think of a better stage to bring on a striker who we have 'pinched' from our neighbours for 20 minutes to try and win a tie !!! You serious ? I'd be bursting for the opportunity to be a cup hero in those circumstances.

bongo'd
21-01-2018, 08:18 PM
At 0-0, in a cup tie away, against our rivals, when it's nip and tuck all the way for up to 80 odd minutes - cannot think of a better stage to bring on a striker who we have 'pinched' from our neighbours for 20 minutes to try and win a tie !!! You serious ? I'd be bursting for the opportunity to be a cup hero in those circumstances.

As I am sure McLaren would have been but for whatever reason, which neither me nor you know, Lennon felt otherwise.

For what it's worth. I actually felt we were having our best spell of the game in the previous 10 minutes before there goal.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2018, 08:32 PM

Eh?

Northernhibee
21-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Aye we are forever in the top four right enough.

Lennon said we were the second best team in Scotland.

We are absolutely underperforming, by his own standards.

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Lennon said we were the second best team in Scotland.

We are absolutely underperforming, by his own standards.

When did he say this? In the heat of the moment after running the actual second best team in the country all the way in the cup semi. He has stated THIS season that he wants top six then to break our way into top four if possible.

Northernhibee
21-01-2018, 08:46 PM
When did he say this? In the heat of the moment after running the actual second best team in the country all the way in the cup semi. He has stated THIS season that he wants top six then to break our way into top four if possible.

You just answered your own question. He wouldn't have said it if he didn't think it was possible.

FWIW two wins in ten is absolutely dire and will see us finish outside the top six if we can't arrest the slump.

Navids Numpties
21-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Hibs are an absolute disgrace whenever they play at tynecastle. **** the score today was an absolute mess

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 08:48 PM
As I am sure McLaren would have been but for whatever reason, which neither me nor you know, Lennon felt otherwise.

For what it's worth. I actually felt we were having our best spell of the game in the previous 10 minutes before there goal.

Perhaps bud - for me they were in total control second half because our midfield decided to down tools and not battle as hard.

I still think this game was one psychologically - we let Portugal and the media feed into the thoughts - game for me was lost during the week, especially after seeing Lennon's press conference. He gave everything away in his demeanour and that surely transmits to the players. Bad management from all at the club this week, but certain players as mentioned really need to look at themselves in the mirror. They're at Hibs and not better for a reason - they want better - stay off the sauce, it's that simple.

gaz1875
21-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Never put on McLaren

All IMO

I said pretty much all of this earlier :confused: NL has his favourites that's for sure, no matter how poor they have been playing.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 09:36 PM
I said pretty much all of this earlier :confused: NL has his favourites that's for sure, no matter how poor they have been playing.

There's no need for drastic changes given it was so tight today in what was a very tense and even game - I would definitely be dropping Ambrose after today though. You can't allow a showing like that today to go 'unpunished' - deserves to be dropped from the starting 11. He was simply awful from start to finish.

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 09:38 PM
There's no need for drastic changes given it was so tight today in what was a very tense and even game - I would definitely be dropping Ambrose after today though. You can't allow a showing like that today to go 'unpunished' - deserves to be dropped from the starting 11. He was simply awful from start to finish.

He's undroppable under Lennon for some reason

Heisenberg
21-01-2018, 09:40 PM

This certainly seems to be the case. He got utterly roasted against Aberdeen and also gifted them a goal but was somehow the only player to get any praise from Lennon.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 09:42 PM

In the main his form has been good though - today he was simply awful and for me was the catalyst for their confidence to grow because he seemed to not give a flying one at times when they had the ball out wide. I've every sympathy with Darren and Paul Hanlon going tonto at him because he was simply lazy the whole game and not tuned into it.

Drop him and make him earn his place, a very simple decision for me.

murray26
21-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Probably time to give the new boy a chance.. EFE needs a rest.

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 09:45 PM
This certainly seems to be the case. He got utterly roasted against Aberdeen and also gifted them a goal but was somehow the only player to get any praise from Lennon.

I'd give wee facial rear-ass a start at RB v dundee and see what he can do

Hibrandenburg
21-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Summary:

**** game played between two teams that were ****ty. Our team had ****ty luck in that they lost a ****ty goal and it all played out in a ****hole.

Steve-O
21-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Isn’t it the case that MacLaren simply isn’t match fit yet?

I expected him to perhaps come on, but given we were barely getting near the box, perhaps Lennon didn’t think he’d be able to offer much.

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 10:08 PM

I expected him to perhaps come on, but given we were barely getting near the box, perhaps Lennon didn’t think he’d be able to offer much.

Naismith hadn't played a competitive game in 5 months and they had an academy player at left back - why sign players early in the window, one under the noses of our rivals, and not take a chance on him ?

Terrible game and football management from Lennon if you ask me. If a player is on the bench he is fit to play, end of story. He should have been given some game time. Murray for Bartley was bemusing and baffling - I honestly couldn't understand the game plan there and we lost all shape after that.

Even playing Swanson would have maybe changed things in our favour - player who needs to show his worth, playing against ex employers, creates a wee bit of edge in the crowd - I'm all for bringing it to them instead of playing safe. Today we played safe and for me hoping for a home replay, which was very very sad to see.

Captain Trips
21-01-2018, 10:30 PM
We play a team 10x on one of those occasions I will expect Hibs to get it wrong and today they did and unfortunately it was also a cup match. Hearts have felt like we do tonight on quite a few occasions of late.

I can take this on chin, what I cannot take is our own self destruction that may carry on to other matches.

We lost to them at 10th attempt its tough but take it.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Yet Hearts start with Naismith who hasn’t kicked a ball since when? If he’s on the bench he’s fit and surely to god can handle 20 mins of football.

chookyembra
22-01-2018, 11:09 AM
I've not posted for longer but completely disagree with you!
Lennon is massively under performing, the Portugal incident is poor management, the Stokes situation should never have happened, far too in love with Celtic, think's he is bigger than the club we love, his team selection and tactics yesterday were all wrong.

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Lennon is massively under performing, the Portugal incident is poor management, the Stokes situation should never have happened, far too in love with Celtic, think's he is bigger than the club we love, his team selection and tactics yesterday were all wrong.

What kind of mpg do you get from your Rover bud?

Elephant Stone
22-01-2018, 11:32 AM

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2018, 11:34 AM
What kind of mpg do you get from your Rover bud?

:faf: They are not even trying to hide it now. :greengrin

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 11:43 AM
:faf: They are not even trying to hide it now. :greengrin

Well, Yam idiot's gonna Yam idiot I suppose.

we are hibs
22-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Has Lennon ever took the blame for anything? It's always excuses. It's the refs fault, it's the other teams fault. Why not admit "i made a mistake with the team selection"

OsloHibs
22-01-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm not his biggest fan. I don't like his signing policy, Whittaker, Ambrose, Stokes, Rocky must be on good wages- and for that money I'd have prefered to see it spent elsewhere. That's all.

BlackSheep
22-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Yet Hearts start with Naismith who hasn’t kicked a ball since when? If he’s on the bench he’s fit and surely to god can handle 20 mins of football.

Match fit and fit are not quite the same thing, which I am guessing you know already, I don't want to come across like I'm teaching your gran to suck eggs, but none us know exactly how much game time either Naismith or MacLaren have had of late.... MacLaren for all we know may not have looked very sharp since coming in, whereas Naismith was a replacement to Laugherty.

Like others have said we didn't look like offering much in their box and from what I have seen of MacLaren he is a penalty box striker.

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Has Lennon ever took the blame for anything? It's always excuses. It's the refs fault, it's the other teams fault. Why not admit "i made a mistake with the team selection"

Yeah, cos that approach is common place among all other managers. They just fall over themselves to admit errors in public. Everyone knows that the more a leader states in public that they have ****ed-up, the more confidence it gives the troops. The media definitely wouldn't use that to write 'Crisis at Hibs' stories. In fact I think he should just routinely hold press conferences to confess to things he isn't even responsible for.

SeanWilson
22-01-2018, 12:17 PM
I'm not his biggest fan. I don't like his signing policy, Whittaker, Ambrose, Stokes, Rocky must be on good wages- and for that money I'd have prefered to see it spent elsewhere. That's all.

Thing is though - take me back to the summer and tell me we're about to sign those 4 players and add in Swanson on perm deals and I'd be away down the pub to celebrate!

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2018, 12:26 PM
If brokeback is to believed it all kick off in the dressing room and Lennon had to be escorted out. Do I believe this? No. But you do get the impression something isn't right. I would have hoped that he would have gone through the players for yesterday but to the extent they are claiming.nah

Jones28
22-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Thing is though - take me back to the summer and tell me we're about to sign those 4 players and add in Swanson on perm deals and I'd be away down the pub to celebrate!

Yepp, we're all clever cookies after the fact aren't we? Those 5 deals were great at the time and could still be, but having a **** month makes us a basket case with a crap signing policy and a clueless manager.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-01-2018, 12:35 PM
If brokeback is to believed it all kick off in the dressing room and Lennon had to be escorted out. Do I believe this? No. But you do get the impression something isn't right. I would have hoped that he would have gone through the players for yesterday but to the extent they are claiming.nah

Said on the way home that it was a performance of a team not 100% happy with themselves. Maybe the Stokes thing, maybe something else but imo there was definitely an off-the-field element to yesterday's poor performance.

DelcyRodriguez
22-01-2018, 12:54 PM

Arsene Wenger does the same I’ve noticed!

It is never his, or his teams fault, if something goes wrong.

flash
22-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Arsene Wenger does the same I’ve noticed!

It is never his, or his teams fault, if something goes wrong.
What does Craig Levein do?

andybev1
22-01-2018, 01:13 PM

I think this for me is where we stand. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Can't remember which game it was, but i do remember Lennon saying in the past that he might have got the team selection or tactics wrong.

DelcyRodriguez
22-01-2018, 01:17 PM
What does Craig Levein do?

He attacks people and gets away with it! He is a coward and has been for more than three decades.

I can’t stand the man to be honest.

andybev1
22-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Summary:

**** game played between two teams that were ****ty. Our team had ****ty luck in that they lost a ****ty goal and it all played out in a ****hole.

is that you Trump? :wink:

we are hibs
22-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Yeah, cos that approach is common place among all other managers. They just fall over themselves to admit errors in public. Everyone knows that the more a leader states in public that they have ****ed-up, the more confidence it gives the troops. The media definitely wouldn't use that to write 'Crisis at Hibs' stories. In fact I think he should just routinely hold press conferences to confess to things he isn't even responsible for.

Hes not responsible for picking the team? Very good, mate.

hhibs
22-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Said on the way home that it was a performance of a team not 100% happy with themselves. Maybe the Stokes thing, maybe something else but imo there was definitely an off-the-field element to yesterday's poor performance.

Yep,something not right somewhere.