PDA

View Full Version : Hibs were never going to win the game with that mentality

cleanyman
21-01-2018, 03:56 PM
At no point did Hibs look like they were going to win that game and that's what annoys me

Terrible management and terrible team selection

An unacceptable end to our run

And please no more trips abroad. A disaster.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 03:58 PM
At no point did Hibs look like they were going to win that game and that's what annoys me

apart from when boyle missed the sitter?

Charliemurdhibs
21-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Boyle dosent actually know you can aim past the keeper

cleanyman
21-01-2018, 03:59 PM
apart from when boyle missed the sitter?

Yes. Let's forget about the 5 sitters Hearts missed. We should have been pumped today

andybev1
21-01-2018, 03:59 PM
terrible team selection - what a ****ing shambles.

hibIBZ
21-01-2018, 04:00 PM
The whole team didn’t look right today, apart from perhaps Mcgregor and Hanlon who i thought did well for the most part. Something doesn’t seem right. Is the stokes thing causing a bigger problem? Can things like that shake a changing room? Or where they simply just not there today

sean04
21-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Complete over reaction, that game could've went either way

SeanWilson
21-01-2018, 04:02 PM

Personally thought we were the better team for the most part. They're a different specimen with Naismith in the team (yes he's a good signing) and no way we could have started 433 or similar. Fair play to all and bad luck on the day.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Yes. Let's forget about the 5 sitters Hearts missed. We should have been pumped today

they didnt miss 5 sitters so no point making stuff up

SeanWilson
21-01-2018, 04:04 PM

Ps - decent management and decent team, considering.

cleanyman
It wasn't just had lucky Hibs deserved to lose.

To be fair to Hearts they are just as bad but they went for it. They had more chances and looked more of a threat

Hibeesmad
Barker looked like the only player who could have created something today, shame we have nothing for him to provide too

OxoHibby

So what was the mentality?

Ell_Chrisso

Completely disagree. Void of ideas even when in decent positions with the ball. Embarrassing second half.

Stevie Reid
What attitude? Hearts probably edged if but we had the chances. Souttar should have been off, that's a red any day of the week (referee was poor).

Ironic that the officials spot a goal like that for them. Ball was actually bouncing away from goal but spun in. Bit of classic Hearts derby luck there.

lochhibs
we were ***** apart from mcgregor and hanlon. they always had a player in space looking for the ball. slivka was an empty jersey and barker should have started.

RossScott1991
21-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Thought we were awful second half, at no point looked like scoring once again. Hearts edged it and had the better chances and pushed for it a lot more than us. Powder puff second half. Ambrose had one of his worst games in a hibs shirt also.

OxoHibby

To be fair to Hearts they are just as bad but they went for it. They had more chances and looked more of a threat

Aye right

cleanyman
they didnt miss 5 sitters so no point making stuff up

Naismith. Conclaves. Berra.

Okay, three then. And a top top save from our goalie

HH81
21-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Worst thing is that hearts team is very average and we lost with a whimper. Very lame.

Charliemurdhibs
What attitude? Hearts probably edged if but we had the chances. Souttar should have been off, that's a red any day of the week (referee was poor).

Ironic that the officials spot a goal like that for them. Ball was actually bouncing away from goal but spun in. Bit of classic Hearts derby luck there.

To be fair it was a lot further over the line than ours

Firestarter

Hardly. We where ***** and had no clue how to change it.

cleanyman
So what was the mentality?

Overly defensive mindset with no real game plan in the final third

Will Hearts have an easier time down our wings this season ? That second half was terrible

SeanWilson
Hardly. We where ***** and had no clue how to change it.

Bollocks

Stevie Reid
21-01-2018, 04:07 PM
To be fair it was a lot further over the line than ours

True, a wee bit. Slower incident as well.

thebausburst

This 100%, we played for a draw, lot of very poor performances from us, the whole Stokes saga has cost us, nothing up front totally punchless apart from Boyle.

Nicho87
Negative tactics. Negative result. Not good enough Lennon.

Thecat23
21-01-2018, 04:08 PM

Hibs were never in it second half.

Firestarter
Bollocks

Second half was complete dire. No intention to change it. Tap tap hoof or pray a second ball landed our way. An unfit left midfielder and the rest never had a clue apart from our defence minus lewis who had a shocker too. Brutal performance today against a ducking **** Hearts side who wanted it more.

18Craig75
We were awful. Beaten before a ball was kicked. That was Hearts at their best and they only just had the better of us, which makes it more frustrating. Hate to say it but the team spirit which we had built up, and that had seen us through a few tough games, has well and truly gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gazzag70
We are useless upfront, no cutting edge. It needs sorted ASAP.

WeeRussell
21-01-2018, 04:09 PM

It wasn’t a red. Hearts were better and deserved to win. It was a clear goal for them (decision against us last time was a shocker but we can hardly expect things to be evened up today!)

Bad day. Suck it up and move on.

CathroMustStay
21-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Correct.

If Boyle scored and we ending up winning 1-0, there would be ZERO mention of team selection or tactics.

JK Rolling
21-01-2018, 04:10 PM

This, with bells on.

lord bunberry
21-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Completely disagree. Void of ideas even when in decent positions with the ball. Embarrassing second half.
Agreed. We were absolutely brutal in that second half. They could hardly pass the ball five yards to each other. We were out thought by Levein today. Shocking stuff.

GreenCastle
Naismith. Conclaves. Berra.

Okay, three then. And a top top save from our goalie

Boyle x 2 were our best efforts.

I think the attitude was ok..just the quality from middle to front wasn’t great.

I agree something didn’t seem right today - leadership ? Hanlon and MacGregor were trying - but the balance didn’t seem right.

I think the yams seeing Shaw start up top would have given them a lift.

We played better football but without much purpose - playing on that Tiny pitch it’s like a different sport and we just didn’t adjust.

matty_f
We were abysmal, the team were not set up right from the start imho and we never really got going.

I don't know what our attacking plan was - we never looked like we knew how we were going to score.

Some of the players looked like they'd been on the lash since Portugal, never mind when we were there.

OxoHibby
21-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Overly defensive mindset with no real game plan in the final third

Will Hearts have an easier time down our wings this season ? That second half was terrible

Overly defensive?. 1st half only one team tried to play football but again lacked in final 3rd. 2nd half they up it and we didn't match but overly defensive no way

Hibs4185
21-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Hearts are an embarassment of a club.

embarrassment of a stadium
embarrassment of a manager (antics at the end)
embarrassment of a support (secretarian songs)
embarrassment of a pitch-the grass is much longer than other grounds (anti football)
add in the embarrassment of admin and their delusions of grandeur, they’re a horrible club from top to bottom.

If Hibs had turned up today they should win games like this. Whether it’s Lennon’s tactics, signings or a bit of disharmony something just didn’t click today. I said to my mate the bench looked more exciting than the starting 11.

Yes we lost but I’d rather still be in our shoes.

A Hi-Bee
21-01-2018, 04:14 PM
It wasn’t a red. Hearts were better and deserved to win. It was a clear goal for them (decision against us last time was a shocker but we can hardly expect things to be evened up today!)

I just wonder what we move on too?
Guess a top six finish will be good enough!

Stevie Reid
21-01-2018, 04:15 PM

I just said it was ironic that they got that type of goal, not that we suffered an injustice. Souttar challenge is a red all day long though. No attempt to play the ball, a cynical and aggressive challenge only intention was to hurt Bartley.

dp00
21-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Could tell from 10mins in we were not in it ... hearts were the better team by far

Disco Dave
21-01-2018, 04:17 PM
What a load of *****, if we had seen the last 5 mins out everybody would have been delighted about grinding it out and getting the replay at ER. Game could have went either way today, I'd have liked to have seen Shaw come off for McLaren about 70 mins in because nothing was sticking up front but these are the small margins games are decided on. People blaming Lennon need to have a good look at themselves.

GreenCastle
Hearts are an embarassment of a club.

embarrassment of a stadium
embarrassment of a manager (antics at the end)
embarrassment of a support (secretarian songs)
embarrassment of a pitch-the grass is much longer than other grounds (anti football)
add in the embarrassment of admin and their delusions of grandeur, they’re a horrible club from top to bottom.

If Hibs had turned up today they should win games like this. Whether it’s Lennon’s tactics, signings or a bit of disharmony something just didn’t click today. I said to my mate the bench looked more exciting than the starting 11.

Yes we lost but I’d rather still be in our shoes.

Fully agreed.

Zero class but we knew that.

They aren’t good enough to win the cup and so it’s crucial we finish above them in the league and get back to winning ways next Home derby on a proper sized football pitch - seen better quality pitches at the Gyle.

Stevie Reid

Sober up man. No chance we could have been pumped, single goal victory probably what they deserved.

gazzag70
21-01-2018, 04:18 PM
It’s a pity the run against them had to end so tamely with no real effort or flair at all. We do not score enough goals and this is the problem that has to be addressed; easier said than done.

matty_f
21-01-2018, 04:18 PM
What a load of *****, if we had seen the last 5 mins out everybody would have been delighted about grinding it out and getting the replay at ER. Game could have went either way today, I'd have liked to have seen Shaw come off for McLaren about 70 mins in because nothing was sticking up front but these are the small margins games are decided on. People blaming Lennon need to have a good look at themselves.

I don't agree, a replay would have been great but it wouldn't have masked a bad performance.

LustForLeith
21-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Follows a similar pattern of this season where we’ve been making poor teams look half decent

lord bunberry
21-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Apart from Hanlon, the rest can go and **** themselves. We don’t have a right to win these games, but we can expect them to at least be competitive. That second half was a disgrace.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Apart from Hanlon, the rest can go and **** themselves. We don’t have a right to win these games, but we can expect them to at least be competitive. That second half was a disgrace.

Not a great performance but to say we weren't competitive is nonsense.

cleanyman
21-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Sober up man. No chance we could have been pumped, single goal victory probably what they deserved.

I don't drink so what's your excuse ?

Absolutely awful from Lennon and the team. Weak.

Mango Man
Not much in it, but for that 2nd half, then Hearts deserved it, they did play like they needed/wanted it a wee bit more than us.

Let's get concentrating on this league then, still all to play for.

Mikey_1875
If weve brought in Maclaren a striker on loan im not sure and concerned how he doesnt get a chance at any point today considering how poor our attacking threat was.

Unfair on Shaw to be leading the line on his own from the start as well IMO although i dont think he disgraced himself in any way.

Centre Hawf
21-01-2018, 04:24 PM
How anyone can say we weren't piss poor and deserved to lose that game a joke and is kidding themselves on. Very few out there today did themselves any credit. Needs to improve asap.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 04:25 PM

Void of ideas even when in decent positions with the ball. Embarrassing second half.

Worst thing is that hearts team is very average and we lost with a whimper. Very lame.

We were awful. Beaten before a ball was kicked. That was Hearts at their best and they only just had the better of us, which makes it more frustrating. Hate to say it but the team spirit which we had built up, and that had seen us through a few tough games, has well and truly gone.

Not a great performance but to say we weren't competitive is nonsense.

Sort of agree with all of above

Nicho87
Today was a cathro type performance that lot produced against us a couple of years ago. Tippy tappy nonsense.

cleanyman
How anyone can say we weren't piss poor and deserved to lose that game a joke and is kidding themselves on. Very few out there today did themselves any credit. Needs to improve asap.

This.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2018, 04:26 PM
A truly dire performance, yes - we nearly got away with it, but nowhere near good enough.

Weir07
21-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Thought we were awful second half, at no point looked like scoring once again. Hearts edged it and had the better chances and pushed for it a lot more than us. Powder puff second half. Ambrose had one of his worst games in a hibs shirt also.

Pretty much a spot on assessment, what frustrates me is the number of players in the box when a cross comes in, two or three times Boyle put in a cross in the first half and only Shaw was in the box. Also, I've absolutely no idea what anyone sees in Slivka, clearly not suited to the Scottish game.

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-01-2018, 04:36 PM
For me hearts wanted it more. They played better football, won their battles and looked like they'd create chances going forward. First half was poor but acceptable. That 2nd half performance was horrible though

We created one or 2 chances and Boyle should have scored but other than that we were disappointing. I've said it a number of times but we let a 16 year old run the midfield today. Bartley wasn't his usual commanding self and Mcginn was shocking.

The result I can accept. It happens and we've had a great run against them. The manner in which it came about doesn't sit well.

Lennon must to something big over the next 10 days otherwise we'll have a fight on our hands never mind competing for Europe.

Dinkydoo
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM
To be fair it was a lot further over the line than oursNo it wasn't, ya hearts ****. Reported

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
21-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Lennon must to something big over the next 10 days otherwise we'll have a fight on our hands never mind competing for Europe.

:confused: Do you mean we'll have a fight on our hands to stay in the top league?

Onion
21-01-2018, 04:49 PM

Agreed. Our CBs were outstanding, Effe saw too much of the ball, our midfield (apart from Bartley) was AWOL for long spells. Has SJM played a worse game for Hibs ? In the end , they needed it more than us.

Onion
21-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Winter break has been a disaster. Far from rejuvenating the team and getting over injuries, we lost Gray and Stokes - both unlikely to play again this season. No more jollies abroad.

CMac1988
21-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Agreed. Our CBs were outstanding, Effe saw too much of the ball, our midfield (apart from Bartley) was AWOL for long spells. Has SJM played a worse game for Hibs ? In the end , they needed it more than us.

Just standard fare for McGinn recently. Still no idea why he's on set pieces either. Floated balls aren't beating anyone.

Brightside
21-01-2018, 04:55 PM
All Lennons fault today. Negative line up against a poor football team. Multiple players playing out of position. Very very poor and no excuses. They are rubbish we played to their level.

Phil MaGlass
21-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Winter break has been a disaster. Far from rejuvenating the team and getting over injuries, we lost Gray and Stokes - both unlikely to play again this season. No more jollies abroad.

Have to agree with you on the jollies abroad, the Dutch done a study into breaks abroad and found that they are more detrimental to a players health as they are constantly having to climatise and players are more prone to injury, add into that ******** players that mess about and the disruption it causes, well draw yir own conclusions, just thought I´d add that last wee bit.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 05:00 PM
All Lennons fault today. Negative line up against a poor football team. Multiple players playing out of position. Very very poor and no excuses. They are rubbish we played to their level.

in what way was it a negative line up?

Brightside
21-01-2018, 05:01 PM
in what way was it a negative line up?

442 diamond. No width. No out ball. It was rubbish.

B.H.F.C
21-01-2018, 05:03 PM

That shape isn't negative. We've played some very good stuff with it over the last few years. Lack of quality attacking wise is the issue.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 05:05 PM

we had boyle our wide to start with so the width was there on the right hand side, i personally wouldnt have started shaw as i think he too inexperienced for these games. The team just didnt turn up for some reason today

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Not sure how anyone can disagree with this.

We were poor last time at Tynecastle and yet Lennon used the same set up. The park maybe smaller but it's not that different, why not play Boyle wide? Again we tried to force everything through the middle which plays into Hearts hands.

We went there thinking a draw would do us. Slivka seemed to have no idea what his role was.

Pathetic

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 05:08 PM
That shape isn't negative. We've played some very good stuff with it over the last few years. Lack of quality attacking wise is the issue.

Not under Lennon. If you only field 2 attacking players then you're limiting your chance of scoring - it's not rocket science.

With this formation you need attacking full backs. Ambrose and Stevenson were never interested in getting forward. Both terrible

Brightside
21-01-2018, 05:13 PM
we had boyle our wide to start with so the width was there on the right hand side, i personally wouldnt have started shaw as i think he too inexperienced for these games. The team just didnt turn up for some reason today

Boyle played up top with shaw. There was no wide out ball. It was so poor.

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Boyle played up top with shaw. There was no wide out ball. It was so poor.

he picked the ball up a few times out wide, if he was supposed to be playing up front from the start then he was well out of position as he was playing where he normally plays

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 05:16 PM
he picked the ball up a few times out wide, if he was supposed to be playing up front from the start then he was well out of position as he was playing where he normally plays

I don't know what game you were watching. Boyle has been up front in the last 2 derbies.

When we finally moved him wide in the last 15 mins, we looked far more balanced

Allant1981
21-01-2018, 05:20 PM
I don't know what game you were watching. Boyle has been up front in the last 2 derbies.

When we finally moved him wide in the last 15 mins, we looked far more balanced

boyle picked the ball up a few times out wide, he seemed to be floating about more than sticking to one position, what has the last 2 derbies got to do with anything?

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 05:24 PM
boyle picked the ball up a few times out wide, he seemed to be floating about more than sticking to one position, what has the last 2 derbies got to do with anything?

He played there last time. Playing him there again today was madness.

Lennon basically put Slivka in for Stokes and thought that was going to be a winning team - hard to fathom.

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-01-2018, 05:51 PM
:confused: Do you mean we'll have a fight on our hands to stay in the top league?

Apologies, missed out "for the top 6"

hhibs
21-01-2018, 05:58 PM
We were abysmal, the team were not set up right from the start imho and we never really got going.

I don't know what our attacking plan was - we never looked like we knew how we were going to score.

Some of the players looked like they'd been on the lash since Portugal, never mind when we were there.

Yep,that is how I saw it.............................awful.

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2018, 08:23 PM
**** me !!!

The way some folk are going on you would think we had been pumped 5 - 0. The truth is it was a game where we were the better team for most of the first half and they were the better team for most of the second. We made some decent chances and they ( the home team ) made a couple more. It was always going to be won by a single goal and they got it, with a large slice of fortune getting it over the line.

A few of our players were off it there's no denying and questions over why we have a centre back at right back and why we didn't at least give our new striker a go for 20 minutes are valid. As a team we didn't put very many decent moves together and that was poor.

But some of the stick being handed out is miles over the top. Ambrose wasn't brilliant, but he was trying and got himself on the ball more than practically any other Hibs player. Another guy on this thread saying Hanlon gets pass marks and nobody else when McGregor never lost a challenge all afternoon and time and again was in the right place in the box to clear or break up dangerous situations.

It was disappointing to lose. We can and have played far better. The Portugal incident didn't help our build up and the players involved need to accept responsibility. But FFS lets work on fixing this and moving forward instead of absolutely hammering the team who by and large have to a man played more decent games than bad ones this season.

tamig
21-01-2018, 08:29 PM
For the first time in a long time today the crowd were flat there. I just think everybody sensed it wasn’t cut out to be our day.

SideBurns
21-01-2018, 08:46 PM
The much maligned Pat Fenlon was the last manager to achieve victory at Tynie Back in 2013, so whatever else you thought about him he still has that honour. I never fancy our chancies in Gorgie as our record there is murder polis and so wisnae shocked by today's result.

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 08:49 PM
The much maligned Pat Fenlon was the last manager to achieve victory at Tynie Back in 2013, so whatever else you thought about him he still has that honour. I never fancy our chancies in Gorgie as our record there is murder polis and so wisnae shocked by today's result.

He was lucky to have Griffiths, simple as that

SideBurns
21-01-2018, 09:01 PM
He was lucky to have Griffiths, simple as that

I'm no trying to start another Fenlon debate, but he signed Sparky so no sure how he was "lucky" to have him? His contribution was massive that day but so was that of Forster, Harris and Caldwell with his brilliant winner. My point is - our record at Tynie is brutal.

Tyler Durden
21-01-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm no trying to start another Fenlon debate, but he signed Sparky so no sure how he was "lucky" to have him? His contribution was massive that day but so was that of Forster, Harris and Caldwell with his brilliant winner. My point is - our record at Tynie is brutal.

Calderwood signed him. But I agree, not the time for a Fenlon debate!

And yes, our record is abysmal. I've seen 4 wins in 25 years of going there

truehibernian
21-01-2018, 09:22 PM
**** me !!!

The way some folk are going on you would think we had been pumped 5 - 0. The truth is it was a game where we were the better team for most of the first half and they were the better team for most of the second. We made some decent chances and they ( the home team ) made a couple more. It was always going to be won by a single goal and they got it, with a large slice of fortune getting it over the line.

A few of our players were off it there's no denying and questions over why we have a centre back at right back and why we didn't at least give our new striker a go for 20 minutes are valid. As a team we didn't put very many decent moves together and that was poor.

But some of the stick being handed out is miles over the top. Ambrose wasn't brilliant, but he was trying and got himself on the ball more than practically any other Hibs player. Another guy on this thread saying Hanlon gets pass marks and nobody else when McGregor never lost a challenge all afternoon and time and again was in the right place in the box to clear or break up dangerous situations.

It was disappointing to lose. We can and have played far better. The Portugal incident didn't help our build up and the players involved need to accept responsibility. But FFS lets work on fixing this and moving forward instead of absolutely hammering the team who by and large have to a man played more decent games than bad ones this season.

Sad thing is NN, that when three or more players take the you know what on a training camp, in this era and social media environment, you court trouble and negative press. Something the club and fans could have done without - it's the only derby we have gone into recently under this kind of 'cloud' and it showed today, from the manager's pre-match interview and the general performance of the players.

Some real man management needs done this next week and some big decisions. Stokes out is a cert - I'm betwix and between Boyle too if honest. How many chances do you give an employee ?

500miles
21-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Bit too much reading into stuff behind the scenes. We isolated Shaw up front, made it too easy to press us high. We should've had Murray up with Oli and exploited that space that was left. When Barker came on, we found miles of space, and had a lot more of the ball in their half.

Lennon got it wrong by anticipating a scrap. To be fair, I can see why he looked at it that way, because so did everyone else I spoke to beforehand. We went for a physical approach that didn't play to our strengths.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2018, 10:28 PM
For the first time in a long time today the crowd were flat there. I just think everybody sensed it wasn’t cut out to be our day.

I thought that too. It was quite strange today, I felt our fans were quite subdued for most of the match.

Stuart93
21-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Went into the winter break pretty positive, decent squad, 2 or 3 players to improve on it & someone who could stick the ball away...now I feel like any belief and confidence has been ripped out of me, IN 3 WEEKS! Supporting hibs eh 🙄

The Pointer
21-01-2018, 10:46 PM
The subdued nature of the fans came over on TV despite the odd loud outbursts, but that was about it. There was a definite cloud hanging over us today.

Straight from the kick-off they were definitely up for it more than us while we were the ones playing hoofball which seemed quite alien.

gillythehibby
21-01-2018, 11:02 PM

Terrible over deaction more like. A wee touch of reality wouldny go a miss.

MacGruber
22-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Terrible over deaction more like. A wee touch of reality wouldny go a miss.

Think it's spot on myself. Opinions. Trips abroad have been out and out disasters

basehibby
22-01-2018, 08:02 AM

This is the football fan equivalent of anaphylactic shock - ie complete overreaction

(mind you - agree about the trips abroad - send them to North Berwick next year)

Ryan69
22-01-2018, 08:15 AM
The whole team didn’t look right today, apart from perhaps Mcgregor and Hanlon who i thought did well for the most part. Something doesn’t seem right. Is the stokes thing causing a bigger problem? Can things like that shake a changing room? Or where they simply just not there today

I didnt fancy us to win at all today.

With the Stokes situation,and all the players being linked with leaving....Taking Hearts on a bet would of been printing money really.

Plus the fact that playing on a potato field...was never going to suit us either.

TheHarpy76
22-01-2018, 08:37 AM
I lost confidence as soon as I saw our lineup. We gave them far to much respect imo, leaving most of our attacking options on the bench against a team that had only conceded 1 goal in 8 games suggested to me that we were happy to get a replay back at Easter Road.
It was almost back to our old derby day mentality.

Very disappointed with that.

flash
22-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Except of course Boyle almost scored about a minute before they did.

SideBurns
22-01-2018, 09:00 AM
There's is always an knee jerk reaction to a derby defeat, but in reality we hardly ever play well at Tynie, and rarely win even when we do. I couldn't understand the posters predicting an easy victory before the gemme; as I pointed out on another thread last week, we didn't win any of the away derbies during our unbeaten run (notwithstanding Ollie's goal at New Year, but even then it was early enough in the match that Hearts might have equalised). In my near 47 years on the planet we have only hammered them at their place twice.

The next derby is at ER and Levein's arrogance will hopefully come back to haunt him - this "natural order of things" crap is typical of a man who defines himself by derby results as none of the teams he has been involved in have won a thing, and indeed he brought shame on his country with his 4-6-0 that, he claimed after the match, every team would end up using in the future. Aye, you're a fitba visionary Craig. Erse of a man.

WeeRussell
22-01-2018, 12:23 PM
I just said it was ironic that they got that type of goal, not that we suffered an injustice. Souttar challenge is a red all day long though. No attempt to play the ball, a cynical and aggressive challenge only intention was to hurt Bartley.

Fair enough mate, I guess you're right re the ironic thing (and Lennon said as much himself). Agree to disagree on the Souttar card colour :aok: