PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs Club

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Open to non-members today?

franks
21-01-2018, 11:18 AM
If your with a member they can sign you in.

fat freddy
21-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Can you sign friends in before games these days? I've got 3 mates coming over from the Norway for the Aberdeen game and they want to visit the Hibs Club. Will I be able to get them in?

HibbyKeith
21-01-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm sure "the Invisible man" will be along with some news. he's usually on here to confirm any hibs club info.

I know the kitchen is open in there today though, Hot rolls etc available to purchase before and during the game.

Hibbyradge
21-01-2018, 11:33 AM
I'm sure "the Invisible man" will be along with some news. he's usually on here to confirm any hibs club info.

I know the kitchen is open in there today though, Hot rolls etc available to purchase before and during the game.

"The kitchen" :faf:

That description has made me laugh for 40+ years. :greengrin

franks
21-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Can you sign friends in before games these days? I've got 3 mates coming over from the Norway for the Aberdeen game and they want to visit the Hibs Club. Will I be able to get them in?

Members only on (home) match days at the moment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2018, 11:41 AM
If your with a member they can sign you in.

Aye, I know. Can non-members chuck a pound in the box and wander in?

HibbyKeith
21-01-2018, 11:42 AM

haha awrite!

"The wee windae wi wummin the gie ye scran" better? :greengrin

Forza Fred
21-01-2018, 11:43 AM

I would suggest that coming from Norway, a degree of discretion with ‘the rules’ may be appropriate?

Hibbyradge
21-01-2018, 11:44 AM
haha awrite!

"The wee windae wi wummin the gie ye scran" better? :greengrin

Better! :thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
21-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Better! :thumbsup:

:aok:

franks
21-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Aye, I know. Can non-members chuck a pound in the box and wander in?

No. Member is responsible for non members behaviour

franks
21-01-2018, 11:49 AM
I would suggest that coming from Norway, a degree of discretion with ‘the rules’ may be appropriate?

I would agree but not my call as member only.

fat freddy
21-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Is there no special dispensation or relaxation of the rules for those making huge effort to support the club from afar? Flying in from Norway for a league match is surely worthy of enjoying a pint in the main bar. Two of them have never been in the Hibs club before and I was hoping to show it off to them.

invisible man
21-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Non members can be signed in by a member today.

FranckSuzy
21-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Open to non-members today?

It is, if they are signed in by a member :agree: £1 in the box :thumbsup:

Every week there is a list for up to 50 non-members to be signed in so you can put their names down the week leading up to the game. It was started as the membership is full at present and with BTG shutting, they have to control the numbers allowed entry for fire/licensing regs :aok:

fat freddy
21-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Every week there is a list for up to 50 non-members to be signed in so you can put their names down the week leading up to the game. It was started as the membership is full at present and with BTG shutting, they have to control the numbers allowed entry for fire/licensing regs :aok:

Brilliant, thanks for that Suzy

Clerie Green
21-01-2018, 11:58 AM

The wee cupboard that makes your clothes reek !
Been awarded 5 Mitchellin Tyres !!! :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
21-01-2018, 12:07 PM
The wee cupboard that makes your clothes reek !
Been awarded 5 Mitchellin Tyres !!! :rolleyes:

Very good! :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2018, 12:08 PM

OK, Cheers Suzy.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2018, 12:10 PM

Never understood how the club is full to members, but we can sign 50 guests in....Strange

FranckSuzy
21-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Never understood how the club is full to members, but we can sign 50 guests in....Strange

What if all the 2500 members (IIRC) tried to get in at once though? :greengrin Seriously though, as you and I both know, not all (or even that many) of the members use the club :wink:

iwasthere1972
21-01-2018, 12:34 PM
The last time I was in there Tony Orlando was number one with Tie a Yellow Ribbon. It was on a loop on the jukebox.

Forza Fred
21-01-2018, 12:43 PM
The last time I was in there Tony Orlando was number one with Tie a Yellow Ribbon. It was on a loop on the jukebox.

Never had a jukebox then.......but remember Davie Rafferty dining it on stage when reeking at the club😂

iwasthere1972
21-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Never had a jukebox then.......but remember Davie Rafferty dining it on stage when reeking at the club😂

No jukebox? It was on all the time.

LustForLeith
21-01-2018, 03:48 PM
I’ve got a membership for the Hibs Club and I like it but it amuses me when they say non members are welcome and then don’t let anyone in!

They even knocked back Kevin Thompson last season until someone realised who he was!

I’ve also seen folk from overseas taking in the game looking for a pre match drink and they can’t get in. Would love to see some sort of system where football fans from outside of Scotland could liase with Hibs supporters clubs to get them entry into places like the Hibs Club and make them feel welcome.