PDA

View Full Version : Rudest footballer you have ever met

SChibs
20-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Along the lines of the other thread with a similar title. To be honest I've not came across any rude footballers but 2 of my mates bumped into Lionel Messi in New York and he wasn't too friendly.

SRHibs
20-01-2018, 01:24 PM
My brother literally got barged into by Yogi walking past the Persevere and he wasn’t too nice about it.

Craig_HFC
20-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Craig Thomson of Hearts & the sex offenders register fame.

Met him on a night out (before all the sex offender stuff) and he was a total ****er.

My_Wife_Camille
20-01-2018, 01:26 PM
John Baird. Just as much of a wee fanny off the pitch as he is on it

snooky
20-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Along the lines of the other thread with a similar title. To be honest I've not came across any rude footballers but 2 of my mates bumped into Lionel Messi in New York and he wasn't too friendly.

A bit Argy bargy, I suppose? :greengrin

DelcyRodriguez
20-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Norman Whiteside at Edinburgh airport.

Tornadoes70
20-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Steven Craigan caught my eye when he was pitchside pundit not that far from me in the West Stand prior to the teams coming out for the start of a game. Tried to stare me out with a hardman glare but I can glare back too and he flinched before I did.

Hun loving clown that he is. Can't stand him.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here we go ten in a row.

Mr Grieves
20-01-2018, 01:35 PM
My brother literally got barged into by Yogi walking past the Persevere and he wasn’t too nice about it.

Yogi used to take my football training around 20 years ago. He was occasionally a bit grumpy or a bit radge but generally a good guy

BegbieHSC
20-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Dougie Imrie.

Saw him in a pub/club in Wishae, and my pal who's an Accies fan went up to him, and made a wee joke about how he'll probably be the only Accies fan he'll meet all night in there (Obviously down to Wishae being full of huns.)

Imrie responded by telling him to **** off, or he'd stick the heid in him.

Needless to say, my pal isn't his biggest fan at Accies.

WoreTheGreen
20-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Dougie Imrie.

Saw him in a pub/club in Wishae, and my pal who's an Accies fan went up to him, and made a wee joke about how he'll probably be the only Accies fan he'll meet all night in there (Obviously down to Wishae being full of huns.)

A stange WEE man

DH1875
20-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Might be staiting the obvious but I met Kyle Lafferty when he played for Rangers and he was a total dick.

DelcyRodriguez
20-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Dougie Imrie.

Is it just me, or is he a bit of a strange looking chap?

His head seems out of proportion with his small body.

BegbieHSC
20-01-2018, 01:53 PM

Absolutely. Massive hun too, so with all the years of inbreeding which goes in to those 'staunch' families, not entirely surprising.

Hibrandenburg
20-01-2018, 01:53 PM
A bit Argy bargy, I suppose? :greengrin

:greengrin

Eaststand
20-01-2018, 01:54 PM

Rude van Nistelroy

:-) sorry, i couldn't resist it

GGTTH

leithsansiro
20-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Craig Thomson of Hearts & the sex offenders register fame.

Met him on a night out (before all the sex offender stuff) and he was a total ****er.

I'd have to actually disagree with you there. I'd met him a few times through knowing his parents and he always came across as a decent person and quite quiet. Clearly, in hindsight, not all that good a guy though

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Met Craig Levein at Hampden when he was Scotland manager, wasn't suprised that he wasn't particularly civil.

DH1875
20-01-2018, 02:09 PM
This one depends on how you look at it. We were at Glasgow airport and the Fenerbahce team were there. People where getting photos and autographs and the usual stuff, I even got photos with Nani and RVP. There was a wee guy there probably about 14 or 15 and he buzzing about everywhere and you could see he was having a great time meating all these players and getting photos taken with them, that was until he went up to RVP who promptly told him to f uck off and didn't do the photo. Bear in mind he'd let others have a photo, including me and then let another couple of folks get one. The wee guy was devastated and nearly in tears and you could see he was gutted. Now when your reading this your probably thinking RVP was a right barsteward but if I tell you his reason for no photo you might think different. The reason (I think and from what I could tell) was because the wee guy had a hearts top on. Now I admit I found it funny at the time but upon reflection I think he was pretty much out of order and I'd have been raging if it had been my son.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Sounds fair enough to me.

dalkeith stu
20-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Darren Dods, when he was breaking into the 1st team gave it the "do you know who I am" at my work while he was on a night out with his family. Fa**y!!!

tamig
20-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Designed for putting the heid on folk hence the challenge. What a dick he sounds.

tamig
20-01-2018, 02:40 PM
This one depends on how you look at it. We were at Glasgow airport and the Fenerbahce team were there. People where getting photos and autographs and the usual stuff, I even got photos with Nani and RVP. There was a wee guy there probably about 14 or 15 and he buzzing about everywhere and you could see he was having a great time meating all these players and getting photos taken with them, that was until he went up to RVP who promptly told him to f uck off and didn't do the photo. Bear in mind he'd let others have a photo, including me and then let another couple of folks get one. The wee guy was devastated and nearly in tears and you could see he was gutted. Now when your reading this your probably thinking RVP was a right barsteward but if I tell you his reason for no photo you might think different. The reason (I think and from what I could tell) was because the wee guy had a hearts top on. Now I admit I found it funny at the time but upon reflection I think he was pretty much out of order and I'd have been raging if it had been my son.
I’ve seen RvP a few times when he was at Arsenal and he always came across as a genuinely nice guy. It was clearly the hertz rag that did it.

OsloHibs
20-01-2018, 03:02 PM

Quite right, you should have watched where you were going.. Those wee granny's fi Leith would give you alot worse!!!😂😂 My worst was Martin Boyle and Fraser Fyvie was a d*ck too.

Firestarter
20-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Paul Hartley when at Hibs. ****er.

scotiaf
20-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Steven fletcher, meet him in Glasgow with my bird. On the best side my Jambo brother( I know ) met Paul Hartley an called him fat (not long after he retired ) almost a melee in the pub. It was genius

Stantons Angel
20-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Well mine just happened to be a then Hearts player! Henry Smith!!

Big galoot came along with Gary Mackay and John Robertson to take part in a penalty kick competition for charity.

They all took turns in goals and all the kids and watching adults were enjoying the laughs.

Thats until Henry was between the sticks...... as each we lad took his kick Smith saved them all. The youngsters were upset at not standing a chance with self proclaimed

big head in goal.

One of the parents shouted "come on Henry gie the laddies a chance here its for Charity" to which he replied quite sternly " im not paid to let them in, i keep them out"

Well, i thought the parents and friends were going to lynch him!

Mackay came to his rescue and apologised to me for his behaviour and offered him and Robbo to take penalties against him and give £5 for everyone they scored.

Did they not belt that ball at him and our charity got a bit of extra money to boot! Horrible man!!!

AK86
20-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Asked jock stein for his autograph when I was about 12, outside ER after u21 game. He just barged passed me almost putting me on my erse. Not a nice guy .

Met wee fat Robbo in the Chesser one night and must admit he was absoloute class. Chatted away for ages about all things football, he was with Tosh McKinley who on the other hand was a big headed clown who really thought he was something else , and was just rude . My mate ( a jambo) was close to lamping him one , but Robbo talked him calm.

nellio
20-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Ryan Giggs. Was 1994 he just broke into the man u team. Refused me an autograph, I was only 12. Gutted and never forgot it.

He was actually with Dennis Irwin who I completely ignored.

Famous Fiver
20-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Gary 'Medals' Mackay by a country mile.

No stories, no pack drill.

Peevemor
20-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Scott Nisbet with Kano a close second.

R'Albin
20-01-2018, 05:38 PM
My Dad and I were in a pub in Aberdeen and he approached Fraser Fyvie to shake his hand and said something along the lines of 'cheers for winning us the cup'. Fyvie just stared and didn't say anything.

I don't like approaching footballers as I feel it would get irritating - but he came across as a total dick. Others that have encountered him have said similar.

BlackSheep
20-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Peter Schmeichel.... asked for his autograph on a flight to Barbados, yes I understand he has a right to relax etc, but I was a kid and he was my favourite player (I played in goal at the time).

When we arrived at our hotel and discovered he and his family were also staying there too, my mum insisted on asking for me and he was more than happy to sign an autograph for her!!

SirDavidsNapper
20-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Not a current player but ex Sheep Willie Miller. Ignorant twat whilst on the Edinburgh to Aberdeen train a few years back after a game.

Northernhibee
20-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Craig Levein, Neil McCann and Mitch Megginson were all total belters.

Bumped into Fraser Fyvie when he was at Aberdeen and he was a bit of a prick too, but he seems to have matured.

Didn't meet him myself but someone I know was in the same restaurant as David Goodwillie before he moved to Blackburn. He says he was a total prick to the waiters and waitresses and I think he even said he pulled off something of a "Don't you know who I am" style line.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2018, 05:46 PM
David Fernandez ex of Celtic and Livingston.

Big headed ersehole of a man.

Firestarter
20-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Who was the other boy at Livi similar to Fernandez, best pals with Pack Luna, class chap.

Zazu62
20-01-2018, 05:51 PM
My Dad and I were in a pub in Aberdeen and he approached Fraser Fyvie to shake his hand and said something along the lines of 'cheers for winning us the cup'. Fyvie just stared and didn't say anything.

I don't like approaching footballers as I feel it would get irritating - but he came across as a total dick. Others that have encountered him have said similar.

Why would he do that? Maybe pissed off with Hibs, left on bad terms?

IlDiavola
20-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Was that the Spanish boy with the perm?

Northernhibee
20-01-2018, 05:53 PM

He does have a bit of a reputation up in Aberdeen.

Smartie
20-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Who was the other boy at Livi similar to Fernandez, best pals with Pack Luna, class chap.

Oscar Rubio was there around that time - he was a good lad.

lord bunberry
20-01-2018, 05:58 PM
I once bumped into Steven Tweed in Glasgow. I was on my way to Ayr races, he just said hello and was perfectly pleasant, but I didn’t back one winner all day. As far as I’m concerned it was his fault.

silverhibee
20-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Scott Nisbet with Kano a close second.

I grew up with Scott when young lads and he was at Rangers at a young age, I liked him but can understand why folk wouldn't, the way he spoke to folk wasn't nice but that's how he was with everyone, seen him get knocked out last year for his attitude towards some dude in the pub.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2018, 06:01 PM

Oscar Rubio? He was a good lad as waa Marvin Andrews.

overdrive
20-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Hibs related - Garry O’Connor used to come into my old work and he was a complete bell end (Riordan on the other hand was pretty sound).

Non-Hibs - Derek Lyle of QotS. A wannabe hun gangster.

Firestarter
20-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Oscar Rubio was there around that time - he was a good lad.

Wasn't him. Was a midfielder who was class too, I'll search him.

Firestarter
20-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Oscar Rubio? He was a good lad as waa Marvin Andrews.

Sure his name was David Xuasia or something. Really can't remember but best pals with Paco who loved the Hibs and especially Mcleish.

McD
20-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Not a footballer but a rugby player for me, cammy Glasgow, who at the time had not long been capped for Scotland. I was on the receiving end of him cheating during a charity touch rugby game, which really shattered my teenage thoughts about top level sportsmen. He compounded it by lying to the ref when I called him on it. Dick.

My brother had a run in with Phil stamp when he was at Hearts.

Flip side, Ive met John Robertson who was a very amiable chap, my old man says Shades was a class act on the many occasions he met him.

silverhibee
20-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Sure his name was David Xuasia or something. Really can't remember but best pals with Paco who loved the Hibs and especially Mcleish.

Hernandez

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Diouff Rangers, arrogant and rude prick when the team used to stay at the Caley.

Wee Effen Bee
20-01-2018, 07:51 PM

My partner’s friend (a 60 y.o. teacher who doesn’t follow fitba, was at the airport lounge standing beside the Dutch international team: one of them went out his way to sign autographs and pose for selfies etc. He even spent a while speaken with her - she said he was handsome, intellectual and very friendly. It turned out to be Robin V. Persie.

MSK
20-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Cummings, meant to be at our sponsors table after cup final, never came near our table, Insall on the other hand was different class 👍

Hibs Class
20-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Clive Clark. Played for West Brom in the 1960s and I met him at Butlins in the late 1970s when he was there to coach the 9-13 year olds for the week ahead of a 5s tournament on the last day of the holiday. Spent the week encouraging the bigger boys (14-18) to give us a kicking as "it'll build character" and then on the night before the tournament he told us to go out for a smoke, get pissed and get laid because it always worked for him!

Crab apple
20-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Kenny Dalglish. The only member of a fine liverpool team in 1978 to refuse a wee scots lad an autograph and was rude with it. By contrast Souness and Hansen were great.

R'Albin
20-01-2018, 08:16 PM

It was while he was still with us which made it even more bizarre.

Bostonhibby
20-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Norman Whiteside at Edinburgh airport.Seen him a wee bit relaxed at Belfast international airport years ago. Really good player but fitted right into the culture that seemed to be around the man u team at that time. Or maybe just a bit nervous about flying?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
20-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Met Craig Levein at Hampden when he was Scotland manager, wasn't suprised that he wasn't particularly civil.To be fair he was maybe in a rush to get to the cludgie?

Diclonius
20-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Can't contribute as my experience with football players totals three:

1. Yogi turning up unexpectedly during a stadium tour and showing us round the dressing room. (friendly)

2. The Dundee Utd chairman catching Yogi doing a walk round the Tannadice pitch and getting a photo of me with him. He was quieter that day but not especially rude.

3. The most recent one (and possibly my favourite) was after the 1-0 Scottish Cup game v Hearts two seasons ago. I was in the West and passed McGeouch and Harris as I was exiting the stand via the executive seats.

"All right," I said to them, rather awkwardly.

"All right," they replied back, rather awkwardly.

It was glorious.

Bostonhibby
20-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Was at a wedding reception in Markinch (yes I know) decades ago when the hotel was invaded by Dunc the punk ferguson and Co. The main gatecrasher was him and one other very loud guy who was emptied by the groom but the cops had to sort the rest out. Memorable night out but big numpty fish in a tiny pond.

Hibee87
20-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Billy Dodds was a grumpy barsteward when i met him.

To be fair it was at hamilton racecourse and i was about 7 or 8 and was told to flick his ear from behind and say alright lugs.....i was a only following my old mans orders 😂

lumbo_hfc
20-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Wasn't him. Was a midfielder who was class too, I'll search him.

Quino?

heretoday
20-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Walter Kidd.

Kojock
20-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Jim Duffy was rather rude to me when he was manager of Dundee, we were walking down towards Tannadice when he passed and I said, "Alright slapheid" and he said, "F*** off big nose" 😂

Bostonhibby
20-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Walter Kidd.Aye but he had a lot to be grumpy about. All that effort for what?

CMurdoch
20-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Quino?

v

Billychaotic182
20-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Derek Riordan Ignored me as a kid after a cup game against Alloa, waited outside and got every player to sign my program (including Bobby Williamson) but Derek walked right past me. Garry stood and spoke to me for a bit which was fantastic. Aye but Deek proper rubbered me. Still loved him mind you. Was just a bit gutted.

andybev1
20-01-2018, 09:01 PM
I met Yogi in the chinese beside the Tor years back, I was bevvied walking out when he walked in, I asked for his autograph for my two nieces - I got pen and paper from the guy behind the counter, Yogi was sound and did as I asked. Just how you catch them I suppose.

StevieCowan
20-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Ricardo Vaz Te

Firestarter
20-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Quino?

That's the chap. 👍 Great guy as was paco.

dp00
20-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Jason Cummings for me. Acting the billy big baws after the cup win while the rest of players were sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdrive
20-01-2018, 09:22 PM
I met Yogi in the chinese beside the Tor years back, I was bevvied walking out when he walked in, I asked for his autograph for my two nieces - I got pen and paper from the guy behind the counter, Yogi was sound and did as I asked. Just how you catch them I suppose.

He used to live round the corner from me when I was wee. He was at Celtic at the time. We used to give him abuse when going down the Links to play football but from what I could remember he was sound. He then moved into the house outside the bus stop on Restalrig Road next to Ryehill and I used to use that bus stop to get to uni. I used to cringe when he was out on a frosty morning with a freshly boiled kettle which he would then proceed to pour over his car windows (his car complete with Yogi related licence plate).

Babyshamble
20-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Andy Goram.total ****er

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Kenny Dalglish. The only member of a fine liverpool team in 1978 to refuse a wee scots lad an autograph and was rude with it. By contrast Souness and Hansen were great.

Just goes to show how one example doesn't potray the real person. Kenny has more than demonstrated what a fantastic, compassionate and understanding man he really is.

Callum_62
20-01-2018, 09:43 PM
He used to live round the corner from me when I was wee. He was at Celtic at the time. We used to give him abuse when going down the Links to play football but from what I could remember he was sound. He then moved into the house outside the bus stop on Restalrig Road next to Ryehill and I used to use that bus stop to get to uni. I used to cringe when he was out on a frosty morning with a freshly boiled kettle which he would then proceed to pour over his car windows (his car complete with Yogi related licence plate).

when I was at Hibs (1st division season) - Yogi used to come into ER is the an absolute bomb of a car

Might've been a wee white ancient Fiesta

Hot water wouldve done it no harm I reckon :greengrin

andybev1
20-01-2018, 09:47 PM

Is ryehill were the new (or newer) houses are built between restalrig rd and lochend road? I was told a blue car with hibs number plates, at the lochend side of that housing estate, was also his - we are talking 15 yrs ago now.

EDIT: I think you are talking about ryehill terr after checking a map?

TheHarpy76
20-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Bumped into Kevin Thomas in a pub years ago. He hadn’t long broke into the Hearts first team and was given it the big I am.

Even my Jambo mate thought he was a pr!ck. By all accounts he didn’t get any better with age.

overdrive
20-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Is ryehill were the new (or newer) houses are built between restalrig rd and lochend road? I was told a blue car with hibs number plates, at the lochend side of that housing estate, was also his - we are talking 15 yrs ago now.

EDIT: I think you are talking about ryehill terr after checking a map?

Yeah, not that far from the Chinese/Tor previously mentioned.

overdrive
20-01-2018, 10:01 PM
when I was at Hibs (1st division season) - Yogi used to come into ER is the an absolute bomb of a car

Might've been a wee white ancient Fiesta

Hot water wouldve done it no harm I reckon :greengrin

It must have been a second car. He’s always had a Beamer from what I can remember.

Crab apple
20-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Just goes to show how one example doesn't potray the real person. Kenny has more than demonstrated what a fantastic, compassionate and understanding man he really is.

I thought you’d say that.

andybev1
20-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Neville southall when I was ona trip round evertons training ground as a 16 yr old - he would not sign autographs with the other players - being on crutches with a broken leg might have had something to do with it though :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
20-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Norman Whiteside at Edinburgh airport.

Surprised and disappointed with this. Met him on a night out in Belfast and he couldn’t have been more of a gent

Anti-hoofbaw
20-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Met Paul Hartley when I was taking a piss in CC Blooms toilets. I said "alright Paul" and he ignored me and looked at my willy.

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2018, 10:25 PM
I thought you’d say that.

Do you not agree?

Peevemor
20-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Met Paul Hartley when I was taking a piss in CC Blooms toilets. I said "alright Paul" and he ignored me and looked at my willy.Brilliant!

hibs#1
20-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Met Paul Hartley when I was taking a piss in CC Blooms toilets. I said "alright Paul" and he ignored me and looked at my willy.

😂😂😂😂

Peevemor
20-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Walter Kidd.In the mid 80s Walter Kidd regularly came into the upstairs bar at the Conan Doyle on Friday nights (usually with a match the following day), stood alone at the corner of the bar and necked 4-5 pints. He wasn't rude (he never said anything) but we always thought it was a bit weird.

The majority of the locals were Hibees and we just ignored him - maybe he liked the peace and quiet...

Silky
20-01-2018, 10:44 PM
He then moved into the house outside the bus stop on Restalrig Road next to Ryehill and I used to use that bus stop to get to uni. I used to cringe when he was out on a frosty morning with a freshly boiled kettle which he would then proceed to pour over his car windows (his car complete with Yogi related licence plate).

I lived in Ryehill when Yogi moved to that house and spoke to him a few times. Used to jump into his garden to retrieve balls we booted in when playing against the wall opposite. He was always friendly and would have a chat. Remember one time he had a party and a few of the players were there
Seem to remember Pat McGinlay standing pissed in the mode of the road!Good guy was Yogi.

Crab apple
20-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Do you not agree?

Only met him once and thought he was rude.

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Only met him once and thought he was rude.

Thought you would say that😉.

Fair enough.

TheHarpy76
20-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Not footballers but this thread (and it’s counterpart) got me thinking about a charity darts function that I accompanied a friend to several years ago. In attendance were Eric Bristow and Jocky Wilson. I fully expected Wilson to be a really nice and down to earth guy and Bristow to be a cocky and arrogant prick.
To my surprise it was actually the other way around. Wilson was an utter dick who didn’t hide the fact that he would rather be anywhere else than there, he barely spoke to anyone and acted pissed off if anyone dared ask for an autograph or photo.
Bristow was the polar opposite and an absolute gent.

tamig
20-01-2018, 11:37 PM
It must have been a second car. He’s always had a Beamer from what I can remember.

Aye he used to have a black BMW - A5 YOG. The plate is now on a different car that they have.

GreenCastle
20-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Paul Hartley - stuck up his own arse.

Met Cathro too before the Hearts job and just odd.

Babyshamble
20-01-2018, 11:42 PM
George o'boyle.a few pars players came to Leslie few years ago for a race nite.he was coked oot his nut.a total bell end.

IainA
20-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Bobby Moore - the former England captain in the 70's.
Went down to see Leeds Utd v West Ham in the 70's. bumped into him before the game. So rude when he heard my accent - he really hated scots!

Forza Fred
20-01-2018, 11:45 PM
Walter Kidd.

I got introduced to Walter in Mitchell’s pub in Gilmerton and he was nothing but polite and friendly.

Am I the only one who hasn’t found any players they have met to be unlikeable chaps.....and I’ve met a few.

Dalehibbie
21-01-2018, 12:32 AM
Emlyn Hughes total w****r

magnificent_seven
21-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Seen him mentioned a couple of times - DOUGIE IMRIE

Imrie is an absolute tube. Met him at a house party just after the Scotland-Italy game when we got beat 2-1 with that dodgy free kick.
Ended up at this party afterwards and it was when Imrie was playing for Clyde. It was a bit of a weird set up as the party was a uni friend of my pals. So it was about 10 of us who knew each other and Imrie and his pal who knew the girl hosting the party. They kept themselves to themselves for most of the night which was strange in itself. Hadn’t heard of him at the time and I asked if he got a game for them, giggled away to his mate asked me if I was stupid and told me that he was their star player.
Absolute odd ball of a guy. Awkward and avoided eye contact when you spoke to him, with some kind of fake confidence that he was trying to pull off whilst giggling away to his one and only pal in the house.
The pair of them buggered off when we were all going to a club, much to
The relief of everyone there.

To be honest with you - I have bumped into and chatted to a good number of footballers over the years and the majority of them have been absolutely brand new.

Paul Cairney is another strange wee guy. Me and my pal were out in glasgow the night before the 2-2 derby cup game at Tynecastle in 2016.
Got chatting to Cairney at the bar and tell him that I’m a hibs fan. Couldn’t get rid of him after that. He tagged along with me and my pal the rest of the night. He told me he was away to the game the next day and that he had a spare ticket if I wanted it. Phoned him the next morning to see if it was going and he made up some weird excuse about him losing his ID so the ticket was gone. Odd guy.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Alex McLeish and Mixu bigheaded twats
Andy Watson very nice guy as was Stuart Lovell and Nick Colgan

Brizo
21-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Gary Mackay. He was taking his sons school team and I was taking my son's team. He blanked me before the game and at the final whistle instead of the usual handshake and pleasantries he blanked me again and took his team away into some kind of huddle for an after match talk. They had hammered us and there hasn't been the slightest bit of bad feeling during the game which made it even stranger.

Totally ignorant arrogant character which in a way was good as he lived up to expectations. Don't know how I'd have coped if he'd turned out to be a good guy.

Aldo
21-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Andy Gorman tops the lot for me...

A friends dad past away and was a big Jambo. He stated in Hospice and when he past the family organised a charity event which took place in a lodge down Leith (Constitution Street I think)

Quite a few ex players were there and Gorman was one.

They was an auction and all stood and spoke however when it was Gorams turn he stood up totally pissed and acted like a total prick! Was very lucky not to get lynched that night as he was very disrespect to the family and was only interested in getting his free drink because he was Goram!

Total bell end

McD
21-01-2018, 10:41 AM
George o'boyle.a few pars players came to Leslie few years ago for a race nite.he was coked oot his nut.a total bell end.

Wasn't it him and another (Kevin Thomas?) who were caught doing drugs as saint johnstone players in the late 90s?

Iggy Pope
21-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Gary Mackay. He was taking his sons school team and I was taking my son's team. He blanked me before the game and at the final whistle instead of the usual handshake and pleasantries he blanked me again and took his team away into some kind of huddle for an after match talk. They had hammered us and there hasn't been the slightest bit of bad feeling during the game which made it even stranger.

Totally ignorant arrogant character which in a way was good as he lived up to expectations. Don't know how I'd have coped if he'd turned out to be a good guy.

Very similar experience with this cretin. He used to take a hand with the Gauntlet Sunday side. My lot drew them in the Scottish at Paties Rd. Keen contest marred by the ***** he spouted from the touchline as he was obviously unnerved by our class.
Like you I was delighted to discover he was indeed, a moron.

Nicho87
21-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Andy Watson very nice guy as was Stuart Lovell and Nick Colgan

Met mixu at playhouse at a rock concert and he was brilliant. Let me get a photo.

WeeRussell
21-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Nothing too outrageous for me, just the odd one not really seeming up for talking, which all strangers are entitled to!

Antoine-Curier probably goes under the above when met a group of hibs players at that time.

Once seen Ian black in a pub, coked out his head and could barely speak... not sure if that counts as rude. Or as meeting him for that matter, as I had no intentions of speaking to him.

Bostonhibby
21-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Emlyn Hughes total w****rJust shows you, he was a speaker at an event I attended some years ago. These guys are well paid and tend to piss off shortly afterwards.

Hughes stayed for hours afterwards, spoke to everyone that wanted to talk, signed autographs and bought a few drinks. He was a very funny story teller as well.

tamig
21-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Andy Gorman tops the lot for me...

A friends dad past away and was a big Jambo. He stated in Hospice and when he past the family organised a charity event which took place in a lodge down Leith (Constitution Street I think)

Quite a few ex players were there and Gorman was one.

They was an auction and all stood and spoke however when it was Gorams turn he stood up totally pissed and acted like a total prick! Was very lucky not to get lynched that night as he was very disrespect to the family and was only interested in getting his free drink because he was Goram!

Total bell end

Proof that there is two Andy Gorams. Even has two names 😉

snooky
21-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Bobby Moore - the former England captain in the 70's.
Went down to see Leeds Utd v West Ham in the 70's. bumped into him before the game. So rude when he heard my accent - he really hated scots!

Handbags at 20 paces?

Peevemor
21-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Andy Watson very nice guy as was Stuart Lovell and Nick ColganMy mate did a fair bit of decorating work in Mixu's flat at Holyrood and says that Mixu was always brand new.

The same mate's elderly auntie was a neighbour of Alex McLeish and couldn't speak highly enough of him. He even once stopped to give her a lift when she was carrying shopping in the rain a couple of hundred yards from her house.

Firestarter
21-01-2018, 12:32 PM
My mate did a fair bit of decorating work in Mixu's flat at Holyrood and says that Mixu was always brand new.

The same mate's elderly auntie was a neighbour of Alex McLeish and couldn't speak highly enough of him. He even once stopped to give her a lift when she was carrying shopping in the rain a couple of hundred yards from her house.

Did he promise her a lift every day after before moving the next day? :greengrin

Peevemor
21-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Did he promise her a lift every day after before moving the next day? :greengrinHa ha. She worked in hotel management all her life so celebrity didn't impress her at all. If she said somebody was sound you could take her word for it.

FranckSuzy
21-01-2018, 12:45 PM

I was lucky enough to be at the sponsors 'do' on the day after the cup final and was at FF's table. He didn't really say very much to any of us there so I asked him if winning the Scottish Cup was his biggest achievement in football and he replied that winning the FA Cup with Wigan was better...even though, IIRC, he didn't even get on the pitch. Very bizarre reply I thought given he was at a Hibs event, the day after we'd won the Holy Grail, in a room full of overjoyed Hibs fans? :confused: Mind you, after seeing him on the Time For Heroes DVD, I think (hope) the parade and the whole experience on the Sunday afterwards changed his mind.

CMurdoch
21-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Emlyn Hughes total w****r

Tam Cowan tells a story about him in which he is painted as a great guy the content of which I can't remember

hibee_girl
21-01-2018, 01:34 PM
James McFadden

supermcginn
21-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Fraser fyvie

Alec Splode
21-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Craig Levein.

21-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Mate of mine is the manager of a bar in town and he says that Stokes has been in a few times and isn't a particularly friendly character. Said he is quite arrogant and the "excuse me, do you not know who i am?" type.

CMurdoch
21-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Mate of mine is the manager of a bar in town and he says that Stokes has been in a few times and isn't a particularly friendly character. Said he is quite arrogant and the "excuse me, do you not know who i am?" type.

Should put Elvis on the jukebox!

Northernhibee
21-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Should put Elvis on the jukebox!

That's how the Edinburgh band 'Broken Records' got their name, I hear :greengrin

Dalehibbie
21-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Tam Cowan tells a story about him in which he is painted as a great guy the content of which I can't remember

Met him when I was working in a hotel in Blackpool,very arrogant, maybe I just caught him on an off night or maybe he didn't like the Scottish accent.