PDA

View Full Version : Off The Ball

20-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Mickey Weir and Gary Mackay are guests on Off the Ball. Mackay already talking rubbish saying Naismith is the 3rd marquee since Levein took over. Berra and Lafferty were signed when Cathro was head coach so if Levein gets the credit for those 2 then he should also get the blame for all the dross too.

mjhibby
20-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Usually like off the ball but the nonsense they are saying about naismith is pathetic as if he will transform hertz and Scottish football. Really disappointed if it is becoming as bad as sportsound as I just can't listen to that programme anymore without wanting to throw my radio out the window with the utter garbage they come out with.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Usually like off the ball but the nonsense they are saying about naismith is pathetic as if he will transform hertz and Scottish football. Really disappointed if it is becoming as bad as sportsound as I just can't listen to that programme anymore without wanting to throw my radio out the window with the utter garbage they come out with.

Not heard it but surely they’re as entitled to their opinion as you are yours?

Moody Blues
20-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Mickey Weir and Gary Mackay are guests on Off the Ball. Mackay already talking rubbish saying Naismith is the 3rd marquee since Levein took over. Berra and Lafferty were signed when Cathro was head coach so if Levein gets the credit for those 2 then he should also get the blame for all the dross too.

There is no getting away from it, Naismith is a class act at this level an Berra was a good signing for them as well.

monarch
20-01-2018, 07:23 PM

Interesting to note that Alan Preston mentioned that Naismith was on £50k per week at Norwich and that Hearts are paying 15%. That means they're shelling out £7.5k per week. Bearing in mind Preston's an agent he's probably right in this instance.

It seems the pink mob are returning to their old financial ways in their desperate gamble to beat us. IF we win then it's a lot of money down the pan for them. :thumbsup:

tamig
20-01-2018, 08:00 PM
The Queen’s cash from the sale of her business several years ago will be disappearing fast. She’s in deep now.

Famous Fiver
20-01-2018, 08:01 PM
If reports elsewhere on this forum are accurate, financially, it's everything gambled on this one card.

No sense of club responsibility or well being, just a desperate act by Budgie and her acolytes.

It's actually quite a compliment that we have invoked this desperate act. This is the club, don't forget, that don't see us as rivals any more. They have moved on to greater things.

Well run club?

Oh ma sides..............

Aldo
20-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Interesting to note that Alan Preston mentioned that Naismith was on £50k per week at Norwich and that Hearts are paying 15%. That means they're shelling out £7.5k per week. Bearing in mind Preston's an agent he's probably right in this instance. It seems the pink mob are returning to their old financial ways in their desperate gamble to beat us. IF we win then it's a lot of money down the pan for them. :thumbsup:

I was told it was 7.5k. Bruno would suggest 4K.

Far too much for a club that size tbh

20-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Interesting to note that Alan Preston mentioned that Naismith was on £50k per week at Norwich and that Hearts are paying 15%. That means they're shelling out £7.5k per week. Bearing in mind Preston's an agent he's probably right in this instance.

It seems the pink mob are returning to their old financial ways in their desperate gamble to beat us. IF we win then it's a lot of money down the pan for them. :thumbsup:

He actually pointed out that Hearts rent the Oriam which would have come as a surprise to some of the idiot fans that believe they own the "world class facilities". Renting implies a payment is made so "use" would be a more accurate term but I'll give him some credit for what he said.

heretoday
20-01-2018, 08:37 PM

I don't listen any more. I can get that kind of uninformed blether down the pub and I can have a drink while I'm enduring it.

Aldo
20-01-2018, 08:37 PM
He actually pointed out that Hearts rent the Oriam which would have come as a surprise to some of the idiot fans that believe they own the "world class facilities". Renting implies a payment is made so "use" would be a more accurate term but I'll give him some credit for what he said.

They do think they own it but are about 15th in line when it comes to using it. Last year the pitch was in such a state at Tiny because they got bumped from the Oraim for someone else. The pitch was bad before but was worse because they had to train on it.
They can think and say all they want it’s rent simple as!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
20-01-2018, 09:12 PM
I was told it was 7.5k. Bruno would suggest 4K.

Far too much for a club that size tbh

Either price is too much you mean? Totally agree, is be totally shocked if any Hibs player was on that.

Aldo
20-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Either price is too much you mean? Totally agree, is be totally shocked if any Hibs player was on that.

Without a doubt but remember it’s the yams!

Renowned for it.

I would also be disappointed if anyone at ER was on that amount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-01-2018, 09:24 PM
The Queen’s cash from the sale of her business several years ago will be disappearing fast. She’s in deep now.

:agree: Avril's gonny bankrupt her.

SonOfDavidFrancey
21-01-2018, 01:30 AM
7.5k x 4 = 30k x 6 ... bonuses etc will make this deal cost 200k. The Walker money., presumably.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-01-2018, 06:32 AM

Always thought having an agent as a pundit was a conflict of interest. Gordon Smith (the crap one) another example.

J-C
21-01-2018, 09:06 AM

7.5k x 4 = 30k x 6 ... bonuses etc will make this deal cost 200k. The Walker money., presumably.

Naismith is being funded by what they got for Walker, all it will cost them is any bonuses that came along.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2018, 09:17 AM

I am guessing of course but I would be surprised if Stokes and Efe are not on £3 k

Not In The Know
21-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Tam Cowan well and truly nailed his colours to the mast talking about that great derby he managed to watch in Tenerife (0-4 semi) it wasn’t a fabulous game it was a one sided hammering.

lucky
21-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Naismith was a great player but no one knows what he’s like now. I reckon he’ll be a decent signing but it will take time to get up to match fitness. The yams all reckon he’s a game changer for them but spending crazy money on him is a big risk. I’d piss myself if he goes off injured they’ll be crest fallen.

Not In The Know
21-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Tam Cowan well and truly nailed his colours to the mast talking about that great derby he managed to watch in Tenerife (0-4 semi) it wasn’t a fabulous game it was a one sided hammering.

Deansy
21-01-2018, 12:19 PM

The 'pink mob' are definitely returning to their old ways - last year they gambled by buying nearly a complete new team but this year the gamble is entirely on Naismith !. Which is why I'm praying the cameras zoom-in on Potter's face at FT after we've ripped them a new one !! Their season being over in January will be a new low for them and a great high for us !!

Joe6-2
21-01-2018, 12:22 PM
The 'pink mob' are definitely returning to their old ways - last year they gambled by buying nearly a complete new team but this year the gamble is entirely on Naismith !. Which is why I'm praying the cameras zoom-in on Potter's face at FT after we've ripped them a new one !! Their season being over in January will be a new low for them and a great high for us !!

I just hope you are right, I would love it, but I have this sinking feeling.
There again, the derby always makes me feel like this!