PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

Unseen work
20-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Got to say I can’t stand them as a club.

Watching them against St Mirren and the place is like a morgue and not many fans there either by the looks of it.

The fans constantly moan about the team/manager despite them being 2nd best for years.

Another thing about them, I never think they play particularly well however always seem to get a couple of early goals and kill teams off.

Very dynamic midfield and off the ball runs as well as bodies in the box makes them very hard to beat.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Can't stand them.

Was never keen on them but living amongst them gives a sense of how deluded they are, maybe even more so than Hearts. A purple patch in the 80s, admittedly a particularly good one, when they had the fortune to employ arguably the best manager ever has qualified them as one of Europes elite in their own minds.

I remember one guy insisting they brought '5000 or more' to ER every time they played us. I pointed out our away end only held about 3500 and they rarely filled it. He assured me I was wrong.

Albanian Hibs
20-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Hate Aberdeen

kaimendhibs
20-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Im the same. Detest them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
20-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Living in Aberdeen makes it worse when you are confronted on a daily basis by their delusions of grandeur.

Unseen work
20-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Here was me thinking I was the only Hibs fan in Aberdeen.

They stuff they come away with is delusional beyond belief. A lot of them were saying that Mccinnes should leave earlier in the season as he has taken Aberdeen as far as he could and they needed someone better in.

They also seem to not stand Rooney despite him scoring whenever he plays, fair enough he’s not a great players but who will you get that can score more than him?

They also speak about Christie like he is their player and youth product.

Can’t wait for the day they get pumped.

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Yeh, not much time for them. But one thing they do is get runners from midfield into the box ... they did it against us and scored and have scored twice today through doing the same thing. Need I say more.

BegbieHSC
20-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Yeppp,

They rank joint 3rd in my all time hate list. An utterly soulless club, that had one successful spell in their entire existence and have a spread of glory hunters in the central belt as a result.

I have to say, I don't get how they cope without having a real derby. Like they've always tried to bam us and the huns up, but at the end of the day, idk...I ****ing hate them, but we've got bigger fish to fry I guess.

They sit nicely betweeb Hertz and Falkirk.

1)Joint top - Sevco 2012 and Rangers (d.1872-2012)
2) ****bos
3)Sellic/Aberdeen
4)Falkirk

20-01-2018, 01:03 PM
The stars on their shirt always make me cringe.

Frazerbob
20-01-2018, 01:06 PM

They stuff they come away with is delusional beyond belief. A lot of them were saying that Mccinnes should leave earlier in the season as he has taken Aberdeen as far as he could and they needed someone better in.

They also seem to not stand Rooney despite him scoring whenever he plays, fair enough he’s not a great players but who will you get that can score more than him?

There’s a very active supporters club based up here mate. NESH (North East Scotland Hibernians). We’ve got a bus going down tomorrow with a couple spaces. We’ve got a Facebook page (can’t link it from my phone but just search us), come join us.

SirDavidsNapper

Makes them feel big. In reality one trophy in 20 odd years.

Frazerbob
Living in Aberdeen makes it worse when you are confronted on a daily basis by their delusions of grandeur.

See above.....

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Slightly different tangent but notice when Aberdeen scored their second. The number of midfielders desperate to get into the box is the difference.

We don’t have that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
20-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Massive spaces in the crowd and that weegie bar steward Miller fawning over them is utter cringe worthy. I detest everything about their absolute crap football club. On another note I quite like visiting Aberdeen 😊

Carheenlea
20-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Love the city of Aberdeen - can't stand the club.

oneone73
20-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Two European trophies? Damn sure I'd wear them.

MountcastleHibs
20-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Their pitch hasn’t been played on in nearly a month. How is it in such an awful condition?

Diclonius
20-01-2018, 01:19 PM
The one time I went to Pittodrie I couldn't believe how quiet the place was. It's like a library, and this was when they were 4-0 up on us (Calderwood's first game).

Billy Whizz
20-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Their pitch hasn’t been played on in nearly a month. How is it in such an awful condition?

Maybe been training on it this week, if their training pitches have been frozen
Have Hibs been using ER this week?

Craig_HFC
20-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Some strike from the Mackay-Steven there.

Real Emerald
20-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Massive spaces in the crowd and that weegie bar steward Miller fawning over them is utter cringe worthy. I detest everything about their absolute crap football club. On another note I quite like visiting Aberdeen 😊

My_Wife_Camille
20-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Can’t stand them. Up there with Hearts and the OF.

They are streets ahead ahead of us all over the park though. I can’t believe that during the summer people were saying that Mackay Steven wasn’t any better than Martin Boyle

FifeHibs
20-01-2018, 01:33 PM
There’s a very active supporters club based up here mate. NESH (North East Scotland Hibernians). We’ve got a bus going down tomorrow with a couple spaces. We’ve got a Facebook page (can’t link it from my phone but just search us), come join us.

Are you running a bus from Aberdeen to the Dundee game on Wednesday

Cheers

Stokesy's on fire
20-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Abereen away is like visiting a library! They are a horrible club with deluded fans.

Stokesy's on fire
20-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Exactly yet they are media darlings for some reason. The best years they have had in the last 40 have came when the top flight has beem at its all time weakest.

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Why ... they beat arguably the biggest club in the world to earn the first one and the European cup winners to earn the second. If that had been Hibs I'm bloody sure I would want us to mark the achievement in a similar fashion.

Frazerbob
20-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Are you running a bus from Aberdeen to the Dundee game on Wednesday

Cheers

No. £7 in the train.

Stokesy's on fire
20-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Why ... they beat arguably the biggest club in the world to earn the first one and the European cup winners to earn the second. If that had been Hibs I'm bloody sure I would want us to mark the achievement in a similar fashion.

The two stars make them more of an embarssement than they already are.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2018, 02:08 PM
The two stars make them more of an embarssement than they already are.

I know Aberdeen fans who cringe at the stars, great achievement though it was, I'm not aware of any other team in Europe that has a star on their shirt for either of those "cups" (they didn't actually get a cup for beating Hamburg in the super cup).

hibsboy07
20-01-2018, 02:08 PM

Loads of Hibs fans in Aberdeen bud

Stokesy's on fire
20-01-2018, 02:12 PM
I know Aberdeen fans who cringe at the stars, great achievement though it was, I'm not aware of any other team in Europe that has a star on their shirt for either of those "cups" (they didn't actually get a cup for beating Hamburg in the super cup).

Liverpool coulr add a few stars if they counted that friendly cup thing haha

silverhibee
20-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Maybe been training on it this week, if their training pitches have been frozen
Have Hibs been using ER this week?

My lad was speaking to a yam player and was told the thieves had trained at tiny on Friday.

Alfiembra
20-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Loads of Hibs fans in Aberdeen bud

Me too, I work there Monday to Friday and have good mates that are Dons supporters but yeah they do go on a bit about 1983.

FifeHibs
20-01-2018, 02:15 PM
No. £7 in the train.

What time are you boys headin down on the train.
I'd need to get from Tullos to dump car in city centre then to train

PatHead
20-01-2018, 02:17 PM
I hate Aberdeen that much I hope it snows there every day.

Frazerbob
20-01-2018, 02:18 PM
What time are you boys headin down on the train.
I'd need to get from Tullos to dump car in city centre then to train

Not sure yet. Get on our FB page, there will be plans posted there.

Frazerbob
20-01-2018, 02:18 PM
I hate Aberdeen that much I hope it snows there every day.

Thanks pal ☹️

PatHead
20-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Thanks pal ☹️

Nothing personal 😬

tamig
20-01-2018, 02:35 PM

Why the “cups” in inverted commas? The Cup Winners Cup was a huge competition filled with Europe’s best in the pre-Champions League days. Fantastic achievement by them to win it. I don’t begrudge them their stars at all. The hun on the other hand with their domestic stars. That is the definition of cringe.

Green-Hibee-7
20-01-2018, 02:47 PM
My old mate from school is an Aberdeen fan. One of the soundest boys you could meet - talk about football though turns into a tube. They believe they are miles bigger than Hibs and Hearts, which I thinks laughable. His favourite was how class an away support they have and how there’s ‘not even that many central belt fans that go to away games’ question there terrible home crowds and they trot out how it’s ‘hard for a lot of our central belt fans to come up every other week’. Delusions of grandeur.

In saying that after the Semi last year met a couple of level headed Aberdeen fans - top blokes.

Stokesy's on fire
20-01-2018, 04:20 PM
My old mate from school is an Aberdeen fan. One of the soundest boys you could meet - talk about football though turns into a tube. They believe they are miles bigger than Hibs and Hearts, which I thinks laughable. His favourite was how class an away support they have and how there’s ‘not even that many central belt fans that go to away games’ question there terrible home crowds and they trot out how it’s ‘hard for a lot of our central belt fans to come up every other week’. Delusions of grandeur.

In saying that after the Semi last year met a couple of level headed Aberdeen fans - top blokes.

This is a prime example of the type of sheep i have to deal with every day. Deluded to the max!

Billy Whizz
20-01-2018, 04:39 PM
My lad was speaking to a yam player and was told the thieves had trained at tiny on Friday.

Looking at STV news last night, looked like they were training on the area behind the Wheatfield Stand

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Why the “cups” in inverted commas? The Cup Winners Cup was a huge competition filled with Europe’s best in the pre-Champions League days. Fantastic achievement by them to win it. I don’t begrudge them their stars at all. The hun on the other hand with their domestic stars. That is the definition of cringe.

Because there was no cup for winning the so called super cup.

tamig
20-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Because there was no cup for winning the so called super cup.

Ok bud. Thought you were down playing the value of the cup winners cup.

20-01-2018, 07:37 PM

The super cup is a glorified friendly. I’ll give them the CWC when you point out the other clubs who have a star on their shirt for winning that illustrious trophy.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-01-2018, 09:57 AM

Thats a bit mean spirited. They won two european trophies, beatong real madrid in one of them. An amazing achievement ny anyone's standards

hibsbollah
21-01-2018, 10:01 AM
I don't really have a problem with them. Not Rantic, basically. I have noticed we've had more than our fair share of eyebleeding games with them. Loads of 0-0s and agricultural football.

Iggy Pope
21-01-2018, 10:11 AM

Weren't the stars first created by Italian clubs for domestic titles? And one star for every ten at that? I love the fact they won the ECWC but the stars are tacky. Not as tacky or pretentious as Celtics "Lisboa Anniversario" crest mind.

mixumatosis
21-01-2018, 10:48 AM
I lived with an Aberdeen fan at Uni for a couple of years. Total walloper.

We were walking to the shops one day and commenting on the weather he remarked that it was "an Aberdeen day". I asked him to explain what this meant and he said when it's cold and dry but sunny that's an Aberdeen day and "you only get days like this in Aberdeen".

We were in Stirling.

Is It On....
21-01-2018, 10:51 AM

My brother in law is an Aberdeen season ticket holder and, apparently, all Rooney does is "score goals".🙄🙄

Col2
21-01-2018, 10:55 AM
One trophy in past 27 years is it? Won on penalties against ICT in arguably the worst in many years.

Still average 3k less than us at home and have massive infrastructure spend coming up IF they get approval which is in real doubt. Will be interesting to see how many still go out of town IF it goes ahead.

Milne has recently said he fears for being able to compete as much as they do if they don’t get stadium approval.

Frazerbob
25-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Notice they couldn’t sell out the wee cornet at Ibrox last night for their biggest game of the season. No TV or unusual KO time to use as an excuse.

Souter96Mac
25-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Not surprised at last night's result, they lie down to the two uglies every time

IGRIGI
25-01-2018, 08:02 AM
I'd be, for the lack of a better word, "seething" if Hibs became whipping boys like that for the Mordor Select.

The Harp Awakes
25-01-2018, 08:07 AM

As a club Aberdeen certainly do have an overinflated opinion of themselves. The problem is made worse by the media, and the BBC in particular playing up to it. Hibs and Hearts will always be much bigger clubs although both's underachievement over the years may suggest otherwise.

SirDavidsNapper
25-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Hibs would be the butt of the medias jokes if we'd won one trophy in 27 years or whatever it is. To me Aberdeen will always be a smaller club than both Edinburgh clubs.

AndyM_1875
25-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Hibs would be the butt of the medias jokes if we'd won one trophy in 27 years or whatever it is. To me Aberdeen will always be a smaller club than both Edinburgh clubs.

But at least Aberdeen never went into administration and burned their creditors for £30m before selling the Scottish Media a sob story about how a big boy did it and ran away and oohh aren't we wonderful under Supreme Leader Budge.

One Day Soon
25-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Don't like them much but TBF at least they're not Poppy Thieves.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Notice they couldn’t sell out the wee cornet at Ibrox last night for their biggest game of the season. No TV or unusual KO time to use as an excuse.

Apart from it being a Wednesday night and they were coming from Aberdeen down to Glasgow?

KeithTheHibby
25-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Perennial chokers against the uglies. They don’t even make a game of it the majority of time.
If that was us the phrase ‘Hibsing it’ would rolled out at every opportunity.
As usual the media give McInnes and his band of bottlers an easy ride.

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Perennial chokers against the uglies. They don’t even make a game of it the majority of time.
If that was us the phrase ‘Hibsing it’ would rolled out at every opportunity.
As usual the media give McInnes and his band of bottlers an easy ride.

Cannot believe the easy ride they get off the media. Perennial bottle merchants against the 2 uglies its pathetic. Yet never a mentiin of it in papers or on open all a###holes. To have lost 3 out of 3 against Sevco 2012 select is pathetic...theyve not even laid glove on them in either game. Hope Dylan is watching..dont be joining this bunch DM

Frazerbob
25-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Apart from it being a Wednesday night and they were coming from Aberdeen down to Glasgow?

We've been playing games at 1945 on Wednesdays for decades. It's not unusual.......as Tom once said.

snooky
25-01-2018, 10:28 AM
We've been playing games at 1945 on Wednesdays for decades. It's not unusual.......as Tom once said.

Shhhh... don't mention the war.

cleanyman
25-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Aberdeen have peaked.

The record against Rangers at Ibrox has to be one of the worst going. 1 win in 27 years? Wow.

emerald green
25-01-2018, 10:48 AM
They're only sheep s******* b*******.

Firestarter
25-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Aberdeen have peaked.

The record against Rangers at Ibrox has to be one of the worst going. 1 win in 27 years? Wow.

They are joint second in the league and still in the cup having reached the league cup final. Hammered us last month, still signing good players and trying to take arguably our best player. If that constitutes to having peaked I can't wait until we are close that.

andybev1
25-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Been thinking recently why can't such a rich city as Edinburgh not give us a moneyed person the like of which Aberdeen have, but with **** like 'fred the shred' (probably a hearts supporter) there seems to be no chance of that happening.

HibeeBigFly
25-01-2018, 01:24 PM
14-1 the score against the old firm this season my dons supporting mate says.

cleanyman
25-01-2018, 01:46 PM
They are joint second in the league and still in the cup having reached the league cup final. Hammered us last month, still signing good players and trying to take arguably our best player. If that constitutes to having peaked I can't wait until we are close that.

They didn't reach the league cup final.

Despite all that cash hee haw to show for it

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Been thinking recently why can't such a rich city as Edinburgh not give us a moneyed person the like of which Aberdeen have, but with **** like 'fred the shred' (probably a hearts supporter) there seems to be no chance of that happening.

The question is "why would they?" :greengrin

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Edinburgh (Leith at that) gave us Tom Farmer.

Aim Here
25-01-2018, 02:01 PM

It's a 3 hour journey each way to Glasgow from Aberdeen, compared to 1 hour from Edinburgh. That's the difference between going to the match after work/school, as opposed to taking time off, and it's also means not being able to take the train for the return journey. That should cut into the away attendance figures somewhat.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 02:04 PM
It's a 3 hour journey each way to Glasgow from Aberdeen, compared to 1 hour from Edinburgh. That's the difference between going to the match after work/school, as opposed to taking time off, and it's also means not being able to take the train for the return journey. That should cut into the away attendance figures somewhat.

I'm sure 900 of them could manage, Northern powerhouse that they are, 3rd force blah, blah, blah.
They've been part of the league as long as anyone can remember - midweek fixtures are nothing new.

I'll defy anyone to get back to Edinburgh from a game at Ibrox in an hour by the way.....

Diclonius
25-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Aberdeen record against Old Firm since appointment of McInnes:
Played: 28
Won: 6
Drawn: 0
Lost: 22

For: 25
Against: 63

Hibs record against Old Firm since appointment of McInnes:
Played: 23
Won: 8
Drawn: 4
Lost: 12

For: 34
Against: 47

Aim Here
25-01-2018, 02:09 PM
I'll defy anyone to get back to Edinburgh from a game at Ibrox in an hour by the way.....

And Aberdonians won't get to or from Ibrox in three hours flat, either. The time was just a rough time-between-cities estimate.

guthrie01
25-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Still haven't won anything and never will unless they stop bottling it every time they play the OF.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 02:37 PM
And Aberdonians won't get to or from Ibrox in three hours flat, either. The time was just a rough time-between-cities estimate.

Not if they don't go they won't. Fed up with geography being an excuse. There's always the Highland League if they get too tired.

andybev1
25-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Edinburgh (Leith at that) gave us Tom Farmer.

Yes, and I was going to mention him as he really was a saviour and hero of the day when Hibs needed him but I am talking about someone who loves football and Hibernian as a supporter, with money to burn, who wants to make them contenders for the league title, if not, second place.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes, and I was going to mention him as he really was a saviour and hero of the day when Hibs needed him but I am talking about someone who loves football and Hibernian as a supporter, with money to burn, who wants to make them contenders for the league title, if not, second place.

Maybe Andy Murray will need something to occupy his time soon.

andybev1
25-01-2018, 02:41 PM
The question is "why would they?" :greengrin
If I had a billion squid I think I would:cb

andybev1
25-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Maybe Andy Murray will need something to occupy his time soon.

YEes, that would be something.

jacomo
25-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Cannot believe the easy ride they get off the media. Perennial bottle merchants against the 2 uglies its pathetic. Yet never a mentiin of it in papers or on open all a###holes. To have lost 3 out of 3 against Sevco 2012 select is pathetic...theyve not even laid glove on them in either game. Hope Dylan is watching..dont be joining this bunch DM

This is true.

JeMeSouviens
25-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Aberdeen record against Old Firm since appointment of McInnes:
Played: 28
Won: 6
Drawn: 0
Lost: 22

For: 25
Against: 63

Hibs record against Old Firm since appointment of McInnes:
Played: 23
Won: 8
Drawn: 4
Lost: 12

For: 34
Against: 47

To be fair, that does include 2 years of us playing the New Huns in the lower leagues while they were truly ***** while the Sheepies had to play Celtc instead.

JeMeSouviens
25-01-2018, 02:54 PM
I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Sheepies on account of the bright spot they provided in the dark days of the 80s by regularly humping Celtc and the Old Huns. Plus my wife is from Sheepland so I know a fair amount of them and find them generally ok.

Phil MaGlass
25-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Dont know how anyone can think they have peaked, they are on the up, they just got beat from a huns team that have heavily invested, we will struggle against the hun next time.
They are moving to a new stadium, they are bankrolled by a very smart millionaire and have been adding quality players to their squad, if anything WE should be looking at ourselves and asking HOW the hell are we going to keep up with Aberdeen and if some on here have said, the hertz fans are also pumping alot of DD,s into the club which in a few years to come will eclipse what we as Hibs fans are putting into the club.

Iggy Pope
25-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Dont know how anyone can think they have peaked, they are on the up, they just got beat from a huns team that have heavily invested, we will struggle against the hun next time.
They are moving to a new stadium, they are bankrolled by a very smart millionaire and have been adding quality players to their squad, if anything WE should be looking at ourselves and asking HOW the hell are we going to keep up with Aberdeen and if some on here have said, the hertz fans are also pumping alot of DD,s into the club which in a few years to come will eclipse what we as Hibs fans are putting into the club.

Glass half empty?

Stokesy's on fire
25-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Their fans are in total silence yet again and have gone missing from social media...My work place is also in silence today and no newspapers have been placed in the canteen :******: