PDA

View Full Version : NHC Red Star F.C. - interesting read.

Aalborg Hibs
20-01-2018, 11:45 AM
A really interesting read about my new favourite French Club....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/in-bed-with-maradona/2018/jan/20/red-star-football-club-paris-jules-rimet-david-bellion

hibsbollah
20-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Are Red Star in le championnat ? (the third tier). Another interesting story is Paris FC, who are currently in 4th in ligue 2 and could conceivably go up and be playing derbies with PSG next season.

IGRIGI
20-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Social Justice Warrior FC it seems. Boak inducing.

Aalborg Hibs
20-01-2018, 12:08 PM
I just liked their history, the shi*ey stadium, and the green shirts. But I'm easily pleased :hyper

Pretty Boy
20-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Good read.

In these days of corporate football it's important to remember the community roots that are woven through the history of many football clubs.

Green strips too so that's a bonus.

xyz23jc
20-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Good read.

In these days of corporate football it's important to remember the community roots that are woven through the history of many football clubs.

Green strips too so that's a bonus.

Just finished reading Eibar the Brave....Recommended! Little tentative Scottish link .i.e. the fan's group called Eskozia la brava as well as being written by the Paisley born writer Euan McTear. Not too keen on the green hooped shirts they sometimes played in tho!

Euskadi Ta Askatasuna :thumbsup::agree:

Aalborg Hibs
20-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Just finished reading Eibar the Brave....Recommended! Little tentative Scottish link .i.e. the fan's group called Eskozia la brava as well as being written by the Paisley born writer Euan McTear. Not too keen on the green hooped shirts they sometimes played in tho!

Euskadi Ta Askatasuna :thumbsup::agree:

I have a soft spot for Eibar due to the fact that they built Lambretta scooters there up until the end of 1980s :wink:

Wee Effen Bee
20-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Social Justice Warrior FC it seems. Boak inducing.

What’s wrong with people actually caring for the community? Too left wing for you?

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2018, 02:17 PM
An interesting read, but not exactly inspiring if they want to be taken seriously as a football club. They appear to be by a long way the most established club in Paris and yet have allowed PSG to grab the initiative even though they are a far younger club and that is before the middle east billions were poured into PSG.

I want Hibs to be recognised as a club with a social conscience, which I think we are and I don't think there's much doubt that we lean more to the left than the right as a fan base. But to dismiss on field success and modern facilities as 'vulgar' which Red Star appear to do and to a lesser extent their bedfellows St Pauli is to miss the point of what being a 'professional' football club is all about.

Anyway .... if I have a French team it has to be St Etienne :greengrin

Malthibby
20-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Love teams like Red Star & St. Pauli, it's great to have a counter culture when the top end of football is awash with utter greed and corruption.
GG

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Love teams like Red Star & St. Pauli, it's great to have a counter culture when the top end of football is awash with utter greed and corruption.
GG

Nothing wrong with a 'counter culture' if it's allied to a reasonably successful club. For all theirs I still think St Pauli fans would like to see their team competing in the top flight. In the case of Red Star their owner aside you get the impression they would rather stay where they are and remain 'interesting'