PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Durham

Higgy115
19-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Anybody hear Adrian Durham earlier on Talksport and the dream he had last night about the forthcoming derby?
Convinced he vividly watched Hibs win 5-0!!!

Sammy7nil
19-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Anybody hear Adrian Durham earlier on Talksport and the dream he had last night about the forthcoming derby?

The man is a fanny him and "Goughie" make sportsound seem like a top quality programme.

I hope for once he is right.

Smartie
19-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Here's a phrase I never thought I'd utter "I hope Adrian Durham's dreams come true".

sleeping giant
19-01-2018, 07:02 PM
He's a dick.
Constantly trying to get Wenger sacked.
Erse

Must have been a good dream though. Who scored ?

wearethehibs
19-01-2018, 07:04 PM
People think Hearts are obsessed with us and us with them, but that guys obsession with Arsenal and Wenger is the worst. Constantly hammers them.

Hope his dream comes true

Higgy115
19-01-2018, 07:10 PM
An @rse of the highest order, bit of a pantomime villain but he did some research after to see the likelihood of it happening and saw their recent clean sheet record, Goughie did convince him it COULD happen.

SquashedFrogg
19-01-2018, 07:10 PM
He's a dick.
Erse

Agree with first part, but to be fair, Wenger doing a decent job himself of trying to get sacked.

I can't remember a manager get cut so much slack.

Pete
19-01-2018, 07:12 PM

He knows his stuff :aok:

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Is that the boy from the one show?

sleeping giant
19-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Agree with first part, but to be fair, Wenger doing a decent job himself of trying to get sacked.

I can't remember a manager get cut so much slack.

I didn't mean he was a dick for wanting him sacked .
He drones on and on about it every day though as if he (Durham)is some kind of football guru.

McD
19-01-2018, 07:33 PM

Thats Adrian chiles.

durham does the drive time show on talksport

Frazerbob
19-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Why any self respecting Scot would listen to Talk Sport is beyond me. Lowest common denominator radio, aimed squarely at right wing, English, white van drivers who voted for Brexit and read The Sun.

Diclonius
19-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Wow, that's probably the most Hibs have ever been mentioned in one sitting on TalkSport.

SquashedFrogg
19-01-2018, 07:39 PM
I didn't mean he was a dick for wanting him sacked .
He drones on and on about it every day though as if he (Durham)is some kind of football guru.

Totally agree. I can't stand the guy. Deliberately annoys people to be 'controversial'. Radio version of click bate. Funny when you first hear him but he's so predictable. Surprised they've not replaced.

Don't actually mind Gough tbf.

SquashedFrogg
19-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Why any self respecting Scot would listen to Talk Sport is beyond me. Lowest common denominator radio, aimed squarely at right wing, English, white van drivers who voted for Brexit and read The Sun.

Sweeping statement. I'm left wing and voted for brexit. How does that fit?

Frazerbob
19-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Sweeping statement. I'm left wing and voted for brexit. How does that fit?

As I said, it’s beyond me any Scot would listen to it.

Northern Hibby
19-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Mine was 7-0 😁

SquashedFrogg
19-01-2018, 07:47 PM
As I said, it’s beyond me why you’d listen to it

For the record I don't. But clearly like you, I'm aware of its content.

Assumptions eh?

horseflesh
19-01-2018, 08:28 PM

No, the boy from the one show is an even bigger stain

Bostonhibby
19-01-2018, 08:57 PM
I used to think he was the reason that somebody cleverer than me joined the words bell and end to make an accurate descriptive term, but now I'm forced to recognise he was a visionary and all round good egg all along.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

brianmc
19-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Ahhh Frazerbob, the voice of reason, pray tell what/who us Scots non right wing, anti brexit folks should be listening to (that garners your approval)???

MGmick
19-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Ahhh Frazerbob, the voice of reason, pray tell what/who us Scots non right wing, anti brexit folks should be listening to (that garners your approval)???

The very question I was about to ask. The legendary .net intolerance department must surely be able to advise us.

Hibbyradge
19-01-2018, 09:13 PM

Radio 6 music.

Lancs Harp
19-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Of course Durham courts controversy, its his job. He gets paid to create debate, no one would listen otherwise and hes very good at it. We all listen to it boiling with frustration at most of what he comes out with, but thats the point.

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Thats Adrian chiles.

durham does the drive time show on talksport

Oh aye that pro hun prick that knows zero about Scottish football? Everything is for a reaction from him.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Why any self respecting Scot would listen to Talk Sport is beyond me. Lowest common denominator radio, aimed squarely at right wing, English, white van drivers who voted for Brexit and read The Sun.It's designed to provoke controversy amongst, and gain attention from intelligent people by appearing to appeal to the very audience you correctly identify.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
19-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Of course Durham courts controversy, its his job. He gets paid to create debate, no one would listen otherwise and hes very good at it. We all listen to it boiling with frustration at most of what he comes out with, but thats the point.

It is so childish you can't listen Durham say one thing Gough takes the polar opposite view with neither really believing in what they are trying to support. Just nonsense same script everyday a bit like watching Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

brianmc
19-01-2018, 09:35 PM

👍

snedzuk
19-01-2018, 09:37 PM
He's a dick.
Erse

Stokes - 5

southern hibby
19-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Love him to be correct but we’ll only score 3 unfortunately

GGTTH

Mibbes Aye
19-01-2018, 09:55 PM

:agree:

It's been years since I listened to Talksport but when I did, Durham was co-hosting with Mickey Quinn - Gough was an occasional guest. It sounds like nothing's changed, he's very accomplished at provoking a reaction, let alone creating a debate, which is exactly what his employers want him to do. As I recall, he used to be particularly good at dropping in a loaded comment just before the newsbreak or extended ads, allowing time for many frothing-at-the-mouth responses or phonecalls from whichever fan segment was disagreeing with him.

On a different note I enjoyed Hawksbee and Jacobs in those days, not sure if they still do their show.

brianmc
19-01-2018, 09:55 PM
It seems to me that there are a large number of people who post on this site that spend an unhealthy amount of time watching or listening to stuff that upsets and/or annoys them.

BBC old firm bias!
Andy Walker is a twat
Chris Sutton d**k
Open all mics ********s
Kris ****** Boyd
Sky old firm bias
BT old firm bias
Evening News hertz bias
Etc etc etc.

Now, before some smart ass tells me I don't have to read these posts, I'll point out I'm neither upset or annoyed by them. I do however find it a bit pathetic how some people are determined to find offense daily.

If I hear Adrian Durham talking ****, trolling to deliberately get a reaction, I generally switch off. Same goes for the other examples listed.

*I have never listened to BBC radio 6 music, but I'd be surprised if it's the hotbed of Scottish left wing Pro Europe opinion as suggested earlier.

brianmc
19-01-2018, 09:57 PM

It's been years since I listened to Talksport but when I did, Durham was co-hosting with Mickey Quinn - Gough was an occasional guest. It sounds like nothing's changed, he's very accomplished at provoking a reaction, let alone creating a debate, which is exactly what his employers want him to do. As I recall, he used to be particularly good at dropping in a loaded comment just before the newsbreak or extended ads, allowing time for many frothing-at-the-mouth responses or phonecalls from whichever fan segment was disagreeing with him.

On a different note I enjoyed Hawksbee and Jacobs in those days, not sure if they still do their show.

H and J are still on daily between 1 and 4 - and are still as good as ever.

MGmick
19-01-2018, 10:56 PM
It seems to me that there are a large number of people who post on this site that spend an unhealthy amount of time watching or listening to stuff that upsets and/or annoys them.

BBC old firm bias!
Andy Walker is a twat
Chris Sutton d**k
Open all mics ********s
Kris ****** Boyd
Sky old firm bias
BT old firm bias
Evening News hertz bias
Etc etc etc.

Now, before some smart ass tells me I don't have to read these posts, I'll point out I'm neither upset or annoyed by them. I do however find it a bit pathetic how some people are determined to find offense daily.

If I hear Adrian Durham talking ****, trolling to deliberately get a reaction, I generally switch off. Same goes for the other examples listed.

*I have never listened to BBC radio 6 music, but I'd be surprised if it's the hotbed of Scottish left wing Pro Europe opinion as suggested earlier.

I can only assume we are related.
If Durham and Gough P one orf then just retune, it's not radio aimed at the mentally superior.
On the other hand, H & J is as good a radio programme as I've listened to.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Wow, that's probably the most Hibs have ever been mentioned in one sitting on TalkSport.

Bloody right ... being an occasional listener to Talk Sport I'm amazed they even know there is an Edinburgh derby this weekend. The whole content of Scottish football coverage on Talk Sport can be summed up in two topics.

1) Would the Ugly Sisters survive in the EPL ..... 2) Belittling the Scottish game because clubs with less than a 20th of Celtic's budget cant mount a challenge to them.

Their so called football experts are usually washed up Scotland internationals who either haven't kicked a ball in Scotland at all or have spent the vast majority of their careers in England and you can guarantee the only Scottish game any of them have seen in person in the last 20 years was when they blagged free tickets for Celtic v Rangers or Celtic v Barcelona or Bayern Munich. The do have McCoist on now and again, but he is the biggest arse licker on the radio and wouldn't dare endanger his English TV and Radio gigs by going against the grain and saying there is any merit in Scottish football outside of the Ugly sisters.

Brizo
20-01-2018, 07:17 AM
Tabloid style talk radio relies on "callers". To generate callers the presenters need to generate controversy. Guys like Durham will make ridiculous statements or adopt polarised positions from their co-host to generate calls. If anyone listening to those shows doesn't get that then they're probably not the sharpest tool...and I'd suggest a lot of the Talksport audience probably aren't.

What those shows have done is have a knock on effect.The dumbing down of BBCs Scotlands Sportsound is a direct response to their commercial competitors.

Carheenlea
20-01-2018, 07:24 AM
I like the Two Mikes, but liked them better when they were doing the overnight show and not talking too much football.

mcohibs
20-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Occasional listener of TalkSport. As mentioned it does try to stir up controversy by the hosts taking polar opposite opinions, however that often makes for an interesting debate. It gives the chance for both sides of an argument to be put across by both the hosts and the callers, which is quite engaging. Interesting discussion on it last night about VAR technology for example.

Btw I'm a left wing non-brexit voter. Not that it matters, it's a bloody radio show ffs.

Frazerbob
20-01-2018, 10:04 AM

Glad you spotted the tone of my post. But many a true word said in jest an all that. Talk Sport is The Sun in radio form.

fat freddy
20-01-2018, 10:23 AM
I listen in as I spend countless hours on the roads travelling to jobs. Its a football fix but not a very good one. Watered down methodone when you really want pure smack.
I have my radio set to two stations, when Henk Potts or adverts come on TALKsport I switch to Radio 6.
When the DJ's on 6 start talking I switch back. Sometimes long spells of silence occurs as they all nip my head with their inane drivel.
All other radio stations annoy me even more for one reason or another, I really need a van with a CD player.

HFCdeb
20-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Alan Brazil is far more annoying than Durham could ever be.

fat freddy
20-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Alan Brazil is far more annoying than Durham could ever be.

Brazil and McCoist together are unbelievable at times, two utterly horrendous human beings on so many levels. I think I listen in to hear if they can out cringe one another, its like an aural sado masochistic form of self harming on my ears.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2018, 10:51 AM
I listen in as I spend countless hours on the roads travelling to jobs. Its a football fix but not a very good one. Watered down methodone when you really want pure smack.
I have my radio set to two stations, when Henk Potts or adverts come on TALKsport I switch to Radio 6.
When the DJ's on 6 start talking I switch back. Sometimes long spells of silence occurs as they all nip my head with their inane drivel.
All other radio stations annoy me even more for one reason or another, I really need a van with a CD player.

A radio with Bluetooth and then download some podcasts on your phone. I’ve not listened to talk sport for a good few years now due to this.

HFCdeb
20-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Brazil and McCoist together are unbelievable at times, two utterly horrendous human beings on so many levels. I think I listen in to hear if they can out cringe one another, its like an aural sado masochistic form of self harming on my ears.

Couldn't agree more.

heretoday
20-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Repeat after me:
Talksport is a wind-up. Do not take it seriously.

McD
20-01-2018, 06:38 PM
A radio with Bluetooth and then download some podcasts on your phone. I’ve not listened to talk sport for a good few years now due to this.

Exactly as as I have done. There’s no end of interesting, thought provoking, enjoyable podcast on any number of topics

jacomo
20-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Tabloid style talk radio relies on "callers". To generate callers the presenters need to generate controversy. Guys like Durham will make ridiculous statements or adopt polarised positions from their co-host to generate calls. If anyone listening to those shows doesn't get that then they're probably not the sharpest tool...and I'd suggest a lot of the Talksport audience probably aren't.

What those shows have done is have a knock on effect.The dumbing down of BBCs Scotlands Sportsound is a direct response to their commercial competitors.

Famous Fiver
20-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Durham is an absolute bellend.

Before his anti Arsenal standpoint, one Emile Heskey, daily took the brunt of his childish rantings.

'If Emile Heskey gets another cap, I'll emigrate', was the oft repeated cry.

Emile, deservedly and due to good form, got his cap.

Did Durham emigrate? Not a chance.

I refer you to my opening sentence.

I rest my case, m'lud.