PDA

View Full Version : 6 Turnstiles

PatHead
19-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Does anyone know if they have created any more turnstiles or will we need to start queuing from about 1pm if we want to see the kick off.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2018, 12:58 PM
There's a real story here if they've done nothing to improve on this abysmal state of affairs since the last game.

Any journalists looking in who are interested in how the shambles affects visiting fans?

Thought not.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
19-01-2018, 01:00 PM
I think we all know the answer to that question.

Seveno
19-01-2018, 01:00 PM
There's a real story here if they've done nothing to improve on this abysmal state of affairs since the last game.

Any journalists looking in who are interested in how the shambles affects visiting fans?

Thought not.

Yes, great story. Make it into a film - Six turnstile outside Tynecastle, Gorgie.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Yes, great story. Make it into a film - Six turnstile outside Tynecastle, Gorgie.At least it would be based on fact. Therein lies the problem.

GlesgaeHibby
19-01-2018, 01:04 PM
I think we all know the answer to that question.

Correct. Get down early if you want to get in. I was there half an hour before kick off last time and didn't get in until 5 minutes after the game started.

May be a little bit better with it being in the daylight - a severe lack of lighting didn't help matters last time.

PatHead
19-01-2018, 01:05 PM
I am guessing the answer is no then. Suppose they would have been claiming some triumph if they had done something about it.

yonder1875
19-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I'm just going to turn up an hour before kick off outside the stand to avoid missing the first 10 mins like last time.

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Yes, great story. Make it into a film - Six turnstile outside Tynecastle, Gorgie.

:greengrin

Diclonius
19-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Why would Hearts fix a problem which leads to a smaller (and quieter) Hibs support in the first 10 minutes of the game?

Since90+2
19-01-2018, 01:22 PM
At the last Derby we got to the turnstiles about 20 minutes before kickoff and was in to see the start of the game. No danger you will need to be there for a hour or so before KO to get in on time.

GreenCastle
19-01-2018, 02:08 PM
It's a shambles of a stadium - everyone knows that.

They still have 6 turnstiles and only positive is that it won't be pitch black this time as earlier kick off.

Ideally Hibs fans arrive early and get singing as the team warm up etc - plus the usual sing along in the concourse area can always be entertaining.

I would arrive early if you want to avoid any hassle getting in and missing the kick off. :agree:

Keith_M
19-01-2018, 02:30 PM
We only have 8 turnstyles for the South (away) Stand at ER.

Is there ever an issue getting in there? (genuine question, not a dig)

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Is there every an issue getting in there? (genuine question, not a dig)

I think there is. I had to park in the retail park before the derby and there were big queues to get in while the game had started (I was late).

Itsnoteasy
19-01-2018, 03:48 PM

Let's just say both Hibs & Hearts ends hold 3500 fans.
An extra 2 turnstiles will make a huge difference.
I don't know if you were at Tynecastle to witness the farce of trying to enter the stadium. We were herded in like sheep. The last time I felt like that was when Hibs played Oldham away in the 80s
At least at Easter Road you can form an orderly queue to gain access to the stadium.

Garymcl
19-01-2018, 04:43 PM
It's simple get there early get as many hibbys told about this it was pandemonium the last time get in early start singing from the minute we arrive till the end of game no matter how the game goes if nothing else we must make more noise than them Ggtth

greenginger
19-01-2018, 04:58 PM
The planning permission for the new stand contained exit and entry calculations for the whole ground ( they can be viewed on the planning department webpage. )

Planning permission was granted on the basis there would be 8 turnstiles for visiting supporters. There has been no variation of the planning permission with respect to the entry/exiting arrangements approved by the Council.

They have just changed things to save a few bob and the Council per usual turns a blind eye.

BoomtownHibees
19-01-2018, 05:00 PM

The ones at ER are far enough apart not to cause a mass of folk all congregating in the one small, unlit area, unlike what we face again on Sunday

Pretty Boy
19-01-2018, 05:02 PM

It's how small the area is that we are herded into that is the issue. The fact there is no lighting at all exasperated things at the last derby as well.

Keith_M
19-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Let's just say both Hibs & Hearts ends hold 3500 fans.
An extra 2 turnstiles will make a huge difference.
I don't know if you were at Tynecastle to witness the farce of trying to enter the stadium. We were herded in like sheep. The last time I felt like that was when Hibs played Oldham away in the 80s
At least at Easter Road you can form an orderly queue to gain access to the stadium.

I wasn't, but it didn't sound a very nice experience.

I suppose the difference at ER is that the approaches aren't too narrow and they're well lit.

Phil MaGlass
19-01-2018, 05:57 PM
In my day, 15 mins before ko we wid huv 4 pints a quick hauf.stop firra piss and still get intae the game on time. Not only do they kill silky fitba they also kill the enjoyment of a great day oot. Hertz bassas:greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Getting into the last match was a farce. Badly lit area and difficult to tell as you entered the 'garden shed minus the back partition' whether there would be a person in there waiting to take your ticket or if you had to self scan. Saw an opening to stick my ticket in it and hey presto I was in. Still reckon they don't actually have the scanning technology and there just a cardigan wearing Jambo kneeling down and making a beeping noise when he sees you stick your ticket in the gap. Yes cheap.

Skol
19-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Its not just the low number of turnstyles, but the way they are positioned that slows down access. When you get past the cordon people go for the first ones and a Q builds there and if you get past that the last 2 have no Qs. Poorly designed

Keith_M
19-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Its not just the low number of turnstyles, but the way they are positioned that slows down access. When you get past the cordon people go for the first ones and a Q builds there and if you get past that the last 2 have no Qs. Poorly designed

Been in the Wheatfield at Semi Finals and the access to the Turnstyles on that side is awful as well.

greenginger
19-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Still no new Certificate of temporary Occupation issued for the new stand. Last one expired on 19th November last year.

Still, there's always Saturday if the Council is paying overtime.

Hope enforcer Bob Paris doesn't find out, he might call the match off, or shut the grunts out of their own stand. :greengrin

PatHead
19-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Probably wait until we are 3-0 up after 15 minutes then close the stand abandoning the match.
Still no new Certificate of temporary Occupation issued for the new stand. Last one expired on 19th November last year.

Hope enforcer Bob Paris doesn't find out, he might call the match off, or shut the grunts out of their own stand. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2018, 08:25 PM
****hole full stop.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2018, 08:26 PM

Cheats, always have been always will be. **** them.