PDA

View Full Version : Derby in Edinburgh

The Pointer
19-01-2018, 12:05 PM
My daughter will be in Edinburgh at the weekend and wants to know where in the city centre will be OK for watching the game. She'll be heading back to Glasgow afterwards, hence her desire for a central location.

Any suggestions as to a relatively Jambo free pub as I haven't a clue these days?

NthCarolinaHibs
19-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Robbie's on Leith Walk for us.. 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

KWJ
19-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Has the Phoenix closed down yet?

Does the Greenmantle show derbies?

Lendo
19-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Phoenix is still open as far I'm aware. Relatively new owners have just come in.

Since90+2
19-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Cask and Barrell on Broughton Street is always a safe bet for football , about 5 or 6 TV's so you get a good view from anywhere in the pub. It will be mixed but with a majority of Hibbies.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Cask and Barrell on Broughton Street is always a safe bet for football , about 5 or 6 TV's so you get a good view from anywhere in the pub. It will be mixed but with a majority of Hibbies.Good shout and the one I'd recommend too for the same reasons. I often end up there just because of the choice and quality of the beer[emoji481]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
19-01-2018, 12:23 PM
If your daughter is travelling back to Glasgow by train,Leith Walk pubs would be the best bet.
City centre pubs will no doubt be mixed.
If she is getting the bus,possibly somewhere on the bus route/Roseburn/Murrayfield area pubs.
That is me assuming that the Roseburn and Murrayfield bar will be hosting mostly ticketless Hibernians.

I will be tuning in at a bowling club in Corstorphine.
It will be mixed,but mostly non aggressive pensioners !! :greengrin

Since90+2
19-01-2018, 12:24 PM
The Roseburn will empty before the game , wont be many Hibs fans in there to watch it.

KWJ
19-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Cask and Barrell on Broughton Street is always a safe bet for football , about 5 or 6 TV's so you get a good view from anywhere in the pub. It will be mixed but with a majority of Hibbies.

Would they have the sound on for a derby? Haven't whenever I've been for games including the CL final.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2018, 12:25 PM

It closed for a week or 2 but reopened under new owners pretty quickly.

Since90+2
19-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Cask & Barrell will have the sound on , they are always mobbed when the football is on , its one of the most popular pubs in that part of the city to watch games.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2018, 07:02 PM
If your daughter is travelling back to Glasgow by train,Leith Walk pubs would be the best bet.
City centre pubs will no doubt be mixed.
If she is getting the bus,possibly somewhere on the bus route/Roseburn/Murrayfield area pubs.
That is me assuming that the Roseburn and Murrayfield bar will be hosting mostly ticketless Hibernians.

I will be tuning in at a bowling club in Corstorphine.
It will be mixed,but mostly non aggressive pensioners !! :greengrin

The Murrayfield Bar has had a name change and gone a bit hipster. It didn't appear to be welcoming football last game although I'm sure it will throw its doors open to the 6Nations fun boys over the next month or so.

vuefrom1875
19-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Would they have the sound on for a derby? Haven't whenever I've been for games including the CL final.

Will be, if not just ask.

The Pointer
19-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like she's going to head for the Cask and Barrel to meet up with her big bro.

:aok:

trev the hat
19-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like she's going to head for the Cask and Barrel to meet up with her big bro.

:aok:

Good choice 👍

wpj
19-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Who has the Cask these days? Used to be Ricky Macari if my memory serves me well

WoreTheGreen
19-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Who has the Cask these days? Used to be Ricky Macari if my memory serves me well

Doyle

Lancs Harp
19-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Jinglin Geordie on Fleshmarket, raise a glass to George while you are in there. :thumbsup:

Deansy
19-01-2018, 09:20 PM

Guy that runs the Greenmantle just got Sky-Sports taken out - not the best of ideas but he's not over-fond of listening to his customers !!

The Pointer
19-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Jinglin Geordie on Fleshmarket, raise a glass to George while you are in there. :thumbsup:

Used to go to Jinglins back in the 70s. Didn't it have tiny wee bogs?

Hermit Crab
19-01-2018, 11:22 PM
Used to go to Jinglins back in the 70s. Didn't it have tiny wee bogs?

Still does!

lyonhibs
20-01-2018, 03:40 PM

That's where I'd be. Was there for the last one on the 27th, a good atmosphere, mixed fans and although it was rammed, bar service was reasonably quick.