PDA

View Full Version : Respect for Hibernian FC

Captain Trips
19-01-2018, 01:18 AM
You know what I'm sick of all this crap at my club of late. This is a brilliant club with brilliant facilities and great fans the club seems to pay as good a wage it can and generally will not stand in a players way if they wish to move on.

But ffs some of these players really need to just start respecting the club and it's fans. We are pushing for Europe here this isn't some diddy wee club here making up the numbers we are serious. Got one of the biggest matches of season coming up and we are getting hit with pish again.

Neil Lennon is the manager and if you do not like it then **** off. If you cannot behave yourself then **** off.

Your just ****ing this up for everyone. If we lose on Sunday then it's your fault. Get a grip of yourselves and start showing a club of this standing some respect. The club has shown faith and time in some players and they need to turn it in.

If your going to fanny about just hand in a transfer request please. Players like Lewis Stevenson just keep going up in my estimations on what attitude is all about.

Seething tonight.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2018, 02:32 AM
Merge admins?

You know what I'm sick of all this crap at my club of late. This is a brilliant club with brilliant facilities and great fans the club seems to pay as good a wage it can and generally will not stand in a players way if they wish to move on.

But ffs some of these players really need to just start respecting the club and it's fans. We are pushing for Europe here this isn't some diddy wee club here making up the numbers we are serious. Got one of the biggest matches of season coming up and we are getting hit with pish again.

Neil Lennon is the manager and if you do not like it then **** off. If you cannot behave yourself then **** off.

Your just ****ing this up for everyone. If we lose on Sunday then it's your fault. Get a grip of yourselves and start showing a club of this standing some respect. The club has shown faith and time in some players and they need to turn it in.

If your going to fanny about just hand in a transfer request please. Players like Lewis Stevenson just keep going up in my estimations on what attitude is all about.

Seething tonight.

yes Neil Lennon is the manager and I quote ...

So so why can’t some folks?
It’s almost like we don’t believe him or just want to continue to wade in.

Or or is it as Reeves & Mortimer say “you wouldn’t let it lie”

lyonhibs
19-01-2018, 07:11 AM

Seething tonight.

"Seething" Really?? Booze had been taken here one assumes? If Stokes' goes for the reasons being rumoured then that's disappointing but hey ho, this club is greater than any one man and we progress without him.

The starting XI on derby day will be fully focused on the task in hand. Let's not do that other classic fans' thing of making excuses in advance to shelter us from the concept of a loss ("off field distractions" "pitch was a tattie field" "Hearts are hammer throwers and the ref will let them do it" etc etc)

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2018, 07:34 AM
The standard is set by the manager, maybe they do what they want because he does?

Captain Trips
19-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Well maybe it's just me then.

oldbutdim
19-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Well maybe it's just me then.

No it isn't.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2018, 07:56 AM
I'm not going to slaughter the current squad. Over the last few years they have shown amazing character to bounce back time and time again. We are sitting 4th in the Premiership and playing in front of crowds not seen for decades and much of that is thanks to this group of players and others who have since moved on.

What has gone on in the last couple of weeks is disappointing but a few guys pushing the boundaries and getting caught is always going to happen, it's being dealt with and it's up to them to get on with things. If there's a bigger problem then Hibs will deal with that as well.

It's disappointing how things have panned out recently off field but it doesn't take away from what the guys have done on the park. If we win on Sunday most people will forget this ever happened.

Mainstandman
19-01-2018, 08:22 AM
I can see where your coming from but when you're managing anything you just can't keep chopping and changing when someone is not performing there best. A managers job is to turn that situation around not just get rid of someone and look for a ready made solution. A manger investing in players and bringing them to there full potential is how strong teams are developed in any walk of life.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2018, 12:44 PM
I get the OP's annoyance.

What has been brilliant about this club since a spiral of decline lead to our relegation has been the new ethos brought into the club from game one day one of our first season in the championship. Way above the style of football we have played or the individual players we have signed has been the massive turn around in attitude and team spirit.

It has been that new attitude which has taken the club to two cup finals, finally winning the Scottish cup and which has returned us to the premiership. It has been that new attitude which has for the first time since the 70s had us going into derby matches knowing we can win, rather than the feeling of the past of almost resignation that we would probably lose. It has been that new attitude which has lead to the highest average attendances at Easter Road in 40 years. It has been that attitude which enables folk like me to justifiably claim that whatever has caused a defeat on the park a lack of effort from the players wasn't the reason. Off days, yes ..... days where the luck went against us, yes .... a lack of collective effort, never.

Since the day I was born in 1960 this club has won 4 ( Four !!! ) major trophies .... that's one every 14 and a quarter years. If you want to put the full polish on that statistic look at it like this, since 1960 we have entered 171 domestic competitions and won 4 times, that's once in every 42 attempts. In that time we have been relegated twice.
Does anybody think that for the club claiming to be the 4th biggest in Scotland that that is acceptable? We should be and need to be far better than that and for the first time in decades we have people at the club who seem to agree with that sentiment. The way they have stated they will change that less than brilliant record is by changing the attitude at the club, with the absolutely central element being PROFESSIONALISM.

We no longer have room for maverick geniuses who bring the maverick and forget to be a genius. We no longer have room for passengers on or off the park and that even extends to players suffering from bad luck rather than a bad attitude, just ask Jordan Forster, a guy who gave his all on the park and clearly had ability, but just couldn't get over his injury jinx, its no coincidence that he is gone.

The way I look at it is this. I'm going to be 60 years old in two years time and its open to debate how much time I have left in the locker to see this club win more trophies. In view of that I have far less tolerance for anybody on or off the park whose behaviour or 'bad luck' makes it less likely that I will see Hibs win things or qualify for Europe.

We have a state of affairs at the moment where we have some players failing to act in the professional manner rightly demanded of them by this club, on the back of which we have rumours ( which I genuinely hope are not true ) that the actions of these players is starting to cause a bit of resentment amongst their colleagues .... even worse if it is the case, as has been stated by other posters on here, that in their eyes some players are being given more leeway by the manager than others when it comes to being late for training for example.

So I absolutely back the OP on this ............ Forget intangible hard to pin down throw away lines like 'Hibs class' and replace them with the only thing that's going to get this club to the heights and position in this country its potential should take it to:

RESPECT THIS CLUB ... RESPECT THE GUYS WHO MANAGE AND PLAY WITH YOU ... AND MOST OF ALL RESPECT THE FOLK WHO GO TO THE TIME, EFFORT AND EXPENSE TO BACK YOU FROM THE STANDS.

IF YOU CANT OR WONT THEN GET TAE **** !!!

cleanyman
19-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I agree with the OP sentiments.

However, win on Sunday and all is forgotten. We MUST win.

lyonhibs
19-01-2018, 12:56 PM

What has been brilliant about this club since a spiral of decline lead to our relegation has been the new ethos brought into the club from game one day one of our first season in the championship. Way above the style of football we have played or the individual players we have signed has been the massive turn around in attitude and team spirit.

It has been that new attitude which has taken the club to two cup finals, finally winning the Scottish cup and which has returned us to the premiership. It has been that new attitude which has for the first time since the 70s had us going into derby matches knowing we can win, rather than the feeling of the past of almost resignation that we would probably lose. It has been that new attitude which has lead to the highest average attendances at Easter Road in 40 years. It has been that attitude which enables folk like me to justifiably claim that whatever has caused a defeat on the park a lack of effort from the players wasn't the reason. Off days, yes ..... days where the luck went against us, yes .... a lack of collective effort, never.

Since the day I was born in 1960 this club has won 4 ( Four !!! ) major trophies .... that's one every 14 and a quarter years. If you want to put the full polish on that statistic look at it like this, since 1960 we have entered 171 domestic competitions and won 4 times, that's once in every 42 attempts. In that time we have been relegated twice.
Does anybody think that for the club claiming to be the 4th biggest in Scotland that that is acceptable? We should be and need to be far better than that and for the first time in decades we have people at the club who seem to agree with that sentiment. The way they have stated they will change that less than brilliant record is by changing the attitude at the club, with the absolutely central element being PROFESSIONALISM.

We no longer have room for maverick geniuses who bring the maverick and forget to be a genius. We no longer have room for passengers on or off the park and that even extends to players suffering from bad luck rather than a bad attitude, just ask Jordan Forster, a guy who gave his all on the park and clearly had ability, but just couldn't get over his injury jinx, its no coincidence that he is gone.

The way I look at it is this. I'm going to be 60 years old in two years time and its open to debate how much time I have left in the locker to see this club win more trophies. In view of that I have far less tolerance for anybody on or off the park whose behaviour or 'bad luck' makes it less likely that I will see Hibs win things or qualify for Europe.

We have a state of affairs at the moment where we have some players failing to act in the professional manner rightly demanded of them by this club, on the back of which we have rumours ( which I genuinely hope are not true ) that the actions of these players is starting to cause a bit of resentment amongst their colleagues .... even worse if it is the case, as has been stated by other posters on here, that in their eyes some players are being given more leeway by the manager than others when it comes to being late for training for example.

So I absolutely back the OP on this ............ Forget intangible hard to pin down throw away lines like 'Hibs class' and replace them with the only thing that's going to get this club to the heights and position in this country its potential should take it to:

RESPECT THIS CLUB ... RESPECT THE GUYS WHO MANAGE AND PLAY WITH YOU ... AND MOST OF ALL RESPECT THE FOLK WHO GO TO THE TIME, EFFORT AND EXPENSE TO BACK YOU FROM THE STANDS.

I often read, back when we were really *****, that "the 80's were bad but at least the players gave 100% and cared".

Now the 80's were, as you will be infinitely more aware than me, statistically dreadful. Barely even got to Hampden etc etc. But the players all apparently cared and thus misty eyed nostalgia filled fond memories all round.

Give me a maverick genius or 2 in amongst the honest grafters any day. This sentiment obviously doesn't extend to repeated and egregious breaches of club discipline, but there's a lot of "very big storm in a - at most - medium sized teacup" about all this.

Wait until we win on Sunday. This kerfuffle won't even register in our collective memory.

CockneyRebel
19-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Can't argue with any of that NN.

CockneyRebel
19-01-2018, 01:03 PM
I often read, back when we were really *****, that "the 80's were bad but at least the players gave 100% and cared".

Now the 80's were, as you will be infinitely more aware than me, statistically dreadful. Barely even got to Hampden etc etc. But the players all apparently cared and wasn't that great.

Give me a maverick genius or 2 in amongst the honest grafters any day. This sentiment obviously doesn't extend to repeated and egregious breaches of club discipline, but there's a lot of "very big storm in a - at most - medium sized teacup" about all this.

Wait until we win on Sunday. This kerfuffle won't even register in our collective memory.

If we win 5 - 0 on Sunday and Stokes, Swanson and Boyle all play well and score, I would be over the moon, but this "kerfuffle" wwould still be registering in my memory. Maverick genius or 2 - yeah they are welcome - grown men acting like teenage delinquents, get tae.

Captain Trips
19-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Agreed NN.

SRHibs
19-01-2018, 01:30 PM
I expect the players to present a unified front on Sunday, play as a team, and **** the Hearts 3-0.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2018, 01:37 PM
I expect the players to present a unified front on Sunday, play as a team, and **** the Hearts 3-0.

It certainly worked for Hearts during the latter Romanov years. We'd be convinced because of all that was going on off the park that they would fall apart in the derby. Generally they came out with a point to prove and got the job done.

We are a better team with or without Stokes and I expect pir attitide to be spot on. 1-2 Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2018, 01:40 PM

Now the 80's were, as you will be infinitely more aware than me, statistically dreadful. Barely even got to Hampden etc etc. But the players all apparently cared and thus misty eyed nostalgia filled find memories all round.

No misty eyed recollection of the 80s here mate, they were mostly dreadful with loads of players who lacked ability and who gave no more effort than the teams who followed them in the 90s and 00s. You could argue though that they went through a decade where not only did you have the Old Firm to contend with but two other clubs going through the best periods in their history in Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

If you look at my posts you will note that I have no problem with maverick geniuses, Hibs could have done with a few more of them over the years. What I have a problem with is maverick geniuses who don't bring it on the park. Look at George Best .... it might have been with tears running down their cheeks, but Man Utd still handed him his P45 when his contribution on the park was outweighed by his antics off it.

Stokes could be propping up the bar at the 4 in hand till midnight every evening and wake up with a different woman, or man for that matter, every morning and rock up to East Mains half an hour after training has started for all I care so long as he was getting me off my seat every other Saturday.

The evidence of this season is that if we beat the Yams this Sunday it will far more likely be in spite of Anthony Stokes than what he has contributed on the park .... I would love, absolutely love, to be proved wrong, but as things stand its looking more likely that he wont play at all than rock up with a couple of goals and no one is sadder about that than me.