PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours (Hibs only)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Diclonius
17-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Thread for Hibs transfer news only, who Hearts might/might not/might sign can stay on the other thread.

RoxburghHibs
17-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Any confirmation if it was true that Stevie Mallan had been shown round EM yesterday?

Hibbyradge
17-01-2018, 11:41 AM
:tumble:

essexhibee
17-01-2018, 11:44 AM
:tumble:

My sentiments exactly...zero excitement this Jan.

JimboHibs
17-01-2018, 11:48 AM

We've aready signed 2 on loan ? If we announced them 2day folk would be pissing their pants with excitement.

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Think our business is done

GillyHibee
17-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Apart from Mclaren, there's nothing. Not even any rumours. Strange this year :confused:

Ringothedog
17-01-2018, 11:52 AM

I dont

truehibernian
17-01-2018, 11:53 AM

It's a notoriously tricky window which is reliant on a number of factors. I wouldn't be too despondent - I'm pretty sure we will have at least 2 more new faces in soon. Fourth in the league, playing good football, derby this weekend to hopefully go 10 in a row :aok: I'm maybe easy pleased but it's been exciting being a Hibs fan for the last 3 years :agree: I'm really looking forward to watching Jamie MacLaren too !

CropleyWasGod
17-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Apart from Mclaren, there's nothing. Not even any rumours. Strange this year :confused:

It's not that strange.

IIRC, there was a potential deal last year that fell through because the possibility of it was leaked. If that's the case, you can be sure that the club will be tighter than a duck's arse this year.

We will hear about things when they happen.

Hibeewilly
17-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Rumours of Tim Cahill obviously doing the rounds...could be legs in that

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-01-2018, 11:54 AM
We're sitting 4th

The squad assembled isn't doing too bad in our first season back in the top flight

Creative midfielder would be nice, although not sure who, or even where they would play

essexhibee
17-01-2018, 11:56 AM
We've aready signed 2 on loan ? If we announced them 2day folk would be pissing their pants with excitement.

Bain a backup goalie is hardly exciting. Maclaren possibly...but hes not someone with a stellar career to get excited about IMO.

GillyHibee
17-01-2018, 11:57 AM
It's not that strange.

IIRC, there was a potential deal last year that fell through because the possibility of it was leaked. If that's the case, you can be sure that the club will be tighter than a duck's arse this year.

We will hear about things when they happen.

Even then, there are normally rumours, albeit most times that is what they are and remain, but this time round we've been linked with no-one. I get that its all hush hush but it dead :sairhead:

hibsbollah
17-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Unseen work.

JimboHibs
17-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Bain a backup goalie is hardly exciting. Maclaren possibly...but hes not someone with a stellar career to get excited about IMO.

FFS lets's bin the both of them then before they've even kicked a ball.

Scottie
17-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Some people on here say his legs are gone :dunno:

neil7908
17-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Absolutely no need for panic. We've brought in two players very early like we always say we want to.

Lennon has said he's happy with the core of his squad and I agree. It's important that if we bring anyone in now they are better than we have and will be able to push us to the next level.

We have some gaps in the squad but there are still two weeks left and I'd rather we wait to get the right players, even if that means waiting until summer.

delbert
17-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Which is crazy considering we have one fit full back in Stevenson, seen plenty of the Development squad and nobody, including Crane, is ready to take a step up. From a purely pragmatic point of view, I cannot see how our business this transfer window can possibly be done !

mentalhibee
17-01-2018, 12:14 PM

I reckon Bain will be here to be more than a back up goalie. Not long ago he was in the Scotland squad and being tipped to sign for Celtic so I would say he’s a pretty exciting signing.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Any confirmation if it was true that Stevie Mallan had been shown round EM yesterday?

He wasn't.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:18 PM

He's on his way to Millwall.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:20 PM
My only concern at this moment is something that was pointed out in one of the Swanson posts.

The 2 players we have brought in so far have been offered to us by agents for players needing to move. It doesn't seem that players are being specifically sounded out to do a job in an area of weakness instead it's the kind of sign a player because he's available mentality we had in the summer. I hope there's some kind of plan going on in the background.

truehibernian
17-01-2018, 12:24 PM
My only concern at this moment is something that was pointed out in one of the Swanson posts.

The 2 players we have brought in so far have been offered to us by agents for players needing to move. It doesn't seem that players are being specifically sounded out to do a job in an area of weakness instead it's the kind of sign a player because he's available mentality we had in the summer. I hope there's some kind of plan going on in the background.

We wanted MacLaren before he signed for his German club :agree: Bain is a very good and easy choice to make given Ross Laidlaw's injury. Proven at the level we are at, knows some of the players, can settle into the squad nicely without needing weeks to 'bed in'.

I'm certain we have at least 2 coming in :aok:

JimboHibs
17-01-2018, 12:24 PM

It doesn't concern me that we picked up a goalie of Bain' s ability because he needed to move on ....Maclaren can't comment on as I've never seen enough to make a judgement.

where'stheslope
17-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Best bit of transfer news so far is "no bids for McGinn"!!!!!

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:27 PM
]We wanted MacLaren before he signed for his German club[/B] :agree: Bain is a very good and easy choice to make given Ross Laidlaw's injury. Proven at the level we are at, knows some of the players, can settle into the squad nicely without needing weeks to 'bed in'.

I'm certain we have at least 2 coming in :aok:

True. He was offered around though.

Bain is a very good goalie I would agree also, it's just a bit of signing them because they are there though instead of scouting the market for players we urgently require.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:29 PM
It doesn't concern me that we picked up a goalie of Bain' s ability because he needed to move on ....Maclaren can't comment on as I've never seen enough to make a judgement.

That's not the point I was trying to make sorry. The point was these guys came in because they where offered to us. I would like to see us bring in players that have been scouted and identified to make a significant contribution to the first team which doesn't seem to be the case either in this window or the summer gone.

Johnny_Leith
17-01-2018, 12:33 PM

What are you expecting? 43 goals in 61 games for Brisbane, hardly a look in at darmstadt but that's not an indication of his ability.

Don't really know what else you're expecting when we've signed a current international and a keeper who's been in the Scotland squad in recent years.

I get folk get a bit antsy without hearing rumours but the club is quite right to tighten up any leaks.

Have some faith we are exploring the right options, generally under LD recruitment has been positive and a lack of rumours is no indication at the clubs transfer policy or strategy.

calumhibee1
17-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Were half way through and we signed a striker who scored about 0.8 goals a game last time he was playing regularly and is an international.

We’ve also signed a very good goalie.

I’m quite happy with our business so far to be honest.

We’ve also as it stands still got McGinn which must be our biggest priority.

Thecat23
17-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Nope.

Scott Allan Key
17-01-2018, 12:36 PM

It’s that kind of window, unsettled players or journeymen, we’d be lucky to get decent players, unless they have had difficulty in their current club. I noted McLaren mentioned ‘players speaking English’ as a positive here and, perhaps the culture shock, as an Aussie-Scot, was not quite what he was used to in Germany.

The_Horde
17-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Hearts are signing naismith.

Albanian Hibs
17-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Hearts are signing naismith.

Wrong thread 🙄

truehibernian
17-01-2018, 12:41 PM
True. He was offered around though.

Bain is a very good goalie I would agree also, it's just a bit of signing them because they are there though instead of scouting the market for players we urgently require.

The main scouting is done with next season in mind (in my opinion) and that takes place continually. This window you are looking to strengthen areas where we could do with 'extra', or to cover injuries - agents and clubs will constantly try and off load unwanted players this window to free up cash. Many are wanting promotion, trying to avoid relegation, cash strapped, etc.

At the level we are at, we are always going to be offered more players that other clubs don't want (or want off their books), rather than 'scouting' players (for this window). The job that GM and his team have to do is due diligence when and if we are offered players who may add quality to the squad. I'm really happy with the squad we have, the only slight concern is lack of full back cover / competition.

yonder1875
17-01-2018, 12:45 PM
He wasn't.

Are you just saying that because this move seems unlikely or because you actually know he wasn't there yesterday?

Sammy7nil
17-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Unseen work.

Is Brian Hamilton still playing :greengrin

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:46 PM
It’s that kind of window, unsettled players or journeymen, we’d be lucky to get decent players, unless they have had difficulty in their current club. I noted McLaren mentioned ‘players speaking English’ as a positive here and, perhaps the culture shock, as an Aussie-Scot, was not quite what he was used to in Germany.

The main scouting is done with next season in mind (in my opinion) and that takes place continually. This window you are looking to strengthen areas where we could do with 'extra', or to cover injuries - agents and clubs will constantly try and off load unwanted players this window to free up cash. Many are wanting promotion, trying to avoid relegation, cash strapped, etc.

At the level we are at, we are always going to be offered more players that other clubs don't want (or want off their books), rather than 'scouting' players (for this window). The job that GM and his team have to do is due diligence when and if we are offered players who may add quality to the squad. I'm really happy with the squad we have, the only slight concern is lack of full back cover / competition.

Fair enough guys, not a major concern by all accounts just something that I hope isn't a continuous trend going into the summer. :aok:

macca70
17-01-2018, 12:47 PM
He's on his way to Millwall.

I read that yesterday too but apparently he’s now.

Still possible that he will end up at Hibs or Hearts

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Are you just saying that because this move seems unlikely or because you actually know he wasn't there yesterday?

He's not been anywhere near the training ground as far as I'm led to believe. Barnsley won't be loaning him neither.

Captain Trips
17-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Perhaps a few things had been dependent on a SJM being sold or kept as at start of season it looked likely we would lose him in this window we'll that's what I thought.

hibbyfraelibby
17-01-2018, 12:51 PM
I've heard it rumoured that someone is about to start a rumour...

Geo_1875
17-01-2018, 12:52 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-hoping-to-strengthen-his-attack-1-4662706

Anybody any idea who the players Lennon was talking about might be?

Cat Stanton
17-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Nope.

Do say more...

Oscar T Grouch
17-01-2018, 01:17 PM
The problem with Hibs is they don't let many cats out of the bag. However GC and LD have both been on record as saying they are always looking at players and plan 3 windows in advance, anticipating departures as well as youth development promotions. Marry that with Lennon saying he has a few irons in the fire but now it may depend on players leaving before any new signings and that sort of gives us the full picture in this window. I think it is obvious that they're trying to push big Dave out and if he goes we will see another signing. We have had two youth players recalled from loans too. I see us maybe signing one more player and if SJM leaves which is still a possibility then we can expect another one once he's away. NL has stated he is happy with the core of his squad, we do however lack a bit of depth now, which hopefully one or two new signings would help with. This could end up being a quiet thread. :greengrin

ancient hibee
17-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Any club coming in for McGinn is going to either be a club in difficulties or one that thinks he can be bought cheaply in this window.Don’t think either of these scenarios suit him or Hibs.

truehibernian
17-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Any club coming in for McGinn is going to either be a club in difficulties or one that thinks he can be bought cheaply in this window.Don’t think either of these scenarios suit him or Hibs.

I still think West Ham will bid towards the end of the window (for SJM).

Zazu62
17-01-2018, 01:20 PM
When does Mcginns contract run out?

Oscar T Grouch
17-01-2018, 01:21 PM
When does Mcginns contract run out?

Next summer

mjhibby
17-01-2018, 01:24 PM

Every player who wants a move has his agent working for him. Bain had to get away from Dundee and to me is a cracking piece of business knowing that should Rocky's firm dip we have a tremendous back up. Mclaren was on our radar before and is just the kind of player we have been looking for and looks a good signing. I don't know what people expect in this transfer window but I'd be happy if everything stayed as it is now bar maybe a promising rb to cover grays absence.

mjhibby
17-01-2018, 01:27 PM
I still think West Ham will bid towards the end of the window (for SJM).

Doubt it unless we have a replacement lined up. He won't go unless everything falls into place. We don't need the transfer to fee right now unlike before and sjm has an old head on young shoulders and will only go if the deal suits all parties.

Delboy4
17-01-2018, 01:28 PM
I would imagine Lennon and the board will be on the lookout for one or two midfielders just in case SJM & Dylan decide to move on in this window. If a club come in for McGinn we have to have a contingency plan to replace him.
If we get to keep him in this window, I’m happy that no other transfers happen apart from a RB to cover Gray.

SRHibs
17-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Doubt it unless we have a replacement lined up. He won't go unless everything falls into place. We don't need the transfer to fee right now unlike before and sjm has an old head on young shoulders and will only go if the deal suits all parties.

If it’s a decent-ish offer then it will definitely be accepted. No way does the board risk having to sell him for the pennies if he’s left with a year or less on his contract.

Greenworld
17-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Next summer18 months

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Aim Here
17-01-2018, 02:11 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-hoping-to-strengthen-his-attack-1-4662706

Anybody any idea who the players Lennon was talking about might be?

The other transfer thread had sightings of Lennon on the plane to Belfast yesterday, coupled with news that Crusaders' right-winger Gavin Whyte was being looked at by a bunch of teams. Since Crusaders were scheduled to play yesterday (postponed due to weather), the theory would be that NL was going there to check the boy out.

It's all circumstantial put-two-and-two-together-to-make-five hypothesizing, but what's the point of a 'rumours' thread if you can't *start* a few rumours?

NAE NOOKIE
17-01-2018, 02:23 PM

Its not a case of not needing the money. I highly doubt SJM will sign another contract at Hibs, he has more than repaid us for bringing him to the fore in Scottish football, but he knows that the time is close where he has to look at the future.

That being the case Hibs would not turn down any offer north of two million quid and leave us open to the distinct possibility of getting nothing later on. I can absolutely guarantee you that even though I have never even met John McGinn the last thing on his mind will be how it will suit Hibs if an English premiership club came in for him ... being a nice lad with a sensible head on his shoulders isn't the same thing as being so stupid he would turn down the chance of a lifetime. If Hibs were to stand in the way of that we would have one very unhappy player on our hands.

If we can keep him until the summer, great. What we need now is without doubt cover at right back and hopefully an attacking midfield player. Probably more important than that is torturing Dylan McGeouch until he uses the fingers we have left unbroken in the process to hold the pen that signs his new contract.

woodyhfc4892
17-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Ryan Williamson of Dunfermline being linked to us by Tam McManus on Twitter..

Souter96Mac
17-01-2018, 02:40 PM

Haven't heard of him before, but we do need cover there. Will trust Lenny in his judgement if this is true.

adhibs
17-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Haven't heard of him before, but we do need cover there. Will trust Lenny in his judgement if this is true.

Hadnt heard of him either. Seems hes in the Scotland u21 squad and Derby have watched him.

Ardenttwo
17-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Thread for Hibs transfer news only, who Hearts might/might not/might sign can stay on the other thread.

Thank you. At least some semblance of interest to us Hibees

Ardenttwo
17-01-2018, 03:00 PM

If we get beat on Sunday just watch this forum. If no signings this place will go into meltdown

JimboHibs
17-01-2018, 03:05 PM
If we get beat on Sunday just watch this forum. If no signings this place will go into meltdown

Of course it will,win and it will be a ****fest.... thing is it's just a forum that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Thecat23
17-01-2018, 03:08 PM
We won’t lose on Sunday though.

JimboHibs
17-01-2018, 03:10 PM

I'm 100% behind that player by player ours are better regardless off a new signing or not.

JeMeSouviens
17-01-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm 100% behind that player by player ours are better regardless off a new signing or not.

Apart from Neymarsmith obv. :rolleyes:

Iain G
17-01-2018, 03:33 PM

21 year old right back with nearly 100 games to his name, good experience for a player at that age and the position has become a problem area for us all of a sudden.

Springbank
17-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Hear hear.

Hearts end of season party for the third year in a row, and nearly 60 years since hearts won a Scottish Cup derby at tynecastle- our happiest hunting ground in this competition

CorrieHibs
17-01-2018, 03:43 PM

I love your confidence.

We are now going into derbies with such a belief nowadays.

They think they've won this cause they've signed Naismith!!

Edinburgh Green
17-01-2018, 03:46 PM

We were interested in him either last year or year before.

Tornadoes70
17-01-2018, 04:38 PM

It would be nothing like as mental on their forums if they get beat on Sunday. We've had a terrific run unbeaten in nine with having humped them out the SC two seasons in a row and having broken the hoodoo at the same time on the way.

It would finish them off while we would be gutted granted but I'd still be proud of the run we've had.

In any case I think we will prevail and there will be tears at hearts being broken once more down at the piggery.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Famous Fiver
17-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Best transfer rumour so far is no rumour.

Haven't heard a peep about McGinn being away before Sunday, which was a worry when the draw was made.

JimBHibees
17-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Best transfer rumour so far is no rumour.

Haven't heard a peep about McGinn being away before Sunday, which was a worry when the draw was made.

Tend to agree. Personally think he will leave this window however he is a huge asset at present and loves these games so we want him to play Sunday that is for sure.

JohnMcM
17-01-2018, 04:49 PM

On the other hand, because this is the third year in a row we've had them at their place, if we win, do we get to keep them?

HoboHarry
17-01-2018, 04:52 PM
On the other hand, because this is the third year in a row we've had them at their place, if we win, do we get to keep them?
Keep them? Would you want them in your neighbourhood?

Tornadoes70
17-01-2018, 04:55 PM

:faf:

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Sioux
17-01-2018, 04:56 PM
We're sitting 4th

The squad assembled isn't doing too bad in our first season back in the top flight

Creative midfielder would be nice, although not sure who, or even where they would play

So you've not got a clue?

Ardenttwo
17-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Totally agree on our players being better but we have a tattle park to play on which levels things out

JohnMcM
17-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm? On second thoughts........

GordonHFC
17-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Would we want to keep them?

Berwickhibby
17-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Really good young right back, pacy however not long back after leg break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Which is crazy considering we have one fit full back in Stevenson, seen plenty of the Development squad and nobody, including Crane, is ready to take a step up. From a purely pragmatic point of view, I cannot see how our business this transfer window can possibly be done !Because it isn't so stop panicking...just coz 1 poster says it is...doesn't mean that is the case. Did you read our managers comments in the press yesterday??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2018, 05:12 PM
If we get beat on Sunday just watch this forum. If no signings this place will go into meltdownThis place goes into meltdown when we lose a friendly in the Algarve so hardly a shock. I find it's best avoided if we lose

Aldo
17-01-2018, 05:14 PM
I think we have to realise it's easy to bring in 3, 4 or even 5 mediocre players during this window and we have done in the past.

We are now trying to bring in the right type and quality which is never easy in this window as teams tend to want to hold onto their better players.

We should however only add a few in the Jan window to complement what we already have and that for me is what NL is doing.

If we ship out a few we may see a few more but we have some decent quality and with the standards set we should only add if they are at the same level or better

Ryan69
17-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Think your only allowed 2 loan signings.

Or am I making that up?

Vault Boy
17-01-2018, 05:18 PM

Or am I making that up?

You're making that up. :wink:

JimBHibees
17-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Really good young right back, pacy however not long back after leg break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think his leg break was a couple of years back. Seems to have played all of the games this season.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=71187&season_id=150

Fife-Hibee
17-01-2018, 05:20 PM
It'll be all tears and snotters over on sickboak at this time on Sunday should be great reading 🤣 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

hibbyfraelibby
17-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Or am I making that up?

Types of loan in Scottish football

There are three types of loan deals in Scottish football: the standard loan, the development loan and an emergency loan.

A standard loan can only take place from one transfer window until the next. If a player moves in January, the terms of the temporary transfer must last until the opening of the summer window.

A development loan, as the name suggests, is for younger players and allows some flexibility.

The player can, in some circumstances, continue to play in the Development League or Challenge Cup for his parent club as well as playing first team football for the club he is been loaned to.

The emergency loan is similar to the standard loan but can be used outside of the transfer window.

So what is considered to be an emergency?
An emergency loan is not just for an injury crisis. In fact, there is nothing in the rules stating any special criteria for a club to be eligible to use it. It is just a normal loan that doesn't take place in a transfer window and through until the next one opens.

Can any club use this then?
No. Emergency loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League One or League Two.

How long is an emergency loan allowed to be?
It has a minimum term of 28 days and a maximum of 93 days.

How many loan players are a club allowed in a season?
There are quite a few restrictions on how many loan players, what type of loan and who they can be loaned from.

A club cannot have more than four players on loan at any one time (excluding development loans)

Clubs cannot have more than one player over the age of 21 on loan at the same time

In any one season, there cannot be more than two players over the age of 21 on loan

Clubs can only loan one player at a time from a single club in the same division

Clubs cannot loan more than two players at a time from a club in another division

There is a maximum of three players from any one club allowed on loan, including development loans

Is there a maximum amount of combined loans?
Yes. Between July 1 and June 30 of the following year a club can only have five players on loan, whether standard or emergency loans.

What about players on loan from clubs outside Scotland?
These are not technically loans and so do not count towards the limits. They are international transfers with a return date so a club can take as many of those players as they wish.

In summary you are half right or is it half wrong😁

crash
17-01-2018, 05:36 PM
21 year old right back with nearly 100 games to his name, good experience for a player at that age and the position has become a problem area for us all of a sudden.

Cup Tied with Dunfermline I think.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Hmm, seems legit [emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/01516524cd9905624e07e9bfed2005f0.jpg

Ryan69
17-01-2018, 05:49 PM
You're making that up. :wink:

Glad to hear that... :)

Hermit Crab
17-01-2018, 06:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/89e9952e26199b33f3ade2d83c338fc4.jpg

stevie-bee
17-01-2018, 06:21 PM

Think they have the team muddled up

Vault Boy
17-01-2018, 06:21 PM

For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't a real Tweet.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Naismith is *****. Dinnae want him.

Stuart93
17-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Interesting to note that ryan Williamson has liked Tam Mcmanus' tweet regarding him coming to hibs

Hibbyradge
17-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Despite what Neil Lennon said?

Souter96Mac
17-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Interesting to note that ryan Williamson has liked Tam Mcmanus' tweet regarding him coming to hibs

Seen there was a journo article earlier in the season saying that Derby County were interested in him. As I said, don't know much but sounds positive.

Is It On....
17-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Is Brian Hamilton still playing :greengrin

Aw naw...his name brings shivers to me..although we did sell him to our neighbours which makes it less bad😎

yonder1875
17-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Some Hibs twitter page has tweeted that we've signed Will Vaulks. I guess it's not true but he'd be a sound addition.

Diclonius
17-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Gee, these fake transfer tweets are bloody hilarious. Keep the epic bantz flowing, lads.

Smartie
17-01-2018, 08:51 PM

I've wanted us to sign him for years - surprised he's still at the Pars.

Cracking player.

Unseen work
17-01-2018, 08:56 PM
I've wanted us to sign him for years - surprised he's still at the Pars.

Cracking player.

What sort of player is he?

You would think that as he linked the tweet there is something in it and he wants to come

Stuart93
17-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Gee, these fake transfer tweets are bloody hilarious. Keep the epic bantz flowing, lads.

The Tam McManus one is real

The Leith Dutch
17-01-2018, 08:57 PM

If as the post this replies to suggests it's West Ham I'd be surprised if McGinn rejected it.

West Ham looking better and with a chance of staying up, Scottish manager and reasonable chance to force his way into a team in the EPL.
It's an excellent opportunity for him - in many ways better than going for a Championship club in the promotion hunt as those teams very often dump a fair few of the guys that got them to the Premiership to roll the dice on some new players.

And while we don't need a fee right now McGinn wanting to go would likely leave us little choice if there was a couple of million on the offer.

bingo70
17-01-2018, 08:59 PM

You would think that as he linked the tweet there is something in it and he wants to come

Had a look at a Dunfermline forum and they are raving about his attacking play. Apparently a bit suspect defensively and a bit inconsistent but overall a great prospect.

They’re talking about us signing him for £100-150k with a sell on fee. I’d be surprised if we paid as much as that.

stevie-bee
17-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Had a look at a Dunfermline forum and they are raving about his attacking play. Apparently a bit suspect defensively and a bit inconsistent but overall a great prospect.

They’re talking about us signing him for £100-150k with a sell on fee. I’d be surprised if we paid as much as that.
Spoke to a guy who watches Dunfermline games ,
Said he is decent going forward gets to the byeline but his delivery is terrible, doesn’t like to tackle but is very fast

Souter96Mac
17-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Vaulks would be a decent signing. Still st Rovrum?

BarneyHibby
17-01-2018, 09:22 PM
We are not interested in Will Vaulks. It's just another fake from this twitter account: https://twitter.com/HibernianFans/status/953703347948793857

Souter96Mac
17-01-2018, 09:23 PM
We are not interested in Will Vaulks. It's just another fake from this twitter account: https://twitter.com/HibernianFans/status/953703347948793857

:'(

Smartie
17-01-2018, 09:43 PM

He often looked to me to be a winger playing at right back. Good on the ball, quick, excellent dribbler. Not seen much of him to know about his distribution or defensive qualities but he looked to me to be a huge threat gliding forward in possession.

It may even have been the "Calum Booth seagull" friendly a few years ago but I remember seeing a big marauding run starting down near his own corner flag (on the right, near us) and thought "who is he"?

Ozyhibby
17-01-2018, 10:34 PM
He often looked to me to be a winger playing at right back. Good on the ball, quick, excellent dribbler. Not seen much of him to know about his distribution or defensive qualities but he looked to me to be a huge threat gliding forward in possession.

It may even have been the "Calum Booth seagull" friendly a few years ago but I remember seeing a big marauding run starting down near his own corner flag (on the right, near us) and thought "who is he"?

Doubt it he only 21. Booth seagull incident was a while ago now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
17-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Doubt it he only 21. Booth seagull incident was a while ago now.

He came on as a sub on 65 minutes according to this

https://youngpars.co.uk/story.php?ID=3045&CATEGORY=7-Match Reports

He'll be 22 in a few weeks and that match was 3 and a half years ago :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Has anyone tried to get Craig Sibbald from Falkirk yet? He had potential but it’s all gone a bit quiet recently.

basehibby
18-01-2018, 12:18 AM

I doubt Lennon will be thinking the same - think he might be in the market for a full back on loan til the summer for one thing.

I think we are in the positive situation of having a fairly settled squad and therefore not being under pressure to gamble on the limited mid-season market. That doesn't rule out Lennon making a late move if someone is available that can make a real difference though.

snooky
18-01-2018, 12:41 AM
Said he is decent going forward gets to the byeline but his delivery is terrible, doesn’t like to tackle but is very fast

Poor deliverer? Just what we need. :wink:
Doesn't like to tackle, or can't tackle? :hmmm:

Dunfyhibee
18-01-2018, 12:49 AM

Having seen the pars a few times this season I totally agree with this, still young and improving to do so may be a worthwhile signing in a position we need to take action in.

basehibby
18-01-2018, 12:51 AM
Types of loan in Scottish football

There are three types of loan deals in Scottish football: the standard loan, the development loan and an emergency loan.

A standard loan can only take place from one transfer window until the next. If a player moves in January, the terms of the temporary transfer must last until the opening of the summer window.

A development loan, as the name suggests, is for younger players and allows some flexibility.

The player can, in some circumstances, continue to play in the Development League or Challenge Cup for his parent club as well as playing first team football for the club he is been loaned to.

The emergency loan is similar to the standard loan but can be used outside of the transfer window.

So what is considered to be an emergency?
An emergency loan is not just for an injury crisis. In fact, there is nothing in the rules stating any special criteria for a club to be eligible to use it. It is just a normal loan that doesn't take place in a transfer window and through until the next one opens.

Can any club use this then?
No. Emergency loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League One or League Two.

How long is an emergency loan allowed to be?
It has a minimum term of 28 days and a maximum of 93 days.

How many loan players are a club allowed in a season?
There are quite a few restrictions on how many loan players, what type of loan and who they can be loaned from.

A club cannot have more than four players on loan at any one time (excluding development loans)

Clubs cannot have more than one player over the age of 21 on loan at the same time

In any one season, there cannot be more than two players over the age of 21 on loan

Clubs can only loan one player at a time from a single club in the same division

Clubs cannot loan more than two players at a time from a club in another division

There is a maximum of three players from any one club allowed on loan, including development loans

Is there a maximum amount of combined loans?
Yes. Between July 1 and June 30 of the following year a club can only have five players on loan, whether standard or emergency loans.

What about players on loan from clubs outside Scotland?
These are not technically loans and so do not count towards the limits. They are international transfers with a return date so a club can take as many of those players as they wish.

In summary you are half right or is it half wrong😁

So - if I'm right, given that McLaren and Barker are on loan from clubs outwith Scotland, we only have one loan player in Scott Bain who counts towards the above categories - which means we can loan LOADSA players yet if we want to - go to it Lennie :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :cb

fulshie
18-01-2018, 01:01 AM
According to Lennon, he has players on the radar ( who, I do not know) but needs to offload first. So my understanding is we'll need to hear of someone leaving before we hear of another coming in. That's not rumour as that's what Lennon said himself.

basehibby
18-01-2018, 01:02 AM

Whoever runs that is a deranged fud :rolleyes: should change his handle to HibernianFanny

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2018, 08:06 AM
Has anyone tried to get Craig Sibbald from Falkirk yet? He had potential but it’s all gone a bit quiet recently.Scored 1 league goal this season..no thanks

Auckland Hibs
18-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Has anyone tried to get Craig Sibbald from Falkirk yet? He had potential but it’s all gone a bit quiet recently.

Pretty sure Falkirk would be due a development fee of ~400k if he was to leave them.

Souter96Mac
18-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Pretty sure Falkirk would be due a development fee of ~400k if he was to leave them.

Sack that.

JDHibs
18-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Scored 1 league goal this season..no thanks

Only played 11 games in a team that have been dreadful. Been injured alot.

Also has 4 assists, which for perspective, is more than our central midfielders. Mcginn has 3 in the league McGeouch has 1 in 21 apps each.

The development fee has put everyone off, very good player and would get into most midfield in the league, maybe not ours at present mind you.

Hibee87
18-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Was there not some issue with Sibbald last season? I am sure he refused to extend his contract, even though it was offered on same or similar wages.
No one would pay the development fee which I think was around 4-500k and he ended up sitting in the stand watching Falkirk games but technically being out of contract and in the end had to sign a 1 year deal, or maybe longer.

offshorehibby
18-01-2018, 08:49 AM

He was out of contract last season and looking to move but everybody put off with the fact they had to pay a development fee. He was forced into re-signing for Falkirk.

JDHibs
18-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Was there not some issue with Sibbald last season? I am sure he refused to extend his contract, even though it was offered on same or similar wages.
No one would pay the development fee which I think was around 4-500k and he ended up sitting in the stand watching Falkirk games but technically being out of contract and in the end had to sign a 1 year deal, or maybe longer.

Yeh. Was on trial with a few teams during the summer. Trained at Falkirk throughout the summer when not on trials. Nobody would pay his development fee which is hefty due to like 250+ apps and 30+ goals & 40+ assists, waited until the end of the transfer window then signed a 1 year deal with Falkirk

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 09:02 AM
There will be no development fee for Sibald in the summer I believe. I don't think he's good enough regardless.

Stuart93
18-01-2018, 09:18 AM
There will be no development fee for Sibald in the summer I believe. I don't think he's good enough regardless.

I agree...we have better currently, that includes on the bench

JDHibs
18-01-2018, 09:19 AM

As long as Falkirk offer him a contract there will be as hes under 24.

Agree with the 2nd part mind you.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 09:28 AM
I agree...we have better currently, that includes on the bench

Yeah.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 09:29 AM
As long as Falkirk offer him a contract there will be as hes under 24.

Agree with the 2nd part mind you.

I think it might be the terms of him for them for another year. Not going to dwell on it though as I don't think he's good enough as you do.

Winston Ingram
18-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Sibbald's deal ends at the end of the season and Falkirk will no longer be entitled to a development fee at the end of it.

Michael
18-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Sibbald's deal ends at the end of the season and Falkirk will no longer be entitled to a development fee at the end of it.

They will if they offer him a new deal that is minimum same terms as his current deal.

Stokesy's on fire
18-01-2018, 10:19 AM
I would be delighted to see Hibernian sign Sibbald he's a decent midfielder that gets stuck in. If we can get him fro free then he's got to be a good option for us.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Greg Docherty was being lined up if SJM left but I'm hearing he's away down South to PNE.

Tornadoes70
18-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Greg Docherty was being lined up if SJM left but I'm hearing he's away down South to PNE.

Thankfully SJM will still be with us against the yams. I'm sure Lenny will have a few irons in the fire.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Thankfully SJM will still be with us against the yams. I'm sure Lenny will have a few irons in the fire.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

There's no way we will sell before the weekend. :agree:

Tornadoes70
18-01-2018, 10:44 AM
There's no way we will sell before the weekend. :agree:

Unlike the yams who let their most skillful player go in Jamie Walker. Naismith will use the yams to get fit over the next six months and then move onto the huns in the summer.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Ozyhibby
18-01-2018, 10:44 AM
They will if they offer him a new deal that is minimum same terms as his current deal.

No they won’t. I’m sure it’s like Walker at the yams and he is too old for a development fee.

Michael
18-01-2018, 10:53 AM
No they won’t. I’m sure it’s like Walker at the yams and he is too old for a development fee.

He's only 22, so Falkirk will be due a fee.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 11:00 AM
He's only 22, so Falkirk will be due a fee.

He's 23 in the Summer. I'm sure it's in the terms of his new 1 year deal though that development fee will be wavered.

greenginger
18-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Sibbald was out of contract with Falkirk for a period last summer and went on trial with Luton. That didn't work out so he returned and resigned for Falkirk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Sibbald

Don't know if that break in his contract affects rights to a development fee.

I suppose it will depend on the club he goes to, The Rangers - no fee, anyone else - full development fee due :greengrin

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Sibbald was out of contract with Falkirk for a period last summer and went on trial with Luton. That didn't work out so he returned and resigned for Falkirk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Sibbald

Don't know if that break in his contract affects rights to a development fee.

I suppose it will depend on the club he goes to, The Rangers - no fee, anyone else - full development fee due :greengrin

It doesn't. He took the contract they where obliged to give him as they offered in the first place. It's been agreed after that "apparently" that there will be no or a substantially less development fee required come the summer though.

JIm
18-01-2018, 11:05 AM
I for one have always been a big fan of Sibbald. If he was available free then I think he could potentially be a great signing given a bit of time to adjust.

It's probably fair to say he has stagnated at Falkirk now which probably isn't a huge surprise having played there at first team level for 6-7 years. I reckon a new challenge, in a team doing well would propel him on to bigger and better things.

People are quick to look at the 'basic' stats i.e goals scored, assists, how teams performing etc and make a quick call judgement on this. Ultimately though if he is good enough i'm sure our recruitment team will be on top of it doing their jobs, analysing all his stats and then putting it to the manager.

His bro's also a big Hibs fan along with another couple of the family members so you never know.

WestStandWillie
18-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Overheard a guy in Hills oan Easter Road saying we’re looking at Ikechi Anya.

First team regular at Derby so cannae see it eh.

bingo70
18-01-2018, 11:22 AM

Not been a first team regular at Derby for a while I think.

Stevie Reid
18-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Not been a first team regular at Derby for a while I think.

Never has been. Has only made 14 starts since he signed in August 2016. Has made 5 appearances this season, two of them for Scotland.

Can play full back too, could be a good loan option.

LancsHibs
18-01-2018, 11:32 AM

Source doesn’t exactly sound reliable but yes please!

Hibee87
18-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Anya is straight out of the greggs queue, however he would be a decent short term singing for right back A loan till summer maybe. I would hope its the type of fringe player Lennon would have/is enquiring about for that position now that Gray is out.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 11:39 AM

Now there's a peach of a rumour :thumbsup:

Geo_1875
18-01-2018, 11:44 AM
I for one have always been a big fan of Sibbald. If he was available free then I think he could potentially be a great signing given a bit of time to adjust.

It's probably fair to say he has stagnated at Falkirk now which probably isn't a huge surprise having played there at first team level for 6-7 years. I reckon a new challenge, in a team doing well would propel him on to bigger and better things.

People are quick to look at the 'basic' stats i.e goals scored, assists, how teams performing etc and make a quick call judgement on this. Ultimately though if he is good enough i'm sure our recruitment team will be on top of it doing their jobs, analysing all his stats and then putting it to the manager.

His bro's also a big Hibs fan along with another couple of the family members so you never know.

i think he would be a good option if we were still trying to get out of the Championship, although he hasn't managed that at Falkirk. I don't know if playing with better players would bring out much improvement but I wouldn't spend money to find out.

easty
18-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Has made 5 appearances this season, two of them for Scotland.

Can play full back too, could be a good loan option.

:agree:

1 sub appearance in the league in August, sub against Grimsby in League Cup, started in a defeat against Barnsley in League Cup.

He's 30 years old, and has barely kicked a ball this season...surely the same people who are convinced those kind of stats show that Stevie Naismiths legs are gone, will be making the same accusations about Anya?

I cannae see us getting him, but he'd be a good option.

Springbank
18-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Now there's a peach of a rumour :thumbsup:

It's got all the ingredients

hint of dodginess - "overheard" conversation - check

small shop location - "Hills oan Easter Road" - check

international footballer - "looking at Ikechi Anya" - check

it's a hat trick :cb

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 11:56 AM

:greengrin

CapitalGreen
18-01-2018, 11:57 AM

1 sub appearance in the league in August, sub against Grimsby in League Cup, started in a defeat against Barnsley in League Cup.

He's 30 years old, and has barely kicked a ball this season...surely the same people who are convinced those kind of stats show that Stevie Naismiths legs are gone, will be making the same accusations about Anya?

I cannae see us getting him, but he'd be a good option.

Apparently if he plays again for Derby, Watford are due another installment for his transfer.

J-C
18-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Are we after any younger transfers, all I seem to read on here are guys in their 30's who have barely kicked a ball in seriousness all season, Anya, Cahill etc.

CapitalGreen
18-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Are we after any younger transfers, all I seem to read on here are guys in their 30's who have barely kicked a ball in seriousness all season, Anya, Cahill etc.

No only older players. The only players Hibs are looking at are the ones you see mentioned on this message board. 21 year old Ryan Williamson is also actually in his 40's.

HoboHarry
18-01-2018, 12:10 PM
No only older players. The only players Hibs are looking at are the ones you see mentioned on this message board. 21 year old Ryan Williamson is also actually in his 40's.
Lol.... :not worth

Stevie Reid
18-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Chris Martin has been mentioned. Would be great, but the clubs credited with an interest (not us, incidentally) would be far more appealing to him and could and cover far more of his wages than we could:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chris-martin-could-leave-derby-1082373

J-C
18-01-2018, 12:13 PM

:faf:

bingo70
18-01-2018, 12:16 PM

We were linked with a Young Dunfermline full back yesterday.

Dalianwanda
18-01-2018, 12:21 PM
We were linked with a Young Dunfermline full back yesterday.

And if Stevie Mallan is old i dread to think what bracket I’m in 🤐

eastcoasthibby
18-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Dont think Anya can be classed as someone whose legs have gone ? The game.time thing is perhaps an issue but, if the money side is accurate then that probably doesn't mean he hasn't been training with the first team squad with a team thats going well , personally this type of signing would appeal to me very much, I think he really could bring something to the party.

SirDavidsNapper
18-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Chris Martin has been mentioned. Would be great, but the clubs credited with an interest (not us, incidentally) would be far more appealing to him and could and cover far more of his wages than we could:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chris-martin-could-leave-derby-1082373

Bugger that. Can't stand Coldplay

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 12:31 PM
http://sport.bt.com/football/tommy-wright-open-to-welcoming-danny-swanson-back-to-st-johnstone-S11364244244505

Tommy Wright speaking about Swanson. I don't think he would be talking about a player if there's nothing in it.

silverhibee
18-01-2018, 04:32 PM
http://sport.bt.com/football/tommy-wright-open-to-welcoming-danny-swanson-back-to-st-johnstone-S11364244244505

Tommy Wright speaking about Swanson. I don't think he would be talking about a player if there's nothing in it.

Would think Swanson will be away this window.

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Don’t think Anya is as ‘out there’ as people think...

Souter96Mac
18-01-2018, 05:41 PM
He's played once for derby in the league this season. Not as if he's a regular..

Scorrie
18-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Don’t think Anya is as ‘out there’ as people think...

🤔

madhatter
18-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Would think Swanson will be away this window.

I know he's been through a lot but I have to admit I'm very disappointed he was 1 of the 3 late after some downtime.

Club have stood by him when he's had his off field stuff and injuries and yet he does that. Unfortunately I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Wasted opportunity, real shame.

calumhibee1
18-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Is Lennon trying to make us the fastest team in the country? :greengrin Boyle, Barker and Anya would be interesting.

madhatter
18-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Is Lennon trying to make us the fastest team in the country? :greengrin Boyle, Barker and Anya would be interesting.

Hope so. Pace is biggest part of the game at the moment. Would give us an edge.

calumhibee1
18-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Hope so. Pace is biggest part of the game at the moment. Would give us an edge.

Agreed. :agree:

wookie70
18-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Hope so, we have had years where we have had little to no pace. Every team needs someone with some pace to keep defenders honest and not let them push too high up the pitch. The more pace the better as long as the players have ability. Anya has looked very good for Scotland and seems to be a bit of a late bloomer and has played a good deal less than half the games Naismith has. He is not a goal scorer though and we already have two decent wingers. Maybe we will play him at right back or wing back

neil7908
18-01-2018, 07:16 PM
He was out of contract last season and looking to move but everybody put off with the fact they had to pay a development fee. He was forced into re-signing for Falkirk.

I appreciate the rules here are supposed to be designed to protect small clubs from having their best players poached but this seems crazy.

Player power is getting silly at the top of the game but in effect forcing young players to stay with their club is wrong.

Celtic and Hendo is another good example of how the rules don't seem to work in practice.

BigT-Hibeez
18-01-2018, 07:34 PM
A seagull shat on my windscreen today, and the splatter looked uncannily like Luis Saurez..!

Apparently he's at East Mains for a medical tonight, the guy in the chippy put 2 and 2 together when a swarthy looking chap refused broon sauce on his white pudding supper, and then asked for directions to Ormiston in pidgeon English!!

Hope no, he's well past it..

Wage thief!!

Stuart93
18-01-2018, 07:46 PM
A seagull shat on my windscreen today, and the splatter looked uncannily like Luis Saurez..!

Apparently he's at East Mains for a medical tonight, the guy in the chippy put 2 and 2 together when a swarthy looking chap refused broon sauce on his white pudding supper, and then asked for directions to Ormiston in pidgeon English!!

Hope no, he's well past it..

Wage thief!!

Are you ok?

BigT-Hibeez
18-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Are you ok?

Aye

Stuart93
18-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Aye

Good

Billychaotic182
18-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Any truth in the Anya rumour then? Love to sign him!

EastCalderHibby
18-01-2018, 09:15 PM

:dunno:

The_Horde
18-01-2018, 09:15 PM

Quite a few folks claiming to know things. I'd say there's some truth.

Billychaotic182
18-01-2018, 09:20 PM
I will do some digging. I know someone related to a derby player. I will ask him to ask him if there is anything in it. Would so be amazing if true. We would have some amount of pace in our team!

California-Hibs
18-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Would be delighted if we got Anya!

Unseen work
18-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Is all this rumour based on someone overhearing a random say we were interested in him?

Can’t see us getting him.

Scott Allan Key
18-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Is all this rumour based on someone overhearing a random say we were interested in him?

Can’t see us getting him.

Unless it’s a loan, because his wages would be astronomical. Shurely not?

19-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Scottish internationalist who can't get a game for Championship side in 2nd place > Scottish internationalist who can't get a game for Championship side in 13th place.

Ozyhibby
19-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Scottish internationalist who can't get a game for Championship side in 2nd place > Scottish internationalist who can't get a game for Championship side in 13th place.

I don’t rate Anya and I’d rather we didn’t.

jgl07
19-01-2018, 01:40 AM

I believe nothing until it is confirmed by the Easter Road fish man.

Heisenberg
19-01-2018, 07:10 AM

Do you actually rate anyone ffs?! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
19-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Do you actually rate anyone ffs?! :greengrin

I’m hard to please. [emoji3] I like Mallan.

Zazu62
19-01-2018, 08:30 AM
So we haven’t got a fit right back? I hope we are in for one

GordonHFC
19-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Likely we will play Ambrose - McGregor - Hanlon - Stevenson as the back four then.

IGRIGI
19-01-2018, 08:54 AM
I'd rather we played 352 instead of putting Ambrose at RB, dont get me wrong I love the big guy at CB but at RB we're asking for trouble.

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 08:58 AM
I'd rather we played 352 instead of putting Ambrose at RB, dont get me wrong I love the big guy at CB but at RB we're asking for trouble.

I suspect it will be 352 with Boyle and Lewis's down the flanks as Barker is out by all accounts.

Looper
19-01-2018, 09:00 AM
That young right back for Dundee would fit in nicely to the squad, Cammy Kerr. Gets up and down the wing quickly and has a strong tackle on him.

calumhibee1
19-01-2018, 09:00 AM

He’s played there for about 2 months now and he absolutely strolled it at Tynecastle last game..

California-Hibs
19-01-2018, 09:01 AM

Sorry but that’s just madness. Not rating Naismith already raised my eyebrows as I think folk in your camp of thinking regarding that one are going to be proven majorly wrong. Anya though, 99 Watford appearances in a very decent Championship and then was a starter a good amount of the time in the English Premiership!

Full International capped an impressive 29 times. Showed immense quality with his pace and goal away to Germany couple of years back. Only just turned 30 two weeks ago, pace to burn still there and proven.

Sorry bud, to each their own of course, but how any Hibee could not get excited about the prospect of us landing a player like that is beyond me.

Probably all nonsense anyway though because he can play at a far higher level and demand much higher wages.

HibernianJK
19-01-2018, 09:03 AM
I must be missing something but Efe has clearly been our best right back this year why all of a sudden do we have an disaster at the situation? Yes with SDG and Whittaker out we could do with back up but Efe was surely always going to be playin RB come Sunday?

Souter96Mac
19-01-2018, 09:18 AM
You signed Callaghan, we signed Efe Ambrose. Love the big man, money on him scoring on Sunday.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Rubbish mate, Orinoco flow was a great wee song and her go to style of mystical sounding Irish stuff would go down a storm with loads of our fans :aok:

Springbank
19-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Rubbish mate, Orinoco flow was a great wee song and her go to style of mystical sounding Irish stuff would go down a storm with loads of our fans :aok:

Her first club, Clannad, might be looking for a Sibbald-like development fee

I'd still sign her. 75 million album sales AND that goal against Manuel Neuer, not many can say they've done that...

bookert
19-01-2018, 12:55 PM
I must be missing something but Efe has clearly been our best right back this year why all of a sudden do we have an disaster at the situation? Yes with SDG and Whittaker out we could do with back up but Efe was surely always going to be playin RB come Sunday?
I like ambrose as a centre half. Don't think he's a right back, in defensive positions tends to revert to centre half positioning, against Aberdeen his direct opponent made one and scored three.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Her first club, Clannad, might be looking for a Sibbald-like development fee

I'd still sign her. 75 million album sales AND that goal against Manuel Neuer, not many can say they've done that...

Think they had some guy called Harry on the books ..... must have been some player coz they even named a game after him. Wonder if he's available?

Springbank
19-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Think they had some guy called Harry on the books ..... must have been some player coz they even named a game after him. Wonder if he's available?

I'll pop into Hills oan Easter Road and see what I can overhear...

HoboHarry
19-01-2018, 03:11 PM
I'm right here - all you had to do was ask.......

Delboy4
19-01-2018, 03:16 PM

Ryan McGowan

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2018, 03:17 PM
I'm right here - all you had to do was ask.......

:greengrin

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Ryan McGowan

:faf::faf:

Hibee87
19-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Ryan McGowan

I know you have good contacts and are spot of with your rumours, your at the wind up. please tell me your at the wind up

brog
19-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Ryan McGowan

I'd take him in a heartbeat, or even a hib beat!

lord bunberry
19-01-2018, 03:27 PM
I know you have good contacts and are spot of with your rumours, your at the wind up. please tell me your at the wind up

I’m praying he’s at the wind up. I can’t stand that hearts ****.

Delboy4
19-01-2018, 03:28 PM

I hope it is a wind up but I'm just bringing the names/details to the table as usual. I type what I hear, if allowed...! :wink:

MyJo
19-01-2018, 03:29 PM
I’m praying he’s at the wind up. I can’t stand that hearts ****.

He is a jambo b*****d right enough but a good player and would be a decent signing for us IMO.

Diclonius
19-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Ryan McGowan

Isn't he a centre back?

Smartie
By all accounts McGowan is actually a great lad - just a total wind-up merchant who spent the best times of his career at Tynecastle.

Albanian Hibs
Isn't he a centre back?

Played right back for Hertz

Delboy4
19-01-2018, 03:32 PM
He is a jambo b*****d right enough but a good player and would be a decent signing for us IMO.

Currently playing in Dubai making PLENTY CASH but a rubbish league so maybe just maybe true! We will wait and see...

bingo70
19-01-2018, 03:33 PM
By all accounts McGowan is actually a great lad - just a total wind-up merchant who spent the best times of his career at Tynecastle.

I think it’s funny how people give him absolute dogs abuse but whenever he gives a bit stick back folk go absolutely bonkers.

Delboy4
19-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Isn't he a centre back?

Plays CB & RB just what we need at the moment whilst Whitty and SDG are out

JimBHibees
19-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Would be a decent signing assuming he knows McLaren well.

Tornadoes70
19-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Currently playing in Dubai making PLENTY CASH but a rubbish league so maybe just maybe true! We will wait and see...

Wow, canny wait likesay.

:confused:

Total garbage.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Diclonius
19-01-2018, 03:36 PM

Fair enough. It would be very difficult for a lot of people to accept him at ER (given he played for them in that game) but a decent player.

If we sign him in time and he scores on Sunday however.. :wink:

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 03:37 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat, or even a hib beat!

He's a huddy. A dirty jambo erse licking huddy.

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Would be a decent signing assuming he knows McLaren well.

No it wouldn't. He was ***** at Tannadice and was more interested in blabbing on about HHearts in the media. Fk that for a signing.

LancsHibs
19-01-2018, 03:38 PM
If we sign him in time and he scores on Sunday however.. :wink:

What’s the deadline for playing on Sunday? Must be today?

IGRIGI
19-01-2018, 03:41 PM
I'd rather have Alan Maybury come out of retirement before signing McGowan.

ancient hibee
There’s so many fans with a kids attitude to football aren’t there?The idea that you shouldn’ t buy someone who has played for your rivals is ludicrous.Our second best midfielder of all time,Willie Hamilton,immediately comes to mind.

Vault Boy
I actually think McGowan seems like a decent guy. Loves winding us up, but it always comes across as genuinely harmless fun. He was good at Hearts, but pretty poor at United, so I'm unsure how I'd feel about him signing from that point of view.

Diclonius
19-01-2018, 03:42 PM
What’s the deadline for playing on Sunday? Must be today?

I think so.

JimBHibees
19-01-2018, 03:42 PM
No it wouldn't. He was ***** at Tannadice and was more interested in blabbing on about HHearts in the media. Fk that for a signing.

Was good at Haerts and also internationally, would only be cover anyway.

Famous Fiver
19-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Any chance of getting Crouchy in pdq if the Chelsea thing falls through?

Tornadoes70
19-01-2018, 03:46 PM
There’s so many fans with a kids attitude to football aren’t there?The idea that you shouldn’ t buy someone who has played for your rivals is ludicrous.Our second best midfielder of all time,Willie Hamilton,immediately comes to mind.

Not at all.

There's so many other good footballers out there that would jump at the chance to sign for us that didn't spend their best years at the piggery.

Two days before a derby a poster with an age of 51 starts this rumour.

Madness.

In my opinion.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

MacGruber
19-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Ryan McGowan

Wouldn't be allowed to sign under conflicts of interest

He has a tenner on with Tam McManus on Hearts finishing above Hibs.:hmmm:

lord bunberry
19-01-2018, 03:49 PM

I’m one of those with a kids attitude, but I prefer to call it self respect in this case. We’re not talking about a James Keatings or Alan Maybury her. Behind big nose, this clown is the biggest hearts **** out there. I don’t want him anywhere near our club.

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Was good at Haerts and also internationally, would only be cover anyway.

How many years ago was that at them? 6 years? No danger I want him to come to us. Especially when it would be to suit him more than anything else and only if there was absolutely no chance hearts would take him back. Bonkers idea. He's like a jambo Mcgivern.

ancient hibee
19-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Not at all.

There's so many other good footballers out there that would jump at the chance to sign for us that didn't spend their best years at the piggery.

Two days before a derby a poster with a birth year date of 51 starts this rumour.

Madness.

In my opinion.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

My point had nothing to do with signing McGowan who I don’t think is very good but was an observation about what I consider to be a stupid attitude.Plenty don’t agree with me.

Tornadoes70
19-01-2018, 03:56 PM
My point had nothing to do with signing McGowan who I don’t think is very good but was an observation about what I consider to be a stupid attitude.Plenty don’t agree with me.

Fair point then mate.

I'm not against signing an ex yam altogether either. If he would enhance the team by all means and not to consider them because of past yam connections could be seen as a churlish attitude to take.

McGowan is most certainly not one of those who would enhance us and most of us in my opinion would be outraged.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Fair point then mate.

I'm not against signing an ex yam altogether either. If he would enhance the team by all means and not to consider them because of past yam connections could be seen as a churlish attitude to take.

McGowan is most certainly not one of those who would enhance us and most of us in my opinion would be fuming.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:agree: Keattings a certain Sir David are loved by us as is/was JC.

Unseen work
19-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Ryan McGowan?! Surely not?

Much rather the lad front dunfermline and iv not even seen him play.

We released that thing about our recruitment the other week but in all honesty our recruitment of late has been pretty poor and it seems that we constantly get linked with ex Celtic players is it’s players that have been offered to us.

This is a massive transfer window for us and will ultimately determine where we finish.

With rumours of stokes, Swanson, Dave and Mcginn leaving we really do need to add real quality.

brog
19-01-2018, 04:00 PM

I agree with you but then we're of an age before social media, when Hibs/Hearts players were best friends & when we had an annual Edinburgh select game. For the avoidance of doubt I loathe Hawrts & particularly what they've become but I would sign anyone if they would improve our team.

truehibernian
19-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Clearly wasn't just the players on the bevvy in Portugal if that's who our recruitment team are looking at :greengrin

SRHibs
19-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Not at all.

Two days before a derby a poster with an age of 51 starts this rumour.

Madness.

In my opinion.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Aye, he was a Hibs fan last year when he was 50, but now he’s 51 he’s a Hearts ****. Good spot Sherlock.

Firestarter
19-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Aye, he was a Hibs fan last year when he was 50, but now he’s 51 he’s a Hearts ****. Good spot Sherlock.

:faf::faf: class.

Tornadoes70
19-01-2018, 04:05 PM

Thank you!

Still think Laughatme's been a better player for the yams than legend Stokesy's been for the Hi bees do you?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

SRHibs
19-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Thank you!

Still think Laughatme's been a better player for the yams than legend Stokesy's been for the Hi bees do you?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

If you take into account his attitude yes. I thought he’d scored more than he actually has so I’ll say they’ve been similarly impactful on the park.

JimBHibees
19-01-2018, 04:07 PM
How many years ago was that at them? 6 years? No danger I want him to come to us. Especially when it would be to suit him more than anything else and only if there was absolutely no chance hearts would take him back. Bonkers idea. He's like a jambo Mcgivern.

Dont care who he played for previously could do a job as cover. Would probably prefer the young guy from Dunfermline though never seen him play.

Tornadoes70
19-01-2018, 04:09 PM
If you take into account his attitude yes. I thought he’d scored more than he actually has so I’ll say they’ve been similarly impactful on the park.

Aye ok then.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

SRHibs
19-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Aye ok then.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I’ll have a think about how much of a Yam I am the next time I’m travelling up from Newcastle to watch Hibs.

I