PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours (Hibs only)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Walter
22-01-2018, 06:28 PM
The Cummings money, a paid-for stand and 13,000 season ticket holders should enable us to sign a first-choice striker that is too good for a trial.

I’m reasonably confident that’s what Stokesy was

Lago
22-01-2018, 06:30 PM
The worry for me is that there is not even a remote rumour of any further signings.

Heisenberg
22-01-2018, 06:32 PM
The worry for me is that there is not even a remote rumour of any further signings.

To be fair, there was nothing about Rherras before he signed. He just randomly appeared as a new signing. Not one person got that scoop.

mcfly
22-01-2018, 06:32 PM
The Cummings money, a paid-for stand and 13,000 season ticket holders should enable us to sign a first-choice striker that is too good for a trial.

I agree - I don’t want anymore players to fill up a squad I want some quality up front.

We’ve wasted a lot of money this season on either poor journeymen, injury prone players and stokes who I will always be grateful to for his performance in the cup final but he’s let us down this season and that’s disappointing cause he’s our best striker.

Here’s hoping we get someone in....

snooky
22-01-2018, 06:38 PM

I suspect the ER recruitment section is currently like a duck.
Nothing much appearing to be going on above the surface however, the legs below the waterline will be working like hell.

Saturday Boy
22-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Want my e-mail address? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Trust in me, just in me, (where’s the hypnotic music smiley)

Diclonius
22-01-2018, 06:47 PM
I’m reasonably confident that’s what Stokesy was

Fair enough, but if we're selling him then we no longer have to pay his wages and can get a like-for-like replacement.

Hearts have their huge stand debt and replaced Lafferty with Naismith for literally one game. We're more than capable.

sleeping giant
22-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Totally agree We the fans have been forking out our hard earned cash in Season Tickets,Hospitality etc etc. Been saying this for a while as soon as you get near our stadium it’s money money What have we got in return. Not a lot I say OK we are fourth in a poor league but overall we have not a good team. When last did we win a game convincingly and the signings lately seem very poor.

Season ticket and hospitality ... Respect mate .
What would you like in return though ?

lyonhibs
22-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Better to look at his actual record, not wiki.

97 games, 29 goals.
32 games, 3 goals (3 assists) in Swiss (Scottish) top flight
2 games, 2 goals in Swiss (Scottish) 2nd league
31 games, 20 goals in Swiss (Scottish) 3rd league

Currently got 5 goals in 3 games between Swiss 2nd League and the swiss cup.

By all accounts, not great, but better than some were stating. Ive no idea how good the swiss leagues are either.

Apart from Basel and to a lesser degree Young Boys Bern, really not up to much at all. Basically on a par with our league. If a striker had that goals record at those levels in Scotland, we'd hardly be ecstatic.

No idea what this boy can do mind you, but putting the ball into the back of the net is what we need right now.

Ardenttwo
22-01-2018, 08:16 PM
By getting something in return do you mean like winning a cup,winning a championship and being 4th in a league after being three years out of it?

Winning the cup cup was and is in the past and as for winning a pub league like the championship please!!!! My point is we have deteriorated since then with record ST sales. Can you really say you are excited about the signings this Window

ancient hibee
22-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Clearly as you consider it a pub League it’s not much to deteriorate from is it?

Jones28
22-01-2018, 08:31 PM
If you read his article he says he is a right footed right back. He played left back for the *cumbos as they were short in that position at that time.

The news article on the Hibs website says he's a left sided defender
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8348

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 08:40 PM
For any of you that bases a player based on his fifa stat here are our new signings

Bain - 65
Rherras - 67
MacLaren - 73
Florian Kamberi (trialist) - 64

In comparison to players we already have

Marciano - 65
Stevenson - 62
Whittikar - 70
Mcginn - 66
Stokes - 66

Sioux
22-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Winning the cup cup was and is in the past and as for winning a pub league like the championship please!!!! My point is we have deteriorated since then with record ST sales. Can you really say you are excited about the signings this Window

And have you not worked out that it is virtually impossible to get decent quality in January without paying stupid money?

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Totally agree We the fans have been forking out our hard earned cash in Season Tickets,Hospitality etc etc. Been saying this for a while as soon as you get near our stadium it’s money money What have we got in return. Not a lot I say OK we are fourth in a poor league but overall we have not a good team. When last did we win a game convincingly and the signings lately seem very poor.

Sorry mate, thought you must be referring to Edinburgh's wee stadium there. I understand that they fleece their support left, right and centre - and they're still behind us.

Wee Effen Bee
22-01-2018, 09:00 PM
After some time, I think I have now got the hang of Hibs.net: if we win against a bottom six team, some complain that we wouldn’t beat a better team performing like that, if we beat a top six team we are certs for the title. Get beat by anyone though, and we have the worst manager and a poor team. It really is sad reading some stuff on here. We got beat by Hearts for the first time in 10 games FFS. We were doing well until 3 tough games in a week - which other team has had a similar run of tough fixtures? In fact, we are still doing well -unless of course we go with the ifs and buts brigade and we will lose our next 5 games! It does go the opposite way guys, what IF we win 2 or 3 of these games?

Lago
22-01-2018, 09:01 PM
To be fair, there was nothing about Rherras before he signed. He just randomly appeared as a new signing. Not one person got that scoop.
Fair point.

One Day Soon
22-01-2018, 09:02 PM
After some time now, I think I have now got the hang of Hibs.net: if we win against a bottom six team, some complain that we wouldn’t beat a better team performing like that, if we beat a top six team we are certs for the title. Get beat by anyone though, and we have the worst manager and a poor team. It really is sad reading some stuff on here. We got beat by Hearts for the first time in 10 games FFS. We were doing well until 3 tough games in a week - which other team has had a similar run of tough fixtures? In fact, we are still doing well -unless of course we go with the ifs and buts brigade and we will lose our next 5 games! It does go the opposite way guys, what IF we win 2 or 3 of these games?

Christ, you'll never last.

Lago
22-01-2018, 09:04 PM
I suspect the ER recruitment section is currently like a duck.
Nothing much appearing to be going on above the surface however, the legs below the waterline will be working like hell.
I sincerely hope they are.

Wee Effen Bee
22-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Christ, you'll never last.

😁

Mainstandman
22-01-2018, 09:21 PM
After some time, I think I have now got the hang of Hibs.net: if we win against a bottom six team, some complain that we wouldn’t beat a better team performing like that, if we beat a top six team we are certs for the title. Get beat by anyone though, and we have the worst manager and a poor team. It really is sad reading some stuff on here. We got beat by Hearts for the first time in 10 games FFS. We were doing well until 3 tough games in a week - which other team has had a similar run of tough fixtures? In fact, we are still doing well -unless of course we go with the ifs and buts brigade and we will lose our next 5 games! It does go the opposite way guys, what IF we win 2 or 3 of these games?
Stop talking sense, there's no place for that here

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Right people ITK....who we linked with?

Regarding Tam McManus tweet about wondering if another ex hearts player is joining.

Heard it could be Tony Watt. Personally hope not as think he is a idiot

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2018, 09:48 PM

Obviously the previously lauded recruitment system should also be doubted.

When it gets really bad we’ll start wondering why we pay so much for a training centre as well.

madhatter
22-01-2018, 10:05 PM

Regarding Tam McManus tweet about wondering if another ex hearts player is joining.

Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in to Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

I really hope this isn’t the case.

How the hell do we make better signings when we are down a division? I cannot understand this, we get McGeouch, McGinn, Holt, McGregor etc. We get promoted and the recruitment has been bizarre so far...

We don’t have a right back and we sign Rherras who is a left back...mental stuff

Unseen work
22-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

It’s most likely rubbish or a yam mate on the wind up because of his Celtic/Lennon past.

greenlex
22-01-2018, 10:10 PM
We’ve got those 3 fixtures coming up shortly again. Hold onto yer hat.

Heisenberg
22-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in to Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

How the hell do we make better signings when we are down a division? I cannot understand this, we get McGeouch, McGinn, Holt, McGregor etc. We get promoted and the recruitment has been bizarre so far...

We don’t have a right back and we sign Rherras who is a left back...mental stuff

Except Rherras played right back for his club this season and is right footed.

Flyman
22-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Anyone heard Ziggy Gordon’s on the move?

madhatter
22-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Ok, I’ll accept that. Surely there are more suitable right backs though? Is our scouting network really that limited? Tons of talented youth down in championship this year. Surprised we aren’t looking at those...

I honestly thought Peter Grant at Falkirk would be a young CB worth looking at. Don’t really need a CB at the moment and he’s not the best example of decent players down there but you get my point.

Callum_62
22-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Tons of talented youth down in championship this year. Surprised we aren’t looking at those...

I honestly thought Peter Grant at Falkirk would be a young CB worth looking at. Don’t really need a CB at the moment and he’s not the best example of decent players down there but you get my point.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
22-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Ok, I’ll accept that. Surely there are more suitable right backs though? Is our scouting network really that limited? Tons of talented youth down in championship this year. Surprised we aren’t looking at those...

No I don’t really.Does he play for the Falkirk who regularly get humped?

madhatter
22-01-2018, 10:52 PM
No I don’t really.Does he play for the Falkirk who regularly get humped?

I guess big Dave, Whittaker and Swanson were all coming from Champions League winning sides?

I suppose they have a better pedigree but I don't think that really matters when it comes to crocks and flops.

Boyle couldn't get a game for Dundee and is now a guaranteed starter for us. Judging a player solely on what they've done in past is a mistake we've made many times before.

Sign players with pedigree soon becomes sign journeyman with serious injury issues. Is Whittaker looking like he will play anytime soon? Liam Craig was great for us, eh?

JimBHibees
23-01-2018, 06:04 AM

What a crock, the championship is a pub league and the top league is poor what nonsense. The premier league is stronger than it has been in years and we are doing well up to now and should have more points. Some perspective needed.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 06:10 AM

Indont understand people getting humpty about Rherras. We are effectively trying to sign a 3rd choice right back, and according to jambos i know he was decent, if not brilliant pkayer (and he played out of position for them at left back). That is exactly what it looks like, a fairly cheap, slightly panicked buy for a postion where we already have two established, top players.

Im much more concerned about a replacement for Stokes... because we need something up top badly.

JimBHibees
23-01-2018, 06:14 AM
Indont understand people getting humpty about Rherras. We are effectively trying to sign a 3rd choice right back, and according to jambos i know he was decent, if not brilliant pkayer (and he played out of position for them at left back). That is exactly what it looks like, a fairly cheap, slightly panicked buy for a postion where we already have two established, top players.

Im much more concerned about a replacement for Stokes... because we need something up top badly.

If Stokes is leaving we need similar quality to replace him.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 06:23 AM

Two established, top players? Gray and Whittaker have spent more time injured than anything else this season. Both are unlikely to be back before March/April...

Hibs should have assessed Whittaker's injury, they dont appear to. Gray has had a long term issue with injuries and yet we sign Whittaker with a chronic injury issue...that is crazy. Now we sign another right back on loan (said left sided defender on the website). How about getting initial recruitment right rather than recruiting twice for every position?

So we've now got 3 right backs and 1 left back...guess Hibs are fairly confident that Stevenson will remain fit. Or just happy to move the playing "out of position" over to that side.

JimBHibees
23-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Two established, top players? Gray and Whittaker have spent more time injured than anything else this season. Both are unlikely to be back before March/April...

Hibs should have assessed Whittaker's injury, they dont appear to. Gray has had a long term issue with injuries and yet we sign Whittaker with a chronic injury issue...that is crazy. Now we sign another right back on loan (said left sided defender on the website). How about getting initial recruitment right rather than recruiting twice for every position?

So we've now got 3 right backs and 1 left back...guess Hibs are fairly confident that Stevenson will remain fit. Or just happy to move the playing "out of position" over to that side.

Rherras can play and cover in both full back positions. Whittaker injury has obviously worsened to say we signed him knowing he has or had a chronic injury issue on a 3 year deal is obviously nonsense. Gray has been unlucky with injuries these things happen.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 06:26 AM

I take your point on injuries, but we cant have it both ways. Building a squad isnt just about signing the best players for every position, but signing the best, available players within a budget.

Gray will be a high earner, as will whittaker - maybe we shouldn't habe signed whittake, i dont know if he has a chronic injury. But Rherras as cover for both right and left back is not the problem here - he seems like a good january, mid season signing to cover two positions where the squad is thin.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 06:27 AM
If Stokes is leaving we need similar quality to replace him.

Agree. Or a big mixu / brewster type who can add a different dimension to our game. Or both, preferably...!

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2018, 06:28 AM

Heard it was Ryan McGowan

mcfly
23-01-2018, 06:57 AM

Tony watt?? I hope your wrong

Replacing stokesy with tony watt. No thanks

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 07:02 AM
Tony watt?? I hope your wrong

Replacing stokesy with tony watt. No thanks

That strikes me as offloading one mercurial, frustrating forwrd and signing another, who has less ability, less track record and a bigger attitude problem.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 07:06 AM
I take your point on injuries, but we cant have it both ways. Building a squad isnt just about signing the best players for every position, but signing the best, available players within a budget.

Gray will be a high earner, as will whittaker - maybe we shouldn't habe signed whittake, i dont know if he has a chronic injury. But Rherras as cover for both right and left back is not the problem here - he seems like a good january, mid season signing to cover two positions where the squad is thin.

Pretty sure Whittaker did an interview stating that he had a problem that can't be fixed. Sure he said something about managing it. I think he'll be a good influence and good idea getting him in for coaching but he'll be paid quite a bit as a player so bringing him as a player was madness.

Hopefully he can get past injuries but I think there is no chance in hell he'll be playing throughout the duration of his contract.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Charlton have just signed a striker on loan. Wonder if that means their "interest" in Stokes is over?

If he's leaving, hopefully a foreign club come in and chuck money at us

hibbysam
23-01-2018, 07:13 AM
Pretty sure Whittaker did an interview stating that he had a problem that can't be fixed. Sure he said something about managing it. I think he'll be a good influence and good idea getting him in for coaching but he'll be paid quite a bit as a player so bringing him as a player was madness.

Hopefully he can get past injuries but I think there is no chance in hell he'll be playing throughout the duration of his contract.

Again, Whittaker certainly isn’t on anything close to a ‘top wage’ or ‘quite a bit’, he has come in on a low wage contract in order to move into coaching once his playing days are done, but also to help with the playing side for the next 2/3 years.

Ozyhibby
23-01-2018, 07:13 AM
Charlton have just signed a striker on loan. Wonder if that means their "interest" in Stokes is over?

Nothing from Hibs yesterday. This situation needs resolved pretty sharpish as we only have 1 week left to sign the players we need.

CockneyRebel
23-01-2018, 07:16 AM
The news article on the Hibs website says he's a left sided defender
ttp://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8348

The article I referred to was where HE said he is a right footed right back who plays at left back if required.

GordonHFC
23-01-2018, 07:23 AM

Didn't the Charlton manager at the weekend say they had no interest in Stokes?

LancsHibs
23-01-2018, 07:27 AM
The article I referred to was where HE said he is a right footed right back who plays at left back if required.

This makes more sense, I just hope we haven’t signed a right footed left back! A LB who can’t kick with his left foot and has to keep cutting in isn’t a left back I’m afraid. Remember when we played Lewis as right back! Not good.
The way I see it and hope is that he’s a natural RB who can play LB if necessary(as he did for them).

BSEJVT
23-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Nothing from Hibs yesterday. This situation needs resolved pretty sharpish as we only have 1 week left to sign the players we need.

I fear that the only resolution to our worries lies in the sale of SJM and the getting rid off Stokes at no cost

Folk thinking we will get a fee for him are off their nut in my view

Who on earth would pay a fee for someone who has caused problems wherever he has gone and is as unreliable as the weather.

I rather think what is left of our meagre budget will be spent paying him off to get rid.

FWIW I think we need to and should be releasing the purse strings a bit but I am not sure I want to entrust Lennon with it.

I am far from convinced he will be here at the end of the season and his reason for departure could be through his choice

hibee62
23-01-2018, 07:40 AM
Is Rherras not being able to get in a cathro team not an argument in his favour...?

FWIW Hearts fans I know said he was quite good under Neilson...

Frazerbob
23-01-2018, 07:55 AM
The Press and Journal up here are running the Dylan to Aberdeen story this morning, claiming he is keen on a ‘fresh challenge’.

500miles
23-01-2018, 07:58 AM
The Press and Journal up here are running the Dylan to Aberdeen story this morning, claiming he is keen on a ‘fresh challenge’.

I'd be disappointed in him. Hibs have taken good care of him during his injuries.

Johnny_Leith
23-01-2018, 08:00 AM
This makes more sense, I just hope we haven’t signed a right footed left back! A LB who can’t kick with his left foot and has to keep cutting in isn’t a left back I’m afraid. Remember when we played Lewis as right back! Not good.
The way I see it and hope is that he’s a natural RB who can play LB if necessary(as he did for them).

Emma...Phillip lahm? One of the best fullbacks in world football when he played, right footed, left back.

I'm not comparing FR to lahm, just take issue with your stance on inverted full backs.

bingo70
23-01-2018, 08:02 AM
I'd be disappointed in him. Hibs have taken good care of him during his injuries.

Yeah but he had a contract, we never had a choice, we never did it out the goodness of our heart as we’re a great club.

He’s perfectly entitled to look around for the best deal he can get.

Ozyhibby
23-01-2018, 08:04 AM
I fear that the only resolution to our worries lies in the sale of SJM and the getting rid off Stokes at no cost

Folk thinking we will get a fee for him are off their nut in my view

Who on earth would pay a fee for someone who has caused problems wherever he has gone and is as unreliable as the weather.

I rather think what is left of our meagre budget will be spent paying him off to get rid.

FWIW I think we need to and should be releasing the purse strings a bit but I am not sure I want to entrust Lennon with it.

I am far from convinced he will be here at the end of the season and his reason for departure could be through his choice

I agree there is no way we are getting a fee for Stokes. That ship has sailed. We just have to hope he can be got off the wage bill.

Ozyhibby
23-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Yeah but he had a contract, we never had a choice, we never did it out the goodness of our heart as we’re a great club.

McGeogh is a decent player but it all happens at least 10 metres outside the oppositions box. I can’t remember the last time I seen him any closer. As we already have Bartley playing as a holding midfielder it’s maybe time for a new approach? That alongside his injuries mean I’m no longer that worried about losing him.
As far as him looking for what’s best for himself goes, he switched from Celtic to Rangers and back to Celtic again. He’ll have no problem going to Aberdeen if they offer him a better deal. And with his injury record he probably should chase the money.

500miles
23-01-2018, 08:18 AM

He was given that contract even after his frequent injuries.

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 08:32 AM
A Hibs player should never be going to Aberdeen to better themselves

It would be really really bad for us if one of our best players saw that as a forward move and we lost him for free.

Think of what that says to our current players and players we are trying to recruit.

overdrive
23-01-2018, 08:38 AM

If you believe the rumours, we actually told him to bolt in the summer due to his injuries, so if true you can understand why he’s looking elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Hahahaha, working yourself up into frenzy by plucking a name out the air, and getting it wrong about Rherras.

Madhatter alright. :rolleyes:

If we had won on Sunday, there wouldn't be any of this madness on this site, Sundays result is the perfect example of a knee jerk reaction i have seen on here.

Real Emerald
23-01-2018, 08:42 AM

It would be really really bad for us if one of our best players saw that as a forward move and we lost him for free.

Think of what that says to our current players and players we are trying to recruit.

We need to retain the level of ST holders that we’ve managed to build over the last couple of years. Losing players like McGinn was always going to happen but losing Dylan to Aberdeen would be a very bad sign.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Hahahaha, working yourself up into frenzy by plucking a name out the air, and getting it wrong about Rherras.

If we had won on Sunday, there wouldn't be any of this madness on this site, Sundays result is the perfect example of a knee jerk reaction i have seen on here.

I was talking about this stuff before Sunday.
Not sure what name I've plucked...
What frenzy? I'm pretty relaxed. I can see McGeouch, Stokes and McGinn being away this week. I may be wrong but I'm relaxed either way.

flash
23-01-2018, 08:46 AM

What frenzy? I'm pretty relaxed. I can see McGeouch, Stokes and McGinn being away this week. I may be wrong but I'm relaxed either way.

We can tell how relaxed you are by your 250 posts in the last two days.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 08:48 AM
We can tell how relaxed you are by your 250 posts in the last two days.

Hyperbole!

flash
23-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Hyperbole!

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2018, 08:49 AM

Surely after 3 years in the dross, you should be looking at the bigger picture and praising how well we've adapted to the top league?

From a team that would struggle to stay in the league for a number of years, we now have a team that will certainly make the top 6 and is fighting for a European place.

Where exactly should we be this season, considering we've rarely made 4th place or better in the last 40 years?

madhatter
23-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Surely after 3 years in the dross, you should be looking at the bigger picture and praising how well we've adapted to the top league?

From a team that would struggle to stay in the league for a number of years, we now have a team that will certainly make the top 6 and is fighting for a European place.

Where exactly should we be this season, considering we've rarely made 4th place or better in the last 40 years?

I've not said anything about our current position being poor. I've said I can see the direction we are going in being poor. Last few years have been promising. No denying that but that's in the past now.

mcfly
23-01-2018, 09:01 AM

To an extent I agree with you and maybe after winning the cup all our expectations are too high this season.

We have been hampered with injuries to full backs but the most frustrating thing for me is watching us create chance after chance - rangers game was an example and have no one to put the chances away.

Hopefully that will change second half of the season

Just gotta keep backing the team and fingers crossed we start scoring

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2018, 09:04 AM

I agree with this. Aberdeen is a step down in reality.

Souter96Mac
23-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Wonder if there will be any signings in today what with the Dundee game the morn. The current rumours don't sound encouraging what with McGowan being linked, but we've had a couple signings that have been right out of the blue. Hoping for at least two in, one centre forward and a creative attacking midfielder

hibs#1
23-01-2018, 09:10 AM

That's far to sensible an approach,it'll never catch on.

Mikey09
23-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Absolutely. Some of the stuff posted on here after Sunday is embarrassing.

Smartie
23-01-2018, 09:18 AM
After watching Sunday's game, I'm not as much against the signing of McGowan as I was.

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Said it in another thread we need to start pinching the best players in the league from the clubs below us that could come in and add quality.

Mark Ohara
David Templeton
Ali Crawford
Chris Cadden
Greg Docherty

Docherty and Cadden are most likely out of our grasps now as we’ve waited too long and other clubs attention has been alerted to them

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 09:22 AM
I think if McGown comes inn Efe is gone.

Blaster
23-01-2018, 09:23 AM

I get that feeling too

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 09:27 AM
After watching Sunday's game, I'm not as much against the signing of McGowan as I was.

I hope to **** he comes nowhere near Easter road!

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 09:28 AM

That would be one the most ridiculous in/outs Hibs will ever had done if that was the case.

mcfly
23-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Anyone think signing McGowan is a big risk of splitting opinion with the support?

GreenCastle
23-01-2018, 09:31 AM
McGowan would be a terrible signing. I’m hoping this is just a wild rumour and windup.

s.a.m
23-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Anyone think signing McGowan is a big risk of splitting opinion with the support?

I think the problem is more likely to be that the support is entirely unified.:greengrin

Bostonhibby
23-01-2018, 09:37 AM
That would be one the most ridiculous in/outs Hibs will ever had done if that was the case.Ian Munro out in exchange for Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe in just shades it but I know what you mean!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
23-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Said it in another thread we need to start pinching the best players in the league from the clubs below us that could come in and add quality.

Mark Ohara
David Templeton
Ali Crawford
Chris Cadden
Greg Docherty

Docherty and Cadden are most likely out of our grasps now as we’ve waited too long and other clubs attention has been alerted to them

Been saying this for a while. We were aware of Mallan and Morgan long before their moves but we sat on our hands.

Geo_1875
23-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Been saying this for a while. We were aware of Mallan and Morgan long before their moves but we sat on our hands.

Did we?

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Ross County sign ex Liverpool striker David N’Gog until the end of the season.

Sioux
23-01-2018, 10:05 AM

Hibs were the only team that were aware of them! Aye very good.

JimBHibees
23-01-2018, 10:11 AM
I agree with this. Aberdeen is a step down in reality.

Not at the moment it isnt they are a better team than us at present. If he goes he goes however would be disappointing didnt think he had a great game Sunday though obviously playing on a 5 a side pitch with a gluepot surface wouldnt help.

Billychaotic182
23-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Dylan story is in the Aberdeen papers saying he is keen to sign for the dons....

Just Jimmy
23-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Letting Dylan go, to a direct competitior, for free will be idiotic.

I thought we were past that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Dylan story is in the Aberdeen papers saying he is keen to sign for the dons....

Up to the board to get this sorted quick.

CropleyWasGod

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkWe don't have a lot of say in it, other than offering a contract that we can't justify.

bigwheel

it is not something in our control though...as he is out of contract, he can do what he wants..

Smartie
23-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Sevco watched Andy Robertson play against them 4 times for Queens Park without noticing he was a player worth having.

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't notice or act on any players that we came up against in the First division. We all knew the 2 players mentioned were good players a long time ago, long before they were starting to get bigged up in the media.

I do look upon it as having been an opportunity missed, even though I don't doubt that other clubs knew about these players too.

MacGruber
23-01-2018, 10:41 AM

It's not looking good to be potentially losing Dylan, McGinn and Stokes in the one window. Especially compounded with Lennon being tasked with replacing them with his signings very suspect.

Captain Trips
23-01-2018, 10:44 AM
We don't have a lot of say in it, other than offering a contract that we can't justify.

What contract would not be justified that Aberdeen feel would be?

Aldo
23-01-2018, 10:45 AM
It's not looking good to be potentially losing Dylan, McGinn and Stokes in the one window. Especially compounded with Lennon being tasked with replacing them with his signings very suspect.

Dylan will not be going anywhere until the summer, that’s if he chooses to leave.

As for SJM.... no official bids just rumours? A week or so to go is a long time in football.

As for Stokes... burnt bridges that probably won’t be repaired.

There are replacements out there however it’s getting the right ones. Jan transfer window is difficult.

NL will get it right I’m sure!

Captain Trips
23-01-2018, 10:47 AM

SJM I can understand going, Stokes as well now but Dylan to a non OF? We need to be trying to challenge Aberdeen not losing first team players to them.

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2018, 10:47 AM

The sheep are risk takers and will offer a long term deal to get him signed up ane we would have to match that offer whilst we are aware of his injury problems. I actually think he is worth the gamble though. We need to retain him and Hibernian better pull their finger out and get him signed on.

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2018, 10:50 AM
SJM I can understand going, Stokes as well now but Dylan to a non OF? We need to be trying to challenge Aberdeen not losing first team players to them.

I agree with this we should never allow teams like them to be able to arm themselves with one of our best players. Its madness.

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2018, 10:52 AM

One that breaks our wage structure, or goes against the opinion of our medical staff?

greenpaper55
23-01-2018, 10:52 AM
I thought we offered him a deal, if the Dons are paying more he would be mad to turn it down.

BSEJVT
23-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Did we?

Whether we did or we didn't they are exactly the types of players we should be going for.

Becoming a retirement home for fading footballers has not usually served us well in the past.

Whilst the initial outlay may be higher, I doubt that over the term of the contract it would be that much higher.

We also have the potential of developing assets to sell on, the yesterday's heroes we have signed at the other end of the spectrum are without exception past their best and physically unreliable.

Completely accept that there is a balance to be struck but IMO the balance is completely wrong

Just Jimmy
23-01-2018, 10:59 AM
We don't have a lot of say in it, other than offering a contract that we can't justify.

it is not something in our control though...as he is out of contract, he can do what he wants..there are pull and push factors involved in any job change.

Aberdeen isn't his Dream move - we know that. so why is he happy to trade Hibs for there, if he is indeed happy to?

Is all well at Hibs? I get the impression theres more issues than are obvious. I don't think the "Stubbs" players are maybe as happy and desperate to stay as some would think.

maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Ozyhibby
23-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Whether we did or we didn't they are exactly the types of players we should be going for.

Becoming a retirement home for fading footballers has not usually served us well in the past.

Whilst the initial outlay may be higher, I doubt that over the term of the contract it would be that much higher.

We also have the potential of developing assets to sell on, the yesterday's heroes we have signed at the other end of the spectrum are without exception past their best and physically unreliable.

Completely accept that there is a balance to be struck but IMO the balance is completely wrong

The value placed on ‘old heads’ is over rated imo. Our best signings are when we sign up and coming youngsters.

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 11:00 AM

Would lose a lot of respect for him if that's the case.hibs stuck by him when he was averaging about 1 game in 4 through injury when noone else would take a punt on him.

J-C
23-01-2018, 11:06 AM
there are pull and push factors involved in any job change.

Aberdeen isn't his Dream move - we know that. so why is he happy to trade Hibs for there, if he is indeed happy to?

Is all well at Hibs? I get the impression theres more issues than are obvious. I don't think the "Stubbs" players are maybe as happy and desperate to stay as some would think.

I know certain players are not Lennon's biggest fans, they have respect for him but are not overly happy with him in charge, there was a feel good factor prior to and just after that cup win, I'm not so sure the squad harmony has been the same since Lennon took over.

BSEJVT
23-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Would lose a lot of respect for him if that's the case.hibs stuck by him when he was averaging about 1 game in 4 through injury when noone else would take a punt on him.

Whilst I agree with you, in my experience loss of respect wont even enter into a players thoughts, alongside the multitude of other issues under consideration.

Cash and length of contract will be determining factors.

If those are equal it will be location, playing opportunities, challenging for titles and then relationship with manager.

Have to say that if my current manager had threatened to punt me and was a bit volatile I would be looking for pastures new, especially when those new pastures were making a concerted effort to recruit me.

Everyone wants to fell wanted rather than retained to prevent discontent.

Mikey09
23-01-2018, 11:08 AM

Hibs are contractually obligated to look after him.

snooky
23-01-2018, 11:11 AM

All's fair in love & war .... & fitba'.
Dylan has to look after himself. If he goes, he goes. We've lost better players in the past and we replaced them. I hope he stays but I won't hold it against him if he doesn't.
Don't look back, look forward. All will be well.

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 11:12 AM
I know certain players are not Lennon's biggest fans, they have respect for him but are not overly happy with him in charge, there was a feel good factor prior to and just after that cup win, I'm not so sure the squad harmony has been the same since Lennon took over.

This is nauseating stuff, take your nose out of stubbs's arse for crying out loud.

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 11:14 AM
All's fair in love & war .... & fitba'.
Dylan has to look after himself. If he goes, he goes. We've lost better players in the past and we replaced them. I hope he stays but I won't hold it against him if he doesn't.
Don't look back, look forward. All will be well.

looking forward I want to retain players and build instead of letting go and replacing. Otherwise Hibs will just keep going around in circles.

Smartie
23-01-2018, 11:15 AM

I don't think David Gray has ever looked the same under Lennon, but he signed a new contract last summer - that wouldn't suggest he was too unhappy.

One of the biggest achievements we've made this season is to have won as many points as we have from losing positions. That would suggest we have a fairly resolute, committed bunch who are playing for their manager.

It would be interesting to know who might not be as happy.

Souter96Mac
23-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Middlesbrough now in the race to sign McGinn. And it seems big Dave might actually stay according to this https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-dembele-wants-to-leave-boro-eye-hibs-ace-wigan-want-rossiter-1-4669170/amp?__twitter_impression=true

J-C
23-01-2018, 11:19 AM
This is nauseating stuff, take your nose out of stubbs's arse for crying out loud.

What a pathetic reply :confused:

Do you honestly think when new management take over everything carries on as before? Not everyone will be happy, they'll respect the manager because of who he is etc but may not be happy with how he goes about things.

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 11:22 AM
McGeogh is a decent player but it all happens at least 10 metres outside the oppositions box. I can’t remember the last time I seen him any closer. As we already have Bartley playing as a holding midfielder it’s maybe time for a new approach? That alongside his injuries mean I’m no longer that worried about losing him.
As far as him looking for what’s best for himself goes, he switched from Celtic to Rangers and back to Celtic again. He’ll have no problem going to Aberdeen if they offer him a better deal. And with his injury record he probably should chase the money.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm.actually.with you on this one...would love Dylan to stay but if he goes may be it will be the shake up in the midfield required
It's all too slow and ponderous at times with zero creativity and we maybe need to change things a bit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Not sure what name I've plucked...
What frenzy? I'm pretty relaxed. I can see McGeouch, Stokes and McGinn being away this week. I may be wrong but I'm relaxed either way.Jeezo you love a dooms day scenario don't you...

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Dylan story is in the Aberdeen papers saying he is keen to sign for the dons....Keen on a fresh challenge it says...that could mean anything

Captain Trips
23-01-2018, 11:27 AM
One that breaks our wage structure, or goes against the opinion of our medical staff?

He IMO deserves as much as we can afford, medical thing would apply for any player.

Lago
23-01-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm.actually.with you on this one...would love Dylan to stay but if he goes may be it will be the shake up in the midfield required
It's all too slow and ponderous at times with zero creativity and we maybe need to change things a bit

I am getting worried about this:greengrin But your last sentence is right on the money. Our midfield has become too predictable.

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2018, 11:29 AM
He IMO deserves as much as we can afford, medical thing would apply for any player.

If our medical team think we might only get, say, 60% of games from him, we can't pay top dollar. That's the kind of information we will have, but which Aberdeen won't.

Elephant Stone
23-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Keen on a fresh challenge it says...that could mean anything

Playing in that windy, freezing, empty stadium every other week listening to those annoying pricks singing "oh when the reds go steaming in" would be the ultimate challenge to me.

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 11:30 AM
I am getting worried about this:greengrin But your last sentence is right on the money. Our midfield has become too predictable.Deep.down I think Dylan is leaving tbh in the summer...the deal is apparently on the table and I think if he wanted to stay he probably would have signed it by now...

Captain Trips
23-01-2018, 11:32 AM
If our medical team think we might only get, say, 60% of games from him, we can't pay top dollar. That's the kind of information we will have, but which Aberdeen won't.

For me he is worth that but that is conjecture on game time as he has played a lot more this season. Would Aberdeen not give him a medical and know how often he has played for us?

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2018, 11:34 AM
For me he is worth that but that is conjecture on game time as he has played a lot more this season.

If the medical team are of that opinion, it isn't conjecture, though. That's my point. LD et al have to make a decision based on all known factors and opinions.

Captain Trips
23-01-2018, 11:38 AM
If the medical team are of that opinion, it isn't conjecture, though. That's my point. LD et al have to make a decision based on all known factors and opinions.

I can only base mine on football and it would be very bad to lose him. We do not know what the medical team think though so it is conjecture for us.

Lago
23-01-2018, 11:39 AM

He's not there to be their friend, coach & manage them is what he's paid to do.

Iceman1875
23-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Dylan is one of my favourite players. When he plays, we generally play. If he has a better offer elsewhere and wants to take it, good luck to him. I have confidence we will bring in a replacement just as good.

Frazerbob
23-01-2018, 11:48 AM

In what way did we stick by him?

J-C
23-01-2018, 11:51 AM
I don't think David Gray has ever looked the same under Lennon, but he signed a new contract last summer - that wouldn't suggest he was too unhappy.

One of the biggest achievements we've made this season is to have won as many points as we have from losing positions. That would suggest we have a fairly resolute, committed bunch who are playing for their manager.

It would be interesting to know who might not be as happy.

I would suggest that would be down to the professionalism of the players rather than playing for the management.

snooky
23-01-2018, 11:52 AM
looking forward I want to retain players and build instead of letting go and replacing. Otherwise Hibs will just keep going around in circles.

Ay been and, since Bosman, sadly ay will be.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 11:53 AM
He's not there to be their friend, coach & manage them is what he's paid to do.

He's there to get the best out of them. Man management is a huge part of that. Currently he's failing in the aspect of getting the most out them also.

Nicho87
23-01-2018, 11:53 AM
The fact that Lennon wanted fyvie to stay and now Dylan to stay and could quite easily lose Dylan. Sums it up for me with hibs just now. Poor planning and recruitment.

SirDavidsNapper
23-01-2018, 11:55 AM
I'd be embarrassed if we lost one of our top players to Aberdeen. Aberdeen ffs

adhibs
23-01-2018, 11:56 AM
The fact that Lennon wanted fyvie to stay and now Dylan to stay and could quite easily lose Dylan. Sums it up for me with hibs just now. Poor planning and recruitment.

Did he want Fyvie to stay?

Lago
He's there to get the best out of them. Man management is a huge part of that. Currently he's failing in the aspect of getting the most out them also.
ok, I'll edit my post, he's not there to be their friend, he's there to coach & man manage them.
I think he is doing a decent job of it.

pacoluna
I can only base mine on football and it would be very bad to lose him. We do not know what the medical team think though so it is conjecture for us.
As much as I rate him and want him to stay, in 58 games for hibs he hasn't scored. As good a footballer as he is him and and mcginn playing together are slightly to defensive thinking for my liking. Don't know what has happened to McGinn lately but he hasn't produced that attcking threat that he once had.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 11:57 AM
ok, I'll edit my post, he's not there to be their friend, he's there to coach & man manage them.
I think he is doing a decent job of it.

👍

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 11:57 AM
As much as I rate him and want him to stay, in 58 games for hibs he hasn't scored. As good a footballer as he is him and and mcginn playing together are slightly to defensive thinking for my liking. Don't know what he happened to McGinnis lately be he hasn't produced that attcking threat that he once had.

He scored in the Semi last season injuring himself.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 11:58 AM

He offered him a new contract so I would say aye.

bingo70
23-01-2018, 12:01 PM
As much as I rate him and want him to stay, in 58 games for hibs he hasn't scored. As good a footballer as he is him and and mcginn playing together are slightly to defensive thinking for my liking. Don't know what has happened to McGinn lately but he hasn't produced that attcking threat that he once had.

I don’t recall Mcginn ever making a lung bursting run to get into the box to support the attackers. He’s got the energy for it so why not?

The_Horde
23-01-2018, 12:03 PM
I'll put my neck on the line. Dylan is going naewhere. Him and Mcginn will sign deals.

Nicho87
23-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Technically yes. Offered him 3 year deal which fyvie stalled on. Then it was withdrawn.

I get making a point but when we're losing players we want to keep or Lennon wants to keep. Is it worth it.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 12:08 PM
I'll put my neck on the line. Dylan is going naewhere. Him and Mcginn will sign deals.

No chance.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Technically yes. Offered him 3 year deal which fyvie stalled on. Then it was withdrawn.

I get making a point but when we're losing players we want to keep or Lennon wants to keep. Is it worth it.

But the upshot of that is that Lennon ultimately didn't want Fyvie to stay, otherwise he would still be here. FF will always be a cup winning legend, but I don't think we've missed him in the slightest this season.

Unseen work
23-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Middlesbrough is a brilliant team to want Mcginn. Championship team going for promotion and have plenty of cash.

We should milk them for all there worth and reinvest in the squad.

Smartie
23-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Middlesbrough is a brilliant team to want Mcginn. Championship team going for promotion and have plenty of cash.

We should milk them for all there worth and reinvest in the squad.

Smog and incest might indeed appeal to a boy from Paisley.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Smog and incest might indeed appeal to a boy from Paisley.

He’s from Clydebank

snooky
23-01-2018, 12:20 PM

Often wondered about that. FF was offered a 3 year deal so obviously NL rated him. When he didn't sign, it was withdrawn. Fair do's.
When he decided he wanted to sign after all, the deal was no longer available. Fair do's again.
So what changed in the assessment of FF? Was it NL teaching FF and possibly the rest of the squad not to p around with him when offered a contract? Did NL spot someone else that could fill the FF role better? Why not just sign FF if you rate him? NL was in the driving seat and could have offered him a lesser deal.
Something's odd about the whole affair.

dalkeith stu
23-01-2018, 12:25 PM
He’s from Clydebank

Even better!!

Jones28
23-01-2018, 12:32 PM

I don't if Lennon especially wanted FF to stay, they offered him the same deal as he was on in the championship and Fyvie said he wanted to go and see what else is out there - in that time Lennon withdrew the offer.

If he'd really wanted him he would've offered bigger money to ward off any interested parties.

Albanian Hibs
23-01-2018, 12:32 PM
No chance.

How do you know This?

The_Horde
23-01-2018, 12:35 PM
How do you know This?

He doesn't.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Celtic got money to burn, Dembele possibly off to Palace for £27Million
Games gone crazy

xyz23jc
23-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Celtic got money to burn, Dembele possibly off to Palace for £27Million
Games gone crazy

SJM price has just gone up......£7m+.....! :thumbsup::greengrin

Greencore
23-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Poor planning and recruitment.

poor planning and poor finances *

mcfly
23-01-2018, 12:47 PM
SJM price has just gone up......£7m+.....! :thumbsup::greengrin

Sad thing is hibs will likely not get anything like what he is worth as in the summer he will be in last year of deal.

They could sign him for nowt next January.

I think £2-2.5 million is the most we will get. Hope I’m wrong

monarch
23-01-2018, 12:50 PM

COrrect, even if it sounds like a typical accountant's view. :wink:

Remember, while we spent the last 3 seasons in the Championship with little or no TV/prize money, Aberdeen finished second in the top league which I believe earned them around £2M per season. Add to that the fact that one of their directors (Dave Cormack) has sold his business in USA and is reported to be pouring some of these funds into the club.

It puts them in a more favourable financial position than us even allowing for us having marginally more season ticket holders.

hhibs
23-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Not too sure I trust our medical staff given Hibs history with injuries.

Paisley Hibby
23-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Maybe on his last trip to Pittodrie Dylan saw something that's missing with Hibs? Just a thought.

Ray_
23-01-2018, 01:02 PM
poor planning and poor finances *

Like it or not, the finances will get worse if we lose key personnel to comparable teams like Aberdeen as people will be less inclined to turn up and support monthly payments in those circumstances

hhibs
23-01-2018, 01:04 PM
there are pull and push factors involved in any job change.

Maybe ,maybe not but it feels that something is wrong and perhaps not just at player level.

hhibs
23-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Agreed.

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Maybe on his last trip to Pittodrie Dylan saw something that's missing with Hibs? Just a thought.

Aye extra seaguls...and a librararians dream atmosphere.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 01:22 PM

If McGeough goes to Aberdeen, it will be because they will pay him more money than we can.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 01:26 PM
If McGeough goes to Aberdeen, it will be because they will pay him more money than we can.

Better mananger better side? Our side is in decline perhaps?

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 01:26 PM

The average age of the 12 players that we have signed this season is under 25.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 01:27 PM
He doesn't.

McGinn won't sign a new deal. That's a given.

brog
I realise this post is not directly about transfers, but then not many have been recently. Just my thoughts on certain golden rules I believe we should apply for the remainder of the season given the scenario that we lose only Stokes & bring no one else in. All these are of course IMO only.

1. Defence. Ambrose should only be cover for Darren. Should not be in a back 4 but could play in a back 3.
Personally I believe if we have to raise cash through sales then Efe should be 1st to go. Rherras should get his chance at RB.
2. Midfield. Marvin should only play in extreme circumstances. Much though I like Marvin as a player & good guy I don't think we need him when we have Dylan & SJM there already. His ball control is poor, he gives difficult passes to colleagues with the result our play through midfield is slowed right down.
3. Midfield. Give Swanson or Slivka an opportunity as a #10. Although Slivka was poor on Sunday he produced 2 of our best opportunities. Danny has only started 3 league games, he needs a proper chance. Of course if SJM/Dylan are in & we play a #10 then we either only have 1 up top or Boyle/Barker can't both play.
4. Up Front. It's unfair on Oli Shaw to play him as a lone front man. We either play 2 up front or we play SM as lone front man. Personally I would give Oli or Ozzie the chance to play beside Simon. His running/energy should hopefully create space for others.

Again I stress, my thoughts only but I genuinely think at times NL doesn't know his best team & often tries to pick what he thinks are his best 10 outfield players rather than the best team.

Jones28

This, other than that why leave Hibs?

Eaststandee
No chance.

Do you have evidence to substantiate that? Or are you just being a drama queen?

Stevie Reid
Better mananger better side? Our side is in decline perhaps?

No, it will be money. Lots of other things in Aberdeen's favour too, and you can speculate about negatives at Hibs all you like. But it will come down to how much he gets paid.

hhibs
23-01-2018, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Stevie Reid;5289685]If McGeough goes to Aberdeen, it will be because they will pay him more money than we can.[/QU

Rather more, will than can.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Rather more, will than can.

Us paying the same amount as Aberdeen would eat up far more of our wage budget than it would theirs. Making DM our top earner on a decent length of contract would be a massive risk for us.

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2018, 01:33 PM

Again with the stats :greengrin:greengrin

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Again with the stats :greengrin:greengrin

I like people to back up what they speculate about :greengrin

IGRIGI
23-01-2018, 01:36 PM
If we could bring in a midfield who isn't allergic to the opposition's 18 yard box and who could actually score a goal I'd have no issue in Mcgeouch going.

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2018, 01:37 PM
I like people to back up what they speculate about :greengrin

Get to **** off this site then.

:greengrin

h185forever
23-01-2018, 01:39 PM
Us paying the same amount as Aberdeen would eat up far more of our wage budget than it would theirs. Making DM our top earner on a decent length of contract would be a massive risk for us.

Would it be be a bigger risk than letting him go ?.....if we lose arguably three of our best players this window or in the summer ...it might be something we regret ...

flash
23-01-2018, 01:41 PM

Presumably it was the Aberdeen midfield running rings round him.

CMurdoch
23-01-2018, 01:43 PM
But the upshot of that is that Lennon ultimately didn't want Fyvie to stay, otherwise he would still be here. FF will always be a cup winning legend, but I don't think we've missed him in the slightest this season.

Is it coincidence that the arse has fallen out of Dundee Utd since Fyvie got injured?

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Would it be be a bigger risk than letting him go ?.....if we lose arguably three of our best players this window or in the summer ...it might be something we regret ...

We lose those 3 players in this window then we lose europa league.

JDHibs
23-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Is it coincidence that the arse has fallen out of Dundee Utd since Fyvie got injured?

And the arse fell out of our season several times when Fyvie got injured...

Very underrated player.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Do you have evidence to substantiate that? Or are you just being a drama queen?

Who's being a drama queen? McGinn won't sign a new deal and if Ann offer comes in we won't stand in his way. I understand and accept this. You're the one trying to cause drama.

Babyshamble
23-01-2018, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=JDHibs;5289727]And the arse fell out of our season several times when Fyvie got injured...

Very underrated player.[/QUOTEfyvie is class.its no coincidence that the Arabs have fell a apart a bit since he got injured.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 01:49 PM
No, it will be money. Lots of other things in Aberdeen's favour too, and you can speculate about negatives at Hibs all you like. But it will come down to how much he gets paid.

I would argue a mixture of a lot of things that don't point in our favour apart from the central belt.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Possibly. He played in every game before his previous manager got sacked as well.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 01:53 PM

Not paying as much as Aberdeen is not the same as 'letting him go'. He sure as hell won't be going anywhere this window anyway.

If we made Dylan our highest paid player on a three year deal and we got as little football out of him as we have done over the length of this contract, it would be a disaster.

Eaststandee
23-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Who's being a drama queen? McGinn won't sign a new deal and if Ann offer comes in we won't stand in his way. I understand and accept this. You're the one trying to cause drama.

I'll take that as no then? :wink:

brog
23-01-2018, 02:01 PM

Not sure what 12 players you're talking about but given the average age of Whitty, Efe, Danny, Rocky, Bain, Dave & Stokes is 29 then the other 5 would need to have an average age of 19 for your stats to be correct. Suspect you're way out unfortunately. Actually, if the other 5 are Slivka ( forgot he's only 22 ) Murray, Barker, McLaren & Rherras then the average age of our recruits is nearly 27.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Not sure what 12 players you're talking about but given the average age of Whitty, Efe, Danny, Rocky, Bain, Dave & Stokes is 29 then the other 5 would need to have an average age of 19 for your stats to be correct. Suspect you're way out unfortunately. Actually, if the other 5 are Slivka ( forgot he's only 22 ) Murray, Barker, McLaren & Rherras then the average age of our recruits is nearly 27.

I was going on the ages of the players when we signed them, which puts the average closer to 24 than 25. Regardless, the average using their ages now is 26.66 - hardly a retirement home for ageing footballers.

we are hibs
23-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Can't believe people would be happy to see mcgeouch go. He's the best midfielder we have and best we've had since relegation.

Mikey09
If we could bring in a midfield who isn't allergic to the opposition's 18 yard box and who could actually score a goal I'd have no issue in Mcgeouch going.

We have one... Swanson.

Stevie Reid
Can't believe people would be happy to see mcgeouch go. He's the best midfielder we have and best we've had since relegation.

How many have said that they'd be happy to see him go?

h185forever
23-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Presumably it was the Aberdeen midfield running rings round him.

Not paying as much as Aberdeen is not the same as 'letting him go'. He sure as hell won't be going anywhere this window anyway.

If we made Dylan our highest paid player on a three year deal and we got as little football out of him as we have done over the length of this contract, it would be a disaster.

if we don’t pay as much as Aberdeen then we aren’t trying to keep him either. You said in post 665 if he goes it will be due to Aberdeen offering more money. Maybe I’m not understanding something ?

i accept its a risk but my Q was ....is it a bigger risk ?...if he signs a pre C with Aberdeen can we expect to see him perform as well as he has done recently ?...Sunday not included..

we are hibs
23-01-2018, 02:14 PM
How many have said that they'd be happy to see him go?

Sorry. SOME people. I do apologise.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:14 PM
if we don’t pay as much as Aberdeen then we aren’t trying to keep him either. You said in post 665 if he goes it will be due to Aberdeen offering more money. Maybe I’m not understanding something ?

i accept its a risk but my Q was ....is it a bigger risk ?...if he signs a pre C with Aberdeen can we expect to see him perform as well as he has done recently ?...Sunday not included..

That's not true.

CMurdoch
23-01-2018, 02:15 PM

Hibs didn't stick by him. He had a contract until Summer 2018 so Hibs were stuck with him injured or not.
What is telling about Hibs loyalty to McGeogh is that they didn't offer him a 3 year contract until recently i.e. when he proved he was over his injuries by playing every week.
I agree with what Hibs did but self interest was at the heart of that decision.
McGeogh himself is now in a better place with his fitness and his undoubted ability. As a result he will have options and I strongly expect him to move south in the summer. His self interest will be at the heart of that decision.

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Sorry. SOME people. I do apologise.

I was genuinely curious. I haven't seen anyone say that, but I certainly haven't read every post on here.

ancient hibee
23-01-2018, 02:17 PM

Who is this Ann that you mention?Some non financial inducement perhaps?

cabbageandribs1875
23-01-2018, 02:18 PM

i don't think he will either, probably p-off that he didn't get the move to forest to join his wee pal jc, we will get a pittance for him in the next window :agree:

pacoluna
23-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Hibs didn't stick by him. He had a contract until Summer 2018 so Hibs were stuck with him injured or not.
What is telling about Hibs loyalty to McGeogh is that they didn't offer him a 3 year contract until recently i.e. when he proved he was over his injuries by playing every week.
McGeogh himself is now in a better place with his fitness and his undoubted ability. As a result he will have options and I strongly expect him to move south in the summer. His self interest will be at the heart of that decision.
If that's the case then hopefully we bring in someone with a little more attacking intent.

brog
23-01-2018, 02:28 PM
I was going on the ages of the players when we signed them, which puts the average closer to 24 than 25. Regardless, the average using their ages now is 26.66 - hardly a retirement home for ageing footballers.

Em, sorry to be pedantic but you talked about the average age of players we signed this season. Given that at most is 7 months ago there can't be more than 2 years difference in their average age now!

h185forever
23-01-2018, 02:32 PM
That's not true.

ok I’m confused.:confused:

Please explain how we are trying to keep him by not offering the same or more than Aberdeen.

you said ...if he goes to Aberdeen ..it will be for more money. :dunno:

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Em, sorry to be pedantic but you talked about the average age of players we signed this season. Given that at most is 7 months ago there can't be more than 2 years difference in their average age now!

You are quite correct, my apologies - I ****ed up my maths somewhere along the way :greengrin:duck:

I still stand by my original point that was 26.33 average age puts us nowhere near being a retirement home for players, but I fully appreciate that my statto reputation has taken a real hiding here :offski:

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:39 PM
ok I’m confused.:confused:

Please explain how we are trying to keep him by not offering the same or more than Aberdeen.

you said ...if he goes to Aberdeen ..it will be for more money. :dunno:

By offering him a new contract we are trying to keep him. Him becoming too expensive for us to keep is a different story.

brog
23-01-2018, 02:44 PM
You are quite correct, my apologies - I ****ed up my maths somewhere along the way :greengrin:duck:

I still stand by my original point that was 26.33 average age puts us nowhere near being a retirement home for players, but I fully appreciate that my statto reputation has taken a real hiding here :offski:

Your point is well made Stevie. I'm just a sadder statto!

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Your point is well made Stevie. I'm just a sadder statto!

Haha, not at all man! I could've been getting away with murder this whole time - someone needs to hold me to account :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Haha, not at all man! I could've been getting away with murder this whole time - someone needs to hold me to account :greengrin

I did tell you to **** off this board earlier. :greengrin:greengrin

Stevie Reid
23-01-2018, 02:48 PM
I did tell you to **** off this board earlier. :greengrin:greengrin

:hilarious Another post I can't argue with :greengrin

BSEJVT
23-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Okay here we go again.

Let me indulge your statistical bent, whilst I try and get on with my life.

How many are on loans ? How does this change your statistical analysis?

Swanson, Whittaker, & Stokes have been utter failures, Ambrose a qualified success (qualified as he is crap at right back and allegedly creates a fair bit dressing room disharmony with his behaviour)

These 4 were our marquee signings. If you want to push the issue you can have Slivka as number 5 marquee signing who despite being young the jury is out on.

You can read into statistics whatever you want but not one of the above (Slivka excepted) helped your age demographic and serve to reinforce the point I was making.

I would imagine the only young signing to figure frequently is Barker and as I cant recall us signing 12 players would guess that you are referencing contract extensions as signings

Off the top of my head amongst that lot would include Shaw & Porteous who will bring down the average age considerably

These are hardy evidence of an external recruitment policy which is focussed on snapping up the best emerging or developed talent from other clubs in our food chain which has been the bedrock for the success of most of Europe's tops clubs for as long as I can remember.

I get we cant afford the type of guys these clubs do, but we can recruit emerging talent from clubs in our peer group. IMO this is less a risk that recruiting abroad (of our recent signings I cant think of one overseas signing who has been an unqualified success for anything longer than a season) No doubt you can and will.

No doubt you will also tell me the answer to this, but how many of our post 28 year old players (age when signed) have been a success v those that have not in say the last 20 years?

My point and all are free to disagree is that blowing the majority of our new recruitment budget in any one season on ageing players hasn't served us well.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 03:39 PM
i don't think he will either, probably p-off that he didn't get the move to forest to join his wee pal jc, we will get a pittance for him in the next window :agree:

My thoughts also. Saying that i would rather a smaller fee with a large sell on clause.

Ronniekirk
23-01-2018, 04:36 PM
He scored in the Semi last season injuring himself.

Lennon has stated he has that in his locker but we need to see more of it So the question is why aren't we ?
Is no one else capable of playing the pass back through to Dylan that Holt played Surely we should be working on that aspect of the Teams play

Ronniekirk
23-01-2018, 04:37 PM
He’s from Clydebank

Thanks for sticking up for Paisley Billy [emoji849]

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Lennon has stated he has that in his locker but we need to see more of it So the question is why aren't we ?
Is no one else capable of playing the pass back through to Dylan that Holt played Surely we should be working on that aspect of the Teams play

Stokes certainly is

Ronniekirk
23-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Sadly at this moment in time they have more stability ,more cash and are fighting again for second spot and still in the Cup On their day they are a good team But with McLean off to Norwich they may well see Dylan as a quality replacement that they wouldn't of expected to be able to get in the January window
No idea if its true or he is interested ,but for the reasons above its bound to tempt him if there is a long enough deal on the table
To date we haven't managed to get him to sign a new deal

Ronniekirk
23-01-2018, 04:49 PM

He wont but equally he wont go till the Summer if he thinks thats best for him He does feel loved by the support and the Club
He wont just sign for a Club because Hibs have had an offer that suits them

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 04:50 PM

I think it's more to do with him bustin a gut getting into the box that holds him back. He seems to enjoy the quarterback role which is fine but a shame he limits his talent. A little like when Brown went to Celtic and Strachan ruined him short term.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 04:52 PM
He wont but equally he wont go till the Summer if he thinks thats best for him He does feel loved by the support and the Club
He wont just sign for a Club because Hibs have had an offer that suits them

Again I agree. He's served his time with us and I can see why natural progression would be on his mind. He should be wary though and look at Cummings situation because there's no danger he will have the Huns to fall back on. His move next move is massive and a new deal would hinder that.

Ozyhibby
23-01-2018, 04:54 PM
I think it's more to do with him bustin a gut getting into the box that holds him back. He seems to enjoy the quarterback role which is fine but a shame he limits his talent. A little like when Brown went to Celtic and Strachan ruined him short term.

Strachan ruined Brown? He’s the best midfielder in Scotland by a distance and has been for 10 years.
We have far to defensive a midfield and need to stop playing with McGeogh and Bartley doing the same job.

eastcoasthibby
23-01-2018, 04:57 PM
If there is a risk according to our medical staff then we took it by giving him the contract he is on and from what I have seen he has moved on from that considerably, so is that that argument out the way ..comes to the wage and contract length . we lost out on Rooney through bad management of that one a full time contract and 250 quid more against a short term 6 month deal .. oh how did that backfire and cost us, what have we learned ?

brog
23-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Okay here we go again.

Swanson, Whittaker, & Stokes have been utter failures, Ambrose a qualified success (qualified as he is crap at right back and allegedly creates a fair bit dressing room disharmony with his behaviour)

These 4 were our marquee signings. If you want to push the issue you can have Slivka as number 5 marquee signing who despite being young the jury is out on.

You can read into statistics whatever you want but not one of the above (Slivka excepted) helped your age demographic and serve to reinforce the point I was making.

I would imagine the only young signing to figure frequently is Barker and as I cant recall us signing 12 players would guess that you are referencing contract extensions as signings

Off the top of my head amongst that lot would include Shaw & Porteous who will bring down the average age considerably

These are hardy evidence of an external recruitment policy which is focussed on snapping up the best emerging or developed talent from other clubs in our food chain which has been the bedrock for the success of most of Europe's tops clubs for as long as I can remember.

I get we cant afford the type of guys these clubs do, but we can recruit emerging talent from clubs in our peer group. IMO this is less a risk that recruiting abroad (of our recent signings I cant think of one overseas signing who has been an unqualified success for anything longer than a season) No doubt you can and will.

No doubt you will also tell me the answer to this, but how many of our post 28 year old players (age when signed) have been a success v those that have not in say the last 20 years?

My point and all are free to disagree is that blowing the majority of our new recruitment budget in any one season on ageing players hasn't served us well.

I listed the 12 a few posts ago. No contract extensions.

stantonsboots
23-01-2018, 05:24 PM
lennon offered fyvie a new and improved contract fyvie said no hoping for even more lennon told him to bolt!

stantonsboots
23-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Better mananger better side? Our side is in decline perhaps?sorry how many league titles has mcinnes won?

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2018, 05:34 PM
sorry how many league titles has mcinnes won?Or even trophies??

stantonsboots
23-01-2018, 05:41 PM
McGeogh himself is now in a better place with his fitness and his undoubted ability. As a result he will have options and I strongly expect him to move south in the summer. His self interest will be at the heart of that decision.and who do you think paid all his medical expense's if we didn't stick by him?

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Strachan ruined Brown? He’s the best midfielder in Scotland by a distance and has been for 10 years.
We have far to defensive a midfield and need to stop playing with McGeogh and Bartley doing the same job.

He took away the dynamic role he had and I think personally should have done more. He's had an amazing career though.

Bartley didn't and won't have Browns drive ever.

Firestarter
23-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Or even trophies??

You're surely not using that as a yardstick when Lennon got the Celtic gig?

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 06:14 PM
lennon offered fyvie a new and improved contract fyvie said no hoping for even more lennon told him to bolt!

And so he should've...interesting to note that fyvie is playing in the championship again this season.

Jpdhfc
23-01-2018, 06:18 PM
and who do you think paid all his medical expense's if we didn't stick by him?

He did pay to go and see a specialist in London during the close season out off his own pocket.
There is a interview around where he states this.

hibs#1
23-01-2018, 06:25 PM
You're surely not using that as a yardstick when Lennon got the Celtic gig?

He done a better job than the revered Tony Mowbray.

Nicho87
23-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Absolutely spot on. But my point remains fact that Lennon wanted him to stay though.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 06:42 PM
He did pay to go and see a specialist in London during the close season out off his own pocket.
There is a interview around where he states this.

In any other walk of life if you want to further your career or maintain your current career you're likely going to have to pay money out of your own pocket in one way or another at some point - training, re-training and so on.

I commend him for going to get it sorted though. Don't commend him for paying for it himself, you'd think these footballers were on the breadline...

Hope he stays but can see him leaving unfortunately.

Thecat23
23-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Just been told a striker signed on loan till summer be announced soon.

HoboHarry
23-01-2018, 06:48 PM

The big Swiss player? Is NL still not listening to the posters from yesterday who assured us he wasn't very good?

😉

mentalhibee
23-01-2018, 06:48 PM

Nice one, did you get a name? Had you heard of him if so?

alihibs1
23-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Just been told a striker signed on loan till summer be announced soon.Any guesses?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PatHead
23-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Come on. Spill the beans

RedHibby
23-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Okay here we go again.

Spot on.

Thecat23
23-01-2018, 06:52 PM
It’s the Swiss lad. He’s signed!

S4uzee
23-01-2018, 06:52 PM
The big Swiss player? Is NL still not listening to the posters from yesterday who assured us he wasn't very good?

😉

Let’s be honest he won’t be very good if it’s him .... another Devydas

bigwheel
23-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Okay here we go again.

Stokes is our top league scorer..think he’s above 7th overalll. Above Lafferty Simon Murray james Forrest. He may have been disappointing. And it may end soon. At which time could be classed as didn’t work. But can’t see how you can label him an utter failure

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 06:59 PM
It’s the Swiss lad. He’s signed!

Dave mkII

WoreTheGreen
23-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Swiss Tony

Stuart93
23-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Not sure if I'm imaging this but didn't leann say that the days of us signing players on a short loan period were done, that's been 4 this window...

And looking at stats I'd say only maclaren's really excited me, at a push.

Coco Bryce
23-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Jarko Swiss?

WoreTheGreen
23-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Jarko Swiss?

Rolling contract

Blaster
23-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Not sure if I'm imaging this but didn't leann say that the days of us signing players on a short loan period were done, that's been 4 this window...

To be fair mate 2 are ones we didn’t want to make. Injuries meant we had no choice

Thecat23
23-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Rolling contract

😂

Liked that.

madhatter
23-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Barcelona spent £140million on a player they didn’t really need. Market has gone bonkers and let’s be honest January is terrible for signing. Maybe we sign them in summer after successful loan. Shame we didn’t do that with Gunnarsson, I understand the reasons but he’d have been a good signing!

I’d imagine we are looking at players out of contract in the summer.