PDA

View Full Version : Cup beam back

Mainstandman
16-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Anyone know what the atmosphere is like. I've got a ticket for the game but my folks are thinking of going to the beam back. Happy for a noisy atmosphere but there not fused if everyone is getting hammered.

Scouse Hibee
16-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Anyone know what the atmosphere is like. I've got a ticket for the game but my folks are thinking of going to the beam back. Happy for a noisy atmosphere but there not fused if everyone is getting hammered.

Someone posted recently that the atmosphere at the last one was poor.

iwasthere1972
16-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Officially it's not a beam back because it's being shown live on the telly. £6 entrance including a pie. Just as well going to a pub in Leith and watching it on the box.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-01-2018, 07:35 PM
There’s a bit of a self-fulfilling element about this... but surely the atmosphere will be what the atmosphere is?
(Think I might just have contradicted myself there ;)

CMurdoch
16-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Officially it's not a beam back because it's being shown live on the telly. £6 entrance including a pie. Just as well going to a pub in Leith and watching it on the box.

bizarre that they are charging £6 for a pie and a watch of the the fitba on Sky TV with the opportunity to buy beer :wink:

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 09:28 PM
bizarre that they are charging £6 for a pie and a watch of the the fitba on Sky TV with the opportunity to buy beer :wink:

If the money goes into the club it doesn't really matter surely?

CMurdoch
16-01-2018, 09:43 PM
If the money goes into the club it doesn't really matter surely?

It's a shame they can't do actual beam backs from the likes of Aberdeen and Ross Co away and split the money with them.
They would be big sellers at say a tenner.

RMQ1967
16-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Went with the wife to the last one v hertz. The atmosphere was pretty flat from the off - no songs or banter going on around any of the tables near us but not sure how it was up the other end. Getting drinks up was fairly swift and prices were fine in you're only having a few. Didn't have the best view of a TV but we arrived a bit later than intended. Ian Murray and Mickey were up speaking at the start and at half time but I didn't find the interviews particularly engaging & the compere guy was regularly shooshing people so I guess many other didn't find it so interesting either - maybe because you couldn't really hear much of what was being said.
The pies at our end of the hall turned up pretty late - just as the second half was starting I think - was annoyed as I was starving & there was no other food even to buy.

Of course I think it would have been very different had the goal stood - was hard to get an atmosphere going when we god robbed of a goal and we didn't get the win we deserved.

Would I do it again? Was really looking forward to it but the whole thing didn't make me want to go rushing back. I'm sure a win would have put an entirely different complexion on the night so hopefully Sundays event will be a much more enjoyable experience for people.

ajf
17-01-2018, 01:18 AM
I was at the last one and the atmosphere was poor but if your taking the wife or daughter along then this is the place to do it as everyone watched their Ps & Qs ,me , I'm heading to the pub #### the Ps & Qs :greengrin