PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Fans

Ardenttwo
15-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Was up at the Elgin City v Cowdenbeath game on Saturday and spoke to a few couples who follow Cowdenbeath to every game. Now some of these fans were no spring chickens so hats of to them. For what it’s worth I asked some of them their opinion on Ben Stirling who was on loan to them and not one of them had a good word to say the general opinion was that Stirling done nothing for Cowdenbeath

BoomtownHibees
15-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Was up at the Elgin City v Cowdenbeath game on Saturday and spoke to a few couples who follow Cowdenbeath to every game. Now some of these fans were no spring chickens so hats of to them. For what it’s worth I asked some of them their opinion on Ben Stirling who was on loan to them and not one of them had a good word to say the general opinion was that Stirling done nothing for Cowdenbeath

Cool story

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2018, 09:43 PM
I had Elgin on the coupon so, I was glad The Blue Brazil got pumped.

SaulGoodman
15-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Ok

O'Rourke3
15-01-2018, 09:49 PM
TBF Jesus, Mother Teresa and Ghandi combined couldn't help that club.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
15-01-2018, 09:54 PM
If true sometimes its just a case of not being a good fit for certain clubs.

Any decent football player who likes to get the ball on the deck and play the passing game would definitely not suit Levein's uber defensive anti footbal hack and hoof and ergo would not be a good fit for the yams.

These things happen, horses for courses and all that.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

iwasthere1972
15-01-2018, 10:06 PM
If true sometimes its just a case of not being a good fit for certain clubs.

Any decent football player who likes to get the ball on the deck and play the passing game would definitely not suit Levein's uber defensive anti footbal hack and hoof and ergo would not be a good fit for the yams.

These things happen, horses for courses and all that.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

:confused: Have you walked into the wrong room?

Tornadoes70
15-01-2018, 10:08 PM
:confused: Have you walked into the wrong room?

How did you reach that conclusion?

iwasthere1972
15-01-2018, 10:10 PM
How did you reach that conclusion?

I might be having a :doh: moment but I couldn't work out the Yam connection or reference. Genuine question. :agree:

Tornadoes70
15-01-2018, 10:13 PM
I might be having a :doh: moment but I couldn't work out the Yam connection or reference. Genuine question. :agree:

I thought it'd be fun to convert the OP's negativity aimed at one of our players into a dig at Levein's hack and hoof tactics.

:aok:

Mibbes Aye
15-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Cowdenbeath have been honking this season. They've only won one league match, 1-0. Guess who the scorer was, that's right, Ben Stirling. Sort of calls into question the views you heard, doesn't it?

Given he's a relatively inexperienced loanee, I would suggest that Cowdenbeath fans should be expecting more from their seasoned professionals rather than a young guy starting out his career.

Nevertheless, Cowdenbeath's loss percentage is a fair bit higher in the games Stirling didn't play than the games he did, so again it calls into question the views of those you spoke to.

Going from dev to lower-league football is a tough ask, IMO. The emphasis shifts massively towards results only. Having said all that Ben Stirling made the plane to Faro so I guess Neil Lennon and the coaching staff have a bit of belief that he may make it.

iwasthere1972
16-01-2018, 07:28 AM
I thought it'd be fun to convert the OP's negativity aimed at one of our players into a dig at Levein's hack and hoof tactics.

:aok:

:aok: So you reckon he's a Jambos then? :greengrin