PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sanchez: £35 miliion for a player who can move for free in the summer

G B Young
15-01-2018, 12:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687789

The fact that Man U are prepared to pay such a sum this window for a player who will be out of contract at the end of the season can only, I assume, be seen as a worthwhile investment to secure Champions League football?! The sums being thrown around in English football really are hideous and have completely turned me off watching any football in the EPL. Scottish football may be pretty average but at least you can still feel some sort of connection to your club.

Beefster
15-01-2018, 12:28 PM
It's silly money but it'll be partly because he is still available to play in the FA Cup and Champions League. There will also be an element of paying it to stop him having lots of options in the summer and becoming more difficult to sign him.

Saying all that, Sanchez is quite within his rights to refuse to move and sit tight for 5 months, if he has set his mind on Man City or someone else.

CockneyRebel
15-01-2018, 12:32 PM
It's silly money but it'll be partly because he is still available to play in the FA Cup and Champions League. There will also be an element of paying it to stop him having lots of options in the summer and becoming more difficult to sign him.

Saying all that, Sanchez is quite within his rights to refuse to move and sit tight for 5 months, if he has set his mind on Man City or someone else.

Think that's the most obvious reason for signing him now.

SlickShoes
15-01-2018, 12:34 PM
I don't feel a connection to Scottish footballers any more or less than English ones on the real silly money. They all operate in a different realm from the rest of us working normal jobs.

In the current climate the money they are willing to pay for him seems normal, theres not really any going back so continuing to moan about it doesn't get you anywhere. Football has already gone down this slippery slope and there is no way back up it.

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Biggest club in the world sign one of the worlds best. Money is no option.

Mango Man
15-01-2018, 12:43 PM

The fact that Man U are prepared to pay such a sum this window for a player who will be out of contract at the end of the season can only, I assume, be seen as a worthwhile investment to secure Champions League football?! The sums being thrown around in English football really are hideous and have completely turned me off watching any football in the EPL. Scottish football may be pretty average but at least you can still feel some sort of connection to your club.

Spot on, I'm in that boat too, watched match of the day twice this season, all that money just makes it soulless for me, at least our football is a bit more realistic.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2018, 01:11 PM

He has lots of options now he can speak to anyone he wants in the last 6 month of his contract. The only problem for him is he has no insurance policy should he pick up an injury so it is better foe him to sign a contract now.

Lago
15-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Biggest club in the world sign one of the worlds best. Money is no option.

29 years old.

Green_one
15-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Player power, agents, huge TV money, non footballing owners, China and massive costs if you fail to reach top 4. In Man United's case, for example, its written into sponsors contracts. So what looks crazy makes some sense. Mourinho has them second but is getting pelters from the media and crazy :confused:fans.

Not pretty but the transfer fees are already well over any sensible debate. Sadly thats the reality unless the TV money stops.

Next week will have something as daft. And who is more stupid - Man United or Arsenal?

allezsauzee
15-01-2018, 01:51 PM
If United don't pay up the £35 million, they risk having to try to convince him to sign in the summer when they might not even have Champions League football the following season. I'd imagine he'll be going to City if he doesn't move this month.

MWHIBBIES
15-01-2018, 02:11 PM
World class player for 35 million? Absolute bargain

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Exactly.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2018, 02:34 PM
If he had 4 years left on his contract he's a £100m plus player, i'd wait until the summer if i was him, and take the £50m signing on fee and £400-500k a week wages.

Greedy, you bet, but why not?

IlDiavola
15-01-2018, 05:32 PM

:aok:

hibby6270
15-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Sure I heard on SSN earlier today that of the £35m fee, £5m will go to agent. Scandalous!!

Having said that, tying up a top class player for 2-4 years at that price is probably a “bargain” in the EPL. SSN also reporting that Man City only prepared to pay £20m now.

Thecat23
15-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Sure I heard on SSN earlier today that of the £35m fee, £5m will go to agent. Scandalous!!

Having said that, tying up a top class player for 2-4 years at that price is probably a “bargain” in the EPL. SSN also reporting that Man City only prepared to pay £20m now.

Can’t blame the agent. If clubs are now willing to pay silly money agents will always get a % of that deal. Bigger the deal bigger the cut!

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Can’t blame the agent. If clubs are now willing to pay silly money agents will always get a % of that deal. Bigger the deal bigger the cut!
Less than 15% of the fee - really not scandalous at all........

ekhibee
15-01-2018, 06:30 PM
They were talking about this on MOTD2 yesterday. Ozil and Wilshire could be away pretty soon too. That amounts to approx. £150 million that Arsenal could end up not getting. But sadly, the real problem is Wenger. Maybe he thought he could persuade these players to stay? That team, without those players, looks really average, and as far as Wenger's situation goes, it's highly unusual to have a situation where the employee dictates the terms of employment rather than the owners. They need a new manager, and I hate saying that, because I remember watching the 'Invincibles' go through the season unbeaten- 1 of the best teams I've ever seen in British football.

hibby6270
15-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Suppose my real point of issue is that it’s the agents who have, over the years, engineered these silly money transfer fees and to a great extent have their own interests at heart first, rather than the players. They are responsible for all these millions being spent, just as much as Sky & now BT Sport have with their ludicrous financial support of the English leagues. That’s the real scandal. It’ll all fall down one day.

Mibbes Aye
15-01-2018, 09:03 PM
They were talking about this on MOTD2 yesterday. Ozil and Wilshire could be away pretty soon too. That amounts to approx. £150 million that Arsenal could end up not getting. But sadly, the real problem is Wenger. Maybe he thought he could persuade these players to stay? That team, without those players, looks really average, and as far as Wenger's situation goes, it's highly unusual to have a situation where the employee dictates the terms of employment rather than the owners. They need a new manager, and I hate saying that, because I remember watching the 'Invincibles' go through the season unbeaten- 1 of the best teams I've ever seen in British football.

I'm sure that a Sanchez move was on in the last window but fell through because because Thomas Lemar, the player Wenger wanted to replace him with, wouldn't come despite Monaco accepting Arsenal's offer.

I think at least some of the time there will be a domino effect, particularly at the level of attacking players of that stature, where the market is finite.

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2018, 09:04 PM
How does having lots of money equate to souless?

Nothing wrong with the EPL. I get to see world class players and some quality games.

I really don’t get, or believe folk when they say they’d rather watch St Mirren on Alba! If that’s the case you’re missing out on some cracking football.

The money paid now is irrelevant. Most top players will soon go for 100m +.

Thecat23
15-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Suppose my real point of issue is that it’s the agents who have, over the years, engineered these silly money transfer fees and to a great extent have their own interests at heart first, rather than the players. They are responsible for all these millions being spent, just as much as Sky & now BT Sport have with their ludicrous financial support of the English leagues. That’s the real scandal. It’ll all fall down one day.

I agree, the money from Sky etc will one day stop! Until then everyone will try get rich from it. Unreal the money that’s out there just now really is!

calumhibee1
15-01-2018, 09:16 PM

Nothing wrong with the EPL. I get to see world class players and some quality games.

I really don’t get, or believe folk when they say they’d rather watch St Mirren on Alba! If that’s the case you’re missing out on some cracking football.

Are you really missing out on cracking football though? I'd say the majority of Premiership football could bore you to tears, especially the games between the big sides. Obviously there's some exceptions, such as the Liverpool game last night, but a lot of it is absolutely tedious and games between the bottom end teams are atrocious.

As for world class players, there's no more than 4 or 5 in that entire league.

Mango Man
15-01-2018, 09:31 PM

Because it's so overblown, it's so much more corporate than our game up here, billionaires play toys. Obviously there are world class players and amazing games played, but over the last couple of seasons, for me, I've just really been paying attention to Scottish football.

I can honestly say, if the Dundee derby was on TV the same time as the Manchester derby, and I had to choose, It's the Dundee one all day long for me, maybe not a few years ago though.

lapsedhibee
15-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Manchester C no longer interested in Sanchez. His meagre £400,000 a week demand apparently too high.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Are you really missing out on cracking football though? I'd say the majority of Premiership football could bore you to tears, especially the games between the big sides. Obviously there's some exceptions, such as the Liverpool game last night, but a lot of it is absolutely tedious and games between the bottom end teams are atrocious.

Don't be ridiculous, have a look at the teamsheets for the top four.

yonder1875
15-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Premier League was a bit dull for a few years but I think this season has had some cracking games so far, few very exciting teams to watch on their day. Think City and Liverpool will go far in the CL.

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Thing is, if a lot of the top players in the EPL played for Barca or Real then everyone would say they were world class!!

If there’s a live SPFL game I’ll watch that over the EPL every time but other than that I’ll watch an English game if it’s on.

I can barely stomach watching Hibs on Alba let alone some lower league game!

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2018, 01:03 AM

That is nonsense. Ozil, Sanchez, De Gea, Pogba, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Salah, Mane, Kane, Hazard, Azipilicueta, Courtious are all world class along with many top prospects like Sane, Martial, Sterling and Alli

Games between the big sides have been good this season, Arsenal 3 - 3 Liverpool
Arsenal 2 - 2 Chelsea
Liverpool 4 - 3 City
Arsenal 1 - 3 United
City 5 - 0 Liverpool
Spurs 4 - 1 Liverpool

jgl07
16-01-2018, 02:02 AM
I don’t think that City really wanted to sign him in this window in the first place. When they failed inter last window, .the plan was always to hope to get him in the Summer on a free. There was concern about disrupting the squad who were doing pretty well without him. Those with long memories may recall when Rodney Marsh signed for City in the early 1970s and arguable cost City the League title.

Then with the deteriorating relationship between Sanchez and his Arsenal team mates coupled with the injury to Gabriel de Jesus pushed City into making a bid in case he moved elsewhere.

Since the injury of Jesus is not as bad as first feared and the astronomical sums mentioned of £30 million plus another £5 million for the agent and wages being demanded killed off the interest. I suspect that if the current moves break down, City may think again in the Summer.

MagicSwirlingShip
16-01-2018, 02:05 AM
Says a lot about the power Champions League qualification has.

Finish out with the top 4 down south and it’s practically a given your top talent will be offski.

HibernianJK
16-01-2018, 05:44 AM
That is nonsense. Ozil, Sanchez, De Gea, Pogba, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Salah, Mane, Kane, Hazard, Azipilicueta, Courtious are all world class along with many top prospects like Sane, Martial, Sterling and Alli

Games between the big sides have been good this season, Arsenal 3 - 3 Liverpool
Arsenal 2 - 2 Chelsea
Liverpool 4 - 3 City
Arsenal 1 - 3 United
City 5 - 0 Liverpool
Spurs 4 - 1 Liverpool

Shhh, don’t say that too loud. You’ll upset the people trying to be different by not liking the EPL.

Ryan69
16-01-2018, 06:54 AM

£35 million is peanuts for these clubs....and you will be struggling in todays market to get someone half as good as Sanchez for that amount.

So im sure they will be only too happy too pay it!

HFC 0-7
16-01-2018, 07:57 AM
If he had 4 years left on his contract he's a £100m plus player, i'd wait until the summer if i was him, and take the £50m signing on fee and £400-500k a week wages.

Greedy, you bet, but why not?

Have to watch giving players such a large salary, makes getting current players to sign extensions difficult as they want more money, and other players coming in will be aware and want more money.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Have to watch giving players such a large salary, makes getting current players to sign extensions difficult as they want more money, and other players coming in will be aware and want more money.

Do you really believe Sanchez would sign on for less than £400k a week if he went anywhere for free in the summer?

Christ the way things are going, it could even rise to more.