PDA

View Full Version : Safe Standing At Easter Road

Chuck Rhoades
14-01-2018, 06:50 PM
I am looking to collate information from Hibs supporters on the possibility of Safe Standing being introduced at Easter Road to then take forward to the Club for initial discussion. This will no doubt be the first of a couple of surveys required to collate supporter feedback.

I would appreciate if you can take a minute of your time to complete the below survey. It's multiple choice, so quick and simple. It's also mobile/tablet friendly.

Thanks in advance - I will share results and outcome of discussions with the Club in due course.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TFC28P6

Cheers

Ross

Lee Marvin
14-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Would love this. East stand please. Initially would have said FF lower, but do not think the singing section works in this stand.

cabbageandribs1875
14-01-2018, 07:03 PM
better chance of getting loyalty points back than there is of getting standing, unfortunately

JimboHibs
14-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Done ..... good luck and well done for giving it a go.

aljo7-0
14-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Done.

Future17
14-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Would love this. East stand please. Initially would have said FF lower, but do not think the singing section works in this stand.

I think it would have to be FF Lower. I don't think the East would work unless at the very end...which I don't think would be attractive to those wanting to stand.

Pretty Boy
14-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Done. Good luck.

CMurdoch
14-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Done.

No chance this will happen because it would cost a load of cash to put in place and won't bring much new cash in.

e.g. The current public address system is not fit for purpose, the club know this but don't see it being worth spending money on to put it right.

The club is all about bringing more money in not spending more money unnecessarily. Hence the endless and expensive player of the year, hall of fame dinners, shows, hospitality packages, mascot packages, special cup final memorabilia, opportunities to play at Easter Road etc etc etc

Kojock
14-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Cost Cetic £500,000 for 2600 spaces so around £200 per space.

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Done.

Wouldn't be willing to contribute to it.

Chuck Rhoades
14-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Cost Cetic £500,000 for 2600 spaces so around £200 per space.

That section cost just under £300k. Current estimates are £100 per seat - price variable clearly depending and condition of current area, area chosen (e.g. Celtic section is curved), price of materials in current market.

Kojock
14-01-2018, 07:44 PM
That section cost just under £300k. Current estimates are £100 per seat - price variable clearly depending and condition of current area, area chosen (e.g. Celtic section is curved), price of materials in current market.

I just took the figures from a report at the time, how many spaces would be required and would capacity be increased or decreased for safe standing TIA

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Done. Can't see it happening but the information will be interesting all the same.

yonder1875
14-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Done, hope something can materialise in the near future.

trev the hat
14-01-2018, 08:03 PM
I am looking to collate information from Hibs supporters on the possibility of Safe Standing being introduced at Easter Road to then take forward to the Club for initial discussion. This will no doubt be the first of a couple of surveys required to collate supporter feedback.

I would appreciate if you can take a minute of your time to complete the below survey. It's multiple choice, so quick and simple. It's also mobile/tablet friendly.

Thanks in advance - I will share results and outcome of discussions with the Club in due course.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TFC28P6

Cheers

Ross

Done,
Well done in taking this forward I’d love to see this implemented at ER.

Keith_M
14-01-2018, 08:03 PM
If you answer No to supporting the introduction of safe standing, why are you then forced to say which part of the stadium you think is most suitable for it?

:confused:

Chuck Rhoades
14-01-2018, 08:07 PM
If you answer No to supporting the introduction of safe standing, why are you then forced to say which part of the stadium you think is most suitable for it?

Valid point. I will try amend for future submissions.

wookie70
14-01-2018, 08:08 PM
I've filled it in but I'm not sure about the methodology of the survey. I answered I wasn't in favour of safe standing. I was then asked what area the safe standing would be best in. My answer would have been none or in a new area/corner. I never got the option so chose south lower.

Hope you get a good few replies and it will be interesting to see what fans think. It's purely a money thing for me. If we needed extra space then I would definitely say it was worth looking at. That isn't the case currently and I would rather we spent money making us better on the field.

wearethehibs
14-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Done. Would love to see safe standing in the section behind the goals in FF lower.

Onceinawhile
14-01-2018, 08:15 PM
If people had shown a little forethought and agreed to a two tier stand when we replaced the east the bottom tier would have been perfect.

Instead we got "aye but cannae hae any atmosphere wi two tiers but" and there's now nowhere sensible for it to go.

brianmc
14-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Bizarrely, some people still don't seem to understand that introducing a safe standing area would have zero effect on capacity!

Blaster
14-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Bizarrely, some people still don't seem to understand that introducing a safe standing area would have zero effect on capacity!

It would if it was in the north east corner 😉

theonlywayisup

Was going to make the same point.

Seems a very one sided survey.

How about a question about what your actions would be if Safe Standing was to be introduced in the area where you sit. For example, would you join them, move somewhere else, give up your season ticket.

I'd be for it. Would have to be the East though, where the singing section really should be anyway.

brianmc
14-01-2018, 08:20 PM
If people had shown a little forethought and agreed to a two tier stand when we replaced the east the bottom tier would have been perfect.

Instead we got "aye but cannae hae any atmosphere wi two tiers but" and there's now nowhere sensible for it to go.

The single tier East Stand was a cost based decision.

Onceinawhile
14-01-2018, 08:22 PM
The single tier East Stand was a cost based decision.

No it wasn't. Hibs offered us both choices and the fans overwhelmingly backed the single tier. There was only about .5m of a difference and hibs would've built either.

brianmc
14-01-2018, 08:22 PM
I'd be for it. Would have to be the East though, where the singing section really should be anyway.

Agreed. Make it the back ten rows the length of the Stand and it'd be immense 🇳🇬

wookie70
14-01-2018, 08:30 PM

I think I am the only one that mentioned capacity. I'm pretty sure I understand the arguments but please enlighten me if I don't. My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.

brianmc
14-01-2018, 08:44 PM
I think I am the only one that mentioned capacity. I'm pretty sure I understand the arguments but please enlighten me if I don't. My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.

I agree, we don't need more capacity. The thought of introducing safe standing has nothing to do with capacity. It's about improving the atmosphere and choice for the support (in modern speak the match day experience).

Perhaps if you'd said 'we don't need to pee money down the drain trying to keep the fans happy or trying to improve the atmosphere at games' rather than making reference to capacity your post would've been clearer 😉

In my defence I'm multi tasking this debate between here, the Bounce and Facebook! Apologies if my response here had been influenced by others posts from elsewhere..

derekduval
14-01-2018, 08:46 PM
If it costs £200 a seat/stand to put in what about if those people who wanted to stand paid £200 for their spot and then they could have it for as long as they kept their season ticket. Obviously you would need to wait until every space was paid for and you would see if the demand is there. If people really want to stand what’s £200 if it makes your experience better. At the end of the day it can really only happen in the east and sure I read that the gradient is to steep it’s certainly not going to happen in the ff lower.

Bobo
14-01-2018, 08:47 PM
My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.

Fully agree, there's no benefit in changing the existing seating to accommodate safe standing. It needs to be an addition to the stadium capacity and a new build in one of the corners.

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Done.

Unless the club is willing to spend a million quid building in the FF / East corner ( highly unlikely ) the only place this will ever work is the FF lower ... I don't think the current FF upper section is any indication that this wouldn't work really well in the lower and I would add that I would have to move if this came to pass, which I would happily do. But if you ask me its a long shot that the club will move the family section, good luck though.

Leith's finest
14-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Think maybe the top 5 rows in east would be a decent call

Kojock
14-01-2018, 09:03 PM

I bizarrely asked if it would increase or decrease capacity i.e. does a standing space seat take up the same space as a normal seat. Simple question I thought.

wookie70
14-01-2018, 09:27 PM
I bizarrely asked if it would increase or decrease capacity i.e. does a standing space seat take up the same space as a normal seat. Simple question I thought.

Looks like the answer is capacity neutral from the response. Was that not what happened at Celtic Park.

Kojock
14-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Looks like the answer is capacity neutral from the response. Was that not what happened at Celtic Park.

No idea mate, that is why I asked 😂

SunshineOnLeith
14-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Was going to make the same point.

Seems a very one sided survey.

How about a question about what your actions would be if Safe Standing was to be introduced in the area where you sit. For example, would you join them, move somewhere else, give up your season ticket.

Ditto.

It's a "how do you think safe standing should be introduced?" survey, rather than "do you want safe standing?", and so long as the results are interpreted/presented with this in mind then that's fair enough.

WeveGotMcginn
14-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Done good luck[emoji1360] fill in the corners & put safe standing there :stirrer: :greengrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicSwirlingShip
14-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Done. FF upper for me. Happy to contribute

Steve-O
15-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Done.

No chance this will happen because it would cost a load of cash to put in place and won't bring much new cash in.

e.g. The current public address system is not fit for purpose, the club know this but don't see it being worth spending money on to put it right.

The club is all about bringing more money in not spending more money unnecessarily. Hence the endless and expensive player of the year, hall of fame dinners, shows, hospitality packages, mascot packages, special cup final memorabilia, opportunities to play at Easter Road etc etc etc

Not sure about that - it is a way of increasing capacity on the cheap when attendances are at record highs...

Steve-O
15-01-2018, 12:23 AM

I thought I'd read previously that for every 1 seat you can have 2-3 people standing? Perhaps in Germany.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2018, 12:54 AM
I’m all for this and have been for years. Hope it gets installed!

Hermit Crab
15-01-2018, 01:08 AM
FFL and SL are good candidates to convert.

southern hibby
15-01-2018, 01:30 AM
Done and more than willing to pay for it.

GGTTH

AgentDaleCooper
15-01-2018, 02:14 AM
it would be amazing to have this in the north east corner, and tbh, if we keep our attendances at the current level for a couple of years, we'd be as well to do so anyway - there'd be no harm in having another 1,000 seats available when our average attendance is 18k.

RamYer1902
15-01-2018, 03:36 AM
Done [emoji172]

lyonhibs
15-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Not sure about that - it is a way of increasing capacity on the cheap when attendances are at record highs...

But is it? I thought Celtic have this rail seating as standing areas aren't allowed in UEFA competitions. So there's seats there, just like elsewhere, but for league games they are "locked up". It's 1 person per seat so I don't think safe standing increases the capacity at all and if it does, it's not by very much at all.

CentreLine
15-01-2018, 06:34 AM
I see why a relatively small number of supporters would want this but feel the club has other priorities for spending money.
Once the team is getting regular success then perhaps it would be time to look at this.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Hope this goes through, the uk is falling behind stadia wise as more and more countries are allowing this in their stadiums.

Brightside
15-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Id rather spend the money on playing staff.

Big_Franck
15-01-2018, 07:18 AM
New standing area in the corner of the north and east, with a supporters bar/lounge directly behind and above it would be unreal. Not sure how much that would cost though.

Would the price not be kept down if we just made it a standing area and didnt have the bolt up seats that celtc have? We'd not be able to use that area for european games once every 5 years or so but so what. We can use the vast majority of the south in any possible european games.

green&left
15-01-2018, 07:26 AM
But is it? I thought Celtic have this rail seating as standing areas aren't allowed in UEFA competitions. So there's seats there, just like elsewhere, but for league games they are "locked up". It's 1 person per seat so I don't think safe standing increases the capacity at all and if it does, it's not by very much at all.

Werder (Or might've been Hannover) have the "Celtic" model of safe standing and can get 2 people to 1 seat. I think Celtic proposed a ratio of 1.5 people to one seat but Glasgow Council H&S being the stumbling block.

Noticed the Union Bears along with Club 1872 yesterday are campaigning for the same thing at Ibrox.

Anyhoo questionnaire filled in and shared. Having experienced it at a few German stadiums i'd love to see it implemented in Scotland. Would also be willing to contribute to costs.

offshorehibby
15-01-2018, 07:37 AM
I voted no, i am not totally opposed to a safe standing area but would rather any money spent on he team for the foreseeable future.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2018, 07:41 AM
I voted no, i am not totally opposed to a safe standing area but would rather any money spent on he team for the foreseeable future.

What about a fan funded safe standing section?

offshorehibby
15-01-2018, 07:50 AM

I wouldn't be against solely fan funded effort but if you look at the apathy to HSL.

marinello59
15-01-2018, 08:31 AM

If it makes financial sense to have safe standing then it’s down to the club to fund it. They should however charge a premium price to those who see it as the most attractive way to watch fitba.

sadtom
15-01-2018, 08:57 AM
As others have said, i think the corner between East and FF would be the ideal standing/singing section. People can still buy ST's but its for the section not a specific 'spot' allows people to still congregate with their mates more easily (something that i think all seating makes difficult). If it proves popular then it could 'spill' round into the FF lower as per demand. Would have loved something like this for a while, though now at my age i'm a bit more partial to having a seat than i used to be.
There is no doubt that standing helps with creating 'atmosphere'.

jgl07
15-01-2018, 09:55 AM
I think it would have to be FF Lower. I don't think the East would work unless at the very end...which I don't think would be attractive to those wanting to stand.
The FF Lower would be a nightmare to implement. The whole Family Stand would have to be relocated. Imagine the complaints that would generate. The same could be said for the FF Upper another area with very high season ticket sales. The East would also be a non-starter and as for the West.......

It would cost the club a lot of money with no additional revenue. Indeed I suspect there would be demand for lower prices for standing areas.

There is no way that Hibs will commit capital spend for zero revenue when that cash would be better spent on the Team for no reason other than to satisfy a few obsessives who want to relive their youth.

If it is going to happen anywhere, it will be in a Corner preferably between the FF and the East. It would be costly but it would expand capacity and give more revenue for six or seven matches a season.

lyonhibs
15-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Werder (Or might've been Hannover) have the "Celtic" model of safe standing and can get 2 people to 1 seat. I think Celtic proposed a ratio of 1.5 people to one seat but Glasgow Council H&S being the stumbling block.

Noticed the Union Bears along with Club 1872 yesterday are campaigning for the same thing at Ibrox.

Anyhoo questionnaire filled in and shared. Having experienced it at a few German stadiums i'd love to see it implemented in Scotland. Would also be willing to contribute to costs.

So at Celtic it is 1:1? Just curious. This is 2018 not 1978 so I'd imagine there'll be, especially in the UK, a real focus on the "safe" element of "safe standing" even when it is allowed, and rightly so.

Kojock
15-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Has there ever been a feasibility study done, or are Hibs just saying, "too expensive, not happening"

Onceinawhile
15-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Has there ever been a feasibility study done, or are Hibs just saying, "too expensive, not happening"

Hibs are saying "we want to put all available resources towards the team".

lucky
15-01-2018, 11:49 AM
I’m against this. We should not be wasting money on unnecessary stadium redeployment. I’d much rather it was spent or the team or even further development of East Mains.

Keith_M
15-01-2018, 11:52 AM
I thought I'd read previously that for every 1 seat you can have 2-3 people standing? Perhaps in Germany.

Germany has a number of different approaches to safe standing, not all of which are rail seating. There are also different ratios of seating to standing.

The Allianz Arena is roughly 6:5 (standing:seating), whereas Signal Iduna Park (Dortmund) is 2:1.

Celtc Park has a 1:1 ratio, where you're allocated a seat number and you're supposed to stand in that specific space.

K.Marx
15-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Safe standing sections will be the norm up and down the UK in 5 years time. Would be good for hibs to get on board with this but I imagine any initiative will need to be fan funded, as it will for most clubs north of the border.

Kojock
15-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Hibs are saying "we want to put all available resources towards the team".

If it's 1.1 then it wouldn't be feasible, however if it was a ratio 2.1 then it could be cost effective without loss of any team funding.

Green_one
15-01-2018, 12:34 PM
If it's 1.1 then it wouldn't be feasible, however if it was a ratio 2.1 then it could be cost effective without loss of any team funding.

Only over time and only if that high ratio was feasible. The stands were built for people sitting and for that number of people. Having standing areas means new 'seats' and adding capacity means other changes. What happens to those sitting behind the standers for example. Empty row?

Plus we have to fill those extra spaces, otherwise we are just cramming the same crowd into smaller areas. Still unconvinced about the 'atmosphere' arguement and that standing does not bring back safety and behaviour issues that are in the past.

I stood for decades, with limited visibility, pushing and sometimes dangerous crowd movement. Just going to the toilets or for a pie could be challenging.

I completed the survey but it has a clear biaise.

Kojock
15-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Only over time and only if that high ratio was feasible. The stands were built for people sitting and for that number of people. Having standing areas means new 'seats' and adding capacity means other changes. What happens to those sitting behind the standers for example. Empty row?

Plus we have to fill those extra spaces, otherwise we are just cramming the same crowd into smaller areas. Still unconvinced about the 'atmosphere' arguement and that standing does not bring back safety and behaviour issues that are in the past.

I stood for decades, with limited visibility, pushing and sometimes dangerous crowd movement. Just going to the toilets or for a pie could be challenging.

I completed the survey but it has a clear biaise.

I'm off an age now where I prefer to sit, however have no objections to a safe standing area being introduced if feasible.

FifeHibernian
15-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Too many naysayers on here. It might cost more initially but if it created a better atmosphere it might encourage more fans. I'm all for it.

Onceinawhile
15-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Too many naysayers on here. It might cost more initially but if it created a better atmosphere it might encourage more fans. I'm all for it.

Given that we are pretty close to sell out most games, where would they go?

cmcd
15-01-2018, 03:56 PM
I'm off an age now where I prefer to sit, however have no objections to a safe standing area being introduced if feasible.

I am certainly of age I don't/can't stand for any length of time

Chuck Rhoades
15-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. Over 750 of you have done so.

I take on the feedback regarding the way the survey has been worded. I have also noted the comments around still being forced to complete the full survey even though you have answered "No" to being supportive of Safe Standing.

As noted in the opening post, this will undoubtedly be first of a couple of supporter surveys to obtain important information on the subject matter.

This information allows me to facilitate an initial discussion with the club. It's something I am personally passionate about having attended dozens of matches across Europe and seeing the difference Safe Standing areas can make to the atmosphere within a stadium.

Keep sharing, completing and providing your comments on here. I commit to coming back in the next week or so with the findings of the survey.

Also keen for those interested in getting involved in this contacting me direct - I don't know all the answers nor hold the keys to make this possible, so please get in touch if you can lend support.

Cheers,

Ross

wookie70
15-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. Over 750 of you have done so.

I take on the feedback regarding the way the survey has been worded. I have also noted the comments around still being forced to complete the full survey even though you have answered "No" to being supportive of Safe Standing.

As noted in the opening post, this will undoubtedly be first of a couple of supporter surveys to obtain important information on the subject matter.

This information allows me to facilitate an initial discussion with the club. It's something I am personally passionate about having attended dozens of matches across Europe and seeing the difference Safe Standing areas can make to the atmosphere within a stadium.

Keep sharing, completing and providing your comments on here. I commit to coming back in the next week or so with the findings of the survey.

Also keen for those interested in getting involved in this contacting me direct - I don't know all the answers nor hold the keys to make this possible, so please get in touch if you can lend support.

Cheers,

Ross

I'm not for safe standing but I really like the idea of using surveys as a means of communicating with fans. well done on getting such a good response

One Day
15-01-2018, 08:34 PM
completed

Kojock
15-01-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm not for safe standing but I really like the idea of using surveys as a means of communicating with fans. well done on getting such a good response

Maybe you could do one Wookie for the return of a loyalty point system 👍

CathroMustStay
15-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Id rather spend the money on playing staff.

Football without the fans is nothing.

Any Hibs fan who is opposed to introducing safe standing to Easter Road is a complete and utter moron.

With all due respect.

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Preferred option would be Ff / East corner with safe standing top to bottom. No kids allowed.

Make it compulsory that it’s full every game and they gotta have huge displays. And a drum. :thumbsup:

wookie70
15-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Maybe you could do one Wookie for the return of a loyalty point system 👍 Might be be better staying out of that for a while lol

Kojock
15-01-2018, 08:52 PM

Any Hibs fan who is opposed to introducing safe standing to Easter Road is a complete and utter moron.

With all due respect.
I'm for safe standing only if a/it doesn't impact the player budget b/ I don't have to move seat.

Albanian Hibs
15-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Done

.Sean.
15-01-2018, 08:58 PM
New standing area in the corner of the north and east, with a supporters bar/lounge directly behind and above it would be unreal. Not sure how much that would cost though.

Would the price not be kept down if we just made it a standing area and didnt have the bolt up seats that celtc have? We'd not be able to use that area for european games once every 5 years or so but so what. We can use the vast majority of the south in any possible european games.
Great idea in regards to it being a standing area rather than rail seats

seanshow
15-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Having listened to the podcast Q&As with the fans representatives and the insight into club finance, Safe standing upgrades would probably be about 104th on a list of things to spend money on, with introducung hot water in the toilets being number 103.
It would be nice but,Totally wasting your time imo.

EastCalderHibby
15-01-2018, 09:03 PM
done . how hard /awkward would this be to create a standing area in the corner between the east /famous also increases capacity win win

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2018, 06:03 AM

With all due respect.That'll win the doubters over [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Ken
16-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Done, although there was no option for it to be located in the new corner section between the East and the FF [emoji3] Ideal location [emoji1303]

Keith_M
16-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Cheers,

Ross

:aok:

hughio
16-01-2018, 09:12 AM

agree

Too much negativity.

Let's get on board with this.

Atmosphere at games is what its all about IMO.

Ross4356
16-01-2018, 09:27 AM
As previously mentioned, during the consultancy phase when the East was being planned, it was confirmed that if a single tier was the chosen option it would be too steep to ever have a safe standing area.

wookie70
16-01-2018, 09:29 AM
agree

Too much negativity.

Let's get on board with this.

Atmosphere at games is what its all about IMO.

More than one way to create a good atmosphere. If Hibs were playing fast, free flowing football and scoring goals for fun there would be a great atmosphere at ER most weeks regardless of whether fans are seated or standing. I've been to plenty games at ER where we had a reasonable sized standing support and zero atmosphere and that was the days where the atmosphere was far better than it is now.

NAE NOOKIE
16-01-2018, 11:34 AM
I’m against this. We should not be wasting money on unnecessary stadium redeployment. I’d much rather it was spent or the team or even further development of East Mains.

From Leeann Dempster's most recent interview East Mains is without doubt #1 on Hibs list of priorities, with a full sized indoor training facility being top of the wish list. I'm guessing that would cost north of a million quid, so any spending on ER itself will be taking a back seat meantime I would imagine, especially spending the club look on as unnecessary.

With an unlimited budget we would almost certainly do the following:

1 .... A full sized indoor pitch at East Mains
2..... Fill in all the corners at ER including a large screen in at least one corner
3......A new PA system
4......A brand new supporters bar at least as big as the FF one was
5......Hot water in the bogs
6......A safe standing area

Now if anybody has a spare 20 million quid lying around I'm sure Hibs would be happy to hear from you :greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-01-2018, 07:34 PM
As previously mentioned, during the consultancy phase when the East was being planned, it was confirmed that if a single tier was the chosen option it would be too steep to ever have a safe standing area.

Is the East as steep as the yellow wall at Dortmund?

Hermit Crab
16-01-2018, 07:35 PM
From Leeann Dempster's most recent interview East Mains is without doubt #1 on Hibs list of priorities, with a full sized indoor training facility being top of the wish list. I'm guessing that would cost north of a million quid, so any spending on ER itself will be taking a back seat meantime I would imagine, especially spending the club look on as unnecessary.

With an unlimited budget we would almost certainly do the following:

1 .... A full sized indoor pitch at East Mains
2..... Fill in all the corners at ER including a large screen in at least one corner
3......A new PA system
4......A brand new supporters bar at least as big as the FF one was
5......Hot water in the bogs
6......A safe standing area

Now if anybody has a spare 20 million quid lying around I'm sure Hibs would be happy to hear from you :greengrin

We do not need the corners filled in. Anyway, with segregation for the OF and Hearts you wouldn't be able to use the seats in the corners of the South/East, South/West.

Keith_M
16-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Is the East as steep as the yellow wall at Dortmund?

It's actually steeper.

Hermit Crab
16-01-2018, 07:39 PM
It's actually steeper.

Is it really?

Keith_M
16-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Is it really?

Having been in both, I'd say so, yeah.

cmcd
16-01-2018, 09:08 PM

With all due respect.
Back in the late 50s 60s and 70s I liked to stand in the West next to the tunnel.but not any more as I'm not able to stand for 90mins so does that make me a moron?

green&left
16-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Back in the late 50s 60s and 70s I liked to stand in the West next to the tunnel.but not any more as I'm not able to stand for 90mins so does that make me a moron?

If you can't stand for 90 minutes but opt to go in a standing section, then aye.

Nobodies talking about ripping every seat out nor forcing anyone to stand :rolleyes: