PDA

View Full Version : Cummings to Ibrox....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hibby soldier
14-01-2018, 06:23 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-set-sign-jason-cummings-11850829

Ryan69
14-01-2018, 06:29 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-set-sign-jason-cummings-11850829

Disgusting...

Wull
14-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Disgusting...

Yip my thoughts exactly

TheMentalHibees
14-01-2018, 06:33 PM
No ambition. Chucked in the towel down south after 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off the bar
14-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Urghh better than him going across the city but only very marginally

brianmc
14-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Surely no!

Can't see any benefit at all in this for
Cummings...

Surely, as Forest have just appointed a new manager, he'd want to stay there and prove his worth?

*Let's not all suddenly take that weegie rag as gospel though folks!

Nameless
14-01-2018, 06:36 PM
With that, I think the Huns have 3rd sewn up. He fills the void left by Miller's injury. I'm immensely disappointed, but not surprised. While I can't wish a Hun well, I do hope he win a move to a better team after this 6 month shop window.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
14-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Not at all surprising tbh. Forest was a bad move for him in their current nick plus I don't think he's technically gifted enough to cut it at that level yet.

A player that left and I wish him no luck whatsoever at that shower.

SteveHFC
My dad predicted he would end up there in January as soon as he left hibs

Delboy4
Photo of him arriving at Glasgow airport on Twitter. Going for talks with the ****!

Joe6-2
Very disappointed in this

Bishop Hibee
14-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Saddened by this. The only crumb of comfort is it isn’t Hertz.

brianmc
14-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Photo of him arriving at Glasgow airport on Twitter. Going for talks with the ****!

Correction: Photo of him arriving at Glasgow airport.

Ronniekirk
14-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Surely no!

Can't see any benefit at all in this for
Cummings...

Surely, as Forest have just appointed a new manager, he'd want to stay there and prove his worth?

*Let's not all suddenly take that weegie rag as gospel though folks!

A Teenager played for Forrest against Arsenal in the Cup and was Man of the Match Cummings should of stayed another year with us I M O but got dazzled by lure of Big Wage
Cant see why he wouldn't score goals for The Rangers but chances are he isn't Match fit

SaulGoodman
14-01-2018, 06:41 PM
🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

DavidDavidGray
14-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Gutted. He’ll score a fair amount for them, almost guaranteed to score against us aswell. Can see why he’s moved as he wants game time and it’s a country he knows well, but why to them Jason why them

we are hibs
14-01-2018, 06:42 PM
No one can take away from him the fact he played his part in helping us win the cup and also scored goals to help us get back up however now he has signed for them I wish him 0 luck and hope he is a miserable failure there. He's the definition of a pre-Madonna.

Roxyhibee
14-01-2018, 06:42 PM
He can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned.

We nicked him for nothing from the bitter Yams and made money from him on a transfer.

Between that time, he inflicted a lot of pain on them, gave us a lot of fun and with a great goal in the 2-2 fightback, the winner in the replay and a pass to Stokes for the first goal in the Final, was absolutely instrumental in me having the greatest day of my Hibs life in 55 years and completely rejuvenating our club.

He owes us nothing and will always be a Hibee hero to me.

HoboHarry
14-01-2018, 06:44 PM

We nicked him for nothing from the bitter Yams and made money from him on a transfer.

Between that time, he inflicted a lot of pain on them, gave us a lot of fun and with a great goal in the 2-2 fightback, the winner in the replay and a pass to Stokes for the first goal in the Final, was absolutely instrumental in me having the greatest day of my Hibs life in 55 years and completely rejuvenating our club.

:top marks

CropleyWasGod
14-01-2018, 06:45 PM
No one can take away from him the fact he played his part in helping us win the cup and also scored goals to help us get back up however now he has signed for them I wish him 0 luck and hope he is a miserable failure there. He's the definition of a pre-Madonna.Is that different from a post-Madonna?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
14-01-2018, 06:46 PM
So much promise while he was with us and to be truthful I didn't think that he would set the heather on fire at Nottingham Forest. Seven league games all as sub and just the one goal to show for it. Makes you wonder why the breadman wanted him so much but didn't give him the game time. So follows Warburton and if that report is correct then he's off to the Huns. The guy has to make a living but his choice or perhaps choices have not been great.

Considering the history between the Huns and us since that great day in May 2016 I would have thought that it would be a long time before any Hibs player or ex Hibs player would play for that lot. Slighter better than him going to the Jambos but only just.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-01-2018, 06:48 PM

:agree:

And can't see how anyone would be that surprised to be honest, Forest never looked a good move for him, his options are few right now, and this looks a chance of an escape - would have been a shock if he turned it down.

HibbySpurs
14-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Disappointing but that’s football, as others have said at least it’s not Hearts

SChibs
14-01-2018, 06:50 PM
I can't be the only one who doesn't care that Cummings is going to rangers?

SMAXXA
14-01-2018, 06:54 PM
It’s true on loan till end of season. For what it’s worth he would have signed for Hearts aswell, his agent is a hun so pushed it through there. He will end up one of those players hated by a number of clubs as don’t think he’s the loyal type.

WoreTheGreen
14-01-2018, 06:54 PM

Ta Jason but with no pace a poor touch and one footed not a great player but a cup hero

jacomo
14-01-2018, 06:55 PM

Not sure we even nicked him from Hertz. They dumped him cos they didn’t want to cover his medical bills, the classy idiots.

JimBHibees
14-01-2018, 06:57 PM

Totally agree.

Firestarter
14-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I'm surprised at this. Extremely surprised.

Still a legend though.

Firestarter
14-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Not sure we even nicked him from Hertz. They dumped him cos they didn’t want to cover his medical bills, the classy idiots.

He then chose us over them when he was fit.

With McLaren signing there's not even an option of bribing him back so if he wants up the road, which is surprising then Glasgow is a good career move.

Leith Green
14-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Cant say im overly fussed to be honest. To put things into perspective , he was a good goal scorer for us at championship level, i didnt think he had a lot else to offer the team, especially when he had to play with his back to goal because of that i was unconvinced he would cut it in the spl and was surprised he got a move to Notts Forest if im being honest.

In 30 years time I will remember him as being part of our Scottish Cup winning side , who he played for after Hibs will never change that .

Clerie Green
14-01-2018, 06:59 PM

This . :top marks . I’d like to wish him all the worst.

cmcd
14-01-2018, 07:01 PM

No you're not .lots of Hibs fans saying Stokes is a lazy this and that but no one was as lazy as Cummings . We have a new striker and another one who has come through the youth system and in my opinion these are the guys we should be talking about

JeMeSouviens
14-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the memories, Jase. Wish you nothing but bad luck with the New Huns and hope you move again soon.

Fife-Hibee
14-01-2018, 07:04 PM

Nah your not the only one! Will always be a hero in my eyes !
I take it we never offered him a return!

AgentDaleCooper
I wish him all the best in his career, but all the worst while he's with them. Let's hope this is a short chapter.

My_Wife_Camille
How is it a lack of ambition? New manager comes in and says he’s not going to get a game so he goes on loan for 6 months to get games and prove himself instead of sitting in the stands doing **** all. The complete opposite of lacking ambition.

By that logic Liam Henderson would be lacking ambition by signing for Hibs on loan instead of sitting at Celtic doing nowt.

SunshineOnLeith
Gutted but not surprised. Reminds me of the Andy Webster situation back when Hearts wouldn't sell to them but were happy to sell to Wigan, then he miraculously ended up at Ibrox within a year.

Elephant Stone
14-01-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the memories, Jase. Wish you nothing but bad luck with the New Huns and hope you move again soon.

I wish him all the best in his career, but all the worst while he's with them. Let's hope this is a short chapter.

erin go bragh
14-01-2018, 07:06 PM
Hope he continues to score against the diets .
One of the immortals .

WhileTheChief..
14-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Couldn’t care less.

Doubt he’ll make make much of an impact there. He’ll end up at Morton or similar within a few years, or Hearts.

Judge-Judy
14-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Absolutely :aok:

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Bingo!

As if he's sitting in Nottingham thinking "I cany sign for anybody in Scotland cause the hibs fans might hate me"

Get over it. He gave his all for Hibernian FC and owes us nothing.

I'll stop short of wishing him well but I can understand the move for both parties.

I said at the time he was not ready to leave hibs and stand by that. A season in our top flight would have better prepared him for a "big" move

Golden Bear
14-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Bingo!

As if he's sitting in Nottingham thinking "I cany sign for anybody in Scotland cause the hibs fans might hate me"

Get over it. He gave his all for Hibernian FC and owes us nothing.

I'll stop short of wishing him well but I can understand the move for both parties.

I said at the time he was not ready to leave hibs and stand by that. A season in our top flight would have better prepared him for a "big" move

Well said.
👍

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2018, 07:11 PM
I knew he' be back up the road within 2 years, although i am surprise its so quick. He's a very average footballer who did the hardest thing very well in the championship.

He did score a few against some SPFL teams.

I'm not convinced he will score as many goals in the SPFL, he could be their Ally McCoist but with a lot of inferior players around him.

He does have youth on his side, but i have never been convinced he could make it much higher than Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Let's not forget he still isn't proven even at Scottish premiership level...so you could say it's a bit of a gamble for Sevco. Always a cup winning hero but I wish him nothing but bad luck at mordor

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
14-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Wish him well but knew he would never make it down south and(smart ass)said it at the time.If Griffiths couldn’t at his stage it was a certainty Cummings an inferior player,wouldn’t.Be interesting to see if he can score goals at Premier League level.

Frazerbob
14-01-2018, 07:15 PM
As others have said, he owes us nothing. Hope he doesn’t get dogs abuse when he returns to ER.

Bet he won’t refuse to celebrate if he scores against us though, the wee *****!

Viva_Palmeiras
14-01-2018, 07:15 PM

Exactly. As for legendary status - intact. It was earned in the effort it took to win that cup and nothing will take that away.

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Let's not forget he still isn't proven even at Scottish premiership level...so you could say it's a bit of a gamble for Sevco. Always a cup winning here but I wish him nothing but bad luck at mordor

A gamble ..do you really think that ?? Anyone who has watched Cummings for us surely has no doubts about his ability to score goals...his record against Rangers and Hearts were top league standard games...if he gets off to a decent start, I'll be astounded if he doesn't net 12-15 goals before end of season.....disappointed we didn't get him back if he fancied games....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cabbage East
14-01-2018, 07:19 PM
He’s barely played this season. By the time he’s sharp enough the season will be over. Having said that, can’t believe he’s gone there. Snide.

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2018, 07:19 PM
A gamble ..do you really think that ?? Anyone who has watched Cummings for us surely has no doubts about his ability to score goals...his record against Rangers and Hearts were top league standard games...if he gets off to a decent start, I'll be astounded if he doesn't net 12-15 goals before end of season.....disappointed we didn't get him back if he fancied games....

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkHe probably will.score goals for them but it shows how far they've fallen when they are hailing this as a marquee signing as he isn't proven at premier league level. As we know when he's not scoring...he contributed very little to team

Pete
14-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Guys a legend. He can go where he likes.

End of.

flash
14-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Jason who?

IGRIGI
14-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Boak inducing and can only wish him the worst possible stay at Hunbrox.

Heisenberg
14-01-2018, 07:22 PM
He’s going to play up to their fans big time. It’ll be absolutely cringeworthy.

cleanyman
14-01-2018, 07:25 PM
This is a big test for him.

Will he be a flop? We'll find out soon enough.

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 07:27 PM
He probably will.score goals for them but it shows how far they've fallen when they are hailing this as a marquee signing as he isn't proven at premier league level. As we know when he's not scoring...he contributed very little to team

I'd take a 25 goal a season striker over a "worker" any day....and tbh, their transfer window signings have been the best in the league so far.....so they are certainly improving their team...will be a harder opposition between now and end of season

Kato
14-01-2018, 07:28 PM
A jambo acquaintance is spewing at this - was loudly convinced JC was Tynecastle bound and went as far to say he'd score against us in the SC. Tee Hee.

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I'd take a 25 goal a season striker over a "worker" any day....and tbh, their transfer window signings have been the best in the league so far.....so they are certainly improving their team...will be a harder opposition between now and end of season

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI agree about them strengthening...they are having a very good January and the Sheep too with getting niall McGinn back. We have stood still a bit and 4th looks about the best we can hope for unless another couple of arrivals are on horizon...we deffo need a right back and an attacking midfielder...and hopefully keep hold of SJM

Carheenlea
14-01-2018, 07:33 PM
A jambo acquaintance is spewing at this - was loudly convinced JC was Tynecastle bound and went as far to say he'd score against us in the SC. Tee Hee.

The only positive is he is not going to be at Hearts. Will feel a bit like seeing your ex girlfriend hooking up and swanning about town with the local arse hole - not pleasant to see initially but you soon get over it.

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 07:36 PM
I agree about them strengthening...they are having a very good January and the Sheep too with getting niall McGinn back. We have stood still a bit and 4th looks about the best we can hope for unless another couple of arrivals are on horizon...we deffo need a right back and an attacking midfielder...and hopefully keep hold of SJM

Completely agree..if we lose McGinn we will be lightweight compared to Dons and Huns..

DavieB
14-01-2018, 07:37 PM

Agreed.........a bit hard to take but at least it’s not the jambos. Always be a cup final hero!

OsloHibs
14-01-2018, 07:38 PM
I can't believe the nonsense from some on here.. Jason did great for us, and we are missing his goals very much.
That said, I don't want him to do well for them! Urgh.

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2018, 07:39 PM
The only positive is he is not going to be at Hearts. Will feel a bit like seeing your ex girlfriend hooking up and swanning about town with the local arse hole - not pleasant to see initially but you soon get over it.Ha ha great description of how this makes me feel mate 🤣

Lee Marvin
14-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Anyone know what our sell on clause is?

14-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Agreed.........a bit hard to take but at least it’s not the jambos. Always be a cup final hero!

Might have increased the chances of Naismith going to the Jamboz though.

supermcginn
14-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Exactly the same scenario as Griffith's in joining a disgusting club but I'm sure he won't get anything like the hero worship Griffiths gets purely because it's rangers.

The Spaceman
14-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Jason Cummings is a Hibernian FC legend who gave us many smiling points and laughs to help greatly in pulling our club from a near all-time low to a massive high. It is a shame he has ended up at Rangers, but genuinely glad its not Hearts. We have moved on though and so has he - onwards and upwards for us.

Lee Marvin
14-01-2018, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=supermcginn;5276733]Exactly the same scenario as Griffith's in joining a disgusting club but I'm sure he won't get anything like the hero worship Griffiths gets purely because it's rangers.[/QUOT

Cummings isn't a hibs man though. Leigh is, to the core. Celtic are not our direct rivals. Rangers are and have been for 3 years

RossScott1991
14-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Hibs legend.

Won’t boo or cheer his return to us while he’s in a rangers jersey. Not giving him a bad reception. This is the respect I give him for acknowledging his contribution when at hibs

Hope he moves on from the huns sooner rather than later.

lochhibs
14-01-2018, 07:52 PM
for those saying he's a snake, snide etc, remember he signed a new deal so we'd get a transfer fee for him when he could have seen his contract out and left for nowt. personally i think this a great move for him and if he does score against us i'll be very surprised if he celebrated.

Sammy7nil
14-01-2018, 07:54 PM

You're not, I stopped caring the moment he left Hibs. I thought he would return to Scotland as I don't think he has the overall game or pace to make t at a higher level. My only surprise is he is returning so soon without making a real go of it.

BegbieHSC
14-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Judas!

Col2
14-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Don’t wish him well but don’t wish him any bad luck. He will be in and out the team and probably get a few goals (maybe 5 or 6).

He helped give us some great moments, was a huge part in us winning the cup and stayed to help get us promoted before going down south.

Malthibby
Gutted, gutted, gutted.
That place is poison, surely he had better offers?

Hibs90
Disappointed. He's better than that mob.

His agent was no doubt instrumental in this though, diehard hun and a right ****er to boot.

Diclonius
14-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Still a cup winning legend. He's entitled to go wherever he wants to go.

Where he go doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't Hearts. If he signed for Celtic we'd applaud him off the pitch at ER.

GreenOnions
14-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Hibs legend.

Won’t boo or cheer his return to us while he’s in a rangers jersey. Not giving him a bad reception. This is the respect I give him for acknowledging his contribution when at hibs

Hope he moves on from the huns sooner rather than later.

Agreed. Will always acknowledge his contribution at Hibs and hope he does well for himself

Allant1981
14-01-2018, 08:03 PM

he scored those goals in the 1st division, plenty of other strikers have done the same and not been able to in the premier league

Pretty Boy
14-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your part in the cup win. Hope you crash and burn at that shower.

Saint Hibee
14-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Guys a legend. He can go where he likes.

End of.

This. 100%.

oneone73
14-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Thanks for your part in the cup win. Hope you crash and burn at that shower.

This.

bookert
14-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Still a cup winning legend. He's entitled to go wherever he wants to go.

Where he go doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't Hearts. If he signed for Celtic we'd applaud him off the pitch at ER.
Genuine question, why would we applaud him off the park if he signed for Celtic.

kaimendhibs
14-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Genuine question, why would we applaud him off the park if he signed for Celtic.I wouldnt

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bookert
14-01-2018, 08:08 PM
You're not, I stopped caring the moment he left Hibs. I thought he would return to Scotland as I don't think he has the overall game or pace to make t at a higher level. My only surprise is he is returning so soon without making a real go of it.

We should know how to play him, keep him off his left peg.

scoopyboy
14-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Doesn't alter my opinion on him, he was one of the guys instrumental in bringing the Scottish Cup to Easter Road.

Took me fifty years of watching Hibs to see that and several times I thought I was never going to see it.

Wished he'd stayed down south but not unduly concerned.

If he does have a great loan spell it probably means Forest will want him back or he might soar in value meaning Rangers can't afford him.

WoreTheGreen
14-01-2018, 08:11 PM
👍🏻

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2018, 08:11 PM
If he doesn’t score regularly and against Celtic, it could backfire.

After all, Celtic won’t be signing an ex Hibs player who never made it at Nottingham Forest on loan.

While we see Rangers as Europa Cup rivals with Aberdeen, they aspire to challenge Celtic. They won’t get near that status with signings like Cummings and the other guys they’ve brought in.

Gmack7
14-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Judas!

Aye very good

CMurdoch
14-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Rangers: The only game in town, it all makes sense.
August 2017: Cummings gets financially lucrative contract at Notts Forest
As many of us thought, wasn't ready and didn't get much game time.
Manager who signed him sacked.
New guy comes in and agrees Cummings not ready and not as good as other Forest strikers.
Told he can go on loan.
No team in Championship interested.
Options: 1st Division or return to Scotland.
A bit homesick and 1st Division teams not as good as Hibs = failure so not a good option
Celtic : one legged player is not good enough
Aberdeen not interested and status same as Hibs.
Hibs: embarrassing to return to square one after 5 months of nothing.
Rangers, slightly better than Hibs, big name.
Sign on loan & still have lucrative Forest contract as insurance.
Do well and can sign for Rangers in the summer for £1 million when their season ticket money comes in (Don't do well, back to Forest still on lucrative contract, cushty)
Summer 2020, Rangers back on track and Cummings told not in managers plans.
July 2020 back to Hearts or Hibs..............or onto Partick Thistle or Kilmarnock

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Judas!

Embarrassing comment

Why?

Future17
14-01-2018, 08:17 PM
If he does have a great loan spell it probably means Forest will want him back or he might soar in value meaning Rangers can't afford him.

A fee for making any deal permanent will likely be agreed at the time of the loan.

snooky
14-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Given he's a Hearts supporter and came to us (despite his falling out with them) why is anybody surprised he'd sign for the Rangers?
Wasn't one of my favourites while he was here TBH so like some others ho-hum (or ho-hun?) ... who cares really :yawn2:

JimboHibs
14-01-2018, 08:19 PM
More likely just a young lad desperate to play football & Sevco are the only team to show intrest.....though never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

tamig
14-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Disappointed. He's better than that mob.

His agent was no doubt instrumental in this though, diehard hun and a right ****er to boot.

Who is his agent?

WoreTheGreen
Agent plays a blinder but who gives a one

adhibs
Seconds definitely acheivable if thats the calibre rangers are signing. He scored quite a few, but was guilty of missing plenty sitters as we struggled out the championship.

hibsboy69
14-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Oh well, at Least Jason Cummings will take the heat off of Kev Thomson ! :faf:

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 08:23 PM
he scored those goals in the 1st division, plenty of other strikers have done the same and not been able to in the premier league

he also scored in big games against top league quality teams, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts....surely no one who has watched him will doubt he will score goals for them?

lochhibs
14-01-2018, 08:24 PM
being reported 600k fee agreed to make it permanent in the summer.

Kojock
14-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Cumdog to Hundog

hibsboy07
14-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Just another player who used to play for Hibs,don't care about him either way now

Lancs Harp
14-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Will always be a Hibs legend but he'll be kissing the Rangers badge now. Thats football for you. Personally after a wee while I dont think he'll get a starting berth long term, he got found out at Forest, his achilles heel is, despite his goals for us is that he simply doesnt work hard enough.

supermcginn
14-01-2018, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=supermcginn;5276733]Exactly the same scenario as Griffith's in joining a disgusting club but I'm sure he won't get anything like the hero worship Griffiths gets purely because it's rangers.[/QUOT

Cummings isn't a hibs man though. Leigh is, to the core. Celtic are not our direct rivals. Rangers are and have been for 3 years
One won us the Scottish cup , the other didn't!

Deansy
14-01-2018, 08:28 PM
It's sad to see a young-player not give one about his career or name - money is truly the root of all evil.

cleanyman
14-01-2018, 08:29 PM
If you read the NF forums the consensus is that despite limited game time they don't rate him as a player. A bit of a dud actually.

They're just looking to recoup the fee

IGRIGI
14-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Oh well, at Least Jason Cummings will take the heat off of Kev Thomson ! :faf:

Jashun Cummings has a nice ring to it.

😈:greengrin

Allant1981
14-01-2018, 08:31 PM
he also scored in big games against top league quality teams, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts....surely no one who has watched him will doubt he will score goals for them?

yip he did, he was also garbage some weeks against some very poor teams. Cant ever take away the goals he scored in the 1st division and cup games but he hasnt done it week in week out against this quality of defender yet

Hibs90
14-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Who is his agent?

Alan Holdsworth, same guy who represented Scott Allan at Hibs.

Golden Bear
14-01-2018, 08:35 PM
This might pave the way for Naismith finding his way to piggery park.

tamig
14-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Cummings scored a barrowload for us. He’s a finisher. He will score plenty for them up here. I can’t believe some of the dismissive pish on this thread. Reeks of sour grapes. In saying all that, I don’t wish him well at the hun.

Souter96Mac
14-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Are we due money from future transfer?

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 08:38 PM
yip he did, he was also garbage some weeks against some very poor teams. Cant ever take away the goals he scored in the 1st division and cup games but he hasnt done it week in week out against this quality of defender yet

...you've seen him score every type of goal..against every type of defender..he is the best natural penalty box goalscorer we had for many years - I can't understand why anyone wouldn't expect him to score a decent chunk for them..they create a lot of chances. I have no doubt if he gets game time, he will get a good return of goals.

tamig
14-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Alan Holdsworth, same guy who represented Scott Allan at Hibs.

Ah right. We did all right by him getting Jase to sign a new contract though guaranteeing us a fee.

Lago
14-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Thats football now a days, disappointed, but having seen Pat Stanton being introduced at Parkhead I'll get over it.

RG04
14-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Jason Cummings huh......

Remember we are talking about the born yam from a yam family pictured giving it the *-1.....gets released signs for us then is scoring at tynie castle pointing at the badge and thumping his chest! I'm not sure I would play for hearts and do the same in front of the east even if Rod and LD came round and personally burnt down my house!

Also his bumper pay checks at NF seem to have given him a few more nights out in Edinburgh and a "joker" tat on his thigh!

Good luck in Glasgow my friend.......

DickieDastardly
14-01-2018, 08:40 PM

Disappointing he’s going to Der Hun but this post is pretty bang on.

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Ex Hibs player who served us well and is looking to play football and make as much money as he can. The judas and snide remarks are hardly merited. Good luck to him except when he plays against us.

hibsboy69
14-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Dear Jason

Please keep up your brilliant scoring record against Hearts :greengrin

Oh, and don't bother scoring against us as it'll be more bother than it's worth ! :aok:

There's a good lad,

Yours sincerely,
The Hibs Fans

:flag:

wallpaperman
14-01-2018, 08:45 PM
This might pave the way for Naismith finding his way to piggery park.

May not be a bad thing. I had visions of Naismith (who surely cannot feature in the cup tie fitness wise, can he?) going to the Hun and then Hearts desparately trying to get Cummings on loan in time for the cup tie. That would concern me a little......

RIP Bestie
14-01-2018, 08:53 PM

Fantastic post and fantastic attitude.
Hope the majority of our fans feel the same way and show him the respect he deserves when he plays against us.
LEGEND

14-01-2018, 08:59 PM
I'll never dislike Cummings, he contributed to the greatest day of my life, gave us plenty great derby memories, and his goals majorly contributed to us winning promotion last year. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't saddened by him going to the huns of all teams and seeing him with a hun top on will be pretty stomach turning.

Thankyou for the memories and good times Jason but I cannot wish you well with that mob. Anywhere else other than the OF or hearts and I'd be rooting for you to do great things but not there.

If he plays against us at ER for them I wont boo. He's done too much for this club to deserve that but I certainly wont be applauding him if he gets subbed off. I don't even know why people did that for Griffiths in the semi-final. I will never applaud an old firm player regardless of who they are or if they claim to be a boyhood hibs fan, it's just not right.

Deansy
14-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Cummings scored a barrowload for us. He’s a finisher. He will score plenty for them up here. I can’t believe some of the dismissive pish on this thread. Reeks of sour grapes. In saying all that, I don’t wish him well at the hun.

Sadly it's guaranteed he'll score a lot for them - with the decisions they get from the officials in our game he can't fail !. Though how he'll get on at a 'Football Club' where football ISN'T the most important thing is a different matter !

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2018, 09:09 PM
He's untested at Premiership level. Big step up.

Forza Fred
14-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Footballer from championship goes to England, doesn’t make an impact, and six months later, as predicted by many, returns on loan to Scotland.

From my point of view, nothing startling in that.

Jason now has to prove that the SPL IS a level that he is good enough for.

Wish him no harm, but he is not our player and is in a Rangers strip, so don’t wish him well in an6 playing sense, and see his next stop in the footballing equivalent of snakes and ladders game, as being Tynecastle.

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 09:11 PM

Honestly, do you believe that? The games he had for us against Huns, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc..were all "premier league level"..he has just played 10-15 games in the championship - he will already be a better player than when he left. The step up isn't much. He will do fine there. Can't imagine if he signed for us, people would be positing it's a big step up...

Keith_M
14-01-2018, 09:13 PM
As he's playing for The Rangers, I hope his loan spell is a total disaster.

Lancs Harp
14-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Honestly, do you believe that? The games he had for us against Huns, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc..were all "premier league level"..he has just played 10-15 games in the championship - he will already be a better player than when he left. The step up isn't much. He will do fine there. Can't imagine if he signed for us, people would be positing it's a big step up...

Well it would seem we are about to find out.

hibs#1
14-01-2018, 09:15 PM
As he's playing for The Rangers, I hope his loan spell is a total disaster.

This for me. Wish him all the best as a guy but that's out the window whilst he's at the Huns.

7 Up
14-01-2018, 09:22 PM
How has he got on at Forest? Presumably not too well if he's heading back home already.

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed by this. Firstly because it's Rangers he's going to and secondly because he'll score plenty of goals for them.

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2018, 09:26 PM
How has he got on at Forest? Presumably not too well if he's heading back home already.

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed by this. Firstly because it's Rangers he's going to and secondly because he'll score plenty of goals for them.

1 goal in 14 appearances

wallpaperman
14-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Think his chances have been limited. Wiki shows 14 league games and 1 goal, but I doubt many of those games were starts.

He did score a couple of cracking goals in a League Cup match they won at Newcastle (reserve team?), that may end up being the highlight of his Forest career, doubt he'll return to them.

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 09:30 PM
1 goal in 14 appearances

He scored two against Newcastle in the cup....so must be more than that

Lancs Harp
14-01-2018, 09:31 PM
He scored two against Newcastle in the cup....so must be more than that

Wiki just tends to count league apps/goals.

Captain Trips
14-01-2018, 09:31 PM
I hate Sevco more than any other club so I will bow out on what I think of Cummings this evening cup or not.

Callyballybe
14-01-2018, 09:38 PM
'Hun dog' just doesn't have the same ring to it...

snooky
14-01-2018, 09:49 PM
'Hun dog' just doesn't have the same ring to it...

:singing: "You ain't nothin' but a Hundog, shocking all the time" :monkey1::banana: :partyhibb

Lancs Harp
14-01-2018, 09:51 PM
:singing: "You ain't nothin' but a Hundog, shocking all the time" :monkey1::banana: :partyhibb

Very good:greengrin

Firestarter
14-01-2018, 09:56 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂

SunshineOnLeith
14-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Jason Cummings huh......

Remember we are talking about the born yam from a yam family pictured giving it the *-1.....gets released signs for us then is scoring at tynie castle pointing at the badge and thumping his chest! I'm not sure I would play for hearts and do the same in front of the east even if Rod and LD came round and personally burnt down my house!

Also his bumper pay checks at NF seem to have given him a few more nights out in Edinburgh and a "joker" tat on his thigh!

Good luck in Glasgow my friend.......

Hearts, his boyhood team, told him that his dream of playing professional football was over. We offered him a lifeline that he grabbed with both hands.

It's hardly surprising how much he enjoys scoring against them, and equally that he likes to "live the life" a bit.

Scott Allan Key
14-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Is that different from a post-Madonna?

Well, The Rangers needn’t expect miracles from him.

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 10:11 PM
He should have stayed at Hibs to get Premiership experience, but I suppose when the chance comes you have to grab it, lets face it a bad injury or a poor season might have meant the chance never came again.

Gutted he has gone to them, but like everybody else I'm grateful it isn't the Yams coz that would have been worse. All things being said and done he hasn't yet proved himself at Premiership level and hasn't done so at English Championship level either. In view of that and having watched him week in and week out I cant say I would be pishin' ma breeks if he lined up for the Huns against us.

He will always be a Hibs hero ..... but until he moves on he will be a Hun Zero ...... the sooner that happens the sooner I'll be able to get back to loving the wee scamp again :greengrin

erin go bragh
14-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Let’s keep that crap for keek back . Cummings put the ****bos to the sword in almost every game he played them for us .

Heisenberg
14-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Option to buy him in the summer is apparently only 600k and not 1mill. Decent deal for the Huns, unfortunately.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Ex Hibs player who served us well and is looking to play football and make as much money as he can. The judas and snide remarks are hardly merited. Good luck to him except when he plays against us.

GreenCastle
14-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Said it on another thread.

He was always going to come back to Scotland.

The question was..who for.

Glad it’s not the yams as scoring in the derby against us wouldn’t be great.

He may score against us at the Huns too and may still end up at Hearts one day - he’s a character and he / his agent will want the ££

I’m not actually that bothered - he helped us beat the Huns in the cup and that day was priceless plus all the goals against the yams.

Scott Allan Key
14-01-2018, 10:26 PM

Yes, it is really up to Hibs whether we are good enough for Europe qualifying spots. Cummings goals would help The Rangers if he goes there, and I don’t see much point wishing ill will on him.

WeeRussell
14-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Sore one, like it is when any player I like signs for them.

Here’s hoping his time is pish there and he moves on again! I wonder how quickly his “banter” I used to find amusing will not really irritate me :)

Michael
14-01-2018, 10:33 PM
I actually hope he does well...but not against us. Basically, the same as Leigh Griffiths at Celtic.

Sir David Gray
14-01-2018, 10:38 PM
The thought of seeing him play against us for that repulsive club makes me physically sick.

It's marginally better than seeing him play against us in a derby but only just.

WeeRussell
14-01-2018, 10:38 PM
I actually hope he does well...but not against us. Basically, the same as Leigh Griffiths at Celtic.

Looked out for him at Forest and wanted him to do well there. I can’t want any player for them to do well.. if that makes me a bit immature or bitter then I’m okay with that.

B.H.F.C
14-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Looked out for him at Forest and wanted him to do well there. I can’t want any player for them to do well.. if that makes me a bit immature or bitter then I’m okay with that.

It doesn't. If he does well, he'll be scoring goals which means Rangers will be winning games. And I don't want them to win games.

euro Hibby
14-01-2018, 10:44 PM
shame but thats football.

Baader
14-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Terrible move. Two weeks in England or something and given up.

hibeemikey21
14-01-2018, 11:07 PM

Indeed. Would’ve been much smarter to take a loan move to league 1 down south or something. Manageable standard, not in the spotlight and would give him the chance to bed in. Now if he flops at rangers (where he’ll be well and truly under the microscope), things could look fairly bleak for him.....

Iain G
14-01-2018, 11:08 PM

Would you expect anything else?! Shame but not totally unexpected really.

silverhibee
14-01-2018, 11:17 PM
All of this from a photo of him being in Glasgow airport.

Or have a missed something and he done the deal in the airport toilet to sign for the new team.

The Sun reporting he also has interest from down a South.

Who to believe eh.

The Harp
14-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Will always be grateful to Jason for his contribution to the cause. Hope his time at the rangers is a short one and he moves onto a club where I could wish him well.

15-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Indeed. Would’ve been much smarter to take a loan move to league 1 down south or something. Manageable standard, not in the spotlight and would give him the chance to bed in. Now if he flops at rangers (where he’ll be well and truly under the microscope), things could look fairly bleak for him.....

Agree with that, if he wants to have any sort of career in England then coming back to Scotland at the first opportunity may be seen as failure by other English clubs because of their general perception of the standard of Scottish football. His only way back in would then be by fighting for a starting place at Nottingham Forrest next season.

mcohibs
15-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Very appreciative of his goals whilst with us and of course the part he played in the cup win.

People who are wishing him luck are only doing so to go against the grain though. Want that mob to get pumped every game they play and as such I I'll be wishing him nothing but dreadful luck and hope he scores a grand total of 0 goals.

Stokesy's on fire
15-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Very appreciative of his goals whilst with us and of course the part he played in the cup win.

People who are wishing him luck are only doing so to go against the grain though. Want that mob to get pumped every game they play and as such I I'll be wishing him nothing but dreadful luck and hope he scores a grand total of 0 goals.

Well said!

MagicSwirlingShip
15-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Going to sleep tonight hoping he loses his pen & ends up in League 1.

Realistically though, after his cameo for Scotland at Pittodrie, he will be champing at the bit for more Scotland caps and keen to make an impression in front of the new Manager (whoever that may be). History tells us he will be assured a place in future squads as Rangers #9.

The thought of any of the cup winning squad ending up at Ibrox is enough to give me the Boksburg, never mind wee Jase who seemed to love banging them in against them.

Always a legend in my eyes.

Deansy
15-01-2018, 12:58 AM
The thought of seeing him play against us for that repulsive club makes me physically sick.

It's marginally better than seeing him play against us in a derby but only just.

Ditto - it really is heart-breaking !. We rescue him from a life of drawing 0-0 with the 'Scarf-twirlers' only for him to throw it away by joining a club even worse than the club we saved him from ???. What a waste of time, effort and money !!

Forza Fred
15-01-2018, 01:08 AM
He’ll score goals for them no doubt, but not as many as he bagged for us in the championship.

Not quoted at Forest, never sufficiently impressed anyone there, so makes sense to find a club and at least get a game.

Rangers probably best option available for him as possibility of move in the summer.

Wish him no personal ill will, but certainly don’t wish him ‘good luck’ with one of our main rivals.

In fact, not bothered if he misses open goals every week and takes stupid laddie penalties every other.

Think after Rangers, that he WILL eventually turn up at Tynecastle.

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2018, 02:03 AM
Some of the stuff being posted about this from so called Hibs fans, especially on Facebook ( I don't do twitter, I presume its as bad ) is beneath bloody contempt !!!

Anybody who thinks a player wont go where the money is good and he has a better chance of regular football after stagnating for 6 months just because the fans of the club he formerly played for dont like them needs to move out of their sodding parents basement.

I don't like seeing one of our cup winning heroes going to either one of the uglies, especially them, any more than the next guy, but all these folk saying he has lost his Hibs legend status over this can basically **** right off !!! ..... That kid was instrumental in giving me the greatest day I have ever had, or ever will have, supporting this club ... a day that after following Hibs home and away for 40 years since the age of 15 I thought I would never get to see.

Just like I still feel I can criticise Stokes for underperforming I will still give Cummings absolute dogs abuse if he was to score against us and celebrate the way Kenny sodding Miller does when he nets for the Huns at ER ...... But will any of that mean that either Stokes or Cummings will be any less of a legend in my eyes after the dust settles ..... not a bloody chance.

andybev1
15-01-2018, 02:54 AM
He then chose us over them when he was fit.

With McLaren signing there's not even an option of bribing him back so if he wants up the road, which is surprising then Glasgow is a good career move.

i was pissed until this reminded me that it is all cool, i think we have a goal scorer - good luck apart from against us jason.

TelaStella
15-01-2018, 03:03 AM
Not overly concerned by this as I don't think he'll actually do much from now until the end of the season when he'll be off back down the road. Huns already have a good threat upfront with the weird Colombian thing and Murphy will get goals up here easy.

Hibs90
15-01-2018, 05:01 AM
All of this from a photo of him being in Glasgow airport.

Or have a missed something and he done the deal in the airport toilet to sign for the new team.

The Sun reporting he also has interest from down a South.

Who to believe eh.

Theres pics on twitter of him at their training ground.

https://twitter.com/watson0317/status/952642277243056129

hibbiedon
15-01-2018, 05:52 AM
Cummings to ibrox and griffiths to parkhead. Heroes when they were Hibs players but now they are part of the bigot brothers so they can GTF

GreenLake
15-01-2018, 05:55 AM
He's going to dink the ball into Rocky's hands taking his first penalty against us.

Unseen work
15-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Photographed outside rangers training centre.

As previously said, done deal

Pretty Boy
15-01-2018, 06:50 AM
Not sure I get the 'hope he does well' sentiments. He is signing for a rival for a European place, if he does well it helps them and in turn makes our job harder.

I don't wish injury or anything on him but I hope he goes back to Nottingham in the summer without a goal to his name at Ibrox.

bigwheel
15-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Not sure I get the 'hope he does well' sentiments. He is signing for a rival for a European place, if he does well it helps them and in turn makes our job harder.

I don't wish injury or anything on him but I hope he goes back to Nottingham in the summer without a goal to his name at Ibrox.

I don't hope he does well either...but confident he will - he has got all the tools to score goals there....

weecounty hibby
15-01-2018, 07:22 AM
Disappointing but not surprising on two fronts. One, he wasn't going to make it at Forest. Not good enough to play at that level yet and chose the wrong club and manager. Should have stayed with us for another year and she's against better teams on a consistent basis. Two, was always going to come back up to a club who could pay 10kish per week. Not good enough for Celtic so was always going to be der Hun. That's for football.

greenlex
15-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Seen it all before. Hibs hero striker scoring for them. I can go back to Colin Stein.

Robinho08
15-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Wish him well but knew he would never make it down south and(smart ass)said it at the time.If Griffiths couldn’t at his stage it was a certainty Cummings an inferior player,wouldn’t.Be interesting to see if he can score goals at Premier League level.

Griffiths scored 13 goals in 26 appearances for Wolves. He was more than capable of making it, but was he not home sick?

Onion
15-01-2018, 08:51 AM
JC must be desperate. Doesn't change my view on him, though - Hibs Scottish Cup Legend.

Just hope his form over the next few months is awful, that he scores zero goals and the Huns get beat every game.

Betty Boop
15-01-2018, 08:59 AM
What was to stop us asking for a loan deal for him? Wish him all the best .

Tom Hart RIP
15-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Some of the stuff being posted about this from so called Hibs fans, especially on Facebook ( I don't do twitter, I presume its as bad ) is beneath bloody contempt !!!Anybody who thinks a player wont go where the money is good and he has a better chance of regular football after stagnating for 6 months just because the fans of the club he formerly played for dont like them needs to move out of their sodding parents basement.I don't like seeing one of our cup winning heroes going to either one of the uglies, especially them, any more than the next guy, but all these folk saying he has lost his Hibs legend status over this can basically **** right off !!! ..... That kid was instrumental in giving me the greatest day I have ever had, or ever will have, supporting this club ... a day that after following Hibs home and away for 40 years since the age of 15 I thought I would never get to see.Just like I still feel I can criticise Stokes for underperforming I will still give Cummings absolute dogs abuse if he was to score against us and celebrate the way Kenny sodding Miller does when he nets for the Huns at ER ...... But will any of that mean that either Stokes or Cummings will be any less of a legend in my eyes after the dust settles ..... not a bloody chance.My thoughts exactly

CRAZYHIBBY
15-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Kevin thomson doing his best to stay relevant ...telling the record that he will be there to give cummings all the advice he needs.....they love thomson at ibrox you know

Lago
15-01-2018, 09:54 AM
Seen it all before. Hibs hero striker scoring for them. I can go back to Colin Stein.

Yip me too.

FilipinoHibs
15-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Yip me too.

That was my first Hibs heartbreak,

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Kevin thomson doing his best to stay relevant ...telling the record that he will be there to give cummings all the advice he needs.....they love thomson at ibrox you know

Jason Cummings goes to Huns and people use it to bash Kevin Thomson 😀

MrSmith
15-01-2018, 10:14 AM
I'm of the good luck to him or them both Cummings/Thomson camp. In-fact, glad we didn't go back in for him as he's nowt special aside from being a cup winning legend. Good luck Jason :) just not against us.

eastcoasthibby
15-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Hope it all goes pear shaped for him ....though have to say his arrogance and big shot attitude will be right at home there ...hope our defenders let him know he is a game against us he has nailed his colours to the mast !!! ...his time with us has passed ...

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 10:18 AM
I'm of the good luck to him or them both Cummings/Thomson. In-fact, glad we didn't go back in for him as he's nowt special aside from being a cup winning legend. Good luck Jason :) just not against us.

Yeah me too. You can guarantee he will rattle a few in against hertz too.

TrinityHibs
15-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Some of the stuff being posted about this from so called Hibs fans, especially on Facebook ( I don't do twitter, I presume its as bad ) is beneath bloody contempt !!!

Anybody who thinks a player wont go where the money is good and he has a better chance of regular football after stagnating for 6 months just because the fans of the club he formerly played for dont like them needs to move out of their sodding parents basement.

I don't like seeing one of our cup winning heroes going to either one of the uglies, especially them, any more than the next guy, but all these folk saying he has lost his Hibs legend status over this can basically **** right off !!! ..... That kid was instrumental in giving me the greatest day I have ever had, or ever will have, supporting this club ... a day that after following Hibs home and away for 40 years since the age of 15 I thought I would never get to see.

Just like I still feel I can criticise Stokes for underperforming I will still give Cummings absolute dogs abuse if he was to score against us and celebrate the way Kenny sodding Miller does when he nets for the Huns at ER ...... But will any of that mean that either Stokes or Cummings will be any less of a legend in my eyes after the dust settles ..... not a bloody chance.

Saved me a lot of typing:top marks

JimboHibs
15-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Hope it all goes pear shaped for him ....though have to say his arrogance and big shot attitude will be right at home there ...hope our defenders let him know he is a game against us he has nailed his colours to the mast !!! ...his time with us has passed ...

How has he nailed his colours to the mast ? Young lad desperate to play football not getting a look in at his club .. by all accounts we weren't interested in him so if The Rangers were possibly the only club in for him hes now some sort of judas ok then.

hibsbollah
15-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Just from a football perspective I can see him doing well there. They've got players that will create plenty of chances for him. On the other hand, it took him 17 games to score his first goal for us, he won't be given that long at Greyskull.

easty
15-01-2018, 10:30 AM

Have to say, I loved that about him when he was here...

Stewboy
15-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Just from a football perspective I can see him doing well there. They've got players that will create plenty of chances for him. On the other hand, it took him 17 games to score his first goal for us, he won't be given that long at Greyskull.

That was when he was breaking through as a kid though. He's now a player with a good scoring record, he will score a barrow load at Ibrox

cabbage_88
15-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Couldn't agree more. Hope he has a terrible spell with them except maybe scoring against Hearts. The thought of him becoming a fans favourite at them is horrible

confused
15-01-2018, 11:07 AM
I couldn’t care less about how he does at any club , he was here , he is gone , I only care about the future , and who is wearing our colours :flag:we worry too much about past players , once they go we forget the times that they underperformed , get behind our present day hero’s , the past belongs to real legends

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 11:12 AM
I couldn’t care less about how he does at any club , he was here , he is gone , I only care about the future , and who is wearing our colours :flag:we worry too much about past players , once they go we forget the times that they underperformed , get behind our present day hero’s , the past belongs to real legends

Cummings is a real legend. There's no doubt about that regardless of who he goes to.

snooky
15-01-2018, 11:13 AM

I'll go along with that :agree: :aok:

Johnny Clash
15-01-2018, 11:13 AM
I hate seeing him play for the most loathesome club out there but you can’t blame him for making the move. Hibs weren’t in for him so he’s hardly snubbed Hibs. Scoring hatricks against the jams in 3-3 draws whilst missing penalties against us would be best scenario.

SaulGoodman
15-01-2018, 11:27 AM
It's guaranteed if he scores against us that he'll do some daft celebration. It's just the kind of person he is. The creatures that follow his new employer will absolutely love it.

jacomo
15-01-2018, 11:32 AM
I hate seeing him play for the most loathesome club out there but you can’t blame him for making the move. Hibs weren’t in for him so he’s hardly snubbed Hibs. Scoring hatricks against the jams in 3-3 draws whilst missing penalties against us would be best scenario.

I’m assuming the Rangers are covering a much bigger chunk of this wages than we could afford, so we were not in the running.

JC would have been better advised to stay at Hibs for this season. He is earning more cash but this move will not look good in terms of building a career in England.

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 11:36 AM
I’m assuming the Rangers are covering a much bigger chunk of this wages than we could afford, so we were not in the running.

JC would have been better advised to stay at Hibs for this season. He is earning more cash but this move will not look good in terms of building a career in England.

He has been advised that and has interest from Mk Dons and Wigan. I'm really surprised he's taking the Huns route.

where'stheslope
15-01-2018, 11:45 AM
He has been advised that and has interest from Mk Dons and Wigan. I'm really surprised he's taking the Huns route.

I think its down to nothing to prove up here!

He has still to prove himself in England, but up here he will hit the ground running!!!

--------
15-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Could we please get rid of the smilie? Should have been gone a long time ago.

This one - :giruy2:

Please?

snooky
15-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Could we please get rid of the smilie? Should have been gone a long time ago.

This one - :giruy2:

Please?

Hold on to it. It may come in handy at the right time.
Say he doesn't sign for TRFC or misses a pen against us. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
15-01-2018, 11:59 AM
He Loves a goal against Hearts
That wont change

--------
15-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Hold on to it. It may come in handy at the right time.
Say he doesn't sign for TRFC or misses a pen against us. :greengrin

Can't imagine when. Get rid.

Jim44
15-01-2018, 12:11 PM
If Cummings is a success at Sevco, it probably means that the vile institution will be successful. Stuff that! I wish him all the failure in the world, against us and any other team.

WeeRussell
15-01-2018, 12:13 PM
He Loves a goal against Hearts
That wont change

I don't really care all that much if it's in a rangers shirt. I know that's different for many others though.

lucky
15-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Disappointed that he’s going Ibrox but at least it’s not the PBS. I think he’ll do well as long as they play two up front and get the ball in the box quickly. I always thought Forrest was the wrong club for him and that he moved a season too early but clearly he was chasing the money. I’m not bitter about him going there as he’s given lots of great moments in the past

Hibs90
15-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Hope McGregor goes right throigh him in the opening minute at Ibrox

Bristolhibby
15-01-2018, 12:59 PM
I'm of the good luck to him or them both Cummings/Thomson camp. In-fact, glad we didn't go back in for him as he's nowt special aside from being a cup winning legend. Good luck Jason :) just not against us.

Can never wish a The Rangers player good luck. Even if it’s not against us.

They are our rivals in the league. Less goals the better.

Hopefully this is a 6 month shop window stint and he goes somewhere elsewhere in the Summer.

J

Spike Mandela
15-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Rangers are not signing players that will trouble Celtic. They are clearly signing players to challenge the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts for European places.

Their whole ‘business plan’, such as it is, requires European football as stated at their recent agm.

They are gambling on loan deals which will becomme signings when they come into some money therefore they are already spending next years season ticket income.

The club is a basket case( of assets��) which will probably crash and burn in it’s own mismanagement and arrogant sense of entitlement.

Imo Jason is a silly laddie going there but hey, we already knew that about our Hibs legend. Sit back and enjoy the show I say..

JeMeSouviens
15-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Rangers are not signing players that will trouble Celtic. They are clearly signing players to challenge the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts for European places.

Their whole ‘business plan’, such as it is, requires European football as stated at their recent agm.

They are gambling on loan deals which will becomme signings when they come into some money therefore they are already spending next years season ticket income.

The club is a basket case( of assets��) which will probably crash and burn in it’s own mismanagement and arrogant sense of entitlement.

Imo Jason is a silly laddie going there but hey, we already knew that about our Hibs legend. Sit back and enjoy the show I say..

They do seem to have finally accepted that 2nd place is the best they can aim for. You wouldn't be amazed if us, Hearts or Aberdeen signed any of these players. We're basically talking guys that can't get a game with English Champ teams.

Diclonius
15-01-2018, 01:19 PM
It's guaranteed if he scores against us that he'll do some daft celebration. It's just the kind of person he is. The creatures that follow his new employer will absolutely love it.

I'm not sure he will.

stu in nottingham
15-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Gauging the reaction to the news of Jason Cummings here and the main opinions are split between 'he hasn't been given a fair chance' and that it's a good idea for him to go and get games elsewhere.

The point has also been made that whilst still fairly young, he is quite experienced and scored a lot of career goals so far, albeit in the Scottish Championship.

Another opinion is that going back so soon will not be good for his career as there will be a tendency for him to be viewed as a 'failure'.

I think a major problem may be that the new Forest manager appears to very much favour playing one up front. Forest have the experienced Murphy, the highly promising Brereton, Vellios and Zac Clough all to contend with for a place.

Something that doesn't appear to have been spoken of much is that Forest have a strong agreement with Notts County just across the river regarding loaning players to them - an agreement that has worked well for both clubs and players alike. Indeed Notts have Jorge Grant with them currently who has arguably similar promise to Jason. Notts are near the top of League Two so it's a drop in standard but they are buoyant at the moment and have a very good and highly rated young manager in Kevin Nolan who would have been great for Jason Cummings. The player could have also stayed put while getting some first team action. I'm guessing money might be an issue though. Shame.

RoscoHibby
15-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Will make me sick to see him wearing that top. Hope he doesn't get a single goal at greyskull. He'll need to get his finger out as well, the huns won't take kindly to seeing him walking about fixing his hair especially if their current form continues.

As previously said, hope big Daz puts him 10ft in the air when we play them.

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Should be announced tonight around 10pm.

Albanian Hibs
15-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Should be announced tonight around 10pm.

Hopefully McGregor goes right through him on the 3rd feb

IlDiavola
15-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Hope he has a nightmare at Ibrox.

They're just going to love the hair fixing and the fake tan if they're struggling to win a game on a dreicht night in Brechin.

Saying that, Mo Johnston got away with it.

Just.

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Hopefully McGregor goes right through him on the 3rd feb

👍

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Rangers fans creaming themselves over signing Cummings on loan shows how far they are behind the other arse cheek.

IlDiavola
15-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Rangers fans creaming themselves over signing Cummings on loan shows how far they are behind the other arse cheek.

:thumbsup:

bigwheel
15-01-2018, 05:55 PM

this place would be buzzing too, if he was coming back...

WeeRussell
15-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Gauging the reaction to the news of Jason Cummings here and the main opinions are split between 'he hasn't been given a fair chance' and that it's a good idea for him to go and get games elsewhere.

The point has also been made that whilst still fairly young, he is quite experienced and scored a lot of career goals so far, albeit in the Scottish Championship.

Another opinion is that going back so soon will not be good for his career as there will be a tendency for him to be viewed as a 'failure'.

I think a major problem may be that the new Forest manager appears to very much favour playing one up front. Forest have the experienced Murphy, the highly promising Brereton, Vellios and Zac Clough all to contend with for a place.

Something that doesn't appear to have been spoken of much is that Forest have a strong agreement with Notts County just across the river regarding loaning players to them - an agreement that has worked well for both clubs and players alike. Indeed Notts have Jorge Grant with them currently who has arguably similar promise to Jason. Notts are near the top of League Two so it's a drop in standard but they are buoyant at the moment and have a very good and highly rated young manager in Kevin Nolan who would have been great for Jason Cummings. The player could have also stayed put while getting some first team action. I'm guessing money might be an issue though. Shame.

Had no idea about the agreement re the two notts clubs. Is there still a huge rivalry between them as we would expect between two clubs from the same place?

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 06:04 PM

I couldn't care about how far away they are from Celtic but they are getting stronger and stronger than us.

KWJ
15-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Sadly I think it's a great signing for them and he could still emd up leagues top scorer. Think it's a good move for him too for the remainder of the season.

Really hope he doesnt get stick from the Hibs support.

we are hibs
15-01-2018, 06:08 PM
this place would be buzzing too, if he was coming back...

We aren't claiming to be challengers to Celtic though

RossScott1991
15-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Big contribution towards winning cup and promotion from jase when he was here. For that he has my respect and in years time his name will roll off the tongue when naming all the cup winning legends.

However I hope his move to rangers is short lived and he’s playing elsewhere sooner rather than later.

I won’t abuse him, but he certainly won’t be applauded on his return to Easter Road while wearing rangers colours.

I’m very much in ‘meh’ camp about this. Horrible to see him become a hun, but it’s no real surprise the move as expected him to be back up road quickly. And only rangers outwith Celtic can pay him what he now seeks and has got a taste of at forest.

My respect to him is I’m fond of him I will not give him dogs abuse. This can quickly change however if he scores against hibs and did something daft in a celebration.

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Sadly I think it's a great signing for them and he could still emd up leagues top scorer. Think it's a good move for him too for the remainder of the season.

Really hope he doesnt get stick from the Hibs support.

I hope he gets booed to fk and he ****s himself like Agathe did.

IlDiavola
15-01-2018, 06:13 PM
We aren't claiming to be challengers to Celtic though

I think NL said we were earlier in the season.

YanYansen
15-01-2018, 06:14 PM
I couldn't care about how far away they are from Celtic but they are getting stronger and stronger than us.

This. At this rate, fourth is as good as we can hope for.

bigwheel
15-01-2018, 06:15 PM

pre January I felt we had as good a squad as them, and certainly as good a first 11...They seem to have stolen a march on us during this window. They will be stronger in the second half...Will push for second..

Thecat23
15-01-2018, 06:20 PM
The Rangers chucking money out the window as usual just to try steel second. I’d much rather Hibs keep doing what they are doing and getting players we can afford not ones who’ll see us go into Admin!!

heidtheba
15-01-2018, 06:25 PM
The Rangers chucking money out the window as usual just to try steel second. I’d much rather Hibs keep doing what they are doing and getting players we can afford not ones who’ll see us go into Admin!!

Yup - this is the only legitimate and moral way to do it. It is galling though, to see other teams do what they've always done...

stu in nottingham
15-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Had no idea about the agreement re the two notts clubs. Is there still a huge rivalry between them as we would expect between two clubs from the same place?

It's been the past few seasons in particular and relations are friendly between the two clubs themselves, if not necessarily the fans. They both recognise how mutually helpful loaning players is.

There isn't quite the rivalry you might expect, mainly because for a long time Forest have been more successful and completely blew Notts away in the Clough years. The team's fans are segregated during matches but there would always be many that would sit in either end, including myself. Forest see Derby County as their main rivals though undoubtedly they like to put one over on each other on rare meetings. Leicester City fans tend to see Forest as their derby rivals but that's not reciprocated.

Forest supporters tend to dismiss Notts supporters as 'bitter' and 'moaners'. County fans tend to see Forest as patronising and arrogant. There's a bit of truth in both views in my opinion!

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 06:26 PM
It had already occurred to me that they may be pushing these loans through before they hit the admin button before the month ends.........

Captain Trips
15-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Sentiment went out the game for me many years ago. For me you are either for us or against us.

I do not care what went before he like every other player in the league has a job to take points from us and knock us out cups. Every player at all other clubs can go #### themselves until as such a time they wish to see the light and join us.

Every Sevco player will get extra stick from me when playing against us as they are to me what Hearts are to many on here. I hope he fails miserably in his time at Sevco, I hope all their signings fail miserably as I do every other player in the league unless it is beneficial to Hibs.

Ralphy C
15-01-2018, 06:51 PM
I hope he gets booed to fk and he ****s himself like Agathe did.
Like he did against hearts when he played for us?

Sammy7nil
15-01-2018, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Lee Marvin;5276738]
One won us the Scottish cup , the other didn't!

Yip it was all Leighs fault we failed to win and all down to JC we did win :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hibeedonald
15-01-2018, 07:02 PM
**** Jason Cummings... if you sign for the huns you're dead to us. I guarantee those that aren't fussed will quickly begin to dislike him when he plays a couple of games v us.

Heisenberg
15-01-2018, 07:03 PM
I don’t understand why Cummings would get treated any differently to Griffiths. He actually did more for us as a club than Griffiths.

KWJ
15-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Like he did against hearts when he played for us?

Exactly, he relishes that atmosphere. General indifference and hopefully he's pish. Should he score against us I'd like to think he wouldn't wind us up but if he'd been given the treatment in advance then I'm sure he would.

hibeedonald
15-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Plenty of options in England he could have considered

Captain Trips
15-01-2018, 07:08 PM
I don’t understand why Cummings would get treated any differently to Griffiths. He actually did more for us as a club than Griffiths.

Not treated differently by me, both now against us and can do one. Only difference from my POV is I cannot stand Sevco and all its about so dislike all their representatives more than all others in league. Probably same as a lot on here re Hearts.

BH Hibs
15-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Plenty of options in England he could have considered

Scoring goals in League One wouldn’t necessarily got him into the Scotland squad though. He knows if he plays well and scores goals for the Huns then he’ll be straight in the squad. Unfortunately it’s a no brainer for both parties. Hopefully he’s pish for them but I doubt he will be.

Victor
15-01-2018, 07:15 PM
As far as I am aware Griffiths was always on loan to us and it was Wolves that sold him to Celtic. Don’t know how much say Griffiths had in where he was going. Cummings on the other hand chose to leave Hibs after we were promoted. He decided that moving to Nottingham Forrest and warming their bench was better than playing in the Scottish Premiership. I suppose ending up at Rangers on his return to Scotland will be seen by him as a bit of a coup, considering where other high profile transferees have ended up on their return.

CropleyWasGod
15-01-2018, 07:16 PM
It had already occurred to me that they may be pushing these loans through before they hit the admin button before the month ends.........It would be up to the administrator, but the chances are that the borrowed players would be sent back.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-01-2018, 07:17 PM
Has he actually signed for them yet?

He's a ****ing mug going to that ****.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-01-2018, 07:19 PM
As far as I am aware Griffiths was always on loan to us and it was Wolves that sold him to Celtic. Don’t know how much say Griffiths had in where he was going. Cummings on the other hand chose to leave Hibs after we were promoted. He decided that moving to Nottingham Forrest and warming their bench was better than playing in the Scottish Premiership. I suppose ending up at Rangers on his return to Scotland will be seen by him as a bit of a coup, considering where other high profile transferees have ended up on their return.

Cummings also chose to stay on and get us promoted after willing the Cup.

Galahibby
15-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Panic not! It's his cousin who's signing for Sevco [emoji15]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180115/4dc698f432c1f571ca13b6a9883a0d88.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Smartie
15-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he will struggle?

Sevco aren't a great side and don't create bucketloads.

Some folk gave Cummings abuse when he was at ER because of his previous club, but in many ways he got an easy ride. He was scoring a few goals against diabolical opposition and that papered over a few cracks in his game.

He didn't score a goal for us when we were in the Premier League.

He can't play up front on his own.

He never really formed a partnership with anyone.

I don't see the Sevconian hordes giving him time to settle, or a great deal of encouragement if he doesn't hit the ground running. He could easily be one of their most unpopular players ever.

Most of the time I saw him I thought he looked quite easy to play against - if you don't give him time on the ball, and if you keep him on his right side then he really doesn't have that much.

I thought he should have stayed with us to play every week at a higher level but he fancied his chances down South. I don't know if he'll find it that easy to get game time there.

TBH I wouldn't have been in a hurry to bring him back to ER.