PDA

View Full Version : Cummings to Ibrox....

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Deansy
17-01-2018, 06:00 PM
"I am absolutely delighted to get the chance to join Rangers,"

"This is one of the biggest clubs in world football and I can't wait to play at Ibrox in front of so many supporters, it really is a dream come true.

Who would say such a thing?
The quote is not Jason's, but somebody rather closer to home.

Regardless of what we as supporters feel about that club, it is very different for a professional player.

And as we all know now, these oft-repeated lines from various players on joining the Hun actually read as -

'I am absolutely delighted at the huge amount of tax-free wonga these guys are bunging me and I can't wait to not declare it'

'This is probably one of the world's biggest bungs to compensate for the nightmare of playing in front of their neanderthal support'

Fanciful but at least a bit more accurate/true !

jacomo
17-01-2018, 10:59 PM
"No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted"

"It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club."

"We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them."

"This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly..."

This still sits on their official website!

:faf:

Dry your eyes, zombies!

Jim44
18-01-2018, 07:50 AM
"No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted"

"It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club."

"We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them."

"This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly..."

This still sits on their official website!

The fundamental truth in all this is ........... we won 3-2. Get over it ya muppets.

stu in nottingham
18-01-2018, 12:10 PM
“Am I surprised Rangers have gone in for him? No, because I know Jason’s representatives are very fond of Rangers, let’s put it that way,” said Stubbs.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/former-hibernian-boss-questions-jason-1082528

heretoday
18-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Trump cannot be very staunch, his wife is Catholic.

Thank goodness. The voice of reason.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 02:10 PM
“Am I surprised Rangers have gone in for him? No, because I know Jason’s representatives are very fond of Rangers, let’s put it that way,” said Stubbs.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/former-hibernian-boss-questions-jason-1082528

That tells you more about JC's character in signing a new deal with us to make us money when his agent would have been pushing for him to go to the huns from the start.

JeMeSouviens
18-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Seems a bit bizarre that an agent would be trying to push his clients to the club he supports. Doesn't exactly reek of professionalism. :confused:

hibsbollah
18-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Seems a bit bizarre that an agent would be trying to push his clients to the club he supports. Doesn't exactly reek of professionalism. :confused:

I think its more likely that the agent is pushing his clients to the club because he has contacts there, and may receive a small but thick brown envelope for his trouble.

J-C
18-01-2018, 02:40 PM
That tells you more about JC's character in signing a new deal with us to make us money when his agent would have been pushing for him to go to the huns from the start.

Agent " Jason sign the Hibs contract just now as it's worthless anyway, the release clause makes sure of that. Rangers want you but no way will Hibs sell to them after all the hooha of last season's cup game, we'll get you a Championship club for a few months and then get you back up home to sign for Rangers as per the original plans."

flash
18-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Agent " Jason sign the Hibs contract just now as it's worthless anyway, the release clause makes sure of that. Rangers want you but no way will Hibs sell to them after all the hooha of last season's cup game, we'll get you a Championship club for a few months and then get you back up home to sign for Rangers as per the original plans."
This is the 4th or 5th time the huns have done this going away back to Richard Gough.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2018, 03:10 PM

1 well maybe 2 small problems there, what if he was top goalscorer in the Championship with 15 goals or so, and the new manager wanted to have a look at him?

stu in nottingham
18-01-2018, 03:16 PM
I’m sure he had a lucrative deal already at Forest.

Maybe he just simply wasn’t playing or training well enough to get picked and he’s running away too soon. To me, neither club nor player have given that situation much of a chance.

J-C
18-01-2018, 03:16 PM
1 well maybe 2 small problems there, what if he was top goalscorer in the Championship with 15 goals or so, and the new manager wanted to have a look at him?

True but I'm just an old cynic and think there's something dodgy going on, even Stubbs is questioning why he doesn't stay and fight for a place with a new manager coming in. Plus he was never going to be a success immediately down there, he's still raw will lots to learn, definitely not the finished article.

The new manager seems to have allowed this move without even looking at him, wonder why.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 03:20 PM

There's more chance of his agent advising him to not sign and create a Scott Allan/Jamie Walker situation.

He will be on more at Forest than the huns can afford also.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2018, 03:21 PM
True but I'm just an old cynic and think there's something dodgy going on, even Stubbs is questioning why he doesn't stay and fight for a place with a new manager coming in. Plus he was never going to be a success immediately down there, he's still raw will lots to learn, definitely not the finished article.

The new manager seems to have allowed this move without even looking at him, wonder why.

I personally don't think he's good enough for England, especially the Championship.

I also do not think any English club will sign a player and pay him wages, a signing on fee and a transfer fee knowing he's going back up the road in 6 months just to help another club out.

snooky
18-01-2018, 03:34 PM
'Big Dode' Byron :wink:

Don't forget Oor Wullie Shakespear and his MacBetty play.

RossScott1991
07-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Another game, zero minutes on the pitch. Says how much rangers have rated him if he can’t get minutes on over an old Kenny Miller. Don’t think they will sign him at end of season.

Looks like his move away from hibs could be another that jumped too soon, his bank account has progressed but he hasn’t.

I’d still take him back, and he could easily be yet another that in near future ends up back at us looking to kick start his career again imo.

Heisenberg
07-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Certainly doesn’t seem like Cummings is well thought of by the manager at the Huns if he can’t get a game over Kenny Miller. Wee shame, especially after all the bragging that came with his signing. Hope his Jambo dad is still bursting with WATP pride.

Nevi_SOL
07-04-2018, 10:48 PM
He’ll end up at hearts

Pete
07-04-2018, 10:50 PM
He’ll end up at hearts

Can’t see it mate. Too much baggage.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2018, 09:17 AM
He's just not that good a football player, there's been many who have left us and done similar. Unless he's scoring goals, he contributes little else.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 09:20 AM
He’ll end up at hearts

He’d be mental to go to Hearts

But hopefully a message to young Scottish footballers, learn your trade before chasing the money

H18 SFR
08-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Would you take him back at Easter Road?

Before his move to Ibrox I would have, I certainly wouldn't now, nothing to do with signing for them, I just have faith that our recruitment team could sign better.

Centre Hawf
08-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Would you take him back at Easter Road?

Before his move to Ibrox I would have, I certainly wouldn't now, nothing to do with signing for them, I just have faith that our recruitment team could sign better.

I’d take him in a heartbeat

SirDavidsNapper
08-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Tin hat on but i dont think Cummings is good enough to play regularly in the Premiership.

lord bunberry
08-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Guys a legend, I’d definitely take him back.

Sir David Gray
08-04-2018, 09:35 AM
He left us far too early. He was extremely badly advised and should have stayed for at least another season. Apart from 3 seasons in the Scottish Championship and a few games in the Scottish Premiership as an 18 year old playing in one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory, he does not have a lot of experience of top level football.

Nottingham Forest was the wrong move for him and Rangers doesn't seem to have been much better. The writing was on the wall after he scored a hat-trick against Falkirk the other week and then failed to start against Celtic the following week.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 09:37 AM
I’d take him in a heartbeat

Me too, but would Lennon?
Thought he was glad to see the back of him last summer

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Tin hat on but i dont think Cummings is good enough to play regularly in the Premiership.

Not yet anyway.

Centre Hawf
08-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Me too, but would Lennon?
Thought he was glad to see the back of him last summer

Agreed. Lennon would probably avoid him if its his choice

Smartie
08-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Cummings is good player, probably better than both of our current strikers, but I think our team would be weaker if he replaced either of them.

Diclonius
08-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Come back to Easter Road Jason. We'll get him scoring again, especially paired up front with Kamberi.

Slavers
08-04-2018, 10:03 AM
I never understood Cummings rush to leave Hibs at the time he did. The most obvious sensible option for his career was one full season in the SPL with Hibs.

Big games in the derby where surely he would have scored against them. Then he gets the Glasgow and Aberdeen teams it was the perfect step up in his career but he wanted out.

Maybe Lennon didn't rate him and Cummings knew this?

I love wee Jason and think he is a real personality but he had a long way to go to get himself playing well week in and week out at the top level.

Big move for him next he needs to keep his confidence up, would I take him back at Hibs? Aye why not but he would need to take a drop in wages.

makaveli1875
08-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Cummings is good player, probably better than both of our current strikers, but I think our team would be weaker if he replaced either of them.

Big Flo is way better than Jason . Kamberi has 6 goals form 8 games in this league . Cummings has 1 goal from about 25 games . Goals aside Kamberis work rate and hold up play is in another league to Cumdog as is his attitude .

Craig_HFC
08-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Cummings wanted away from Edinburgh hence why he left Hibs when he did. He wanted to leave after the Cup win but agreed with Lennon to stay with the understanding that he could go in the summer.

I was surprised that he was back in Scotland so soon, especially to the Huns because if he thought Edinburgh was a good fish bowl then playing for one of the Arse Cheeks magnifies it 10 times over.

Bostonhibby
08-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Won't wish Cummings any bad luck but Shaw is a better all rounder player and potentially even striker, Kamberi is just better and McClaren brings something else to the party too. If these 3 were to stay then I'd use the money for something else.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
08-04-2018, 10:31 AM
I thought Lennon pulled out all the stops to get Jase to re-sign in 2016?

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Like him very much, but not that fussed about getting him back. Both for the reasons outlined above. If he resigned I would be happy but not massively excited that we were moving forward. Modern teams need a little more than he can offer.

Hibee Mac
08-04-2018, 10:43 AM
He's not a good enough footballer. He scores goals and nothing else, Kamberi is definitely a better option I don't want Cummings back.

K.Marx
08-04-2018, 10:46 AM
He’ll end up at hearts

Aye more chance of him ending up at hearts than us IMO. He’s a wind up merchant and would revel in the attention. Then obviously there’s the family hearts connection. Hopefully he ends up going back down south cos it’s not enjoyable watching him at the Huns and would be even less so at hearts.

CorrieHibs
08-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Scored a lot at championship level and I'm grateful for that. I just don't think he's good enough for a top 6 premiership side. I think he would be fine at a bottom 6 side.

Kamberi is far better. I also think Shaw will have a better career.

erin go bragh
08-04-2018, 11:02 AM
Scored a lot at championship level and I'm grateful for that. I just don't think he's good enough for a top 6 premiership side. I think he would be fine at a bottom 6 side.

Kamberi is far better. I also think Shaw will have a better career.
Cummings is a big game player. Without him ,we would not have won that cup . His record against that lot is up there with any of our strikers in recent memory.

Allant1981
08-04-2018, 11:14 AM

he really isnt a better player, maybe a better goalscorer but definitely not a better player

RossScott1991
08-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Said for ages i reckon he will end up at Hearts. I still think he is worth a punt, Kamberi would be an ideal partner for him. However there is no way he would be a guaranteed starter now. The laddie just wanted too much too soon. When you actually think of it, its quite bizarre and baffling why he was desperate to leave us. He had spent 3 years in championship with us, became our main striker, was playing with his pals like Mcginn etc who were all opting to stay at Hibs and give premiership a crack.

Eyrie
08-04-2018, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't replace Kamberi with Cummings, but they could be a productive partnership.

That said, I'm generally not in favour of bringing back players as they normally struggle to match our misty eyed (and overstated) recollections of how good they were. I'd prefer Cummings to have a decent career down south.

08-04-2018, 11:50 AM
He'd be worth considering if we dont get Maclaren on a permanent contract. He is still a young player learning his trade and maybe the spell of getting little game time will help him.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2018, 11:54 AM
I'm someone who has never really rated him as a footballer, but would have him back as he can score goals.

And when he did play for us, a lot of the time it was on his own. Playing alongside someone like Kamberi could get the best out of him, but would he get in this side in front of McLaren who has forged a good partnership with him?

He's young and should improve, but does need to play with someone.

If the chance arose, he's definitely worth the gamble.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Said for ages i reckon he will end up at Hearts. I still think he is worth a punt, Kamberi would be an ideal partner for him. However there is no way he would be a guaranteed starter now. The laddie just wanted too much too soon. When you actually think of it, its quite bizarre and baffling why he was desperate to leave us. He had spent 3 years in championship with us, became our main striker, was playing with his pals like Mcginn etc who were all opting to stay at Hibs and give premiership a crack.

But Hearts don’t play with 2 up front, so wonder where he would fit in at Tynie?

KWJ
08-04-2018, 12:02 PM
He's still one of Scotland's best strikers behind Griffiths and he's still got room to improve.

If Lennon wanted him I'd be delighted to have him back in a Hibs shirt. Reckon he'd comfortably bag 15-20 in this league if he had the starts.

Vini1875
08-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Kamberi and Cummings would be a good partnership. The problem with Cummings is that he needs a strike partner, actually Maclaren might fall into this catergory. Players like Kamberi can do all the work required by a striker in competing with bigger central defenders.

Cummings was never a good football player, he was a great goal scorer and has that instinct. My feeling would be going forward that Lenny is looking for players who are more complete. In a 451 formation Cummings woulkd struggle, he is not good in the air, has no pace and rarely beats a player. He can strike a ball and has a knack for being in the right place at the right time, which is a skill.

If he can understand that he still has a way to go and works on his weaknesses, he has the chance to have a very good career or he could end up at hearts.

The Leith Dutch
08-04-2018, 12:05 PM
As someone pointed out: 1 goal in 25 SPL matches (albeit quite a few games from the bench I'd imagine).
Add to that a relatively underwhelming average in the Championship of around 18 from 32 over three seasons.

Now I'm sure the "big game player" argument will come out and there's a degree of truth to it but it's also another way of saying "didn't show up enough in the 'wee' games" of which, for a club our size is the vast majority of our games.

I'll always respect what he did for us - particularly during some tough years - and he got us out of jail more than once in a team that struggled for goals. But putting aside sentimentality the stats don't add up to a player that particularly looks like what we need to build on what we currently have. You might even argue it isn't enough to sustain what we've done this season.

Hopefully nobody has to drag this post up when he's banging them in for one of our rivals......

KWJ
08-04-2018, 12:07 PM
As someone pointed out: 1 goal in 25 SPL matches (albeit quite a few games from the bench I'd imagine).
Add to that a relatively underwhelming average in the Championship of around 18 from 32 over three seasons.

Now I'm sure the "big game player" argument will come out and there's a degree of truth to it but it's also another way of saying "didn't show up enough in the 'wee' games" of which, for a club our size is the vast majority of our games.

I'll always respect what he did for us - particularly during some tough years - and he got us out of jail more than once in a team that struggled for goals. But putting aside sentimentality the stats don't add up to a player that particularly looks like what we need to build on what we currently have. You might even argue it isn't enough to sustain what we've done this season.

Hopefully nobody has to drag this post up when he's banging them in for one of our rivals......

Havering!

A few from the bench indeed but more importantly was that he was 17-18 year old playing for Terry Butcher. He actually didn't score any in the league IIRC, his first 2 goals came in the playoff.

He was then top goalscorer in the Championship for 2 seasons and top scorer at Hibs the other season.

18 from 32 underwhelming :greengrin Mixu only managed 12 ffs.

The Leith Dutch
08-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Havering!

A few from the bench indeed but more importantly was that he was 17-18 year old!

He was then top goalscorer in the Championship for 2 seasons and top scorer at Hibs the other season.

My point would be that Top Goalscorer in the Championship isn't what we're looking for to move us forward.
If he's the player that some say he is he should have scored more against that kind of opposition.

Also worth noting that he finished second to Waghorn in 15/16 and joint top scorer with Stephen Dobbie in 16/17.
I don't think either of those guys would better us as a team either.

You're entitled to your opinion that he's a better striker than those stats suggest and I'm entitled to mine.

Nothing against Cummings - perfectly decent player but, and again only my opinion, not the worldbeater some people sometimes present him as.

makaveli1875
08-04-2018, 12:26 PM
He's still one of Scotland's best strikers behind Griffiths and he's still got room to improve.

If Lennon wanted him I'd be delighted to have him back in a Hibs shirt. Reckon he'd comfortably bag 15-20 in this league if he had the starts.

He cant get a game for the huns over the off form fat huddy morelos , and now a 38 year old thats barely kicked a ball this year just walked right into the team ahead of him . He's not even 2nd best striker at the tribute act let alone Scotland

The Leith Dutch
08-04-2018, 12:33 PM

Genuine question:
What has changed that you would expect him to match his total against weaker and sometimes part time opposition in a higher league?

This is the kind of levels Moult and Boyce were hitting and from the admittedly smaller samplings I saw of those guys Moult at least looked a notch up from Cummings.

For the record - I'd be delighted to be proved wrong as I've nothing against the lad and particularly enjoyed his record against hearts.

J-C
08-04-2018, 03:58 PM
I thought Lennon pulled out all the stops to get Jase to re-sign in 2016?

He did because we needed his goals and Lennon knew that, hence why the £500k release clause was put into the contract so he could move when we got promoted.

jacomo
08-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Genuine question:
What has changed that you would expect him to match his total against weaker and sometimes part time opposition in a higher league?

This is the kind of levels Moult and Boyce were hitting and from the admittedly smaller samplings I saw of those guys Moult at least looked a notch up from Cummings.

For the record - I'd be delighted to be proved wrong as I've nothing against the lad and particularly enjoyed his record against hearts.

He didn’t just score against Championship teams when he was with us.

Most importantly, JC improved every season he played for Hibs, although arguably his progress stalled a bit last season when he was dropped and had a falling out with Lennon.

Who knows how good he can get, but at the right club I think there is a lot more to come from him. He’s a natural goal scorer, which is the hardest thing. Weaknesses in his game can be worked upon, if he is willing to put in the work and gets the right coaching.

Bishop Hibee
08-04-2018, 04:13 PM
I’m a huge fan of Cummings but I don’t think he’ll be back at Easter Road next season. Season long loan would be great though.

Dr What If?
08-04-2018, 04:50 PM
As a kid growing up in the 80s it wasn't fun being a Hibby, we were ordinary while Hearts were up there challenging and gave us a torrid time every time we played. The one player I had big respect for was John Robertson. Yes he tortured us but he was a great goal scorer, he was no Maradonna and was not as technically gifted as other Scottish strikers but he scored a lot of goals. Cummings reminds me of him. Updating the comparison, Cummings is no Messi and there are others who are better footballers but he has the same instinct for goal. He will score a lot in his career without ever be outstanding - thing is though football isn't complicated, score more than the opposition and you win, no bonus points for technique.
If we were lucky enough to get him back I would be delighted, as other said ig you have the right guy playing up front with him he could be lethal.

WeeRussell
08-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Absolutely no question Cummings would be a great addition to our squad. Surprised to see so many playing down his contribution.. he was absolutely instrumental in our rise as a club over the past few years and his goals would be more than welcome again.

I don’t think as many would be dismissing the appeal of Cummings in January and wonder if more would be keen on him if he hadn’t just went on loan to them.

Captain Trips
08-04-2018, 05:06 PM
At this moment in time his job is put that vile institution above Hibs and while that is the case he gtf.

SirDavidsNapper
08-04-2018, 05:40 PM
The funniest thing was Rangers fans creaming themselves over getting Cummings on loan when for the previous 3 years they were calling him a peado and saying he was pish. I said at the time it was an average signing at best for them. I like Cummings, scored some important goals for us but his drought last season against posties etc convinced me he'd struggle week in week out in Premiership

chrisski33
08-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Hibs wont buy cummings and he wont be back. Time to move on. Hes had his time at Hibs.

CathroMustStay
08-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Cummings has burned all his bridges at Easter Road.

ancient hibee
08-04-2018, 05:51 PM
I think Cummings is a good goal scorer but players who are just goal scorers have to play in teams that will make plenty of chances because only a small percentage of chances convert into goals.If Cummings wants to make it down south he will have to improve his all round game as I don’t think he will ever get a top team based on his goal scoring.

Smartie
08-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Cummings has burned all his bridges at Easter Road.

With who?

The fans?

Lennon?

Petrie/ Dempster?

givescotlandfreedom
08-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Cummings scored a load for us and hasn't said or done anything disrespectful towards us as far as I'm aware. I don't like sevco either but he made a great contribution to our club.

MrSmith
08-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Just no! That’s all I’ve got, sorry.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2018, 06:09 PM
There really is some nonsense spouted on this thread, i hope we don't bring that Scott Allan back either.

WeeRussell
08-04-2018, 07:03 PM
There really is some nonsense spouted on this thread, i hope we don't bring that Scott Allan back either.

Precisely what I was thinking.

neil7908
08-04-2018, 07:08 PM
He's a talented goal scorer but I'm not convinced he's a good fit for a Neil Lennon team

wookie70
08-04-2018, 07:35 PM
The funniest thing was Rangers fans creaming themselves over getting Cummings on loan when for the previous 3 years they were calling him a peado and saying he was pish. I said at the time it was an average signing at best for them. I like Cummings, scored some important goals for us but his drought last season against posties etc convinced me he'd struggle week in week out in Premiership

He scored 23 and also assisted in 7 goals last season, hardly a drought. He scored 8 in the first 6 league games and was dropped after not scoring for 3 games. I think Holt could have went 3 months without scoring and some on here would have thought he was outstanding for managing to barge into a centre half 40 yards from goal. He improves every year and most importantly is brave in always getting into the danger area and never letting his head go down. z\ASSSSSSHe is also a major reason we won the Cup.

BegbieHSC
08-04-2018, 09:35 PM
No thanks!

1) He signed for that odious, basket case of a club.
2) I’d rather keep Kamberi, McLaren and Shaw.

Squirrel 1875
08-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Folk wouldn’t take Cummings back! I remember when folk said the same about Scott Allan. How’d that turn out?

Austinho
08-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Cummings is a cup winning legend. He should have the keys to Easter Road.

I’d have him just to play him in derbies - his record against them was immense.

Babyshamble
08-04-2018, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Squirrel 1875;5366013]Folk wouldn’t take Cummings back! I remember when folk said the same about Scott Allan. How’d that turn out?[/QUOTE
Correct.would love him back.

oldbutdim
08-04-2018, 10:47 PM
His mum and pal enjoyed the full hospitality gig at Ipox this weekend.

I doubt VERY much he would return to Hibs.

CapitalGreen
08-04-2018, 10:56 PM
His mum and pal enjoyed the full hospitality gig at Ipox this weekend.

I doubt VERY much he would return to Hibs.

Because his mum went to Ibrox hospitality?

Colr
08-04-2018, 10:57 PM

Aye. A bovril AND a steak bake all to herself.

Waxy
08-04-2018, 11:03 PM
The looping header at the PBS.
The ball down the line to Stokes.
The hammer of the hearts.

Sauzee16
08-04-2018, 11:54 PM
He's a talented goal scorer but I'm not convinced he's a good fit for a Neil Lennon team

Apart from all the goals he scored under Lennon to take us up. ?

Jason Cummings is the most under rated legend there’s ever been at us. On and off the park

Sauzee16
08-04-2018, 11:58 PM
The looping header at the PBS.
The ball down the line to Stokes.
The hammer of the hearts.

That touch of an angel. That winning penalty that took massive balls. They other goals against hearts and giruy, the goals in the demolition of the huns. Goals against Dundee Utd when it looked like we where struggling,

Turning on Jason Cummings is madness. He’s a living Hibernian legend, more than most tbh,

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2018, 01:15 AM
**** him

The Leith Dutch
09-04-2018, 06:50 AM
Folk wouldn’t take Cummings back! I remember when folk said the same about Scott Allan. How’d that turn out?

Definitely don't care where someone went to play between stints at Hibs if it's the right player for us.

JC stuck with the club for an extra season while Allan moved for the money.
Again, for me that's not relevant to the football side.

Scott Allan was/is as we've been crying out for a creative attacking midfielder to pull the strings for us and I think he's one of the very top players in Scotland in that kind of role. Re-signing him is only similar to re-signing Cummings as it's re-signing a former player.

I don't think Jason Cummings would be a bad signing but I'm also not convinced he'd tear it up in the way some folk are suggesting and I'm not convinced he's a signing that would take us forward. That has nothing to do with where he's currently playing.

I feel he's a not dissimilar player to McLaren - not identical but playing a similar role - and from albeit limited evidence I don't think either is a player that will be the difference in getting second (particularly with goals against the teams that sit in against us) which is probably the main yard stick for any striker we sign.

Again, just my opinion and if we re-sign him and he bangs in 20 goals then I'm delighted to be wrong.

neil7908
09-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Apart from all the goals he scored under Lennon to take us up. ?

Jason Cummings is the most under rated legend there’s ever been at us. On and off the park

His record for us is excellent but I'm not convinced Lennon wants him back. If he did, why did we not enquire in January before his move to Sevco?

I like Jason and would happily have him back but I don't think our manager feels the same way.

oldbutdim
09-04-2018, 07:28 AM

Free bar.

Can’t really top that.

Hibs Class
09-04-2018, 07:55 AM
**** him

Is it "sign him"?

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2018, 08:38 AM
I don't think the bigots will sign him and he'll be on his way back to another subs bench in Nottingham.

Springbank
09-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Sometimes sport's not just about what we think,it's about what the opposition thinks - the mind games, the 1% advantages you get here and there

Jason Cummings entering the fray at Tynecastle with a Hibs top on would see every one of the hearts support thinking "oh no, here he comes..."

He's welcome back any time in my view

:flag:

Captain Trips
09-04-2018, 08:42 AM
While representing that disgrace of a club and trying to make that horrible support happy you are a bawbag. Everyone of them regardless of what went on at Hibs.

Once you leave that club then ok but while there you are not on.

green day
09-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Sometimes sport's not just about what we think,it's about what the opposition thinks - the mind games, the 1% advantages you get here and there

Jason Cummings entering the fray at Tynecastle with a Hibs top on would see every one of the hearts support thinking "oh no, here he comes..."

He's welcome back any time in my view

:flag:

Yep, dont like that he is at Ibrox, but some of us forget its a job - a short career, in which he has to maximise income, I have no issue with that.

As far as I am concerned, JC is a Hibs legend, Scottish Cup winner, was a brilliant personality round the club and deserves huge credit for how he came back from the scrapheap.

Cant say anything negative about him.

MrSmith
09-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Nothing against Jason in the slightest, I simply think we have gone past him and are looking at better options. Oli Shaw is a talent and we have Kamberi and McLaren for the moment. I am not concerned at all with Jason, just wish him luck. If he returned or didn't then Meh, not bothered. I really do feel we are progressing and moving forward onto better things. Not looking backward anymore ...

johncrobertson@
09-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Is it "sign him"?

Is it "LOVE HIM"?

worcesterhibby
09-04-2018, 10:41 AM
It's hard to tell how he would fit into the current Hibs team, he could be a straight swap for McLaren if he doesn't stay, but it's interesting that he isn't getting a game at Ibrox. I do also feel that Lennon is trying to encourage a new more professional attitude behind the scenes and that's why we got rid of Stokes and why Swanson has found is so hard to get a starting spot. Jason's antics are funny if you are a 17 year old messing about..but I wonder if his "cumdog" approach is really the sort of forward thinking professional that Lennon wants in the dressing room.

Anyway, I will always have a soft spot for Jason and he gave us some tremendous joy and some fantastic goals. wherever he ends up I wish him well, although I would only wish him limited success if he stays at Rangers or goes to Hearts for obvious reasons !

WeeRussell
09-04-2018, 11:05 AM
While representing that disgrace of a club and trying to make that horrible support happy you are a bawbag. Everyone of them regardless of what went on at Hibs.

Once you leave that club then ok but while there you are not on.

So you would be happy with signing him after he leaves Rangers. Just not while he plays for them?

Just as well he can only play for one club at a time :aok:

Oh, by the way... I agree!

Smartie
09-04-2018, 11:33 AM
I got the feeling that Lennon was very fond of him, and was perfectly happy with his antics.

Cummings tended to know when to mess about and when to screw the nut (hash brown apart) and I didn't ever hear many complaints about his professionalism.

He was a very influential character in our rise from a horrific position and he deserves much more respect than he's getting on this thread, even if he does deserve dogs abuse from every one of us when he plays against us in a Sevco shirt.

Sammy7nil
09-04-2018, 12:07 PM
**** him

I would not put quite so strongly but he is no longer a Hibs player with very little prospect of returning so who cares what he is up to or where he plans to go. He is not one of our own Cummings has moved on and so should we.

Sauzee16
09-04-2018, 12:20 PM
I got the feeling that Lennon was very fond of him, and was perfectly happy with his antics.

Cummings tended to know when to mess about and when to screw the nut (hash brown apart) and I didn't ever hear many complaints about his professionalism.

He was a very influential character in our rise from a horrific position and he deserves much more respect than he's getting on this thread, even if he does deserve dogs abuse from every one of us when he plays against us in a Sevco shirt.

Yep. Spot on.

Stevie Reid
09-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Totally agree.

J-C
09-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Jason is still a Nottingham F player and on loan at Rangers, to suddenly not like him because he's not at The Rangers is ridiculous, it's a bloody loan ffs.

He left far too early and should've stayed at least another season but his head was turned by his agent telling him how much he could make down south, he still has loads of work to do to be a better player, a good finisher but his general all round play can be quite poor.

BlackSheep
09-04-2018, 05:54 PM
We are better without Cummings in my opinion, for a poacher he just didn’t do enough work in my books.... Simon Murray worked his socks off and while it didn’t add up to as many goals as we would have liked, his work rate made a difference. The same goes for MacLaren, both work hard off the ball to drag defences all over and make space for players like Kamberi and Allan.

A legend for his time here but good luck to Jason elsewhere.

WeeRussell
09-04-2018, 06:12 PM
We are better without Cummings in my opinion, for a poacher he just didn’t do enough work in my books.... Simon Murray worked his socks off and while it didn’t add up to as many goals as we would have liked, his work rate made a difference. The same goes for MacLaren, both work hard off the ball to drag defences all over and make space for players like Kamberi and Allan.

A legend for his time here but good luck to Jason elsewhere.

All opinions but I think we’d be a better team with him in it right now. All those times where all we’re lacking is a goal. Cummings had a nack of popping up with a goal without us creating chance upon chance... I’m not sure how but he did.

We’ve lost that since he departed. No question that both him and Stokes were losses for me.

Not expecting Cummings to return but can’t believe people think we’re better off without him. All opinions as I say.

BlackSheep
09-04-2018, 06:14 PM
All opinions but I think we’d be a better team with him in it right now. All those times where all we’re lacking is a goal. Cummings had a nack of popping up with a goal without us creating chance upon chance... I’m not sure how but he did.

We’ve lost that since he departed. No question that both him and Stokes were losses for me.

Not expecting Cummings to return but can’t believe people think we’re better off without him. All opinions as I say.

I completely see your point but I think given time Maclaren could be that player for us... it’s unfortunate we only have 5 more games.... hope we can keep him.

WeeRussell
09-04-2018, 06:25 PM
I completely see your point but I think given time Maclaren could be that player for us... it’s unfortunate we only have 5 more games.... hope we can keep him.

Hopefully, and I agree that McLaren has a lot to offer. I just think there can’t be many people who would choose Jamie ahead of Cummings to have in their team based on their spells at Hibs so far (albeit limited for JM) apart from Hibs fans wishing to play down Jason’s contribution.

I’m not suggesting that’s what you’re doing, and also don’t want to turn this into McLaren versus Cummings. Jamie is our man for now, and I hope as you say, that he continues to be our man and goes on to be a big player for us.

fiolex1
09-04-2018, 07:36 PM
I have not read all the posts, but do we know the % sell on clause with Nottingham Forest

IncredibleHibee
09-04-2018, 08:06 PM
As others have said I don't think Cummings offers enough in his all round game. If he doesn't score he is non-existent in games. I know people will say that goals win matches and so you'd prefer someone who does nothing but will pop up with a goal every 3 matches or so, rather than someone who drags defenders about with their movement etc but doesn't score much. BUT I would prefer someone who does both. All being said I wouldn't be adverse to Cummings coming back but I wouldn't want the club to be targeting him. Time to look forward, not back.

Hibrandenburg
09-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Slightly better than average player who cut it in the Championship but will always struggle with consistency at the top level. I refuse to celebrate anyone who's on the books at Ibrox. My attitude to him might mellow once he's moved on but as long as he's with them he'll get it tight.

WeeRussell
09-04-2018, 10:41 PM
As others have said I don't think Cummings offers enough in his all round game. If he doesn't score he is non-existent in games. I know people will say that goals win matches and so you'd prefer someone who does nothing but will pop up with a goal every 3 matches or so, rather than someone who drags defenders about with their movement etc but doesn't score much. BUT I would prefer someone who does both. All being said I wouldn't be adverse to Cummings coming back but I wouldn't want the club to be targeting him. Time to look forward, not back.

That’s just it though, his record was far better than one goal every 3 games or so, for us.

Waxy
09-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Jambos wont want us to sign him. Seems a pretty good reason to sign him.

Just Jimmy
10-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Imagine he comes back and immediately resumes his record of scoring against hearts and sevco?

They'll hate it even more...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
10-04-2018, 11:51 AM
One of the football director remits at Ibrox is to get young Scottish talent and then sell on at profit. Is their potential that they are NOT playing him, so as to buy him on cheap from Forest only to play him next year. Morelos is playing because of the laughable 8.figure fee they’re inventing.to con some unwitting club in Gulf or China. Am I being cynical?

Col2
10-04-2018, 12:09 PM
I think we will see him back at ER on loan next season.

silverhibee
10-04-2018, 12:17 PM
I think we will see him back at ER on loan next season.

I doubt that very much Col2, don't think Lennon rates him to much.

J-C
10-04-2018, 12:48 PM

I also think the demand by his agent of the small 500k release clause wasn't appreciated by the Hibs board but they had to accept it for him to sign his deal.

Captain Trips
10-04-2018, 02:33 PM

I was of the same thinking, I just didn't think Lennon was to bothered he left.

Greencore
10-04-2018, 03:31 PM
how many games has he played for sevco?

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2018, 05:47 AM
how many games has he played for sevco?

In the league he has made 10 appearances in total scoring once. 2 of these were starts and he’s came on as a sub 8 tines. He’s also made 3 cup starts scoring 5.

WeeRussell
11-04-2018, 11:22 AM
In the league he has made 10 appearances in total scoring once. 2 of these were starts and he’s came on as a sub 8 tines. He’s also made 3 cup starts scoring 5.

6 goals in 5 starts isn't bad work really.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 11:28 AM
6 goals in 5 starts isn't bad work really.

Most of the in the cup against lower league teams I believe
But I’d have him back

Lago
11-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Most of the in the cup against lower league teams I believe
But I’d have him back
But would he want to come back ?
I just have a feeling that he sees himself as better than the Hibs now having moved on from ER.

erin go bragh
12-04-2018, 09:47 AM
I have not read all the posts, but do we know the % sell on clause with Nottingham Forest
Forest are willing to let him go for 400k . So the sell on clause could be 100% and we would still get Brussels sprout.

1van Sprou7e
12-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Forest are willing to let him go for 400k . So the sell on clause could be 100% and we would still get Brussels sprout.

£400k is nout?

erin go bragh
12-04-2018, 10:28 AM
£400k is nout?
400k is less than what we got for Jason . So yes ,400k = nout to us :)

number9dream
12-04-2018, 10:30 AM
But would he want to come back ?
I just have a feeling that he sees himself as better than the Hibs now having moved on from ER.

He's certainly on better money. A lot better, with two years of his contract to run.
He's not going to give that up. Rangers can get close to his wage demands and we can't.
I can see Rangers trying to arrange another loan over the summer but that will depend on who the manager is.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2018, 11:29 AM

Yes but have Forest paid Hibs the full amount they owe us?
Maybe get him for a lot less than that

Beefster
12-04-2018, 11:30 AM

That would only be the case if any sell-on was on profit rather than transfer fee, no?

Captain Trips
12-04-2018, 11:51 AM
I would rather put any monies to trying to keep Flo and Jamie. Happy if Simon comes back also with Shaw pushing as well.

Springbank
12-04-2018, 01:27 PM
I would rather put any monies to trying to keep Flo and Jamie. Happy if Simon comes back also with Shaw pushing as well.

First game of next season, hibs v hearts

Whoever signs Cummings wins the game

Hibs please