PDA

View Full Version : Cummings to Ibrox....

Pages : 1 [2] 3

guthrie01
15-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he will struggle?

Sevco aren't a great side and don't create bucketloads.

Some folk gave Cummings abuse when he was at ER because of his previous club, but in many ways he got an easy ride. He was scoring a few goals against diabolical opposition and that papered over a few cracks in his game.

He didn't score a goal for us when we were in the Premier League.

He can't play up front on his own.

He never really formed a partnership with anyone.

I don't see the Sevconian hordes giving him time to settle, or a great deal of encouragement if he doesn't hit the ground running. He could easily be one of their most unpopular players ever.

Most of the time I saw him I thought he looked quite easy to play against - if you don't give him time on the ball, and if you keep him on his right side then he really doesn't have that much.

I thought he should have stayed with us to play every week at a higher level but he fancied his chances down South. I don't know if he'll find it that easy to get game time there.

TBH I wouldn't have been in a hurry to bring him back to ER.

It it was his goals that got us promoted, the rest of our strikers where pretty much useless in terms of goals scored against the diabolical opposition as you put it.

Jason is the type of player who doesn’t really do or offer a team a whole lot, but give him just a slight chance to score and he will take it.

He was still developing when he was first in the Premier League and has proven himself capable against the top sides with our cup games, scoring numerous against Hearts and Rangers themselves.

I think your being way too dismissive of Jason, he will score goals for them unfortunately and is a great signing for anyone in this league barring Celtic.

Nicho87
15-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Hate to say it but rangers are signing a few good players imo. Cummings is goals.
Murphy will be a very good acquisition.

Captain Trips
15-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Has he actually signed for them yet?

He's a ****ing mug going to that ****.

He is currently reading through the Sevco songbook.

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 06:49 PM
It would be up to the administrator, but the chances are that the borrowed players would be sent back.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
On the basis that they would be aiming to keep the club going I would think they would let the high earners go first, Alves etc etc. If admin came at the end of the month they can't then recruit further.......

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2018, 06:51 PM
^^^Agree with most of that.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I just don’t think he’s that good a player.

I’d takes Stokes every time over Cummings.

bigwheel
15-01-2018, 07:04 PM
announced now...they also have an option to buy Cummings at the end of the season.

Fuzzywuzzy
15-01-2018, 07:06 PM
If we had a % sell on the paranoid me thinks he'll go for a low fee

SaulGoodman
15-01-2018, 07:06 PM
Hope he fails miserably

DavidDavidGray
15-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Seeing him in the strip is painful

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Supposedly option to buy for 600k...part of me is thinking Forrest wouldn't want to make a loss on him so makes me think about how much we actually got for him.

15-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Drastic measures from the huns to get a glimpse at a Scottish cup winners medal.

SMAXXA
15-01-2018, 07:14 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RangersFC/status/952994538574041088/video/1

BoomtownHibees
15-01-2018, 07:16 PM
“I’ve always wanted to play in an Old Firm game”

What a load o pish

Fuzzywuzzy
15-01-2018, 07:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RangersFC/status/952994538574041088/video/1

That just sounded like towing the party line.

bill_reed
15-01-2018, 07:18 PM
loaned till the end of the season with offer to buy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42694978

johnbc70
15-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Interview with him saying he has always wanted to play in an Old Firm game etc Delighted to be at such a massive club etc.

I guess he has to say these things though.

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Probably going to have to duck but don't understand how anyone can look at him standing there with that the rangers top and say they won't boo him at ER

Just Jimmy
15-01-2018, 07:20 PM
what a slaver.

He's always been thick as mince. he'll fit right in.

thanks for the memories son. Now I hope Daz boots you into next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OsloHibs
15-01-2018, 07:21 PM
^^^Agree with most of that.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I just don’t think he’s that good a player.

I’d takes Stokes every time over Cummings.

Well I'd hate to think where we would be now without Cummings goals.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2018, 07:23 PM
He can get tae f now, hope his next ***** is a hedgehog.

Sir David Gray
15-01-2018, 07:24 PM
He'll score goals for them unfortunately.

AugustaHibs
Absolute weapon of a laddie, talks the most amount of pish. Wouldn't care a jot what he makes of himself now. Fanny

HoboHarry
Probably going to have to duck but don't understand how anyone can look at him standing there with that the rangers top and say they won't boo him at ER
Only thing that will be louder than the booing is the cheer when he gets sparkled by McGregor and/or Hanlon. :aok:

iwasthere1972
15-01-2018, 07:27 PM

What a load o pish

Probably only thought that one up about two minutes before the interview began. :agree:

Hope he fails miserably. Don't get me wrong, he scored some important goals for us and helped us win the championship and the Scottish Cup but I hope he fails miserably with the Huns. I won't boo him if he plays for them against us at Easter Road but I would have my fingers crossed that big Marv lets him know that he's in a game. Know what I mean like.

cleanyman
15-01-2018, 07:27 PM
He's playing to the gallery. Part of his job.

We loved it at Hibs now it's at another club. So be it.

silverhibee
15-01-2018, 07:28 PM
It would be up to the administrator, but the chances are that the borrowed players would be sent back.

And even worse would come for the players, I don't think that they would be able to play again until the next window, I tink.

BegbieHSC
15-01-2018, 07:30 PM

What a load o pish

Absolute walloper.

Cannae wait till we get his new mob pumped on 03/02 !

RossScott1991
Holding up that 32Red top, good to see Jase still knows the score.

RamYer1902
**** him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
15-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Good signing for them, he will definitely get a few goals. Not sure how I will react when he comes back. I liked him as a player, he did us a wee turn signing a new deal and was the hammer of the Hearts. Normally that would mean a positive reaction from the crowd but seeing that strip on him might change all that.

givescotlandfreedom
15-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Hopefully he's pish. Our players know his weaknesses better than anyone.

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Only thing that will be louder than the booing is the cheer when he gets sparkled by McGregor and/or Hanlon. :aok:

Fingers crossed

greenlex
15-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Thought he was signing for Hearts? Why are they getting pipped to their targets?

Pretty Boy
15-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Do people really think he is saying those things off the cuff? He'll have been given his script by Traynor and told to keep hitting the key phrases.

In saying that it's still not nice to watch and I hope it all goes wrong so he is away from that club asap.

lugz
15-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Surely the majority on here seen this as an inevitable out come when he left for Forest. Honestly thought it would be longer than it has been but thought it was a cert he'd be back in Scottish football (not at us).

Ronniekirk
15-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Anyone want to buy a signed framed Cummings top
Come to think of it my Daughters boyfriend is a Rangers fan so he will be happy to leave it in the hallway of their flat To be fair its never been taken down
Many a ribbing i have given him when Cummings scored against them
Hope he doesn't get the chance to get his own back

The_Horde
15-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Do people really think he is saying those things off the cuff? He'll have been given his script by Traynor and told to keep hitting the key phrases.

In saying that it's still not nice to watch and I hope it all goes wrong so he is away from that club asap.

Do rangers even have scouts or do they just poach their targets?

Why do Rangers always try and get one up on them..

Unseen work
15-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Think Jase will link up very well with Tavernier.

RossScott1991
15-01-2018, 07:42 PM
He will certainly help them finish above us and aberdeen this season. I think 2nd will be sewn up. But i can imagine over at celtic their point of view they won't be quaking at thought of these rangers signings, we all know Jase has goals in his locker. But he isn't going to take Rangers to anywhere near level of toppling Celtic or competing in Europe. Their fans will soon find that out.

Horrible sight to see him in their top and tweeting ''couldn't turn down chance to play for such a famous club;;:sick::sick:

tamig
15-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Scoring goals in League One wouldn’t necessarily got him into the Scotland squad though. He knows if he plays well and scores goals for the Huns then he’ll be straight in the squad. Unfortunately it’s a no brainer for both parties. Hopefully he’s pish for them but I doubt he will be.

I don’t think there are any Scotland games again this season so not sure that would have been in the bold Jason’s thoughts.

Borderhibbie76
15-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Well I'd hate to think where we would be now without Cummings goals.Aye thanks for the memories but he's a hun now so let's forget him and move on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 07:46 PM
He will certainly help them finish above us and aberdeen this season. I think 2nd will be sewn up. But i can imagine over at celtic their point of view they won't be quaking at thought of these rangers signings, we all know Jase has goals in his locker. But he isn't going to take Rangers to anywhere near level of toppling Celtic or competing in Europe. Their fans will soon find that out.

Horrible sight to see him in their top and tweeting ''couldn't turn down chance to play for such a famous club;;:sick::sick:

I agree but at the same time Celtic fans will be wondering why they're not making any signings...especially to get them prepared for the Europa league.

Is It On....
15-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Very disappointed with JC..would have understood (but been p#ssed) if he had gone to Hearts..but them ffs..!!

Kojock
15-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I despise every thing connected to that horrible vile club. Cummings is now part of that and I hope he gets it tight on his return to ER.

danhibees1875
15-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I think it's a fairly sensible move for Cummings if he isn't getting game time down south and they've struggled to settle. I won't boo him, for various reasons.

I'm surprised rangers went for him and their fans are so delighted (maybe I'm not that surprised, actually). Cummings would have been a good addition for Hibs/hearts in a battle for 4th, but I'm not sure he'll be the difference to get 2nd instead of 3rd...

BegbieHSC
15-01-2018, 07:53 PM
I despise every thing connected to that horrible vile club. Cummings is now part of that and I hope he gets it tight on his return to ER.

This

iwasthere1972
15-01-2018, 07:56 PM
To Hun Jason

From Hibby Jason

:giruy2:

supermcginn
15-01-2018, 07:57 PM
I don’t understand why Cummings would get treated any differently to Griffiths. He actually did more for us as a club than Griffiths.

Exactly 👍

Heisenberg
15-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Cummings will get abuse but it won’t bother him one bit. It’ll probably make him try that little bit harder and probably celebrate a whole lot more if/when he scores against us.

K.Marx
15-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Probably in the minority here but I won’t be giving him any abuse when he returns to ER. He isn’t a Hibs fan and doesn’t really owe anything to us and has made a move which is probably good for his career just now. Painful seeing him in that strip but seemed somewhat inevitable he would end up back in Scotland playing for a team we’re not too keen on.

cleanyman
I hope the fans do nothing when he comes back. Silence is deafening. Certainly won't be on the level of the Griffiths love in

Hibs legend.

Diclonius
I wonder how we'd treat our ex players if Griffiths went to Rangers and Cummings went to Celtic.

Sioux
15-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Very disappointed with JC..would have understood (but been p#ssed) if he had gone to Hearts..but them ffs..!!

He's done what any pro player would have done. They've not got blinkers on, unlike some fans.

JJP
15-01-2018, 08:02 PM
I am no lover of Rangers but I can’t see myself booing any of the players who won us the cup.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-01-2018, 08:04 PM
I am no lover of Rangers but I can’t see myself booing any of the players who won us the cup.

:agree:

greenlex
15-01-2018, 08:06 PM
I wonder how we'd treat our ex players if Griffiths went to Rangers and Cummings went to Celtic.

Poor comparison as Sparky is a Hibs fan.

Malthibby
15-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Indeed, but I want them to go down with all hands so that includes JC as well now. No booing but I want his time at Der Hun to bring nothing but misery.
Now moving on, have we signed anyone yet?
GG

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
15-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Yeah, i wouldnt boo him, i hold no ill will towards him other than his choice of club - hope he and they fail spectacularly.

I think he will do ok, and will be interested to see him, but ive never thought he was particuarly good.

At least he will soon get his first top flight goal of his career...

Sir David Gray
15-01-2018, 08:10 PM
He's done what any pro player would have done. They've not got blinkers on, unlike some fans.

I would rather retire than sign for Rangers.

My_Wife_Camille
15-01-2018, 08:12 PM
I don’t understand why Cummings would get treated any differently to Griffiths. He actually did more for us as a club than Griffiths.
100%

Still love them both tbh. Hope he scores a hat trick every week and the get beat 4-3. A Hibs legend

cleanyman
15-01-2018, 08:13 PM

Aye but you don't play professional football

The Old Firm like it or not are a step up for any young Scottish player

Pretty Boy
15-01-2018, 08:15 PM

I won't boo him but I'm not wishing him well either because that means that I'm wishing Rangers well and that won't be happening.

Cummings is a professional and he's made a decent career move.

lyonhibs
15-01-2018, 08:15 PM

You always crop up saying this kind of thing in the purely hypothetical world of a fan. If football was actually your career and how you earned your keep, things would, I suspect, be rather different.

Anyway, **** Rangers FC and all who sail in her, including JC (though feel free to keep up your record against the real Filth from Gorgie)

Sir David Gray
15-01-2018, 08:20 PM
You always crop up saying this kind of thing in the purely hypothetical world of a fan. If football was actually your career and how you earned your keep, things would, I suspect, be rather different.

Anyway, **** Rangers FC and all who sail in her, including JC (though feel free to keep up your record against the real Filth from Gorgie)

If I was good enough to play for Rangers, I suspect I would have offers on the table from other more palatable clubs.

Jack Hackett
15-01-2018, 08:24 PM

... and Jason is a Jason fan

Albanian Hibs
15-01-2018, 08:28 PM
**** the huns and **** Cummings. Hope they both fail miserably.

One Day
15-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Aye thanks for the memories but he's a hun now so let's forget him and move on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

my sentiments too

Steviethebear
15-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Who cares, no different to Kenny Miller, Kevin Thomson, Ian Murray or Steven Whittaker to name a few, at least he didn’t go straight there from us, legend yes, team player no, lazy player yes, there was a reason NL dropped him last season and t be fair wasn’t his best season for us either, I will still enjoy watching another ex hubby banging them in against the jambos 😀💚

CathroMustStay
15-01-2018, 08:34 PM
I thoroughly appreciate what Cummings achieved at Hibs, but now he is utterly worthless as far I'm concerned.

Eff Sevco and all who sail in her.

Hibs90
15-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Lost all respect for him now. He's better than that. He has been mislead by his agent.

O'Rourke3
15-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Ah well. Thanks for the memories Jase. I would never wish him Ill so I hope The Rangers get the Cumdog that hit the bar at Raith rather than the chancer who thought I'll head this at Tynecastle....

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
15-01-2018, 08:45 PM
I won't boo him but I'm not wishing him well either because that means that I'm wishing Rangers well and that won't be happening.

The most sensible approach to take.

iwasthere1972
15-01-2018, 08:49 PM
From hero to zero.

Souter96Mac
15-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Sevco thinking they've won the league with all these signings. We'll put them back in their place

Hfc_Since1875
15-01-2018, 08:52 PM
He’s a professional footballer doing a job and at a club who will pay him a salary to set him up financially for a long time! I won’t do anything untill I see how he conducts himself. If he scores and winds up Hibs fans then I’ll be disappointed and he’s fair game for pelters! Hopefully he recognises what Hibs have done for his career and acts with some dignity!

BegbieHSC
15-01-2018, 08:53 PM

Delighted to see Keatsy roast him! :not worth:not worth:not worth

S4uzee
15-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Lost all respect for him now. He's better than that. He has been mislead by his agent.

Same agent as S.Allan.... you surprised

Captain Trips
15-01-2018, 09:00 PM
He’s a professional footballer doing a job and at a club who will pay him a salary to set him up financially for a long time! I won’t do anything untill I see how he conducts himself. If he scores and winds up Hibs fans then I’ll be disappointed and he’s fair game for pelters! Hopefully he recognises what Hibs have done for his career and acts with some dignity!

Exactly and I understand that it's his job however I'm a fickle Hibs fan so he is a roaster of the highest order and will be getting stick along with the rest of the horrible Sevco players.

CRAZYHIBBY
15-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Cummings is a hibs legend but hes gone and we've moved on...i doubt he would celebrate scoring against us anyway

Bob1875
15-01-2018, 09:02 PM
He’s getting a large capri sun launched right at him when he returns to ER. Prick.

SideBurns
15-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Jason is both a Hibs legend and, while he plays for them, a Hun bar steward. It seems the two aren't mutually exclusive. I'll resume wishing him well in his career when he goes somewhere else.

Greencore
15-01-2018, 09:04 PM
I wonder if they'll still chant peado at him.

iwasthere1972
15-01-2018, 09:04 PM
He’s getting a large capri sun launched right at him when he returns to ER. Prick.

:tsk tsk:

J-C
15-01-2018, 09:05 PM
A few things about Cummings moving and subsequent loan back looks really dodgy.

We knocked back £1m for him yet he signs a new deal with a £500k release clause, Warburton wanted him at Rangers and with his agent being a huge hun this all seems very dodgy. It reminds me of the Gough saga when he went to Spurs only to return within a year to Rangers, Dundee U would never sell to Rangers so it seemed the ideal scenario.

Disappointed in Cummings but it just goes to prove there's no loyalty any more in football, surely he's not that thick as to think all this would be ok.

Souter96Mac
15-01-2018, 09:06 PM
:tsk tsk:

Agreed. At least a hot bovril.

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 09:07 PM
A few things about Cummings moving and subsequent loan back looks really dodgy.

We knocked back £1m for him yet he signs a new deal with a £500k release clause, Warburton wanted him at Rangers and with his agent being a huge hun this all seems very dodgy. It reminds me of the Gough saga when he went to Spurs only to return within a year to Rangers, Dundee U would never sell to Rangers so it seemed the ideal scenario.

Disappointed in Cummings but it just goes to prove there's no loyalty any more in football, surely he's not that thick as to think all this would be ok.
Where did that information come from?

J-C
15-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Where did that information come from?

From his father who is a good friend of mine, I knew about the Forest deal weeks before it was announced, it was the only way he'd sign a new deal with this release clause in place.

Bob1875
15-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Agreed. At least a hot bovril.

Don’t want to cause harm to the laddie, just send a message. Capri sun (unopened) is fine.

NOLA
15-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Always the type to get homesick after a few months can’t even work a washing machine [emoji362]

Albanian Hibs
15-01-2018, 09:15 PM
From his father who is a good friend of mine, I knew about the Forest deal weeks before it was announced, it was the only way he'd sign a new deal with this release clause in place.

Never knew his dad was a hun. Just tweeted about how proud he is and going for 55 bla bla bla

BegbieHSC
15-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Never knew his dad was a hun. Just tweeted about how proud he is and going for 55 bla bla bla

I was sure he was a jambo...

Albanian Hibs
15-01-2018, 09:18 PM

Can't post a link but he is on Twitter. Total hun.

J-C

He's not, massive Hearts fan like all his family, must admit that tweet really confused me when I seen it, I don't do twitter so I don't know if it's a real account.

Carheenlea

Same thing effectively.

Albanian Hibs
He's not, massive Hearts fan like all his family, must admit that tweet really confused me when I seen it, I don't do twitter so I don't know if it's a real account.

That is weird. Maybe it's a fake account?

Lago
15-01-2018, 09:24 PM

You've hit the nail on the head, I can't understand the hope does well, because quite simply he could be instrumental in the rangers finishing above Hibs in the league.

Hibs90
15-01-2018, 09:24 PM
https://twitter.com/davidcummings00/status/952996707943542786

Looks real to me. Theres previous conversations between him and Jason and his brothers on there.

Lago
15-01-2018, 09:26 PM

Your saying Hibs were stiched up.

J-C
15-01-2018, 09:33 PM

Who knows but the only way he'd sign a new deal was with the release clause, we needed his goals last season and if if meant losing money it was probably worth it just to get promoted. Don't think we saw him coming back so soon and signing for der Hun though.

heretoday
15-01-2018, 09:39 PM
There's no sentiment from the players and who can blame them? It's a short career.

Presumably he can live with getting the bird at ER and possibly from some of his own fans at Ibrox.

S4uzee
15-01-2018, 09:41 PM

Wouldn’t say stitched up, however a few others predicted and I did so myself that he’d end up at either hearts or rangers in January.

SeanWilson
15-01-2018, 09:44 PM
That picture gives me the boke. Hope he is an utter failure for the next 6 months. Love the lad but despise everything about that hideous club, including him.

ancient hibee
15-01-2018, 09:52 PM
I don’t believe clubs in England buy Scots players so that they can sell them to Rangers.

weecounty hibby
15-01-2018, 09:56 PM
He will get no time to settle and if he goes on a run without scoring the Huns will be raging about his lack of effort. As good a goals scorer as he was in Div 1, I always thought he was a man short if he wasn't scoring. Grateful for his efforts, but they are now in the past, I'm afraid I hope the rest of his career is as successful as the last six months. Anyone signing for that disgusting organisation doesn't deserve well wishes and certainly not from Hibbies after the way they have treated Hibs with contempt for years

Hibrandenburg
15-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Call me small minded but I could never feel warmth towards anyone who pulls on that strip never mind wish them well.

500miles
15-01-2018, 10:12 PM
It's probably the right move for him. Still not proven at this level, needs the gametime. I hope he scores every week, as long as the opposition score at least three.

Can't help but like the wee radge.

spike220
15-01-2018, 10:15 PM
My (adapted Irish)blessing to Cummings sums up my sentiments:

May the centre halves rise to meet the crosses into the box intended for you
May Josh Windass through balls always be 3 steps behind you
May Sunshine on Leith always ring in your ears every time we dump the Rangers
and the Scottish Cup Triumph with the Hibees be the highlight of your career
Until we meet again, may the offside flags be your enduring foe.

stu in nottingham
15-01-2018, 10:21 PM
I don’t believe clubs in England buy Scots players so that they can sell them to Rangers.

Nor do I. Cummings was a punt by a previous manager (who proceeded not to give him much of a chance). In any case, Warburton and the Rangers relations were so poor when he left they were threatening to sue each other. I don’t think he’d be working for their benefit.

Meantime, I’m trying to imagine why Forest would take part in engineering a move to Ibrox because I think they’d find it laughable.

Iain G
15-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Always the type to get homesick after a few months can’t even work a washing machine [emoji362]

Just another Scottish footballer who can't hack it in England and runs North of the border at the first chance he gets. Barry Ferguson got homesick as far into the deep south as Blackburn!

Cummings is just going to be the next stupid wee laddie to waste his career...

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Just another Scottish footballer who can't hack it in England and runs North of the border at the first chance he gets. Barry Ferguson got homesick as far into the deep south as Blackburn!

Cummings is just going to be the next stupid wee laddie to waste his career...
English players abroad aren't huge in numbers either so not really sure why you are only highlighting Scots.

Iain G
15-01-2018, 10:42 PM
English players abroad aren't huge in numbers either so not really sure why you are only highlighting Scots.

Probably because Cummings is Scottish? And plenty of English players this side of the border who seem to manage to stay put for longer than 6 months, oh and England is not really abroad 😁

cjward2
15-01-2018, 10:47 PM
He can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned.

We nicked him for nothing from the bitter Yams and made money from him on a transfer.

Between that time, he inflicted a lot of pain on them, gave us a lot of fun and with a great goal in the 2-2 fightback, the winner in the replay and a pass to Stokes for the first goal in the Final, was absolutely instrumental in me having the greatest day of my Hibs life in 55 years and completely rejuvenating our club.

He owes us nothing and will always be a Hibee hero to me.

Have to agree with this. Good luck to him, just hope he NEVER scores against us.

Charliemurdhibs
15-01-2018, 10:56 PM
watched his interview, how many times does he have to say 'huge club' etc.

I dont care who he plays for, but i hate when footballers have to chat abso p*** :cb

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Probably because Cummings is Scottish? And plenty of English players this side of the border who seem to manage to stay put for longer than 6 months, oh and England is not really abroad 😁
In football terms I believe that it is but regardless, carry on imparting your impressive wisdom whilst missing the point. :faf:

jacomo
15-01-2018, 10:59 PM
watched his interview, how many times does he have to say 'huge club' etc.

I dont care who he plays for, but i hate when footballers have to chat abso p*** :cb

He has to say it all the time. The zombies need their comfort blankets right now.

Kojock
15-01-2018, 11:06 PM
I hear that Cummings has asked for the squad no 32.

Scott Allan Key
15-01-2018, 11:06 PM

Not when he set up McGregor to prevent us beating them at Parkhead he wasn’t.

Scott Allan Key
15-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Nor do I. Cummings was a punt by a previous manager (who proceeded not to give him much of a chance). In any case, Warburton and the Rangers relations were so poor when he left they were threatening to sue each other. I don’t think he’d be working for their benefit.

Meantime, I’m trying to imagine why Forest would take part in engineering a move to Ibrox because I think they’d find it laughable.

Aren’t people forgetting Cummings’ agent is, however, a Hun? This ‘ra peepul’ nepotism in Scottish football explains the blindness to corruption and silence in appropriate sanctions. Keep it in the family.

stu in nottingham
15-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Aren’t people forgetting Cummings’ agent is, however, a Hun? This ‘ra peepul’ nepotism in Scottish football explains the blindness to corruption and silence in appropriate sanctions. Keep it in the family.

totally take your point about that in Scottish football. That ***** is practically non-existent in English football though.

Captain Trips
15-01-2018, 11:20 PM
I can see the Biography "From Cumdog to Bawbag"

All I can say I hope in 4 or 5 months time comments like "come in agent Cummings your mission is complete" are on here.

lord bunberry
16-01-2018, 12:11 AM
**** him.

hibees 7062
16-01-2018, 12:24 AM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26239816_485772951817216_7124023961464164833_n.jpg ?oh=041374bd1aca4c44be049f83814a4c63&oe=5AE94096

Halifaxhibby
16-01-2018, 12:26 AM
Don't dislike the guy. Always be a legend, as far as I'm concerned that's his second career mistake in a year. Oh well....I suppose the only loyalty left in football is the supporters nowadays( apart from Lewis) he will be lauded in zombie land and no doubt score a good few goals......we have a really REALLY good squad and should not worry so much about teams that don't learn their lesson and will no doubt go down the financial pan...again....

FTSEVCO
FTH

GGTTH

basehibby
16-01-2018, 12:36 AM
He will always be the most joyous bawbag for me - daft as a brush with just heaps of talent and the memories of the Cumdog in a Hibs shirt will not fade. I have the most awful premonition that he'll be a big hit for the huns though - just hope he does it for Scotland as well.

He is ever the entertainer in search of a big stage and so this move does not surprise me.

Curried
16-01-2018, 02:43 AM
Great player on the day, and his contribution to Hibs will never be forgotten, but FFS what’s the laddie thinking!
I know he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but signing for a club/company that sprook religious hatred as their raison d'être is not a great move IMHO. Particularly, as I don’t doubt there are other teams that would happily pay is wages.

mjhibby
16-01-2018, 03:05 AM
Great player on the day, and his contribution to Hibs will never be forgotten, but FFS what’s the laddie thinking!
I know he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but signing for a club/company that sprook religious hatred as their raison d'être is not a great move IMHO. Particularly, as I don’t doubt there are other teams that would happily pay is wages.

My thoughts too. I know players love to kiss the badge etc but it seemed to me he loved scoring against them so I doubt he's really a keen follower of sevco but will now doubt tell the press what they want to hear. I have my doubts he will score lots unless sevco give him the service. Game at er against them will be tasty to say the least.

Hibeesmad
16-01-2018, 04:15 AM
I will always appreciate the goals he scored for Hibs and he was a part of the Scottish cup winning team so I will always see him as one of the ‘legends’ so let him get on with his career. I personally hope he does bad at rangers then does well if he goes back down south but he will always be welcome back at Hibs if he ever wanted to come back to Easter Road

s2hart
16-01-2018, 04:30 AM
Good luck to the lad, disappointed he chose to go to them, he should've stuck it out a bit longer down south, will still be a legend in my eyes, I'm not too bothered about him coming back to us as I think we have a better all round player in Oli Shaw.

hibsbollah
16-01-2018, 05:44 AM
Call me small minded but I could never feel warmth towards anyone who pulls on that strip never mind wish them well.

wallpaperman
16-01-2018, 05:51 AM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26239816_485772951817216_7124023961464164833_n.jpg ?oh=041374bd1aca4c44be049f83814a4c63&oe=5AE94096

I have no problem with the move Jason has made, particularly when he wasn't getting a look in at Forest. At his age he needs to be playing regularly.

However, this tweet is I'll advised in the least. A lot of players are clueless around what they should post on social media, but you wouldn't think their parents would need schooled on what is and isn't sensible.

This is the 'top' moment in his son's career so far according to Daddy, and he's only just put the shirt on, not even played a game yet. Not as proud of his son's many achievements at Hibs after they took a chance on him after being cast aside by our city neighbours?

i thought Cummings came from a Hearts family, but looks like Daddy is a Hun, at least today?

itslegaltender
16-01-2018, 05:53 AM
He is a legend. Whatever he does, whoever he plays for in the future does not matter.

greenlex
16-01-2018, 06:47 AM

You are confusing being a fan with being a pro. He is 100% a fan100% of the time. Cummings never was and probably never be a Hibs fan. Hibs fans are easier on Griffiths because he is a fan. Just like they are/werewith Riordan.

JimBHibees
16-01-2018, 07:06 AM

He is a professional footballer when he is playing, doing his job. Kind of remember it was more like poor defending that set that goal up anyway.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2018, 07:10 AM

Are you suggesting he should have disregarded his professional integrity because of his personal support?

If Scott Bain was to get the nod in goals for the derby I'll not be expecting him to play any differently from usual because he supported/supports Hearts.

They are professionals and should perform accordingly.

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 07:11 AM

You don't have to question what he's thinking when you see his old mans attitude and thoughts on the matter.

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 07:14 AM
I have no problem with the move Jason has made, particularly when he wasn't getting a look in at Forest. At his age he needs to be playing regularly.

However, this tweet is I'll advised in the least. A lot of players are clueless around what they should post on social media, but you wouldn't think their parents would need schooled on what is and isn't sensible.

This is the 'top' moment in his son's career so far according to Daddy, and he's only just put the shirt on, not even played a game yet. Not as proud of his son's many achievements at Hibs after they took a chance on him after being cast aside by our city neighbours?

i thought Cummings came from a Hearts family, but looks like Daddy is a Hun, at least today?

His dad probably doesn't have to be delighted privately any longer.

Onion
16-01-2018, 07:29 AM

Cummings knows he has a lot to do to endear himself to the Neanderthals, many don't like him. The Huns are THE most insecure, bigoted mob on the planet and need their players to proclaim undying loyalty to their "cause". IMO, his Dad is simply doing what most parents would do, trying to help his son along in his career. Words cost nothing and the worst that can happen is that he irritates a handful of Hibs fans.

MrSmith
16-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Talking of premonitions, I predict he’ll fade away into obscurity at The Rangers. Great guy and talent but don’t think he’s all that he’s being made out to be. Good luck though 👍 definitely gonna need it!

Colr
16-01-2018, 08:22 AM
He is a professional footballer when he is playing, doing his job. Kind of remember it was more like poor defending that set that goal up anyway.

I’ve worked for some right ****s in my time to pull in a wage. I don’t see why footballers would be any different.

Colr
16-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Cummings knows he has a lot to do to endear himself to the Neanderthals, many don't like him. The Huns are THE most insecure, bigoted mob on the planet and need their players to proclaim undying loyalty to their "cause". IMO, his Dad is simply doing what most parents would do, trying to help his son along in his career. Words cost nothing and the worst that can happen is that he irritates a handful of Hibs fans.

If he gets opportunities, he’ll score goals. If he doesn’t score, they will be on his back and there is maybe less to other aspects of his game.

He’s a great striker.

snooky
16-01-2018, 08:28 AM
His dad probably doesn't have to be delighted privately any longer.

Is the flag in there for any specific reason? :whistle:

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Is the flag in there for any specific reason? :whistle:

Sooky sooky reasons and a free ticket to Ibrox I would take a guess at.

Is there a Suaghton Hun supporters bus? If so there's a gap in the market. :wink:

Mr_F
16-01-2018, 08:56 AM
**** him & the Zombies.

Boo the **** to **** when back at ER

Northernhibee
16-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Amazing that people will defend Scott Allan to the ends of the earth and post venom about a man who stuck with us, scored a load of goals and gave us great memories and left respectfully and with dignity.

MyJo
16-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Jason could have signed for Sevco for nothing in the summer if he wanted to. Instead he signed a new contract guaranteeing us a transfer fee, helped get us promoted and moved down south to try his luck in the English leagues.

He's not been getting a game and has been allowed to leave by a new manager and has ended up with Sevco where I have no doubt he will be successful while still earning money he would not have received at Hibs.

I don't like the fact he is a Hun now but it doesn't take away from what he achieved as a hibby and I certainly don't hold any grudges about him doing what's best for his career.

GreenOnions
16-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Jason could have signed for Sevco for nothing in the summer if he wanted to. Instead he signed a new contract guaranteeing us a transfer fee, helped get us promoted and moved down south to try his luck in the English leagues.

He's not been getting a game and has been allowed to leave by a new manager and has ended up with Sevco where I have no doubt he will be successful while still earning money he would not have received at Hibs.

I don't like the fact he is a Hun now but it doesn't take away from what he achieved as a hibby and I certainly don't hold any grudges about him doing what's best for his career.

Totally agree :agree:

WeeRussell
16-01-2018, 10:13 AM
It's been the past few seasons in particular and relations are friendly between the two clubs themselves, if not necessarily the fans. They both recognise how mutually helpful loaning players is.

There isn't quite the rivalry you might expect, mainly because for a long time Forest have been more successful and completely blew Notts away in the Clough years. The team's fans are segregated during matches but there would always be many that would sit in either end, including myself. Forest see Derby County as their main rivals though undoubtedly they like to put one over on each other on rare meetings. Leicester City fans tend to see Forest as their derby rivals but that's not reciprocated.

Forest supporters tend to dismiss Notts supporters as 'bitter' and 'moaners'. County fans tend to see Forest as patronising and arrogant. There's a bit of truth in both views in my opinion!

Thanks for that Stu. Interesting stuff.

J-C
16-01-2018, 10:19 AM

I know his dad well and I'm very surprised at this tweet, the whole family are massive Hearts fans and I know his dad hated going to ER to see his son play for their biggest rivals. Looks like his dad is playing up to the Hun hoardes with this tweet.

chrisski33
16-01-2018, 10:47 AM

spot on!:wink:

WestStandWillie
16-01-2018, 10:55 AM
He left in the summer - deal wae it

gillythehibby
16-01-2018, 11:11 AM
No sure what the big deal is. We sold him after he did well for us and we enjoyed him whilst he was at Hibs. He was never " one of our own" as they say and deffo not a Legend as some would have us believe. Decent player but never a Legend.

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 11:13 AM
No sure what the big deal is. We sold him after he did well for us and we enjoyed him whilst he was at Hibs. He was never " one of our own" as they say and deffo not a Legend as some would have us believe. Decent player but never a Legend.

He was part of the team that won us the Scottish Cup, scored a goal to bring us back from the death at the PBS, scored the goal that emptied them in the replay, scored the winning pen in the Semi final and played a big part in the final itself. (Cummings doon the line to start with)

Then you have all the goals he scored to get us back in the position we are in now, signed a new deal to get us ££ too even though if Ibrox was his aim the new deal would have almost certainly ruled them out.

If he's not a legend then god knows who is.

oneone73

Every Scottish Cup winner is a legend imo.

Since90+2
Every single player who won the Scottish Cup with Hibs in 2016 is a legend without a shadow of a doubt and always will be , Cummings is no different.

Onion
16-01-2018, 11:33 AM
He was part of the team that won us the Scottish Cup, scored a goal to bring us back from the death at the PBS, scored the goal that emptied them in the replay, scored the winning pen in the Semi final and played a big part in the final itself. (Cummings doon the line to start with)

Then you have all the goals he scored to get us back in the position we are in now, signed a new deal to get us ££ too even though if Ibrox was his aim the new deal would have almost certainly ruled them out.

If he's not a legend then god knows who is.

Well said ! Detest the Huns, but even they cannot taint a living Hibs Legend. Hope he fails miserably at Ibrox but always welcome back to ER, anytime.

Ralphy C
Seems to me that a lot on here have forgotten what that wait to win the SC was like. Guy's a legend for me, yet folk talking about how they're going to abuse him.:confused:

happiehibbie
I know his dad well and I'm very surprised at this tweet, the whole family are massive Hearts fans and I know his dad hated going to ER to see his son play for their biggest rivals. Looks like his dad is playing up to the Hun hoardes with this tweet.

Hi JC

I spoke with someone on Saturday and asked him is the boy away to the Rangers then I quote " he wont go there is a bad move him coming back here"
I will PM you

G B Young
16-01-2018, 11:40 AM
When I read his dad's tweet I thought it was remarkable that Jason helping to make history by winning the Scottish Cup with Hibs didn't rate as a prouder moment than signing a loan deal at the Rangers, but then if he's a big Rangers supporter then I guess he must have hated that cup final!!

Personally, it doesn't really bother me that he's ended up there. Better than signing for Hearts in the sense that I'd hate to see him scoring in a derby against us. The way he wound up the yams when scoring for Hibs against them was one of my favourite memories of him at ER.

Onion
16-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Seems to me that a lot on here have forgotten what that wait to win the SC was like. Guy's a legend for me, yet folk talking about how they're going to abuse him.:confused:

Exactly, it's absolutely crazy. Same category as those same small-minded idiots who's very first though after us winning the Cup after 114 years was to run across Hampden Park lto noise up some irrelevant Sevco fans. :brickwall

18Hibee75
16-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Cummings was a legend in my eyes last week, but far from it now. The boy has absolutely zero loyalties in football and knew that his move to the Huns would not rest easy with hibs fans. As someone pointed out before, I'll see how he conducts himself when playing for them, and especially against us before I start to boo him. If he plays up to their support and celebrates like a fanny if/when he scores against us then he deserves nothing less than a hostile atmosphere towards him.

A Jambo friend of mine is genuinely good pals with Cummings and texted him about his move, according to him he would kiss the badge if he scored against us, don't believe that for a second however.

JeMeSouviens
16-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Are die Neuen Huns keeping Morelos? All bitterness at seeing him in that horrible blue jersey aside, I'm not at all sure JC would start ahead of him? There's got to be a reasonable chance he just has his arse on the bench for a few months and then heads off elsewhere. :pray:

MikeyS
16-01-2018, 11:51 AM
I'm normally one to steer clear of conspiracy theories but think you might be on to something. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen with Jamie Walker.

Iceman1875
16-01-2018, 11:53 AM
It’s football, it happens!

jacomo
16-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Amazing that people will defend Scott Allan to the ends of the earth and post venom about a man who stuck with us, scored a load of goals and gave us great memories and left respectfully and with dignity.

Hi! I’ve just made this straw man argument. What do you think?

ian cruise
16-01-2018, 12:02 PM
When you see how much JC enjoyed scoring against Hearts booing and giving him abuse is probably only going to be counter productive. Boy is a footballer trying to have the best career he can, he's a Hibs legend. Only reason for not hoping he does well is that it means Rangers end up above us in the league, but I certainly won't be showering him with abuse just because he's signed for rangers.

Northernhibee
16-01-2018, 12:05 PM

I think some people have weird priorities. JC is a Hibs legend and he stayed to get us promoted and a transfer fee and SA tried his hardest to move directly to Sevco for as little as humanly possible and disrupting the team.

One is seen as just trying to get a money move and would be welcome back, yet people appear angry or bitter about JC, a Scottish Cup winner.

I can't be the only one to find that absurd?

Lago
16-01-2018, 12:06 PM

You can't blame the boy for trying to progress his career, but what disapponts me is that fair enough he signed on the understanding that he could go when a club met his release clause. I don't think I was alone in being surprised when he went to Forrest, but no sooner was he away than people on here were posting that in Jan back he would come either to hearts or rangers I personally didn't believe it, but what happened Jan, signed on loan to rangers with £700k fee agreed to sign permanently in the summer. Yet I'm told rangers are skint, broke but on they go signing international players, even Kris Boyd complaining about them unsettling Killie's winger Jones. Frankly it stinks I don't believe there's corruption invoved but certainty do believe that a blind eye is being shown to certain practices & clubs by the SFA & SPFL.
So this what I see, Aug17 transferred to Nots Forrest, fee £500k, scores one goal. Jan 18 transfer on loan to rangers with fee of £700k agreed to sign permanently in summer. NF get bigger fee than Hibs cover all expenditure, rangers get the player rumors had it they wanted but knew Hibs wouldn't sell to them, as per Scott Allen.
Scottish football's level playing field, don't think so.
Thats me finished, sorry for the rant. :confused:

snooky
16-01-2018, 12:16 PM
You can't blame the boy for trying to progress his career, but what disapponts me is that fair enough he signed on the understanding that he could go when a club met his release clause. I don't think I was alone in being surprised when he went to Forrest, but no sooner was he away than people on here were posting that in Jan back he would come either to hearts or rangers I personally didn't believe it, but what happened Jan, signed on loan to rangers with £700k fee agreed to sign permanently in the summer. Yet I'm told rangers are skint, broke but on they go signing international players, even Kris Boyd complaining about them unsettling Killie's winger Jones. Frankly it stinks I don't believe there's corruption invoved but certainty do believe that a blind eye is being shown to certain practices & clubs by the SFA & SPFL.
So this what I see, Aug17 transferred to Nots Forrest, fee £500k, scores one goal. Jan 18 transfer on loan to rangers with fee of £700k agreed to sign permanently in summer. NF get bigger fee than Hibs cover all expenditure, rangers get the player rumors had it they wanted but knew Hibs wouldn't sell to them, as per Scott Allen.
Scottish football's level playing field, don't think so.
Thats me finished, sorry for the rant. :confused:

:agree: Andy Webster-esque

RossScott1991
16-01-2018, 12:19 PM
I’d close this thread if I had the power !!

He’s a hun now. Wish him all the bad luck in world. Hibs legend and will go back to hoping he does well in his career, not while at rangers tho. Bare no personal hard feelings. Way people are going on you would think he signed for them directly from us

shetlandhibee
16-01-2018, 12:20 PM

If he's not a legend then god knows who is.ime with you on this anybody thinking differently has there head buried in the sand or up somwhere else! IMO:top marks

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Well said ! Detest the Huns, but even they cannot taint a living Hibs Legend. Hope he fails miserably at Ibrox but always welcome back to ER, anytime.

KWJ
16-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Be interesting to know what the buying fee would be and how big a slice of it comes back along to us.

DR1875
16-01-2018, 12:36 PM
The wee sensitive souls on here should grow up! These guys are professional football players, that means they play football for MONEY! There is no loyalty, they may show some when they retire and go back to following the club they loved as a kid. Give them a break. It's only a game!

Sylar
16-01-2018, 12:41 PM
The wee sensitive souls on here should grow up! These guys are professional football players, that means they play football for MONEY! There is no loyalty, they may show some when they retire and go back to following the club they loved as a kid. Give them a break. It's only a game!

You're new here, aren't you? :greengrin

Sensible move - his playing time at Forest wasn't likely to increase under what is widely considered to be an uber-conservative and not especially attack minded coach.

He knows the game well here, he'll probably be mates with a fair number of the Rangers squad and it will put him in a good window for both Scotland and a more lucrative move in future (the very near future hopefully).

It wouldn't at all surprise me if he comes back to haunt us between now and the end of the season.

Hibs90
16-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Cummings was wanted by them as soon as he banged in the goals against them. Cummings really wanted to go at the time. Hibs would not sell to them. Fannies hat buys him for Forrest. 6 months later hes up at them. Not difficult to see whsts happened here. Agent played a blinder. Hibs screwed over.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2018, 12:46 PM
When you see how much JC enjoyed scoring against Hearts booing and giving him abuse is probably only going to be counter productive. Boy is a footballer trying to have the best career he can, he's a Hibs legend. Only reason for not hoping he dies well is that it means Rangers end up above us in 5be2 league, but I certainly won't be showering him with abuse just because he's signed for rangers.

Unfortunate typo!

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Cummings was wanted by them as soon as he banged in the goals against them. Cummings really wanted to go at the time. Hibs would not sell to them. Fannies hat buys him for Forrest. 6 months later hes up at them. Not difficult to see whsts happened here. Agent played a blinder. Hibs screwed over.

How have Hibs been screwed over?

And, is this is the same Warburton that, last we knew, was still chasing his former club for money?

HoboHarry
16-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Seriously? Don't think even Poirot would investigate that one.

stantonhibby
16-01-2018, 12:52 PM

And, is this is the same Warburton that, at last we knew, was still chasing his former club for money?

Exactly.....Warburton didn't leave on good terms so why would he be looking to do them a good turn.

Hibs90
16-01-2018, 12:53 PM

And, is this is the same Warburton that, last we knew, was still chasing his former club for money?

And? All his agents doing.

Billy Whizz
16-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Jason was a fantastic player for Hibs, I will never boo him for what he done for us
Just really disappointed tha he’s joined a club who stand for sectarianism and bigotry, and I’ll tell him that when I next see him

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2018, 12:57 PM
And? All his agents doing.

... which he would need MB's help with in the first place.

And, how have Hibs been screwed over?

Hibs90
16-01-2018, 01:02 PM
... which he would need MB's help with in the first place.

And, how have Hibs been screwed over?

Because his head was turned to an extent. I believe he woukd have been quite happy to stay at Hibs longer than he did.

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Because his head was turned to an extent. I believe he woukd have been quite happy to stay at Hibs longer than he did.

.. despite the general opinion that his contract had a buy-out clause, which Hibs had agreed to?

Scott Allan Key
16-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Are you suggesting he should have disregarded his professional integrity because of his personal support?

If Scott Bain was to get the nod in goals for the derby I'll not be expecting him to play any differently from usual because he supported/supports Hearts.

They are professionals and should perform accordingly.

No, quite the opposite. His professionalism superseded his being a fan where it matters, where he can make it count. And I wouldn’t expect anything else. Being a fan is irrelevant was my point. Could add in Kris Boyd to that list v Rangers.

GillyHibee
16-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Sounds exactly like the Old Huns, glass cheques and loan deals. Skip forward 6 months and these 1/2 million pound deals will be scrapped, with the old "wasn't in the managers plans".

lapsedhibee
16-01-2018, 01:11 PM

:greengrin

hibsbollah
16-01-2018, 01:18 PM

:aok:

Lago
16-01-2018, 01:24 PM
:agree: Andy Webster-esque

Hit the nail square on the head:aok:

Ronniekirk
16-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Sounds exactly like the Old Huns, glass cheques and loan deals. Skip forward 6 months and these 1/2 million pound deals will be scrapped, with the old "wasn't in the managers plans".

Will they stick with Murty as Manager next Season I doubt it unless they finish second and do very well in the Cup , but even then its how they do in Europe that is key for Dave King
I personally think they are giving it their best shot to support Murty and Nichol , to achieve European Football and to try and generate some enthusiasm in the support which is pissed off having to pay for dud under forming managers and the running of the Club into more debt and not appointing the right Manager in the first place
Any Rangers fan i know knows they are still miles behind Celtic , and are not complimentary about King
The next few months are crucial to them hence the flurry of activity
However its noticeable they cant buy the players they want which is forcing their hand to bring in Loan players
If nothing else it will be interesting to see how this plays out

GillyHibee
16-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Will they stick with Murty as Manager next Season I doubt it unless they finish second and do very well in the Cup , but even then its how they do in Europe that is key for Dave King
I personally think they are giving it their best shot to support Murty and Nichol , to achieve European Football and to try and generate some enthusiasm in the support which is pissed off having to pay for dud under forming managers and the running of the Club into more debt and not appointing the right Manager in the first place
Any Rangers fan i know knows they are still miles behind Celtic , and are not complimentary about King
The next few months are crucial to them hence the flurry of activity
However its noticeable they cant buy the players they want which is forcing their hand to bring in Loan players
If nothing else it will be interesting to see how this plays out

Even with all the signings, 6 months isn't a great amount of time for players to bed and gel. I can still see a good fight from 3 teams for 2nd place, depending on Lennon's signings this window ,if we could get a goal-scoring midfielder and a bit consistency then its possible we could challenge for that place. But who knows :cb

AndyM_1875
16-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Even with all the signings, 6 months isn't a great amount of time for players to bed and gel. I can still see a good fight from 3 teams for 2nd place, depending on Lennon's signings this window ,if we could get a goal-scoring midfielder and a bit consistency then its possible we could challenge for that place. But who knows :cb

Playing Devil's Advocate and being impartial here, I'm actually quietly impressed with what Murty is doing. :duck:
He's revamped the coaching side and avoided the nonsense that went on under Pedro, Fanny's hat and Fat Ally by signing players who are Scottish, know the score up here and will probably come relatively cheap given the ridiculous wasted outlays of the past .
Jason Cummings, Jamie Murphy and Russell Martin are all good players and will have no problems adjusting. These guys are not a risk.
Yes they are way behind Celtic (in both budget and player pool depth) and they won't have Celtic's consistency (although they are capable of beating them in a one off game) but they should still finish second due to budget levels alone.

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Playing Devil's Advocate and being impartial here, I'm actually quietly impressed with what Murty is doing. :duck:
He's revamped the coaching side and avoided the nonsense that went on under Pedro, Fanny's hat and Fat Ally by signing players who are Scottish, know the score up here and will probably come relatively cheap given the ridiculous wasted outlays of the past .
Jason Cummings, Jamie Murphy and Russell Martin are all good players and will have no problems adjusting. These guys are not a risk.
Yes they are way behind Celtic (in both budget and player pool depth) and they won't have Celtic's consistency (although they are capable of beating them in a one off game) but they should still finish second due to budget levels alone.

I think he's been forced into that, TBF. His bosses can't afford to spend a lot.

Also, given that he may only be there until the summer, it makes sense not to tie anyone up that the new manager might not fancy.

It is, I agree, a smart way of doing things.

ian cruise
16-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Unfortunate typo!

Jesus, you're right. That's what happens when I have a sneaky check of .net at work.

Johnny Clash
16-01-2018, 03:51 PM
To be honest I was more gutted when wee Russell went and signed direct from Hibs to the Buns!

heretoday
16-01-2018, 04:04 PM
To be honest I was more gutted when wee Russell went and signed direct from Hibs to the Buns!

Definitely! Now there was a real clever player.

IlDiavola
16-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Definitely! Now there was a real clever player.

A great wee player was Latapy. :thumbsup:

Mango Man
16-01-2018, 05:22 PM
A great wee player was Latapy. :thumbsup:

Probably the best player I've seen at Hibs, what vision he had, and had plenty goals in his game too, in fact, he would have been great in this Hibs team, just what we are crying out for.

IlDiavola
16-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Probably the best player I've seen at Hibs, what vision he had, and had plenty goals in his game too, in fact, he would have been great in this Hibs team, just what we are crying out for.

Couldn't agree more.

erin go bragh
16-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Be interesting to know what the buying fee would be and how big a slice of it comes back along to us.
Sure some journalist tweeted 600k ( that’s a dear provi for Sevco )

jacomo
16-01-2018, 05:37 PM

All fair comment. What gives me faith is that Murty’s team is liable to chuck it in any given game.

beensaidbefore
16-01-2018, 05:39 PM
.. despite the general opinion that his contract had a buy-out clause, which Hibs had agreed to?

When was this contract signed? Before or after alleged head turning?

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2018, 05:59 PM
When was this contract signed? Before or after alleged head turning?When was the head-turning? :)

Hibeewilly
16-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Why is everybody so worried about Cummings going to Ibrox....we were "offered" him apparently but NL turned it down and rightly so for various reasons. I don't have a problem with that.......lets see what develops.....particularly how McLaren performs. We might be pleasantly surprised by all accounts. He might surprise us all...and then compare him to Jason if you still feel the need!! Watch this space

SunshineOnLeith
16-01-2018, 06:21 PM

If Cummings "really wanted to go", then let's give some credit to the lad's professionalism that he never spat the dummy, ran to the papers etc. And also pay tribute to his loyalty to the club that let him live his dream of playing football for a living that he signed a new contract rather than simply leaving on a free.

Despite being a Hearts fan as a kid, he's shown more respect and loyalty to Hibs than the 'of our own' trio of Ian Murray, Derek Riordan and Kevin Thomson managed between them.

WhileTheChief..
16-01-2018, 06:57 PM
If Cummings is a Hibs legend we need to find a new word to describe the Famous Five.

First division player that scored a few against the Huns and Hearts and he’s given legendary status??

No chance.

Is Gunnersson also a Hibs legend?!

BoomtownHibees
16-01-2018, 06:59 PM
If Cummings is a Hibs legend we need to find a new word to describe the Famous Five.

First division player that scored a few against the Huns and Hearts and he’s given legendary status??

No chance.

For being part of the squad that won the cup, yes he is. Anyone who played a part is a legend imo

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 07:02 PM

No chance.

Is Gunnersson also a
Hibs legend?!

You do realise his role in us winning the one cup we all hoped and prayed for aye? Without Cummings there's no Scottish Cup, just let that sink in.

Gunnersson is a hero, in fact a legend.

Every last one of they players who brought that cup back are legends.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2018, 07:03 PM

No chance.

The full cup winning squad are legends. They provided a day that many of us had given up hope of ever seeing in our lifetime.

I wish him nothing but misery during his time at his present employer but Jason Cummings is certainly a Hibs legend.

SunshineOnLeith
16-01-2018, 07:18 PM

Absolutely. With bonus points for being the coolest man on the open top bus.

Northernhibee
16-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Niklas Gunnarson was immense when he came on. Made a fantastic tackle when Rangers were breaking into the box, closed down everything - really solid defensive display under pressure.

bigwheel
16-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Niklas Gunnarson was immense when he came on. Made a fantastic tackle when Rangers were breaking into the box, closed down everything - really solid defensive display under pressure.

He would be a great transfer for us just now....

Firestarter
16-01-2018, 07:55 PM
He would be a great transfer for us just now....

👍 Where is he now. Would love to see him back developing here.

When you think of all the ***** randoms we have taken on loan over the years he was a brilliant signing.

Allant1981
16-01-2018, 08:11 PM

No chance.

what a daft statement to make

lugz
16-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Crazy anyone is questioning his legend status because he moved to rangers. Go back watch the DVD and his contribution then come back. Every player that day is and forever will be a legend regardless of where their future career takes them.

7 Up
16-01-2018, 08:55 PM
👍 Where is he now. Would love to see him back developing here.

When you think of all the ***** randoms we have taken on loan over the years he was a brilliant signing.

Playing in Sweden it seems. Djurgårdens.

16-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Playing in Sweden it seems. Djurgårdens.

He'd be a great shout. They were 3rd in the Swedish top league last year. The season having ended 2 months ago. He only played 18 games for them in 2017, he started the last 2 games but was on the bench for the 6 before that. He'd better off with Hibs... and it's a couple of degrees warmer here.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-01-2018, 10:03 PM

Much more, yet now a few years on I've as good as forgotten that he ever played for the Oldco Huns.

Vini1875
16-01-2018, 10:21 PM
My only interest in all this is what it means to Hibs in terms of any sell on clause we have for Jason. Didn't love him when he was at Hibs and don't hate him now he is at the huns. I understand if he stayed with NFFC he was going nowhere so from his point of view and for his career he is doing the right thing.

CropleyWasGod
17-01-2018, 05:35 AM
My only interest in all this is what it means to Hibs in terms of any sell on clause we have for Jason. Didn't love him when he was at Hibs and don't hate him now he is at the huns. I understand if he stayed with NFFC he was going nowhere so from his point of view and for his career he is doing the right thing.I'd be surprised if there wasn't a sell-on clause. My question would be whether that was based on the fee or any profit.

Of course, a sell-on clause only kicks in if there is an actual sale.

Jones28
17-01-2018, 07:23 AM

Really gutted we couldn't keep him on. I thought he was immense and he scored a cracker against Rangers at ER

Tyler Durden
17-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Why is everybody so worried about Cummings going to Ibrox....we were "offered" him apparently but NL turned it down and rightly so for various reasons. I don't have a problem with that.......lets see what develops.....particularly how McLaren performs. We might be pleasantly surprised by all accounts. He might surprise us all...and then compare him to Jason if you still feel the need!! Watch this space

Given Rangers have agreed a fee to sign him in the summer I seriously doubt that Hibs were offered him

Tyler Durden
17-01-2018, 07:34 AM
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a sell-on clause. My question would be whether that was based on the fee or any profit.

Of course, a sell-on clause only kicks in if there is an actual sale.

If you believe the media reports it sounds as though Forest are happy to recoup their outlay so no profit involved

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 07:34 AM
Given Rangers have agreed a fee to sign him in the summer I seriously doubt that Hibs were offered him

Yep. And given he's pushed for the move there instead of staying South as per the original plan before his manager Fanny hat got punted it's even less likely.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-01-2018, 08:05 AM
"I am absolutely delighted to get the chance to join Rangers,"

"This is one of the biggest clubs in world football and I can't wait to play at Ibrox in front of so many supporters, it really is a dream come true.

Who would say such a thing?
The quote is not Jason's, but somebody rather closer to home.

Regardless of what we as supporters feel about that club, it is very different for a professional player.

hibsbollah
17-01-2018, 08:19 AM

"This is one of the biggest clubs in world football and I can't wait to play at Ibrox in front of so many supporters, it really is a dream come true.

Regardless of what we as supporters feel about that club, it is very different for a professional player.

Anyone who's watched more than a handful of Cummings interviews will know that Cummings is about as likely to say
'It really is a dream come true' as he is to say 'what what old bean, it'd be awfully kind of you to accompany me to this evenings ballet performance'.

SunshineOnLeith
17-01-2018, 09:51 AM

"one of the biggest clubs in the world" is just their standard line new signings are expected to trot out, like our signings are always blown away by East Mains, or Celtic's have dreamed of pulling on the hoops since they were a child.

bigwheel
17-01-2018, 09:55 AM
"one of the biggest clubs in the world" is just their standard line new signings are expected to trot out, like our signings are always blown away by East Mains, or Celtic's have dreamed of pulling on the hoops since they were a child.

fair enough points...but tbh it's a great move for him. And he will be delighted....If you are a Scottish pro, you'd find it hard to turn down Rangers or Celtic. They are the biggest clubs in our league. He will revel in the big game atmosphere there. If he gets game time, he will score goals.

Waxy
17-01-2018, 09:56 AM
As soon as the game went professional any player loyalty ended.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-01-2018, 10:25 AM

The quote on signing for Rangers that I posted - joining one of biggest clubs in the world, dream come true etc was by Darren McGrgregor if anyone wonders.

hibsbollah
17-01-2018, 10:57 AM

The quote on signing for Rangers that I posted - joining one of biggest clubs in the world, dream come true etc was by Darren McGrgregor if anyone wonders.

Look at this from 2011, El Hadji Djouf says 'I know I am joining one of the Biggest Clubs in the World' :faf:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/feb/01/rangers-el-hadji-diouf-loan

hibsbollah
17-01-2018, 11:24 AM
...and if you've forgotten what kind of club we're talking about here, this link might jog your memory.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-60/

As they keep reminding us, theyre not a normal club.

17-01-2018, 11:32 AM
...and if you've forgotten what kind of club we're talking about here, this link might jog your memory.

Haha, that statement still makes me smile.

WeeRussell
17-01-2018, 11:38 AM

"No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted"

"It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club."

"We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them."

"This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly..."

This still sits on their official website!

hibsbollah
17-01-2018, 11:40 AM
"No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted"

"It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club."

"We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them."

"This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly..."

This still sits on their official website!

I liked the 'As Hibs went over the top in their thousands' bit the best. WW1 imagery Wilfred Owen or Ziggy Sassoon would have been proud of:aok:

WeeRussell
17-01-2018, 11:49 AM
I liked the 'As Hibs went over the top in their thousands' bit the best. WW1 imagery Wilfred Owen or Ziggy Sassoon would have been proud of:aok:

:thumbsup: ... and then the poor wee platoon of 6 or 7 Hearty Rangers fans standing up to the nasty army in order to protect their "women and children". It really is an unbelievable statement for a professional club, especially given everyone is now aware of the truth.

truehibernian
17-01-2018, 11:53 AM

All that's missing is the Lord Kitchener photo bollah :faf: or Walter Smith with a photoshopped peaky blinders moustache :greengrin

hibsbollah
17-01-2018, 12:12 PM
All that's missing is the Lord Kitchener photo bollah :faf: or Walter Smith with a photoshopped peaky blinders moustache :greengrin

:greengrin Im betting a tenner that Traynor was forced to do the war poets at school. Might explain his sympathy for the hun #boomboom

Apologies for the record link but this is always worth a laugh just for warburtons coupon.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-rangers-pr-chief-interrupt-9031539

Arch Stanton
17-01-2018, 02:22 PM

Lets hope Trump never sets eyes on that - it's just the kind of thing he tweets about - Irish immigrants attacking the staunch Protestant faithful - sad, sad news. :agree:

Bostonhibby
17-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Lets hope Trump never sets eyes on that - it's just the kind of thing he tweets about - Irish immigrants attacking the staunch Protestant faithful - sad, sad news. :agree:☺ maybe he could help them build a wall to protect them from this sort of thing.

Then they could all get together to sing about guarding it, even the ones who don't know where it is.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

greenginger
17-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Lets hope Trump never sets eyes on that - it's just the kind of thing he tweets about - Irish immigrants attacking the staunch Protestant faithful - sad, sad news. :agree:

Trump cannot be very staunch, his wife is Catholic.

Jim44
17-01-2018, 02:57 PM

...... not to mention Blackadder and Baldrick........... ‘I have a cunning statement!’ Says Traynor. :greengrin

SonOfDavidFrancey
17-01-2018, 02:58 PM

Never heard siegfried Sassoon referred to as Ziggy before. Could open up a whole new set of poets: Wilfie Owen, Big Tam Eliot, Shuggie MacDiarmid etc

CropleyWasGod
17-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Never heard siegfried Sassoon referred to as Ziggy before. Could open up a whole new set of poets: Wilfie Owen, Big Tam Eliot, Shuggie MacDiarmid etc

Bobby Burns.

snooky
17-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Bobby Burns.

Believe it or not, that's what the call him in North America :cb
:sick:

Arch Stanton
17-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Trump cannot be very staunch, his wife is Catholic.

Would it shock you if I told you that Amoruso wasn't Protestant? :agree:

It's called opportunism - Bible Belt for the votes, Jewish Lobby for the money and a Catholic wife for whatever he fancies (not to mention Russian prostitutes for what he really fancied!)

lapsedhibee
17-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Trump cannot be very staunch, his wife is Catholic.Why would the trumpet even know what religion his wife follows? Hardly think she's there to give him spiritual guidance.

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Why would the trumpet even know what religion his wife follows? Hardly think she's there to give him spiritual guidance.

She could give me spiritual guidance and day she wants tbh and I don't even know what that entails.

Arch Stanton
17-01-2018, 05:32 PM
She could give me spiritual guidance and day she wants tbh and I don't even know what that entails.

Yea, but you're hoping it involves some kind of laying on of hands no doubt!

stu in nottingham
17-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Bobby Burns.

'Big Dode' Byron :wink: