PDA

View Full Version : Stokes interview

G B Young
14-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Can't see this posted anywhere, but apologies if already on another thread:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/stokes-hibs-cup-win-surpassed-all-i-achieved-at-celtic-1-4660835

flash
14-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Was this before or after his 36 hour drinking session?

Ringothedog
14-01-2018, 11:27 AM
During, I believe.

WhileTheChief..
14-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Brilliant.

He will easily hit 20+ goals this season.

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2018, 11:42 AM
He sets high standards for himself and seems he knows he can do better so hopefully we get a lot more cup final type performances from him in 2nd half of season. Interesting that he feels settled at Hibs and even talks of ending his career here - good stuff Stokesy...now put the Jambos to the sword next week please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
14-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Why did he have to say that about the cup win and the parade.

Inconsiderate b*****d :boo hoo:

wookie70
14-01-2018, 11:48 AM
It's a good interview, he comes over very well and he is honest enough to say he would have hoped to be doing a wee bit better. From the outside it looks like both Stokes and Lennon have very big personalities but even after a bust up can come together again. Stokes accepts Lennon has the power to do what he wants in terms of the incident but also says he didn't do anything wrong. If it is the odd incident then that will probably not be an issue but managers disciplining staff who feel they didn't do anything wrong is not an easy relationship to manage.

I think Stokes should be doing more and my assessment of his performance is a bit lower than his own. He is such a frustrating player as he has more talent than the vast majority of players in the league but barring the odd game he is generally pretty run of the mill with an odd flash of excellence. Scott Allen similarly frustrated me but he had a bit more end product. I think my issue comes when a player makes a mistake and their reaction to that. Allen went in the huff and did nothing which was the main reason I wasn't as keen on him as most here. You can never tell with Stokes. There has been a few games this season where his work ethic has been excellent, that usually coincides with his better performances. There has been just as many or more though when he has looked almost disinterested imo. Hopefully, it all comes together in the second half of the season and his indifferent performances become far fewer and less frequent and those flashes of brilliance become periods of brilliance.

JimboHibs
14-01-2018, 11:56 AM
It's a good interview, he comes over very well and he is honest enough to say he would have hoped to be doing a wee bit better. From the outside it looks like both Stokes and Lennon have very big personalities but even after a bust up can come together again. Stokes accepts Lennon has the power to do what he wants in terms of the incident but also says he didn't do anything wrong. If it is the odd incident then that will probably not be an issue but managers disciplining staff who feel they didn't do anything wrong is not an easy relationship to manage.

I think Stokes should be doing more and my assessment of his performance is a bit lower than his own. He is such a frustrating player as he has more talent than the vast majority of players in the league but barring the odd game he is generally pretty run of the mill with an odd flash of excellence. Scott Allen similarly frustrated me but he had a bit more end product. I think my issue comes when a player makes a mistake and their reaction to that. Allen went in the huff and did nothing which was the main reason I wasn't as keen on him as most here. You can never tell with Stokes. There has been a few games this season where his work ethic has been excellent, that usually coincides with his better performances. There has been just as many or more though when he has looked almost disinterested imo. Hopefully, it all comes together in the second half of the season and his indifferent performances become far fewer and less frequent and those flashes of brilliance become periods of brilliance.

You should have stopped after 'Its a good interview .... That's all it is.

Hibeewilly
14-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Great stuff Stokesy:aok:

BegbieHSC
14-01-2018, 12:45 PM
What a guy! He'll be hibs through and through by the end of it all. His remarks about 210516 bring it all back.

Eaststandee
14-01-2018, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised team Stokesy haven't been along to say he's wrong about not playing well in all matches this season.

:giruy2:

Hibbyradge
14-01-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised team Stokesy haven't been along to say he's wrong about not playing well in all matches this season.

Good post. Very helpful.

:rolleyes:

we are hibs
14-01-2018, 01:17 PM

absolutely no one said he's played well in every game this season. But he's put the effort in and not been as bad as clowns like yourself like to make out.

Eaststandee
14-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Good post. Very helpful.

:rolleyes:

It was only meant to be a light-hearted joke

absolutely no one said he's played well in every game this season. But he's put the effort in and not been as bad as clowns like yourself like to make out.

I was only joking ffs, I've never once said anything bad about Stokesy, chill out.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-01-2018, 01:31 PM

I was only joking ffs, I've never once said anything bad about Stokesy, chill out.

Hilarious.
If you make an invitation don’t be surprised if someone takes you up on it.

Hibbyradge
14-01-2018, 01:38 PM

OK. A word to the wise, in that case.

The power of the wink smiley is there for all of us to use when necessary.

Sarcasm and irony don't work on social media unless it's signposted from 500 yards.

God knows most of us learnt that the hard way too.

greenlex
14-01-2018, 01:39 PM
OK. A word to the wise, in that case.

The power of the wink smiley is there for all of us to use when necessary.

Sarcasm and irony don't work on social media unless it's signposted from 500 yards.

God knows most of us learnt that the hard way too.
You forgot to wink after the last line.

Smartie
14-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Good article.

I agree 100% with his own assessment of his goals and performances.

He's not quite set the heather alight yet, but he's still managed to make a decent contribution.

Good to hear that he knows he can do better.

Hibbyradge
14-01-2018, 01:57 PM
You forgot to wink after the last line.

I wasn't joking.

greenlex
14-01-2018, 02:00 PM
I wasn't joking.

I thought I detected sarcasm.😁

Hibbyradge
14-01-2018, 02:02 PM
I thought I detected sarcasm.😁

:faf:

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 04:03 PM
You should have stopped after 'Its a good interview .... That's all it is.

Why? His assessment was pretty well word for word what I would have said about Stokes this season.

Having said that, its good to hear Stokes himself saying he can do better .... A goal or two at the PBS next weekend would be the perfect start.

JimboHibs
14-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Why? His assessment was pretty well word for word what I would have said about Stokes this season.

Having said that, its good to hear Stokes himself saying he can do better .... A goal or two at the PBS next weekend would be the perfect start.

Just read Why.....

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Just read Why.....

With replies like that mate I'm surprised you can read at all :aok:

Callyballybe
14-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Good interview actually, came across quite well. Lets hope he can hit the 20 goal mark as soon as possible.

14-01-2018, 10:47 PM
21.05.2016 was like nothing he has ever/could ever experience at celtic. Celtic are so used to winning trophies that it's almost become meaningless and bog standard. They will never experience the feeling of 21/05.2016. The only thing I can think of that they could realistically win that would give them anywhere near that sort of high would be if they won the Europa Cup but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon. I'm sure Stokes, like every player would, enjoyed picking up trophies all the time with celtic but winning the SC with hibs was something very special.

The open top bus parade as well for Stokes is something he has never experienced. Parading through the streets with thousands and thousands of people looking up at you in admiration and hailing you as a hero. The stuff dreams are made of, that as a celtic player would don't get to experience. I guarantee that weekend will be Stokes fondest football memory when he's older and looks back on his career.

matty_f
15-01-2018, 01:31 PM
STV reporting that Stokes has been caught driving without a license in Glasgow. Silly laddie.

15-01-2018, 01:35 PM
STV reporting that Stokes has been caught driving without a license in Glasgow. Silly laddie.

He thought he was covered by his Irish driving license but he wasn't. Non-story.

Mango Man
15-01-2018, 01:35 PM

Seems to be from 2016, still, silly laddie.

Hibbyradge
15-01-2018, 01:40 PM
It's a non-story but how come his Irish licence isn't valid in the UK?

My UK license is valid in Ireland, the rest of Europe and North America.

hibs#1
15-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Good interview. 11 goals isn't a bad return so far,good to see he wants more though.

IlDiavola
15-01-2018, 06:05 PM
During, I believe.

:top marks

Captain Trips
16-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Fire us to Europe Stokesy.