PDA

View Full Version : Championship

Keyser Sauzee
13-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Looking like St Mirren will wrap this up this year, I think they might do it earlier than us last year. United are really poor this year and can’t see them getting anywhere near St Mirren now. Wonder how long Lazlo will get before being punted. Are united, still struggling financially?

JimboHibs
13-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Gotta give him credit Jack Ross looks like he's gonna become a cracking manager he's really turned St Mirren around,they were utter ***** when he took over.

cleanyman
13-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Keep DU down.

Jambo lovers.

hibbyfraelibby
13-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Lets wait a few week until the postponed games are played. The buddies are only two bad results away from back in the mix. Livvy are the dark horses. The Pars are in there too. As we all know that division can change completely in a fortnight.

Carheenlea
13-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Have not looked at the championship league table once this season and have no idea who is top or bottom. Assume it's St Mirren going by posts on this thread.
Just relieved we are out that league now.

Jones28
13-01-2018, 10:20 PM
By all accounts United are pretty rooked if they stay down, paying premier league wages on championship incomes on their fan base. I'd like to see St Mirren come up this season and Dunfermline next season, two good football clubs that are well run and have solid fan bases.

It's making for a really interesting tussle this season, delighted to see Falkirk have no chance of coming up too.

JimboHibs
13-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Wouldn't mind Dunfermline coming up decent away.

Tornadoes70
13-01-2018, 10:24 PM
By all accounts United are pretty rooked if they stay down, paying premier league wages on championship incomes on their fan base. I'd like to see St Mirren come up this season and Dunfermline next season, two good football clubs that are well run and have solid fan bases.

It's making for a really interesting tussle this season, delighted to see Falkirk have no chance of coming up too.

:top marks

Lago
13-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Gotta give him credit Jack Ross looks like he's gonna become a cracking manager he's really turned St Mirren around,they were utter ***** when he took over.
Correct and their fans wanted him dumped early doors.

Stuart93
13-01-2018, 10:58 PM
St mirren turned pretty decent when he took over, pumped us 3-1 in paisley and we struggled at home against them, although tee had wrapped things up by then

Zazu62
13-01-2018, 11:20 PM
St mirren turned pretty decent when he took over, pumped us 3-1 in paisley and we struggled at home against them, although tee had wrapped things up by then

Wasn’t it 2-0?

wookie70
13-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Hopefully St Mirren will come up. Love a we trip to Paisley. It will be interesting to see who they have as manager if they do come up as Jack Ross will surely be snapped up by someone. They have the same points after 22 games last season as we had. They have also scored 4 more goals than we had at the same point. Considering the run they had at at the end of last season they have had an amazing year.

Firestarter
14-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Wasn’t it 2-0?

Some left back boy scored a complete peach and I think he scored again. I thought it was 3-0

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2018, 12:29 AM

2-0, we were hopeless more than them being good that night.

Stuart93
14-01-2018, 01:46 AM
Apologies god knows why I though that it was 3-1

14-01-2018, 01:49 AM
We, more than most, should know that that league has many twists and turns, still plenty teams in the mix. Would quite like to see Dunfermline come up.

Tornadoes70
14-01-2018, 01:52 AM
Some left back boy scored a complete peach and I think he scored again. I thought it was 3-0

And who was your source that Dylan only seeks a one year deal instead of a three year one please?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 01:53 AM
To be honest the Premier league would benefit from any of St Mirren, Dundee Utd or Dunfermline coming up so far as facilities and crowds go, especially the Pars and Utd crowd wise.

It looks like St Mirren just now and if past experience is anything to go by Dundee Utd better not be banking on the play offs. Since their inception the fact that its heavily weighted in favour of the Premiership club means only one team has ever managed to make it up that way and that took us having an absolute meltdown for it to happen.

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2018, 03:43 AM
I think Dundee United are in trouble if they stay down again. Personally i hope they come up. The Dundee derby is one of our selling points and it's a miss to the Premiership. Such a unique fixture with the close proximity of the grounds.

14-01-2018, 04:00 AM
I think Dundee United are in trouble if they stay down again. Personally i hope they come up. The Dundee derby is one of our selling points and it's a miss to the Premiership. Such a unique fixture with the close proximity of the grounds.

If they stay down then next season will be their 3rd season there, therefore no "parachute payment". That will hit them badly. We were down 3 seasons but our cup win helped us massively financially for the third season.

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2018, 04:08 AM
If they stay down then next season will be their 3rd season there, therefore no "parachute payment". That will hit them badly. We were down 3 seasons but our cup win helped us massively financially for the third season.Yeah it was a massive sroke of luck for us. Commercially wise we sky rocketed after 21/5/16 and we kicked on the next season. Good point about the parachute payment. I fear for them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Keep DU down.

Jambo lovers.

Perhaps but they would still be a better addition to the Premiership than St Mirren IMO.

chippy
14-01-2018, 05:50 AM
Perhaps but they would still be a better addition to the Premiership than St Mirren IMO.

Promote Pars, Buds, United, Livi let’s get rid of 12 club league forever go for 14 minimum possibly 16 or even 18

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2018, 07:24 AM
Keep United down. I’ve a theory that a strong Hibs and Dundee United cannot exist at the same time. In the years I’ve been following football one has been invariably only been strong when the other has been weak. Would like them to be the Edinburgh City of Dundee.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Ross County and Hamilton down

St Mirren and Dundee United up.

Having the "old firm", Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, "new firm" game along with a good footballing side in St Mirren can only be good for our top flight, imo

Mcpakeisgod
14-01-2018, 11:02 AM
I’d quite like Dunfermline back up, decent club who’ve spent far too long down there

Ringothedog
14-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Ross County and Hamilton down

St Mirren and Dundee United up.

Having the "old firm", Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, "new firm" game along with a good footballing side in St Mirren can only be good for our top flight, imo

Sounds great, but eventually one of those teams will have a bad year and get relegated. What we need is a 16 team league with no relegation for a minimum of 3 years which will allow clubs the chance to build decent squads, better infrastructure etc.

Pretty Boy
14-01-2018, 11:37 AM
I hope St Mirren come up just so I can get the Alamo back onto my pre match boozer schedule.

iwasthere1972
14-01-2018, 11:51 AM
I hope St Mirren come up just so I can get the Alamo back onto my pre match boozer schedule.

The Alamo. It's like walking into a 1970's (and an early one at that) themed pub except that everything is original including the pies. That'll be a dollar.

iwasthere1972
14-01-2018, 11:52 AM
My money is on Brechin to get relegated. Four points. Did they get a fifteen point deduction or are they that bad.

oneone73
14-01-2018, 12:33 PM
The Alamo. It's like walking into a 1970's (and an early one at that) themed pub except that everything is original including the pies. That'll be a dollar.

The Alamo. A pub flattered by its name, and the last place I saw a black and white telly. Good fun though

Spike Mandela
14-01-2018, 12:35 PM
St Mirren will come up and Hearts will survive the playoff final.:cb

SChibs
14-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Interesting he top 4 have only conceded 23 or 24 goals each. All about how many you can score this season really

greenlex
14-01-2018, 01:30 PM
When you look at how competitive it is even without the bigger teams of the last three years it really is screaming at the athourities to have a larger top league. 16 , 18 Or 20 teams.Two leagues of 20 would be my preference. Play each other twice and tell tv to bolt. Enhance the numbers in the relegation and promotion play offs if we must . Not only more interesting but a breathing space to blood those youngsters who at the moment are being frozen out by managers too concerned with not getting relegated and chasing promotion. We only seem to give them a proper chance through injuries these days.