View Full Version : Hearts 0 Nuremberg 5 hibs for the cup

Springbank
13-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Hearts are shxte

Here we go

TEN IN A ROW

IGRIGI
13-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Lucky they didn't score or they wouldn't be alive to make the tie.

SaulGoodman
13-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Hibs 1 Whoever the **** we were playing yesterday 3

HoboHarry
13-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Hibs 1 Whoever the **** we were playing yesterday 3
Willem II, the club who play in the the top league in the Netherlands? I know you knew that but I just wanted to show you how daft your post was.

Tornadoes70
13-01-2018, 09:31 PM
0-5

They're tom kite.

Bring on the Jam Tarts.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

SaulGoodman
13-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Willem II, the club who play in the the top league in the Netherlands? I know you knew that but I just wanted to show you how daft your post was.

It's as daft as this OP, celebrating Hearts losing a friendly when we done the same yesterday.

Tornadoes70
13-01-2018, 10:38 PM
It's as daft as this OP, celebrating Hearts losing a friendly when we done the same yesterday.

He's not daft at all. The vast majority of hi bees in my opinion would take great joy in hearing of them being humped 0-5 no matter a friendly or not especially with such a huge derby imminent. Losing by that margin is demoralising and will put much doubt and uncertainty into those pumped up yams.

Maybe you're different but even if you are then there's still no need to call anyone daft.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Pretty Boy
13-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Craig Levein would have been just as gutted if they had won 5-0. The man lives for the day the 0-0 becomes footballs glamorous result.

California-Hibs
14-01-2018, 12:03 AM
They really are murder. Hibs to put them out......AGAIN! .....’Maclaren gets the ball....MACLAREEEN!!!!’

Tornadoes70
14-01-2018, 12:10 AM
They really are murder. Hibs to put them out......AGAIN! .....’Maclaren gets the ball....MACLAREEEN!!!!’

Jamie slots it past the goalie to make it 0-2 and Big Marv breaks the wee coch by easing him off the ball yet again. The Men in the Green and White are coasting through to the next round against this very poor tom kite from gorgie.

The team from gorgie have conceded that the Men in Green and White run this city.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

monktonharp
14-01-2018, 12:38 AM
Nuremburg was known for it's trials, a long time ago. looks like the gorgie mob were guilty as charged. Pish

14-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Didn't think it was likely Levein would play their new left-back but from his interview it sounds like he might.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-new-boy-demetri-mitchell-in-line-for-cup-debut-v-hibs-1-4660850

6 "clean sheets" in a row and then they find the solution to their left-back problem. Defensively even stronger now I imagine, how did they get on against Nuremberg?

From what little I've seen and heard it seems he might be decent going forward but not so great at defending. Boyle will have a field day.

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 01:38 AM
You cant read anything into friendlies, if the Yams had pumped Nuremberg 5 zip I wouldn't have been sweating over it to be honest. It does however shut up the Yams getting their knickers in a twist over them drawing with Arnhem and us losing 3 - 1 to Willem II and thinking that was some sort of indicator as to how the derby will pan out.

Its still funny seeing them get pumped though :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2018, 04:13 AM
Ridiculous having a break in the middle of the season. Im sure the sports scientists will claim it's beneficial but for me its a no. Can't read in to a friendly result.

FilipinoHibs
14-01-2018, 04:15 AM
You cant read anything into friendlies, if the Yams had pumped Nuremberg 5 zip I wouldn't have been sweating over it to be honest. It does however shut up the Yams getting their knickers in a twist over them drawing with Arnhem and us losing 3 - 1 to Willem II and thinking that was some sort of indicator as to how the derby will pan out.

Its still funny seeing them get pumped though :greengrin

Yes Nuremberg lying third in Bundeslega II so pretty useful.

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Nuremburg was known for it's trials, a long time ago. looks like the gorgie mob were guilty as charged. Pish

To be fair Hearts probably a bit complacent in the circumstances, coming into this game off the back of two World War wins.

Onceinawhile
14-01-2018, 08:37 AM
I think it was pretty much hearts reserves. Don't think it'll have much of a bearing on next week's result.

Springbank
14-01-2018, 08:46 AM
Jamie maclarens team darnstadt had a 4-3 Seven goal thriller v Nuremberg earlier this season. Get Boyle putting their new left back on toast and lets have it, Hibs!

Keith_M
14-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Nuremberg are a whole different prospect to the teams in our league and would probably have beat Hibs 5-0 as well.

bigwheel
14-01-2018, 10:42 AM
I would ignore friendly results...at least I hope so, as we got beat by Willem, who are perennial relegation candidates in a pretty weak Dutch league

Bostonhibby
14-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Meaningless game but a nice wee day out for that wee nazi saluting yambam, wonder if he zeig hiel'd every goal.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
14-01-2018, 11:59 AM

:bitchy: The top league in the Netherlands never went bust.

Famous Fiver
14-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Run that bit past me again about the team that has not conceded a goal in however many games?

Oh, ma sides........!!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Run that bit past me again about the team that has not conceded a goal in however many games?

Oh, ma sides........!!!!!

Yes, and it shouldn't be forgotten that if your managers default setting is defence, defence, defence the very best place to put that 'philosophy' into action and see it succeed is on a park 6 yards narrower than just about any pitch in the country and play all but two of your games in a run without losing a goal on that pitch.

Not forgetting of course that Oli Shaw actually ended that run two games back.

Hermit Crab
14-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Their team was mostly young laddies, nothing to see here.

NAE NOOKIE
14-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Their team was mostly young laddies, nothing to see here.

Aye, but the best crop of young laddies seen in Scotland since WWII :greengrin

IlDiavola
14-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Nuremberg are a whole different prospect to the teams in our league and would probably have beat Hibs 5-0 as well.

:top marks

Careful now, that's a sensible post and will not go down well.

3rd in the Bundesliga? They must be rubbish :rolleyes:

Ringothedog
14-01-2018, 04:50 PM
:top marks

Careful now, that's a sensible post and will not go down well.

3rd in the Bundesliga? They must be rubbish :rolleyes:
Bundesliga 2, they are second division German team

IlDiavola
14-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Bundesliga 2, they are second division German team

Ooops!

I knew that too.

Doh!!

14-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Yes, and it shouldn't be forgotten that if your managers default setting is defence, defence, defence the very best place to put that 'philosophy' into action and see it succeed is on a park 6 yards narrower than just about any pitch in the country and play all but two of your games in a run without losing a goal on that pitch.

Not forgetting of course that Oli Shaw actually ended that run two games back.

And Aberdeen were denied a stonewall penalty.

Itsnoteasy
14-01-2018, 07:17 PM

Who've only won 4 games this season

andyf5
14-01-2018, 10:44 PM
I was at the Hearts game in Valencia and only 6 first team players started so can't take anything from scoreline. Dimitri Mitchell was pacy and looked good. Nuremberg totally outclassed them but they played their best team. 140 Germans and about 15 Hearts fans....

FilipinoHibs
15-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Ooops!

I knew that too.

Doh!!

2nd and a point off the leaders

--------
15-01-2018, 11:59 AM
I always think it's a bad idea to start gloating over a derby win a week before the game kicks off.

Can leave you looking awfie silly. :rolleyes:

HoboHarry
15-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Who've only won 4 games this season
Does that make my statement untrue?