PDA

View Full Version : When Sauzee signed

MSK
13-01-2018, 06:13 PM
I know we stretched the budget when we signed Sauzee, was there competition for his signing at the time & did he have offers to play for a bigger club ?

Just thought I would throw that out there, I thought he was class

Pretty Boy
13-01-2018, 07:12 PM
I know we stretched the budget when we signed Sauzee, was there competition for his signing at the time & did he have offers to play for a bigger club ?

For some reason Royal Antwerp or Rapid Vienna rings a bell as competition for him although I may have just totally made that up.

HoboHarry
13-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United all tried to sign him but he told them all to get stuffed as Hibs were they only team worth signing for........

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2018, 07:37 PM

Bigger Club!!!

MSK
13-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Bigger Club!!!Couldnae put better 😲

hibees 7062
13-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Bigger Club!!!

They tried to sign him but he chose Hibs

greenlad
13-01-2018, 09:01 PM
For some reason Royal Antwerp or Rapid Vienna rings a bell as competition for him although I may have just totally made that up.

Serious interest from Rapid Vienna and Basel but he saw the merits of living in Edinburgh "one of the great European capitals", wanted to try something different (British football) after a career in France and Italy, and perhaps most importantly liked and respected Alex McLeish after they were playing adversaries years earlier.

O'Rourke3
13-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Serious interest from Rapid Vienna and Basel but he saw the merits of living in Edinburgh "one of the great European capitals", wanted to try something different (British football) after a career in France and Italy, and perhaps most importantly liked and respected Alex McLeish after they were playing adversaries years earlier.TBF 6K a week helped...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

silverhibee
13-01-2018, 10:47 PM
TBF 6K a week helped...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

And then appearance money & win bonus would take it up to about 9k p/w.

edinburghhibee
14-01-2018, 04:25 AM
And I’d pay it all again to watch that man in a hibs jersey! SAUZEE! THERES ONLY ONE SAUZEE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk