PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

col02
13-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Congratulations to Paul Hanlon on the ten year anniversary since his debut! Fantastic footballer and has developed into a top defender too. Great to have seen him gain an international call up for last November's friendly too. Here is to many more years good service from another of our own.

Leith's finest
13-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Wonder if anything set up for his testimonial year?

AgentDaleCooper
13-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Brilliant servant to our, and HIS club. Amazing that we have not 1 but 2 people you could describe as 'mr hibs' in our ranks. Not to mention his cup winner's medal.. in a word, legend.

we are hibs
13-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Alan Stubbs completely changed him as a player and gave him confidence on the ball. He's now one of the best centre halves at the club whereas before 2014 I wouldn't have been fussed if we had got rid of him. I'd say he has been the most improved player at hibs over the last few years and has become one of best ball playing defenders in Scotland which is testament to himself and the coaches who have worked with him since relegation

Baader
13-01-2018, 01:05 PM
One of the most underrated players I've seen at ER. A great asset to Hibs and a very good footballer.

HibernianJK
13-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Brilliant servant to our, and HIS club. Amazing that we have not 1 but 2 people you could describe as 'mr hibs' in our ranks. Not to mention his cup winner's medal.. in a word, legend.

Not to knock Lewis’ service to us whatsoever but with Paul having grown up a Hibs fan and then go on to play virtually every game of his career for us, I would have Paul ahead of Lewis for the Mr Hibs title.

Nicho87
13-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Getting better as the years go by. Great servant

H18S NX
13-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Both deserve top praise,cheers guys. :aok::not worth:top marks

Seveno
13-01-2018, 01:20 PM
He has suffered at the club over the years by having less than competent centre back partners. I think he has played at his best along side Daz.

Northernhibee
13-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Him and Lewis are two players you just don't get much at all in the modern game. That we have both is staggering, and both Scottish cup heroes.

Jones28
13-01-2018, 01:39 PM
A really good ball player, some of the dinks forward he hits are tremendous and it's real testament to his character that he has stuck with the club through some of the darkest days in recent history.

Congratulation Paul, and thank you.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-01-2018, 01:55 PM
We never would have been relegated if he hadn’t got injured

Always happy to see his name on the team sheet

O'Rourke3
13-01-2018, 03:47 PM
We never would have been relegated if he hadn’t got injured

Always happy to see his name on the team sheet

This. Always like to see his name on the teamsheet.

staunchhibby
13-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Two superb club servants.

WeveGotMcginn
13-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Alan Stubbs completely changed him as a player and gave him confidence on the ball. He's now one of the best centre halves at the club whereas before 2014 I wouldn't have been fussed if we had got rid of him. I'd say he has been the most improved player at hibs over the last few years and has become one of best ball playing defenders in Scotland which is testament to himself and the coaches who have worked with him since relegation

Agree with this, very rarely see him get bullied from opposing strikers anymore & can pick a pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedy_gonzales
13-01-2018, 07:31 PM
I remember when he was on loan at St Johnstone, he played left back I think in a televised game against Rangers, couple of surging runs and a lovely deep left to forward right cross-field pass that was just sublime. I knew then he'd do more than alright!

13-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Just a hibs fan living out the dream I'm sure many of us have had, to play for hibs. Congratulations, Paul you have been a brilliant servant for our club and have developed as a player so much in the last 3-4 years :aok:

Not to mention scoring one of the most important goals in this clubs history. If it hadn't been for his late equalizer at tynecastle in 2016 we would have been out the cup and 21.05.16 never would have happened. For that I am forever grateful to him. :not worth

Onceinawhile
13-01-2018, 09:25 PM
I remember when he was on loan at St Johnstone, he played left back I think in a televised game against Rangers, couple of surging runs and a lovely deep left to forward right cross-field pass that was just sublime. I knew then he'd do more than alright!

He played 2 games for st Johnstone in 09/10 When they were in the first division...

Captain Trips
13-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Another great servant hope for a few more years as well.

scoopyboy
13-01-2018, 09:33 PM
He played 2 games for st Johnstone in 09/10 When they were in the first division...

He played against Rangers in the Scottish Cup....................

speedy_gonzales
13-01-2018, 09:39 PM

He played against Rangers in the Scottish Cup....................

Was starting to doubt myself there, I'm not a statto by any stretch of the imagination but I was sure I'd seen Paul play for St J against the Rangers,,,,

Onceinawhile
14-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Well then. Don't I look daft. Proving there that as ebbe skodvahl says "statistics are like mini skirts"