PDA

View Full Version : We run this city

lord bunberry
12-01-2018, 11:39 PM
Thier time has come and gone. Years of financial doping are over. It’s our time now.

Sammy7nil
13-01-2018, 12:08 AM
Thier time has come and gone. Years of financial doping are over. It’s our time now.

Is the thread title a Jefferson Starship song :confused:

I wish we would leave this pish to them and just get on with doing the business time and again on the park.

-Jonesy-
13-01-2018, 12:09 AM
is the thread title a jefferson starship song :confused:

I wish we would leave this pish to them and just get on with doing the business time and again on the park.

tony plays the mamba!!!

Ronniekirk
13-01-2018, 12:10 AM

Better with Jefferson Aeroplane Eat Starch Mom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
13-01-2018, 12:11 AM

**** knows who Jefferson starship are. I was only quoting a well known tweet from Marvin Bartley. Try and not over think things mate.

hibsbollah
13-01-2018, 12:11 AM
It's not strictly speaking true. Edinburgh is run by a municipal authority, so no one of the city's professional football teams can be said to have any pre-eminent role in its governance.

Sammy7nil
13-01-2018, 12:15 AM
**** knows who Jefferson starship are. I was only quoting a well known tweet from Marvin Bartley. Try and not over think things mate.

Whoosh

lord bunberry
13-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Whoosh

Excellent I’ve not been whooshed for a while :greengrin

Vault Boy
13-01-2018, 12:18 AM
It's not strictly speaking true. Edinburgh is run by a municipal authority, so no one of the city's professional football teams can be said to have any pre-eminent role in its governance.

That settles it then, Darren McGregor for Lord Provost 2018. Then we'll see the tides turn...

Vault Boy
13-01-2018, 12:20 AM
The Edinburgh Derby is our fixture now. Plus, considering our 'special relationship' with knocking them out of the cup, the next match is a dead cert victory for the good guys.

Jones28
13-01-2018, 12:27 AM
We built this city

Glory Lurker
13-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Jefferson Straship built this city. Then they handed it over to us Hibees to run it.

:partyhibb

Edit: Yes, I meant Jefferson Straship. Jefferson Starship built a different city. Probably Portsmouth.

SaulGoodman
13-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Don't you remember

Souter96Mac
13-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Get it up them. Forever in our shadow

vuefrom1875
13-01-2018, 12:47 AM

Err...apart from our tramp loving jambo council.

Smartie
13-01-2018, 01:04 AM
In all seriousness, that chorus is quality, and I can't help but think there's another Martin Boyle song in there.

"We built this city on Martin Boyle".

Or something.

"Franck Sauzee and Sol Bamba

Listen to the radio

Don't you remember

We built this city on Martin Boyle"

Bedtime.

Dinkydoo
13-01-2018, 01:16 AM
....on Rock 'N Roll!!!

*****, wrong song

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

southsider
13-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Jefferson Straship built this city. Then they handed it over to us Hibees to run it.

:partyhibb

Edit: Yes, I meant Jefferson Straship. Jefferson Starship built a different city. Probably Portsmouth.
Still got my old Jefferson Airplane LP's.

lord bunberry
13-01-2018, 10:07 AM
I wasn’t drunk last night, :greengrin

bod
13-01-2018, 11:57 AM
We built this city

on sausage rolls

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again. We don't have to win loads of cups or derbies to be a thorn in the flesh of Heart of Midlothian ... they would love to create a myth that they are Edinburgh's team and that they are the city's 'go to club' Its a myth their own fans cling to, you just have to look at kickback where they love to talk about Hibs being an "irrelevance" and "Edinburgh doesn't want them"

On the 22nd of May 2016 150,000 people rammed all that schyde right down their throats and an average of 18,000 people are keeping that fine tradition going this season.

Nah .... to get one over the Jambos all we need to do is exist, that's enough to put them into a frenzy of seethe :greengrin

PS

Its a small thing, but it must really get on their tits that when stuff centred around Edinburgh comes on the telly Hibs are the go to club ... Trainspotting, Rebus, Sunshine on Leith ... hell I even saw a film on the telly a few weeks ago where a Hibby gets off with Scarlett Johansson :greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-01-2018, 12:15 PM
One or two light ales consumed before post on this thread were made me thinks. :greengrin

hibsbollah
13-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again. We don't have to win loads of cups or derbies to be a thorn in the flesh of Heart of Midlothian ... they would love to create a myth that they are Edinburgh's team and that they are the city's 'go to club' Its a myth their own fans cling to, you just have to look at kickback where they love to talk about Hibs being an "irrelevance" and "Edinburgh doesn't want them"

On the 22nd of May 2016 150,000 people rammed all that schyde right down their throats and an average of 18,000 people are keeping that fine tradition going this season.

Nah .... to get one over the Jambos all we need to do is exist, that's enough to put them into a frenzy of seethe :greengrin

It's hard to say definitively, but judging by my kids' schoolmates and from watching boys clubs in the city there seem to be more Hibs fans coming through than Hearts fans.

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2018, 12:28 PM
It's hard to say definitively, but judging by my kids' schoolmates and from watching boys clubs in the city there seem to be more Hibs fans coming through than Hearts fans.

I mentioned this on another thread .... A Yam on kickback recently was bemoaning the demographic of his fellow fans at the PBS, he said it was noticeable how middle aged and over the crowd was looking .... I don't think its unreasonable to say that the city's kids are looking on Hibs as the 'cooler' choice these days :aok:

lyonhibs
13-01-2018, 12:32 PM

We're the better football team and I look forward to hopefully a good few victories over them now it's a level playing field but "We run this city" chat??

Not for me. Do our business on the park and leave the bravado laden social media slogans to them.

Edit: I see alcohol had been taken before starting this thread which perhaps explains the bravure. Been there, done that. Still, the point stands. Let's just pump them on the park and gloat afterwards, not beforehand.

silverhibee
13-01-2018, 03:16 PM
One or two light ales consumed before post on this thread were made me thinks. :greengrin

Lets all just be glad that the Queen is okay. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-01-2018, 03:17 PM
It's not strictly speaking true. Edinburgh is run by a municipal authority, so no one of the city's professional football teams can be said to have any pre-eminent role in its governance.Except for the yam cooncil?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
13-01-2018, 03:20 PM
We need to find some way to have breathalyzer tests for people posting after midnight.

:greengrin

Northernhibee
13-01-2018, 03:24 PM
The local orphanage received a visit from the Hearts team ahead of next weeks derby.

"It's so sad seeing their sad little faces devoid of all hope" said Anna, aged seven.

SaulGoodman
13-01-2018, 03:37 PM
On a serious note, my Jambo mate, after much of a struggle, had two tickets for the derby in the Hearts end, he left them on the dashboard of his car and nipped in to the shop.

Can you believe some brutal **** actually smashed the window.

And left another two.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2018, 03:49 PM
On a serious note, my Jambo mate, after much of a struggle, had two tickets for the derby in the Hearts end, he left them on the dashboard of his car and nipped in to the shop.

Can you believe some brutal **** actually smashed the window.

And left another two.

:tumble:

SaulGoodman
13-01-2018, 04:14 PM
:tumble:

Sorry I know you don't like jokes about the team you support.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Sorry I know you don't like jokes about the team you support.

1-5

FranckSuzy
13-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Lets all just be glad that the Queen is okay. :greengrin

:faf:

SaulGoodman
13-01-2018, 04:37 PM
1-5

:wink:

jabis
13-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Still got my old Jefferson Airplane LP's.

So do I.

Would have got back to you earlier,but those pesky rabbits can shift :agree: